Issue Reports: Heart of Thorns [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

Constant disconnects at world bosses and in WvW. Been working with support but this issue did not start until the release of HoT. A lot of people have been having connectivity issues since the launch.

From what I’ve been reading , support doesn’t have any idea why the game is crashing, even the dev’s seem to be in analysis mode with no real idea of why people keep crashing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3r3rul/can_we_please_get_a_dev_to_acknowledge_that_this/

I just crashed again today near the end of mordremoth while in a crash party. I logged back in to a different map instance and couldn’t rejoin my grp because of course map was full. No rewards again.

Posted by: notorious bob.2061

notorious bob.2061

Thanks Anet an entire map dc after killing the dragon and nothing to show for a couple of hours work. Grind is bad, bugged grind and a crash after we invest our time straight out sucks!!!

Posted by: Redalgo.1603

Redalgo.1603

I am experiencing precisely the same problem as Elunarie.9283 with my norn ranger. The Pact Airship Wreckage hero point displays as needing to be communed with to gain 10 points and progress from 98% to 100% map completion in Verdant Brink but when I arrive at the site of said hero point it displays as already communed with through the text that appears when I try try to interact with it. Changing maps and restarting the game are of no assistance. Submitted an assistance ticket before posting here – did not realize anyone else was having the same issue!

(edited by Redalgo.1603)

Posted by: Vuudoo.1094

Vuudoo.1094

Im still experiencing constant crashing after the HOT release, It has become less frequent but frequent enough it’s still irritating me. especially when I get kicked out and can’t return to the event I was in. I’ve sent your little bug report each time. I’ve tried all the little tips and tweaks you’ve asked including a re-install of the whole game. I enjoyed playing this game so please fix this so I can go back to enjoying it.

Thanks

Posted by: Kestin.2368

Kestin.2368

In the story quest “Bitter Harvest”, the achievements “Line of Fire” and “Untethered” are bugged. I’ve tried multiple times (after completing it once as just the story, on the same character), and I was able to get the one for jumping from the top of the helix, but those two repeatedly elude me. And apparently I’m the only one with this issue, as googling it returns nothing. :/

Lore fanatic, achievement hound, map completionist, PvEer, filthy casual.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

In the story quest “Bitter Harvest”, the achievements “Line of Fire” and “Untethered” are bugged. I’ve tried multiple times (after completing it once as just the story, on the same character), and I was able to get the one for jumping from the top of the helix, but those two repeatedly elude me. And apparently I’m the only one with this issue, as googling it returns nothing. :/

I can confirm Untethered being bugged. I’ve run through that part twice without being remotely touched by the vines, no credit. (almost wonder if it’s like the avoid traps bug.)

I can also confirm a psuedo-bug with Line of Fire (doesnt show on UI) still can be achieved though.

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

“Guild Hall Music: Heart of Thorns themes” upgrade disappeared.

Posted by: Leara.1204

Leara.1204

Dunno if this has already reported but writing here anyway.
The specialization collection for Tempest, the North Wind, has an item that appears twice with different requirements to get, one of those is to completely unlock the Tempest specialization (which I already did), but since once you do it you get Tempest loop as item I think the item showed in collection is wrong and it also blocks collection progress. I haven’t triedto get the Machined warhorn though, maybe that would cause both slots to be unlocked (?).

Attachments:

Posted by: Kestin.2368

Kestin.2368

I can confirm Untethered being bugged. I’ve run through that part twice without being remotely touched by the vines, no credit. (almost wonder if it’s like the avoid traps bug.)

I can also confirm a psuedo-bug with Line of Fire (doesnt show on UI) still can be achieved though.

Really? Is there a hidden sniper or something? I kill all the enemies I can get to* and no achievement happens. Do I have to not die?

*Which means everything except those two sharpshooters on that one ledge, though I did kill one once thanks to ranger longbow 5, and it just respawned, so I figure those don’t count.

Lore fanatic, achievement hound, map completionist, PvEer, filthy casual.

