Issue Reports: Heart of Thorns [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: LazJones.2138

LazJones.2138

Leaf of Kudzu tier 1 recipe set said it was able to be used by Artificer (450), Huntsman (450), and Weaponsmith (450). Used it on my Artificer since he was closest to having 450, but nowhere are three out of the four recipes to be found. Only the Legendary Inscription is there. I saw other people were having the same problem.

Posted by: Venomge.7142

Venomge.7142

Cannot continue “SIGNS CUTTING” story. Says “keep searching for Rox’s trail” but map shows nothing, quitting/starting chapter does nothing, same message. Please help.

Desolation [EU] – Thief

Posted by: Brujeria.7536

Brujeria.7536

“on Wings of Gold” Is bugged, it does not give Lifetime rewards

Attachments:

Posted by: agenciq.8043

agenciq.8043

Purchasing Aetherium boosts for influence in Guild Halls still has no effect. After the booster was bought, Aetherium is still mined 1 per minute.

Would be nice if the problem was fixed because the last patch with the “fix” apparently didn’t do much.

Additionally, having an indicator somewhere that the boost is in effect would help a lot otherwise we just spend influence getting an affect of character leveling up and nothing happens. The only way to check if the boost is in effect is comparing the rate of mining with a stopwatch/timer in your hand which I find pretty ridiculous.

Agentka
Former TXS Alliance Leader,
now Northern Lights EU community Leader

Posted by: PEGO.2547

PEGO.2547

Still stuck in Prologue in Silverwastes. Entry to VB is prohibited so I can’t get my gliding mastery to continue the story. What is going on? I’ve read similar tags from 5 days ago. Has this not been fixed yet?

Posted by: Oogo.4083

Oogo.4083

game keep crashing at least 10- 15 times day,,,,,,, since last night when the game crash it refuse to restart saying there is no network connection…. please fix this

i am on mac computer

Attachments:

Posted by: Oogo.4083

Oogo.4083

Still stuck in Prologue in Silverwastes. Entry to VB is prohibited so I can’t get my gliding mastery to continue the story. What is going on? I’ve read similar tags from 5 days ago. Has this not been fixed yet?

try wp outside of instance area in silver waste it worked for me

Posted by: Rukiichan.4315

Rukiichan.4315

Always getting the Network connection error while doing story instance, its extremely irritating because the instances are long and i always get the error in the middle or near the end then i have to restart all over again. Atm third attempt at chapter 15. :/ Had to do a few other chapters so many times over i memorised all their unskippable dialogue.

Edit: My internet is fine, i was listening to some stuff on youtube and had the usual ~200-300 ping since i’m far from the servers. It just suddenly crashes, noticed it usually happens when i fall and die from gliding though sometimes it just randomly happens while im killing a mob. It also only happens when I’m doing story, i never dc anywhere else.

(edited by Rukiichan.4315)

Posted by: poseidas menti.2567

poseidas menti.2567

Nuhoch Stealth Detection does not work against Coztic Bladedancers in Verdant Brink, whereas it works against Coztic Shadowleapers in the same map without issue.

(edited by poseidas menti.2567)

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Crashes are absolutely not stopping.

Auric Basin is crashing lie crazy.

The WHOLE map just crashed – all four events at the same time.

Anet?

Are you there?

Do you comprehend what you’re doing to your game?

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

(edited by atheria.2837)

Posted by: laverinth.5126

laverinth.5126

While doing Hearts and Minds I ran into no issues aside from one, but this one kept me from being able to continue. The third rift I needed to open didn’t appear in a location I could reach. I’d seen this rift appear before in previous attempts before the recent patching, but there had always been another one I could actually get to. This time the character that opened the rift just stood off to the side where the new rift should be, but this is all I got. I can’t reach it to complete it this way.

Attachments:

Posted by: intrepia.5983

intrepia.5983

Whenever I open one of the guild upgrade windows in the guild hall and then open the regular guild window, my game client crashes. I’m on the Mac client, so I just discovered this after the previous Mac bug was fixed.

Cerylyn ~ Ceryela ~ Cerylse ~ Ceryena ~ Coraliya ~ Roseliya ~ Felisitae ~ Rylsa
Vintage Gaming [VG] | Attuned [Att] | Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] ~ Jade Quarry

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

The break bar on the Champion Loading Screen boss is impossible. My character never even gets an attack off. Has anyone beaten it?

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

Posted by: DragonLord.9456

DragonLord.9456

You can not complete the Elementalist/Tempest Collection!
Where the Armorpiece (that you get for fully training the spec) should be, there is a second machined warhorn!

