Issues with the guild system: please post here [MERGED]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Yamato Shinobi.4378

Yamato Shinobi.4378

World: Darkhaven
Guild: The Blue Legion [BLUE]

[CONFIRMED]

Confirmed from Divinity’s Reach that I now can access the Guild Stash, and I was able to deposit/withdraw (items / coin) from multiple characters on the same account.

[BUG]

In the guild log, it doesn’t KEEP the name of the character who made prior deposits/withdrawals. So for example, Character X deposited 1 silver and withdrew Bone Chips, then Character Y withdrew 50 copper and deposited Globs of Goo. The GUILD LOG shows all historical transactions with only Character Y’s name. All of previous entries with other Character’s Names (Like Character X) were overwritten in the logs).

Besides fixing the above:
Perhaps have sortable columns in the log. Column 1 = Account Name Column 2 = Character’s name. Also ad column for Transaction Date/Time.

This to me makes the most sense for log usefulness.

(edited by Yamato Shinobi.4378)

Posted by: Samkitz.7596

Samkitz.7596

World: Northern Shiverpeaks.

Divinity’s Reach: Does not work. (All guild related npc’s)
Divinity’s Reach: Mail was sent fast
Lions Arch: Works (All guild related npc’s)
Lions Arch: Mail sent fast
Black Citadel: Works (All guild related npc’s)
Black Citadel: Mail sent fast

Hope this helps

Posted by: Swimchamp.8407

Swimchamp.8407

Guild: Blacklisted [BGC]
Server: Dragonbrand (NA)
Guild Leader: Swimchamp

Our guild randomly disappeared early in the morning on 9/11 (ironic date right right? lol jk. my love goes out to all those affected by the tragedy). We were unable to see the guild listed in our G window, nor were we tagged up or able to talk in guild chat. The guild was completely fine when we went to bed the night before. We had no change, nor did we try to xfer servers. The guild just randomly vanished. I hope to see this resolved soon.

Posted by: joebane.5872

joebane.5872

ok and for those of us that have had our guilds disappear completely? any ideas at all?

Obviously this is a serious concern also. I assume that if you move from map to map, your guild doesn’t re-appear?

Foo on Yak’s has tested this and tried in lots of areas of the map, in none of those cases has it changed anything for the users that can’t see the guild in the guild window. We have an alt guild which we can see, but not the primary. It’s dissapeared for all but a few users and I’ve ported to where they were, closed the game then logged back in, and the issue persists.

Joebane – Yak’s Bend
Foo Guild – www.fooguild.com

Posted by: Playdoh.2497

Playdoh.2497

Obviously this is a serious concern also. I assume that if you move from map to map, your guild doesn’t re-appear?

-No, I have moved around to multiple zones and everyone on vent says the guild is completely gone.

Posted by: Benoc.8047

Benoc.8047

ok and for those of us that have had our guilds disappear completely? any ideas at all?

nope, in fact when i open the guild page with G it is blank, the only thing there is “what is a guild” and the guild register button. the other leader is also seeing the same thing. so for all intents and purposes right now our guild doesnt exist

Posted by: KitKat.1695

KitKat.1695

Thank you again for all of your information. I’ll follow up with the people working on it and will give you an update today (today meaning today Seattle time).

Any news on the outright missing guild where we have needed to recreate and start from scratch, after using tons of influence and research time?

Posted by: Snootch.7802

Snootch.7802

As of last night most if not all of our members can’t access the guild bank. It says we need to be in a guild yet.. we are. Anything we can do to get it back? Is this known? Thanks.

Posted by: Raskrial.5893

Raskrial.5893

Ok, so we think we know what the problem is but need your help to prove it.

Warning : this is a bit technical.

The way it works is that each map (eg “Queensdale on Stormbluff Isle”) keeps a connection to the guild server. We think that for some maps, this connection is getting broken, so you can’t represent your guild when you’re in that map.

In order to help us test this, please move to a few different maps and try representing your guild when in each one. So move from Queensdale to Divinity’s Reach to Lion’s Arch and just keep trying.

There’s another test you can do – when in each map, try sending an ingame mail to another player. If it takes a long time (about 20 seconds), the map has lost its connection to the guild server.

