Issues with the trading post: please post here [MERGED]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: spedding.8679

spedding.8679

i can put things for sale, sell them, buy things, but can not get what i have purchased or money from sales.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ephant.8691

ephant.8691

I have removed a lot of items that day and they are still not available for pick-up.
Has anyone received their removed items back?

I fear that I have lost all of my removed items…

I’m still waiting since wednesday. I sold, bought and removed stuff and still nothing. No money, no items. Well it was “only” 8~g so its totally okay, right?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dante Casar.6485

Dante Casar.6485

Hi there,

Great thanks to skagrin-1368 and Cliff.

I tried the fix and its works. I have access to all the panel of the TP

Thanks again for solving that annoying issue.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kickx.8056

Kickx.8056

I am hoping that i can get these items back, very frustrating, made an investment and they are now gone.
Hoping to capitalize on the large demand for exotic lvl 80 items I crafted 3 “Berserker’s Orichalcum Imbued Inscription” items and had them up on the auction house. All of them were soon over priced and so I decided to take them down to repost them. When I clicked “remove” all three of the items disappeared from my selling tab and were never placed in my pick-up-box. Basically I am out a hefty amount of gold at the moment and I am losing precious time to make my money back.

TL.DR. Items posted to AH, when remove was clicked the items disappeared
Expensive items! Berserker’s Orichalcum Imbued Inscriptions, 3 of them.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: dirtyklingon.2918

dirtyklingon.2918

i made 2 transactions in teh first few hours of the game, and they do not show up in my transacation history nor have i recieved the items nor have i gotten my money back. they simply disappeared immidiately despite taking my money.

i filed bug reports immidiately, was not sure if i needed to do anything else. the gold lost equals about 50s.

who doesn’t love wow clones?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Istrilyin.5976

Istrilyin.5976

Select item, press Buy

Sometimes everything goes right, you get a confirmation right away.

Sometimes the button grays out but nothing seems to happen. Two minutes later, you find the purchased item in your transaction list. Or 2 of them, or 3 of them, if you thought something went wrong and clicked the buy button again.

Please have some dialog come up after one second or so telling that the purchase is in progress but slow. Create a funny text about junior traders still fighting off pirates or so, to keep people from thinking nothing was bought.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Senryu.3268

Senryu.3268

The solution
As most lurking this thread for a possible solution i would suggest turning off your firewall and see if it fixes anything if so and your using AVG security try this.

However i dont know how to fix this for other internet security software but am pretty sure it its the same method just a diffrent way to get there depending on your program.

1. open AVG firewall
  2. click firewall settings
  3. a pop-up will appear and click this time sytem services in the active profile
  4. Click the Manage User System Rules
  5. click add rule
  6. another pop-up will appear and input from top to bottom
  • TCP
  • out
  • Unrestricted ports (1024-65535)
  • remote port(s) 80,6112,6600
  • All Networks (Allow for All)
  • choose a name click ok
  • the pop-up will disappear and on the previous window/ pop-up click confirm
  • Edit: dubble check if it saved the rule by repeating the process

or check here for a more detailed solution here

if this dose not work try one of the other methods written in this thread.
but am pretty sure now that the majority of the problem is a security software(firewall) or a router based.

Mabey one last solution if its a firewall issue and you dont know how to do any of this,
is to use the windows firewall instead of your normal one, its as good as a firewall as any other you usually use.

ok, after putting the avg firewall off, the TP was back, but i’ve already got that firewall rule set on, since i had to do it jusst to play the game, ’cause avg firewall was even preventing the game to load

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: brutusmayhem.4809

brutusmayhem.4809

ok so my problem with the trading post all sections are working except the “sell your stuff” tab i cant see anything on it, i’ve gone to my inventory and right clicked “sell at trading post” it opens the trading post at the sell your stuff window and thats it, it’s blank, also, if i use the search function in the “sell your stuff” window it is still blank, as i said all other trading post windows are working but not this one.

ive updated my certs as suggested in this thread and i dont use AVG just windows7 firewall, any suggestions on a fix please?

(edited by brutusmayhem.4809)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Quicksilver.1578

Quicksilver.1578

Those items sold through the night but I have only 9 silver 53 copper in the pick up tab. Where is the rest?

I believe there is a listing fee, and a fee on sale but I may be wrong.