Attachments:

Posted by: Dargon.9375

Dargon.9375

Still has no additional character slot

after this post i’ve recieved message from arena.net and missed title “maguma trailblazer” but no character slot…
sry for annoying message

Posted by: Cayafas.8290

Cayafas.8290

The process for crafting The Chosen (the precursor for The Flameseeker Prophecies) is currently effectively impossible.

The very first item required for the very first collection, the Anthology of Heroes, effectively cannot be crafted at this time. It requires 13 sheets of quality paper, which are account-bound and can only be made by a level 300 scribe. This means that in order to start the collection, you need to be part of a large and rich guild (at guild level 10) and have a scribe levelled to level 300. Both of these are absolutely prohibitively expensive. They cost more than the Flameseeker Prophecies themselves.

Right now, starting the process of crafting The Chosen requires guild interaction even though the item is not guild related (something that has been avoided so far), and encourages people to join guilds for entirely selfish reasons (to level up a crafting discipline and then bail). Scribing items might become cheaper later on, but at this time, the entrance requirement for starting the crafting process for the Chosen effectively locks everyone out of doing it.

This cannot be intended.

Posted by: Kilyan II.7164

Kilyan II.7164

Map reward still doesn’t works properly. I complete the exploration of Verdant on my warr and didn’t receive the chest reward.

Posted by: Avariz.8241

Avariz.8241

I have reported this bug in game. I will also report it here as well.

On completion of Revenant’s elite specialization Herald it does not activate. No herald weapon, no herald skills, no herald all other function.

I just got the item rewards but not the above.

I am guessing this could be a major bug.

Update: It is activated now in game – Had to use the bottom specialization bar. It only show up there and you have to turn Herald on. Other wise It doesn’t show in other bars nor function.

(edited by Avariz.8241)

Posted by: dadivonija.5314

dadivonija.5314

So “The Way In” story mission is bugged. I can`t make any progress with Chak Enzyme but I have it in my inventory. I can talk to the Nuhoc and he gives me 2 Enzyme but still no progress. The shady looking Nuhoc that wants to sell me enzyme doesn`t even open any kind of window for me to buy the enzyme. I am stuck. Hope you can fix it soon.

kill the chak, gives you the rest of the enzyme

The problem is that I can`t make any progress with chak enzyme. I have more than six enzyme in my inventory but I can`t progress the story.

Posted by: Dajova.5849

Dajova.5849

game keep crashing at least 10- 15 times day,,,,,,, since last night when the game crash it refuse to restart saying there is no network connection…. please fix this

i am on mac computer

Yeah, i get the exact same crash, every few hours. Really really annoying.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Same-crash-since-launch

Posted by: CrimmsonWind.1475

CrimmsonWind.1475

My other issues have been acknowledged and are being worked on already, but this one just happened. It can prevent progress and force you to start this step over.

Hearts and Minds spoiler:

In Hearts and Minds, occasionally the reality rift spawns outside the edge of the platform, in mid air, stalling the quest. I don’t want to attach an image directly because I don’t want to inadvertently spoil anyone, but here is a link to the image showing what I’m talking about: https://36.media.tumblr.com/ea0b1b4c9ef7903ffa0400a79c0afe18/tumblr_nwznncjm0a1qh5qj5o1_1280.jpg

editing to add: I understand what happened to cause this now. I failed and retried at the Retry Mote, so the fight reset but the platform didn’t. So the first Reality Rift spawned in its spot, but there was no ground for me to walk on. So, still a bug, but at least I have the details of it now.

(edited by CrimmsonWind.1475)

Posted by: Drakril.4058

Drakril.4058

Completed Auric Basin Meta last night 10 – 11pm Mountain time. North had killed the Octo with 3 seconds left (they were the last ones) and it went straight to the sacrifice cut-scene instead of being victorious? Not sure if anyone else has experienced this?

Posted by: Kylden Ar.3724

Kylden Ar.3724

NEVER had a problem with this game until HoT…. Getting crashes every 5-10 minutes like everyone else is… OBVIOUSLY a problem with the game… not my PC, so i emailed support and here is the reply…

THEY TOLD ME TO REMOVE MEMORY FROM MY PC and it was a WINDOWS 32 BIT problem… Not the game.. WTF..

my husband can run this on his laptop with intel UMA with only 32M of video memory and shared 1gig system memory.

THIS IS A PROBLEM WITH NVIDA cards and the game client, not our pc’s, and needs to be fixed ASAP.

