List of Mesmer Bugs (Older Thread)

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

probably ye . they promised us so many bug fixes , and we only got 1-2 i think what a joke

And a new bug, too.

Wardens will only reflect stuff back to their source if said source is right next to them. Otherwise it bounces upwards.

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

this thread is insulting to mesmer players (which i no longer am).

kittening do something beside tooltip edits.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Asuka Shikinami.5462

Asuka Shikinami.5462

First time signing into the forums in months, I have to say I am impressed Anet. You really did a good job in fixing the bugs we outlined, with reproducable steps, 4 months ago.

I loved signing into pvp for the first time in months and getting perma-immobilized within 30 seconds due to phase retreat being bugged.

I was over-joyed to test out Illusionary Elasticity and see it working correctly with clone bounces now.

I was humbled that Anet thought my skill level was so good that they will make my sword skills not work, since I can obviously win without them.

Thought I am sad that I am such a poor leader that my clones won’t attack my enemies, worse they will make neutral parties want to kill me. Maybe if I become a decent player my phantasms will start working properly.

After I’m elected, bribing me will be considered a “gold sink”
- John Smith

Posted by: pepe.6493

pepe.6493

Hi there

So i was rolling whit a friend when both of us realize that the mesmer´s clones wear the armor insted of the the outfit so its easy to indentify the orginal one.
we alredy send a ticket, but i want to know if any other mesmer have the same problem?

I alredy wrote a post about this but i´ll post here too

Attachments:

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Hi there

So i was rolling whit a friend when both of us realize that the mesmer´s clones wear the armor insted of the the outfit so its easy to indentify the orginal one.
we alredy send a ticket, but i want to know if any other mesmer have the same problem?

Known bug. Devs have said it won’t be fixed for a long time.

Posted by: UnknownFreak.2805

UnknownFreak.2805

Hi there

Known bug. Devs have said it won’t be fixed for a long time.

I dunno really know but, creating a armor set from an existing one (outfit) shouldn’t be that hard… Cmon really… “check this awesome new outfit out”… but **** you mesmers cause we really do not like you… This is what it feels right now…

EDIT: I am not buying that “won’t be fixed argument”

How to crashreport…
Someone say game crash must be related to OOM
when you read the log it’s not related to that whatsoever…

(edited by UnknownFreak.2805)

Posted by: Magi.8061

Magi.8061

Well, atleast they are not lying when they say “wont be fixed for a long time”.

Fay.2357

EDIT: I am not buying that “won’t be fixed argument”

It’s not an argument, it’s a statement. They didn’t explain why it won’t be fixed for a long time, they simply stated it.

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

What are you doing on page 3!? Live thread! live!!!!!

Relshdan.6854

tomorrow is another patch….tooltip refinement extravaganza.

…now pls prove me wrong anet….i’ve never wanted to be more wrong. i want to play my mesmer.

MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

…now pls prove me wrong anet….

No(t even) tooltips in this patch. Proved?

20 level 80s and counting.

Relshdan.6854

…now pls prove me wrong anet….

No(t even) tooltips in this patch. Proved?

lol…..sadly, yes i was proven wrong.

but on the bright side, no new attempt to fix a bug, means less likely to have a new bug.

MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: cheshader.5081

cheshader.5081

Wait, what, Anet, you stopped fixing Arcane Thievery?!
What the kitten, don’ t you know how important it is?
You can’t quit on it just after 3 months of hard work!

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

no new attempt to fix a bug, means less likely to have a new bug.

Clones will now use wear your outfit. 1 bug fixed, 99 to go.

Posted by: Miriam.2506

Miriam.2506

no new attempt to fix a bug, means less likely to have a new bug.

Clones will now use wear your outfit. 1 bug fixed, 99 to go.

Well not complete. Underwater breaze is still ignored by the clones and if your outfit has an hat and you turn it off at your charakter the clones still wearing the hat, even if turned off at costumes. If there is something similar with the shoulders if you turn them off, I not tested.

I noticed today in pvp my clones wearing a hat but my chars has none. So the bugfix is just done about 95%. And don’t forget aqua helms still not work !!

frifox.5283

kitten , I knew it was too good to be true… lol

Meanwhile, pretty sure this wasn’t intended:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG3da_ss2Wc

Can pretty much can shut down the whole boss.

Lishtenbird.2814

Well not complete. Underwater breaze is still ignored by the clones and if your outfit has an hat and you turn it off at your charakter the clones still wearing the hat, even if turned off at costumes. If there is something similar with the shoulders if you turn them off, I not tested.

I noticed today in pvp my clones wearing a hat but my chars has none. So the bugfix is just done about 95%. And don’t forget aqua helms still not work !!

It’s good someone tested it. I saw clones wearing outfits (the one and only Ancestral) and had no idea they overlooked the rest of the problems.

At least since it wasn’t mentioned in the patch notes, I believe they’re still working on it.

kitten , I knew it was too good to be true… lol

Meanwhile, pretty sure this wasn’t intended:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG3da_ss2Wc

Can pretty much can shut down the whole boss.

