FAQ: Gem Store / BLTC / Trading Post

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Roax.3657

Roax.3657

Hello,

Incident: 120831-017920
(german ticket, was sent 08/31)

Same issue. I´m also not able to buy gems. Credit card and paypal aren´t working.

When using credit card – Card approval failed error.
When using paypal – An error occurred finalizing your purchase.

Thank you

Posted by: Balandar.2430

Balandar.2430

Still no dye packs or Gems this morning 9/6/2012. My inbox was 1/10 when I purchased them. Currently it’s 0/10. Nothing shows under purchase history.

Original Post:
“I bought 2 dye packs this morning [9/5/2012] between 8 AM and 10 AM [EST] and did not receive the dyes. I am still missing the 400 gems. The trading post went down for maintenance shortly after.”

The Honor Empire – Henge of Denravi
www.TheHonorEmpire.org

Posted by: Sangrivane.4360

Sangrivane.4360

ArenaNet, we need some very specific and detailed communication from you. We don’t need general platitudes about you are aware of the issue and will make it right. As you can see, some people are basically being told “Too bad” and that is obviously unacceptable. If the culprit is your “fraud protection” system then you need to discard it immediately because its a “business killing” system. Your system actually appears to be biased AGAINST long-time NCSoft customers! That’s insane!.

Here’s what we need:

- Acknowledgement from ArenaNet that you are aware of the issue and confirm you understand WHAT the problem is.
– Clear description of your intentions and plans to fix the problem in short order.
– Clear description of the ETA for the fix.

Posted by: Frankensoldat.3725

Frankensoldat.3725

Incident: 120901-012227

Cant buy any gems with credit card or paypal, since August 30th 2012…
Both are not working….

Posted by: Zero.1987

Zero.1987

Incident: 120827-011964

Guys, i have an update on this.

I submitted my ticket about not being able to make purchase (neither visa, AE or Paypal) on 27th Aug (10 days already).

Skip the details, after 3-4 emails back and forth, today i finally received an email from them acknowledging and being able to identify the problem. The cause of the problem is not from our side, i cannot make any purchase simply because i am flagged on their so call Risk Management System.

Funny thing is, having identify the problem they refuse to help me to correct it, instead, they “suggest” to me i should buy “another” copy of game from an online retailer…..

I have NOT violated any of the policy and they banned me from making purchase and refuse to undo the ban for no reason??? This is a total joke and totally unreasonable. I need some gems to unlock bank space that’s all, i cannot see myself continue playing this game and dealing with the stress on inventory space management.

Their reply word by word:

+ To protect our customers and their billing information, we have implemented a Payment Risk Management system to detect possible unauthorized transactions or account use. After reviewing your purchase attempts, I see that they are being flagged by the Risk Management system. This means that something about your purchase attempt is being perceived as high risk by our system.

After manually reviewing your purchase attempts, I see that they are displaying characteristics that are commonly found to be associated with high risk transactions. For that reason, your purchase attempts have been determined to be high risk by our system and you will be unable to complete your purchase at this time.

The only suggestions we may offer at this time is for you to attempt your purchase at a later date or to locate another authorized online retailer who has the game available for purchase.

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Regards,
Matt S.
NCsoft Payment Review +

I wrote back to state the fact that i have NOT violated any policy:

+ I have made a pre-purchase of the deluxe digital months before the game releases and this shows you how much support I have given to your company

Since I started playing I have not used any bot, I have not use and 3 rd party software (except VPN), I have not taken part in any of the known exploit.

I have not even farm gold on purpose ingame

Near two weeks after release I have 1 level 38 character, for which you can see I am progressing as a normal player should

I only have 1 gold in my account

I have 0 transaction using the trading post

I have not even sent or received any email with any player ingame, meaning it is impossible for me to be involved in any gold transfer activity +

This is totally crazy, i spent 10 days in trying to solve this, now that they know why but tells me to buy a new game?

If they do not solve this i have no choice but to try to ask for a refund because of this unfairness.

