Issue Reports: Heart of Thorns [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

so i was soloing/duoing hearts and minds on my condi engi and i accidently condi bursted the ally i was trying to convert…. normally when these npcs hit 25%, you start doing 0 power damage to them. but they dont get a condi clear. so with a 10-15 burn stack, a few bleeds, confusion, and poison, they can die in less time than it takes to channel the rift, especially if you have mordy’s aggro and break the channel. they need a condi clear and condi immunity! it breaks the fight, mordy stays in his endure pain + zerker stance indefinitely if they die.

additionally, failing and retrying flights of fancy requires resetting the entire instance to retry and an attempt is gated behind 2 trash fights, long talky talky, cutscenes, and 2 bosses. please let us get the buff back upon failing/resetting the mordy fight.

finally, ive also been forced to reset the mordy fight after getting to the final phase — there are occurrances where my rift channel gets broken and i can no longer interact with the rift, so i cant progress. it happened when i only killed most of the shadows and got swiped at while channeling, but my channel can also be broken by the pbaoe hit that happens every once in a while or by just weapon swapping to cancel, im not really sure which variety of break breaks the fight.

so many things about hearts and minds make it extremely frustrating to just play it, and its not an l2p issue here, i can stay alive just fine. its that the rifts break frequently and/or mordy goes/stays invuln when certain checks are failed which (are the players’ fault but) should not be failable. it really needs a ton of passes from QA!!!! the updrafts in the lava-floor phases were only the beginning of the bugs! (and thanks for squashing that btw, that works a LOT better now, having played it both before and after).

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: KINGRPG.3492

KINGRPG.3492

Humming Krait Crystal rarely drop from Krait Hypnoss. I try to kill Krait Hypnoss for 6 hours. I never get the crystal more than one. So boring

Sorry for my beginner English / http://www.kingrpg.net My Blog

(edited by KINGRPG.3492)

Posted by: melkhior.9380

melkhior.9380

Although I haven’t bought HoT yet, since HoT release, the mac client crashes regularly.
Symptoms goes from:
– map doesn’t show background anymore, only pointer but over a black background
– client closes abruptly

Posted by: Necromus.9276

Necromus.9276

Mac client crashes every 10-15 minutes since raid update. Same issue that I had during the last BWE. Game has become frustrating trying to work on legendaries that require boss defeat; never get credit for events due to crashing.

“Building a wall is like fighting a war…”

Posted by: MaineDutch.8352

MaineDutch.8352

Disconnects are through the roof. I crash so many times a day now.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

snip

almost forgot, i also managed to kill the blighted pale tree once — like as in, not pulling her into the rift. i think it may have been a leeching sigil proc after getting her to 1 hp as normal, but when she died my friend and i couldnt progress (because we couldnt pull her into the rift) and we couldnt suicide (because we couldnt jump out or get hit by enemies)… so we had to reset the instance. thats the worst! the 3 blighted ally fights need stronger damage nullification to avoid this edge case!

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: jdkentucky.2871

jdkentucky.2871

Anyone notice that no one is responding to any of the recent complaints .. My game keeps shutting down. The only way I can play it is in low detail without it crashing as much.. Something that never happened before and still dont happen on dry top map ect ect I cant see my asura ranger druid close up because of the dumb place they put the F5 above the healthbar. And I am betting the rest of my asura professions will look the same.when I get them to that point. Very disappointed on the HOT upgrade. The rewards are far from worth it .It is not fun to play, Going to move on to other things You are not the only game in town.. Maybe in a year you will figure it out..

Posted by: quorra.4391

quorra.4391

First time forum poster but just had to chime in:

Never had a crash before HoT… Loyal player for a year before HoT release. Bought Delux Xpac, started to crash once an hr, then to every 20min after last patch. Tried to do Dragon’s stand assault, GL w/ that, crashed 5x over the course of the battle, used squad as crash insurance to keep trying to get back to correct map; crashed again during Mordremoth final battle, came back in just in time to get completion recognition but no chest. Lost WB chests over 5x this way now due to crashes. Finally now just logged in for 3min, did Maw WB, and then crashed yet again. 9times out of 10 is the OOM Heap error crash. A few times client just quit. Really disappointing to drop all that cash on the Xpac and now it’s basically unplayable for me at this point.

