Mordrem Invasion Broken [merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: crawlerxp.1536

crawlerxp.1536

We really don’t mind if you say “sorry for our mistake” and shutdown the event to fix it. Don’t push it making urgent patches, it annoys people.
Many players gave up already and even if you fix it, people already lost their hype.

If you shutdown the event and re-design it, then people will try this again.

What a horrible idea, yes lets take time away from HoT development to try to appease a small player base. If you find the rewards/time invested to not be of your liking just do not play the event. Be glad the items available are even there to begin with. I really do not get all the whining, first it was because of a bug, it happens no company/person/entity is perfect get over it. Then people whine because people can not log in do 3 events and get every reward available.

Again if you do not like it do not play the event, go back to working on time/money gained and be silent.

Wow. Have you even looked at the math behind how many hours it would take to get the ‘rewards’? I even agree that the way this event was done, coupled with the fact that it may or may not have siphoned resources away from expansion development, makes it more or less not worth the effort it took to make. But you could at least sound like you’ve read the reasons why people are actually complaining.

“to try to appease a small player base” You mean the majority of people doing the event? Or are you just calling the entire player base small? I don’t get it.

“If you find the rewards/time invested to not be of your liking just do not play the event” Which would be fine, except it’s not instanced content and is snow-plowing over people just trying to play in the zones it happens to overrun—and disconnecting some of those people. Not to mention, it’s the first real content in forever. People are going to try it, and many of them are disappointed.

“Be glad the items available are even there to begin with” Right, which I could even say if they required 1000 blooms and 100 gold each; it’s really not an argument when it doesn’t have a limit.

“it happens no company/person/entity is perfect get over it” True. And it actually happens less around here than in other games (Trove post Steam-release). But the combination of content drought, bad event design, and overall poor implementation exacerbated what could have been an excusable bug.

“do 3 events and get every reward available” This is just stupid. Read the math, like I said. A good festival or event makes it at least possible to get all of the rewards. Plenty of other games have learned this.

I do agree with your point, but you could make it in a way that sounds a little more informed.

Posted by: pandora.8475

pandora.8475

What I would like to know why Anet so quiet about this why not come out admit they fail and made a mistake

crawlerxp.1536

What I would like to know why Anet so quiet about this why not come out admit they fail and made a mistake

They acknowledge bugs. Sometimes. When it affects promotional content. Otherwise, they don’t admit anything. You may or may not see it changed; someone may or may not care; someone may or may not be reading your thread about it. That’s par for the course. But you can be dar-diddly-arn sure they’ll respond to fluffy screenshots and infract you if you call them out in a fluff thread.

pandora.8475

I totally agree with you.

Posted by: Monk Tank.5897

Monk Tank.5897

This is obviously a test to see the reaction of players if they remove the drop function in HoT. Is that why there were no drops in the beta?

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

snip

4 days and 2 of them are a weekend. Plenty of time to get one of the big rewards. Some of those rewards were only available in the gem store.

If you do not feel the time required is not to your liking do not play it. Some of the comments made against Arena Net + and the Developers is just disrespectful and should be perma banned from the forums. If you can not speak/think like a rational person than do not.

There is nothing forcing you to do the event. Move on, or show that you are not a rational person and keep complaining.

Posted by: Lupini.6938

Lupini.6938

Siege bug: This has happened to me twice now. If you are using the siege in the mordrem events, and someone uses a repair hammer on it while you are on the siege, you get locked into the graphics for the siege. You can “leave” using the siege, and have your skills available to you, but you can’t move away from the siege.

This, of course, means you have to log out, and we all know what happens to your stack of completions at that time.

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

They need to extend it till all next week.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Wow. Have you even looked at the math behind how many hours it would take to get the ‘rewards’? I even agree that the way this event was done, coupled with the fact that it may or may not have siphoned resources away from expansion development, makes it more or less not worth the effort it took to make. But you could at least sound like you’ve read the reasons why people are actually complaining.

Honestly? The math involved seems pretty clear to me that they DON’T want you getting every possible reward in the 4 days available. No doubt to cater to the “exclusives” that would throw an unholy temper tantrum if everything they worked “so hard” for during Season 1 could be had in four days and is therefore now “worthless.”

So, I would say… “Working as intended?”

Posted by: believe.6514

believe.6514

They need to extend it till all next week.

Yes some of us have real life commitments and can’t farm much…

Posted by: Null Shock.3745

Null Shock.3745

Siege bug: This has happened to me twice now. If you are using the siege in the mordrem events, and someone uses a repair hammer on it while you are on the siege, you get locked into the graphics for the siege. You can “leave” using the siege, and have your skills available to you, but you can’t move away from the siege.

