Black Lion Trading company

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Arrowrunner.2948

Arrowrunner.2948

Just to confirm Sarah’s workaround worked for me: all TP functions are back.
Macbook Pro with OS X 10.9.2 Build 13C64.

Posted by: LittleKivi.6408

LittleKivi.6408

i could not even find GW2 folder under library

Make sure it’s under your username folder’s library, if you don’t know go to finder and press COMMAND+SHIFT+G and type: /users/$youraccountname$/library . Let us know if you need any more help!

that’s helpful! i found it, thank you~
i relaunch the game but the TP is still not working~

(edited by LittleKivi.6408)

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

work around not working for me, no matter what gw i try and run (OLD AND NEW) it is asking me to download the whole game again?? ugh. help PLEASE SOMEONE

You didn’t read the instructions.

Posted by: Yifang.8260

Yifang.8260

Oh goody, brand new problem.

Thanks to the update I can’t play the game period. The update requires OSX 10.7.5 or later. I’m running 10.6.8.

I know that technically we’re supposed to run 10.7 for the game, but up until just now running older versions worked just fine.

So, note for all older mac users: 10.6.8 is no longer a usable OS. Gotta go buy a new one.

You can upgrade to Mavericks for free.

The problem with Mavericks is it does not work or causes several issues with many older applications. So if you have several hundred or thousand dollars invested in software that’s not compatible with Mavericks, upgrading to it is NOT and option. But you can still purchase OS 10.7, and 10.8 at the Apple Store (for 19.99) and check compatibility with older applications like Photoshop CS 5, etc.. at roaringapps.com. This way one can check to see what they can safely upgrade too, without invalidating an older application they have on their Mac’s.

For me personally I had to purchase OS X 10.7 and have to wait to get the email key from Applestore to install it before I can play this game again. As I only have a few older applications that are not compatible with 10.7 (ones I rarely use now). But I start having issues with 10.8 and later for some expensive audio editing software, so that limits me at present (until I purchase a new macbook pro this summer/fall). And I cannot play GW2 now on my current 10.6.8 system until I get my email “delivery” of 10.7 from Apple.

The biggest issue I have with Anet on this, is the lack of prior notification to mac users of the mandatory change to 10.7 on this patch (before it was optional). A week or two heads up for us would have been really helpful for those of us using older OS’s to prepare for a patch occurring in the middle of a weekend.

That’s a very reasonable price considering how much those awful windows programs cost. (Not that many people actually buy them anyway) For stuff 2012 and earlier seems Lion is the most compatible of OS X though there are many free to play app games I cannot use on Lion which is a shame. As this is my first mac OS I’m reluctant to make the change to Mavericks either!

Again yes I think everyone’s in their right to rage here, I felt the same way rather just wait for when they release a fix that doesn’t need any hoop jumping but as what Sarah gave us was relatively simple I swallowed my pride and tried…

The misaligned text and prices still being split in two lines still persists, very irritating though better than a dead tp, even so very rightly said we shouldn’t be too grateful for was delivered. Having macs was meant to simplify computing, the GUI and all that came after but in this windows dominated computer games industry seems not…

Posted by: noor.7960

noor.7960

i could not even find GW2 folder under library

Make sure it’s under your username folder’s library, if you don’t know go to finder and press COMMAND+SHIFT+G and type: /users/$youraccountname$/library . Let us know if you need any more help!

that’s helpful! i found it, thank you~
i relaunch the game but the TP is still not working~

Sorry that your TP is still not working. I’m on GW2 right now trying to help people. Meet me there and hopefully I can help you. My name is Guardian Noor

Posted by: DragonXRose.8534

DragonXRose.8534

The work-around works for me so yay

GANDARA -The Searing- [TS]
Cypressa Belladonna / Yhana Belladonna / Siri Vargsdottir / Kata Sharpe
Siri Meccano / Ysana Deathpale / Siri Bladedancer / Siri Strongheart

Posted by: Xelim.3984

Xelim.3984

Few things I want to say.

First, although Anet has released a workaround for the current TP issue, however I won’t say thank you for that because you guys don’t deserve it. IT IS YOUR GODkitten JOB to maintain your product’s quality, not asking your clients to do this do that. Imagine you are ordering food at a top notch restaurant, and then they tell you to go cook it youself under their instructions.

