cultivated seed swapped with pet seed

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Katra Heartsong.3829

Katra Heartsong.3829

Add my name to list, I had the cultivated seed in my bank waiting for today’s patch. I’m wondering if anyone has completed the first step after the patch. My husband needs to wait a few more days for his plates of piquant plant food as he doesn’t have cooking and I do. Will he be bugged like everyone else?

My boyfriend made his Mysterious Vine today after the patch and he got the Cultivated Seed so he should be fine.

Thanks for the info, good to know that the hubs will be ok. Hopefully Anet fixes this for the rest of us soon.

Posted by: FuguZombie.2938

FuguZombie.2938

Same issue here. I finished my backpiece a little over a week ago and I had the cultivated seed in my inventory before it was switched with the pet seed.

Posted by: FlashOfKurome.4952

FlashOfKurome.4952

Same issue,
inventory,
chaos pot, dusted plant food, and germinated foxfire cluster

Posted by: Gale.4815

Gale.4815

Same problem… I finished my backpiece about a week ago and I had the cultivated seed in my bank, but now it’s a pet seed instead.

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I made the back piece few days ago. Seed was in my bank and not in inventory. Back piece is on another alt who has not done the story (my warrior has done the stories). Just finished getting the Foxfire germinated cluster, resonating chaos orb, and pile of crackling leyline dust. I moved the seed to inventory and noticed it became a Pet Seed. I have not made any pot yet though (still figuring out what I need to do for that).
** just finished the chaos infused clay pot but have not gone any further than that.

Attachments:

(edited by Aerinndis.2730)

Posted by: Skyeraid.3470

Skyeraid.3470

I’ll add my voice to this as well. Now I have the pet seed instead of the cultivated seed. Please fix this bug

-Skyeraid-

Posted by: KyraGal.6583

KyraGal.6583

You can add me to that list as well. I had made the first back-piece, put the seed in my bank, then had it in my character inventory. It wasn’t until I had crafted some of the next stuff that I realized the seed was different.

Posted by: trassr justin.9743

trassr justin.9743

I had the same exact issue. I made my piece before patch and didn’t do any of the construction outside of making my chaos pot and so on and I suddenly have the pet seed without having clicked anything so I cannot make my backpiece.

Posted by: DragonKnight.3281

DragonKnight.3281

I also had my Cultivated Seed mysteriously turned into a Pet Seed which requires a Mist Infused Pot, rather than the Chaos Infused Pot that I’m currently working on.

I made first tier of the back-piece (exotic) before the patch and placed it in my bank.

The seed was in my inventory and was never removed from my inventory since the moment I got it.

I wasn’t paying attention, so I finished episode four before I even noticed the issue.

Attachments:

Posted by: raiistar.4823

raiistar.4823

same thing happened to me.
Crafted the mysterious vine back 2 days ago and now i have pet seed

Posted by: DontJudgeMe.3958

DontJudgeMe.3958

Same issue, suddenly a Pet Seed and I can’t do anything with it yet.

I had created the backpiece a week ago. (exotic)
The seed has been in my inventory this entire week.
I have created Attuned Grow Lamp, Package of Ley Line Dusted Plant Food, and Chaos Infused Clay Pot in episode 4.

Would assume I would be able to plant the seed into the pot, but I can’t do anything with it.

Posted by: Grave Lord Nito.4530

Grave Lord Nito.4530

I’m having the same issue as well. The pet seed can’t be used with anything I have currently so short of going through the whole process again I’m stuck

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

I’m having the same problem. I created the back item a little under a week ago and left the seed in my bank and now it’s a pet seed. I haven’t done any of the current episode yet (other than unlocking and activating it).

Posted by: KokoroPixie.3786

KokoroPixie.3786

I also now have a pet seed – made the exotic back piece last week.

Posted by: Mojo.8431

Mojo.8431

same bug here, I made the first back item before this latest update and had the cultivated seed in my bank, I created the chaos infused clay pot and activated the other key items before noticing I had the wrong seed all of a sudden

Posted by: Zariyen.6012

Zariyen.6012

Same issue, made mine yesterday (or maybe the day before) and kept the seed in my bank. I haven’t started any of new construction.