So basically, unreflectable attacks are unreflectable, but not undestroyable, and untraited Wardens are more useful than traited? IIRC the same thing happened with Wurm.

Looks like ANet is in need of an overhaul of the whole projectile-destroy-reflect system.

Posted by: MesmeForever.3612

MesmeForever.3612

Every few days I go back to Subject 7 with 5 gambits and a brilliant reflect build that highlights the Mesmer’s unique ability to somehow not exist while dealing tons of damage, hoping I’ll get lucky with 3 wardens that aren’t in a nihilistic depression. But every time I’m disappointed.

I mean, ideally we’d have a temporal curtain and iWarden that change appearance when traited, but right now all I want is for the core mechanics of our profession to work properly

Relshdan.6854

not bumping at all…..but am excited for all the bug fixes we’ll enjoy on july 1st.

honey not vinegar/

MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

frifox.5283

Another one:

• WvW bonus “Defender” (x% damage reduction against monsters) applies versus enemy phantasms

This means, in WvW, phantasms become weaker and weaker as the week goes on right up until the wvw reset. Defender bonus usually gets up to around 7% by Friday.

And another one,

• Mind Spike is hitting 10% less than what tooltip claims.

I’ve tested pretty much all Sword skills their damage all aligns with the tooltip perfectly yet the Mind Spike actual damage is always 10% less, both in PvE and PvP.

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Another one:

• WvW bonus “Defender” (x% damage reduction against monsters) applies versus enemy phantasms

This means, in WvW, phantasms become weaker and weaker as the week goes on right up until the wvw reset. Defender bonus usually gets up to around 7% by Friday.

And another one,

I’ve tested pretty much all Sword skills their damage all aligns with the tooltip perfectly yet the Mind Spike actual damage is always 10% less, both in PvE and PvP.

Eugh. Need to test these. Front page!

Gandara

(edited by Simonoly.4352)

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

did anyone test this with the bonus defender?that would be a major one actually. ill have to check that this week.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Another one:

And another one,

It’s Frifox. This has been tested and is confirmed.

Snow Crows [SC]

frifox.5283

While I’m confident in my data, it’s always good to get verification from others.

Simonoly.4352

Another one:

And another one,

It’s Frifox. This has been tested and is confirmed.

Fair enough. The horror!

Gandara

frifox.5283

Was trying to put one of our “grandmaster” traits to use in PvE and found some odd stuff.

Apr 15 Patch Notes

• Power Block: …trait will no longer trigger through stun immunity effects such as Stability and Defiance.

So, Power Block should still work versus a champ mob that has zero Defiance stacks on him since Unshakable isn’t a stun-immunity boon? Nope, it doesn’t work.

Also, as you’ll see right after the Power Block fails, apparently Mirror Images nor Decoy will generate any clones if you don’t have a mainhand weapon equipped :/

Here’s a video I made back in Jan 2013 where you can clearly see that those utilities skills DID use to generate clones, even with no weapons equipped, which means that sometime between then and now ANet managed to break those utilities as well…

Relshdan.6854

Was trying to put one of our “grandmaster” traits to use in PvE and found some odd stuff.

Apr 15 Patch Notes

• Power Block: …trait will no longer trigger through stun immunity effects such as Stability and Defiance.

So, Power Block should still work versus a champ mob that has zero Defiance stacks on him since Unshakable isn’t a stun-immunity boon? Nope, it doesn’t work.

Also, as you’ll see right after the Power Block fails, apparently Mirror Images nor Decoy will generate any clones if you don’t have a mainhand weapon equipped :/

Here’s a video I made back in Jan 2013 where you can clearly see that those utilities skills DID use to generate clones, even with no weapons equipped, which means that sometime between then and now ANet managed to break those utilities as well…

yeash……this class is now an abortion due to bugs. its amazing that they not only can’t fix bugs for this class (unless they benefit the class), they introduce new ones at an alarming rate.

every time i post in this thread i get an infraction. i’d stop but i actually like this game and class…. kitten……throw us a bone. fix something.

MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Magi.8061

Dont worry Relshdan, new tooltip fixes are on their way.

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

So anyone actually test if untraited iWarden work better against Subject 7? Seems like wardens will break once the ooze number pile up. It’s always ok in the beginning but with Frailty and Squeemish the fight will drag long enough for iWarden to break.

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

I didn’t test the untraited iWarden but got pretty annoyed by my traited Warden constantly failing to attack in fractals yesterday. This thread needs to stay on page 1.

Simonoly.4352

So….in WvW once again I managed to kill an Elementalist that had Vapour formed into a tower by casting a Warden on a gate and it changing target and yeah…

So bugged. So stupid.

Gandara

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

Anyone ever seen 15 wardens bug out simultaneously?

Yup, happened last night in a 5-mesmer Arah P2. Awesome. Truly a beautiful, magical moment.