Second, I am not going to fix the problem myself with the workaround offerred, nor logging in to play before a proper patch is dishing out. Why? Because satisfying and feeling thankful with the workaround means encouraging similar incidences in the future. It relates back to my first point, why would I say thank you when this is your job to prevent issues at your best effort.

Third, serious question: have you guys ever thought of ways to improve your support services to the mac community? It seems to me that, Anet apologises everytime they wreck something, and they keep repeating to do so in EVERY F PATCH. So your job is fixing wrecks but not preventing them?

I know my post probably is going to sink or being bashed by other players who are content with the workaround. I don’t care, but I just wanna voice out that I do not satisfy with your firm’s current service.

I’d have to agree. I’ve been one of the only people constantly trying to calm people down, and I am glad they have a work around for the people willing to try it, but I also won’t be trying it. I don’t HAVE to play the game. It’s been annoying that I haven’t been able to sell or buy anything, but I’ve been doing other stuff instead.

Posted by: kronos.4761

kronos.4761

i really dont know what taking them so long…. i mean regular ppl start finding ways around the problem …if you not good in your job maybe you shouldnt be there in the first place …. thats how it works with the rest of us ……game or not …… its only a game for us its a job for you and you are not good at it…

Posted by: MooNRiSinG.4170

MooNRiSinG.4170

Thanks, Sarah! It worked like a charm

Posted by: Dothl Lai.5829

Dothl Lai.5829

Few things I want to say.

First, although Anet has released a workaround for the current TP issue, however I won’t say thank you for that because you guys don’t deserve it. IT IS YOUR GODkitten JOB to maintain your product’s quality, not asking your clients to do this do that. Imagine you are ordering food at a top notch restaurant, and then they tell you to go cook it youself under their instructions.

Second, I am not going to fix the problem myself with the workaround offerred, nor logging in to play before a proper patch is dishing out. Why? Because satisfying and feeling thankful with the workaround means encouraging similar incidences in the future. It relates back to my first point, why would I say thank you when this is your job to prevent issues at your best effort.

Third, serious question: have you guys ever thought of ways to improve your support services to the mac community? It seems to me that, Anet apologises everytime they wreck something, and they keep repeating to do so in EVERY F PATCH. So your job is fixing wrecks but not preventing them?

I know my post probably is going to sink or being bashed by other players who are content with the workaround. I don’t care, but I just wanna voice out that I do not satisfy with your firm’s current service.

I’d have to agree. I’ve been one of the only people constantly trying to calm people down, and I am glad they have a work around for the people willing to try it, but I also won’t be trying it. I don’t HAVE to play the game. It’s been annoying that I haven’t been able to sell or buy anything, but I’ve been doing other stuff instead.

You know… I start to doubt that the patch they released earlier today was a fake patch. For? To make them appearing as if they were constantly working over the weekend. That “oh we have tried so hard to find the solutions… and here goes your patch. What? It doesn’t work? That’s unfortunate…let me try harder”.

And I know this might be unfair to many Anet staff, but come on… who is treating us fairly when you have all the windows clients to take care with. Sorry Anet, you guys never convinced me that work has been done over the past weekend.

(edited by Dothl Lai.5829)

Posted by: AWorthyMan.6928

AWorthyMan.6928

Just want to confirm that the workaround also worked for me.

It’s been frustrating to have no access to in-game economy for almost a week, but I understand how difficult unforeseen technical bugs can be to deal with and I want to thank their entire support staff for their dedication, communication, and professionalism. Good luck with a permanent fix.

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

Okay lets stop that right here. There is absolutely no proof that Anet is purposely deceiving us about their support of the mac client. No, that doesn’t mean I am okay with their support. Historically, the mac client support has been minimal to non-existent as far as well can tell.

I say as far as we call tell because we have very little information as far as what is going on. Everyone knew the mac client was a kluge that would break if anything significant happened to the windows client. At least we all seemed to believe that at launch. We even received relatively regular communication for the first 3 months. Then the communication stopped. Bugs started piling up and taking forever to fix. Thankfully they were mostly of the laser hawks forever variety and not the you have three minutes to play the game before a crash variety.