Hope the above give you an idea on what might have happened. Well, i am really disappointed and maybe you will be too. Best luck.

OMG if that is true do they even realize how many local state and federal commerce laws they are breaking …? the EULA doesnt protect that period ..

Trust me, they have the ticket record so obviously i am telling the truth. They now know my problem but as of now still has not helped me to remove the High Risk flag. After reading my ingame activities / facts i listed in my response to them, I hope they will do the right thing and exclude me from their “High Risk Crew” list.

After a bit more research it seems a lot of others with the same problem, once identified, they did immediately help them to remove their flags. So yeah, i am “a little upset”, how will you feel if you are me? Why am i being treated differently?

I am no expert in law but anyone with common sense will agree that they should help the normal players to fix this instead of suggesting us to buy a new copy, yeah right that should solve the problem, I may very well end up buying another copy and face the same problem!

My sister is an editor for a gaming magazine and she is asking me to forward her all the ticket responses so she can write about it and make fun of me O.o I told her i just want my bank space………haha.

Btw i notice my ticket was submitted earlier than most people here (27th Aug), you may still have to wait a bit longer…Oh i just read the latest game update, no mention of this 7 pages problem we have here? Really hope they get on top of this.

(edited by Zero.1987)

Posted by: Timebandit.3570

Timebandit.3570

same bought 4000 gems never recieved them been about 26 hours now put in a support ticket never got a responce.Bought them gems early morning on the 5th.

Posted by: DaleYYC.8395

DaleYYC.8395

Still not able to buy gems using either of my Visa cards or cash/credit through PayPal. Visa and my bank say that there is nothing being processed / declined.
120904-006931
It has now been 48 hours and I have not received any help from support.

Wynter

Posted by: DaleYYC.8395

DaleYYC.8395

Still not able to buy gems using either of my Visa cards or cash/credit through PayPal.
120904-006931
Updated
09/04/2012
It has now been 48 hours and I have not received any help from support.

Wynter

Posted by: Doebeln.8670

Doebeln.8670

I managed to buy gems, but never got them delivered. This was Sunday, I issued a ticket after half an hour, but still no reply from the support staff. And no gems either.

Bought 1600 gems for €20, PayPal, got receipts from both NCsoft and PayPal.

Ticket # 120902-009362

Thanks in advance

I’m quoting myself here, I just love to hear my own voice ^^

Well, Wednesday evening when I logged in my 1600 gems had finally arrived. I guess overseas delivery took some extra time. Immediately bought another bank slot and that worked just fine. Holding off further purchases until I see that fewer people have trouble with this.

Great game btw

Posted by: Bonita.2740

Bonita.2740

I bought 4k gems 2 days ago and they STILL haven’t arrived. Opened ticket, tried to ask several times on twitter but no replies whatsoever. The money has been deducted from my bank account so I’d appreciate if you can sort my gems out soon, thank you.
My ticket ref: 120906-000401

Posted by: Shioria.1642

Shioria.1642

have 0/10 Mails still missing my Dye Pack

Posted by: xvalkyrie.6742

xvalkyrie.6742

I deleted all mail, from both players and npcs, my mailbox is wholly empty, still missing the 2 dye packs I bought.
120903-002645

Valkyrie – [RMPG] Blackgate
Altaholic, can never have just one!

Posted by: Yavi.4038

Yavi.4038

Ticket # 120831-007680

I bought 800 gems ($10) bought a dye pack, did not receive it. When I didn’t receive it I figured it was broken, so I converted the rest to gold and got immediately banned for doing so it seems. My account was banned within minutes of converting the gems to gold. I watched my client close and pop up saying my account had be permanently terminated for buying gold or items with real world money.

I’ve also since put in tickets to get my account unbanned, without response for over 5 days now.

I’ve since been unbanned, however I do not have the item I bought. I’ve updated my ticket with the information as well. Just like to reiterate that I would like my dye pack or 200 gems credited to my account, thanks!