The listing fee is consumed from your money instantly (when you put the item for sale), so this fee should not occur again when it is sold successfully (at least nothing in the TP lets me know, that there is a second fee). So I assume this is either a bug (double fee, whatever) or another UI-issue (like not displaying there are multiple fees, being charged at different times)

It’s a 10% sales tax. But yes, the Trading Post should tell you that but it doesn’t. Instead, it’s buried in the wiki somewhere (I haven’t got the link).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Quicksilver.1578

I scanned through this thread and I don’t think anyone has written about this issue yet…

When buying quantities of a single item that are divisible by 10 (10, 20, 30, etc…), the system seems to be dropping the 0 in the quantity amount, but keeping the full amount you are being charged.

For instance, I just tried to buy 40 onions and 40 carrots. I was charged the full price for 40 of each, but I only received 4 of each.

Is there any way I can get reimbursed for this?

As you probably know by now from reading the other posts. This is because as you clicked buy, someone else probably bought those. The rest of your money should be in the pick-up box or still on the I’m Buying section as it’s now put them into order mode for when more come in and the price you paid.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Quicksilver.1578

Cliff, can we get a response on the I’m Selling page. The fact you can only see a few items you’re selling. So if, like me, you have over 100 of an item you put up a few days ago, yet new items on sale that aren’t selling. So I now can’t see the over 100 Lion boxes I had for sale that I know haven’t sold. Meaning I can’t cancel the sale to try and relist them.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CaptainBeefheart.2615

CaptainBeefheart.2615

I put in an order for a Midnight Ice Dye, worth 1g 15s 1c, and still have not gotten the item or the money back.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Komatik.2078

Komatik.2078

Yes have a look i might have done something wrong ill add a screenshot. It is in dutch but i think you will understand it.

Your settings are correct, however did you put the data
in the correct profile, it should be the one bold out?
If this is correct try the next step a bit below.

screenshot!

ok, after putting the avg firewall off, the TP was back, but i’ve already got that firewall rule set on, since i had to do it just to play the game, ’cause avg firewall was even preventing the game to load

I had the exact same issue during beta and since then AVG released a major update,
without knowing it would reset all my profiles to default, i would re-check that first.
If the problem persist i would suggest the following.

will get through this eventualy, so dont give up
unfortuantly i can not recreate the problem, cuz ive already cleared my DNS cache
But lets hope it works

background explanation
The TP is loaded into the game client throug a website and it is possible for DNS servers to cache the results of unsuccessful names(url) attempts; this is called negative caching. My theory is that throug unsuccessful attempts you haved stored a negative caching of the TP url to clear this you need to flush your DNS .

Win 7

1. open windows start icon
  2. type in the search bar below cmd
  3. a black window will appear (windows comand promt)
  4. in this window you type: ipconfig /flushdns
  5. and you can now close the window
  • optional: If it stil dosent work try to delete local.dat first then repeat the procces
    clearing the DNS cache and restart the client.

Mods can we plz have a sepereat thread for the blank TP issue cuz
2 very diffrent issues combined in one thread is highly inefficient
for searching for possible solutions. Alot of ppl will not even notice the solution when its hidden between 15 comments and 19 pages about missing gold/ items when there are only 3 solutions for the blank TP atm,

ty and with regards Komatik.

(edited by Komatik.2078)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Quicksilver.1578

Account Bound items are still searchable on the Trading Post and people keep putting orders in they’ll never see as Account Bound items can’t be sold.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BlueCrescent.1875

BlueCrescent.1875

For unknown reasons my trading post wouldn’t work. Whenever I open the trading post, it only shows the loading icon and no matter how long I wait or how many times I reopen the post it won’t finish loading.

Other parts of the games works perfectly fine.

Does anyone has the same problem or just me?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dravion.1203

Dravion.1203

I too have the problem that I can see the trading post, but I can not buy or sell. It does not load my inventory at the sell screen and the buy button is greyed out.

All other guys in my guild can use the trading post just fine. So what am I doing wrong?
I have done all the firewall stuff etc. suggested here and I am PRETTY SURE that it is not a problem with my firewall (every other thing works like buying gems or ANY OTHER GAME)

Help please.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Exray.7846

Exray.7846

I can only see the most recent 10 auctions posted and the most recent 10 items sold, but i have over 30 auctions up of exotic gear and i have no idea where it all went. Every time i post a new item it moves the list down and another item vanishes. There is no page scroll or nothing. (reported in game)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Haig.3841

Haig.3841

I don’t get any gold for the things i sell.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Amaraee.5680

Amaraee.5680

Please enable preview in the trading post! Sure, I know we should be buying armor based on stats, but sometimes, we just like to look at something first!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: janissarytur.7451

janissarytur.7451

i have same issue too.