I think we’re all aware of the history especially the part where Anet seemingly forgot that the mac client was a kluge and started making huge changes to the engine without ever testing if the mac client would still function with all these huge changes. Again, I say seemingly because we have no idea what is actually going on. All we know is that there is no mac specific QA and that the overall QA department has either failed to catch, failed to communicate, or the developers have ignored the QA department due to one reason or another.

So what? Well Anet is finally starting to talk again. They’re actually telling us what is going on. For instance, we know that the bug here was due to heartbleed. Every other break they never told us what was going on, we were just left to wildly speculate. I understand that wild speculation can be seductive. We’ve been doing it for over a year now. But now we have actual people involved in the dev process publicly treating this client like it is an actual client and not just some toy to check up on every 3 months. A good way to stop all this is to great them with vitriol and outright calling them liars.

If you think they’re lying, honestly the best course of action would be to leave. I know that if enough evidence was presented to me to show that Anet was consistent and willfully lying that I would leave. I’m not happy with how Anet has handled the mac client. I think it is shameful and I am sad that I was wrong when I said that the mac client didn’t look like a blatant cash grab at launch. I was obviously wrong, for the last year and a half the game was been a blatant cash grab on mac users. But they’re trying to turn that around now. I wouldn’t recommend anyone who left over the last year come back yet. They haven’t proved themselves that much yet. But I’m willing to give them a second chance to earn my trust again. Maybe I’ll buy gems with money again, who knows. I hope Anet can impress me, and to do that I’m willing to meet them half way. I hope we can all be a bit more understanding even when we have been hurt in the past.

Xelim.3984

You know… I start to doubt that the patch they released earlier today was a fake patch. For? To make them appearing as if they were constantly working over the weekend. That “oh we have tried so hard to find the solutions… and here goes your patch. What? It doesn’t work? That’s unfortunate…let me try harder”.

And I know this might be unfair to many Anet staff, but come on… who is treating us fairly when you have all the windows clients to take care with. Sorry Anet, you guys never convinced me that work has been done over the past weekend.

I think they’ve been working on it, it’s probably just a really weird issue. I’ve had idiotic issues come up when I’ve done my own programming where I know the codes works, I’ve reread the lines, had someone else read them, then I run the program and it works. But once I send my friend the code and he runs it, it breaks. I’m just really hoping for a fix by Tuesday. In the end, as I’ve said before, I’ve found other stuff to do like school work, normal work, other games, etc. But I know this is frustrating. At least we aren’t the ones that have to fix it.

Dothl Lai.5829

Sarah, you were a QA team lead 2 years ago for Anet, and you properly know better than anyone about how the department works. Can you please, for once, tell us what is going on with Anet’s QA team now, in terms of the administration and workflow process? Can you provide a proper explanation to the critical bugs that are constantly happening in recent patches?

You don’t have to answer my questions above. But you know, it just leaves us an even worse impression to your firm.

Xelim.3984

Okay lets stop that right here. There is absolutely no proof that Anet is purposely deceiving us about their support of the mac client. No, that doesn’t mean I am okay with their support. Historically, the mac client support has been minimal to non-existent as far as well can tell.

I say as far as we call tell because we have very little information as far as what is going on. Everyone knew the mac client was a kluge that would break if anything significant happened to the windows client. At least we all seemed to believe that at launch. We even received relatively regular communication for the first 3 months. Then the communication stopped. Bugs started piling up and taking forever to fix. Thankfully they were mostly of the laser hawks forever variety and not the you have three minutes to play the game before a crash variety.

I think we’re all aware of the history especially the part where Anet seemingly forgot that the mac client was a kluge and started making huge changes to the engine without ever testing if the mac client would still function with all these huge changes. Again, I say seemingly because we have no idea what is actually going on. All we know is that there is no mac specific QA and that the overall QA department has either failed to catch, failed to communicate, or the developers have ignored the QA department due to one reason or another.