Posted by: darreljnz.8951

darreljnz.8951

I have been experiencing client crashes sine HoT launch. Before HoT I’d get a client crash maybe once a month or once a fortnight. Since HoT it is usually twice a night. Typically it is in LA or in the new HoT maps. In LA it is often seconds or minutes into the map. In HoT it is usually half an hour to an hour in. Twice it has been in Verdant Brink on a tier 4 reward with 200% participation seconds before the final reward. This is really frustrating and I’m going to give up playing for a while until it’s fixed – which is a shame because I’m loving the content – I just can;t play it. I’ll monitor this thread to see if it gets fixed.

I’ve changed no hardware, windows config or any other settings. I’m on Windows 7 64 bit 8G RAM and an nvidia geforce GTX 560 Ti graphics card. I’ve been uploading most of my crashes but after what must be the 8th or 9th in a few days I’ve given up.

Have tried running on lower graphis settings in case it is graphics related but still getting crashes.

Please help! Loyal player since GW2 launch, love the game but can no longer play due to this defect.

Posted by: Bosco.2680

Bosco.2680

1. Constant crashes during large events, namely Octovine and Mouth of Mordremoth. You put a two hour event into an unstable expansion, and when you crash (and you will), there’s no way to get back in. You miss out on loot and two hours of work.

2. Missing world completion rewards. You put these pretty neat new maps in, make them difficult to explore (in a good way) and then don’t reward players when they go through the trouble to 100% them.

3. Verdant Brink hero point still bugged. I go there daily, hoping it’d be fixed. But then I remind myself: what’s the point? It’s not like I get anything for completing the map.

Add to these three your inability to communicate yourselves out of a paper bag and we’ve got one of the worst expansion launches in memory. And then, with a straight face, you pretend it’s all right.

You don’t deserve my money. You deserve a host of debilitating diseases.

Posted by: RforL.1974

RforL.1974

As a veteran player of the game I thought those playing the game before HoT was announced were promised an extra character slot. Where is mine or am I wrong?

Posted by: MTF.1284

MTF.1284

When you feel like adding a post to this thread I’d suggest everyone here to do some testing what possibly is causing the issue(s) if possible, that information could be very helpful for the developers.

I got all the act 4 story achievements now, seen several people here saying that “Untethered” achievement is bugging and it is and it’s not at the same time.

First time I did it, I didn’t get hit by vines, and didn’t get the achievement. I thought as I was playing on ranger I should try it without letting my pet get hit either, and guess what.. It worked!

I’m pretty sure ANY minion you can create (elemental, clone, pet, minion) fails the achievement if it gets hit (only tested with ranger), NPC’s can get hit without failing the achievement.

Also “Line of Fire” seems to be working just fine, you really DO have to kill the snipers on the ledge to achieve the achievement, who would had thought right? I personally just glided there, no problems whatsoever.

Hope this helps!

Posted by: Viridianna.9347

Viridianna.9347

For whatever reason Anet hasn’t come up with a way to instantly get back into the same instance you d/c’d from, so ofc everyone who d/c’s gets royally screwed. Blah blah blah everyone and their mom has d/c issues I know. No one is going to look back on this release with fond memories, only irritation and a realization that maybe it’s time to try a new MMO. Rewards have perma sucked since launch. What is the point of “The JOURNEY” if all you end up with is more work and less gold? What le fug.
Content in HoT was great.
Giving us masteries to get back to where we were with our reward system before is pretty stupid, but whatever.

Mouth of Mordremoth is where I get most of my d/c’s. It’s a REALLY cool boss fight, I could REALLY enjoy it….until the 3rd d/c at 5% HP and no rewards at the end. (Not like I’m getting any Crystalline Ore anyways LOL).
Judging by the….52 pages of posts, I can see it’s not just me.
o/

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

One of the hero points in VB bugged out and says I don’t have it on the map but when I try to commune again it says I do have it. Unable to get map completion cause of it.

Edit: Pact Airship Wreckage [Hero Challenge] – East of Faren’s Flyer Waypoint.

… I still want tengu.

(edited by Hammerguard.9834)

Posted by: Eventine.5602

Eventine.5602

Hello, I apologize in advance for my English.