Running 32bit client.
Shaders and graphics settings all on lowest.
Running in Windowed.
Even disabled second VGA monitor to boost graphics card performance…

Just hoping that this gets addressed soon since after going through pages and pages of this thread I know I’m not the only one.

reposted to this thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Non-stop-crashing-since-the-update-Merged/page/6

(edited by quorra.4391)

Posted by: Distillia.9834

Distillia.9834

Here to report that since the patch on Tuesday I’ve been crashing 3-4 times while playing in a 5 hour play period each day.
Prior to Nov 17 I had no crash issues – ever, I mean ever in the last 3 years. Whenever others reported crashing issues, it never happened to me.

• Running 32bit
  • AMD Radeon HD 7870
  • Settings on High/Postprocessing: None
  • Windowed Fullscreen

Moving forward, I will install and use the 64-bit client today on-ward and hope that makes a difference.

(edited by Distillia.9834)

Posted by: Amyrial.4316

Amyrial.4316

I’m having the same experience as quorra.4391. I never had crashes before HOT, and now they are frequent. At first, I only experienced crashes while in HOT maps (e.g., Verdant Brink) However, since the patch a couple of days ago, the game crashes in all PVE and PVP maps, and usually at the worst possible time (i.e. I lose out on rewards, chests, and participation that I’ve accumulated)

I then installed the 64bit beta client a couple of days ago, since some posters and players have reported no crashes since switching. However, the 64 bit client has made no difference . I play on an Alienware system with 32GB of RAM and dual NVidia GTX 780M graphics cards with 4GB of memory. I should not be getting out of memory crashes, and yet I am. Please fix this soon.

Posted by: Shadow Steps.8592

Shadow Steps.8592

Hello,
I finished 100% Verdant Brink map completion and didn’t get the chest reward that contains the Gift of the fleet. Can u fix it plz.
Regards

(edited by Shadow Steps.8592)

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

Alas, the latest patch cut my fps down to 40-45 and caused more crashes than before… Even with the previous build’s crashes, my computer was running cool and smooth on high settings at a pretty solid 60fps.

Verified on both 32- and 64-bit clients.

Crashes occur between 10 and 30 minutes apart. It’s not possible to progress story like this. =/

Computer = not a potato.
Desktop, grill-style case allows for good air flow
Win 8.1 64-bit
16Gb RAM
4Gb vRAM
… and all drivers up to date.

I’ve pretty much had every crash in the book, ranging from crashes that leave the game running with an error message on-screen (the game eventually dies anyways) to full-on bluescreens (one way to make my nice computer a potato/doorstop).

To the mods/devs: I’ve been submitting the prompted error reports where possible (sometimes that window either doesn’t show up or doesn’t respond), so hopefully some of that info is making it through successfully and is helpful.

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Posted by: Swift.1930

Swift.1930

I’m having the same experience as quorra.4391. I never had crashes before HOT, and now they are frequent. At first, I only experienced crashes while in HOT maps (e.g., Verdant Brink) However, since the patch a couple of days ago, the game crashes in all PVE and PVP maps, and usually at the worst possible time (i.e. I lose out on rewards, chests, and participation that I’ve accumulated)

I then installed the 64bit beta client a couple of days ago, since some posters and players have reported no crashes since switching. However, the 64 bit client has made no difference . I play on an Alienware system with 32GB of RAM and dual NVidia GTX 780M graphics cards with 4GB of memory. I should not be getting out of memory crashes, and yet I am. Please fix this soon.

Pretty much the same situation as you (see my post above this); not using an Alienware, but eeeeeverything was butter-smooth (even though some people say it’s not possible to maintain 60fps, I maintained it pretty much the whole time except in the biggest of zergs). Have you noticed that even your settings have to go down now after the latest patch (unless they patched again within the last 10 hours)?

Been there, punned that.

Ehmry Bay Guardian

Posted by: Joe.8379

Joe.8379

Consistently getting disconnected with the “Game client lost connection to the server” error.

