Issue Reports: Heart of Thorns [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

My mouse is acting like the windows key when using skills. This started happening after purchasing HoT. Use a skill with the mouse pointer, game minimizes to desktop. Using skills with the assigned number keys, they work as intended.

Posted by: Skielsthear.6913

Skielsthear.6913

Is there really no one else having problems with there being no influence trader?? Every time I check to see if there is one I am left with no fruits for my labors. Is there a certain level a guild has to be or something to see one or are there any requirements at all? Such information seems to be elusive at this time. I have just over 6k worth of influence and no way to use it thanks anet. Was the influence trader removed for Halloween? Who knows I know I don’t.

I was informed by someone in Lion’s Arch that the Influence Trader requires 10K influence or above to be able to use. I only have a little over 4K, but all my influence, all my upgrades to my guild, I got alone, by my own hand and my own hard-won gold. Next to nothing to show for it now.

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Someone said that in one of my threads, expertise does nothing. Though the tooltip displays an increased condition duration, the actual applied condition isn’t longer.

I haven’t been able to verify this myself, but it bears looking in to.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: Skielsthear.6913

Skielsthear.6913

Also to bump for bugging out, I consistently crash in map meta events, whether in high population, or low population maps. Re-installing, repairing, and rebooting GW2 over and over draws no good fortune. I have even tried to defragment my hard disk drive and check for errors. The crashes happen on any map: Central Tyria, WvW, PvP, EotM, HoT. The crashes happen at any interval of time, be it 5 minutes to 30 minutes. I’ve constantly lost out on map meta progression and participation experience due to these, and as such have been stunted in my ability to move my masteries up to anything more than level 2. I try to play at least 6 hours a day, and am trying to hit any event I can. I have avoided the map’s meta-event boss fights, as I have been burned before many times by crashing and getting stuck in an overflow or low-population map which fails those boss encounters. I can safely say I have no idea what goes on in these fights past 5 or so minutes in, and I have never seen a map’s total event completion to its fullest extent.

Posted by: Natanya.2403

Natanya.2403

Guild Trader – Bag of Educational Supplies

Thinking that when opening it on my main character who is level 80 that it would give me either scrolls or tomes which I could put in my storage for my lower level characters, it instead it gave me a single spirit shard.

I’m not going to insist that I get my 1 Guild Commendation back and the chance to buy the item again, but I would suggest that the item’s description be clear about what people get when opening it at level 80, or have it only give what the description says.

Attachments:

Natanya – Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: clown.7148

clown.7148

Auric map completion: I didn’t get any reward from completing Auric Basin.

Posted by: judgement.9782

judgement.9782

I’ve been working toward unlocking the asc Engi hammer from the scrapper collection i have one item left was hoping to get the item tomorrow, but when i checked the ach it seems that some items(invis Mushroom/Machined hammer) which are part of a few other collections were not added(shroom was put in war torch no others) and im not sure what the collection is where the hammer showed.

Posted by: rtyr.7104

rtyr.7104

I’ve upgraded and am unable to activate the elite specialization skills for my Ranger or my Guardian. The skills show in the appropriate tab but unable to switch to it in skill specialization and the bow for Guard and staff for Ranger show as not for this class of character.

Posted by: Olterin Fire.5960

Olterin Fire.5960

The invisible mushroom registered for the torch collection, but no other. I’ve since sold it since it was taking up too much space, however, this is probably a bug. Unless of course you need to find a different, yet same, mushroom for all the profession weapon collections :/

WIthout light, there can be no darkness. Without darkness, there can be no light.

Sword Of Justice – Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Vrugor.3120

Vrugor.3120

Completed Verdant Brink map and did not receive ranger chest (was on a ranger) for staff or any reward at all.

Posted by: Cythrawl.6071

Cythrawl.6071

VB Map 100% Completion – no map completion reward.

Posted by: browar.3850

browar.3850

I completed Verdant Brink ( 100% ) and I did not receive any reward.

