Issue Reports: Heart of Thorns [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Coekie.7029

Coekie.7029

I bought Heart of thorns couple days ago. When ever I go to the new map my game freezes randomly. It has never done that before and it only happens at the new Maguuma jungle map. I’currently started the prologue second mission but I had 3 freezes so far.

Posted by: histerico.6153

histerico.6153

I got the expansion yesterday and I’m having the same problem as some of these other people. Whenever discover something new of complete an event in the HoT maps the game freezes.

Posted by: Laivine.9308

Laivine.9308

Just logged in after the purchase of HoT and game freezes in the new maps and not in any other part of the game, randomly while playing and always when I discover a POI. Tried the 64-bit client as well, same luck.

Posted by: Magi.8643

Magi.8643

My game completely freezes whenever I discover something, or gain xp in Verdant Brink.
I’m also unable to complete Glider Basics while at the max amount of xp.

Same issues happens on both 32 bit and 64 bit versions for me other areas of the game are fine.

Posted by: Athieena.9658

Athieena.9658

I agree, I need a refund or somthing . This is insane people haveing the same problem and nothing is being doen about it. Need 4,294,967,295 more mastery points…

Posted by: Biohazard Crow.4215

Biohazard Crow.4215

Same as the many, many before me, I’m also having Issues in Verdant Brink area, full crash whenever i discover something or gain any XP
Needs fixing.

Biohazard Crow [RoF]
Merciless.ringoffire-gw2.com

(edited by Biohazard Crow.4215)

Posted by: NekoChan.7835

NekoChan.7835

I put this up already but here:

My gliding Basics says “Need 4,294,967,295 more mastery points to unlock this ability.”
I’m trying to train my Glider Basics. I had actually finished it, and the bar was (still is) full. The mastery point symbol next to it is white, and playing guild wars before, I know that I’m supposed to be able to click it and unlock it. My next mission needs gliding Basics completed to continue, and it also says i haven’t finished it yet.
I tried training something different from central Tyria, and that doesn’t seem to be training either.
This is definitely not just my computer, the issue shows up on all my PCs.
Looking up this issue on the internet, it seems all that comes up are page links that, at the bottom, say Missing: 4294967295. Not sure that’s related at all.
I’d like to know if this if anyone else has this issue, or if it’s even fixable.

Posted by: Firefly.6014

Firefly.6014

Some of the newer posters may not be aware but the issue has also been raised in this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Unable-to-Unlock-Basic-Glider-Mastery/page/3#post5955653 . Apparently they have figured out the problem and this should be addressed in an “upcoming build”.

Posted by: CADUS.3208

CADUS.3208

Add me to this long list please, I’m also having Issues in Verdant Brink area, video stops responding although i still have sound whenever i discover something or gain any XP.

If i had known I would have spent the money on dinner and a bottle of Jack …. much better experience IMHO.

Posted by: Sekhment.1529

Sekhment.1529

Add me to the list of not being able to unlock and open new waypoints without freezing. Please fix soon. Thanks

Posted by: Maxite.6102

Maxite.6102

I made the terrible mistake of trying to map Dragonstand on my ranger tonight. The first cycle was a success. As we’re all scurrying to grab hero points during the 15 minutes, the map crashes. We’re all booted to character select. We come back and everyone had a nice roll back costing all loot, mapping progresss, etc.

Oh well. Things happen. I did the next cycle. Completed the meta. Did hero point rush. Collected my map complete reward and waypointed out. Only to suddenly lose said rewards, and see dragonstand now listed at 97%.

Quite perturbed.

(edited by Maxite.6102)

Posted by: Evil Lord Onmyouji.4752

Evil Lord Onmyouji.4752

where is my 4000GEM?

2 days old idont receive

Evil Lord Onmyouji.4752

where is my 4000GEM?

2 days old idont receive

Evil Lord Onmyouji.4752

where is my 4000GEM?

2 days old i dont receive

Posted by: Hagisoma.3608

Hagisoma.3608

Hey, I bought HOT two days ago and I have the same proplem with not being able to discover anything new in Verdant Brink area… Everything freezes whenever I discover something or gain XP.

Posted by: Neferten.8139

Neferten.8139

I solved the the crashes when gaining exp by using the 64bit client. But I can’t still learn the basis gliding domain

Posted by: BrususPL.8795

BrususPL.8795

Same problem, freezes at new location.

Posted by: adriana.1069

adriana.1069

Same as me. Tried everything, reducing resolution, from drivers to testing my graphics and CPU for stability, reinstall the game few times with 32 and 64 bits client, no change. When i discover something new, achievement done or event completed, boom! Screen frozen forever… ONLY ON HOT MAPS. Rest is fine. Just bought expansion and this is happening. Not happy

Posted by: Skolarr.3962

Skolarr.3962

Same issue here. I freeze whenever I find something new or max out the bar at the bottom.