in Black Lion Trading Co

BlueCrescent.1875

So it seems not my problem :P

in Black Lion Trading Co

BlueCrescent.1875

I’ve just sent a ticket to the support. Hope to get reply soon.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BeamBatu.6045

BeamBatu.6045

hi,

i put up 2 Weapons in the Trading post the first 3g 99b and the second for 3g 16s and the both got sold sapertly, anyway the first when it got sold and i traid to collect my profit form pick up tap it only showed me and gave me 2g 70s for the first one, and then when the second got sold it also gave me only 2g 85s 30b ? it just took alot more than 30s each in sell?? and the listing fee it got paid the sec i listed the item, so why did it took that much from me?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: janissarytur.7451

janissarytur.7451

i hope you will get quick answers and share to me please)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Resila.4371

Resila.4371

SO! I tried the fix by skagrin.1368, then I attempted to turn off my webroot firewall. Nothing worked.

Then I ran the game as administrator.

Viola!

Thanks for great suggestions, I’m sure it was a combination of things, but I wanted to stick this up here in case someone else was having the same issue. I usually check ‘run as admin’ first thing, but I just assumed it was an error on the game side.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dominique.5926

Dominique.5926

When I’m browsing the trading post, my search results are often lost when I sort by a different column or go to the next page of results.

The results come back if I sort 2-3 more times or hit the search button again.

It’s very frustrating to be 5-6 pages deep and then have to redo my search all over because the results are gone.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rage The Numbers.7943

Rage The Numbers.7943

I must have over 10 items for sale. When I look at “Item’s I’m Selling”, I only see 10 items. Browsing the trading post, I can see that my unlisted items are still indeed for sale. Is there supposed to be a Page1,2,3etc on the page that you see “Item’s I’m Selling” on? If so, then I want to report that i do not see it.

Rage The Nornynorn – Guild Leader [RR] Reddit Refugees
Sanctum of Rall
http://www.reddit.com/r/Reddit_Refugees – Visit the site for Recruitment!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rage The Numbers.7943

Assuming you guys noticed the sticky post about the trading post, and didn’t see the below possible solution:

Hi,

I finally found a solution for the “blank trading post” problem – I could not access it once since release – which worked for me. I am running Win7 x64 and although the root certs should be updated automatically there must have been some problem with it. What I did to fix it:

1. Download this file from the MS Update Servers
(remember the download path)

http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/rootsupd.exe

2. Open CMD prompt in Windows, change to the folder where the file is (e.g. cd c:\temp) and enter this to run it: rootsupd.exe /Q

I tried anything else before but after this the trading post worked immediately.

Hope that helps

_

Nice, I’m glad that worked for you. I wonder what’s going on with automatic root cert updates on your computer.

Sanctum of Rall

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Scyndek.5273

Scyndek.5273

This is how my Trading Post / Gem Store UI looks like:

Fixed my problem, I installed new graphics drivers then when the game was running I right clicked the awesome_ something process (the trading post process) and hit open file location, exited guild wars 2 then deleted all of the files and folders in that location.

Once I started up guild wars 2 again everything was fixed. Had the same problem as you I believe (if it stacks on top of each other otherwise change your UI size to normal)

Hope this helps since devs never got back to me.

Elementalist – Isle of Janthir

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: argyre.4251

argyre.4251

I believe I’ve found a math error with trading post sell calculations. I don’t know if this has been mentioned already, or there’s always the possibility that I’m crunching numbers incorrectly, but here goes:

Let’s say I buy 250 Copper Ore at 17 copper each. That comes out to a cost of 42.50 silver. If I then sell those Copper Ore at 21 copper each my subtotal would be 52.50 silver, minus the listing fee of 2.63 silver, for a total of 49.87 silver. When the sale actually goes through however, I receive 47.27.

What’s happening to the rest of it?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rage The Numbers.7943

I believe I’ve found a math error with trading post sell calculations. I don’t know if this has been mentioned already, or there’s always the possibility that I’m crunching numbers incorrectly, but here goes:

Let’s say I buy 250 Copper Ore at 17 copper each. That comes out to a cost of 42.50 silver. If I then sell those Copper Ore at 21 copper each my subtotal would be 52.50 silver, minus the listing fee of 2.63 silver, for a total of 49.87 silver. When the sale actually goes through however, I receive 47.27.

Did you take into account the processing fee?

Selling Fee

The listing fee for selling on the Trading Post is 5% of the sales price. This listing fee is not returned even if the listing is cancelled. Upon successful trade an additional 10% fee is deducted from the price, i.e. the total cost of a successful sale is 15%.