I’ve encountered this issues:

1. I completed the exploration of Verdant Brink and Auric Basin, but I didn’t get any reward for that, which means that I can’t get the Thief’s Cache needed for the Bo collection;

2. Yesterday I got the Invisible Mushroom Spore from a Treasure Mushroom, but, if I open the Bo collection panel, it shows it like I never got it (unfortunately I sold it before checking the collection panel, so I’ll have to get it again I guess);

3. The game keeps crashing once every 10min or so…it’s very annoying, even more when it happens at the end of Dragon’s Stand meta event.

Posted by: eldris.8461

eldris.8461

I can’t complete The Predator’s Path. The last Taimi hologram cut out half way through and now won’t say anything, no more green star, nothing. She should finish talking and I get the reward, I watched a playthrough of it.

PLEAS HELP! I CAN’T DO ANY MORE CONTENT THAT I PAID FOR

Posted by: Angel Heart.6739

Angel Heart.6739

i have the same issue as Hammerguard, reported it several times.

According to Dulfy the hero-point had changed, but when i tried to to it differently it didn’t work either.

Are the maps for ervyone the same, if so how come some players can complete the map while others can’t?

Been jumping up and down the wp interacted 25 times with it, it keep saying io hae the wp and on the mini-map it keeps telling me i’m like 500 meter away from it.

Its to go nuts over tried over 6 hours to get it two days ago, and i mean literally jumping from all edges.

Can you atleast fix it or hand the point over.

Djynn Tm – Founder and Guild Leader – Angel Hearts Clan [Halo] Seafarers Rest

Posted by: BartsBiggestFan.9740

BartsBiggestFan.9740

Buried Insight broken [Hot Story]

Get up to gate and as the Chak spawn, server disconnection/times out, only happens in this story, no other connection issues in-game.

Posted by: Oyranos.9750

Oyranos.9750

Today I tried to group up and play madking, but when they show me as a druid, I got trolled… to pick up a damaging weapon, or else i would be kicked out.
It may not be an actual ingame bug, but its a bug that anet devs got in their heads. So it needs to be fixed , because of their bugs in their heads, we receive a horrible gaming experience.

ps: There is many kind of bugs and we have to report them all, right?

Another bug I encounter is with guild chat. If I represent (eg. G1) but I type in G3 for example, if I try to paste an item in the guild chat for G3 members, it appears in my guild (g1) instead… I tried to make a question for an item yesterday and each time I tried to Shift+left click to appear in the chat window, it appeared only in my guild (chat), not the guild I was talking with…

(edited by Oyranos.9750)

Posted by: Eayln von Bator.5769

Eayln von Bator.5769

This might have been mentioned but in Verdant Brink, some of us are unable to reach 100% map completion because one of the Hero point challenges is not interactable. This issue only seems to affect people who were doing challenges on the map before some of the challenges were changed to a simple channel instead of a champion fight.
The problem hero point challenge is Pact Airship Wreckage located to the right and in the canopy next to Faren’s Flyer waypoint. My charr ranger is bugged with this. When she talks to the hero point it tells her she has gained all she can from this place of power, but her map completion shows this particular point is not complete.

Yes, this issue is very common, and some players found out, that there is maybe an issue with your character having 100% normal tyria map completion and thus not getting anymore ANY other map rewards (see https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Got-100-map-completion-on-VB-no-reward/page/5#post5711513)

Posted by: Pandelume.4703

Pandelume.4703

I completed the Hero Points challenge near Treacherous Path Waypoint twice but never received the hero points at all, only a yellow symbol and a message saying the group event was successful. This was after fighting and defeating the Itzel with a fist over his head that appeared when the Hero Points challenge was triggered.

Ya know, it feels like we’re still beta / stress testing HoT rather than a finished, polished product. On the positive side, the design of the area is quite cool.

Posted by: Hexyn.8462

Hexyn.8462

VB completed 100% on my Necro, no reward.. I had 100% completion prior to HoT.

————-
Piken Square

Posted by: Kyvia.5961

Kyvia.5961

Nightfury shoulders lose the bat effect in 99% of combat encounters, and rarely even just being AFK in town. Getting hit, hitting, CC, boons, pretty much any “status change” seems to bug out the bats. Super annoying considering the cost of these beauties

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Did this hero point a few times. Now I think the first time I did it I did get the 10 hero points for it but it still shows as earn 10 hero points instead of hero points earned.. At least I think I got credit the first time..

