Issue Reports: Heart of Thorns [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Kraiz.6720

Kraiz.6720

Can you please stop closing maps prematurely. Several times i have been in dragons stand progressing nicely with events only to have the map closed. I try and start again on the new map and it gets closed half an hour later. It wouldn’t matter except you get forced out of the map in 1 hour and that’s not enough time to finish Dragons Stand. I have had this happen several times and it is incredibly frustrating going from an active progressing map to a fresh, or even worse, dead map. Thanks

Posted by: harry.1809

harry.1809

Sunrise I: The Experimental Daysword

Zephyrite Liberator still seems to be bugged. I’ve done this event and it still does not work.

Currently 4:47am server time. Will try again in a few and update post. (Guesting on different server, Guild mate suggestion)

Edit: Still did not work.

Attachments:

(edited by harry.1809)

Posted by: Dark Hedgehog.4018

Dark Hedgehog.4018

Verdant brink
Treacherous Path Waypoint > Hero Point
Did the event for the hero points multiple times. Does not get completion status. Therefore I can’t get 100% map completion reward on verdant brink. No worries just wanted to let you guys know.

Posted by: angryelf.2840

angryelf.2840

In Their Footsteps story is bugged. Scout Acan does not respond when interacting. Tried logging out and then back in. Played another character for a while and tried again with no luck. Unable to progress with story.

Posted by: Alethia.3597

Alethia.3597

We have Gilded Hollow and I have had sections of it bug out either reverting or seemingly advancing into a later restoration state.
As far as I know it isn’t happening to other guild members, but they may not be as familiar with the hall to notice.

I can’t tie it to upgrades, the only thing that seems likely is it being a really low population instance having issues. Originally an archway/tunnel was behind the claiming point in the hall, and the next time our mine had a cave in (with the NPCs inside).

Attachments:

Posted by: Natanya.2403

Natanya.2403

During our Guild’s missions today some of my guildies were not given their personal rewards after the mission succeeded.

We ran Devourer Burrow yesterday for the first time since HoT release. Another guild had activated it just before we started. Our guild members who interacted with the banner were given a prompt to go to another instance, which we all took. The new map still had another active Race which we were able to participate in and everyone got their personal rewards when it succeeded.

Today we activated the Race in the guild panel and went back to Devourer Burrow. Again there was another guild who were part way through. Thinking that we were going to be prompted to go to another instance of the map I had interacted with the banner, but there was no prompt. My guildies all participated and helped the rush succeed, but those who didn’t do the rush the day before didn’t get their personal rewards. Yet another guild activated the Race immediately afterward and those who didn’t get personal rewards ran through again, and again they got no reward when it succeeded.

After those attempts our guild moved onto our other Race mission, we activated it, and all of us who ran through it got our personal rewards when it succeeded. Today at least, it seems that guild members participating in missions cannot get rewards when another guild activates it.

Another question in relation to the Race, was the chest at the end removed or are they bugged?

Natanya – Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: iTee.4167

iTee.4167

I have no reward when I get 100% Auric Basin, is that the bug or just no reward?

Attachments:

Posted by: Bitoku Kishi.8346

Bitoku Kishi.8346

This was probably posted already, but the last patch caused a bug where Herald upkeep skills go off when they shouldn’t… especially when transitioning between different zone areas within a map. It’s very annoying.

Posted by: bladeofky.3067

bladeofky.3067

Ranger’s smokescale pet’s Takedown attack is currently unblockable.

Posted by: mrerice.4603

mrerice.4603

Keep getting a Network Error when I’m trying to load a character to the last map I was on. Internet is fine, I’m able to login to other online games.

Attachments:

Posted by: Leonsky.3156

Leonsky.3156

My personal story has been bugged ever since the first day of launch. I have submitted a ticket to support department regarding my personal story bug but the GM had told me to wait for the patch Request #1881530. The problem I encountered is that my main character’s personal story quest has been stuck on the Prologue “Gather at the rally point leading into the Maguuma Jungle” for a week now. I cannot see any Green Star Icon indicating where I’m suppose to go to which is supposed to be by the Amber Sandfall keep before you enter the starter area of Verdant Brink. I also tried quitting the story and restarting it but it doesn’t reset the progression so now I’m basically chasing after a task that doesn’t exist for my main character only.