Posted by: Kuroneko.7401

Kuroneko.7401

VB map 100% completion without any completion reward…

Posted by: Mimas.5708

Mimas.5708

I also have a huge amount of issues:

- client crashed ONLY in HoT randomly in heavily crowded maps. I experience most crashes when porting to waypoints, using merchants and the Auction House (here I also sometimes get a nice rainbow colored window where the AH window appears).
The worst thing is, that because you are forced to play on organized maps for the mega events like “king of the jungle” and with map sized of less than 100 people, you need luck to be able to stay on a map for at least 1hour. I (and alot of others) crashed out at least two times short before we killed Chak Gerent. The mega annoying part was, that my guild could defeat that guy last time, without me, becaused my client crashed. At the moment, I’m downloading the client for the second time, after I still experienced the crashed even with reduced graphics. And just to make it clear, I don’t want to run this game on lower graphic settings. I love having more than 30 fps with ultra hd in full details.

- of course, I also got no loot chest for map completion with my “already-explored-100%-of-the-rest-of-the-world” char.

… and one more thing: when you solved the client problem, incrase the maximum amount of ppl in the new maps. It is horrible to do an mega event where you need 10-15 ppl for each of the 4 lanes with just getting 50ish ppl on a map. Or adjust the mega server system, that it provides a new map earlier.

(edited by Mimas.5708)

Posted by: Keitaro Dragonheart.9047

Keitaro Dragonheart.9047

Verdant Brink Map Completion: No Rewards. Also can’t seem to find any way to trade influence. Checked every guild related NPC in LA and inside the Guild Initiative Offices, and nothing.

Posted by: Titan Cronus.9216

Titan Cronus.9216

REVENANT:
*Missing their racial skills!
*Missing their 4th skill of each utility skill type!
*Missing their second under water weapon!

Please see here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/revenant/No-Skill-Choice-not-even-Racial-skills/

Crónus : Human male Eelementalist, Desolation.
17 level 80 characters, all races, all professions.

Posted by: Chocofox.9503

Chocofox.9503

Noble outpost event stalling. Clear hostiles from the nobles crash site. Breachers and mordrem killed but event not progressing.

Also dry-top, silverwaste and south-sun not giving map rewards to characters with 100% map completion

Attachments:

Posted by: Onizuka.6983

Onizuka.6983

It has been 13 days since launch and I still cannot re-enter the prologue mission to complete it and begin the story in the expansion. At this point I want my $120 CAD back.

I know the feeling, I’m stuck as well, and support tickets have stopped responding at all to me.

Posted by: Ignigknawt.7869

Ignigknawt.7869

Not too many issues for me so far, however I recently completed both Verdant Brink and Auric Basin on my elementalist/tempest and I’ve yet to receive the reward chest for a Magus Falls map completion. As you know, this is a requirement for the North Wind warhorn, and it’s really frustrating that I’ve done 2 maps now and have gotten nothing for it >.>

“Many times I’ve wondered…how much there is to know.”

Posted by: anx.7549

anx.7549

Sorry if this has been posted before – searched but nothing found. I’ve come late to the HoT party as I had real life commitments during launch week. I settle down to play and have got to ‘The Jungle Provides’ quest but 5 times of attempting I keep getting disconnected. I do the main quest / save the weaving stations etc and the ‘big boss’ appears then just when I have virtually killed them "disconnect error’’

It is not my router or network as the GW game screen indicates, but the game. Any work around on this? I can’t progress on my mastery track until I save the Itzel or whatever they are called – and right now after 5 attempts I couldn’t care less if they get wiped out!!!

Anx

Posted by: Aetheogh.9127

Aetheogh.9127

Should have read these posts first, would have never bother to buy the expansion. Going on 3rd day since expansion, fresh install using the HOT client, it gets to 21% downloaded and it crashes with a fatal error. Kept sending in the crash reports. Not going to bother with it until they get it fixed. Last expansion had no problems, this expansion wow seeing lots of posts of problems…

Laters..

Aetheogh.9127|Sanctum of Rall Server|North America (Mountain Timezone)|(do not use voice)

Posted by: Tecnomage.2519

Tecnomage.2519

Loana (bolt vol1) still bugged.
She doesn´t turn into vendor after event.

