Issues with the trading post: please post here [MERGED]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: EkimTino.7021

EkimTino.7021

I have never been able to buy anything using the black lion trading company. I try to buy materials in bulk, for example, I’ll select 50 iron ores, but the “buy” button is greyed out and I cannot click it to place the order. I can only exchange in-game currency for gems using the BLTC; is there any solution to this problem yet? I have to mail members in my guild gold so they can buy mats for me; getting very tedious.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shadow.9806

Shadow.9806

I can sell and pickup but for some reason i cant buy anything!!! When i choose the buying tab all i get is a black screen stuck on loading!!!! Please can you tell me if its a global problem or if I am the only one experiancing such a problem.
Thx

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: AdriaanDTB.9481

AdriaanDTB.9481

I can buy stuff, but every time I try to sell something it instantly says: Error attempting to sell. It goes so for every character I have and its been this way for 2 days already

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rimetin.3405

Rimetin.3405

I can’t sell stuff (TP just won’t load my inventory, even if I pick an item from there and right click+"sell at TP") and the game doesn’t recognise any past transactions, although it happily tells me there is in-game silver to be picked up (didn’t get a chance to try actually picking it up yet.) I’m also having issues with the Gem Store.

Submitted ticket just a minute ago (#120917-002290) but it seems other people have been having this problem too…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ethelwulf.6807

Ethelwulf.6807

Random problems with trading post:

1- Since update around last Thursday (i updated files at least) sometimes guildwars2 completely crashes when opening the trading post. I mean right away upon loading the initial interface withouth clicking on anything. The window appears, the icon for loading starts showing, then crash. It happened 3 times since then, and doesn’t happen always.

2- Sometimes the buy button is greyed out. I have selected from who to buy, the amount, and I have enough money. But when the game calculates if i can buy, it makes a mistakes, and the button is always greyed out. This problem remains after i reload the item interface, or switch to buy a different item. Solved only by restarting game.

3- Sometimes the search of a item takes forever in loading time. It just displays the 1st page, and is loading the rest probably cause the loading icon appears, but the original page that already appears doesnt work. I cant click on the itens that already appeared cause the game is busy loading the rest, and that loading doesnt end. It seems to stuck. I normally “solve” it by refining the search by narrowing the item levels to the ones i want to get less results and make sure the search actualy finishes.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DjJazzman.4031

DjJazzman.4031

Trading post problem:

It happened around 4 days ago, if I remember correctly, but when I opened the trading post, all I see is grey. None of the tabs had anything but a grey screen. That is all.

Leyologist Tibbol, [I]Arcane Leyline Expert and Synergetics Graduate[/I] Tarnished Coast

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cassus Beli.9508

Cassus Beli.9508

For two days now all I get Is ‘error attempting to sell’.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Have any of you tried running the game as administrator? Also just disable your User Account Controls. That seems to fix it completely.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Felgor.9341

Felgor.9341

Just came across an ArenaNet Dev post about the Blank Trading Post screens…

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/arenanet-tracker/topic/234625-issues-with-the-trading-post-please-post-here-merged/

Hi,

Thanks to skagrin, I have a new solution for people who are unable to load the trading post. I’ve tested this on a Windows XP VM here to make sure it works, but haven’t done much.

The theory is that the root certs on your computers are not up to date. Follow these steps to update them:

1. Close the game client
2. Download and run http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/rootsupd.exe
3. You’ll probably have to click ‘run’ or ‘allow’ a couple times, but after that, nothing will appear. But that’s OK, your root certs have now been updated.
4. Open the game client and try to access the trading post

If you haven’t been able to load the trading post at all, try these steps. If this works for you, I’ll ask our customer service team to write up more formal documentation on this procedure.

I had the same problem for the past two days now. I did the above suggestion and now have the trading post selling screen available to me again. I will keep monitoring to make sure this worked, however I am hopeful this fixed my concerns. (BTW I am running Windows 7, not XP.)

Well the above did fix the trading post for me, but only until the last patch. Now I am having the same issue again. The trading post will work for a bit, then I get the blank tabs. Only thing that fixes it, is logging out to desktop. I have tried every suggested fix, uninstalling the game, adding the awesome process to my firewall settings, run game as administrator, adding certifications, run in XP compatibility mode…

To be honest, I am out of ideas…

Felgor [GoTF]
Level 80 Asura Guardian
Jade Quarry

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: stikxs.1469

stikxs.1469

Very minor issue, but as of the last update I believe I’ve noticed if you have the tp open on the sell screen and then you open your inventory and right click>sell on tp nothing happens. If the tp window is closed or on a screen other than the sell tab it seems to work fine.