So what? Well Anet is finally starting to talk again. They’re actually telling us what is going on. For instance, we know that the bug here was due to heartbleed. Every other break they never told us what was going on, we were just left to wildly speculate. I understand that wild speculation can be seductive. We’ve been doing it for over a year now. But now we have actual people involved in the dev process publicly treating this client like it is an actual client and not just some toy to check up on every 3 months. A good way to stop all this is to great them with vitriol and outright calling them liars.

If you think they’re lying, honestly the best course of action would be to leave. I know that if enough evidence was presented to me to show that Anet was consistent and willfully lying that I would leave. I’m not happy with how Anet has handled the mac client. I think it is shameful and I am sad that I was wrong when I said that the mac client didn’t look like a blatant cash grab at launch. I was obviously wrong, for the last year and a half the game was been a blatant cash grab on mac users. But they’re trying to turn that around now. I wouldn’t recommend anyone who left over the last year come back yet. They haven’t proved themselves that much yet. But I’m willing to give them a second chance to earn my trust again. Maybe I’ll buy gems with money again, who knows. I hope Anet can impress me, and to do that I’m willing to meet them half way. I hope we can all be a bit more understanding even when we have been hurt in the past.

All of my this.

Posted by: Ravnak.4096

Ravnak.4096

After tryin to figure out what was wrong with my client, I came across this topic by googleing (since my in-game support requests are simply ignored).

Tried workaround and didn’t fix. Spent about 7 hours to download the whole game again and didn’t fix neither.

Login problems, credit card transactions failed or rejected (while tryin to buy gems), had to re-download the whole game four times since I started playin to try “fixing” beta-related issues. Now this. That’s the last straw. I have like 1 hour time to play every couple of days, I can’t spend my gaming time to face client’s or whatsoever game related problems, I’m not a beta tester.

Casual gamer playin games on a Mac… F*c* me, right?

Dothl Lai.5829

So, there is proof that they are not purposely deceiving us about their support of the mac client? And You got it right, they MIGHT be trying to turn, according to you, the “blatant cash grab impression”. It’s their chance now to convince us by making things more transparent than they were.

You voiced out my point, “we have very little information as far as what is going on”. So don’t you think we have the right to know more?

noor.7960

After tryin to figure out what was wrong with my client, I came across this topic by googleing (since my in-game support requests are simply ignored).

Tried workaround and didn’t fix. Spent about 7 hours to download the whole game again and didn’t fix neither.

Login problems, credit card transactions failed or rejected (while tryin to buy gems), had to re-download the whole game four times since I started playin to try “fixing” beta-related issues. Now this. That’s the last straw. I have like 1 hour time to play every couple of days, I can’t spend my gaming time to face client’s or whatsoever game related problems, I’m not a beta tester.

Casual gamer playin games on a Mac… F*c* me, right?

Can you tell us more, what kind of error you are getting now !? So people here can help you “hopefully”. We can’t alway depend on ANET to help us. So we are doing our best to help eachother

Ravnak.4096

Can you tell us more, what kind of error you are getting now !? So people here can help you “hopefully”. We can’t alway depend on ANET to help us. So we are doing our best to help eachother

Still blank TP screen. iMac 27’’ mid 2011 OSX 10.8.5
I (unfortunately) have some experience in fixing mac beta problems, so beside tryin the quick fix, plus redownloading the whole thing, I already deleted several times the applications folder’s Guild Wars 2, cleaned cache, etc. etc.

edit: think I’m just in the “you poor player are in the 1% fix-didn’t-work”. I’ll just go play some other game ; )

Nageth.5648

So, there is proof that they are not purposely deceiving us about their support of the mac client? And You got it right, they MIGHT be trying to turn, according to you, the “blatant cash grab impression”. It’s their chance now to convince us by making things more transparent than they were.

I’ll reiterate this one time just because you might have missed it in the middle of my post. If you truly want Anet to give us information the best way to do that is not call them liars the instant they start talking again. No one has come across any proof that Anet lied to us in the past. They stopped supporting us for a year, true. But that is not a lie. Those are two completely different levels of accusation.

For instance if you know a journalist ask him first why he didn’t cover a topic, then ask him why he lied. I’d like to think we can all be reasonable here.

Anyway, lets get back to talking about the real problem here and not Anet’s communication issues (we have lots of threads for that).

