Ruined Ore & Logs

Ruined Ore & Logs

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: ZBoss.5610

ZBoss.5610

There are STILL bugs that when getting attacked or certain skills/passives are active that I will get ruined chunks of ore and logs even though I’m using the highest level pick.

My friend (Guardian) and I (Mesmer) were running through the CS area for map competition and on multiple occasions we both ran across this bug completely ruining harvesting. The worst was when this bug happened while harvesting Ori or Ancient Logs.

Please fix this bug. Thanks!

Ruined Ore & Logs

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Seconded (15 characters)

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Ruined Ore & Logs

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

I understand this is annoying. Luckily it doesn’t happen too often (I had it two times now, and I almost always farm when in combat).

It has no use however to make the 20th thread about this. It only creates more workload for the devs to read all bugg reports. They are aware of this. As long as there is no update note saying they fixed this, then it has no use to make another thread.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Ruined Ore & Logs

Posted by: arabeth.2361

arabeth.2361

I don’t think this is a bug. I think it’s intended. If you are getting attacked, your gathering efforts are ruined. This is probably intended to stop you from just running through an area and gathering without paying any attention to the mobs. You actually have to clear a site to gather.

Sorry but I don’t think this is a bug.

Ruined Ore & Logs

Posted by: mohrad.8972

mohrad.8972

I farm Orr quite frequently, yet to see that bug (ele and warrior).
It must be very enviromental one, so maybe test it out and post step-by-step or possible step-by-step guide for Anet?

Ruined Ore & Logs

Posted by: Discomoose.4913

Discomoose.4913

This is not a bug at all, if when harvesting materials you take a certain amount of dmg it ruins the harvested material. Stop and kill the mobs next time and enjoy your non-ruined materials, or use a dmg reduction CD whatever works for you.

Ruined Ore & Logs

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

It is a bug in that it only happens when certain trait related things process. Like get X buff when Y amount of damage is done to your character. This has the side-effect currently (or always; not sure how long this has been happening) of ruining the harvest when that happens. It has nothing to do with the amount of damage, since it happens less (or not at all) from my own observations in lower level areas where the trait doesn’t process as often due to level differences between my level 80 and the average mobs.

Then again, I might be totally wrong, and will be crucified by the forum know-it-alls and elites.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Ruined Ore & Logs

Discomoose.4913

It is a bug in that it only happens when certain trait related things process. Like get X buff when Y amount of damage is done to your character. This has the side-effect currently (or always; not sure how long this has been happening) of ruining the harvest when that happens. It has nothing to do with the amount of damage, since it happens less (or not at all) from my own observations in lower level areas where the trait doesn’t process as often due to level differences between my level 80 and the average mobs.

Then again, I might be totally wrong, and will be crucified by the forum know-it-alls and elites.

So what your saying is that you take enough dmg to proc the “take X amount of dmg and get Y” traits and it’s ruined, but in lower level zones where it doesn’t proc, it doesn’t ruin your gathering. This sounds like those traits are very close to the threshold of dmg between ruining the gathering and not. Once again not a bug, you just have a way of telling when you took too much dmg to gather properly.

Ruined Ore & Logs

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Thanks for the detailed reports – this is extremely helpful!

I’ll forward this along.

Ruined Ore & Logs

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

I sent in a bug report on this a while ago. It is seriously annoying.. and it’s a bit annoying you guys aren’t aware of it. Really? :/ Makes me wonder how much attention is paid to those reports.

This is not a bug at all, if when harvesting materials you take a certain amount of dmg it ruins the harvested material. Stop and kill the mobs next time and enjoy your non-ruined materials, or use a dmg reduction CD whatever works for you.

Yes it is a bug. I get more ruined stuff on my warrior than my necro. Why? Because of traited Shake it Off (will remove corruptions for you) and Last Stand (activates stability if dazed, knocked down, launched, pushed back, or stunned.) If either one of these is triggered whilst harvesting a node on warrior, it 100% results in a ruined piece of material.

Yes, sometimes you can get things ruined from damage. But that rarely happens for me. On necro or warrior if those two traits have triggered recently, I can have 3 mobs wailing on me but walk away with every harvest. But if my warrior shouts “Shake it Off!”? Bam,…. ruined node.

I generally kill everything on my warrior to prevent this from happening. But I can’t kill Temple Statues and their effects, now can I?

(edited by Lothirieth.3408)

Ruined Ore & Logs

Discomoose.4913

Yes it is a bug. I get more ruined stuff on my warrior than my necro. Why? Because of traited Shake it Off (will remove corruptions for you) and Last Stand (activates stability if dazed, knocked down, launched, pushed back, or stunned.) If either one of these is triggered whilst harvesting a node on warrior, it 100% results in a ruined piece of material.

Yes, sometimes you can get things ruined from damage. But that rarely happens for me. On necro or warrior if those two traits have triggered recently, I can have 3 mobs wailing on me but walk away with every harvest. But if my warrior shouts “Shake it Off!”? Bam,…. ruined node.

