cultivated seed swapped with pet seed

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Sevei.3012

Sevei.3012

The cultivated seed from making the first backpack of last patch somehow got swapped with the Pet Seed that should be made from the Dragon Reach 2 items. making it impossible to make the new backpiece

Made the first tier piece, last patch in episode 3.
the cultivated seed was in my inventory.
I’ve already completed the construction steps for the episode 4 one (chaos pot/lamp).

(edited by Sevei.3012)

Posted by: EvanTeicheira

EvanTeicheira

ArenaNet Alpha Team

Next

Hey Sevei! Thank you for the report! I have a few quick questions for you which could help us substantially in trying to identify the root of the problem (pun intended):

• Did you create the first tier of the back-piece (the Exotic-level item) before today’s patch?
  • Was the seed in your bank or in your character’s inventory?
  • Have you progressed through any of the construction steps introduced in Episode 4? If so, which steps have you completed?

If you could also provide a screenshot which highlights the issue, it would help us greatly!

Thanks, and see you online!

ArenaNet QA Team

(edited by EvanTeicheira.3962)

Posted by: Kalico.9246

Kalico.9246

This also happened to me…

- I created the Mysterious Vine a week ago, before the patch.
- I had the Cultivated Seed stored in my account bank.
- I have not begun or activated Dragon’s Reach P2 story arc yet.

Please help!!!

Edit: Attached a screen shot of the Pet Seed.

Attachments:

(edited by Kalico.9246)

Posted by: Shafufufaku.6387

Shafufufaku.6387

same here
made it before the patch and it was in my bank

Posted by: Average Momo.8153

Average Momo.8153

Having the same issue.

-Made Mysterious Vine backpiece before the patch.
-Cultivated Seed was in my character’s inventory (now replaced with Pet Seed).
-I’ve completed all the Episode 4 story instances and so far made the Chaos Infused Clay Pot, Attuned Grow Lamp, Package of Ley Line Dusted Plant Food and Heat Stone.

Posted by: Yojimaru.4980

Yojimaru.4980

Happened to me as well, completed the back piece during the last living story episode, got the cultivated seed for it. I rush through today making the Chaos infused pot, and then notice that for some reason my cultivated seed had turned into a pet seed. I should note that unlike several other users in this thread, my seed was in my character inventory, not my bank.

(edited by Yojimaru.4980)

Posted by: ascii.9267

ascii.9267

Same here.

Create mysterious vine backpiece over week ago. Had cultivate seed in my bank. Today it was replaced with pet seed.

Attachments:

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

I also have this same problem. Previously I made mine a week ago. Not sure why I wasted the time for those stats but that’s a different matter. I also had mine tucked safely away in the bank. I didn’t pay attention to it so who knows when it went wrong, but I have finished the story and also infused the other 3 items. I only discovered it when I went to pull out the right item and see this one there now.

Posted by: Kestrel.3780

Kestrel.3780

I have had the same problem. I made the backpiece for part 1 way before today’s patch. I had the cultivated seed in my player’s inventory in a 20-slot invisible pack. I finished the story part of part 2 and got the three new items and have “charged” all of them as well. Didn’t notice the change in the seed until I got the chaos infused clay pot and it wouldn’t plant the seed.

I really hope I’m not going to have to spend the laurels and re-make the first backpiece again…

Posted by: Shadowmoon.7986

Shadowmoon.7986

Seed was in bank, made a week ago. It appears the seed has been switched if you left it in your bank

Posted by: Singer.8740

Singer.8740

Same for me. Hope a bug fixes happens soon.

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

Same problem here. Cultivated seed was in my character’s inventory before the patch. I received the cultivated seed a week before the patch. When I logged in, my cultivated seed was automatically replaced with the new pet seed.

Posted by: Kippensoep.1524

Kippensoep.1524

Same problem here. I made the backpiece before the new patch and stored the seed in my bank.

Posted by: PetboyJoshua.3108

PetboyJoshua.3108

Same problem here.
I had the cultivated seed in my bank before the patch, and I made the back item yesterday.
I think it was changed into a pet seed just after the patch, before I even started playing today’s living story, but I’m not quite sure about this.

Posted by: Schnitzelweck.7690

Schnitzelweck.7690

Same for me.
Made the backpiece before the new patch & stored the seed in bank.

Posted by: Tyliout.1064

Tyliout.1064

Same problem here made the backpiece and cultivated seed was in my character inventory and now it has become a pet seed.