Posted by: Ridley.3691

Ridley.3691

Same here, freezes whenever I discover something in Verdent Brink.

Posted by: John Fuego.5634

John Fuego.5634

Just a quick update. Glider Basics problem resolved as of this moment.

The need for 4 billion mastery points is now gone.
Able to assign a mastery to Glide Basics and recycle the XP meter/bar.

Thank you ArenaNet.

- A Happy Tyrian Glider

(edited by John Fuego.5634)

Posted by: OUTLAWMECH.9214

OUTLAWMECH.9214

I Cannot LOG into My Account. I had MERGED the GW and GW2 on 1 EMAIL Account. And now it says I cant Access GW2 at all! The Patch was 2 days ago.
HELP
NATE

Posted by: Blaine.4719

Blaine.4719

Game client cant login into the game.

Posted by: Lady Azathoth.9683

Lady Azathoth.9683

Got the patch last night and played for hours without the game freezing. Thank you so much! Had a ball. No more sparkle-freeze!

Posted by: davpatgan.4567

davpatgan.4567

I am having trouble in verdant brink also and It affects all the other areas on my account, I have been unable to play any character in gw2 for most of the day

Posted by: Anijia.4701

Anijia.4701

HOT bug/issue ? yeah maybe. It’s just a more-than-two-years MF issues here :
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Timberline-Falls-Krewe-Leader-Dobbs-stuck/first

So get a trip to this thread and please say something that can rise a smile for us, please, please, please !

Posted by: Xirus.9675

Xirus.9675

Well I didn’t know this thread was a thing when I posted my original thread so here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Gliding-with-Bat-Tonic/first#post5960172

Any sufficiently advanced science and/or technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Posted by: royroiit.2687

royroiit.2687

I thought I wouldn’t have needed to type this, since others alsohad this problem, but apperantly I do. The Prologue is still bugged for me, 3 months after release! I did the Prologue on my guardian, with a friend, and it wasn’t my instance, so I never got to complete it. I got thrown out of the instance, but I have “Enter the Pact staging area.” checked. I am stuck on the story with my main character because of this!

Quit the episode, then click restart chapter. If that doesn’t work go to verdant brink entrance waypoint and walk back through the portal to SW.

I’ve already tried that, nothing works

Posted by: Sing Praise.4690

Sing Praise.4690

You just lost a long long time GW1 and GW2 player tonight. After 4150 hours – tried the last story episode – Hearts & Minds – it was SO BUGGY and full of stupid dps soaks combined with idiotic one-shot mechanisms and less than clear pathing and mechanics – coupled with very poor replay nodes… After 5 hours of utter frustration and 10 replays tonight, I can no longer stand to play ANY PART of this game any more.

So many good features in the overall game – but sheesh guys, the kitten story – you really bugged it up. Go see my bug reports. And what you won’t see is any more cash or time from me. Bye bye guildies – catch in another one by another game designer in the future…. Sing Out.

Posted by: Diablo.7586

Diablo.7586

I changed my pass so many times and still can’t login to gw….

davpatgan.4567

I have gone back to playing original guild wars game and beginning to regret buying ggw2 and heart of thorns at all . Not that arena net will care they’ve already had my money. Well they wont get any more from me. Or from others I hope. FOUR DAYS! AND NOT A WORD OF APOLOGY

Posted by: VortexNavigator.5348

VortexNavigator.5348

I have the Chronomancer elite specialty complete on my level 80 Mesmer. However,I can’t equip my character with the Chronomancer shield, because GW2 insists I still need the elite specialization. Looks like a bug . . . unless I’m missing some activation action I’m unaware of.

—VortexNavigator.5348

Posted by: Avelione.6075

Avelione.6075

I’m reposting because I just noticed this thread

I started playing Torn from the Sky 2nd time, this time with a human Scrapper and decided to do salvaging. It all went well until after meeting the possessed sylvari scout. I don’t manage to save him. We kill the guy and then we go to that hill marked green.
And… nothing happens… I watched a video on YT and it turns out that Agent Gunnard has to trigger. He never triggers, I walked around this salvage junk 10 times and he doesn’t react. :/
That’s not the first time that personal story elements don’t trigger for me :/ Any ideas?

Equality for the bulge! ^_^

(edited by Avelione.6075)

davpatgan.4567

What is going on at arena net are all the bug fixers on holiday? It has now been one week since I have been able to play GW2 or HoT. This is not why spent out on this game. How much longer Until we get a fix???

Posted by: volpenvieh.3201

volpenvieh.3201

Got stuck in combat after leaving one of the Exalted Armors in Auric Basin while I was apparently still in combat. Downstat did not resolve the issue and I didn’t want to die so I had to wait until the Octovine event was over to switch to character selection and thereby fix this.

