Issues with the guild system: please post here [MERGED]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: DrEvilbones.1082

DrEvilbones.1082

There’s 2 issues being discussed in this thread : I’m going to talk about the guilds which have totally gone missing.

We found (and fixed) a bug with a number of different guilds which were causing them to no longer be available. This probably isn’t going to fix every broken guild, but it should fix a lot of them.

For people in this situation please check their guilds and let me know whether they’ve been fixed or not. You can PM me or respond to this thread.

Sorry about this, it’s really important to me that we fix this – I promise that we’re on it.

Cam

I just logged in to check mine as well and it’s still missing. :-(

My info again:

Server: Yak’s Bend
Guild: Hyperteam Duder Island Force Go [DÜDR]
Leader: Me (DrEvilbones.1082)

Thanks to you and the rest of the team for your work on this.

Posted by: Norns.5837

Norns.5837

There’s 2 issues being discussed in this thread : I’m going to talk about the guilds which have totally gone missing.

We found (and fixed) a bug with a number of different guilds which were causing them to no longer be available. This probably isn’t going to fix every broken guild, but it should fix a lot of them.

For people in this situation please check their guilds and let me know whether they’ve been fixed or not. You can PM me or respond to this thread.

Sorry about this, it’s really important to me that we fix this – I promise that we’re on it.

Cam

I just logged in to check on this. I switched characters & maps to make sure, but it’s still missing.

The Lumpy Pumpkin [Kina]
Ferguson’s Crossing

Norns Wolfdragon
The Lumpy Pumpkin [Kina]
Fergie’s Crossing

Posted by: Chaster Sharpshooter.3640

Chaster Sharpshooter.3640

Cam

450 members tried and still not showing.
World: Kaineng
Guild: Survivor of Searing
Tag: SoS

Edit> when I’m trying to join another guild, I got the following error:

Network Error

Please check your Internet connection and try again.
(Code=3040:1002:3:1930:101)

“To learn is what I need, to teach those who needs to learn is my duty …”
Chaster the Scarred – Leader of [SoS] Guilds
Server: Kaineng | Recruitment Status: Open

(edited by Chaster Sharpshooter.3640)

CameronDunn.6473

What about guilds with missing permissions to do anything as Leaders, it looks like it’s issue that you totally don’t care about and leave it for some later time?

I’ve said in my previous post, apparently guild making does not reject existing guild names.

In other words, if you created a guild named Survivor of Searing (which is my guild), you are able to make such a guild, however, you’d have 3 ranks with no permission at all

So I’m guessing what happened is that you have just created a guild that already exist. Please try another guild name.

Posted by: Cirah Ravenheart.9618

Cirah Ravenheart.9618

Cam

I am the GL of a guild called League of Satirical Travelers [LoST] on Jade Quarry and I posted in here this morning regarding the inability to see our guild. I have checked with my members after getting home this evening and none of us are yet able to access our guild. We are not sure whether to keep leveling our characters since there is no way to know if we are still gaining influence for our guild. I was unable to recreate the guild so I am assuming that it still exists, we just cant see it anymore. Please fix!

Update: It is now 1:50pm PST on the 12th and still no guild. Did somebody give Cameron the day off? Please fix and tell the devs we need an option to auto-decline guild invites cause they are annoying! I just want mine back intact. Thank you!

Cirah Ravenheart
League of Satirical Travelers [LoST]
Jade Quarry

(edited by Cirah Ravenheart.9618)

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Guild: I am the Lizard Queen
Tag: Rhcp
Server: Stormbluff Isle

Participating in events etc isn’t rewarding any influence despite being the leader/representing the guild.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Posted by: Zatasha.6958

Zatasha.6958

We’re a bit confused about Influence.
We have a small guild consisting only of family members and close friends, an “IRL” Guild if you want. So it’s easy to keep track of who does what.
Yesturday, I used my Tome of Influence and the 1000 Influence showed up like it should.
However, for the rest od the day as we played we got no Influence at all – I logged in today and it was still the same ammount and nothing had showed up on the History tab either since the tome was used.
Now it seems to be working again as we did get Influence by logging in, but what about all we did yesturday?
I can’t find anything about any Influence cap, so what happened? :/

Posted by: Dari.3409

Dari.3409

This is for the guild The Divine Conspiracy on the Crystal Desert world.