Edit: Also make sure when you use quotes you use them in the correct context. Subjects matter. For instance, you just agreed with me when you said “You got it right”. There, we’re all in agreement and we can stop with this useless line of conversation and get back to important things.

(edited by Nageth.5648)

Nageth.5648

I (unfortunately) have some experience in fixing mac beta problems, so beside tryin the quick fix, plus redownloading the whole thing, I already deleted several times the applications folder’s Guild Wars 2, cleaned cache, etc. etc.

edit: think I’m just in the “you poor player are in the 1% fix-didn’t-work”. I’ll just go play some other game ; )

Did you try the relaunch trick without deleting any of the caches? I’m almost wondering if people doing more than the list of instructions say might be the cause of some of the issues.

Ravnak.4096

Did you try the relaunch trick without deleting any of the caches? I’m almost wondering if people doing more than the list of instructions say might be the cause of some of the issues.

Sir yes sir!

Posted by: ConcertPoet.6487

ConcertPoet.6487

Add me Iv tried it all, I even reinstalled the game. still no trading post,
I run a macbook pro 13" Osx 10.9.2

Nageth.5648

Sir yes sir!

Nuts. Yeah, I think no one can help you then. I’d recommend you file a support ticket (note, the protocol for posting your system specs is out of date, I believe, follow the instructions of the support person instead of the thread) and let them know you followed these instructions without it working. They won’t be able to help you but it will at least give them a better of idea of who is still having problems with the BLTC.

Edit: Other than that best option might be to keep trying to open the BLTC occasionally. My guild mates running windows have complained about the BLTC being unresponsive since the heartbleed fix, so maybe it is just being really super slow and looks unresponsive.

Posted by: Koi.2570

Koi.2570

The fix didn’t work for me.

Posted by: Aldon Sly.3794

Aldon Sly.3794

It worked for me, but yes it required 3 or 4 restarts. The first time it came up I could see the gem listing and nothing else. I rebooted, restarted the game…still the same. Changed characters…still the same. Restarted the client again…it’s all working now. I have posted several items for sale and bought several items in the gem store.

Warmach

Dothl Lai.5829

I’ll reiterate this one time just because you might have missed it in the middle of my post. If you truly want Anet to give us information the best way to do that is not call them liars the instant they start talking again. No one has come across any proof that Anet lied to us in the past. They stopped supporting us for a year, true. But that is not a lie. Those are two completely different levels of accusation.

For instance if you know a journalist ask him first why he didn’t cover a topic, then ask him why he lied. I’d like to think we can all be reasonable here.

Anyway, lets get back to talking about the real problem here and not Anet’s communication issues (we have lots of threads for that).

Edit: Also make sure when you use quotes you use them in the correct context. Subjects matter. For instance, you just agreed with me when you said “You got it right”. There, we’re all in agreement and we can stop with this useless line of conversation and get back to important things.

No one has came across the proof that subprime mortgage crisis would happen in late 2007, would it happen? It did. Would Anet lie? Possibly (or Possibly not).

And yes, I agreed with you, but only to the extent that they are not providing sufficient transparency.

In addition, quote me an instance that I was using the term “liar” (except now). Mind your words, I was casting doubts, not accusations. My point is, Anet didn’t need 10 hours of gameplay to find out that their latest patch was a fail attempt of the fix. Why would Anet still bother to release it when the result could be checked instantly?

I will leave all these doubts to be clarified by the Anet staffs.

Posted by: Yifang.8260

Yifang.8260

I think they’ve been working on it, it’s probably just a really weird issue. I’ve had idiotic issues come up when I’ve done my own programming where I know the codes works, I’ve reread the lines, had someone else read them, then I run the program and it works. But once I send my friend the code and he runs it, it breaks. I’m just really hoping for a fix by Tuesday. In the end, as I’ve said before, I’ve found other stuff to do like school work, normal work, other games, etc. But I know this is frustrating. At least we aren’t the ones that have to fix it.

Brings me back to my first project, I had compile errors no one was able to work out, not my lecturer or the best programming students in my year. One day by hitting the end key (Which doesn’t exist on MacBooks hehe) I found I had a huge space on one line, no one would notice as spaces are blank! After I deleted the big line of space (which was due to me leaving my book on the keyboard) the program compiled!