Spookyjunk/Anoni

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rasmus.8067

Rasmus.8067

My Trading Post hasn’t been working for a week now, I can sell stuff, but there is nothing in the pickup tab. Can’t buy items, it says my order doesn’t match any current listings, even if i try to buy one of the 5 billion wood logs.
I was able to purchase gems for a character slot, but I haven’t received them after 30 hours. Wrote a ticket immediately. No answer yet.
I’ve also run a -repair, restarted my computer, restarted the game several times, deleted the local.dat file, nothing seems to work, it has to be a server-side issue.

(edited by Rasmus.8067)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rukario.1695

Rukario.1695

Every time after I sell around 10-15 sets of items on the Trade Post, it gives me the “Error attempting to sell” issue. I close trading post and wait around 10-15 minutes and do the same thing. I’m able to sell until it gives me that error. That appears to be the only thing wrong with my Trading Post.

Not a terrible issue, but annoying. I would like to clear my inventory of materials while I’m out in the field and farming. I can’t pick up more items while I don’t have inventory space.

IGN: Rukario(.1695)
Server: Maguuma
World: 100%

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MythInc.3198

MythInc.3198

Sold around 80s worth of stuff according to adding up what is in my sold items tab around 7 hours ago. There is only 21s waiting for me. I did the math because I knew 21s was way short. If i sold 80s worth I should be getting around 72s after the House cut.

How do we ever go about getting that money replaced?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: squeezoid.7528

squeezoid.7528

last week was working perfect, today, blank tabs again… i didnt touch anything soooooo… whats going on Arena?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jeffrey.3692

Jeffrey.3692

My Trading Post hasn’t been working for a week now, I can sell stuff, but there is nothing in the pickup tab. Can’t buy items, it says my order doesn’t match any current listings, even if i try to buy one of the 5 billion wood logs.
I was able to purchase gems for a character slot, but I haven’t received them after 30 hours. Wrote a ticket immediately. No answer yet.
I’ve also run a -repair, restarted my computer, restarted the game several times, deleted the local.dat file, nothing seems to work, it has to be a server-side issue.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Trading-post-is-totally-broken-for-me/first#post138857

There is a reply from the team.
I hope this bug can be fixed ASAP…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I’m sick of people exploiting a bug in the TP involving buy orders. It not only decreases the value of things, it prevents anyone from buying or selling that item ever again.

You are not allowed to buy or sell anything for less than or equal to merchant value yet the bug allows you to place an order for less than or equal to merchant value. Any thing I can’t sell because of this will have to be Merched, Mystic Forged, or Salvaged.

What will happen when every item is unable to be bought or sold? Will we all go back to WTS in /map?

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kalbee.4160

kalbee.4160

I have sold an item for 3g but in my pick up panel I got only 2g 70s. Missing 30s was all of my profit… I tried to sell this item for 3g again but everything was the same – I received only 2g 70s and now I have -60s balance.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MythInc.3198

MythInc.3198

Kalbee your issue is that the trading post has 2 fees.
1) the listing fee. This is deducted from your money in your inventory when you list the item. This is 5% of the listed price.
2) the 10% cut the Trading post takes when you sell an item. In your case you got exactly the right amount. 10% of 3 g is 30s.

In order to make a profit at trading post your bare minimum markup should be 20%. Personally I don’t do it if it’s less than 50%. Not worth my time otherwise. My particular issue was I got docked about 75% instead of 10%.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: JediPigs.6783

JediPigs.6783

I haven’t been able to purchase gems from the trading post since day one.. Whenever I do i get all the way through and then it says “cannot authorise transaction” or “transaction failed”. Have made multiple tickets with no reply, try atleast twice a day to see if they have fixed the problem but alas to no avail.

Any help? Tried both Paypal and Credit Card..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kalbee.4160

kalbee.4160

@Mythlnc
Thank you for explaining me how it works. These two fees suck. Why is this second one for? It only discourages from selling on trading post. I think one fee is enough.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: bodr.8195

bodr.8195

Why is no info from ANET?
4 days with no Trading Post.
Fix pls error:
‘Sorry! Your order did not match any current listings. Please refresh and try again’

Today patch not fix it

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jeffrey.3692

Jeffrey.3692

Why is no info from ANET?
4 days with no Trading Post.
Fix pls error:
‘Sorry! Your order did not match any current listings. Please refresh and try again’

Today patch not fix it

Though there is a reply from the team,
several days without trading post really makes me down:(

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: fishoutofwater.6285

fishoutofwater.6285

Is anyone else trading post not working after the recent update?