Sanctum of Rall

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sirreal.3621

sirreal.3621

I issued an order for a rare shortbow, the money is gone and so is the order.
Where is it and can it be cancelled?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Thereon.3495

Thereon.3495

Another shout for the disappearing search and the ‘only ten items’ bug.

Thereon Avenrise – former [Noes] Officer – Piken Square (EU)
Retired and living in a shack. Relaxing!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dominique.5926

Dominique.5926

I also cannot see more than 10 items on the My Transactions tab

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Abracadavra.8274

Abracadavra.8274

Been two days and still not getting any items or gold from transactions, everybody else I ask in-game has no problems whatsoever.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MadChef.4203

MadChef.4203

I scanned through this thread and I don’t think anyone has written about this issue yet…

When buying quantities of a single item that are divisible by 10 (10, 20, 30, etc…), the system seems to be dropping the 0 in the quantity amount, but keeping the full amount you are being charged.

For instance, I just tried to buy 40 onions and 40 carrots. I was charged the full price for 40 of each, but I only received 4 of each.

Is there any way I can get reimbursed for this?

As you probably know by now from reading the other posts. This is because as you clicked buy, someone else probably bought those. The rest of your money should be in the pick-up box or still on the I’m Buying section as it’s now put them into order mode for when more come in and the price you paid.

No, that isn’t what is happening. What is happening is a bug where when you type 40 in the buy box, the 0 disappears and you only end up receiving 4 items even though it charges you the money for 40. The money is not returned to the wallet or into the pickup window.

The same thing happens with any multiples of 10 so it seems the 0 is the problem.

This happens a lot so I’ve been careful to go back in and retype the number when it drops the 0, but I’ve slipped a few times and lost quite a bit of silver to the void in the process.

Here’s a screenshot..

Attachments:

(edited by MadChef.4203)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TigerWong.9186

TigerWong.9186

i sold about 100 Bowl of Poutry Stocks in trading system, but receive no money. could you please check my transactions?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mcdeady.2019

mcdeady.2019

I don’t recall seeing this specific problem mentioned, apologies if it has been discussed.

Everything in the BLTC works for me with the exception of selecting an item from the search bars auto populated drop-down.

Example:
If I type in ‘Apple’, the drop-down will list a number of possible matches (Apple Tart, Apples In Bulk, etc). If I select an item from this list, the screen will populate with the listed item(s), however I get a gold loading ring that permanently spins. If I type ‘Apple’ and hit the Search button rather than selecting from the drop-down, the item screen loads fully and there are no issues moving between pages or purchasing.

Just to be sure I wasn’t being impatient, I tested the feature a few times using different item names and allowed the page to load for about 10 minutes each test. Unfortunately, the ring continues to spin even after this duration. I am able to move forward between the populated pages, but cannot backtrack once I reach the last page. I can highlight items, but cannot select them.

To be clear, I can use all of the other features in the BLTC with no problems, so this is not a huge issue. Just bringing it to your attention.

Cheers!

in Black Lion Trading Co

BlueCrescent.1875

Assuming you guys noticed the sticky post about the trading post, and didn’t see the below possible solution:

Hi,

I finally found a solution for the “blank trading post” problem – I could not access it once since release – which worked for me. I am running Win7 x64 and although the root certs should be updated automatically there must have been some problem with it. What I did to fix it:

1. Download this file from the MS Update Servers
(remember the download path)

http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/rootsupd.exe

2. Open CMD prompt in Windows, change to the folder where the file is (e.g. cd c:\temp) and enter this to run it: rootsupd.exe /Q

I tried anything else before but after this the trading post worked immediately.

Hope that helps

_

Nice, I’m glad that worked for you. I wonder what’s going on with automatic root cert updates on your computer.

Tried and it works, thanks a lot!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rage The Numbers.7943

Awesome! Good luck in the market.

Sanctum of Rall

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gary.1850

Gary.1850

Ok, so i got blank trading post and gem store window problem too, read the whole topic, tried every suggestion none of it works, pretty sure it’s not my side as it was working when you guys released TP to 15 % random players (was lucky enough to be in that pool, it worked for me) after that nothing, blank screen, even tho your silly wiki site says it’s up for everyone it’s not up for me. I am running Win 7 64 bit, no firewall. None of the fixes are working. Will ANET care enough to fix that annoying bug or code error ?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Quicksilver.1578

This is because it’s not being made clear in game that there is a 10% sales tax.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Quicksilver.1578

The Trading Post really needs to be clear on the sales tax. I’m currently on the TP and looking at Strong Rifle of Grawl Slaying. There are people selling it for 1s 48, 117, plus the 7c listing fee, then the sales tax if they sell it. They lose a lot, but if they sold it to a vendor, they’d get 1s 47c.