This, of course, means you have to log out, and we all know what happens to your stack of completions at that time.

Lupini, did you try going to a way point instead of logging, after the fight is over, and you can use way points? Or does being melded with the Siege keep you in combat?

Null

pandora.8475

Honestly? The math involved seems pretty clear to me that they DON’T want you getting every possible reward in the 4 days available. No doubt to cater to the “exclusives” that would throw an unholy temper tantrum if everything they worked “so hard” for during Season 1 could be had in four days and is therefore now “worthless.”

So, I would say… “Working as intended?”

If that the case why make them rewards in the first place.

Posted by: luzt.7692

luzt.7692

Or making the Blooms tradeable could help.
It also gives some sort of income for new players.

crawlerxp.1536

Like I said above, designing an event with the intention of players being unable to acquire more than one or two rewards within a reasonable amount of time is just poor conception. It’s not satisfying. Especially when those are the only rewards they’re getting; no experience, other loot, cash, or karma. That’s a valid point, whether or not you agree with it or are okay with the current implementation. Even more so when the ability to obtain those one or two large ‘rewards’ is contingent on the player doing (mostly) nothing else in-game, besides the related events, for several hours each day.

snip

4 days and 2 of them are a weekend. Plenty of time to get one of the big rewards. Some of those rewards were only available in the gem store.

If you do not feel the time required is not to your liking do not play it. Some of the comments made against Arena Net + and the Developers is just disrespectful and should be perma banned from the forums. If you can not speak/think like a rational person than do not.

There is nothing forcing you to do the event. Move on, or show that you are not a rational person and keep complaining.

I think I’ve been pretty darn rational, to be honest, given my breakdown in my last post here. So have many of the other people in the criticism thread, even going so far as to offer organized listings of mistakes and suggestions for improvement. I don’t know about you, but I consider that rational. As for moving on, that’s a little hard to swallow when the only major content release in recent memory has deflated into such a giant debacle. As for disrespect, whether or not it’s against forum rules, you get what you give. The staff here has a history—even a policy—of a wall of silence. People are bitter. That’s how it goes.

And on a personal note, next time you decide to call somebody out on his or her abilities to think and speak like a rational person, you should be more concerned with your grammar. You also shouldn’t present black-and-white binaries like, “Do what I said, or you’re complaining.” It detracts from your point.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Part of me thinks ANet are not telling us what we should be having, to keep people playing the events in the hope they can get what they want. As I feel if we knew, we would probably not bother, and this would not look good for the p4f players. That’s not what ANet wants. They want everyone who tries p4f to buy HoT. But I think they have failed in this. This event was a disaster to start with, and we all know how important first impressions are.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

We will probably get it 4 weeks after the event and when the NPC is long gone…

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

I got hosed then. There were plenty of times I got over 10 stacks and only got 5 blossoms.

Posted by: Krynn.4971

Krynn.4971

Same here: Kessex Hills 18 stacks after dc 5 stacks at the end of the event no reward
Diessa Plateau 4 stacks after dc 19 stacks still no reward and no bonus chest

Posted by: Starfall.6425

Starfall.6425

I lost 60 blooms for the dayly and 4×10 blooms for events… quite curious if I’ll get 100 blooms or not.

But even if I get them all I’m already so sick of this event, that I’ll do each map only once a day and even that is actually too much because this event is not worth to be played.

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

If that the case why make them rewards in the first place.

My guess?

For the people who did all that Season 1 stuff and missed out on one or two items.

The “new” player is supposed to kinda experience the frantic nature of these sort of events and accept that some of those “endgame” rewards are not achievable, thus keeping them “exclusive” for the veterans of the game.

It makes me wonder if ArenaNet understands their player base, especially the F2P players… but it wouldn’t surprise me. They’d hardly be the first or only developer with that degree of disconnect.

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

Maybe they were trying to use the progress system used in Escape from Lion’s Arch where you need to reach certain points to earn better rewards, but instead of a map wide progress tracking, they individualized it. People were complaining that some were just AFK’ing the event, so people wanted a personal contribution tracking instead. Well, kitten if you do, kitten if you don’t eh?

Anvil Rockers Unite!

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

I agree…just shut it down. I won’t even mind if it doesn’t even come back.

Zypher.7609

The staff here has a history—even a policy—of a wall of silence. People are bitter. That’s how it goes.

We used to get very frequent updates on a lot of things going on. But when ended up happening was every single word was pecked apart looking for meanings. Then from there a statement like “we are looking into adding new types of X”. Became “they are releasing X”, then 5 months from then became “they are horrible for not releasing X when we were promised it”. This happened for about 9 months, then everything went radio silence, reason being people complained about what they talked about. But then people complained when they did not talk. So the time spent trying to play cleanup after the statement of “we are thinking about releasing X”. Was just not worth it, so we get updates just not what they used to be.

