Issue Reports: Heart of Thorns [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: eleutheria.5396

eleutheria.5396

I’m having a problem where I intermittently lose control of my camera, when I’m using my left mouse button to control it. At first I thought it was my mouse failing on me, but someone else told me he was having the same problem since HoT.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

Mastery Point Achivement “Verdant Brink Insight: Holdfast Hollow” is WRONG.

There is no mastery point around the POI Holdfast Hollow.

The mastery point that helped me cleared the achviement is actually in the canopy just North of Pact Encampment.

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Posted by: ginganinja.6752

ginganinja.6752

Treacherous Path Hero Point bugged. I got the hreo points but the map marker and total are not updating making map completion not possible

Posted by: DrMORO.4627

DrMORO.4627

Reaper Greatsword, becomes ‘Unequipped’ after jumping from WP to WP, back in my Inventory, and leaving one of the Weapon slots empty. Really weird…
This only happens when traveling in the non-HoT world WPs, I think, as it never happened in the HoT area. Not sure if this is a HoT bug, but definitely has been newly introduced with the HoT Expansion, with the Reaper Elite Profession has been added to the Necromancer.
I did report this using the in-game Bug Reporter, attached with screenshot.
Hoping for a HoT (overused pun… :P) fix.

Okay, I think I’ve self-solved this issue.
But, before saying anything, I’d like to ask a question:
Is the Reaper Greatsword NOT averrable in WvW?

Well, I just noticed that my Reapers’s Greatsword was again ‘Unequipped’ & lying in my Inventory now. This was just after I have clicked the WvW & entered the area, to jump quickly get back to Lion’s Arch.

Could this be the very reason my Reaper Greatsword becomes ‘Unequipped’?

Posted by: skeeman.3140

skeeman.3140

Might not be a bug, but…

Protip: If you get a message that new build is coming in ten minutes, don’t do your guild
hall claiming mission! It won’t count and you’ll have to do it all over again.

Posted by: shadowfanatik.5160

shadowfanatik.5160

the item " heart of a destroyer" from the rogort 1: the experimental torch collection doesn’t appear to be capable of dropping. that or it has a ridiculously low drop rate

Raak Bloodmaw

Posted by: PandaFace.1237

PandaFace.1237

the tempest skill tree for elementalists that unlocks warhorns.. i unlocked warhorns, got the tempest skinned warhorn but.. still cant equip them.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Daredevil Skill Animation Bug :

Impact Strike’s Finishing blow has an animation that shows the ground being destroyed with rocks raising from it but the animation often never happens and just shows a clear bubble appear around area for a second and vanish. The ground breaking looks cool when it happens so it’d be nice if it was fixed.

Attachments:

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

I am not sure if this is working as intended or is a bug… or you just do not care. Regardless, it looks bad.

When folks in a party have different ranks of pact commander, the speed boost is applied multiple times (not sure if the effect is, but the icon for sure).

I took a screenshot just to show I have rank two and my friend has rank one. Both buffs show up at once.

Attachments:

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

Posted by: Darkly.8926

Darkly.8926

So I was just in a Chak Gerent server where we managed to get to the third stage in the Nuhoch Lane. We stomped the nodules that appeared quickly and got up to half the progress bar and then… Nothing. They didnt respawn at all, even the ones that we stomped right at the beginning. I think the third stage may be bugged for that lane because the other nodules spawned fairly quickly. Ill be testing this out the next time I reach the third stage and Id ask that anyone else that manages to make it that far watches out as well

(edited by Darkly.8926)

Posted by: Ravenscroft.3041

Ravenscroft.3041

I too have completed the hero challenge at treacherous path waypoint at least 12 times and either have not been awarded credit, or have not had my map updated to reflect that it is completed.

Posted by: GuuAlt.8349

GuuAlt.8349

Client Crashing after every Dragons Stand Meta event. Each time Mordremoth is killed, client crashes within 1-3minutes, not giving me any time to explore the map to collect Noxious Pods or anything else.