Posted by: Ice.8694

Ice.8694

Same for me, I made the first back piece and had the Cultivated Seed on my main character. It became a ‘Pet Seed’ And keeps directing me to the Fractals.

Posted by: sinradr.7186

sinradr.7186

I am having same problem.

Made the backpiece about a week ago and kept it in the bank.
The seed was in the bank.
I have made the attuned grow lamp, and piles of crackling ley line dust.

:(

Posted by: cadenheadr.5604

cadenheadr.5604

This also happened to me…
- I created the Mysterious Vine last week
- I had the Cultivated Seed stored in character bags
- I have completed the story arc for part 2, and have finished the pot, food, and grow attuned grow lamp, just no seed to plant…

Posted by: Northstrider.2456

Northstrider.2456

I also completed the Vine before the Patch and got the pet seed instead of the cultivated seed.
- Always kept the cultivated seed in my Inventory
- Completed the arc 2 and finished all the components for the cultivated seed

Posted by: ginganinja.6752

ginganinja.6752

Same problem here. cultivated seed swapped with pet seed. Already built first part of backpiece.

Posted by: Ltomato.8649

Ltomato.8649

Kept my seed in my inventory as a sort of RP feeling.
Didn’t notice it was a Pet Seed until I created my Chaos Infused Clay Pot and Attuned Glow Lamp and tried double clicking.

Once I noticed, I thought maybe using it with the pot just let me continue with the ascended version, and started working on that.

Posted by: Buttstallion.6138

Buttstallion.6138

Made mysterious vine backpiece before the new patch. Can confirm that the cultivated seed turned into a pet seed after i logged out to download the patch as i noticed the change as i activated dragons reach pt 2.

Posted by: PNDA.8945

PNDA.8945

me too pet seed after patch

Posted by: derpy.7236

derpy.7236

i made the mysterious vine before the patch and left it and the cultivated seed in my bank. after the patch the cultivated seed turned into a pet seed.

Posted by: Lordphantomhive.1256

Lordphantomhive.1256

Yep, put the seed in my bank around a week ago when I made the excotic version, and now it a pet seed.

Darkness becomes light, light falls into darkness.

Posted by: Musik.8509

Musik.8509

Same problem here.
Made the exotic version on sunday, had the seed in the characters inventory and when I checked today after the patch, it had turned into the pet seed.

Posted by: Nebulis.8973

Nebulis.8973

Pet seed here too

Ranger ~ Gwenavin Silvarlsti
Warrior ~ Kahless Coldstone
Elementalist ~ Kira The Star Child | Server ~ FA

Posted by: FalconOSeven.2364

FalconOSeven.2364

Also have a pet seed, it was stored in my bank and I made the first backpiece before today’s patch. I’m not sure if it was a cultivated or pet seed before doing some of the new steps and didn’t check till after I had done the first step for each of the new parts.

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

Same here! I have all the stuff ready, except my cultivated seed (inventory) got replaced with a pet seed. )=

Created the previous backpack, of course.

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

(edited by tetrodoxin.2134)

Posted by: VoxShatterfall.5470

VoxShatterfall.5470

My cultivated seed was in my bank, but after I logged in after the patch it turned into a pet seed.

I then proceeded to just complete the living story thinking this was intended and eventually made a mists infused pot and planted it into the pot thinking it was the “right way” to go. I now have a Pet Seedling.

I also have the attuned grow lamp and the Resonating chaos orb, with the package of ley line infused dust food. Lastly I have the heat stone.

Edit: forgot to add that I have 7 other mysterious seeds in my storage as well as 7+ units of each of the past food / pot modifying items (Residue, stones, glacial water)

Commander Vox Shatterfall / Ward Zabach / Ifrit the Immolated
Angry Intent | Multiple Servers
WTB Razor Blade Free Candy!

(edited by VoxShatterfall.5470)

Posted by: bluemaize.4368

bluemaize.4368

Made the vine back piece last week. Cultivated seed was stored in my inventory. Now it is a Pet Seed

Posted by: Alex the Precise.3654

Alex the Precise.3654

I’m in the same boat. Made back piece last week, got seed, seed became a pet seed. Kind of a bummer. I really like the look of the new piece.