What do you want them to do come on and say “yes these are the frequency of drops we expected”. If you expect them to say that then you are not thinking rationally.

I am done with this thread, also for reference I do not think the time invested is worth the rewards that I currently do not own in the list available. So I played two events and decided that was enough to experience it. But I did not come on here demanding that the developers speak up for as you say a horrible time to reward ratio.

I try to think I am a rational person.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

This is obviously a test to see the reaction of players if they remove the drop function in HoT. Is that why there were no drops in the beta?

At least there are other areas with drops. Hopefully they’ll keep SW the same. Even if the mordrem drop no loot golems and other things there do.

pandora.8475

I would say there a huge disconnect going on here.

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

Its just poor designed. The people who designed this event should be ashamed.
Hopefully they’ ll fix it so that we can earn more tockens durng each run.

(edited by Darkness.9732)

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Maybe they were trying to use the progress system used in Escape from Lion’s Arch where you need to reach certain points to earn better rewards, but instead of a map wide progress tracking, they individualized it. People were complaining that some were just AFK’ing the event, so people wanted a personal contribution tracking instead. Well, kitten if you do, kitten if you don’t eh?

Maybe a little of both could have been in order since it also tracks how well the whole zone is doing. Why bother to track that if it’s not going to figure into the total?

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Zypher.7609

Its just poor design. The people who designed this event should be ashamed

This is the crap I was talking about earlier in my post. You should be perma banned.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Would have been so much more bearable if it was 1 stack = 1 bloom, capped at 15.

I’d like that better — breakpoint reward systems are frustrating.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

This is the crap I was talking about earlier in my post. You should be perma banned.

Have you stopped trying to think of yourself as a rational person and accepted that you’re not, then?

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

How about we just fight the Mordrem come HoT? Even if I was chomping at the bit, the rewards (if you want to call them that) are underwhelming at best. Went To Kessex Hills once, got no reward, so thanks but I’ll wait.

Fool me once…shame on you.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Shen Slayer.3058

What he’s saying is true, it is shameful that a large gaming company would even think to put this type of event in their game.

DresdenAllblack.1249

Not sure they figured the rewards were going to zero people out. Their intentions were pure even if they missed the target. Not sure why people take it personal.

Crystal Desert

pandora.8475

I think they should be ashamed with this event they hype so much. I agree it with the saying fool me once shame on you. fool me twice shame on me.

Shen Slayer.3058

Not sure they figured the rewards were going to zero people out. Their intentions were pure even if they missed the target. Not sure why people take it personal.

People having been spending money and waiting for some content since they cancelled living story, and now the first they get is this. Of course they are taking it personal

crawlerxp.1536

Of course players are going to pick apart the things people in charge say. It happens on, almost literally, every single forum for every single game I’ve ever played. Again, that’s how it goes. Players speculating is a foregone conclusion. It is not an excuse for adopting a policy of silence. I don’t like to make this kind of call, but the brightness of the white-knighting here is starting to give me a headache.

In any case, a shutdown and acknowledgment would go a long way in restoring the confidence of a lot of players, I think—especially if the acknowledgment and apology was issued in-game as well as on the forums, so new players could see it—but I don’t see that happening. One of the things I really appreciate in games is when someone in charge steps up and issues an in-game message acknowledging a problem or mistake and explaining what’s about to happen to fix it. If they want respect, that’s how to get it.

pandora.8475

And is this just warning sign of what to come when hot gets released.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Maybe because they stayed loyal to the game through a 10 month content drought, paid $50 for a vastly overpriced expansion, got excited for a hyped up event, and then got delivered a pile of…..

I think it is pretty understandable why people are angry.

Shen Slayer.3058

What’s the refund policy for HoT? I can see the direction they are taking already…I don’t want to support this.

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Thank god you are not in charge of forums than

Zypher. Look at this way. Its been 3 years. You are telling me this is the type of event they created? after 3 years of experience and knowledge , this is what you come up with? This passed the QA and internal review and got launched live into the game??

you are telling me this is perfectly ok to say “no biggie anet, you are allowed to make mistakes and not be criticized for it, I love you, this event is awesome, you are awesome”.

Quit your white knighting.

Even GW2reddit page is actually disappointed and in shock about how awful this has turned out given the fact anet has had 3 years of experience and knowledge of how to make events…..its as if some intern got assigned this project.