Posted by: asteentje.4910

asteentje.4910

I found out that the Coztic Itzel Belongings [Hero Challenge] rewards you the Hero point east of Faren’s Flyer Waypoint(don’t know what it’s called). It’s also vice versa.

Posted by: shaquinna.2869

shaquinna.2869

I got a few points

1. Crashes in new HoT content (for example during long lasting map events)
2. Crashes in Lion’s Arch
3. Crashes in Silverwaste
4. Crashes in Queensdale
5. Crashes in the guild hall
6. Crashes while opening the Guild Panel
7. Crashes while opening the Hero Panel
8. Crashes while opening the Gem store
9. Crashes while opening the
10. Crashes during Shadow Behemoth
11. Crashes during Guild Missions
12. Crashes during Tequatle
13. Crashes during dungeons

Just … crashes

Ever since HoT release.. crashes everywhere. Not just me, a lot of others.
(https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/CRASHES-CRASHES-AND-MORE-CRASHES/first)

To point out the seriousness of these issues and the time span it should be fixed in.. see point 8.

Evanny
[EU] Piken Square
Representing: ‘The Only One’ [One]

(edited by shaquinna.2869)

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

I’ve upgraded and am unable to activate the elite specialization skills for my Ranger or my Guardian. The skills show in the appropriate tab but unable to switch to it in skill specialization and the bow for Guard and staff for Ranger show as not for this class of character.

Have you set the elite trait line in your build tab? I ran into same thing and found out that only the 3rd trait line can be selected as your elite. You can basically train all the skills but until you change your build traits you won’t be able to equip or use the new skills.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Posted by: Lil Kawaii Lizzziie.2509

Lil Kawaii Lizzziie.2509

Another person here that didn’t get a reward for Verdant Brink map completion.

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Just a person who see the condition duration of his viper gear not working.

EverythingOP

Posted by: Kajel.4932

Kajel.4932

I have been a Faithful user since the first beta. The game crashes so often for so many users that we don’t even want to play anymore. Your getting a terrible reputation. It would be in your best interest to get it fixed.

Posted by: DTATL.9641

DTATL.9641

Every time I get to Auric Basin I get the egg backpack on top of my back item. This happens every time even though I have completed the whole story and I do not have that chapter active. The egg backpack is visible in transformations and in the armors.

I have full map completion in HoT I haven’t got any reward.

Also in the book the human gods(part of the Zinn’s Prize Student basic collection) there is the wrong god listed. “Upon the defeat of the god of secrets, Dhuum, a woman named Kormir took up the mantle of the goddess of truth” This should be Abbadon not Dhuum.

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

OOM crashes in meta events and wvw still ongoing.

Posted by: Underdark.3726

Underdark.3726

Under the Pale Reaver Believer achievement you need to accompany Laranthir through the ruins, but you actually need to accompany the other NPC to get the achievement. Unless you need both but then again the text is wrong.

Posted by: Olterin Fire.5960

Olterin Fire.5960

Gilded Hollow guild hall issue. Our guild just reached guild level 15 and we would have liked to upgrade the mine, but there’s now a solid rock wall in the way, no way to get to the mine proprietor. It was accessible and fine before the guild level change took place.

Edit: since then, the rock wall has been reappearing and disappearing on guild hall re-entry, sometimes within the same instance. One time it was there for my guildie and not for me, while we were in the same map instance. :-/

WIthout light, there can be no darkness. Without darkness, there can be no light.

Sword Of Justice – Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Olterin Fire.5960)

Posted by: Kylden Ar.3724

Kylden Ar.3724

Colin posted on a reddit thread that a x64 client beta is coming today. Won’t help those of us on budget PC’s (stupid mortgage and feeding kids) but those with 64-bit machines should be happy…

Kylden
Leader of TACO mini-roamer guild, Kaineng.