Attachments:

(edited by Leonsky.3156)

Posted by: Alethia.3597

Alethia.3597

We are also in the boat that the rush was confusing with people being prompted to leave to a new instance when there was only one person in another map and it was half completed in the original.

We are also not gaining favor as we should. We gained no favor for the first 3 mission types we have completed for the week and have no opportunity now to get it for those this week.
We built the PvE mission slot and managed to gain favor on that only. We have one type yet to complete for the week.

Attachments:

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

No reward for 100% map completion, no reward for 100% Maguuma completion.

Invisible Mushroom Spore only goes to a single collection, not the rest of the Specialization weapon collections. I tried doing the Treasure Mushroom on an other character but that didn’t help.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

Posted by: Griz.4102

Griz.4102

I failed to receive a Mastery Point for completing HoT Chapter 10: Strange Observations. I believe I may not have gotten one for Chapter 9: The Predator’s Path either, but I’m not 100% certain.

Fenthir of Blackgate

(edited by Griz.4102)

Posted by: angel.2769

angel.2769

100% on Verdant brink, no reward on my necro. no great sword for me =(

Posted by: Amanzaman.1297

Amanzaman.1297

Ever since HoT started,game keeps crashing every 15 minutes or so.
At first,I thought it was cause of some damage to the dat file.Reinstalled the game.Nothing changed.
After reading your text about alleged win 32bit memory issues,did everything you wrote.
Still the same.Crashing,crashing,crashing.
My configuration exceeds the minimum you say that is required to play.
WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO GET THE GAME IN ORDER????

Posted by: yav.4952

yav.4952

Didn’t receive 100% map completion rewards for Verdant Brink or Auric Basin.

Delayed [LATE] – OCX

Posted by: Swampy.1359

Swampy.1359

Superior Rune of the Berserker

Not adding the 5% condition damage

Posted by: Zarenda Mal.1364

Zarenda Mal.1364

When attempting to donate exotic luck items in the guild hall, I started with a 250 stack plus a 1 in my inventory. When I double-clicked it, it transferred all of the luck and said it was putting in 33. I immediately closed the window. I then tried splitting it into 30’s. I managed to get 1 30 in, trying to add the second moved them all in and gave me 3. (total of 33 again…). So,, I added the 30 by itself, closed the vendor, and opened him again. I was able to add the 1, but adding any group of 30 made all my luck disappear on the left and showed 2. I tried again and attempted to add the 100, I got 3 and nothing on the left. Arggghhh!

Attachments:

Posted by: Dredrum.2563

Dredrum.2563

Let us know when we can play the game we payed for again. I had a number of serious crash errors that I would have to do system restores on reboot just to boot my comp back up, that I haven’t logged back in for a week. I just keep checking this thread to see when the crash problems have been resolved, which as I read everyday still hasn’t been solved even though every patch says they fixed client crash. How many are there to fix 1000’s?

Posted by: CarP.3401

CarP.3401

Loana is still bugged and I’m unable to proceed on the Collection achivement for precursor farm

Posted by: Crean.8713

Crean.8713

I logged in 5 minutes ago, just to find my Toymaker’s backpack had been replaced with this peculiar Plant-Pod backpack. Just visually, I am still wearing the Toymaker’s Back and if looking from the site, you can see it under the plant pod, as if it has eaten it.

Don’t get me wrong, I like the plant thing, especially for Sylvari travellers, but where does it come from, where does it go to and how do I obtain the actual item?

Attachments:

Posted by: Lenor.8197

Lenor.8197

A bug occured that prevents me from progressing the HoT story beyond “Predator’s Path”.

My client crashed during the dialogue with the last Taimi hologram, and now i can’t re-trigger it. The minimap pointer showing the way to the next story instance disappears while i’m in Auric Basin, while anywhere outside i’m pointed back to Auric.

Attached screenshot shows my character with the active “Predator’s Path” quest in Auric Basin without any minimap quest pointer.

Attachments:

Posted by: Dramagnet.3705

Dramagnet.3705

Since the last patch all my skill points have been reset to the original and I was refunded what I spent on the Elite Specializations. Now when I buy the Elite Specializations again, none of my characters are able to use their new weapon categories and I don’t receive the Exotic weapon.

Is this a known bug?

Posted by: Rydik.5814

Rydik.5814

Revenant mace 2 on uneven surfaces or because of something else not doing any damage and cant be blasted sometimes.

