Sounds dissapear after talking to scouts. [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Synnerr.2845

Synnerr.2845

I’ve searched on google and here if there was anyone with a similar problem like mine but found no answers.

So my problem is that every single time I talk to a scout, listening to all of what they have to say or closing the window early causes all character, combat and NPC sounds to cancel. Even after waiting a few minutes it doesn’t return, and the only sound that comes from the game is either music or just ambient sounds in the background.

Is there any way I can fix this?

Posted by: RedBaron.9652

RedBaron.9652

I’m also having the exact same problem. Zoning or logging out/back in are the only things that fix it.

Posted by: Jaegga.8475

Jaegga.8475

I am experiencing this same problem

Posted by: Cody Crichton.7516

Cody Crichton.7516

Sound Designer

Next

Thanks for the reports, folks. Fortunately, the repro is about as simple as it gets. We’ll get a fix out just as soon as we can.

Posted by: Howell Qagan.9752

Howell Qagan.9752

A temporary fix is to switch maps. Grab a Hall of Monuments Portal Stone (wiki it if you don’t know where and you happen to not to have one) and you can switch map with it. Or I guess logging out to character selection is a fix as well.

Posted by: DonRob.3605

DonRob.3605

Yes, logging out to character select does the trick for me. You do not have to exit the game. Hoping for a fix soon, as it’s annoying.

Posted by: Metheglin.6517

Metheglin.6517

Jumping to a waypoint in the same zone fixes it for me as long as it isn’t the closest waypoint.

Posted by: Robert.4197

Robert.4197

This is a very annoying bug. Even though I’m leveling up an alt, I talk to these scouts because sometimes I still miss these hearts. The first time it happened, I thought it was my computer. I went to delete local.dat and couldn’t find it so I had to search for it, found it and deleted it. Then I did a repair on gw2.dat. I didn’t think it was my computer since all my other sounds were working.

Posted by: Kotivo.2769

Kotivo.2769

This bug have no relation to Realtek drivers because it appears on other sound cards. I have Windows 7 x64 and Creative XFi sound card installed, but bug is still here.

Posted by: Zangetsu.5489

Zangetsu.5489

I have the exact same problem and it is annoying

Posted by: Trog.2918

Trog.2918

Not just me then. Good to see ANet are on the case at least

Logging out and in seems the easiest fix for now if you don’t want to spend any copper

Posted by: Xiroku.7604

Xiroku.7604

Just to add on, looking at a Vista, and getting downed also seems to bring the sound back.

Posted by: Tachyon.5897

Tachyon.5897

Still happening, they should really suspend Waypoint Fees until they get this fixed.

Posted by: Keenan Sieg

Previous

Keenan Sieg

Sound Designer

Next

Hey everyone. To reiterate what Cody posted, we are aware of the issue and working on a fix. Until then, as some users have pointed out, returning to the character selection screen and logging back in will function as a workaround. Thanks for your patience!

Posted by: cavemanreborntwo.5614

cavemanreborntwo.5614

Iv onley had this since the latest patch, anyone else experiencing this? Its killing the game atmosphere

Posted by: Brisko.4928

Brisko.4928

I can confirm the same issues. If I wait long enough the sound will come back on it’s own but it will bug out again after a while. Usually after talking to an NPC who has some audio or fast traveling using a waypoint.

Posted by: Tachyon.5897

Tachyon.5897

Any further information on when this will be fixed? It’s absolutely ruining the immersive atmosphere of the game. Come on, get it fixed.

Posted by: psycurt.3692

psycurt.3692

Same thing happening to me as well. Definitely not my computer. Slightly annoying but now that I know it’s not a hardware issue and that they are working on it, I am satisfied.

Thanks!

Posted by: cavemanreborntwo.5614

cavemanreborntwo.5614

Itll go then come back too yeah :/, lets hope it gets sorted soon, i thought it was my soundcard to begin with.

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

I am experiencing the same issue. It usually happen after entering a new map from one of it’s entry points, as opposed to way pointing to within from some where else. It comes back after a while, then cuts out again. It is not until I log out and close the client and reload that the sound effects come back.

Posted by: Shadow Wolf.3540

Shadow Wolf.3540

Also confirming this, lots of major sound issues with this patch, it keeps going in and out. The reddit said to turn the VOIP Ducking off but that hasn’t solved the problem.

Posted by: Shadow Wolf.3540

Shadow Wolf.3540

Oh, this is probably related to the other sound bug that’s been affecting me, namely the effects keep going in and out randomly.

Posted by: Roquela.4603

Roquela.4603

I am having this same problem, adjusting the volume/sound settings has not changed this. I have also checked my sound drivers just to make sure that this is not an issue with my system. The only way to get sound back is to re-log. Sometime when I change zones will also fix this but not always.

Posted by: Wrathchild.1763

Wrathchild.1763

Not sure if anybody else has experienced this but when talking to a scout certain sounds are missing. I don’t have no footprint sounds, weapon firing sounds and some ambient sounds are missing as well. The only way to get these sounds back is go talk to the scout again and if that doesn’t work then I have to log out and back in again.