While I am leader atm, I can queue up upgrades on one character, but I cannot actually use any of the upgrades. Right now, that’s with the Guild Emblem Template.

In addition, when I’m logged onto an alt, that alt appears to not consider itself representing any guild, but hitting the Represent button does nothing.

Lastly, upon doing one of the quests, I received an item that added 400 Influence. A couple of days after that, I took the Tome of Influence out of my mail and it will not let me use it saying that I have already used it.

Law of Inverse Need-more you need an item, less likely it is to drop. Guaranteed to drop if absent.

Posted by: Zeneroth.8094

Zeneroth.8094

My guild still missing as well. Been almost a day already. Hopefully this will get fixed soon.
Name : Sendathi
Tag : SIN
world : Yak’s Bend

there was a new build, and I was excited

but after the new build, I’m disappointed =\

still no sign of our guild.

Posted by: TheOtherGuy.7139

TheOtherGuy.7139

Sounds like no sign of our guild either after the patch.

Posted by: ThorOfAsgard.5709

ThorOfAsgard.5709

Letter of Commendation did not give my guild the 400 influence. What gives?

Guild: Care Buddy

World: Sanctum Of Rall

Posted by: AshenShugar.2635

AshenShugar.2635

A guild member and I have been doing events together to gain influence with our guild. Sometimes while we are playing together and both complete an event we earn no guild influence for the guild. Not even the 2 influence normally awarded for completing events. We are both representing the guild and when I mouse over our character names in the guild list it reads that we are both level 0. Also sometimes when we are playing together in the same zone one of us completely disappears for a short period of time. Their character portrait blacks out during this time.

Posted by: Cable Chef.1802

Cable Chef.1802

Server: Maguuma
Guild: Emporium
Tag: Emp

Logged in after the patch. still no guild.

Posted by: Reynardus.8150

Reynardus.8150

Hello,

Our guild is still missing:

Guild: Silver Wolves
Tag: SW
World: Ring of Fire
Leader Name: Lucas Farrell (username: Reynardus.8150)

Please look into this.

Posted by: Kaas.3807

Kaas.3807

Hello,

Our guild is still completely missing. Going to another region does not resolve the problem. Other members have the same problem.

Plese fix this, it is influencing my game play experience in such a way that i’m thinking about finding another game to play.

Guild: The Knights Of Armoured Assault [KAA]
Tag: KAA
World: Ruins of Surmia [EU]
Leader Name: Kaas De Grote (username: Kaas.3807)

Posted by: Jaxx.5984

Jaxx.5984

Cam

I just relogged again after the patch and checked a couple of other characters on my acct, but still no guild. Also another member logged in for the first time today after the last build and he also couldn’t see the guild.

The guild info is:
Guild: Scouts of Tyria [SoT]
Server: Yak’s Bend
Leader: Jaxx Skraxis (Jaxx.5984)

Thank you.

Posted by: pluto.7498

pluto.7498

There’s another issue being discussed too, the one with missing permissions for guild leaders. The only permission my guild has is Edit Ranks.

Guild: Mechanism Engine
World: Ring of Fire

Posted by: jenniferfleur.3721

jenniferfleur.3721

Cam

Our guild remains unfixed: Final Haven [FH] on Blacktide EU.

Posted by: poymode.6250

poymode.6250

There seems to be a problem with queued upgrades not showing. Isle of Janthir server.