I tried deleting the local.dat file but its still not working

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Yoshiro.4159

Yoshiro.4159

My in-game mail doesn’t allow me to send mail. Any time I attempt to send mail to anyone results in the error “Processing previous mail.”. I also cannot put items up on the trading post to sell, it replies with the error
“Error attempting to sell.”
i have this issue since 3 days ago already help me out if can please.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Caramulo.3976

Caramulo.3976

For anyone who:

- Tries to open the trading post, remotely or on site of the NPC, and doesn’t see anything on any tabs of it (sell/buy/pick up etc etc);
- Can only buy gems and other stuff but can’t sell;
- Can only see what are the top items tab;
- Can’t see any items on the “Sell Stuff” tab that exist on his/hers inventory and can’t sell anything;
- Other random issues that are related to the Trading Post but not mentioned above;

Then try this, I did it 2 days ago and it worked:

1 – Go to the options menu, go to the 1st tab if I recall correctly, and change the language of the text. English to Spanish, Spanish to French, German to English…it doesn’t matter;

2 – Go to the options menu, go to last tab if I recall correctly, check what is the key attributed to the action “Toggle Language”. It should be near the end of the list and by default I think it’s the Right Ctrl Key;

3 – Close the option menu;

4 – Open the Trading Post;

5 – Choose one of the existing tabs and then press the key to “Toggle Language”. Try to hit the key, choose another tab on the Trading Post, hit the key again and see if it works at any time and you have your old Trading Post menu working. You should see the names of the items, menus and even quests change. Don’t worry;

6 – If your issue was something like mine, it should be working now. You only need to revert the options on the menu and no more need to press “Toggle Language”;

7 – If you close the client and relog, you might get the same little issue. I know it’s not perfect but until the tech team figures out what is wrong, it’s the best one can do about it;

8 – If it doesn’t solve your specific issue, don’t give up.

Hope it helps, best regards to all adventurers out there,

Caramulo

(edited by Caramulo.3976)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Metalized.5130

Metalized.5130

For everyone who:

- Tries to open the trading post, remotely or on site of the NPC, and don’t see anything on any tabs of it (sell/buy/pick up etc etc);
- Can’t see any items on the “Sell Stuff” tab that exist on his/hers inventory and can’t sell anything;
- Other random issues that are related to the Trading Post but not mentioned above;

1 – Go to the options menu, go to the 1st tab if I recall correctly, and change the language of the text. English to Spanish, Spanish to French, German to English…it doesn’t matter;

2 – Go to the options menu, go to last tab if I recall correctly, check what is the key attributed to the action “Toggle Language”. It should be near the end of the list and by default I think it’s the Right Ctrl Key;

5 – Choose one of the existing tabs and then press the key to “Toggle Language”. Try to hit the key, choose another tab on the Trading Post, hit the key again and see if it works at any time and you have your old Trading Post menu working. You should see the names of the items, menus and even quests change. Don’t worry;

6 – If your issue was something like mine, it should be working now. You only need to revert the options on the menu and no more need to press “Toggle Language”;

7 – If you close the client and relog, you might get the same little issue. I know it’s not perfect but until the tech team figures out what is wrong, it’s the best one can do about it;

Caramulo

It didnt’t fix my issue (I still can’t see anything and there has never been a change so far) but thx for the post anyway… this seems to be the only reliable method to reload the trading post in-game.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Does anyone know its your Windows 7 and/or vista User Account Control settings may be at fault? You can find it and , mess with it in Control Panel>User Accounts. Just turn it off and you will have no more problems.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Metalized.5130

Metalized.5130

Does anyone know its your Windows 7 and/or vista User Account Control settings may be at fault? You can find it and , mess with it in Control Panel>User Accounts. Just turn it off and you will have no more problems.

I tried that already… unfortunately this doesn’t fix it for me. But it obviously does for some people, as I’ve seen some replies on this before.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: gorgi.5928

gorgi.5928

Caramulo! Mother of God! Its working! God Bless you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Theo.3917

Theo.3917

I can’t put anything on sale, “error attempting to sell”.
72 hours and no reply from support…

I tried deleting any file gw2 related, nothing is working.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Caramulo.3976

Caramulo.3976

You’re very welcome gorgi.