(edited by Rydik.5814)

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

Hearts and Minds: Defeat Mordremoth – Boss fight
Rift spawns off the platform and is unreachable.

Posted by: Underdark.3726

Underdark.3726

The Troll’s Revenge jumping puzzle in LA seems to be broken, as you cannot walk on the new decorated halloween lines at the start.

not only the lines but the tent that was above them is missing so you can’t take the alternate route either.

Attachments:

Posted by: Live.4365

Live.4365

I still haven’t received extra char slot

Posted by: Dejw.5164

Dejw.5164

I still haven’t received extra char slot

Yeah, that’s what I wanted to ask. If I buy the game after the expansion’s release, will I get the extra character slot (the core game was bought in 2012). I have a bad feeling I won’t get the extra slot, because it was tied to pre-purchase offer.

If that is the case, I feel that is very very unfair, since you should get the slot for having the core game. I pay both for the datadisk and for the core game, what do I get for already having the core game now?…

But maybe I am wrong and it’s just bugged.

Btw this regards my friend, I already prepurchased HoT and got the slot, sry for writing it in 1st person))

Posted by: Julissa.1476

Julissa.1476

cough-cough Well, if it’s not too much of a bother, I’m still missing map rewards from Southsun, The SW and DryTop. That’s all, thank you! backs away slowly

Posted by: Kylden Ar.3724

Kylden Ar.3724

Let us know when we can play the game we payed for again. I had a number of serious crash errors that I would have to do system restores on reboot just to boot my comp back up, that I haven’t logged back in for a week. I just keep checking this thread to see when the crash problems have been resolved, which as I read everyday still hasn’t been solved even though every patch says they fixed client crash. How many are there to fix 1000’s?

They really need to at least give a general type of client or server crash they are fixing in these patches.

Kylden
Leader of TACO mini-roamer guild, Kaineng.

Posted by: Vitaly.3418

Vitaly.3418

Quip Vol 3 has a few issues:
~Shady Hammon isn’t spawning. Waited for over 3 hours and nothing.
~Skritt Trickey item isn’t dropping from Skritt Burglar’s, I’ve killed over 10 (including the SW jp one to no avail)
~Black Powder can’t be bought from Thegren Topjaw in Plains of Ashford (screenshot below).

Attachments:

Posted by: Maxam.8957

Maxam.8957

The Guild Critical Harvesting buff has text describing that it increases the chances of a critical crafting event.

Attachments:

Posted by: Dagrin the Ethereal.8371

Dagrin the Ethereal.8371

I have 100% completion on Verdant Brink as well with no rewards chest. Also pretty sure I never received rewards for Dry Top or Silverwastes also.

I finished the map completion in Verdant brink as well and all i received was a green pair of leggings, a blue pair of boots, and 10 Aurillium. Take about a ridiculous underwhelming reward. I thought a Gift of the Fleet was supposed to drop!?!?!

Dagrin – Master of the downed state

Posted by: Kelper.9037

Kelper.9037

since installing HOT game is now unplayable I get dropped from game after just a short time is this a windows 10 problem or a game problem some help would be nice.

Posted by: Guido Sarducci.3906

Guido Sarducci.3906

I cannot re-start or complete the prologue to Heart of Thorns. I found this on reddit:

“ARENA NET] MatthewMedina.5419 posted on 2015-10-19 16:14:40 UTC:

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to pop on here and clarify something very specific, and very important, about the “Heart of Thorns” storyline. The first chapter titled “Prologue: Rally to Maguuma”, which some of you have played a beta version of in our previous BWE releases, is set in a public multi-player tutorial style map, very similar to the way that new players start in a multi-player tutorial map. It is NOT a private story instance.

As such, the rules for story steps in public maps apply, namely that even if you are in a party with your friends together in this map, EACH party member must complete the story step individually in order to receive credit toward unlocking the second chapter “Torn from the Sky”.

In short: if you want to party up to get into the “Heart of Thorns” storyline and enter the first story instance “Torn from the Sky” together, PLEASE make sure all party members have completed the “Prologue: Rally to Maguuma” story chapter first.

The game WILL allow you to enter the “Torn from the Sky” instance even if you have not completed the prologue step, but you will NOT earn progress on “Torn from the Sky” until you’ve completed that step, which may result in party members needing to re-do the prologue and “Torn from the Sky” a second time to get full credit.