I literally cannot complete the the entire event chain without crashing at the very end, usually right when opening the main loot chest, or right before.

Posted by: Kai.7185

Kai.7185

In the Rata Novan quest chain at Tangled Depth, after protecting Zildi in step 2, people got gold medal but did not get credit for step 2. Instead they got credit for step 3.

Posted by: Asuna.5718

Asuna.5718

Can’t log in and not one response email from support. Is that crash report email with the details just something you placed to make people think you are trying to help out? If you don’t reply in support emails what’s to make anyone believe you are reading or will respond in the forums?

Posted by: Kylden Ar.3724

Kylden Ar.3724

Reaper Greatsword, becomes ‘Unequipped’ after jumping from WP to WP, back in my Inventory, and leaving one of the Weapon slots empty. Really weird…
This only happens when traveling in the non-HoT world WPs, I think, as it never happened in the HoT area. Not sure if this is a HoT bug, but definitely has been newly introduced with the HoT Expansion, with the Reaper Elite Profession has been added to the Necromancer.
I did report this using the in-game Bug Reporter, attached with screenshot.
Hoping for a HoT (overused pun… :P) fix.

Okay, I think I’ve self-solved this issue.
But, before saying anything, I’d like to ask a question:
Is the Reaper Greatsword NOT averrable in WvW?

Well, I just noticed that my Reapers’s Greatsword was again ‘Unequipped’ & lying in my Inventory now. This was just after I have clicked the WvW & entered the area, to jump quickly get back to Lion’s Arch.

Could this be the very reason my Reaper Greatsword becomes ‘Unequipped’?

Yes. WvW build is now different from PvE, so if you have not equipped elite spec in WvW the weapon hits inventory.

I shudder to think if they didn’t account for full bags in this kind of case and going to WvW makes you lose your weapon… I have made a suggestion that weather or not you equip the spec, having it unlocked lets you equip the weapon, but no real response on that.

As for the ongoing OOM crashes, I don’t know if it was last patch, or the fact that I was mostly in personal instances, but new record up-time of 1 hr, 25 minutes. I also reset the field of view to original default settings.

Report sent in and attached.

Kylden
Leader of TACO mini-roamer guild, Kaineng.

(edited by Kylden Ar.3724)

Posted by: Eternal Is Sektor.9034

Eternal Is Sektor.9034

A week since launch and still cannot re-enter the prologue: rally to magumma and cannot start the HoT story. Any info from devs would be appreciated.

Posted by: Irishman.6534

Irishman.6534

I want to get my tempest spec maxed out but I don’t have enough skill points. I also have no way to earn them?! I have 100% map completion and maxed my character to 80. What am I missing???

Posted by: Tess.4876

Tess.4876

I just got 100% map completion for Verdant Brink and received no reward.

Posted by: lordquibble.1672

lordquibble.1672

I know it has been said already, but I’m just adding my report to the pile. I just got 100% map completion in Verdant Brink and did not receive a map completion bonus chest.

Posted by: Lim.1752

Lim.1752

every time log in.. and 1 minute later the game crash. windows 7 geforce gtx 970.
redownload 8 times repairing 10 times, upgrade vga but result still same. before Heart of Thorns all fine.

Posted by: Katiekaboom.1980

Katiekaboom.1980

every time log in.. and 1 minute later the game crash. windows 7

Same here .. getting Code=7:11:3:191:101 errors.

Is HOT up to your expectations or geared toward one type of player?
HOT is NOT for the Casual (My Sentiments exactly)

Posted by: TheBrokeNZ.8721

TheBrokeNZ.8721

I constantly crash since HoT’s release. Just was at Dragons Domain at Dragon’s Stand battling the last boss, the dragon with a giant zerg until my client spontaneously crashed. That’s a two hour long rare event that gets that far, thrown right out of the window. This happens several times a day and it’s becoming a norm. This is shocking since i can’t remember ever crashing before HoT got released. I jump into WvW and i crash within 20 minutes. 20 minutes! My passion was WvW and now i can’t even do that.