I received this error and was kicked twice while trying to do the final HoT story chapter. Finally, I managed to complete the story on my third attempt, and as I was watching the final climax it happened again. So despite actually finishing the whole thing I have to do it all over again :(

Posted by: Khargothe.7104

Khargothe.7104

thought i’d repost this here hoping it may have better chance of being noticed by devs As of today I attempted to use a Tome of knowlege on my level 80 necromancer and did no receive a hero point and just a short time ago used a lvl 30 experience scroll on my level 22 mesmer and didn’t receive my hero points even though it says i received them

Posted by: Themistokles.1238

Themistokles.1238

Sanctum Scramble for the Glints Bastion Collection is bugged for me. Did it with Silver but didnt got the Collection thing. Third bug just in this one Collection. GG

Posted by: quarrel.1689

quarrel.1689

I was downed while fighting a Chak Bracer, which are immune to damage but die when their defiance bar is depleted. Another player finished dropping its bar while I still had it targeted. It died, but I did not rally.

Posted by: Feydiir.2609

Feydiir.2609

Mac client crashes so much in WvW it is functionally unplayable.. even after doing “-repair” and setting ever graphic option to low/lowest/none where applicable it still crashes up to a dozen times in a half hour (I stopped counting because I quit playing as there was just no point)

Late 2012 iMac – 3.4 GHz i7 – 16 GB – GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB – OSX 10.11

Posted by: Bebunw.8137

Bebunw.8137

don’t know if it was mentionned but locking collection components on events which pop only on the failure of another event is really bad design, because most of these events are locked behind defense events (defense of dungeon entrance and cathedrals) and the defense events are never failed excepted maybe during the night because new and f2p players keep doing these even if we ask them to stop.

Posted by: mandalie.6352

mandalie.6352

Hi I talked to the pale reaver scout in verdant brink while wearing my white feather wing backpack and never received my white feather wing glider… Did I miss something?

Posted by: Gankiskhan.4671

Gankiskhan.4671

I haven’t seen this mentioned yet but it is only people with HoT accounts. I logged on to my no HoT account and I’m fine.

Don’t harsh my mellow.

Posted by: UnDeadFun.5824

UnDeadFun.5824

- Issue with Specialized Collections -
I acquired an [Invisible Mushroom Spore] while on my Reaper which showed up as an Achievement for “Wild Abandon”(Warrior) and not “Dark Harvest”(Reaper).

This is a little frustrating, first the issue with map comp and now this. I’m hesitant to even start legendary collections.

*edit: – Thought this was a bug, apparently it’s just poor design. It unlocks per profession in alphabetical order of unlocked specializations. Wish I had known and I wouldn’t have unlocked them all when HoT released. I guess I’m happy I’m not trying for Tempest first :?

(edited by UnDeadFun.5824)

Posted by: Neshane.6497

Neshane.6497

The Fractal Weapon Collection is still not crediting me for all my Fractal weapon skins that I already have. Hammer,Torch and Shield still show as not part of my collection. Surprised you’ll would quickly nerf the lvl40 Fractal Farming but have done Nothing yet for those that had fractal weapon skins before HoT was realised. Would like a fix for this well before the months roll on, because Fractal skins at 20 Pristine a pop is that grinding mentality you’ll seem so eager to push in HoT.

Posted by: quietscribe.1573

quietscribe.1573

Verdant Brink scaling:
Having the raid entrance in the Verdant Brink map is causing issues. Not only is it filling up the map with people not taking part in events, but it is also scaling individual areas nearby.

The rally point east of Jaka Itzel is a prime example of this. It was myself and perhaps two others that were working on building up the defences of it, and yet when the attack came, it was an influx of elite mobs that we had no chance of taking down. Most waiting for raiding were afk or not interested in taking part, and yeah, death happened. This isn’t fun, and just creates frustrated players.

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

I just happened to pop in here to see what progress has been made on the bugs…and it appears Anet added a big one.

Raid entrance in the map instead of its own instance? This is an epic fail. The first thing I thought of was, “Why on earth would they do something that would bug out the entire map seeing as there are so many world events that pop into that map that require high participation?”

The common knowledge is that once the map population reaches a certain level a new map is opened and no one else can enter the original. As there are problems with the events succeeding on any given map at any population level, if you have 1/2 of the population just standing idle waiting on a raid group, they are not participating in the event, consequently said event fails.