But all seems well in World Vs World

Posted by: Kaideus.4329

Kaideus.4329

Having big problems with my guild aswell.
Yesterday when I logged in I could see our guild panel and the name, but our guild logo had change and so had our tag from [EIN] to [KST].

I also couldn’t change any permissions, create new ranks and i’m the guild leader, had members /w me saying they can’t see the guild or guild panel anymore etc.

Then today I log in and I can’t even see the guild, when I press “G” I just see the standard create guild window -_-

I hope we get out guild back and don’t lose any of the things we trained or our influence. Please find guild details below and let me know if more info is needed,
Thankyou.

The guild info:
Guild: Einhärjer [EIN]
Server: Far Shiverpeaks
Leader: Kain Bloodclaw (myself)

Posted by: Jetter.5871

Jetter.5871

missing leader permissions,

name: knights who say knii
tag: knii
leader: me ( jetter.5871 )

Posted by: voidelysium.7285

voidelysium.7285

Guild: Critical Failure [FAIL]
Server: Piken Square

Travelling to Lion’s Arch, Black Citadel, Divinity’s Reach, Hoelbrak and all 4 WvW maps did not fix the guild issues (couldn’t represent, use bank or armourer) however, I jumped into an instance, and it allowed me to represent without so much as a delay, it was immediate.

Posted by: SnagglezMaw.6395

SnagglezMaw.6395

Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: The Zero Sect
Tag: TZS
Leader: Snagglezmaw.6395 (myself)

Guild went missing yesterday afternoon.

Posted by: ChaosBlack.1365

ChaosBlack.1365

Hi

I created a Guild with my mates called The Black Guard on the server Sanctum of Rall.

I am Leader, but I cannot begin any upgrades, change anyone’s rank etc

Pretty much every guild option button is greyed out and UN-clickable except create new rank (hand seeing as I cant change anyone’s rank)

Hopefully there is a solution to this issue

thanks

Posted by: Apocalypse.4036

Apocalypse.4036

Yesterday i used a letter of commendation to add influence to my guild (Dread Wolves, Server: Isle of Janthir) I started to build a guild workshop, there was about 7 hours to go when I logged off today about 3 hours previous to this post. When i came back there had been a new build as i had to download some files before playing.

I proceeded to check the build queue after logging on 20 min ago, to find the guild workshop gone, it still had at least 3 hours till build. Its not in the upgrades or upgrades history. I have also lost 500 influence that it took to build. I would like either the workshop accredited to my guild or the influence back. Cheers

Nevermind it has magically re appeared again just now with 30 min left on build timer, strange.

(edited by Apocalypse.4036)

Posted by: Izziee.8392

Izziee.8392

Sons of Nightmare on Gandara

Whole host of the above issues but the main one I am concerned with is not being able to build anything

I can’t even see what’s in the build queue

I can’t add anything

If I try to make a rank able to add something the game disconnects me.

Wasting a lot of time here.

Posted by: Toxica.6749

Toxica.6749

Jade Quarry
Guild: Servius Sancti

Guild is still gone after the fix, would you be good enough to look into this for us plz. We’ve lost a great deal of influence, perks, bank, tomes of influence spent etc. Guild does not show up for anyone no matter their zone and we have players playing all maps across the world.

Posted by: vincent.4729

vincent.4729

Cam

My guild has totally vanished from the G panel – Soldiers Of Eternal Silence [SOES], world Fissure of Woe yesterday and it’s still unavailable. It’s not that I can’t represent the guild, it’s just like it never existed! I did as you said before – I tried to change maps to see my guild again, but it’s not working. I hope you will fix this because it was a lot of work to create this guild for us :(

Posted by: Graywind.8324

Graywind.8324

Guild seems to be missing, no one is representing or earning influence that can been seen, no access to guild bank.

Server : Isle of Janthir
Guild :Shattered Trinity

Relden Stormborn – Engineer- Trust me!
Danonia – Mesmer – I’m over here!