Glad it’s working for some of you.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Uppochner.6439

Uppochner.6439

My problem with the Trading Post is that whenever i try to search for an item the loading sign just keeps showing and nothing happends. I can sell stuff aswell as pick up my profits and all that other stuff but I’m not able to purchase stuff and that is annoying. Have been like this for 4 days.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: krojack.4920

krojack.4920

Very minor issue, but as of the last update I believe I’ve noticed if you have the tp open on the sell screen and then you open your inventory and right click>sell on tp nothing happens. If the tp window is closed or on a screen other than the sell tab it seems to work fine.

I’ve been having this also. I have to close the TP window every time I want to right-click buy more on trade post or each time I want to post something new.

80 Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
» My current Guild Wars 2 game annoyances

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Danface.3671

Danface.3671

Nothing much to add, aside confirming the issue’s that little bit wider spread than before :/

(Windows 7 Pro 64-bit user)

TRADING POST ISSUE.

Double-checking my symptoms as I’m typing this message:
Can successfully view, purchase & pickup items using trade-post.

Can’t sell any of my items, using any of the 3 selling options (highest buyer, lowest selling price, custom). Each attempt presents the message “Error attempting to sell.” (the interface appears perfect, can view all items. Error only occurs when hitting the ‘Sell’ button).

=====

MAIL ISSUE (possibly irrelevant to the thread).

Have browsed around, and similarly to my own suspicions, it’s been suggested the “Processing previous mail” bug may be related.

For the record, I am unable to send any mail to any players, yet am still able to receive. As I believe mentioned previously in this thread(?), rewards and congratulations for exploration / heart completion are still both functional.

==

ATTEMPTED FIXES.

Due to noticing these problems around the same time as each other, I’ve tried a small number of methods via various threads, and am running out of ideas fast :S

Have tried:
~Sending mail from multiple characters to numerous recipients (longshot!)
~“Turning it off and on again”… ^^ (it = GW2)
~Running without an active firewall on my computer (though my router’s firewall was still enabled).
~Running in compatability mode, set to XP(sp3).
~Running as administrator.

None to avail.

Most curiously… I know of nobody else aside the people in this thread with these issues or similar. There are plenty of people with fully functional Trading Posts and Mail… completely unsure of what the cause is… though wouldn’t that suggest client-side, rather than server? :S Yet a previous post claims to’ve logged in on a number of machines / connections with no luck…

Unsure what further details might help… suppose all hardware / software present will be linked to my account already somehow ^^ if there’s anything else + if I still have these issues in a few days, will check again then… think I’ll take a break or something >.< can’t do much with a full inventory.

(ps, the wordwrapping when previewing a comment seems a little off)

(edited by Danface.3671)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lola Ebola.3829

Lola Ebola.3829

last week was working perfect, today, blank tabs again… i didnt touch anything soooooo… whats going on Arena?

Yeah, that’s REALLY what I want to know.

The trading post has randomly chosen to work for me 4 times total in the last month. None of the fixes here work, I submitted a ticket waaaaay back at the beginning of headstart and never heard anything. Still can’t buy due to grey button, still can’t sell because the page stays blank. The gem store always seems to load, but after waiting almost 72 hours to receive the last batch of gems I bought I’m not going to be making any purchases there for a while.

I could understand it for the first week or so, this being a new game with some issues and all… but now it’s just ridiculous. It is directly affecting my ability to play the game! I’m not able to make the profits I could from selling mats and items because I have no choice but to sell to vendors, I can’t buy mats to advance my own crafting (thus affecting my ability to level my character), I can’t buy new armor or weapons, or mods for any armor or weapons I get as drops. Most other people don’t seem to have this issue, and it’s unfair and frustrating.

If the TP works (on average) for me about 1 hour out of every week, but none of my computer settings have changed at all since the beginning (no firewall, no windows 7, deleting .dat file does nothing), how can it be a user issue? It doesn’t make any sense to me.

I love this game. I paid good money for this game because I loved the beta (where the TP worked) but patience is wearing very thin for the support in this issue. I want to be able to play the game the way it was intended, and I want to experience the game the way that other players are. It doesn’t seem like that’s too much to ask.