Who thought this was a good idea? I would suggest the dev team find that person and string them up by their toenails.

There are way too many issues in the new HoT maps to worry about without Anet adding another one to the pile intentionally. If not intentional, then the person who made that decision does not play the game, therefore, has no intimate knowledge of how said maps work.

If this last is the case, I respectfully suggest Anet provides adequate training to their teams making these types of decisions. Or at the very least have someone with that knowledge oversee and check off on these decisions before implementation. After all, all pilots are trained to follow their check list to verify all items on it work before they fly their airplanes. (my dad was a pilot and this was the holy grail)

Posted by: kyeloon.5826

kyeloon.5826

Invisible Mushroom King in Auric Basin doesn’t seem to work:
- cannot be killed
- if killed (don’t know how) he respawns instantly without dropping loot
- it says “explodes on death” but it doesn’t
- it doesn’t attack / behaves like a normal treasure mushroom

Attachments:

Posted by: Merlotte.3126

Merlotte.3126

Another bug, i can’t buy sheet of aurilium

Attachments:

Posted by: slastic.1042

slastic.1042

so ive noticed that achievements which are supposed to be granting mastery points for central tyria are not crediting them to the account, particularly those under the hero tab, i havent checked to see if any others are missing

Posted by: BlackberryTart.9587

BlackberryTart.9587

In the Highest Gear JP in Auric Basin, if you fall into the squares where the little RC golems are for the minigame, you get stuck inside their invisible box.

Posted by: SweetestLamb.8071

SweetestLamb.8071

Attuned Rings:
I can’t seem to attune my Red Ring of Death and my Crystalline Band (from 2 slots to 3), I can attune other rings in my bank, even infused ones. [Like 20 of them in fact] The ones I want to attune don’t even show up in the MF. I can’t imagine this is intentional.

Attachments:

Posted by: dunnjie.1308

dunnjie.1308

Blocked story line @ Rally To Maguuma. I can normally play all new maps, but not the story line which is stuck. Plz help.

Posted by: Unz.5126

Unz.5126

Tempest trait Lucid Singularity removes conditions at the beginning of overload but doesn’t give resistance to movement-impeding conditions while overloading.

Posted by: Kylden Ar.3724

Kylden Ar.3724

Per the notes here

Reduced memory usage in the 32-bit client and the Mac client.

At least for me the game is working much better anywhere. Over 5 hours of play before a crash, and I’m pretty sure that happened because of a Windows Update pop up coming in to play.

Was the specifically the Memory Fragmentation issue, or they figure out a new way to make a smaller memory footprint?

Kylden
Leader of TACO mini-roamer guild, Kaineng.

Posted by: BladeBaT.9203

BladeBaT.9203

Blocked story line @ Rally To Maguuma. I can normally play all new maps, but not the story line which is stuck. Plz help.

welcome in the club mate

Posted by: sffogg.6018

sffogg.6018

The “Fix-r-Upper” specialty achievement is blocked. The “Drone Race: Silver” collection item did not give credit upon getting silver on my Elementalist. I subsequently received gold on my Engineer and still did not receive credit.

Posted by: tigru.6085

tigru.6085

I have tried to open the game and create a revant. When i clicked create, the game crashed and could not open it since. Downloaded and install a new version, still cannot use the game.
BTW. I am using a Mac Client

Posted by: darksome.1697

darksome.1697

thought i’d repost this here hoping it may have better chance of being noticed by devs As of today I attempted to use a Tome of knowlege on my level 80 necromancer and did no receive a hero point and just a short time ago used a lvl 30 experience scroll on my level 22 mesmer and didn’t receive my hero points even though it says i received them

You do not receive Hero Points from Tome of Knowledge items at level 80, you only receive spirit shards. I think the description of the item when you mouse over it says that (but I may be wrong about that, it was mentioned in the release notes some way back though, and it’s stated on the wiki).

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tome_of_Knowledge

Posted by: Link.6157

Link.6157

Noble crash site chain in VB is impossible to finish, almost always gets stuck in the first event. The adventure shooting gallery is just ridiculous placing it after this long, bugy, hard (legendary mobs …) Now with VB almost empty, this is impossible even if it doesn’t bug out.