Attachments:

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Posted by: Daroon.1736

Daroon.1736

Act 3 Story achievements:

Roots of Terror – Chak Killer Master – Cleared the pit – No Achievement

Buried Insight – Cleaning House – Many security turrets above ground are ‘Obstructed’ The only way to hit them with a Ranger was using Barrage. The 4 Turrets underwater are ‘Obstructed’ and Impossible to hit thereby blocking progress for the Achievement

Posted by: Knoppe.8712

Knoppe.8712

Just killed a treasure mushroom on my guardian. Did not yield a collection reward for my bow (ydalir) instead it gave reward for the warrior warhorn. Am I missing something?

Posted by: Bloem.4839

Bloem.4839

No map completion rewards in VB for my engi. I’m 100% completion on Tyria

Posted by: Kylden Ar.3724

Kylden Ar.3724

1. Constant crashes during large events, namely Octovine and Mouth of Mordremoth. You put a two hour event into an unstable expansion, and when you crash (and you will), there’s no way to get back in. You miss out on loot and two hours of work.

2. Missing world completion rewards. You put these pretty neat new maps in, make them difficult to explore (in a good way) and then don’t reward players when they go through the trouble to 100% them.

3. Verdant Brink hero point still bugged. I go there daily, hoping it’d be fixed. But then I remind myself: what’s the point? It’s not like I get anything for completing the map.

Add to these three your inability to communicate yourselves out of a paper bag and we’ve got one of the worst expansion launches in memory. And then, with a straight face, you pretend it’s all right.

You don’t deserve my money. You deserve a host of debilitating diseases.

While I disagree with the anger and tone, I agree with the content.

It’s time they tell us if and when they will fix these issues. If they are not, we might as well uninstall and move on.

Kylden
Leader of TACO mini-roamer guild, Kaineng.

Posted by: TealDeer.4217

TealDeer.4217

The Predator I: The Experimental Rifle: Numerous progress-blocking bugs. Will update as I encounter them. Thus far:

1. In Quandary Scratch in Mount Maelstrom, you cannot interact with the Experimental Rifles if you have completed the Renown Heart “Assist the skritt with their fortifications,” preventing you from obtaining the item collection piece.

2. In Scarlet’s Secret Lair in Lornar’s Pass, you cannot interact with the item for the collection, blocking progress.

3. Professor Portmatt’s Lab in Bloodtide Coast: when you have solved the puzzle, choosing to decrypt the research data does nothing and does not give you the item for the collection, blocking progress.

4. The event chain in Bauxite Alchemicals in Malchor’s Leap often stalls due to a large number of issues with this chain. Personally, the last time I was there, the NPC team was defeated inside the facility, but the exterior shields were up with no interior access, preventing players from resurrecting them and continuing the chain. This event may need a complete overhaul. Two pieces of this collection are tied to this chain, and I believe several other Legendary Collections are as well.

(edited by TealDeer.4217)

Posted by: Melaho.3260

Melaho.3260

I don’t know if this has been reported but I was recently trying to do the fight against Blighted Canach, first attempt I got to the point where Canach says to take his shield and finish the fight, I unfortunately dies shortly after. I retry, but I get Blighted Canach down to 25% health and he goes completely invulnerable and I can’t continue, Canach says nothing about using his shield, he just stands there no longer attacking or providing shields. It appeared Canach’s health was at 0 when I clicked on him, so perhaps he ‘died’ and therefore the fight couldn’t continue?

Posted by: Bebunw.8137

Bebunw.8137

no reward for 100% completion in Verdant Brink and Tangled Depths, i heard there was a bug for bonus map rewards for those who already has 100% completion of tyria, maybe the link…

Posted by: Kezia.7836

Kezia.7836

Not sure if this is reported.. Been doing story with a friend. Whoever starts the instance gets mastery points sometimes during the story, but the others(sometimes there’s 3 of us) don’t. We all get the end of story mastery point. But the person starting the instance will get one when we kill a boss/reach a checkpoint plus the one at the end. This means we’re running the story 2-3 times to get the points for everyone.