Posted by: Chimaeros.1960

Chimaeros.1960

Bought gems on Tuesday (9/4), no problem. Purchased one character slot – got it.

Tried to purchase a second character slot yesterday (9/5) – took my gems, no extra character slot.

Ticket # 120905-006237

Posted by: Morphic.7045

Morphic.7045

Also payed 800 gems for a character slot taking my total to 6 but never received the slot even though gems were still taken. Paid for gems with in game gold if this information is of any help.

Posted by: Fetzell.1097

Fetzell.1097

Primeval Armor Skin, 500 gems gone and no item 120902-009761

Posted by: Moohirim.9037

Moohirim.9037

i am still waiting on if i will get my 900 gems back that i lost on buying 3 dye packs and 1 mini’s pack, nothing on my support ticket at all from anet, i have a empty mailbox as well.
120905-004815

(edited by Moohirim.9037)

Posted by: Iampiano.1483

Iampiano.1483

120906-001111

Could you just mail me my armor skin until you fix this?

I really don’t like spending money and getting nothing in return.

Posted by: Gooch.3469

Gooch.3469

Incident 120904-009916 Like it matters
5 days and still can’t buy gems, this is absolute garbage.

Somebody above posted that supports response was to buy a new copy of the game?!?
How would that even help, as you would still be logging with the same account. Is it the game serial number that flags over these ridiculous “safeguards” or is the account??

All I can say is that this has really effected my enjoyment of the game in a bad way. I wish I never got added to this “bad boy list” for no apparent reason.

(edited by Gooch.3469)

Posted by: Chrono.2045

Chrono.2045

I have attempted to make a gem purchase for the past week and have been unable to do so. Upon placing my order, a credit card authorization error is displayed. This is displaying on multiple cards of different types. I have checked with my bank and credit card company and everything is nominal.

Any word on this issue? It’s almost as if my Guild Wars 2 account has been flagged to not accept gem purchases. I submitted a ticket in regards to this issue but just wanted to make sure I was heard and customer care is aware of it. I’m not the only one with this problem. Thanks guys.

Posted by: Elessar Iso.9675

Elessar Iso.9675

I can’t buy Gems either. I have all the time “Card Approval Failed.” It has never been worked.

[Incident: 120905-006670]

It is nice to be important but more important to be nice.

Posted by: Pitthound.6795

Pitthound.6795

I purchased the set of 5 keys back on 8-31-12, took my gems never got my keys. That same time I bought some bank tabs and exchanged for some gold too, but no keys ever showed up. Submitted tickets and everything but no responses.

Posted by: Cirah Ravenheart.9618

Cirah Ravenheart.9618

Yesterday I tried to buy 1600 gems ($20) on my credit card and it said the transaction failed. I checked my card online cause I knew I had funds and was confused and the transaction to NCSoft was there. I only tried once and didnt want to try again till I knew what was going on. I check today and I still have 0 gems and now I have THREE pending transactions on my credit card for $21.58 each (gems +tax). Not impressed. Im giving it a few days to see what actually posts before I get upset.

As for buying gems and turning them into gold, I dont plan to but reading this forum I cant understand why people are getting banned for it. I thought that was trading post game mechanics. So they are saying “Here you go, we are offering this service. Only one stipulation tho. If you actually USE it, you can never play your characters again”. Seriously? Makes me nervous about using Black Lion Trading ever again for ANYTHING. Dont wanna get banned for using in game services.

Posted by: Revenemberkageshiel.9043

Revenemberkageshiel.9043

Can’t buy gems through paypal or debit card. Card approval fail, an error occurred during the finalization of your order. Etc. Something along those lines.
[Incident: 120906-005931]

Posted by: Morrigan.9873

Morrigan.9873

120903-003243

Posted by: Ebon.5718

Ebon.5718

On Septemer 5th, I bought 800 gems and spent it on a character slot. I did not receive the character slot and have made a report in-game, through the ask a question support site, and now on this forum. I have yet to receive any response from the support team in any form.