This does not happen to me alone. I know this is not a problem limited to a few minority and with different gaming computers at my disposal all updated etc they still all crash/dc. A month ago i didn’t have this problem. Constantly i see in chat people type in rage because they just got dc’d or crashed during a big boss event and has no means of getting back to that event. Heck I’m one of them! Since release all i wanted was to tame those two pets after you defeat the boss at Dragons Domain. It’s like I’m an abused wife that keeps trying to give this game a second chance and as i crash this game comes home drunk and beats me. Yet i log back in and give it another chance.

Posted by: EdDeisel.3591

EdDeisel.3591

Issue with correct condition duration being applied by items.

In the screen shot my condition duration is 17.33% only counting the Expertise bonus provided by each item . Whats not showing up is the +10% condition duration from each of the Exquisite black diamond jewels socketed in each item. When I hover my house over the duration it shows my bleeds are at 70.33% and burning at 37.33%. I have 20% sigil on weapon and 33% bleed from trait. My burning receives 20% from berseker line. The point is the +50% total duration I should have from jewels socketed is not displayed or reflected on character stat sheet.

Attachments:

Posted by: Scandal.3819

Scandal.3819

Not a bug, precisely, but something I’m hoping Anet will reconsider. I’ve been working on the Vigil backpack, and purchased my pact rations on a character who is in the Priory. The rations are soulbound, and I don’t intend on completing the Priory backpack for a good while. Please consider making these items accountbound, or allowing the Vigil vendors to exchange that one item with a character of any order!

Posted by: DrAntagonist.8623

DrAntagonist.8623

I assume these aren’t on purpose, but they might be. These are all Engineer related.

The gyros are incredibly stupid and bad at their job. The medic gyro and sneak gyro are bad at following you, stop frequently, and will be indecisive about who to go to, resulting in rarely getting health or stealth unless you’re completely stationary.
The bomb gyro is very bad at tracking moving targets and hardly ever gets to them in pvp.
The function gyro usually doesn’t finish people. I’ll watch it hover near them doing nothing until they bleed out.

Also, the hammer’s rocket charge will oftentimes send you off away from enemies unless you’re facing them when you use it.

Posted by: WantedMan.4076

WantedMan.4076

Autoloot in WvW is not working. It is a BUG not a “feature” that you should be looking in adding. it should have been in the release from day one.

Messin Around 80 Mesmer
Avanise 80 Ranger
Devona’s Rest RED Guild

Posted by: Ivy.8702

Ivy.8702

I logged in today after a few days of being offline and found this glitch where a wall is blocking me from entering the mine in my guild hall. Some of my guild members are able to enter and don’t see the wall and some do and are not able to enter. Relogging and entering hasn’t fixed it.

Attachments:

Posted by: Molten.3249

Molten.3249

Here are the things that I’ve noticed while playing:

MANY bugged out story achievements – and while we’re on the subject… racial achievements? Really? That is EXTREMELY poor design, and forces a lot of players to create a new character and level them up to 80 just to get a story achievement.

Map completion in maguuma does not work properly. I can’t even get my thief cache because of this. So much for that ascended staff.

Crazy amounts of disconnects, it seems like it mostly happens during metas.

I want to play, I really do, I’ve loved the game since beta, but I just can’t until you guys fix these issues and the other issues mentioned by other players.

Posted by: GummyBearSummoner.7941

GummyBearSummoner.7941

the hero point by/next to Treacherous Path waypoint is bugged for me. for some reason it doesn’t give me any credit for killing the champ. its the only hero point I need to complete VB map. its been my 4th time trying to get it but no luck. a few others are having the problem too

Posted by: Triss.3801

Triss.3801

The Personal Story instance" Prisoners of the Dragon" has bugged achievements such that when the achievement events don’t trigger. the notification does not spawn for the the trail achievement and the downed body of belgrath does not spawn for the smith achievement.