Posted by: The Allseer.6928

The Allseer.6928

1. No rewards for 100% map completion of either Verdant Brink and Auric Basin (on a character that had 100% world completion before expansion released)

2. Fractal weapon collection not registering any of the fractal weapons – I had all fractal weapon skins unlocked before expansion released and have since obtained 2 more, neither of which registered in the collection

3. Gliding is occasionally bugging mid-air where it seems to stall and then character just slowly floats down and moves as if in quicksand or something – this was first encountered and most noticeable during the Prized Possessions event when trying to obtain all of the orbs for the Wild Dragon Chase achievement

4. Crashing after successfully completing the Dragon Stand meta-event will not allow player to reenter the completed map, meaning you miss all of the rewards that you just spent well over an hour trying to obtain

5. Oddly enough, the Avoid Traps achievement was not awarded after successfully avoiding traps during Strange Observations but it was awarded after running over the the traps and getting hit by them

6. Chak Killer-Master achievement will not complete after clearing the chak pit during Roots of Terror – cleared after choosing different paths for the story and it never completes

7. Roots of Terror story, when choosing the left path (for The Dark Path achievement) occasionally bugs – Braham continues following the player at the chak pit and you can not initiate the conversation when you are supposed to talk to him to progress in the story step

8. Also during Roots of Terror: the chak and npc clip into the hill at the top of the chak pit and can walk completely into the ground so that you can not see or target them

9. Also during Roots of Terror: in the chak pit during this mission, I discovered unfortunately that if you jump on top of the blue portal at the back of the chak pit, you can fall behind it where there is a gap that then puts you outside of the playable map where you are stuck and can fall through the world into the water below

10. Untethered achievement during Bitter Harvest is not awarded even after successfully completing without being hit with any vine wips (I assume npc and pet or summons should not count towards failing this achievement, although I have tried with ranger and necro so at least the necro should have gotten it as there were no pets or minions)

11. Flights of Fancy achievement during Hearts and Minds is not awarded even after successfully evading all attacks during the forced-flight sections

12. Hearts and Minds story step has multiple bugs during the Mordremoth fight: a) the air gusts during the forced flight section work but poorly where half the time the updraft does not seem to activate properly, b) if the shield from the npc’s during forced flight is supposed to provide protection during forced flight it doesn’t and the only option is to either get the updrafts to work or die from the ground damage, c) Mordremoth during the last part of the fight occasionally will go invulnerable and there is no way to bring him out of it (during one attempt we were stuck with the boss invulnerable and when we went down on purpose to die and reset, Caithe instantly warped to us and all of a sudden Mordremoth was no longer invulnerable, so it seems to be connected to the npc being stuck off of the land in mid-air where the ground had fallen away, d) retrying during the Mordremoth fight does not always reset the ground that has fallen away during forced flight times, making it impossible to complete when the rifts necessary for the fight are in the middle of the air, e) occasionally there are two rifts on the ground during the fight, both intractable but only one really usable

13. Bark Breaker achievement for Verdant Brink seems impossible as there are no husks with defiance bars to break

14. I have defeated Potoni the Massive in Tangled Depths multiple times and have yet to be awarded the Potoni Masher achievment

Posted by: Vitamina Ce.5193

Vitamina Ce.5193

As reported here, even if you qualify for the Peer Review and My Friends, the Smiths achievements from the Prisoners of the Dragon story mission, the corresponding “interactive objects” in order to start the events do not appear.

Posted by: Chainsawbabies.8069

Chainsawbabies.8069

So i finished my “Sunrise 1: The Experimental Daysword” and at the time i didn’t have a 450-500 weapon smith so i got on this morning and got 500 on it , when i went to see what i need to craft to get the second tier, however i somehow don’t have any of the recipes that were awarded , any advice??

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

I know it is a known issue, but I want to add my issue too: Explored 100% Auric Basin and didn’t recieve the reward. So when you will be rolling out fixes, don’t forget about me please xD

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

So i finished my “Sunrise 1: The Experimental Daysword” and at the time i didn’t have a 450-500 weapon smith so i got on this morning and got 500 on it , when i went to see what i need to craft to get the second tier, however i somehow don’t have any of the recipes that were awarded , any advice??