Fay.2357

Yup, happened last night in a 5-mesmer Arah P2. Awesome. Truly a beautiful, magical moment.

Hah, I hope you recorded it.

Posted by: johnnyg.3186

johnnyg.3186

The wait it just so long now. I think section 7b in the T&C’s Privacy and Data Protection section may explain the silence on our Mesmer bugs.

NCSOFT has no obligation under any circumstances to review any information, feedback or communication related to the Game. NCSOFT may, in its sole and absolute discretion, choose to review any information, feedback or communication related to the Game. NCSOFT may take any action, or no action whatsoever, based on any information, feedback or communication related to the Game, including but not limited to publicly commenting upon or publishing the foregoing. NCSOFT has no obligation to explain any decision to take any action, or no action whatsoever, based on any information, feedback or communication related to the Game. You acknowledge, and further agree, that You have no obligation to provide NCSOFT any information, feedback or communications related to the Game. In addition to the provisions of Section 13 below, You further agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless NCSOFT with respect to any claim related to any information, feedback or communications You provide under this Section 7(b).

Link

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-user-agreement/

Veles Iris
Mesmer Fort Aspenwood

frifox.5283

Yes we did….

frifox.5283

Am I a bug magnet??

Centaur Runes equipped, but not working:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qrBoXfhpRk

Lishtenbird.2814

Yes we did….

Just… hilarious.

Am I a bug magnet??

Centaur Runes equipped, but not working:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qrBoXfhpRk

Option a) does not work out of combat, option b) only works on mantra cast.

frifox.5283

100% sure it works both ooc and on mantra charge & use. No idea why but that time NONE of the healing skills proc’ed the swiftness.

Posted by: Silent Avenger.6928

Silent Avenger.6928

From latest patch notes:

Illusionary Leap: Fixed a bug that allowed players to swap places with their clone after it was destroyed.

Wait this was a bug? really? Now not only does it not work half the time now I can’t even swap to it just after it dies… great thanks anet.

Crimson Fatality ~ Mesmer ~ Northern Shiverpeaks

Tainted Phoenix[PHNX] – Mesmer Collective[Mes]

Posted by: Anton.1769

Anton.1769

Posted by: UnknownFreak.2805

UnknownFreak.2805

From latest patch notes:

Illusionary Leap: Fixed a bug that allowed players to swap places with their clone after it was destroyed.

Wait this was a bug? really? Now not only does it not work half the time now I can’t even swap to it just after it dies… great thanks anet.

I found it as a feature, really, was kind of neat mesmer “confusing” thingy, but no more. (spawn clone, enemy kills it while he runs for you, and swap when he is about to hit..)

Atleast warden got fixed… (Oh wait, it didn’t)

How to crashreport…
Someone say game crash must be related to OOM
when you read the log it’s not related to that whatsoever…

Posted by: Silent Avenger.6928

Silent Avenger.6928

From latest patch notes:

I found it as a feature, really, was kind of neat mesmer “confusing” thingy, but no more. (spawn clone, enemy kills it while he runs for you, and swap when he is about to hit..)

Atleast warden got fixed… (Oh wait, it didn’t)

I know how you and every other avid mesmer feels even some people I know who despise mesmer said that this kinda sucks for the class. Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad if clones didn’t die instantly to like 2 aoe.

Crimson Fatality ~ Mesmer ~ Northern Shiverpeaks

Tainted Phoenix[PHNX] – Mesmer Collective[Mes]

Magi.8061

“Illusionary Leap: Fixed a bug that allowed players to swap places with their clone after it was destroyed.”

They somehow added another bug to the class, but the Devs have learned:
They put it in the changelog and call it “bugfix”.

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

Yes we did….

That would be hilarious if it wasn’t so sad that this bug is still not fixed. At least you had nice-looking iCheerleaders? :I

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

Posted by: Stal.8754

Stal.8754

….just….too shocking for words.

Wish Pyro were still here, would have loved to see his response to this!

Well, as I said on the Mesmer forums if there weren’t any valid attempt at bug fixes in the upcoming patch I could see it being the final straw for many mesmers.

I was excited about the start of season 2. Loaded up the game client, then started reading the patch notes while the patch was downloading, then……..closed the game and didnt bother.

Naazimber – Mesmer – Ring of Fire [EU]

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

Why even bother reporting bugs?

They don’t give a kitten.
A “we are reading dis, herpaherp” post every few months does not fix bugs, arenanet.
Stop lying to your customers.

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

Posted by: Sergoros.4398

Sergoros.4398

Anet…please…fire this hambow warrior, who keeps nerfing mesmers… I know,…there is not much left…but find a mesmer to lead mesmer balance team….its just to ridiculous.

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

fixin dat forum page bug

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

Posted by: Death Slayer.1468

Death Slayer.1468

Still waiting for a fix… why should I even bother

Fay.2357

Wish Pyro were still here, would have loved to see his response to this!

My response is and has been to happily play dragon nest.