Basically, what we’d like to hear is:

• It doesn’t work on map XXX on server YYY (eg “Queensdale on Stormbluff Isle”)
  • And then it did work on map AAA on server BBB (eg “Divinity’s Reach on Stormbluff Isle”)
  • Mail was really slow to send on map XXX and fast on map AAA

If you could give me some info like that, that would be a massive help!

I hear your pain and we really want to fix this quickly. Your info will help us do that.

Cheers,
Cam

guild : unhuman
tag: UH
world : jade quarry

traveled all arround every major cities and and region that i had a waypoint in. In any case, Guild panel was still empty was still guildless. tried heart of the mist too, but useless.

as for email, all email sent to friends was receives under 3sec.

Yamato Shinobi.4378

[BUG]

Cannot drag using ALT Key for partial amount of stacked material between Character Inventory <> Guild Stash.

Posted by: CameronDunn.6473

Previous

CameronDunn.6473

Studio Tech Director

Next

Any news on the outright missing guild where we have needed to recreate and start from scratch, after using tons of influence and research time?

We’ll look up your guild specifically and make sure that it still exists (even if you can’t get access to it at the moment).

Posted by: joebane.5872

joebane.5872

We’ll look up your guild specifically and make sure that it still exists (even if you can’t get access to it at the moment).

How abour ours too

Foo
Yak’s Bend
Joebane

Joebane – Yak’s Bend
Foo Guild – www.fooguild.com

Posted by: neonblueshadow.8592

neonblueshadow.8592

World: Borlis Pass
Guild: Stark Raving Sane [SRS]

Our guild is unable to deposit or withdraw any items from the guild bank. This problem started 2 days ago ( with exception to an attempt made yesterday during the afternoon PST, which worked when depositing and withdrawing items):

When attempting to deposit an item, the item will vanish from the character inventory, but not appear in the guild stash. Approximately half a day later it randomly reappears in the character inventory, or it will appear in the guild bank.

When attempting to withdraw, the item in the guild stash cannot be moved at all.

Yamato Shinobi.4378

A Bit Offtopic but.. While you’re at it.

In the Guild Vault Window, do you think you can add a tab for the Character’s BANK as well (included with VAULT & LOG) on left-hand side?
Beneficial to assist in transfers between character’s bank and guild vault <>

Also, Ability for guild to purchase a CRAFTING SLOT (like in our Character’s Bank, but for guild use) would also be very beneficial.

Ya way off topic. Let them sort the bugs first please. There is a section for this.

Ohhhhhhhh Correction. You CAN access your Character’s Bank from the Guild Vault Window. You just have to go to where it says ‘Inventory’ at the top left and with the dropdown select ‘Account Vault’.
Not necessarily clear, but oh well!
→ Does not include the CRAFTING section of the Account Vault for the character. That would be welcome.

Posted by: Playdoh.2497

Playdoh.2497

Can you see if “Retired Saviors of Azeroth” [HUGS] on Fort Aspenwood still exists please?

Posted by: Raskrial.5893

Raskrial.5893

Unhuman still missing too.

thx Cam for taking time to give us feedback to all of us on what’s going on since missing guilds is a major issue for us players.

hope you’ll find soon enough what’s going on with that.

Posted by: datus.4187

datus.4187

Same problem. Guild doesn’t appear at all no matter what map I’m on.

Server: Ferguson’s Crossing
Guild name: Kingdom of Aragon [KoA]

Been waiting for some resolution since 10am this morning (eastern time). Guild has been guild-less all day and we’re pretty bummed.

Thanks for you help Cam!

Posted by: Heru Ur.8390

Heru Ur.8390

Server: Anvil Rock (US)
Guild: Knights Of The Crimson Legion (KCL)
Leader: Tiana Whisperwind

So I got the guild armorer contract for my guild recently, and this morning I went to the Guild Armorer to buy some guild armor, but the NPC in Divinity’s Reach said I had to be apart of a guild. I was currently representing. I logged off then back on several times only to get the same message. I clicked on the stand down button in the guild window and tried to re-represent, but now I can’t represent with my Main character Tiana Whisperwind. All my other alts are still listed as members of the guild, but they too cannot access the Guild Armorer in their respective home cities. What’s happening here? I really want some guild armor to show off to the rest of the Anvil Rock server.

Try teleporting to another region and representing again. That is how I fixed my inability to represent, but those guild NPC’s still won’t work.