“If you hear my arrow whistle, it’s too late.”

Posted by: gad.7365

gad.7365

I got many crashes, I could even write a rules.
One while doing pre-events Tarir, always one while meta events Tarir.
At Dragon Stand when 3 comms are killed. And random at new maps.
Suprisly I dont get it on old maps.

During meta Tarir I got this crash always ( file er1.txt)
In other cases I always got (file er2.txt)

I agree with people, who says, that until you repair those crashes we should be able to join servers we were in 1 minute.

Attachments:

Posted by: jonnoy.1748

jonnoy.1748

I’m having a problem where I intermittently lose control of my camera, when I’m using my left mouse button to control it. At first I thought it was my mouse failing on me, but someone else told me he was having the same problem since HoT.

Is anyone else having this issue?

I’ve been having this issue a lot since HoT as well. I almost constantly hold down the right mouse button when I’m playing, but every few minutes or so it will act as though the mouse button has been released, no longer controlling the camera and instead displaying the cursor flying across the screen. I think it’s often when I’m holding down several keys as well (W, Ctrl, and Alt), but I haven’t been able to find any consistent, reproducible combination.

EDIT: It definitely occurs when I’m not holding any other buttons too.

(edited by jonnoy.1748)

Posted by: Chris.4670

Chris.4670

The last effect of the new Rune of Berserker doesn’t work (+5% Damage and +5% Condition Damage). Tested it mainly with condition damage, don’t know about the normal damage boost.

Posted by: Leohart.4610

Leohart.4610

Dragon Stand final mordremoth kill cutscene won’t play. Are you serious? People are complaining about crashing and kitten, but I get the most random kittening bullkitten. THE CUTSCENE WON’T PLAY. It is just a dark screen. kittening bullkitten. Really? Of all the people, I happen to run into the most random crap.

Thanks for your time.

Posted by: Spinex.3695

Spinex.3695

Heart of Thorns Story 6 &7 the friendly AI is terrible. Not sure how it has got so bad but it no longer fights and does not help to res. SO basically I have a team that stand around doing nothing, perhaps they are all still super sad of the Nords death.

But this is really making missions harder in a bad way, even GW1 AI was better to some extents, it seems a step back now.

Posted by: tasslehoff.5708

tasslehoff.5708

Ever since HoT arrived I’ve had constant crashes, that don’t seem to have any common thread between them. Sometimes I’ll be doing the wyvern boss in Verdant Brink and crash, get kicked out and lose all progress, or I’ll just be standing in LA or somewhere else doing nothing and crash the same way.

I have a win 7, 64bit system so it can’t be that, I’ve seen mentioned on a few threads. My graphics card is GTX 760.

I’ve also had the blue-green texture non loading/corruption some people have mentioned and put up screens of.

Hopefully all this gets sorted out soon because it’s making the expansion unplayable for me.

Posted by: jwaz.1908

jwaz.1908

Minor qualm, but Asuran and possibly all races versions of scrapper 2 and 3 abilities are missing The Juggernaut’s spill & splash of quicksilver effect.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Nemata Sapshield – Dragonhunter
Lillian Estre – Tempest

Posted by: Master Yoda.5478

Master Yoda.5478

After completing 100% maps Verdant Brink I have not received “Gift of the Fleet” I do not know whether this issue affects only me?

Posted by: DecentZero.1790

DecentZero.1790

Ever since HoT arrived I’ve had constant crashes, that don’t seem to have any common thread between them. Sometimes I’ll be doing the wyvern boss in Verdant Brink and crash, get kicked out and lose all progress, or I’ll just be standing in LA or somewhere else doing nothing and crash the same way.

I have a win 7, 64bit system so it can’t be that, I’ve seen mentioned on a few threads. My graphics card is GTX 760.

I’ve also had the blue-green texture non loading/corruption some people have mentioned and put up screens of.