Please get this fixed or refund me the money i paid for a game i can no longer play because of bad coding…

Hello —-—-,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The issue you are having is known as an Out Of Memory Error. While we do have some suggestions for helping players work around this issue, ultimately we need you to understand that this is a limitation of 32-bit Operating Systems and not actually of Guild Wars 2 itself. The main issue here is simply memory limitations inherent in 32-bit Operating Systems.

The problem comes in the form of the additional video memory your graphics card has:

— Display Memory: 2257 MB
— Dedicated Memory: 978 MB
— Shared Memory: 1279 MB

This is where it gets a little complicated, but the short version is that the additional memory can push your total available memory into negative numbers resulting in crashes or simply, “out of memory errors.” Some players have resolved this by upgrading to a 64-bit operating system. Others simply have removed physical RAM from the system to bring the memory totals closer to values intended for that revision of Windows (32-bit). Obviously removing RAM from your PC is not an ideal solution but I wanted to give you all the information we have learned regarding these issues. You can read more about this issue from Microsoft here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929605. The important part is listed below:

“For example, if you have a video card that has 256 MB of onboard memory, that memory must be mapped within the first 4 GB of address space. If 4 GB of system memory is already installed, part of that address space must be reserved by the graphics memory mapping. Graphics memory mapping overwrites a part of the system memory. These conditions reduce the total amount of system memory that is available to the operating system.”

One solution presented by players being affected by this is to change the “Maximum pre-rendered frames” in the Nvidia control panel. To do this:

Right-click on your desktop and select “Nvidia Control Panel.”
Select "Manage 3D Settings.”
Scroll down until you find “Maximum pre-rendered frames” and change it from “Use the 3D application settings” to “1.”

Once completed, click “Apply” to save your changes and try Guild Wars 2 again.

Regards,

GM Skull Knight
Guild Wars 2 Support Team
http://help.guildwars2.com/

I will try this, but not hopeful.

It made the crash time before forst crash 40 mins as opposed to 10, but still did not fix the OOM issue.

Kylden
Leader of TACO mini-roamer guild, Kaineng.

Posted by: Professor Lang.1397

Professor Lang.1397

still unable to log in on any character. i get the network error 1083:5:7:1595:101

Posted by: sparc.3649

sparc.3649

Dear ANET,

I have found what I believe to be a “bug”, as follows:

When on the map “Dragon’s Stand”, there’s something that apparently kills any/all players on the map (not sure on this as I just got to this map), and, after I got resurrected I walked through the portal to the North to go to “Tangled Depths” only to wind up NOT at the waypoint there (so I couldn’t just easily walk right back into Dragon’s Stand). It actually puts you way over by “Ley-Line Confluence Waypoint”. In all of the “testing” I’ve done this appears to be the only time this happens. As, if I walk back and forth through the “portals” near “Dragon’s Passage Waypoint” (in Tangled Depths) and “Pact base Camp Waypoint” (in Dragon’s Stand) “normally”, it works just fine. But AFTER being killed by whatever event causes players on “Dragon’s Stand” to be killed – as I stated, if you walk North through the “portal” it will place you near “Ley-Line Confluence Waypoint” on “Tangled Depths”.

I can also (haven’t yet) take and submit video to illustrate this “issue” if necessary (if you’re unable to replicate it).

Thanks,

~Sparc

/—————————————\
© sparc.3649 ~ LPC ~ Anvil Rock
\—————————————/

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

Story End recipehttp://imgur.com/5qNnqm2

became this in cragting list – http://imgur.com/G6LKzMh
after crafting – http://imgur.com/ot6awY7

so basically right now machined weapons are impossible to get because this recipe is bugged.

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

Posted by: Doireidh.4682

Doireidh.4682

There’s a way to ressurect yourself in the same place where you died.

How to reproduce it:
1. Die.
2. Waypoint into the Guild Hall.
3. Leave Guild Hall.

You’re now alive, in the spot where you died.

Posted by: Slapapa.3561

Slapapa.3561

There seems to be a probleme with the 2nd part of the “Hononary Rata Novan” achievement in tangled depths. I did all the event chain, but the 2nt part “protected Zidli” isn’t completed (i believe it’s the event where you have to protect Zidli from a golem that attacks the nearest opponent).
This prevents me from getting the mastery point that i’m starting to really need right now.

Posted by: Angel.8742

Angel.8742

Ok, here is something I noticed earlier today while crafting Ley-Line Infused Tools for our guild hall treasury. It was showing I only had the ability to craft 1 tool yet I had a stack of picks in my bag for them. So I crafted that 1 pick and it used all 100 picks instead of 1 pick like the panel states. I know this may seem rather petty whereas picks are cheap but I still thought it as something that should be pointed out for this item when crafting it.