Posted by: Ornie.1827

Ornie.1827

I was just in a Dragon’s Stand map, we were on the last boss fight. Mordremoth was down to about 40% and then out of nowhere, without a timer running out or anything, we all got ported to a different map, on exactly the same spot that we were in. No way of getting back to our map, it seemed to have crashed..

This is even more annoying than random dc’s, because then at least you had a small chance of getting back in your map!

Posted by: Olli.9028

Olli.9028

Still bugged in the first story step rally to maguuma since a few hours after release (a Month!! ago) and still no fix. even after a few tickets
it´s start to getting ridiculous fix your kitten anet

Stab Eins [aX] Axîom
professional WvW rallybotting since 2013

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Since the last few days my game is unplayable.
Random slowdowns, framerate drops till it freezes and memory usuage spiked.
It slows down my whole pc at the moment, something I never had a problem with before.

I had very little problems in big group content and now I stutter when just one player enters the view or I just turn the camera.

Posted by: adragonzord.3471

adragonzord.3471

Cannot input Trailblazer’s Insignia/Inscription in to the Mystic Forge to change stats of items. To be honest, I am very disappointed that this issue hasn’t been addressed more quickly.

(edited by adragonzord.3471)

Posted by: msbehnke.3960

msbehnke.3960

Mac client still crashing, although less frequent since the reduction in memory usage patch.

Mathaais, Guardian [WolF] IoJ Commander

Posted by: thejoedude.3465

thejoedude.3465

please fix the bug where at the end of every meta event in heart of thorns right after the last boss is killed my game freezes, and requires me to force shut down my pc with 2 unresponsive monitors. the HOT meta events are far too long to crash at the end of about 10 meta event completions now without getting loot for any of them, and these 10+ crashes have made me lose atleast 30 hours of work that was up in the background from me having for force power down my pc. please fix before i delete my account and uninstall one of these times

Posted by: spacyg.4586

spacyg.4586

Can confirm that most of the Mordremoth bugs are still there -__- ;; Tried the entire fight of Mordremoth about 5 times just now and it still bugged me out… I am going to stay away from this fight until the bugs are fixed… Already sent in a report while it was all going on. Got really frustrated since I was right at the end each time!!

Posted by: tpot.9816

tpot.9816

Not sure if this belong here or not, but for HOPE vol 4 collection; I used the Dwarven Spell Trap item to that activated right before I start attacking the Karka Queen, the queen died in 2 minutes something, but I did not receive the Karka Queen’s Magic collectable which was supposed to drop.

Posted by: wey daw ming.5784

wey daw ming.5784

The story line Strange Observations , Avoid the Traps I can not get the achievement no matter what I do… Anyone else have this?

Posted by: Gnian.3862

Gnian.3862

I posted this on the main technical problem forum too, since I am not sure if its just HoT, or whole of Tyria.

BASICALLY,

Maps are closing in the midst of Meta events. I was doing a DS map and in the middle of MoM, the map closed, and everyone was ported to different other maps. So it was a wasted time of almost two hours trying to complete the Meta event. I believe this really discourages players to continue doing Meta events, if there is a chance that players will not be able to finish the event, no matter how good or successful it is. Even though the end reward chest for the DS map is extremely horrible, just getting those greens and yellow bags that give greens make us feel accomplished. So if even that is not provided to us, Heart of Thorn might be going downhill pretty fast in the future.

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Maps are closing in the midst of Meta events.

Confirmed.

This is so gamebreaking….. to waste the time of hundreds of people by pulling the rug out from beneath them for no apparent reason.

I just had this happen to me…. also in DS.

30 minutes left on the timer, about to complete the event…

Everyone got dumped into a different map where 0 progress was made.

Posted by: Unknown.3976

Unknown.3976

Maps are closing in the midst of Meta events.

Confirmed.

This is so gamebreaking….. to waste the time of hundreds of people by pulling the rug out from beneath them for no apparent reason.

I just had this happen to me…. also in DS.

30 minutes left on the timer, about to complete the event…

Everyone got dumped into a different map where 0 progress was made.

Same.

And it happened to me twice. Maps just shuts down, even with a healthy player count.