Posted by: Nightfox.7368

Nightfox.7368

Just spent 2 gold on guild influence, didn’t receive any influence but still lost the 2 gold! this was working for me a few days ago when i bought just 100 influence for 20 silver but now its broken. Also tried buying just 10 influence for 2 silver but didn’t work ether :C

Posted by: Canoas.8423

Canoas.8423

Server: Gandara
Guild: Passados [PT]

My guild has several problems.
1. Can’t edit the rank permissions, but can create new ranks (with no permissions) and change the name/icon.
2. Can’t promote people within the guild, so everyone stays at the lowest rank, but I can invite people.
3. Can’t build upgrades, but can gain influence.

Before this guild we had another with the same name, we deleted it and re-created it to change the TAG. The previous guild was working fine.

Posted by: eRoN.7196

eRoN.7196

Getting network error for 2 days now upon trying to accept this guild invite. The code is “3040:1002:3:1930:101”

Also its been very buggy in trying to represent different guilds. works about 10% of the time.

Server: Desolation eu
Guild: Cold north gaming
Char: Glennydore

Posted by: Drainz.2756

Drainz.2756

Guild Info: The Broken Ones (Tbo)
Server: Blackgate

Issue: Not able to access Guild Bank, Guild Armorer, and Build Queue. Also some issues related to representing etc.

Posted by: MsLaika.7826

MsLaika.7826

Server: Fissure of Woe (EU)
Guild: Last Arguement of Kings
Tag: LAOK

The Guild has totally disappeared as though it never existed. We are very concerned that all our work to date has been lost. It has been like this since yesterday.

Posted by: Playdoh.2497

Playdoh.2497

Server: Fort Aspenwood
Guild: Retired Saviors of Azeroth [HUGS]

Guild still non-existant as of 7:30am EST.

Posted by: Anunaki.6389

Anunaki.6389

Server: Gandara
Guild: Passados [PT]

My guild has several problems.
1. Can’t edit the rank permissions, but can create new ranks (with no permissions) and change the name/icon.
2. Can’t promote people within the guild, so everyone stays at the lowest rank, but I can invite people.
3. Can’t build upgrades, but can gain influence.

Before this guild we had another with the same name, we deleted it and re-created it to change the TAG. The previous guild was working fine.

Exactly what I am experiencing also.

Posted by: gorb.5608

gorb.5608

Guild: The Knightwatch [KW]
Server: Jade Quarry
Problem: Even after all the “fixes” and a patch our guild is in the same situation. It seems like a majority, if not all, of the Guilds who were posted here are also having the same issue still.

Posted by: Rei Oni.5796

Rei Oni.5796

Cam

Guild Still Missing.
Server: Jade Quarry
Guild: Servius Sancti [SS]

Posted by: Declon.7185

Declon.7185

Cam

Server: Seafarer’s Rest
Guild: Pracomor [PCM]
Leader: me

Logged and No guild in G-tab, again.

Posted by: KitKat.1695

KitKat.1695

Yes, our guild shows up. Can we have all spent and current influence from the new guild Keepers of Posterity Two refunded and transferred to our original guild?
Please dont delete the new guild yet, as I will need to transfer some new members back to the original.
Also, is there any way to get some of the influence that we lost and the research time that we lost?

Also I noticed some of the queued upgrades are gone, and the influence not refunded, as well as one missing upgrade. Guild Armorer contract, and Politics level 3 and architecture level 3 were researching when the guild toasted .

Thank you,
Kat

Posted by: Noove.3678

Noove.3678

Greetings,

Our guild completely missing. Other members have the same problem.

Guild Name: Architect of War
Guild Tag: [AoW]
World: Sea of Sorrow
Leader ID: Noove.3678

Posted by: fruitlewps.7938

fruitlewps.7938

Hey All,

Thanks for your posts on the issues which you’ve been having with guilds. Apologies that this is impacting you.