Posted by: Drlightningbolt.1754

Drlightningbolt.1754

Same here, this is really making me sad Q_Q

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

Same for me as well…

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

Posted by: Pompykins.2810

Pompykins.2810

Made Mysterious Vine before the update, got the Cultivated Seed and stored it in my bank. Finished living story and gathered items to upgrade the Mysterious Vine, then saw that my Cultivated Seed had turned into a Pet Seed.

Sinpiii is a Disney princess.

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Same here, I am stuck with the pet seed and can’t craft the next step without the cultivated seed.

Posted by: Solomon Darkfury.3729

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Hey Sevei! Thank you for the report! I have a few quick questions for you which could help us substantially in trying to identify the root of the problem (pun intended):

• Did you create the first tier of the back-piece (the Exotic-level item) before today’s patch?
  • Have you progressed through any of the construction steps introduced in Episode 4? If so, which steps have you completed?

If you could also provide a screenshot which highlights the issue, it would help us greatly!

Mine has been replaced with “Pet Seed” as well

I finished mine on first day of Dragon’s Reach Pt1

I am currently at the point where I was to plant my cultivated seed. I went to my bank to get it out and saw it was changed….

Hopefully this gets resolved asap as it is holding up the completion of my backpack…

Posted by: relayinabox.4219

relayinabox.4219

~Did you create the first tier of the back-piece (the Exotic-level item) before today’s patch?
Yes.
~Was the seed in your bank or in your character’s inventory?
It was in my character’s inventory.

I have all construction upgrades ready for the next phase of growth, but cannot plant any seed as my Cultivated Seed was turned into a Pet Seed.

of the Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Kahlynn Rose.7983

Kahlynn Rose.7983

My seed was in my bank. I had created the 1st back piece but I had not started any new story steps other than reading the letter.

Posted by: oneiro.1987

oneiro.1987

Happening to me as well

Did you create the first tier of the back-piece (the Exotic-level item) before today’s patch? Yes I did.

Was the seed in your bank or in your character’s inventory? It was in my character’s inventory.

I have all of the upgrades ready, but have not started combining any components yet.

Posted by: KrayzCorp.7368

KrayzCorp.7368

I am currently holding:
1 Attuned Glow Lamp
1 Chaos Infused Clay Pot
1 Package of Ley Line Dusted Plant Food
1 Pet Seedling

Did not pay attention that it was Pet Seed and Put it into a Mists Infused Pot

-Created 1st backpiece prior to patch
-Seed was in bank prior to patch

Posted by: SlightlyLive.2713

SlightlyLive.2713

Add me to the pile. Cultivated Seed > Pet Seed

Completed all the episode 3 steps within the first few days, put everything in bank until today. Beat story, got new items, completed their instructions, checked bank, found swapped seed.

Posted by: Dagrin the Ethereal.8371

Dagrin the Ethereal.8371

I have the same issue. I completed the Exotic backpiece prior to the patch today. I had it stored in my bank as the Cultivated seed. After the patch, without completing anything in the new story, it has changed to the Pet Seed. Attached is my screenshot of the Pet Seed in my vault. The item help box did not save in the screenshot unfortunately, but the caption says “Pet Seed”

Attachments:

Dagrin – Master of the downed state

Posted by: Jmdwow.7201

Jmdwow.7201

I have the same problem. I just made the chaos pot, and I found that I had the wrong seed to use with it. My seed was stored in my bank, and it was just suddenly different.

Posted by: Laar.5476

Laar.5476

I too have the pet seed, I completed the back last week, it was in my characters inventory and I have already made 2 of the new items for the cultivated vine.

Posted by: Katra Heartsong.3829

Katra Heartsong.3829

Add my name to list, I had the cultivated seed in my bank waiting for today’s patch. I’m wondering if anyone has completed the first step after the patch. My husband needs to wait a few more days for his plates of piquant plant food as he doesn’t have cooking and I do. Will he be bugged like everyone else?

Posted by: Kalico.9246

Kalico.9246

Add my name to list, I had the cultivated seed in my bank waiting for today’s patch. I’m wondering if anyone has completed the first step after the patch. My husband needs to wait a few more days for his plates of piquant plant food as he doesn’t have cooking and I do. Will he be bugged like everyone else?

My boyfriend made his Mysterious Vine today after the patch and he got the Cultivated Seed so he should be fine.

Posted by: Rageclinic.5196

Rageclinic.5196

yes
inventory
chaos pot, the dusty plant food and the germinated foxfire cluster

Posted by: Thayel.1236

Thayel.1236

Same issue. Seed was in character vault, made the first back piece a few days ago.