Posted by: Mahonriancur.9462

Mahonriancur.9462

I am not able to turn our guild influence into guild favor so we can get our guild hall. Is the merchant going to be fixed? He keeps telling me that the content is disabled.

Posted by: KrMay.6354

KrMay.6354

A little suggestion that GM told me to post it at here (the forums)to let the developers see it.
It is a little wish to change hair style like skin.

Posted by: Locce.8405

Locce.8405

How long will it be until Hearts and Minds is finally fixed? The final fight takes ages and it is not really motivating when there are THREE flight phases each with a 50% for the updrafts to do nothing so that you just stay on the ground or awkwardly jump up and down until you die. I don’t know how many times I had to retry this fun-sucking nightmare because of that bug alone.

Posted by: Eires.7816

Eires.7816

Achievements -
Story Section – Torn From the Sky

Sylvari Solidarity doesn’t trigger on my human character even when in party with a Sylvari character who leads and opens the instance. It seems ridiculous to require a player to create a Sylvari character, level it to 80 and clear all the story up to this point simply for one achievement. Blocks the availability of a mastery point.

Conservation of Resources achievement is supposed to spawn a turret to be defended at the night phase of Metella’s route. The turret doesn’t spawn, and therefore there is nothing to protect making the achievement not achievable. Blocks the availability of a mastery point.

Posted by: WendyB.1650

WendyB.1650

When you update the game 40 times a day and then we lose in these 2 hour metas, because the freaking map merge or players get DC’d and cannot get back in. HoT really sucks. In DS all the way to the end spent an hour and a half getting there. On Islands have Mordremoth down to 25% . Over 100 players on map map closes. WTF. In TD all the way to the bosses. have them almost to takedown. Update comes in Map glitches we are standing in the beginning again. IN DS 10 min ago Almost to Mordremoth update comes in and players leave because map is updating. This is all in the last week!!!!! Hours wasted. Fix the Freaking thing and leave it alone. Update at a certain time of day only!!!!! unless the game is going to crash.

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

- Beat the HoT story for the first time just now.
- Got the rewards.
- The description for Victor’s Cache promises a vision crystal.
- No vision crystal inside.
- Not listed as a reward on the wiki either.

Way to lift my spirits and send them back to the ground within seconds, Anet! Just… fix the description. I’ll go back to farming Empyreal fragments, I guess.

Posted by: javar.3091

javar.3091

when i click to go in the game from my task bar, all i get is a whit screen, nothing else. what can i do to fix this , is it a issue with areanet?

Posted by: javar.3091

javar.3091

im haveing trouble geting into the game. when i click on gw2 from my task barall i get is a white screen and nothing else. is this a issue with areanet or whats going on . please help

Posted by: thewaterguy.4796

thewaterguy.4796

This has probably already been brought up but we still have NO word on it, Verdant Brink still has meta events that are stalling permanently during the day…

Posted by: Reminas.5641

Reminas.5641

That stupid portal at the end of Hearts and Minds that show the “exit to dragon stand” window everytime you run near it make me lose my achievement, now i want my achievement, after 1 hour for that extreme mode i can’t lose at the end for a portal that must not be there!

Posted by: Anders.4287

Anders.4287

I’m getting connection errors and I know its not my internet as everything else runs fine, it just seems to be GW2. This is a big reason as to why I’ve not played in awhile, it was fine until HoT honestly.

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I can’t get Scout Acan to talk to me. I tried logging in and out as suggested, but he still won’t talk to me.

Posted by: Timskwah.5802

Timskwah.5802

(This is in another thread too but seeing as Revenants are HoT content, here it is, in the HoT list)

Chaotic release (Revenant’s Herald’s elite skill if you activate the facet) got a new animation (on Charr males) which is pretty cool!
And then I looked at it, real close, after a friend told me to do so.
So uh… when you use that skill, it’s all fine, but at the end of the animation for a split second (on a male Charr) the entire upper body spazzes around, leaving some legs standing all by themselves.
Ninety percent sure this is not intended.

Posted by: Aristos.8026

Aristos.8026

I don’t know if Anet will read this but my story from the expantion bugged and I can’t either continue it or reset it. For this matter I have sent bug reports the past months but they got ignored. Also my guild chat broke and I cant see anything of it, also reported but a bit more recently, still though no one else seems to have that bug.

If any devs read THIS PLZ FIX THEM CAUSE IT IS ANNOYING

Posted by: msbehnke.3960

msbehnke.3960

Mac Client still crashing in WvW, more frequently in EB map. Also crashing when interacting with guild hall upgrade NPCs. Pre HoT never had an issues in wvw no matter how thick the blobs. Please fix.

Mathaais, Guardian [WolF] IoJ Commander