As a few of you have pointed out, this thread refers to a bunch of different guild-related issues. I’m going to talk about the problems with representing specifically.

Here’s the boring technical details about the problem : We had a load balancing issue where many game servers were incorrectly connecting to the same guild server, causing it to be overloaded and respond with timeouts.

This has been fixed, so this problem should go away. Please let me know if you’re still seeing this problem and I’ll look into it personally.

Note that this is different to the “network error” issue when you have too many guild memberships or invites – that will still occur (and is really just in need of a decent error message).

Cheers,
Cam Dunn
Studio Tech Director
ArenaNet

As of 6:30am EST this morning, 9/11/2012, I still could not do any of the following:
- View or “enter” the Guild Bank
- Access any functionality of the guild from the Guild pane.
- Promote, or change any access for ranks in the Guild.
- Can only Re-Represent the Guild after turning representation off and then going to “The Mists” for PvP and clicking Represent button while there.

I am the Guild Master of the guild in question.

Science Minded Research Techs [SMRT]
Home Server: Isle of Janthir

I also have a support ticket in for this. Incident:120911-000054

Update: As of 6:30AM EST 9/12/12

Last night, I could not get to Guild Bank with 1 character, but my others worked. Then, this morning, Guild Bank functionality wasn’t working for any of my characters. Although I was able access other Guild functionality, like editing ranks, queuing upgrades, guild chat, etc.

Posted by: Laughter.7042

Laughter.7042

I am unable to see what is in the guild build queue when others can.

Guild Name: Anthurium
Guild Tag: [ANTH]
World: Dragonbrand
Leader ID: Laughter.7042

Posted by: Aturo.1592

Aturo.1592

Guild Name: Veridium
Guild Tag:[VD]
World: Gandara
Leader ID: Aturo.1592

My guild Veridium(gandara server) has been bugged. A lot of people have been kicked from the guild for no reason and even the guild leader(me) has been kicked out. From reports of other guild members I heard that there are still people in the guild, although everyone who was officer rank or higher is no longer in the guild. Please fix this issue.

(edited by Aturo.1592)

Posted by: soulstealer.8629

soulstealer.8629

Guild Name:The Shadowguard
Guild Tag:[TSG]
World:underworld
Leader Id: Unlife.3450

Any update on guilds that are missing (deleted) 24hours now with no guild and no update as to if and when we will get it back!?

Posted by: Kinuckles.9745

Kinuckles.9745

I just spent 1,000 Influence on Research Architecture Level 2. It built in the queue and in the log it shows that it was purchased and building. It is no longer in the queue and does not say ‘Building Research Architecture Level 2 Complete’ as it did with level 1. It appears to have just taken the 1,000 Influence and done nothing. Under the Upgrades tab in Architecture I have to spend another 1,000 to build the same Research Architecture Level 2 that should have already been built. Is this a bug or did I miss something? We are a small guild of RLF and 1,000 is a lot to us. Is there a way to get the lost Influence or be given the already purchased upgrade?

Posted by: Hamen.8354

Hamen.8354

Guild – Guildless Heroes Of Tyria (GHoT)
Server – Gates of Madness

Had an issue with a friend joining the guild he could not represent, we fix’d that. Now when we do events, we get 0 influence toward guild (both of us are representing.) Then we purchased 2 upgrades for guild and they went into queue last night, i log on this morning and both upgrades are gone, along with the influence.

Posted by: Kallen.9062

Kallen.9062

Last night I purchased 2 drinks for my guild to get me 200 influence so we can start our guild bank. I purchased the guild bank for 1000 influence when I logged on this morning the queue was gone the influence was gone but in the log it showed i purchased the points. My guild is Dark Adrenaline on the server Crystal Desert.

Posted by: The ReApEr ZA.3897

The ReApEr ZA.3897

Same problems, Guild disappears at times, build que gone and lost 1000 influence points, members unable to represent, can edit message of the day etc. I can even select a contact and whisper to them.