Posted by: Markan.3460

Markan.3460

Yes, I am getting the same thing since about the Tequatl patch. It always seems to be the “combat” sounds for me. I also find that zoning can fix it.

The Older Gamers – Yak’s Bend

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I don’t know if it’s related, but I’m not getting the faint jingle sound played when crafting an item about 80% of the time.

Posted by: Cheesesandwich.6983

Cheesesandwich.6983

I came to the forums just to report this bug but I saw this thread.

I just created a new Norn Guardian and I am soloing content. Whenever i talk to a guard all my personal audio stops playing. No footsteps no shouts (save yourselves etc..) no weapon sounds. Music and enemy sounds however still play. Going to character select then back into the game is a temp fix. This is since tequatl patch.

I’m running windows 7 (i5 2500k/HD 7970) with a sound blaster recon 3d sound card.

Hope this info helps.

Posted by: Quiesco.2785

Quiesco.2785

Posted by: Cheesesandwich.6983

Cheesesandwich.6983

Thank you for pointing this out. This thread is unnecessary then!

Posted by: Keenan Sieg

Previous

Keenan Sieg

Sound Designer

Hey folks, dropping in to give you an update on this bug. We have a fix in place, but we want to be sure that it does not cause any adverse effects. We’re currently planning on implementing the fix with the next Living World update. Thank you for all the reports on this issue.

Posted by: UserError.7150

UserError.7150

Thanks for the reports, folks. Fortunately, the repro is about as simple as it gets. We’ll get a fix out just as soon as we can.

meaning 6months to 1year from now at the earliest

Posted by: UserError.7150

UserError.7150

Hey folks, dropping in to give you an update on this bug. We have a fix in place, but we want to be sure that it does not cause any adverse effects. We’re currently planning on implementing the fix with the next Living World update. Thank you for all the reports on this issue.

thats actually impressive timming….. now what about all those other ingame bugs people have been having trouble with since beta? or what about the bugs that have been getting released with game “updates”?

makes me think this update wont fix a whole lot, but also that the only way you would release it is if you have a few bugs to go with it

Posted by: elliott.2378

elliott.2378

Hey,

Lately, I’ve been encountering this glitch wherein any sounds associated with running or combat cut out after a while of playing. It varies in terms on when it tends to do that, but it seems to be happening with increasing frequency. Obviously, logging out and restarting seems to temporarily fix the problem, but looking for a more ideal solution. At the very least wanted to highlight the issue.

Posted by: Shield Maiden.5386

Shield Maiden.5386

I’m having the same problem. It can be awhile before it comes back in, too. =\

Posted by: NightWolf.7619

NightWolf.7619

I have the same problem too, this issue is happening recently only i didn’t have this issue before

Posted by: Cabishop.6745

Cabishop.6745

I have experienced this problem too.

Posted by: Zupp.6125

Zupp.6125

I also have the same problem.

I can reproduce this bug with the following steps:

1) Go to the Scout NPC (the ones with a telescope on the mini map that you haven’t visited) on any PvE maps

2) Talk to them and the movie / cut scene (telling you about the quests and stuff) should play

3) When the movie starts to plays, press the “Escape Button” to skip the movie.

4) Character combat / footstep sound disappears

These steps works 100% of the time for me. If the other players can also confirm this as well, it would help the dev + QA to fix the problem.

Thanks.

(edited by Zupp.6125)

Posted by: fabd.7026

fabd.7026

Also have this problem with the Scouts. Pretty sure it was introduced in September patch because I didn’t notice it before (Windows 7 x64).

I don’t know if it’s related, but I’m not getting the faint jingle sound played when crafting an item about 80% of the time.

I also experience this now. Crafting isn’t very interesting to begin with, so seeing the crafting progress bars and discoveries without any sound effects is a real let down. :/

I don’t know if it is related. I just don’t remember noticing this before. I’m crafting in Black Citadel atm, both going to character select and restarting game have no effect.

Posted by: fabd.7026

fabd.7026

Weren’t there sound effects when you open/close character sheet, bags, or activate the crafting station? It’s so weird. I have none of these sounds

Posted by: jmrathbun.7263

jmrathbun.7263

I’m having similar problems with sounds absent after conversations with NPC’s beginning with the latest patch. The only resolution I’ve found is to log off and back on again.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

In the meantime, if someone experiencing this issue happens to be a Necromancer, Jmvars mentioned here that you can enter and then exit Death Shroud and sounds should be returned to normal. I’m not sure if it is accurate, but it may help some of the players experiencing this who also happen to be Necromancers.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Update
Just to notify those who may not have noticed, a new game update has now marked this issue as being fixed.

Fixed an issue that caused audio loss when players interacted with scout NPCs.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: sheepZA.7054

sheepZA.7054

I still have missing weapon sound effects, creature sound effects are loud and clear, but weapon sounds are non existent.
I have tried updating sound drivers, reinstalling game but nothing seems to bring back the weapon sounds.