Posted by: MorbidMemories.6705

MorbidMemories.6705

During the last mission (Hearts & Minds) the Rift during the braham part of the fight spawned off a cliff in the air meaning i couldnt get to it

Attachments:

Posted by: Piper halliwell w.6578

Piper halliwell w.6578

I still dont have my stolen 34 achievements points!

Posted by: Soupinator.6970

Soupinator.6970

While the function gyro seems to behave correctly in dungeons/fractals, it is EXTREMELY buggy in large engagements such as world bosses. I have experienced about a 75% failure rate where the gyro will either do nothing after being summoned, or – and this has happened to me several times – it will move away from my target and revive a completely random player who I have never targeted.

Function gyro stomp provides no visual feedback that I’ve been able to see for the stomp progress. Combined with being slower than a normal stomp it’s very difficult to tell if it will survive long enough to finish the stomp while being attacked, or when to interrupt an enemy function gyro’s stomp on a teammate.

Also, using the function gyro to revive someone provides no experience.

Pact Commander mastery autoloot does not work in WvW, which is a major reason why I got that first.

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Concentration and expertise are still broken. How long are two entire stat types going to continue being broken?

Posted by: KronosBaelfire.6289

KronosBaelfire.6289

These crashes are way too excessive especially in the DS map meta event right at the end boss!

https://twitter.com/KronosBaelfire
http://gw2style.com/profile.php?id=9298
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” – Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

No Map-completion reward for doing 100% of Verdant Brink.

Kima & Co

Posted by: Signum Apokalyptis.9264

Signum Apokalyptis.9264

The bug of not gaining a map completion reward for Verdant Brink on a character that got 100% Central Tyria is still a thing

Leader for Kodash Karmatrain [AG] – hardest slackers EU

Posted by: jcgreig.3620

jcgreig.3620

The final fight is so buggy I’m having a hard time completing it— the rifts spawn midair and not all the updrafts actually work

Posted by: Sagath.5921

Sagath.5921

No reward from completing verdant brink map

Posted by: Mistro.3059

Mistro.3059

The Minstrel’s Jewelry Recipe Book rewards the wrong amulet recipe.

Attachments:

Posted by: Ellord.5840

Ellord.5840

I cannot do further steps of HoT Sign Cutting story quest… cannot interact with the sign from Rox. Bug occurred after the patch that removed mastery requirement. I really want to finish off the story. It has been a week …

Attachments:

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Verdant Brink: Bark Breaker

Did the entire Larinthir event chain from start to finish. Not a single husk spawned at any event.

Can’t get this achievement because of it.

Posted by: Mistro.3059

Mistro.3059

I cannot do further steps of HoT Sign Cutting story quest… cannot interact with the sign from Rox. Bug occurred after the patch that removed mastery requirement. I really want to finish off the story. It has been a week …

I also had this issue. As a work-around, I dropped this chapter and picked up the previous chapter, moved to a different map, restarted this chapter, and returned to Tangled Depths. If you interact with the tracks before the green star appears over them it can bug the quest, and also doing this quest in a party with other people on this step can bug the quest. Basically just go to the spots and avoid pressing F till the star appears over it for a second or two and you should be good. This work around worked for me as well as several guild members.

Posted by: sachimokins.7180

sachimokins.7180

The mission: Make me mad in Tarir

http://i.imgur.com/lVkHmW1.jpg

The most frustratingly unclear crash message I get.

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Concentration and expertise are still broken. How long are two entire stat types going to continue being broken?

Scratch that, I think they’re actually working now, it’s just that the bugfix wasn’t listed in the updates for some reason.

Posted by: Discodude.9517

Discodude.9517

In the Mordremoth fight I keep having an issue where the Rifts keep spawning in the air (off of the platform). Sometimes it’s where there should be platform. Sometimes it’s where there is no platform. At the point I have to restart the fight and just hope that it doesn’t happen (I haven’t had any luck in over a half dozen tries so far).

Posted by: Borne Trickster.8254

Borne Trickster.8254

The guild hall map keeps resetting after about ten minutes inside. Is there a reason for it?

Nari, Sylvari Necromancer of [Envy]