I made a video so you could see what was going on when I did this and I thought this might be a bug and figured I should submit this just in case.

https://youtu.be/98tnC2AMCgc

Attachments:

Posted by: PANIC ITS WILL.2748

PANIC ITS WILL.2748

HEARTS & MINDS ISSUES!!!
As of 1:47pm….

I’m still having issues with the Hearts & minds battle. If you have to restart the Mordremoth fight, the fight does not reset. During my first fight, I got to the point where you have to “take to the sky” then died. Upon trying the fight twice again, I discovered that:

1) Couldn’t find any wind/ air source in the usual spots.

2) The fight never reset itself. When the area becomes stormy and parts of the battle field collapse, they never returned during any subsequent retry. Instead, during any retry, Braham and the rifts were floating in midair (view the attached omg for proof). You could not reach them at all!!! This prevented me from continuing the fight!!!

I think it would be wise to make the Mordremoth battle a separate instance. After making it through two subsequent battles. It’d be nice to restart without having to restart the Chapter completely and fight two mini bosses, like I already have to each time I encounter a bug like this one.

Attachments:

Posted by: OptimusPrime.4102

OptimusPrime.4102

Hearts and Minds. Blighted Canach, invulnerable, and nothing would fix it…

Posted by: agenciq.8043

agenciq.8043

Purchasing Aetherium boosts for influence in Guild Halls still has no effect. After the booster was bought, Aetherium is still mined 1 per minute.

Would be nice if the problem was fixed because the last patch with the “fix” apparently didn’t do much.

Additionally, having an indicator somewhere that the boost is in effect would help a lot otherwise we just spend influence getting an affect of character leveling up and nothing happens. The only way to check if the boost is in effect is comparing the rate of mining with a stopwatch/timer in your hand which I find pretty ridiculous.

The problem seems to be fixed. But there is another one. I’m pretty sure majority who used the booster got refunded just as I did. But when I got an in game mail with 3x 1k influence boosts (3 items/buffs in ONE mail) upon clicking “Take All” only one booster started and the other two returned an information in the chat Influence conversion failed. Please try again. Well but we can’t try again because the items aren’t there anymore.

Anet, just please. please. Get it sorted out.

Agentka
Former TXS Alliance Leader,
now Northern Lights EU community Leader

Posted by: ChristianEx.6703

ChristianEx.6703

Is the mastery insight needed for the “Tangled Depths Insight: Decrepit Nest” achivement missing/bugged?

Seemingly all the other mastery insight locations counting towards the Mastery Insight achievements are showing on the map, but this one is not showing for me. And myself and other guildies have not been able to successfully locate it either regardless.

(edited by ChristianEx.6703)

Posted by: Puffershark.2489

Puffershark.2489

Hi! It’s been mentioned in this thread already, but something’s up with the Tempest’s specialization collection. When you fully unlock the elite spec, you’re given your fancy loop ‘n all, but it’s absent from the collection list. Instead, you’re asked for two mechanized warhorns. The description for the Tempest’s Warhorn is also incorrect.

Whoops!

Attachments:

Posted by: Kenzen.1632

Kenzen.1632

Hi excuse me. But on this achievs to get dusk one iten is bugged. Modniir Ulgoth is dropping Overloard’s Defeat on the world boss chest instead of Modniir’s Ruin. Please we need anet to fix this, everybody are getting very frustated about this, even me. So please fix it and ty anyway already for you attention.

Posted by: Feldspan.8732

Feldspan.8732

Hello I constantly get the message when I am participating in the heart of thorns events, that I am no longer participating in the said event due to inactivity !!

And this is even in spite of being in the thick of things, fighting or participating in the event.

Here is a screen shot .. I am right on the heels of the survivors !

Attachments:

Posted by: theroguesignal.1493

theroguesignal.1493

I got 100% map completion in Verdant Brink and was awarded a blue and a green. Did not receive the actual rewards.

Posted by: zerospectrum.4507

zerospectrum.4507

After I choose a character, I log in where I last left off and I instantly crash. Every single time.

Posted by: lucied.7526

lucied.7526

finished verdan brink with my engie did not get a reward chest, also sometimes the gyros stuck forever out and dont die also some of its pasives are broken in pve bugged i mean some passives dont activate at all

Tristana Bloody Arms (ARMS)

Posted by: FlareHeart.4360

FlareHeart.4360

Biggest issues are the crashing, and the lack of map rewards. I have Tyrian map completion and got no rewards for Verdant Brink. I am not finishing any other maps until they fix this. I hope the rewards for Verdant are given retroactively as there’s an item ONLY obtainable from completing that map specifically.