Thanks, first help I’ve gotten so far. Really annoying can’t use the Guild Armorer. I was really looking forward to seeing my colors fly.

Posted by: DrEvilbones.1082

DrEvilbones.1082

My guild has also been completely missing all day.

Server: Yak’s Bend
Guild: Hyperteam Duder Island Force Go
Leader: Me (DrEvilbones.1082)

About 8 or so people that I have contact with outside the game also can not see it. Moving zones does not make a difference. Mail works perfectly fine for everyone.

I hope we haven’t lost our guild progress. :-(

Posted by: Scottie de.8579

Scottie de.8579

How do you look up your guild to see if it still exists ?

Posted by: KitKat.1695

KitKat.1695

Great, any idea what we should be doing now? In the meantime, or a timeline on resolution?

Posted by: DirtyBooze.2581

DirtyBooze.2581

Wonderful, could you please take a moment to check mine, Warhost [WOG] on the Tarnished Coast server, owner is DirtyBooze.2581 I’m in a similiar position that KitKat is it would seem and for about 13 days now.

I’m pretty sure the guild is still there as when I tried to make another guild with it’s exact name on the day it disappeared I was informed that it was already in use. But none of my members see it on their guild lists.

Update: at 12:15am CST My guild Warhost [WOG] just shown up after being gone for almost 2 weeks! Hope it stays that way, will keep you updated! Thank you so much!

Update: at 1:33am CST Guild members are having a problem with representing, they represent then they are automatically unrepresented for unknown reasons. They seem to be able to re-represent when they try to, and switching areas has been helping.

(edited by DirtyBooze.2581)

Posted by: Unlife.3450

Unlife.3450

at the start of the day my fiance, my brother and sister in law and myself were in a guild I created The Shadowguard [TSG] on underworld. however on logging in today none of us are in the guild, I used my tome of influence on that guild and we worked to getting our guild vault (i know this isnt a big deal to some big guilds but for 4 people it was a great deal to us) please could we just be put back into our guild that we have been working on since launch.

please help.

Posted by: TheOtherGuy.7139

TheOtherGuy.7139

Seems like any user that was logged on since last night (a couple EU and night owls) were still in the guild, but as soon as they relogged they no longer see themselves in the guild. Tried in various maps (including HoM and WvW maps) and no luck seeing the guild in any of them, mail works in all zones with no problems.

A check on ours would also be nice.

Guild – Maven [MVN]
Server – Blackgate

Posted by: testpig.5018

testpig.5018

issues with guild system:

-can’t easily join partys from the guild roster.
-can’t easily tell with a visual who has a guild party
-can’t remove someone from the part when they log off
-can’t easily see where your fellow guild mates are on the mini-map/world map(would love to be able to see guild members as a different color DOT then group members.. perhaps a brown dot?)
-please allow warbands to be formed for more then 5 players, with all their dots showing up in blue.
-Guild Wars 2, honestly feels more like 5-man Wars.

Posted by: AreTeeMiss.8032

AreTeeMiss.8032

My guild is stuck in the same situation as well. No other issues other than it randomly disappearing. Just hoping it didn’t disappear forever; starting from scratch would be a bummer!

Guild: Peace Team [PeT]
Server: Isle of Janthir

Posted by: Valkara.2873

Valkara.2873

My guild: REINCARNATE (REIN) on Fort Aspenwood, has also disappeared…can we be added to the list to be looked at, please?

I see we are not the only ones…so will be anxiously awaiting any news on this issue?

We’ve been working hard on influence and upgrades…and we miss our guildies! Thanks in advance for a resolution!

Posted by: Lillith.5724

Lillith.5724

Guild Name: Spank Reunited on Yak’s Bend server NA. Built a 5% influence for PVE for 24 hours and is showing a countdown for the timer to use on a guildies G screen, but not for mine as Guild Leader. Nor is it showing in use on UI screen as a buff for either me or my guildie.

UPDATE: Appears to be working now Much thanks!