(edited by Zariyen.6012)

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I’m starting to think this was a bug on purpose, to give them more time to correct something they knew couldn’t go live – I mean why else would an item be renamed to ‘pet seed’? Doesn’t make sense.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Krion.2410

Krion.2410

Happened to mine as well and it was in my inventory at the time.

Posted by: Demonsbane.9651

Demonsbane.9651

I am also having this issue. I made my back piece before today’s patch. Of the new steps, I have already made a chaos infused clay pot and an attuned grow lamp.

Posted by: Scriniel.2930

Scriniel.2930

Same issue with me as well. I made the first back item yesterday, and put the cultivated seed in the bank. After the patch, I noticed the my seed switch to a “pet seed.” I didn’t think much of it, and made my chaos infused clay pot, attuned grow lamp, and heat stone. I also have the pile of crackling ley line dust.

(edited by Scriniel.2930)

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

Same issue.

Seed was in the bank vault.
Made the first back piece yesterday, before the patch.
Logged in today, and it was already a pet seed.

Posted by: darkknightt.6825

darkknightt.6825

I created my backpiece a few days before the patch happened today with my seed in my bank I believe. I have finished the current story arc with the germinated foxfire cluster, infused pot and currently working towards the heat stone and lamp. However, my cultivated seed changed to pet seed today after I took it out of my bank and put it into my inventory.

Posted by: jackthyrippr.8640

jackthyrippr.8640

made the mysterious vine before the released of dragon reach part 2, the cultivated seed was in my inventory and was changed after the patch was released to pet seed

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Same issue here. My cultivated seed is mysteriously now a Pet Seed.

It was stored in my bank.
I made the first iteration of the backpiece before today’s patch.
I completed the story steps and some of the new bits to make the backpiece.

I didn’t notice anything was amiss until I went to plant the seed in my new pot and nothing happened. I then clicked on the seed and it pointed at Fractals and so I looked on the wiki and found the recipe for the fractal pot, but I don’t even know if that works yet or not >.<

Posted by: Queen Seravat.4217

Queen Seravat.4217

Same issue made first BP first day now Pet Seed in bank

./seravat

Posted by: Grim.2049

Grim.2049

I’m having the same issue. Had a cultivated seed but now it’s a Pet Seed.
Created the first back piece 2 weeks ago.
Currently have made Attuned Grow Lamp, Package of Ley Line Dusted Plant Food and Chaos Infused Clay Pot.

Attachments:

Grimdoctor | Support IS Power!

(edited by Grim.2049)

Posted by: Phroman.1793

Phroman.1793

So I started working on this without noticing the cultivated seed had changed to a pet seed and kept working on it thinking there were doing to be different types of back pieces. So I made two pots one chaos infused and one mist pot, I’m sure we’ll get a fix soon but will I lose my pet seedling? Foxfire’s aren’t that cheap.

Attachments:

Posted by: Blight.4806

Blight.4806

Got my cultivated seed 2nd day of part 1. I didnt notice the seed in my item menu changed to pet seed. i got all 3 of the items updated

Posted by: DeadDuke.6087

DeadDuke.6087

Same here,

made the back piece a week ago, and had the cultivated seed in my bank.

Posted by: Kuya.2019

Kuya.2019

Adding my name to the long lists of Same here!

Though I went and made my Pet Seed into a Pet Seedling since I assumed it was part of the crafting process until I discovered I can’t progress further…

Did you see that? Tell me you saw that!

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

Same issue with getting the pet seed swapped.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

Posted by: Honorordeath.6820

Honorordeath.6820

I noticed the pet seed had mentioned getting a Pot infused by the Mists or whatever the in game text is, and without realizing it was a bug yet let it lead me on into the Fractals of the Mists portal and purchased the mists stone.

I had created the back piece prior to the patch and have a story similar to most others here. I’ve finished the story for the newest part and have completed progress on all of the construction pieces excluding the newest food for the plant.