Order number: 28525535
Order date: 9/5/2012

800 Gems

and Incident: 120905-005881 on the ask a question site.

(edited by Ebon.5718)

Posted by: legendrysayian.5849

legendrysayian.5849

me 2

cant buy anygems

ticket:120906-007312

Posted by: Frankensoldat.3725

Frankensoldat.3725

Incident: 120901-012227

Cant buy any gems with credit card or paypal, since August 30th 2012…
Both are not working….

Posted by: The Sphinx.4520

The Sphinx.4520

Same thing here. Bought 800 gems, spent 750 of them and got absolutely nothing in the mail – My mail box was empty at the time too. So what gives?

Been waiting 5 days now.

Posted by: Shadowfox.7801

Shadowfox.7801

Greetings, I’m on the Anvil Rock server. I spent 225 gems on 10 transmutation stones and never received the stones. I was on my character “Ukemi the Mighty” at the time of the transaction. The 225 gems disappeared from my account but no stones were ever received. This was about 4 days ago.

Posted by: Inekar.3710

Inekar.3710

Incident: 120905-005303

Bought twice 10 fine transmutation stones (wanted only once but click again due to lag) and didn’t receive them though Iost my gems.

Posted by: The Sphinx.4520

The Sphinx.4520

This is getting a bit silly – I’ve reported the issue in-game and in the support section (days ago now). I’ve even asked directly on Twitter. I understand support is quite swamped but this is a major issue if people are going to be paying real money for essentially nothing.

Has anyone actually had this issue resolved whatsoever?
And by this issue, I mean when the mailbox is not full and you are still not receiving any items that you’ve purchased.

Posted by: castiel.4182

castiel.4182

I’ve got the same “Card approval fail error” since yesterday. I could buy gems the days before though. I even bought 800 yesterday, but when I wanted more I had this error ever since..

Timebandit.3570

This ia abit off topic but dont i remeber going to lions arch on gw1 many years back where they were having a going away party for you gaile.

Posted by: Revenemberkageshiel.9043

Revenemberkageshiel.9043

It’s completely off-topic. Please only post issues here. If you want to talk about something else, then create a thread fitting for it. Better yet, in this situation; send him a PM.

Posted by: Legionnaire.8703

Legionnaire.8703

Bought gem twice, haven’t recieved any of them yet, getting reallykitten off.

Support numbers: 28525982 and 28526030

Timebandit.3570

Bought gem twice, haven’t recieved any of them yet, getting reallykitten off.

Support numbers: 28525982 and 28526030

alot of people seem to have not recieved their gems i bought 4000 about 34 hours ago still havent recieved them, though my credit card has been charged now.

Posted by: FaceLift.5312

FaceLift.5312

I got this reply saying that they will give me a 24 hour access period to purchase things on my account. But I still can’t buy anything… Visa card still getting “Cred Card Failed” Paypal still getting “Transaction Error”… and my 24 hrs are almost over…

120829-006992

Response GM Atheum via Email 09/05/2012 02:01 PM
Hello _,

Thank you for your patience while we reviewed your purchase attempts. I apologize for the delay in our response; we have an unusually high ticket volume with the launch of Guild Wars 2.

To protect our customers, we have implemented a Payment Risk Management System to detect possible unauthorized transactions or account use. This means that something about your transaction is being perceived as high risk by our system.

Although there is something about your transaction that is being flagged by our system, we have authorized your “________________” e-mail address to complete transactions for the next 24 hours. Please try your transaction again within the next 24 hours.

Often, these issues are temporary and you will not have the problem in the future. If you have this issue in the future, please let us know. We will be happy to review your transaction to determine if we can assist you with completing it again.

Regards,
Matt S.
NCsoft Payment Review

Posted by: NuDimon.3027

NuDimon.3027

This is getting a bit silly – I’ve reported the issue in-game and in the support section (days ago now). I’ve even asked directly on Twitter. I understand support is quite swamped but this is a major issue if people are going to be paying real money for essentially nothing.