Lillith Flame – Norn Ranger
Guild Leader: Spank Reunited
Yak’s Bend Server

(edited by Lillith.5724)

Posted by: Conno.8950

Conno.8950

OK, been a little busy to log on this last few days due to a robbery, but had friends and guildmates call up telling me that they arent in the guild anymore, so i finally get the chance to log on and apparently the guild doesnt exsist anymore, The guild name was Shendis Spirit (SOS), we had it in ALL the BWE’s so if you guys could fix this it would be good as we had a bunch of upgrades ect

Posted by: Mouse.1945

Mouse.1945

My small guild is missing. One guild officer reports that it exists and they are the only listed member. I myself was the creator and leader of the guild. We were going to get the Guild Stash today too. :<

Guild – Tangram Rabbit
Primary Server – Maguuma

Posted by: DEDEN.2870

DEDEN.2870

My friends and I put together a small guild on Ehmry Bay just for the fun of it. We’ve been building influence and unlocking things here and there, but have recently moved to Gates of Madness to play with other friends.

Fair enough the guild’s influence doesn’t carry over to the new world, but the guild itself has also disappeared. No-one can access it from anywhere — including a member who stayed on Ehmry Bay.

Attempting to create a new one with the same name, prompts the user with an error message saying that the name is already in use.

If at all possible can you add “Spunk” (SPU) to the list of guilds to look into?

Posted by: gorb.5608

gorb.5608

Our guild The Knightwatch [KW] has been all over the world and nobody has been able to connect to the guild functions.

Posted by: datus.4187

datus.4187

If you search the web, you’ll find this issue of guilds vanishing has been going on for at least a week now. Please, could we have some resolution on this? This is a serious drawback for many of us.

Thank you.

gorb.5608

A guild member who plays late night just logged into Mumble and said around 4 AM PST last night he saw the guild name change from [KW] to [MIZ]. Don’t know if that will be helpful or not, but I thought I would relay the information.

gorb.5608

If you search the web, you’ll find this issue of guilds vanishing has been going on for at least a week now. Please, could we have some resolution on this? This is a serious drawback for many of us.

Thank you.

I sincerely hope this isn’t the case for all of us.

Posted by: Chaster Sharpshooter.3640

Chaster Sharpshooter.3640

And, I think the problem lies during the guild server d/ced. Prior before our guild disappared, we did notice a big guild chat lag, followed by people who logged in after that seeing that they are in the guild, but they are the only one in it, and soon, the guild tags changed from SoS to Inc, and after that, when they tried to re-log, the entire guild entry vanished from their list.

Here’s something that I’ve tested while my guild disappeared completely

And found something interesting …

YOU CAN CREATE A GUILD WITH EXACTLY THE SAME NAME (WTF)

yeah, so in my case, my guild name was Survivor of Searing [SoS]

When it disappeared, I can go and make one with exact same name

but what happens next is that you’ll be in a guild, with three ranks, all has no permissions other than edit rank name enabled, and of course, you are the only one in there.

So what I’m guessing is something happened in the Database with duplicated guild names?

PS: my guild currently has several members across different worlds, not sure if this will help you identify the problem.

PS2: although this guild was first created on Sea of Sorrows, but then most of us moved to Kaineng, and the majority of upgrades were done over there.

PS3: Don’t tell me this is one of those 9/11 attacks? XD

Hope this information helps.

But, yeah, a guild size of 450 members vanishing like this … it’s fun yet terrifing

“To learn is what I need, to teach those who needs to learn is my duty …”
Chaster the Scarred – Leader of [SoS] Guilds
Server: Kaineng | Recruitment Status: Open

Posted by: JnRD.1509

JnRD.1509

I am a member (leader level) of a very small guild on Crystal Desert, called Inngeeks [PI]. Last night we could not Represent with newly created characters. Today I am representing with one of my toons that already was representing, but I cannot interact with the Guild Bank. I still cannot toggle the Represent button for my newly created toon. The Guild Banker tells me I need to join a Guild to interact. I see that there are a lot of people with this issue already, and figured I would join the chorus, at least for your information gathering purposes. I was last able to access the Guild Bank on Sunday Sept 9th (until about 9pm PST), when I both withdrew items and deposited crafted food items for my Guild Mates.

Posted by: Jaxx.5984

Jaxx.5984

My guild is in the same boat, Scouts of Tyria [SoT] on Yak’s Bend, it’s not even listed for me under the guild list, but a secondary one is.
On the secondary I can represent it in some maps but not others. For example able to represent the secondary, Servants Of Fortuna Alliance [SoFA], in Kessex Hills, but not in Queensdale or Divinity’s Reach.