Posted by: DragonSquid.5873

DragonSquid.5873

same problem,
Seed was in Vault, moved to backpack, then noticed it was a Pet Seed

Posted by: OmNiCiDe.3459

OmNiCiDe.3459

I have this issue as well,

The Exotic Backpiece was made prior to todays patch

Cultivated Seed was in character “Cinder Warforge” ’s inventory

The only Steps for the new backpiece that have been taken are the steps to prepare the Story reward objects (pollinate foxfire cluster, chaos radiation infused thing, and the waypoint dust thing)
These steps were done on a different character “Osirion”

Posted by: Shuggie.7184

Shuggie.7184

Same issue. Cultivated seed turned into Pet seed in my bank.

Posted by: Exit.5213

Exit.5213

I have also encountered this bug. Crafted first backpiece last week, put the seed in bank. Now I have Pet Seed instead of Cultivated Seed.

As it is now unable to craft new backpiece. I have prepared other 3 pieces required to craft it.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

The pet seed is “sending” me to the fractals, I assume because you can buy a myst thing there to make a myst infused clay pot… rather than the chaos one? Do I craft the entire thing twice then, once for the back item and once for the pet?

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I knew there was something wrong.

My cultivated Seed got replaced by a Pet Seed too.

Did you create the first tier of the back-piece (the Exotic-level item) before today’s patch?

• Yes.

Was the seed in your bank or in your character’s inventory?

• The seed was in my inventory.

Have you progressed through any of the construction steps introduced in Episode 4? If so, which steps have you completed?

• I charged the [Germinated Foxfire Cluster], [Pile of Crackling Ley Line Dust] and [Resonating Chaos Orb]. I did no other step. I do not remember at which point my seed got replaced by a pet seed. Ii may have been right after the update.
SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: CameronJames.4897

CameronJames.4897

Same issue here, waiting patiently to craft my new backpiece!

Posted by: druidknight.8413

druidknight.8413

Same problem, cultivated seed is now a pet seed. I hope a fix will be made expediently

Posted by: Dragon Ruler X.8512

Dragon Ruler X.8512

It seems this is a big deal?

I have no clue what to do with this “seed” atm. I followed Dulfy last time all the way through to the creation of my Exotic back item. I have pursued this no further than that aside from completing Dragon’s Reach Part 2 and obtaining those items.

I have a “Pet Seed” in my Bank, which is where I left the “Cultivated Seed” after the creation of my back item.

I’m simply posting this response as suggested on another forum thread that I had passed by earlier today.

Please message me if there are other details that are required or requested.

Thank You,
Dragon

Posted by: Dietere.3476

Dietere.3476

Same issue. I created the exotic backpiece this morning about 1 hour before the patch. I put the backpiece and the cultivated seed into bank.

Just finished making the chaos pot, the food, and the lamp. Now stuck. Sad face.

Posted by: Kehza.3409

Kehza.3409

Same Problem here I’m afraid, completed before patch, seed was in bank as a “cultivated seed”, after patch it was turned into a “pet seed”

Posted by: lumosbabe.5619

lumosbabe.5619

My “Cultivated Seed” changed into a “Pet Seed” as well after this patch.

The cultivated seed was in my BANK. I received it before the recent patch. I also created the “Mysterious Vine” before the recent patch.

Please add my name to the list of bugs and hope to see this resolved soon.

Thanks,

lumosbabe

I aim to guard, kill, shoot, shatter, corrupt, steal, heal, and burn.

Posted by: faience.4692

faience.4692

my vine back piece was finished a week ago, now have pet seed, it was in my bank

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Same here, I have the pet seed, no cultivated seed. I made it the sunday after the patch went live, and it was in my bank. I’ve completed the second part of the storyline, but all I have is the resonating chaos orb.

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

Same issue with me, exotic tier pet seed… So bummed!

Created the back item (thus the seed) almost a week ago, left it in my bank and now its a poor little pet.

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

Posted by: HeartShard.5730

HeartShard.5730

I completed the Backpack about five days ago, the seed was being kept in my character’s inventory. Now it’s a pet seed. so sad.

Posted by: Encarton.3985

Encarton.3985

I also just checked my pack to find a pet seed instead of a cultivated seed.

I created my back piece before the patch and kept the seed in my characters inventory in a 20 slot invisible pack. I don’t know if it was replaced upon logging in, but I just checked it now after having completed the first task and while I was making my way to Taimi.

Asura Engineer Doc Sokk on the Isle of Janthir

Posted by: wwwes.1398

wwwes.1398

Same issue, didn’t even realize….