And by this issue, I mean when the mailbox is not full and you are still not receiving any items that you’ve purchased.

Been many days for me as well. My mail was never full at anytime either. And I always clean out my inventory. Since there’s real money involved I’m getting prettykitten to be honest. I’ve payed for the digital version on their site and 5800 gems. With that amount of money I do feel that I deserve to get this fixed just as fast as the people that have gotten their accounts hacked etc…

Posted by: Bonita.2740

Bonita.2740

Been many days for me as well. My mail was never full at anytime either. And I always clean out my inventory. Since there’s real money involved I’m getting prettykitten to be honest. I’ve payed for the digital version on their site and 5800 gems. With that amount of money I do feel that I deserve to get this fixed just as fast as the people that have gotten their accounts hacked etc…

Hear Hear! Same here. 2 days since I bought my gems and after “spamming” twitter I got a reply with “have you submitted a ticket?”. Urr yeah ofc. As you said, this is real money we’re talking about. We should be seen just as much as the ppl who’ve been hacked or those who ask simple things like “hurr durr where do I enter to pvp” and get replied to instantly.

Posted by: Hydrox.9761

Hydrox.9761

Ticket Number120905-009805

Every time I go to buy Gems its telling me Card Approval Failed I have purchased gems before not sure why its not letting me now .

Posted by: Maikel.8153

Maikel.8153

It is interesting and we Gems assessed all the same or not? And the money’s gone and Gems havent who have day one else.

Posted by: Kuroi Tsubasa.8120

Kuroi Tsubasa.8120

Bought a character slot a day ago, still only have 5 slots. Gems were deducted too. Gems bought with in game gold if it matters.

Posted by: Nunchuck.5398

Nunchuck.5398

I am unable to purchase gems anymore with any type of payment. It has been 3 days.
Approval failed.

Incident: 120905-001198

Posted by: Kish.7802

Kish.7802

Ticket: 120905-001625

Was able to buy gems, then not buy, gems. Submitted ticket and the next day I could buy gems, now I cannot…

Posted by: zerosum.7513

zerosum.7513

120902-013?898

I submitted a ticket about not being able to buy gems and was given the following suggestions (they don’t seem all that helpful):
“— Use a different Internet browser
— Try from a different computer
— Adjust your security settings
— Make sure that Java script is enabled”

Posted by: Makol.8726

Makol.8726

Made my ticket six days ago, got a response a few hours ago with no new update/reply…

Both my PayPal and Credit Card are having issues.

Incident Number: 120829-011103

Got a reply saying my account would be able to make purchases for the next 24 hours…

Well that isn’t the case. I am still having errors. This is really getting ridiculous. I am very disappointed in the support being given for this issue.

Posted by: Kish.7802

Kish.7802

NOTE: I Have not been able to buy gems in 4000 gem increments. But I just tried the 1600 gems option and IT WORKED twice in a row.

Try selecting a smaller quantity, maybe you’ll be fortunate as I have.

P.S. Game is amazing, loving every thing about it and I feel launch has been fairly successful. Sorry for any issues people are facing; I’m sure things will continue to smooth out and errors are being debugged.

Keep up the great work ArenaNet and NC Interactive.

Posted by: NuDimon.3027

NuDimon.3027

Bank capacity upgrades.

I wrote support about this over a week ago; I am sure it is a very low priority item.

Reading other posts, I and many players want to purchase increased bank space. It is not offered anywhere within the Gem Store that I can find.

You buy bank slots inside the bank UI.

Posted by: Omega.9871

Omega.9871

I submitted a ticket on 9/3 and haven’t heard back.

Incident #: 120903-009621

Here is the issue:

I purchased 1600 gems with my credit card in two separate transactions (800 gems each transaction). The first time I purchased 800 gems, I used it to obtain a new character slot and that worked immediately. The second time I purchased 800 gems and tried to obtain another character slot, it didn’t work. I don’t see 7 character slots but only 6. I should have 7.