Posted by: MikeyEll.5019

MikeyEll.5019

Everyone with the bugs is hurting us who can’t stay logged in. Every other comment is about the crashes, which is obviously the most important problem in this thread

Posted by: Northwinds.3045

Northwinds.3045

My friend and I were unable to access the game for over an hour yesterday. the details …

On 10/28/2015 at around 6:30 PM PST after logging in I was at the load screen for Lion’s Arch for kittenual amount of time. A few minutes into my session I got a message in chat saying a new build was being install and my session would restart in an hour. However after just a few minutes I ported to the capital city in Asura, again long load times.

I finally got in but when I ported again after long load screen I would get a client disconnect error. This lasted for about 90 minutes. Finally got in. When I went to the new zone (from Brisban) the game was not very responsive. I would hit a command and my character would react about 2 seconds later making combat not possible.

After about 3 total hours I gave up.

Both my friend and I had a similar experience. He’s on the east coast (with a new high performance PC) I’m on the west coast. We even tried to guest on another server with no better result.

Worst part was there was no communication from Arena Net that I could find.

Posted by: peterpat.8196

peterpat.8196

I was playing with a friend through the story, but when we arrived at "Sign Cutting"- I found the first trail, clicked it and continued. Sadly he was not able to continue. "Follow Rox’s trail" is marked as completed. There is no marker on the map whatsoever.
Reloging, changing the story, reloging, again did nothing. neither when it occurred 2 days ago, nor today.

Attachments:

Posted by: coque.3750

coque.3750

My game crashes after being in Verdant Brink for about 15 minutes or so. Playing pvp just fine and even halloween events. I’m playing on the lowest settings already (Best Performance). Crash report attached. I have repaired the game client 3 times and I even turned off my computers startup services except core services and restarted. Maybe I need to upgrade some of my hardware idk.

Posted by: FlareHeart.4360

FlareHeart.4360

My friend and I were unable to access the game for over an hour yesterday. the details …

On 10/28/2015 at around 6:30 PM PST after logging in I was at the load screen for Lion’s Arch for kittenual amount of time. A few minutes into my session I got a message in chat saying a new build was being install and my session would restart in an hour. However after just a few minutes I ported to the capital city in Asura, again long load times.

I finally got in but when I ported again after long load screen I would get a client disconnect error. This lasted for about 90 minutes. Finally got in. When I went to the new zone (from Brisban) the game was not very responsive. I would hit a command and my character would react about 2 seconds later making combat not possible.

After about 3 total hours I gave up.

Both my friend and I had a similar experience. He’s on the east coast (with a new high performance PC) I’m on the west coast. We even tried to guest on another server with no better result.

Worst part was there was no communication from Arena Net that I could find.

There was a major server issue last night and they had to do some major offline maintenance. That particular issue should be resolved now.

Posted by: Cyco.9106

Cyco.9106

Completed Verdant Brink 100% and no reward. I really need the Necromancer Cache for completion I hope it gets fixed soon :/

Posted by: mudvayne.9716

mudvayne.9716

I’m Still getting this code=1083:5:7:1595:101

Posted by: rubyhatchet.9483

rubyhatchet.9483

Having the same problem that user peterpat reports.

I was playing with a friend through the story, but when we arrived at “Sign Cutting”- I found the first trail, clicked it and continued. Sadly he was not able to continue. “Follow Rox’s trail” is marked as completed. There is no marker on the map whatsoever.
Reloging, changing the story, reloging, again did nothing. neither when it occurred 2 days ago, nor today.

I was in a party with a friend and reached the part of following Rox’s trail that led us through the zone transition into Dragon’s Stand. My friend saw the next objective in that map, but my story marker told me to go back to the previous zone. I tried to re-use the zone transition but couldn’t even load Tangled Depths; it kicked me back to Dragon’s Stand. Only waypointing in would let me load the previous zone. When the zone finally loaded, no objective marker appeared and all of the chapter’s objectives up to that point were grayed out (AKA completed). I tried relogging. I tried restarting the game entirely. No way to re-start the chapter, so now I’m unable to continue the story.

Posted by: Brujeria.7536

Brujeria.7536

We had a strange bug in Dragons Stand. We just cleared the 3 towers and went onto the final phase of this event, we did fight for like 3 minutes and then my entire party got a loading screen and we have been ported out of the map, into a different map, at the exact same spot :/ this was not a DC, it was a regular loading screen and my entire party got it. This is annoying as hell :/ The meta description on the top right also changed to a strange version..

Attachments:

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

The Itzal event where you collect wyvern eggs & bury them is not activating once all eggs are buried.