We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this might cause, but hopefully if you all think of the starting prologue experience in terms of the starting tutorial maps, it will be clear.

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to seeing you all playing through the “Heart of Thorns” storyline and giving us your feedback here. See you in game soon! "

I messed up and do not mind restating the prologue. I do have access to the Verdant area, but no way to continue my personal story. When I tried to join another person who does have the quest, I was left behind and not allowed into the prologue instance. Any idea how I can continue ?

Any update as to a solution? If it cannot be fixed, I’d rather know so I can move on to something else.

Posted by: Wraith.7564

Wraith.7564

Verdant Brink Completion 100% but no rewards.

Posted by: Kortano.3519

Kortano.3519

Hello, i didnt get reward from completing map Dry Top, Verdant Brink etc…

Posted by: Fourtytwoish.4981

Fourtytwoish.4981

I didn’t get any Dry Top map completion reward – on one of two characters. The character I didn’t get a reward on (my thief) has Tyrian world completion and had everything but a single vista (maybe an added one?) in Dry Top.
The character that did get a reward (my ele) had unlocked ~60% of the map.

Posted by: Iellwen.3284

Iellwen.3284

I can’t stay connected to client. Is anyone else having this issue?

Posted by: BlackyWarsX.5384

BlackyWarsX.5384

Heart of Thorns: Act 4
Achievment “Untethered” won’t be rewarded, even if I wasn’t being hit by the vine whips.
Also, there was no indication-icon for all of the achievements in this instance.

Posted by: cosmos.9532

cosmos.9532

1 When guild mission(race) started, map changes pop up very well.
2 No rewards or No success for hard weekly( medium was race. we first cleared medium. hard was also race, and we can’t get any rewards. )
3 Someone don’t get a PvP accept or decline window.
4 When PvP for guild mission started, map changes pop up well.

Thief 80 Necromancer 80 [FTF]

Posted by: Vivien the Redfury.2351

Vivien the Redfury.2351

Hi, I’ve completed Verdant Brink, but I have no final chest. Here’s a screenshot. Thank you in advance.

Attachments:

[Fenix Team] ~ Gandara

Posted by: cawtx.2016

cawtx.2016

The waypoints in Dragon Stand are always contested making them useless.

Posted by: Brit.9726

Brit.9726

Hi, I’ve completed Verdant Brink, but I have no final chest. Here’s a screenshot. Thank you in advance.

It’s bugged for 100% World Complete characters atm – I have that too. Just sent a Support Ticket.

Chrono B R I T – Mesmer
Furious Cookies [FURY]http://www.furious-gamers.org/
Desolation EU

Posted by: shava.3502

shava.3502

So, I’ve been running my druid for days, and have her trained up to the point where she only requires the last two skills in training — so she was set up in her spec to everything but the last tick of her specialization.

Then I went to the PVP lobby, and was a kitten and didn’t think about the fact that I would have to respec for PVP and found myself with a staff in inventory, and thought, ok, no problem, my mistake. And it was late, and I was frustrated, and died a lot, and I logged out in the PVP lobby.

This morning, I log back in, and I’m still in the PVP lobby. I bop back to LA, go to kill the Wurm in Caledon, and I can’t arm my staff. Nothing is working right. I change my specialization to another specialization thinking, maybe if I refresh it back to druid, I will be able to re-arm my staff? (but Druid wasn’t showing as an option on my Build screen, so I was wondering wtf?)

Well, I am still showing as trained in everything. But as soon as I took away my specialization from my Build screen, my utility skills from Druid disappeared, Druid still wasn’t available as an option on my Build screen and I was down to 5 possibly specializations, despite being trained in six.

And yes, my paper doll now says Ranger again. Despite training through Glyph of Equality.

Completely exited client to check that too, so it’s not that. Deleted cache directories. No go. Noticed that although I had recently learned scribe, and it had asked me if I wanted to unlearn huntsman, on my login screen I am listed as Leather/Huntsman/Scribe. I am…worried.

I am concerned that my character record for my main has become corrupted.

DEEP SIGH.

Druid is interesting, I’m not sure it’s where I live all the time — it’s much more interesting for fractals and dungeons, and group PVE in the new zones — all of which is very useful. This is to say, I’d rather use it against AI, because it’s pretty fragile against smart players, and it’s not so hot for soloing since the damage output is pretty sad.