Go to that legendary vendor, and try to buy that recipe again… it costs just 20K karma

Posted by: sachimokins.7180

sachimokins.7180

The Mac client is exhibiting inconsistent crashing anywhere and while doing anything. Today alone I had four crashes in Silverwastes alone. One right after fighting Vinewraith so I lost all my map bonuses.

The inconsistent crashes are worse in Maguuma, especially Auric Basin. I’m unable to do any meta events without crashing and ultimately loosing my map. The game is almost unplayable from the constant crashes.

Posted by: Kylden Ar.3724

Kylden Ar.3724

Still crashing, but got +10 FPS and the crashes to take 40-60 mins before happening last night by sliding FOV, horizintal postion near and far all the way to the left.

The world looks small and cloister phobic that way, and it looks like I move so slow. Please fix OOM or give official revisions to minimum specs soon.

Kylden
Leader of TACO mini-roamer guild, Kaineng.

Posted by: vanensang.1389

vanensang.1389

The Crusader’s Pack collection is bugged. I completed the story step “Prized Possessions” on a second character and I didn’t get the Resilient Vigil Belt, though I picked the Recruit’s Pack on that character and I already bought the Vigil Maintenance Oil in before. Yet it still shows me that I just have 2 items though I should have the Belt too.

I progressed the Scholar’s Pack collection to 5/8 when I simply played it through without buying those other three items.

Attachments:

Kodash [DE]
Avallora Erasleigh // e
Tara Airgetlám // m

Posted by: Ciaran.9076

Ciaran.9076

Unsure if this has been posted already, but anyway:

Guild Harvesting has the description of Crafting.

Attachments:

The Allseer.6928

Just completed Roots of Terror story with a friend. We cleared out the Chak pit for the achievement and he received his award for Chak Kill-Master while I still have nothing after trying this achievement several times now both alone and with a friend, both with and without dying. Another thing is that there was still one chak left when my friend got his achievement for “clearing” the pit, one that had somehow wondered through the wall and reached the unplayable area that you can fall into behind the blue wall at the back of the pit.

The Allseer.6928

SCAR Biovac event chain seems to keep bugging and is currently once again stuck where “The SCAR team is attempting to stop the Mordrem migration toward Central Tyria”, where the npc keeps trying to repair the scrap cannon even after it is fully repaired.

The Allseer.6928

Just defeated Champion Potoni the Massive, I have the Nuhock Proving mastery. My friend, who does NOT have the mastery was there with me fighting. He gets the award for the Potoni Masher achievement and I still have nothing for it after multiple times defeating this champion now after getting the master.

Posted by: Eternal Is Sektor.9034

Eternal Is Sektor.9034

It has been 13 days since launch and I still cannot re-enter the prologue mission to complete it and begin the story in the expansion. At this point I want my $120 CAD back.

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Last story fight a rift spawned out in the air. Unlike canach in the picture I cannot walk on air. I fell to my death until my armor was broken trying to get to it and had to restart entire thing after 35 minutes into it..

Attachments:

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Posted by: Drekon Shi.8417

Drekon Shi.8417

Is there really no one else having problems with there being no influence trader?? Every time I check to see if there is one I am left with no fruits for my labors. Is there a certain level a guild has to be or something to see one or are there any requirements at all? Such information seems to be elusive at this time. I have just over 6k worth of influence and no way to use it thanks anet. Was the influence trader removed for Halloween? Who knows I know I don’t.

Posted by: Rabbits.5132

Rabbits.5132

I can’t finish my story quest, Bitter Harvest. I pursue faolain and reach the top of the.. spinning thing. Once I jump off it bugs and traps me in the walls. I’ve tried 3 times and it does it each time, no matter where I jump off it just glitches.

Posted by: Simulator.4687

Simulator.4687

Coztic Itzel Belongings [Hero Challenge]

The Coztic Itzel Belongings [Hero Challenge] is bugged. I have completed several times now and it won’t give me the hero points. on the map screen it shows as incomplete but in the game it shows as being complete. please fix soon as its stopping me from completing this map.

Attachments: