Can we please get a working Mac Client [Merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: ArmoredVehicle.2849

ArmoredVehicle.2849

I just tried WineSkin with the 64-bit Windows client. I also tried Wine-Staging.

Short version: Wineskin with the 64-bit Windows client works. So does Wine-Stage with the 32-bit client. However, in exchange for playing without (frequent) crashing, you suffer performance issues.

Longer version:

I first tried WineStaging with the 64-bit client, but this did not work whatsoever. The Terminal rejects launching with the 64-bit exe and will only accept the 32-bit. Regardless, I was able to play on Wineskin for an hour or more in the Verdant Brink without a single crash, with decent graphics settings, far better than on the Mac client. The downside was graphic glitches. Graphics mess up pretty much constantly, and although you can adjust this a little, I don’t suggest playing in this way. It is more stable, but few will consider it playable.

Making a WineSkin with the 64-bit client was the best of both worlds for me. I used the latest Engine and my existing DAT file from the Mac side. I know it was the 64-bit client because it said so in the top right-hand corner. After adjusting the graphics settings, I could tell there was a slight difference from the Mac client, but they were still very good. In fact, they were nearly identical.

There were some issues, though. In populated areas the framerate would drop, a problem I never had with the Mac Client. Furthermore, the camera is limited to a 180-degree spin; with the Mac Client, I could turn the camera 360 degrees and freely, using that to “steer” my character. Using the WineSkin, I could no longer do this. Either I could not find the option to resume my previous camera setting, or it didn’t work. Also my Mac-specific OS shortcuts didn’t work anymore, but that’s to be expected while running a WineSkin.

I was able to play for about an hour in the Verdant Brink before the game crashed. While this means the WineSkined 64-bit client did not solve the problem, it VASTLY improved the situation over the Mac Client, where I would crash every 10 minutes or less on populated maps, or every 45 minutes in Central Tyria. The 64-bit client WineSkin was MUCH more stable, in exchange for the aforementioned camera issues and a varying degrade in framerate.

So that’s what I can report. I might fiddle with it a little more, or I might return to using the Mac Client since it feels more natural.

This is a band-aid solution, naturally. A 64-bit Mac Client, or a solution to the memory crash problem, would be FAR more ideal.

Glad you got it to work at some point, running the game smoothly on Wine requires a few tricks, I’ll try to cover the settings I’m using on Linux, maybe you can get some improvements.

I would avoid the normal Wine, the performance is abysmal and it’s barely playable without CSMT.

1) Graphics settings, I’ve attached a screenshot for this: https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/211962/gw2_linux_settings.jpg (V-Sync is not shown in the picture but it’s off)

2) With Wine you must run the game using the -dx9single command, this is a major FPS killer so make sure to have it always on.

3) Aside from all the in game settings, Shadows are one of the most critical, they drop the FPS a lot.

4) Registry settings in your Wine regedit – Check the attached screenshot for these too, these settings also yield some more FPS gains.

5) Mouse turning, in settings go to Mouse Rotation Speed and raise the bar to the max.

Pretty much this what I run on Linux, I understand Mac works differently but I hope they help in anyway, especially since you got this far.

Let me know if you have any questions. :-)

Attachments:

(edited by ArmoredVehicle.2849)

Posted by: SpookyElectric.1507

SpookyElectric.1507

Thank you very much. I was already including the -dx9single command, but thank you for pointing it out.

However, it is not the framerate that is the problem running WineStage, it is the constant graphical glitches. Rendering errors, things appearing as JPG artifacts but in 3D, odd spikes, the entire screen flashing pink and green… it was far less playable than just using a WineSkin.

I’m going to look into it though. But thank you.

The ideal is still ArenaNet fixing the problem, though.

(edited by SpookyElectric.1507)

Posted by: GreyCat.5823

GreyCat.5823

Look, that is new, right after patch.
That is basically result of 10-20 minutes playing.

Attachments:

Posted by: aechurch.4730

aechurch.4730

Need help: The game locked up, I got booted, and GW2 launcher wouldn’t load. I tried to repair the executable file from instructions I found online, but it didn’t work. I downloaded GW2 again.. it worked temporarily, but i got booted exactly the same way and it will not open. Any suggestions?

Posted by: Blackwood.9072

Blackwood.9072

No guarantees, but…

1. Run /Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor
2. Kill any Guild Wars 2 processes
3. Go to ~/Library/Application Support (if you don’t know this it is your user folder’s Library)
4. Rename the Guild Wars 2 folder to Guild Wars 2 OLD
5. Relaunch

Let us know if that did the trick.

Posted by: Aazo.2841

Aazo.2841

Yeah, every time they do a “patch” it causes an issue with the launcher. Not sure why that issue still persists. I just now had to close launcher after it stuck, then restart it and it then started working (on downloading patch).

Posted by: DePhoenix.2819

DePhoenix.2819

Sometimes my game just exits without even giving an error or anything like that, just poof gone. Does anyone know what kind of error this is?
I was playing for quite a while I think, so if it was one of those memory problems I’ll keep that in mind for next time and restart gw2 before doing any major events I guess?

Also, yesterday during PvP gw2 started acting weird and all player textures were suddenly just pink, green and other bright colours and my fps dropped to about 2 when looking at other players.

Posted by: FlamingNipples.4176

FlamingNipples.4176

Dear Anet: I want my money back. I paid for the expansion because you claim it was mac compatible, it clearly isn’t. It’s utterly broken. I crash every 7 minutes and get 16 different error messages. I can’t complete any events on the new maps nor can I do the new raids because.. crash!

Posted by: Shissa.1826

Shissa.1826

Same problem. Things are getting worst and worst. It used to be in very crowded areas. Now crashes every 10 minutes. Before HOT not one single crash.
I was about the buy the expansion…good thing I haven’t.
Where is the mac dev? Is anyone working on this? Honeymoon in Tahiti? Could we get some info and whats going on here?

Posted by: Dmitrievich.4152

Dmitrievich.4152

I used to be able to run the game on absolute minimum settings,
Nvidia GeForce GT650M 1GB
2.4Ghz intel i7
8GB RAM
Early-2013 MBP

Now crashing consistently and getting more slow down than usual, +1 for an update on whats happening with the Mac client…

Posted by: Mareborder.1359

Mareborder.1359

Mac client? I tell you, everyone is having Crashes… even if you find an Alien computer GW2 is gonna crash there and everywhere. I didn’t know the problems you (Mac users) are having with client and crashes-glitches… but if you wanna know, 3 of 5 more posted threads have a “Crash” topic. If HoT was an “explosion” instead of an “expansion”, yesterday’s patch was an atomic bomb… It seems they are trying so hard to make it worse… It’s just unplayable for PC’s and Mac…

Posted by: Janann of Avalon.1850

Janann of Avalon.1850

I am having same problems since HoT , can only play for short periods before either screen freeze or crash showing errors, sent numerous reports to ArenaNet, solutions they have sent don’t seem to work, its like trail and error, just keep sending me different suggestions but with no answers, i have high end IMac so my spec is fine for the game, now since the new 17/11 patch its worse than ever, when are Mac users going to get some help!!! I am very disappointed as like others who have purchased HoT i feel like we should be we should be compensated in some way.

Posted by: WesleySnipes.3917

WesleySnipes.3917

Mac client? I tell you, everyone is having Crashes… even if you find an Alien computer GW2 is gonna crash there and everywhere. I didn’t know the problems you (Mac users) are having with client and crashes-glitches… but if you wanna know, 3 of 5 more posted threads have a “Crash” topic. If HoT was an “explosion” instead of an “expansion”, yesterday’s patch was an atomic bomb… It seems they are trying so hard to make it worse… It’s just unplayable for PC’s and Mac…

The difference is they work on the client for windows.
On our side we haven’t had news, nor a single patch in years.

The website selling this product is telling a complete different thing than what it actually is. All Mac players are having a hard time, whilst on the windows side it’s a part of them, not all.

Besides they take their time to reply to you guys. As you can see this topic is 1 month old and has no actual info whatsoever, and it’s been like this for ages.

The only way mac users can play (for a few hours maximum before crash) is by setting everything to rotten potato settings. I’ve never been able to see this game run properly with sweet graphics on the mac client, a 3 YEAR OLD BETA that has no deadline whatsoever. God i’d be surprise if they are even working on it

Posted by: Mahkno.7593

Mahkno.7593

The difference is they work on the client for windows.
On our side we haven’t had news, nor a single patch in years.

The website selling this product is telling a complete different thing than what it actually is. All Mac players are having a hard time, whilst on the windows side it’s a part of them, not all.

Besides they take their time to reply to you guys. As you can see this topic is 1 month old and has no actual info whatsoever, and it’s been like this for ages.

The only way mac users can play (for a few hours maximum before crash) is by setting everything to rotten potato settings. I’ve never been able to see this game run properly with sweet graphics on the mac client, a 3 YEAR OLD BETA that has no deadline whatsoever. God i’d be surprise if they are even working on it

so much this.

Posted by: Dagonbert.7392

Dagonbert.7392

The Mac-client has been kitten more or less since day one. I have never been able to enjoy WvW unless putting settings on lower-than-lowest, I can rarely do a world boss like tequatl without crashing and getting booted from map into an empty map and losing all loot.
Then came HoT! Things got even worse, i see my friends doing event after event gaining their masteries while I enter the new area and client goes down after 2-15min or so regardless of activity, if there is heavy activity its a certain crash though..
Now i can even start the game, repairing through terminal does not work, i guess i have to delete that folder again.. AND AGAIN! AND AGAIN!!!!!!
How can you even charge people full price for this crap? and not even give response to people here and tell what you are working on?
Just spend the money and make us a proper native or just give us cash back and send us on our way…
I would apologize for my language but I’m too mad atm…

Posted by: Dagonbert.7392

Dagonbert.7392

There.. after deleting guildwars2 folder and and manage to start the client again and get it up and running I got to play 15min… totally worth the money!

Posted by: FotoGrrl.8137

FotoGrrl.8137

I have a 50+ email back and forth thread with tech support that started on June 16th. I have sent PM’s to Gaile Grey and Colin (no response from Colin and got a “why did you contact Colin he cant do anything?” type response) Gaile told me to be patient they are working on it and to go through support. Support has closed/reopened my ticket 3 times now. since the patch yesterday Im lucky if I can stand still for 5 mins without crashing. I can turn right, CRASH. I can jump, crash. I log in, CRASH. NVIDIA pretty much confirmed that Cider is no longer supported and the Cider team has been reassigned to other developments. My crash logs (i send daily to support in my email replies) are showing the client trying to call a debug dll help file that normally resides in the windows system folder and we mac users know that dll’s don’t reside anywhere in our OS. with each passing patch that arrives to my brand new, top of the line (next to the best model) 27" iMac, the worse the client becomes. Posting on Reddit is futile due to all the mac haters and trolling idiots. Like another poster wrote, I do not like windows. Thats why i have a mac. Up until June 16th 2015 I was playing on both my 13" late 2012 MBP and on this sparkly new iMac with no issues what so ever. Now I cant even log in with out something. I have done everything that support has asked me to do, even the most asinine things suggested (have you restarted your mac? Have you tried logging into a pc client? etc). Now I havent gotten a reply from support in like three days other than “How did we do? Rate your support” emails. This shows me that their intention to close my ticket again is in the not so distant future. I was very upset to see a 65bit version come out while for the nearly 6 months of game play that I have struggled through in pain has gone unnoticed. I have bought the deluxe HoT have played it a great deal however its like play 20-40mins crash, play 20-40 mins crash. OOOO new patch….login crash, delete folder, login update, fix game settings, play 20 mins crash and now its just login crash standing still in LA. I did ask for compensation some time back and got the “if we gave you something we would have to give to everyone who asked for support” answer. I have been VERY patient ANET, when are we going to get some sort of answer besides “please be patient as we are waiting on a reply from Nvidia”?

WesleySnipes.3917

Oh boy when i manage to log into the game my worse enemy is back.
No it’s not tequatil; No it’s not Scarlet; Nope, not modermoth either….

FPS STUTTERING FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!

Posted by: Inazuma.6107

Inazuma.6107

I play GW since 2005 and I stopped GW2 2 weeks ago because of the crashes. It’s the best solution. I still come to bump the thread though, you guys should do the same

I will play some GW1. That works perfectly well through Wine, and looks better than GW2 on lowest settings to prevent the crashes.

Posted by: JRM.6218

JRM.6218

The saddest thing is that as awful as the client is, as awesome the game. I would like to send them to hell, but I love the game enough to try to play as many times as the client crashes.

WesleySnipes.3917

The saddest thing is that as awful as the client is, as awesome the game. I would like to send them to hell, but I love the game enough to try to play as many times as the client crashes.

This says it all

Posted by: Winterbird.5610

Winterbird.5610

working game would be even better…………………….

Posted by: FlamingCrouton.2439

FlamingCrouton.2439

Money back … I’m really close to asking for my money back. I’d rather play the steam games I’ve been collecting whilst playing GW2. They don’t crash.

Posted by: Yale.9365

Yale.9365

After the most recent patch I logged in and crashed as the map was loading, restarted the game and crashed after 10min of playing and now the game won’t open at all. I want to raid so bad. I have spent serious money on this game. I would like to play it.

thief

Posted by: BDave.9386

BDave.9386

Unless there’s a native Mac client that they haven’t released at all yet, there’s not really anything to work on. The whole appeal of Cider is that it’s a wrapper for Windows apps, so there’s no need to actually write a Mac version. Well, in theory, anyway…

Posted by: Shin Skysinger.1570

Shin Skysinger.1570

Dear Devs… you know… Mac has Metal now… which is Mac’s version of OpenGL.
I don’t know how difficult it will be for you to start looking into creating a stable client for us. Cider was great, but there is only so much potential that you can do with it. I don’t know what it takes for you to really delegate your resources but I’ve invested into GW2 and I use the mac for work. It is my gaming and my work computer. I have spent Gems, I’ve purchased the Ultimate Pre-order. GW2 is where I met a community of new friends and people. The crashes are preventing me from really enjoying the game and connecting with my community. I can’t raid, I can’t participate in Dragon Stand events. I own 15 inch late 2013 macbook, with 2.3 GHz of intel Core i7, 16 GB of RAM, and I have a dedicated GPU just to game, a NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M with 2GB of GPU memory. I do not understand why you allow a sub-par client continue to be what your avid fans are playing on. What prevents your team from dedicating a mac-client team? Is it resources? Is it money? Because if it’s money, you can take my money. I buy gems almost on a weekly/biweekly basis. I don’t want to just see one dev tell me, you saw this post or one dev appease the crowd by making false promises and saying you are working on it. I would like transparency and a promise to dedicate a team to work on mac clients. Thank you for your consideration.

Mahkno.7593

ps.

Model Identifier: MacBookPro10,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Intel HD Graphics 4000:
Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1024 MB
Vendor: Intel (0×8086)
Device ID: 0×0166
Revision ID: 0×0009
gMux Version: 3.2.19 [3.2.8]
Displays:
Color LCD:
Display Type: Retina LCD
Resolution: 2880 × 1800 Retina
Retina: Yes
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M:
Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x8
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0×10de)
Device ID: 0×0fd5
Revision ID: 0×00a2
ROM Revision: 3688
gMux Version: 3.2.19 [3.2.8]

• Crash <—*
    Assertion: success (Transgaming)
    File: ..\..\..\Engine\Gr\GrTexCube.cpp(420)
    App: Gw2.exe
    Pid: 1
    Cmdline:
    BaseAddr: 00400000
    ProgramId: 101
    Build: 55446
    When: 2015-11-19T04:48:49Z 2015-11-18T23:48:49-05:00
    Uptime: 0 days 0:24:25
    Flags: 0×10
  • System <—*
    Name: xxxxxxxx
    IpAddr: 10.0.1.101
    Processors: 8 [GenuineIntel:6:10:9]
    OSVersion: Mac OS 10.10 (32 bit)
  • System Memory <—*
    Physical: 6089MB/16384MB 37%
    Paged: 6870MB/17408MB 39%
    Virtual: 0MB/ 2047MB 0%
    Load: 62%
    CommitTotal: 17408MB
    CommitLimit: 6870MB
    CommitPeak: 17408MB
    SystemCache: 0MB
    HandleCount: 3986
    ProcessCount: 2
    ThreadCount: 76
  • Process Memory <—*
    Private: 2728MB
    WorkingSet: 2728MB
    PeakWorkingSet: 2728MB
    PageFaults: 1375840
  • Memory Category Usage (Inclusive) <—*
    [Category] [Size(MB)] [Count]
    Root 862.17 2364380
    Programmer Data 398.90 405830
    Art Assets 329.93 19752
    VRAM 324.15 20342
    Engine 162.40 215577
    Game 141.66 126820
    Anim Import Models 117.70 282
    Anim Import Packfile 117.70 282
    Character Models 103.86 6126
    Uncategorized 101.10 1914203
    Gr 99.70 133670
    Content 96.94 37389
    Map Assets 78.11 9120
    Collections 70.25 26448
    Prop Models 69.84 5703
    Prop Packfile 68.10 276
    Dictionary 64.86 7015
    Character Packfile 60.55 439
    VRAM – Gr Postproc 53.12 17
    Gr Umbra 43.87 1634
    Composite Models 42.08 508
    Composite Tex Pool 38.72 142
    Composite Tex 38.72 142
    VRAM – UI Textures 38.56 953
  • Memory Category Usage (Exclusive) <—*
    [Category] [Size(MB)] [Count]
    Anim Import Packfile 117.70 282
    Uncategorized 101.10 1914203
    Content 96.94 37389
    Prop Packfile 68.10 276
    Dictionary 64.86 7015
    Character Packfile 60.55 439
    VRAM – Gr Postproc 53.12 17
    Gr Umbra 43.87 1634
    Composite Tex Pool 38.72 142
    VRAM – UI Textures 38.56 953
    VRAM – DirectX Geo Buffers 30.56 1520
    Text 28.55 3649
    Effect Packfile 27.50 312
    VRAM – Character Tex 26.39 1379
    VRAM – Composite Tex 20.88 98
    VRAM – DDI Shader 19.21 14492
    VRAM – Gr Img 17.64 9
    Map Zone 17.61 8306
    VRAM – Terrain PgdImg 17.50 70
    VRAM – Prop Tex 16.53 747
    Collide 16.49 5055
    Audio FMOD 13.81 11033
    VRAM – Prop Geo 13.80 53
    Collide Havok 12.22 18594
  • Game Context <—*
    MapId: 38
    Flags: 0×241
    ElapsedTime: 00:08:50
  • World State <—*
    <WorldState BufferCapacity="60322000" BufferUsed="56060530" DrawCalls="1112" Fps="13" EffectLights="0" Lights="34" Materials="541" Particles="2760" Submodels="1202" TextureLoadsPending="14" TextureMemory="368708839" Triangles="284465" VerticesSoftwareTransformed="0" VideoMemoryTotal="102344180" CameraPos="3304.59, -6533.67, -2022.07" CameraFwd="-0.438964, -0.692285, 0.572758" MapName="wZY+N.bI/8t" MapNamespace="Wq5GJ" MapSector="IJwR+.CGU8m" MapType="WorldPvp" MapFloor="3" MapId="38" MapGuid="D5A7114A-7D8D-463A-B90D-B72FC4E79747" MapTimeOfDay="1.000000" PlayerFacing="-0.428924, -0.704656, 0.56523" PlayerPos="3041.76, -6948.18, -1536.67" PlayerVelocity="-145.221, -238.574, -0.27771" />

[DbgHelp.dll is C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dbghelp.dll]
[DbgHelp.dll version 6.6.7.5 (64/32-bit compatible)]

• ClientContextThreadProc Thread 0×1c <—*
  • Trace <—*
    Pc:007a7718 Fr:06f4fc64 Rt:007a6f0c Arg:e0800010 00000003 06f4fcb0 0000000a
    Pc:007a6f0c Fr:06f4fc8c Rt:007a6af9 Arg:e0800010 00000003 06f4fcb0 0000000a
    Pc:007a6af9 Fr:06f4fcc4 Rt:007a6d3f Arg:06f4fcdc 0000002a 0411c410 00000040
    Pc:007a6d3f Fr:06f4fce0 Rt:007a74cb Arg:00a47eb4 06f4fd6c 1bbbdf84 0411d054
    Pc:007a74cb Fr:06f4fd10 Rt:00a4a32f Arg:3d95e505 008bf393 0411d010 0411d460
    Pc:00a4a32f Fr:06f4fdb8 Rt:008bd31e Arg:0411d010 00000002 00000002 00000010
    Pc:008bd31e Fr:06f4fe34 Rt:008be522 Arg:94c7b370 01d12285 2b935d01 00000001
    Pc:008be522 Fr:06f4fe74 Rt:008bcaf1 Arg:040d4e10 002293c8 0070f7a8 7009e9cd
    Pc:008bcaf1 Fr:06f4fe94 Rt:008610b0 Arg:040d4e10 2b935db9 7009e9cd 002293c8
    Pc:008610b0 Fr:06f4fecc Rt:008611d8 Arg:0086115c 06f4fef8 700a41f7 002293c8
    Pc:008611d8 Fr:06f4fed8 Rt:700a41f7 Arg:002293c8 00000000 06f51000 00100000
    Pc:700a41f7 Fr:06f4fef8 Rt:7009ea84 Arg:06f4ff1c 07062000 00000000 00000000
    Pc:7009ea84 Fr:06f4ff78 Rt:7009e393 Arg:b04bd000 96a4dba9 06f4ffa8 96a4dc25
    Pc:7009e393 Fr:06f4ff88 Rt:96a4dc25 Arg:07062000 00000000 00000000 b04bd000
    Pc:96a4dc25 Fr:06f4ffa8 Rt:96a4db9b Arg:b04bd000 00000000 00000000 00000000
    Pc:96a4db9b Fr:06f4ffc8 Rt:96a4ae32 Arg:b04bd000 00015e07 7009e370 07062000
    Pc:96a4ae32 Fr:06f4ffec Rt:00000000 Arg:00000000 00015e07 f00abccc f00b1360
  • Thread registers <—*
    eax=06f4f828 ebx=00000001 ecx=00000000 edx=000002c8 esi=77070650 edi=00000000
    eip=007a7718 esp=06f4fc4c ebp=06f4fc64
    cs=001b ss=0023 ds=0023 es=0023 fs=2477 gs=000f efl=00200246

eax-32 06F4F808 00000004 70034b77 06f4f828 06f4f8d4
eax-16 06F4F818 00000008 0000003c 00000000 00000047
eax 0 06F4F828 80000003 00000000 00000000 70034af0
eax
16 06F4F838 00000002 00000002 7fee64f0 00000000
eax+32 06F4F848 00000000 00000000 00003000 0084c0b5
eax+48 06F4F858 00080000 00000047 700ab6c7 00000000
esi-32 77070630 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
esi-16 77070640 00000000 00000000 90909090 90909090
esi 0 77070650 fc449be9 0010c2f8 70034af0 00000000
esi
16 77070660 00000000 90909090 90909090 fa4affe9
esi+32 77070670 0014c2f8 70015170 00000000 00000000
esi+48 77070680 90909090 90909090 f9f033e9 0010c2ff

• Code <—*
    007A76F8 c857ff76 28894610 e8fb48fa ff85c075 .W.v(.F…H….u
    007A7708 1468a401 0000ba00 713b01b9 201d3b01 .h……q;.. .;.
    007A7718 e8b3fcf6 ff85db5b 74078bcf e8777903 …….[t….wy.
    007A7728 00ff7608 8b4e1033 d2e8ba4a faff8b56 ..v..N.3…J…V
    007A7738 08b90d00 0000e8fd befaff5f c7463801 ……….._.F8.
    007A7748 0000005e 8be55dc2 1c00cccc cccccccc …^..]………
  • Stack <—*
    06F4FC4C 007a771d 000001a4 00000040 e0800010 .wz…......... 06F4FC5C ec9cd930 6fcdcfd0 06f4fc8c 007a6f0c 0......o.....oz. 06F4FC6C e0800010 00000003 06f4fcb0 0000000a ................ 06F4FC7C 0000000a 00000001 0000002a ec9cd930 ........*...0... 06F4FC8C 06f4fcc4 007a6af9 e0800010 00000003 .....jz......... 06F4FC9C 06f4fcb0 0000000a 00000001 07bc1080 ................ 06F4FCAC ec9cd930 00000200 00000200 00000003 0............... 06F4FCBC 0000000a e0800010 06f4fce0 007a6d3f ............?mz. 06F4FCCC 06f4fcdc 0000002a 0411c410 00000040 ....*.......
    06F4FCDC 00800078 06f4fd10 007a74cb 00a47eb4 x……..tz..~..
    06F4FCEC 06f4fd6c 1bbbdf84 0411d054 3d83126f l…….T…o..=
    06F4FCFC 3d95e505 3d95e505 3d95e505 3d83126f …=…=…=o..=
    06F4FD0C 3d83126f 06f4fdb8 00a4a32f 3d95e505 o..=…./……=
    06F4FD1C 008bf393 0411d010 0411d460 00000001 ……..`…….
    06F4FD2C 00000002 00000002 00000010 06f4fd50 …………P…
    06F4FD3C 06f4fd58 0411d460 00000002 06f4fe20 X…`……. …
    06F4FD4C 0000000c 00000000 1bbbdf94 00000000 …………….
    06F4FD5C 0411d054 00000001 06f4fd90 008bf6eb T……………
    06F4FD6C 1bbbdf90 0411d04d 0087b987 0411d38c ….M………..
    06F4FD7C 008bf6f3 0411d010 00000000 00000000 …………….
    06F4FD8C 06f4fdb8 06f4fdd0 008bd9bf 0411d010 …………….
    06F4FD9C 023cba26 00000001 0411d358 00000000 &.<…..X…….
    06F4FDAC 06f4fdac 06f4fdad 2b935ecd 06f4fe34 ………^.4…
    06F4FDBC 008bd31e 0411d010 00000002 00000002 …………….
    06F4FDCC 00000010 06f4fe20 0411d460 a0c6a1b4 …. …`…….
    06F4FDDC 00000001 023cba26 6d67b715 0000000a ….&.<…gm….
    06F4FDEC 00000000 00000000 00000000 023cba26 …………&.<.
    06F4FDFC 00000001 00000001 a0c6a1b4 06f4fe28 …………(…
    06F4FE0C 7701f927 06f4fe34 00000008 06f4fe3c ’..w4…….<…
    06F4FE1C 7ba3f921 94c7b370 01d12285 023cba26 !..{p…."..&.<.
    06F4FE2C 00000040 2b935d41 06f4fe74 008be522 @…A].
    t…“…
    06F4FE3C 94c7b370 01d12285 2b935d01 00000001 p….”…].….
    06F4FE4C 023cba26 a0c6a1b4 00000001 80000003 &.<………….
    06F4FE5C 06f4fe44 06f4f3d0 06f4febc 008613f0 D……………
    06F4FE6C 2c100075 00000000 06f4fe94 008bcaf1 u..,…………
    06F4FE7C 040d4e10 002293c8 0070f7a8 7009e9cd .N….“…p….p
    06F4FE8C 002293c8 00000004 06f4fecc 008610b0 ..”………….
    06F4FE9C 040d4e10 2b935db9 7009e9cd 002293c8 .N…].
    …p..“.
    06F4FEAC a0c6a1b4 00000010 06f4fea0 0086612b …………+a..
    06F4FEBC 06f4ff10 008613f0 2c102d8d 00000000 ………-.,….
    06F4FECC 06f4fed8 008611d8 0086115c 06f4fef8 ……..\…….
    06F4FEDC 700a41f7 002293c8 00000000 06f51000 .A.p..”………
    06F4FEEC 00100000 07062000 7009e9cd 06f4ff78 ….. …..px…
    06F4FEFC 7009ea84 06f4ff1c 07062000 00000000 …p….. ……
    06F4FF0C 00000000 ffffffff 70035ed0 70034e20 ………^.p N.p
    06F4FF1C 0000037f 60402003 00001f80 a0c6a1b4 ….. @`……..
    06F4FF2C 00000000 00000000 7009e9cd 07062000 ………..p. ..
    06F4FF3C 06f4ff78 06f4ff00 00000000 00000000 x……………
    06F4FF4C 7009ea58 00000000 00000000 00000000 X..p…………
    06F4FF5C 00000000 00000000 00000000 b04bd0b0 …………..K.
    06F4FF6C b04bd000 b04bd000 96a4dba9 06f4ff88 ..K…K………
    06F4FF7C 7009e393 b04bd000 96a4dba9 06f4ffa8 …p..K………
    06F4FF8C 96a4dc25 07062000 00000000 00000000 %…. ……….
    06F4FF9C b04bd000 000008ff 00015e07 06f4ffc8 ..K……^……
    06F4FFAC 96a4db9b b04bd000 00000000 00000000 ……K………
    06F4FFBC 00000000 0d0008ff 06f50000 06f4ffec …………….
    06F4FFCC 96a4ae32 b04bd000 00015e07 7009e370 2…..K..^..p..p
    06F4FFDC 07062000 06f50000 0d0008ff 00000000 . …………..
    06F4FFEC 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 …………….
  • Error Logs <—*
    Content is referencing a propID that doesn’t exist propId=‘1502432776989712267’
    Content is referencing a propID that doesn’t exist propId=‘1512065984907714361’
    Content is referencing a propID that doesn’t exist propId=‘1466063118967905889’
    Content is referencing a propID that doesn’t exist propId=‘1482128475914575363’
    Content is referencing a propID that doesn’t exist propId=‘1512065984907714169’
    Content is referencing a propID that doesn’t exist propId=‘1482128527454182912’
    Model ‘0×082245’: Failed to resolve AimIK bone indices.
    Model ‘0×082244’: Failed to resolve AimIK bone indices.
    Model ‘0×082243’: Failed to resolve AimIK bone indices.
    Couldn’t find projectile effect for skill ‘KIWQR.f0qXr’
    Couldn’t find projectile effect for skill ‘KIWQR.f0qXr’
    Model ‘0×0ea52d’: LightningSetActionPoints: lightning ‘fluxsystem’ not found.
    Couldn’t find projectile effect for skill ‘KIWQR.F77q2’
  • DirectX Device Info <—*
    VendorId = 0×10de
    DeviceId = 0×0fd5
    Version = 0.10.0000.11360
    Description = NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
    Compat = 0×00102000
    VidMem = 1024 MB

(edited by Mahkno.7593)

FotoGrrl.8137

Unless there’s a native Mac client that they haven’t released at all yet, there’s not really anything to work on. The whole appeal of Cider is that it’s a wrapper for Windows apps, so there’s no need to actually write a Mac version. Well, in theory, anyway…

According to Nvidia, Cider wont be supported or developed any longer. Our only options are to bootcamp or find someone to develop a working wine wrapper or even better a client that works. The latter I doubt will happen due to fact they arent even acknowledging this HUGE thread with more than 400 replies. Im looking into Crossover by Code Weavers but have sent a message to tech support to get in writing that my account and all that I worked on and money spent on the game will not be at risk of being banned.

Posted by: Shin Skysinger.1570

Shin Skysinger.1570

And, what “Bug reports” will help your team? PLEASE communicate with us, do you need our mac crash logs?

FotoGrrl.8137

And, what “Bug reports” will help your team? PLEASE communicate with us, do you need our mac crash logs?

Ive sent several of mine however they insist on having the “arenanet.log” file that resides in the gw2 app support folder in the user library. One tech told me in a response that they didnt know how to read the Apple crash reports.

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

According to Nvidia, Cider wont be supported or developed any longer. Our only options are to bootcamp or find someone to develop a working wine wrapper or even better a client that works. The latter I doubt will happen due to fact they arent even acknowledging this HUGE thread with more than 400 replies. Im looking into Crossover by Code Weavers but have sent a message to tech support to get in writing that my account and all that I worked on and money spent on the game will not be at risk of being banned.

You won’t be banned for using Crossover. Crossover and Cider are both based on wine. From their end they shouldn’t be able to see any difference between someone running the game on the mac beta, and someone running it through crossover. Crossover is doing exactly what Cider does, it is creating an environment in which the game can run. It isn’t interfering with the game files at all or interacting with them.

Posted by: JRM.6218

JRM.6218

Seconds. I count the crashes per seconds now, literally. No experience, no reward, nothing. And no word from ArenaNet. Just tell me you are not to do anything and I leave. But you don’t even read this, right?

WesleySnipes.3917

“I can’t really give you a timeline for the release/update of the Mac Client.
It’s not a non-issue, I simply can’t give a solid release date for a dev project of that scope.”

words of a GM in my e-mail…

This is frustrating… come on guys 3 years and you won’t admit that you don’t care?? I’ll give 400 gems to any1 that finds a dev note that mentions a mac fix within the last YEAR. That’s right, A YEAR.

I really don’t know what to make of this game anymore… when you’re able to play, be sure that the next patch will make it unplayable.

43x replies from many mac users and still no acknowledgement of our issues. If they can’t fix this just give us our money back, send us our way home, DELETE THAT FALSE ADVERTISEMENT FOR MAC and stop making more customers upset.

Seriously, the only thing that makes me this upset is the way politics work and ANET.

Posted by: Talek.6795

Talek.6795

Don’t let them delete mac gw2 advertorial stuff, we need to get it fixed

Talék

Posted by: Liray Adalya.4382

Liray Adalya.4382

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-May-19-2015

Mac
Updated the installer icon.
Fixed an issue that caused extra windows to appear in Mission Control when running Guild Wars 2.
Fixed an issue that caused the “About Guild Wars 2” window to reduce in size when opened.

WesleySnipes.3917

Mac
Fixed an issue that caused extra windows to appear in Mission Control when running Guild Wars 2.
Fixed an issue that caused the “About Guild Wars 2” window to reduce in size when opened.

WOW! i did NOT see that one coming

Posted by: kushman.7309

kushman.7309

After the most recent patch my crashes got alot worse, I used to only crash at the guild hall and durring dragon stand dragon fight but now I crash in every single boss battle and WVW I cant even play the game for more than an hour with out crashing its bullkitten how is mac still in beta after 3 years?

Posted by: kushman.7309

kushman.7309

oh and to add to it I have to restart my entire system after a crash because I get a " the application “guild wars 2.app” is not open anymore." message when i try to open it again.

SpookyElectric.1507

I’ll give 400 gems to any1 that finds a dev note that mentions a mac fix within the last YEAR. That’s right, A YEAR.

Mac

Time to pay the piper.

WesleySnipes.3917

I’ll give 400 gems to any1 that finds a dev note that mentions a mac fix within the last YEAR. That’s right, A YEAR.

Mac

Time to pay the piper.

LOL. Too bad the client doesn’t work for that to happen

SpookyElectric.1507

Clever clever…

On-Topic: Game still crashes. OOM errors each time.

I’ve been tweaking my Wine-staging GW2 build for a while now, but I cannot seem to get rid of the graphics glitches. They seem to occur in tandem with glowing and lighting effects, of which GW2 has a TON, so there is a constant garble of flashing, distorted environmental models, and other graphical messes that makes the game nearly unplayable. These glitches do not seem to affect the UI, Inventory Box, or options windows.

Furthermore, wine-staging apparently cannot not use the 64-bit windows client, so I am not sure that, even if I somehow fix the graphics problem, it will last any longer than the Mac client as it is now.

All of which is very unfortunate, because it seems to otherwise be the most stable. Looking online, I can find nothing about this particular problem.

Native Wine stopped working as of yesterday’s patch. So it was the best option until then.

I have to say, It’s kinda crummy that I’m looking into these sorts of options for a game advertised to me with a mac client. But until Cider comes in 64-bit, or until ANet comes out with a native client, I’m not sure what we can do.

Mahkno.7593

I have to say, It’s kinda crummy that I’m looking into these sorts of options for a game advertised to me with a mac client. But until Cider comes in 64-bit, or until ANet comes out with a native client, I’m not sure what we can do.

perhaps we can get an explanation, or an apology, or a refund, or all three.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Some areas seems to crash more than others:
In EBG I crash every 5 minutes
In Desert BL I crash every 10 minutes
In PvE zones I crash every 20 minutes
In Raids I do not crash
In Guild Halls during gvgs I do not crash

FotoGrrl.8137

the game simply is completly broken for me now. I cannot even stay in the game for more than 5mins. I launch and can take a few steps in LA and as soon as I hit M to change maps I crash. Or I take a few steps and I crash. Support has stopped responding to me now it seems.

Posted by: Thomas Wilde.9274

Thomas Wilde.9274

Arenanet you’ve really cheated a large part of your customer base here. It’s disgraceful how you can charge for a Mac version of the game when it’s practically unplayable at this time. The fact no real Mac Client has been developed all this time is astounding and I have also spent gems and bought HoT and now it isn’t playable.

As a customer I feel absolutely robbed.

Posted by: Thomas Wilde.9274

Thomas Wilde.9274

I have bought both Gw2 and HoT, spent countless Gems and tried to enjoy the game I love all for it to be nearly unplayable.

I ran into problems with the Mac client before (constant crashes upon opening). I was then instructed to open another Login on my mac which temporarily helped. Now I cannot play the game at all once again.

Really starting to lose my patience as a paying customer. It’s like all mac users have been robbed of their money by Arenanet while nothing has been done or suggested that there will be any kind of Mac client.

Is there any way in which I can receive a refund? There has been zero said on an update to the mac client to make it playable and not even a hint of anything further being developed. Don’t say something is playable on a Mac system when it clearly isn’t.

Posted by: Strattonni.6048

Strattonni.6048

I’m in the same scenario here. The launcher will not even launch without crashing and I can’t access the game at all. No amount of restarting my mac or Reinstalling Guild Wars 2 has fixed this. The game was working fine for me until the last patch.

Posted by: Joeobo.9428

Joeobo.9428

This pains me so much. Came back to game quite recently (about a month before HoT release) and levelled all the way to 80 with not a single crash occurring. It was amazing and I got hooked on this game again. However since the release of HoT the crashes haven’t stopped. I can play (unlike a lot of people) but I’m lucky to get 20 minutes before the game just closes itself or starts giving graphical glitches (and then closing). I haven’t been able to do a single world boss or huge event the whole way through as it will almost definitely crash and I get booted to a different instance on re-logging. Settings don’t make a difference and every ‘fix’ issued on the official thread does absolutely nothing. From what I’ve played of Verdant Brink the new content is super fun which makes me even more annoyed that I can’t really experience it. Please give us some response as to whether us Mac users will ever be able to actually PLAY what we’ve bought. If there’s not going to be a new mac client then please tell us as it’s a losing battle for a lot of your customers right now.

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

Although I don’t have the problems other Mac users seem to have – i.e. I can at least load the wretched thing – it is not a happy experience – and the inevitable crash will come no matter how many times I spin widdershins or how I hold my mouth.

ArenaNet has a visually pleasing game. The landscape has been lovingly created with colour and light and the water sparkles in the sunlight. The beauty lives in my memory only these days. To my IMac i7 the landscape is turned down to plain and dull.

You want me to shoot those things popping out of the ground for this event, ArenaNet? I would if I could see them but I cannot have long distance vision anymore. I can only assume those monsters are there because other people are shooting them. I am like Mr Magoo in game these days.

You know those fancy clothes people pay gems or hours of time to earn and then more hours to pay for the special dyes to get the right look. Wasted on me. All I see is just a big grey/pink man next to me.

I play on an IMac i7 with the best graphic card I could buy at the time but to GW2 these days I am the second class citizen, the leper, the one who bought the stupid computer that has no business playing games anyway.

Please ArenaNet, do the honest thing and stop advertising this game for the Mac.

Posted by: Otamisia.1246

Otamisia.1246

I’m in the same scenario here. The launcher will not even launch without crashing and I can’t access the game at all. No amount of restarting my mac or Reinstalling Guild Wars 2 has fixed this. The game was working fine for me until the last patch.

The exact same thing is happening to my partner. We were having a great time playing, until 2 days ago, when the update crashed the launcher and she was unable to open it again. Tried EVERYTHING suggested. Multiple times. She had always had weird problems, like the camera spinning, or random crashes, but this is just awful. I’ve lucked out, because even though my little PC laptop is not the greatest money can buy, it rarely has issues (aside from overheating, but that’s what desk fans are for – even in winter), but now we can’t even play together, which kind of blows the game for me.