So far this temporary fix not only has my tp working albeit with that display error persisting the game seems to run better than before as well, higher fps and faster loading!

Posted by: igohar.4092

igohar.4092

Im having the same issue. Iv tried a couple of the options suggested above but to no success.

Need a fix pleeaaase

Posted by: HuggableHedgehog.5431

HuggableHedgehog.5431

Yea thank you ANET, was able to purchase and sell the items I wanted to now

Posted by: Nekoyasha.9365

Nekoyasha.9365

I had to restart my computer a few times but the trade post finally works!!

Posted by: Zaraseth.4162

Zaraseth.4162

Sarah’s workaround worked for me, thanks!

Posted by: knightblaster.7420

knightblaster.7420

The work around worked for the trading post issue, but i still can’t buy gems or use the currency exchange.

Same here — TP works, but store and currency exchange do not.

EDIT: After reloading a few times, now everything is working. Good!

(edited by knightblaster.7420)

Posted by: Eldermord.5619

Eldermord.5619

I’ve followed sarahs instructions and now the gemstone is working, but the TP is not. it just sticks on loading

Posted by: HLInvisible.4510

HLInvisible.4510

I can redo the workaround, it works then for one login … leave the game, come back and empty store window again … same over and over again. No fix at all.

We have retried this on 4 macs here: 2 iMAC late’13 and 2 MBPs early and late ’11 – all on 10.9.2. and they all react in the same way: works after workaround of Sarah and then its gone after relog.

Posted by: Rhea Ravenseeker.7105

Rhea Ravenseeker.7105

Hmmm. I am on a 4GB per month mobile phone data package. Downloading the 18GB client again because they can’t make my ‘exact same copy’ current client work is just not going to happen. Not 3 days before a new [18-30GB] release.

Posted by: Puls.5867

Puls.5867

nothing has worked for me :/ going to miss that 20% discount now v_v also have wanted to switch server all week to be with all my friends but i cant even exchange my gold into gems to do it :/ is there anything else you would suggest?

Tsento – Mesmer | Timcarnate – Revenant | Timigami – Necromancer

Posted by: Hans.7526

Hans.7526

The workaround worked around just fine to me…. thank you so much Sarah.

noor.7960

Hmmm. I am on a 4GB per month mobile phone data package. Downloading the 18GB client again because they can’t make my ‘exact same copy’ current client work is just not going to happen. Not 3 days before a new [18-30GB] release.

You don’t need to download the whole thing. Once the downloading starts. Stop it, then close it…. Please do follow exactly how SarahWitter suggested… DO NOT Download the whole game again!!

Posted by: Sash.4682

Sash.4682

Hi Sarah. Maybe the Way you have posted works or not. I don´t know. My Problem is that i have a monthly DL Volume of 30GB before i cutted down to 384kbits from my Provider. In this Month I DL 10 GB of Data . Traffic , Files and so on. Now your Solution for the Prob is to DL the Complete Game again ? In My Opinion that could be 15 to 20 GB again for a Solution that don´t work for anyone here. For the One it worked, for the next it didn´t work. Should i DL now 20GB of Data for a new GW2 installation and cutter down to 384kbits ? I didn´t think so.
That couldn´t be the right Way. Sorry for my English.

Posted by: alevand.4268

alevand.4268

doesn’t work for me.
MacBook Pro Retina 10.8.5

Ale Vand (Mesmer) | Lady Infernity (Necromancer)

Posted by: dreamer.2589

dreamer.2589

Thank you for addressing this situation Sarah . The patch didn’t work for me, but the alternate tweak worked just fine. The TP takes a few seconds to load, but all the tabs work properly now.

For the people who are having a hard time – you DO NOT have to wait for the game to fully install, just like Noor mentioned before.

Thanks again ArenaNet team!

Posted by: intrepia.5983

intrepia.5983

The workaround worked for me, eventually. I had to restart enough times that I was pretty sure it hadn’t worked. So don’t give up if you’ve already restarted four times and it’s doing nothing…

Also, try clicking around to different tabs. At first, only some of the tabs were loading for me and not others, but now they all work.