But now I’m finding of course that I am going to miss it if I can’t have it, so help?

Horione, Druid and Scribe of [LIFE], Yak’s Bend

Posted by: shava.3502

shava.3502

So, I’ve been running my druid for days, and have her trained up to the point where she only requires the last two skills in training — so she was set up in her spec to everything but the last tick of her specialization.

Then I went to the PVP lobby, and was a kitten and didn’t think about the fact that I would have to respec for PVP and found myself with a staff in inventory, and thought, ok, no problem, my mistake. And it was late, and I was frustrated, and died a lot, and I logged out in the PVP lobby.

This morning, I log back in, and I’m still in the PVP lobby. I bop back to LA, go to kill the Wurm in Caledon, and I can’t arm my staff. Nothing is working right. I change my specialization to another specialization thinking, maybe if I refresh it back to druid, I will be able to re-arm my staff? (but Druid wasn’t showing as an option on my Build screen, so I was wondering wtf?)

Well, I am still showing as trained in everything. But as soon as I took away my specialization from my Build screen, my utility skills from Druid disappeared, Druid still wasn’t available as an option on my Build screen and I was down to 5 possibly specializations, despite being trained in six.

And yes, my paper doll now says Ranger again. Despite training through Glyph of Equality.

Completely exited client to check that too, so it’s not that. Deleted cache directories. No go. Noticed that although I had recently learned scribe, and it had asked me if I wanted to unlearn huntsman, on my login screen I am listed as Leather/Huntsman/Scribe. I am…worried.

I am concerned that my character record for my main has become corrupted.

DEEP SIGH.

Druid is interesting, I’m not sure it’s where I live all the time — it’s much more interesting for fractals and dungeons, and group PVE in the new zones — all of which is very useful. This is to say, I’d rather use it against AI, because it’s pretty fragile against smart players, and it’s not so hot for soloing since the damage output is pretty sad.

But now I’m finding of course that I am going to miss it if I can’t have it, so help?

Horione, Druid and Scribe of [LIFE], Yak’s Bend

Partly solved, in that equping the trait line in the third place allows me to equip Druid (this is broken UI design, IMO, but whatever — a guildie helped me out). However, I still have three crafts showing on my character, which is a bug, and traiting was hella confusing so I’m going to leave this here.

Horione

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

There is a bug with the timer that shows berserkers their remaining berserk time.

While in pve, activating berserk mode puts a 15s timer on its button to let you know the time remaining. If you use smash brawler to reduce berserk’s cooldown by 35% it also reduces the cooldown used for this timer, meaning it finishes in 10s while you still have 5s of berserk remaining that you have to guess about.

In the pvp lobby, the berserk button just goes blank for me while it’s active regardless of if I’m using smash brawler or not.

Posted by: Getodacul.9634

Getodacul.9634

Client keeps crashing all the time. A couple of minutes ago i went to Southsun to kill Karka quenn for achievement and lining item required for my revenant and game crashed in the middle of the fight,same in Auric Basin at Octovines and pretty much everywhere i go.I almost never had these problems before the launch of HoT but since then it is harder and harder for me to keep playing even if i absolutely love the expansion.Please fix game crashes as soon as possible; which you probably are working at.

Posted by: Kylden Ar.3724

Kylden Ar.3724

Client keeps crashing all the time. A couple of minutes ago i went to Southsun to kill Karka quenn for achievement and lining item required for my revenant and game crashed in the middle of the fight,same in Auric Basin at Octovines and pretty much everywhere i go.I almost never had these problems before the launch of HoT but since then it is harder and harder for me to keep playing even if i absolutely love the expansion.Please fix game crashes as soon as possible; which you probably are working at.

There is a lot of OOM crashes, on both 32-bit and 64-bit systems. Most are with NVIDA cards, but we are seeing posted a few others scattered here. You can go thru the pages and see them all. We have been told they are ‘aware’ and working on it, but no one has said anything on if and when it will be fixed.

If you can avoid people it usually lasts longer before the crash, but I just tested this morning being idle in a quiet corner of the Basin, and I still crashed after 1 hr, 44 minutes.

Kylden
Leader of TACO mini-roamer guild, Kaineng.