(edited by SkiTz.4590)

Posted by: Prowler.9150

Prowler.9150

There is rumor from the EU side that the rewards will possibly be scaled. I think this will benefit players such as myself who have work during the day on weekends. I have already done a few map rotations (including during the bugged period) and would appreciate some form of feedback regarding scaling from the NA side and replacement of lost blooms.

Update on the Mordrem Invasion Event — 1:45 PM Pacific 9/10:

Some of you have asked about rewards for defeating the Mordrem during their attempts to invade Kessex Hills, Brisban Wildlands, and Diessa Plateau. Here’s some info from the dev team:

• Rewards scale with the number of Mordrem incursions you help defeat.
  • There also is a daily map bonus for repelling invasions.
  • Remember that a rewards issue currently is being addressed and we hope to have a fix for that soon.
  • Rewards, if not received immediately, will be distributed to those who earned them in the next several days.
  • NPCs will remain in place for a period of time after the event so that you can exchange blooms for items. An NPC will remain in the Priory for a few months, at least, so you’ll be able to make the exchanges you need to make.

DresdenAllblack.1249

Living story fans? Are there any left?

Until they kill Logan & Trahearne not really sure what they pump out for story. All of this fluff just take us further away from where we should be going.

Cantha, or Elona if that’s your flavor.

Crystal Desert

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Geez makes you wonder how the expansion will end up, specially with the Ranger and Engineer specializations been so rushed too.

Poor Zhaitan got rushed too and look how he ended, does this means that Mordremoth will also be killed by only using turrets? :0

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

Agemnon.4608

The good thing about this event though is a random wandering noob can get smacked down from the mordred’s cheap mechanics (they really are suited for group play with their CC, high HP, healing, homing bugs, and charges) before a vet zerg saves his kitten . Sometimes uppity noobs need a good smackdown. If a vet speaks you listen son. If a vet says don’t complete an event so that mobs can keep spawning you listen.

How to identify a noob: they will have starter and common dyes usually and lack an expensive skin on their weapon. If noobs want to earn their place as our equals they should have electro blue dye and a legendary or at least Mystic Forge weapon. With electro blue they either bought it or earned it as their third year gift so either way it’s a sign of a not noob.

DresdenAllblack.1249

The Zhaitan ending would have been better if it was a musical.

Crystal Desert

Agemnon.4608

Living story fans? Are there any left?

Until they kill Logan & Trahearne not really sure what they pump out for story. All of this fluff just take us further away from where we should be going.

Cantha, or Elona if that’s your flavor.

I want a personal story pathing option to betray and kill Trahearne taking his place as leader.

Posted by: Null Shock.3745

Null Shock.3745

We said some

Words to each other.

Then had an epic battle complete with fire and explosions!

Hey they are getting faster at fixing things lol. I am guessing it was one of those simple “self facepalming” kind of issues that all coders make at some point. Its happened to me, a lot. That is what makes coding fun for me, though I am a little. . .Odd I guess you can say. Also the only stupid language is JavaScript(Though that is a Scripting language not a programming language, and it isn’t as bad as it used to be. . .Still, it can be a pain in the kitten .)

Also Linux isn’t about being wrong or right. . .Unless I misread your comment. Linux is a fun OS in my opinion, Debian or Ubuntu are great if you are new to Linux. You don’t even have to install them, you can make a live disc or USB stick and just boot from that. However if you want to skip the whole easy boot from a USB, and want a more. . . Trial by fire(?) experience Just install Gentoo. . .I have always had at least one Linux Distro since I was in Jr high, and Installing Gentoo can be a huge pain in the kitten . Seriously it is a kitten, but anyone that does it will tell you it is worth it, just for the learning experience. Kind of like Basic Training. I hated a lot of basic training, but after I finished and went to AIT, I realized I actually had fun, and missed it.

Null

Posted by: Ashlynx.5389

Ashlynx.5389

Mordrem Invasion Update:

• Those who earned rewards and did not receive them will be given their rewards.

Is there anything we should do to ensure that we receive rewards? For example, someone in map chat yesterday was speculating that if you participate in an invasion event, maybe you shouldn’t leave a map until the invasion ends to receive credit? Just wondering how this will work. Overall thanks for the events — I had fun doing them yesterday, even if I didn’t receive blooms yet.

(edited by Ashlynx.5389)

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

It makes me wonder if ArenaNet understands their player base, especially the F2P players… but it wouldn’t surprise me. They’d hardly be the first or only developer with that degree of disconnect.

Do you wonder if they understand their player base? Well, I believe that NPE thing answers that pretty well :P (off topic, I know, but I couldn’t avoid it)

(edited by shadow.6174)

Posted by: Morozzko.2136

Morozzko.2136

will we take tommorow dailys? so i need 220 more and going to farm 28 hours nonstop

Main Engi, all other 80