Cerylyn ~ Ceryela ~ Cerylse ~ Ceryena ~ Coraliya ~ Roseliya ~ Felisitae ~ Rylsa
Vintage Gaming [VG] | Attuned [Att] | Blinkie Ponie Armie [BPA] ~ Jade Quarry

Posted by: sarah.8760

sarah.8760

Sarah’s workaround worked for me not for my husband. We both have new Imac’s running with Maverick (literally the same set up). We decided to try to log into his account on my computer and it works on my computer not on his. So I am assuming that the problem is with his version downloaded on his computer and not on his account. Thought maybe that could be helpful somehow.

Posted by: Taran.9153

Taran.9153

Been running into this same issue here for a few days myself, finally decided I would look into it on the forums and was STOKED to see this thread with help…..course it didn’t help me at all

I deleted the local.dat, I killed the processes listed and removed the library support thing as well. Man this sucks. I really need to be able to use the BLTC.

Can we get any more posts/updates from some people that actually work at Anet with some glimmer of hope that you guys are actually doing something to fix this?

Are Mac users just the kitten children you don’t care about

Posted by: Piptart.2097

Piptart.2097

I used the workaround method, and it seemed to work fine at first; I sold what I needed to, and most of the tabs worked… except the currency exchange, Also, I still can’t redeem my gem card or buy any gems. :/

Is anyone else having this issue?

Posted by: sarah.8760

sarah.8760

okay he got it to work here are the steps we did:

First we followed the workaround and even after multiple restart or cancelling the “CVM” and “cookied” in activity monitor or even deleting the gw2 file in /library/application support…we couldn’t get it to work.

What we did:
1. went to application/guildwars2, right click and show content
2. we took the .dat file (the big one at 19GB) and saved it to the desktop
3. Deleted the app, deleted the cache files, deleted the library folder, everything….
4. Once deleted, repaired all permissions in disk utility
5. restarted the computer
6. Installed the game from the link from sarah’s post (the .dmg file)
7. Once it start running, I closed it, and went into the application content and changed the .dat folder with the one on my desktop.
8. Now that I had a new GW2 installed, I proceeded by redoing all the steps of the workaround.
9. Restarted the computer
10. Launched the game
11. Before entering my user and password, went into activity monitor and deleted “cookied” and “cvm”
12. signed in and play
13. TD finally appeared after 7 days of not working on Mavericks!!! Yeah.

Posted by: that baby stealing dingo.7216

that baby stealing dingo.7216

Hello,

We’re going to need to spend some more time on getting a patching resolution. As this could carry into the weekday, the team would like to give you an optional workaround.

1. Rename your existing application file to something other than “Guild Wars 2”.
2. Download a new “Guild Wars 2.dmg” from here:
http://cloudfront.guildwars2.com/client/branches/Gw2Setup.dmg
(or) from the account manager on guildwars2.com.
3. Open the file and install the application. This installation should fix the certificates issue you’ve been experiencing.
4. When the installer completes and the Guild Wars 2 client begins patching, close the application.
5. Delete the new “Guild Wars 2” application that the installer placed in your Applications folder.
6. Relaunch the original application that you renamed in step 1.
7. The application will patch to the latest version.

Thank you for your patience and see you in Tyria!
~Sarah

I’ve tried this three times, and when I follow these instructions to the letter it does not work. Every time I reopen the original, re-named application (after deleting the new “Guild Wars 2” that was created), it insists on a full game download. This is way too big to be a patch (420 mb so far and only 1% complete). OS 10.7.5 if it matters. To be clear, no matter how many times I close the application and restart it, I get a full game download and I cannot click on the red “Play” button because it is grayed out.

I have a sword, a dagger, and an estimated life span of 2.47 seconds.

(edited by that baby stealing dingo.7216)

Posted by: Koi.2570

Koi.2570

Really getting frustrated with the service that we get as Mac users… every few weeks is a debilitating but that doesn’t get fixed in a timely manner.

Posted by: KeairaPhoenix.6123

KeairaPhoenix.6123

to baby stealing dingo. Don’t reopen the renamed application. Delete the 2nd one, then return it to the original name and open it. It didn’t’ specifically say that in the instructions, but I think the rename was just to differentiate the files and prevent a total rewrite.