Hopefully all this gets sorted out soon because it’s making the expansion unplayable for me.

I have this same problem, the game doesn’t seem to crash any known reason, sometimes it wont crash for an hour or so, others every 10 mins (when im doing the exact same thing).

I have run the repair, tried running the game with nothing else open, changed the graphic settting to lowest, nothing seems to make any difference

Posted by: MayaMinamoto.6108

MayaMinamoto.6108

No reward for Southsun Cove, Dry Top or Silverwastes – neither on my toons who completed these maps before HoT release nor on those who completed them after HoT.

Posted by: waimser.7298

waimser.7298

Vault, not leaping full distance.

The actual distance my character travels when casting vault falls far short of the indicator.

Details
After a certain distance, it doesnt matter where the skill is targeted, my character looks like it hits an invisible wall in mid air, then either drops straight down or bounces back a little before landing.

The actual distance traveled seems to vary a small amount, but as a general rule, when casting the skill at max range, the distance traveled will be just short of the close edge of the indicator circle. On the occasions where the animation looks like it bounces back a little, the distance traveled will be slightly less again.

After watching streams of players using the skill, it seems inconsistent for them too, but they travel the full range almost every time, while my thief has not yet traveled the full range even once.

The name of the character having trouble is “Nhatek”.

Thank you for taking the time to look into this problem. I love using staff and you did such a great job with all the skills and animations, its just a shame that Im having this trouble since its a little restricting when using staff in PvP. I still use it though, cause I love it

Thanks, keep up the great work.

Posted by: GummyBearSummoner.7941

GummyBearSummoner.7941

another bug ive found is an ap bug. apparently for the last story of Act 1 I cant seem to interact with the paper that leads to the nest. there isn’t any paper trail to follow. secondly, I cant rez any of the NPCS because there aren’t any NPCS to rez.

Posted by: Anxem.4067

Anxem.4067

Coztic Itzel Belongings Hero Point Bugged, Challenger completed, icon on item show as completed, but not the one on map. Killed the frog a lot of time, but I cannot complete the map for that.

Posted by: AlbertoUlkesh.4517

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

I’ve reached the final boss battle and for the last several hours tried to get through it.

I’m finally convinced this is in fact buggy… For the AOE-attack most of the time the glider doesn’t open.

I’ve managed to get it to do that twice and then in the next stage a rift is off the cliff. I can’t get to it. Gliding goes through it, can’t get an updraft.

I’ve just watched a youtube video and see gliding all over. Doesn’t happen for me.

Very frustrating unfortunately.

EDIT: I just tried again. This time it worked flawlessly. Gliding was no problem. No rifts off the cliff. I was able to end the story. No clue, what might trigger the bugs.

(edited by AlbertoUlkesh.4517)

Posted by: kithiara of Ascalon.1563

kithiara of Ascalon.1563

Reaper of Grenth not working anymore in my Necro

Posted by: Zaraki.5784

Zaraki.5784

i recently completed the map Verdant Brink and got no reward i tried visiting the last point of interest for completing it and i tried logging off and going back to the map and still no reward

Same thing happened to me yesterday -.-

Posted by: anasantos.1263

anasantos.1263

Hey guys, I have one Hero Point missin in Verdant Brink, the Pact Airship Wreckage. On the world map it says Im missing that one but when I get there it says I already have it.
It seems Im not the only one with this problem since Ive seen people complaining about in in m-chat.

Attachments:

Posted by: Zaraki.5784

Zaraki.5784

i recently completed the map Verdant Brink and got no reward i tried visiting the last point of interest for completing it and i tried logging off and going back to the map and still no reward

Posted by: whitz.7246

whitz.7246

The hero Point to the right of Treacherous WP won’t register as done after I have done it over and over.

Posted by: ValKarye.3612

ValKarye.3612

Grace of the Land says it will stack for 3% damage and 3% condition damage in the Hero Panel. When used in world it only stacks for 2%.