Posted by: Tanaquil.9314

Tanaquil.9314

Restoration Reborn (RISE) guild on Tarnished Coast server – seems everyone (or at least everyone I’ve spoken to) has been removed from the guild by a bug, most definitely not by the guild leaders.

gorb.5608

It seems like we’re dealing with perhaps two different issues. One issue is people are losing connection to the Guild Server in different zones, the other issue is that guilds have apparently been “disbanded”.

Posted by: Anunaki.6389

Anunaki.6389

Guild: Dysfunktional Chaos
Server: Anvil Rock

I just started the guild but I can’t do ANYTHING with it. It gave me only edit ranks rights but I can’t edit any ranks at all other then rename. That is only an option outside a major city. I have not tried to invite but I suspect I can’t since I can’t give myself invite rights even. All the boxes are uncheckable.

edit: I did try an invite and it seemed to go out, but I don’t want to start up too much if I can’t even do anything with the guild. Any ideas?

(edited by Anunaki.6389)

Posted by: Schmoopies.5241

Schmoopies.5241

Played all day, checked the guild tab at various points, and still no guild. I still wonder why our one member could still see us all on the roster and check the guild bank (obviously the rest of us couldn’t), but the guild name was somehow changed?

Guild: Blacklisted
World: Dragonbrand

Amare et sapere vix deo conceditur.

Necromancer

gorb.5608

Another guild member mentioned to me that he was invited to another guild, so perhaps it’s not just a display issue. Again the guild is The Knightwatch [KW].

Posted by: wisprr.4612

wisprr.4612

Guild: Lightsworn Order [LsO]
Server: Tarnished Coast

Issue:
The guild I have created is gone, other members also have the same problem. Certain other members tell me that the Order is gone but they are still in other guilds. I have tried to recreate the guild, but it tells me that the name is already taken.

Honestly, I am hoping this is only a temporary issue, but am prepaired to create it again and start from scratch if necesary. I have sent in a support ticket as well.

Posted by: SinTheta.5814

SinTheta.5814

I hit the represent button and it does not work. I thought, maybe it’s lagged. I sat there… waited… waited some more, pressed the button a thousand times and nothing.

Maybe this information has something to do with my problem.

I joined a guild on a server and represented them (it worked). I transfered to another server without leaving the guild. I got invited to another guild and wanted to represent them since im on a new server now. I didn’t want to leave the other guild.

I’ve also unrepresented the first guild and am trying to represent the 2nd.

Posted by: CameronDunn.6473

Previous

CameronDunn.6473

Studio Tech Director

Next

There’s 2 issues being discussed in this thread : I’m going to talk about the guilds which have totally gone missing.

We found (and fixed) a bug with a number of different guilds which were causing them to no longer be available. This probably isn’t going to fix every broken guild, but it should fix a lot of them.

For people in this situation please check their guilds and let me know whether they’ve been fixed or not. You can PM me or respond to this thread.

Sorry about this, it’s really important to me that we fix this – I promise that we’re on it.

Cam

Posted by: Lillith.5724

Lillith.5724

Server: Yak’s Bend
Guild: Spank Reunited
Able to access the guild bank in LA but not in Hoelbrak…says I have to join a guild to use the services o.O LOL

Lillith Flame – Norn Ranger
Guild Leader: Spank Reunited
Yak’s Bend Server

Posted by: edenLOL.7061

edenLOL.7061

There’s 2 issues being discussed in this thread : I’m going to talk about the guilds which have totally gone missing.

We found (and fixed) a bug with a number of different guilds which were causing them to no longer be available. This probably isn’t going to fix every broken guild, but it should fix a lot of them.

For people in this situation please check their guilds and let me know whether they’ve been fixed or not. You can PM me or respond to this thread.

Sorry about this, it’s really important to me that we fix this – I promise that we’re on it.

Cam

Just logged in, still can’t see my guild
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks
Guild name: Fates Atrophy [Fate]
Character name: Warhooves

Posted by: Ghuzbrum.8592

Ghuzbrum.8592

CameronDunn.6473

What about guilds with missing permissions to do anything as Leaders, it looks like it’s issue that you totally don’t care about and leave it for some later time?

gorb.5608

Cam

The Knightwatch [KW] on Jade Quarry still does not work. Multiple Guild members logged in and out , zoned, etc. Still no luck.

(edited by gorb.5608)