I generally kill everything on my warrior to prevent this from happening. But I can’t kill Temple Statues and their effects, now can I?

With a full explanation like this it does sound like a bug, be more clear about what you mean. Both so other posters know what you’re talking about and so devs know the problem you’re experiencing in full detail.

Ruined Ore & Logs

Posted by: Atrophied.8725

Atrophied.8725

Ele elite [Tornado] will also get you ruined ore/plant fibres/logs every time, too.

Xandra – 80s in all classes – Ele/Guard mains – [TL] – NSP

Ruined Ore & Logs

Posted by: mohrad.8972

mohrad.8972

Can you even harvest while in Tornado form ?
Being able to harvest while transformed to HANDLESS WIND sounds as bug in the first place for me.
:p

Ruined Ore & Logs

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

With a full explanation like this it does sound like a bug, be more clear about what you mean. Both so other posters know what you’re talking about and so devs know the problem you’re experiencing in full detail.

I don’t know how to be any more clear about it. On my warrior, if traits that cause an action like Shake It Off or Last Stand trigger, they guarantee a ruined node, every time. It has nothing to do with damage. If it did, I’d have ruined nodes all the time on my necro as she harvests in Orr with mobs attacking her all the time. Warrior is fine being attacked too, as long as I’m sure those traits won’t be triggering in the meantime.

And I already sent a bug report with these details several months ago….

Ruined Ore & Logs

Posted by: Mika.9815

Mika.9815

Explanation of how Harvesting Nodes produce Ruined Items submitted 2 days ago by LuckyShot1:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1lz1b0/psa_explanation_of_how_harvesting_nodes_produce/

What has happened is that some skill or trait has gone from passive to active while you were harvesting and this has caused you to produce ruined product. For example, when a Ranger has the trait, Shared Anguish (Wilderness Survival III) and gets hit with a daze while harvesting, any immediate product will be ruined. A second example would be on the Elementalist skill Arcane Shield. If the shield takes 3 hits, it explodes. Should the shield take 3 hits while you are harvesting, after it explodes, subsequent product will be ruined.

(edited by Mika.9815)

Ruined Ore & Logs

Posted by: brethyew.6219

brethyew.6219

In my experience the last few months, if you are being attacked by an enemy, are shown to be in combat, but do not hit them with any sort of offensive skill/attack, you can harvest normally. However, as soon as you hit an enemy with any skill or attack (minions/pets included), you will get ruined materials until you exit combat. So if you can withstand whatever is attacking you, you can just ignore it and do your harvesting. Hope that helps until they patch it

Ruined Ore & Logs

Posted by: phild.7862

phild.7862

+1 Warrior with traited Resistance (Balanced Stance on stun/knockback/etc.)

A fix would be kinda awesome. I remember that back then there was a similar bug, that caused ruined ore/logs because you drew your weapon when you were attacked. (At least I can’t remember having any traits, that activated anything back then.)

Ruined Ore & Logs

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Ye I noticed this happening a few times during my Timberline Falls farm (loads of bears attacking). Though, it doesn’t happen often. Just a shame that when it does happen you’re a silver or two out of pocket :P

Ruined Ore & Logs

Posted by: Virhe.9485

Virhe.9485

I think this have been around from the beginning. It just be there sometimes but not always.

Ruined Ore & Logs

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

i’ve had this happen to me twice in the last week — during times when no damage was being taken. MOST annoying!

Ruined Ore & Logs

Posted by: Ryhpez.7692

Ryhpez.7692

As someone who harvests ori/ancient wood daily since before the price hike, I can tell you the following:

1. Getting ruined has nothing to do with the amount of damage incoming.
2. Certain skills and traits is causing the ruined ore/wood. The following are a few examples of a sure way of getting ruined:
- Thief’s Instinctual Response
- Ele trying to mine while in whirlpool form (probably applies to tornado as well)
- Ele’s arcane shield breaks while mining/chopping will cause all remaining harvests to be ruined
- Mes Focus4 pull while mining
and plenty more…

Ruined Ore & Logs

Posted by: Ahratan.1098

Ahratan.1098

A couple more notes on this lame issue:

- A necromancer with the Reanimator trait (spawns jagged horror) sees this issue a lot. If your pets kill something while you’re harvesting and a jagged horror spawns, it will ruin the harvest results (from the point when the horror spawns and all subsequent results from that node, unless you stop and restart harvesting).

- The bug is exploitable by malevolent players. If a guardian uses Virtue of Justice and gives you flaming attacks while you’re harvesting, this will ruin your current results. Same with theif’s area-venom, mesmer’s timewarp, etc.

Ruined Ore & Logs

Posted by: Frenk the Vile.2596

Frenk the Vile.2596

i always get ruined ores when the trait skills activate.
i wrote something like 7 days after release about that :P

Ruined Ore & Logs

Posted by: Howell Qagan.9752

Howell Qagan.9752

It happens when 6th effect from Superior Rune of the Pack procs too.