I really don’t think a lot of people are seeing either the list fee or/and defiantly aren’t aware of the 10% sales tax.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pony.3256

Pony.3256

When I’m browsing the trading post, my search results are often lost when I sort by a different column or go to the next page of results.

The results come back if I sort 2-3 more times or hit the search button again.

It’s very frustrating to be 5-6 pages deep and then have to redo my search all over because the results are gone.

This one!!
Please fix this.
It’s extremely annoying.
Knowing that something is on the broker but not being able to get to page 5 or so without it going blank and having to start all over.
It’s so frustrating.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rage The Numbers.7943

Ok, so i got blank trading post and gem store window problem too, read the whole topic, tried every suggestion none of it works, pretty sure it’s not my side as it was working when you guys released TP to 15 % random players (was lucky enough to be in that pool, it worked for me) after that nothing, blank screen, even tho your silly wiki site says it’s up for everyone it’s not up for me. I am running Win 7 64 bit, no firewall. None of the fixes are working. Will ANET care enough to fix that annoying bug or code error ?

“Care enough”? What’s wrong with you that you think they don’t care…

Try the certificate update fix 5 times in a row then reboot. Worked for others.

Sanctum of Rall

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SirNuX.2371

SirNuX.2371

The TP is also blank for me, even tho it has worked before after a simple relog but now thats not working anymore. I dont have a firewall and the repair didnt fix it neither. Anything else?

Yurkov – Necromancer – 80
Roma Yurkov – Warrior – 65
[DIE] Dragons In Exile – Far Shiverpeaks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Garath.6354

Garath.6354

Sorry, preview ate my reply somehow. Here goes again.

That gave me the clue I finally needed to fix the blank Trading Post/Gem Store.

If you are on WinXP SP3 go to Control panel/Add Remove Programs and Add/Remove Components on the left side of the screen.

Click it and scroll to near the bottom and find Update Root Certificates. If it’s unchecked..CHECK it and click Ok.

Load up the game and go to Gem Store/Trading post and wait (about 10 seconds for me). This FINALLY fixed the blank bug.

Again this is for WinXP SP3, if you have Vista or Win7 I can’t help you, but it’s something worth looking into if nothing else has worked

Thank you so much! This worked!!!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rage The Numbers.7943

The TP is also blank for me, even tho it has worked before after a simple relog but now thats not working anymore. I dont have a firewall and the repair didnt fix it neither. Anything else?

What happens when you log into this link?

https://account.guildwars2.com/login?redirect_uri=http%3A%2F%2Ftradingpost-live.ncplatform.net%2Fauthenticate%3Fsource%3D%252F&game_code=gw2

That link is the trading post that can be viewed from a browser.

More information can be found here:
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/45667-guildwars2spidy-graphs-of-the-trade-market/

…so don’t think it’s a hack attempt because the domain name is account.guildwars2.com which is owned by NCSoft/ArenaNet.

Anyway, if it doesn’t show up from that link either, then you’re problem is with the certificate still.

Sanctum of Rall

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gary.1850

Gary.1850

“Care enough”? What’s wrong with you that you think they don’t care…

Try the certificate update fix 5 times in a row then reboot. Worked for others.

How is updating my certificates 5 times gonna do better than doing it once ? If it worked for someone that had to do it 5 times its prolly he didnt do it properly at first. Also my certificates were up to date in the first place, second thing is that I had it working, and it stopped working while I didnt modify anything on my pc, hence the assumption of lack of care from anet.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BigDog.2938

BigDog.2938

So I haven’t seen the following scenario posted, but I’ve encountered it twice now while on the TP.

I went to buy a dye, and I wanted to get 3 of them. There are 3 available at the lowest price of 80 copper. I enter 3 in the quantity box and hit buy , but instead of getting charged 2 silver 40 copper, I was charged over 3 silver. All I can figure is that in the time I entered my quantity and clicked buy that the 3 at that price had sold and that the TP automatically sold me the next lowest price. This also happened to my wife, but at much more dramatic rate, as hers jumped from 90 copper up too 45 silver as the next cheapest one was someone price gouging. Really need to have a confirmation box after clicking buy stating what price you are paying and if you’re OK with that, if the ones you’re buying sale in that time frame then it needs to error and reject the sale, not automatically sale the next lowest price.