Could someone please give us some kind of straight answer about these issues? Or at least respond to everyone who’s been patiently waiting for these issues to be worked out? No one has acknowledged this issue on ANets side since the 9th. It seems like terrible customer service to ignore your customers for 9 days straight!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Run Amok.9205

Run Amok.9205

I also have a blank screen on the Sell Your Stuff tab, the other tabs are fine. Been this way for about 3 days.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: minsc.1856

minsc.1856

Cheers Caramulo that has fixed my greyed out button problem finally. now just waiting for the login servers to come back up, its been up and down all morning

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ryhart.3976

Ryhart.3976

Why isn’t my TP fixed from these patches? I still have 0 profit to be taken. I sent an email about the issue and still haven’t had any reply. I tried all the fixes but I can only view the TP, can’t buy/sell or even exchange for gems/gold at all.
Please fix this or recommend any way to fix this problem myself, thank you.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Universal.9401

Universal.9401

Waiting for a long time now help me out if can.
My in-game mail doesn’t allow me to send mail. Any time I attempt to send mail to anyone results in the error “Processing previous mail.”. I also cannot put items up on the trading post to sell, it replies with the error
“Error attempting to sell.”
i have this bugg since 5 days ago already help me out if can please.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Marshmellow.7405

Marshmellow.7405

Few days ago i colected my 500 gems to buy krytan armor skin .
Went to trading post traded gold for gems and clicked buy the skin , confirmed.
2s lag from server side
Then the shop went like offline . just background and no options .
Reclicked on the shop and saw that gems are gone + no armor in recent purchases or even a mail to claim them . I’ve been waiting for a few days not and still nothing happened.
Checking this would be appreciased.
now the shop even doesnt show my gems .
In game nick : Tamsusis

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SCMFXT.7385

SCMFXT.7385

Just recently I tried to get another character slot expansion from TP. It took the gems but no character slot was added to the account. It did listed in recent purchases pane. I tried relogin a few time to see if it was delay but nothing.

Edit: I have bought 2 character slot expansions before without issue. Currently showing 7 full character slots in character selection screen with no open slot from the recent purchased.

Attachments:

(edited by Moderator)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kaien.7983

Kaien.7983

I can’t buy anything on the trading post.
I have more then enough money but the button is always gray.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Seraki.2753

Seraki.2753

I had an earlier post in here about my pick up tab being locked up. It ended up being fixed via maintenance though it kept my silver for items never received. That’s ok though I was just glad to have it working again. Couple of days ago though it happened again and now my pick up tab is locked up again. I noted that the problem seems to happen to me only when buying harvested items like ore. After last nights maintenance it did not fix this time so I thought I would post and let you know its still stuck. I cant be the only person this kind of thing is happening to so it has to be effecting the economy. Ah well , out to grind some ore again.

Hope this works out soon, thanks for all your hard work.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Morn Fuin.1482

Morn Fuin.1482

I haven’t been able to use the TP since LAUNCH! It’s just blank… I tried everything. Every “fix” that was posted in this thread… Nothing worked… Running Windows 7 x64…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lola Ebola.3829

Lola Ebola.3829

For anyone who:

- Tries to open the trading post, remotely or on site of the NPC, and doesn’t see anything on any tabs of it (sell/buy/pick up etc etc);

Caramulo

THANK YOU! This did not totally fix the issue (I can’t get the language toggle key to work to change my TP language back to English after reloading) but I can at least use the icons to sell items from my inventory. I can’t search, because I don’t speak the other languages, but HOORAY! At least for now, I can finally make some good money.

You’re a lifesaver, Caramulo.

(edited by Lola Ebola.3829)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cavalcante.6789

Cavalcante.6789

The Trading Post ate a little over 1g32s of mine shortly after it came back up—I listed two items that sold, and they appear in my Things I’ve Sold tab, but the cash never appeared in the Pick Up tab. If this is something that’s recorded somewhere, and I just have to wait, that’s fine; I just want to make sure there’s nothing else I can or should do in the meantime. Thanks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SCMFXT.7385

SCMFXT.7385

The character slot expansion I bought got fixed but I lost 2 gold sometime before the maintenance occurred while trying to trade the gold for gems. I got message telling me it Failed but somehow it took the 2 gold anyways but no gems were added. Now I have 48 silver left on that character. :-(

Note: I didn’t realized the 2 gold were taken until after TP was up when I try to trade gold for gem again and saw the missing 2 gold. Seem like the same issue when I was trying to buy the character slot expansion. The item was paid but no delivery.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Seyeght.7385

Seyeght.7385

Placing a custom purchase order is not working.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ThatOnePichu.3501

ThatOnePichu.3501

I recently lost around 3g 80s trying to buy bags. It gave me the error and that it failed so I tried again several times. Neither the bags nor the gold appeared in my pick up tab. :c

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RoxLinen.3817

RoxLinen.3817

Same here, lost 4g 60s.