Client unable to connect to login server [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Jonwpatterson.4538

Jonwpatterson.4538

I just was able to get to the map, everyone check your side also.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Update:

Kept trying and was able to get in. Hopefully it’ll stay connected when trying to traverse maps.

edit: spoke too soon. still not working when trying to change maps

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

(edited by pdavis.8031)

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

It isn’t necessarily on Anet’s end. A high latency network connection can have the same game symptoms. I’ve seen this timeout where you can log in but can’t connect to a map before trying to connect from California to the EU datacenter without a VPN.

It is an Anet problem —period! Don’t try to be an apologist for their problem and lack of response.

I’m not apologizing for their lack of response. I would like a response too. I’m just not going to continue naming everyone’s bandwagon cause when my own observations of my network connection have shown a different cause.

So Sad when you ignore the real culprit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation_does_not_imply_causation

If you timeout when trying to switch maps, you have to wait 15 minutes at least for the game system to clear before trying to log in again. If you try to log in right away, you get the message about not being able to log in immediately. Now you can log in again and just don’t change maps.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)

Posted by: Azhael.5726

Azhael.5726

After repair maps still takes forever to load.

Posted by: Quaggan.2630

Quaggan.2630

I think this is zone area problem

I dont have problem in sos borderland and karka island

But the char in Queensdale, Metrica Province, Wayfarer Foothills and Tangled Depths keep on 1083:5:7:1595:101

Posted by: whoeverxwins.1279

whoeverxwins.1279

From Twitter (remember they posted they would have communication there as well as forums?)

Guild Wars 2 ?@GuildWars2 12m12 minutes ago
If you’ve been having connection issues, we are aware of it and looking into it.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

I just was able to get to the map, everyone check your side also.

I give up! Anet has screwed up again. Going to bed. 50$ plus exchange and CC charges—LMAO—thanks Colin!

Jonwpatterson.4538

Divinity’s Reach map is OK right now

Posted by: iJest.4139

iJest.4139

It isn’t necessarily on Anet’s end. A high latency network connection can have the same game symptoms. I’ve seen this timeout before where you can log in but can’t connect to a map when trying to connect from California to the EU datacenter without a VPN.

I don’t understand how the problem could originate from the user’s end here. All these people having similar issues at the same time? I could run the game perfectly earlier today and have changed nothing at all. I can connect to the internet just like normal. I shouldn’t have any issues connecting to the server.

Posted by: darkmoo.7054

darkmoo.7054

They have responded elswhere. they are working overtime as it is to get this fixed give them a break.

Posted by: darkdonut.9715

darkdonut.9715

Azhael.5726

I repair also and still get the herror on story mission to start the expancion.

Posted by: Pimsley.3045

Pimsley.3045

They have responded elswhere. they are working overtime as it is to get this fixed give them a break.

Fair enough, but their own website should > twitter, imo.

Posted by: mPlattenum.2576

mPlattenum.2576

Yep—so sad when they don’t have the expertise to keep the game up and running.

Lol…
I really hope you’re kidding.

Posted by: Pimsley.3045

Pimsley.3045

Posted by: cass.9057

cass.9057

Posted by: Aeli.5463

Aeli.5463

I was playing just fine but then when I tried to transition to another area it locked up. Now I get the same error as the OP when I try to log in on any character.

Posted by: Trock Bronze.9625

Trock Bronze.9625

No solution has been found yet, nor have we heard from Anet officially about the problem.

we have on reddit… go watch gw2 reddit

post or link it here then, and redditt is not a good place, facebook, twitter or here is where they need to post.

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

No solution has been found yet, nor have we heard from Anet officially about the problem.

post or link it here then, and redditt is not a good place, facebook, twitter or here is where they need to post.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3qnd6w/what_did_they_break_cant_log_in_since_patch/cwgtdwx

6mins ago, they’re replying very actively in the topic.

and no, reddit is a very easy place for developers to get and push forward information, they use it very actively. much more convenient than even these forums.

Posted by: icy.9250

icy.9250

so there’s this hurricane, at least on the east coast… no idea why Seattle area would be down :o
Looks like I’ll have to finally get back to my Game of Thrones book

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

It isn’t necessarily on Anet’s end. A high latency network connection can have the same game symptoms. I’ve seen this timeout before where you can log in but can’t connect to a map when trying to connect from California to the EU datacenter without a VPN.

I don’t understand how the problem could originate from the user’s end here. All these people having similar issues at the same time? I could run the game perfectly earlier today and have changed nothing at all. I can connect to the internet just like normal. I shouldn’t have any issues connecting to the server.

It isn’t the users’ end any more than it is Anet’s end. It’s a peering issue on a network between the game servers and the end user.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Posted by: Donnie P.2813

Donnie P.2813

Alright! Who decided that it was a good idea to divide by zero?

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3qnd6w/what_did_they_break_cant_log_in_since_patch/

Posted by: Jhonathan Ilsydor.5472

Jhonathan Ilsydor.5472

… after update errors to connect like 45 min , then 1 hour i could play and now back to errors … should Anet go to sleep?

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

ok I thought it was something I did, got the last patch stayed until the game reloaded. Now I get network connection errors on all my characters. Anyone got any updated thread on this?

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Posted by: UTEXALUM.4507

UTEXALUM.4507

Mad King says: “No Dice!”

Posted by: Quaggan.2630

Quaggan.2630

… after update errors to connect like 45 min , then 1 hour i could play and now back to errors … should Anet go to sleep?

Me woo

I could get Karka Queen before update

keep on disconnected until 20 mins before teq

keep on DC again after teq and wurm

until now

(edited by Quaggan.2630)

Posted by: Ilmatar.6709

Ilmatar.6709

My main character is stuck in Hoelbrak. I tried to port out from there to the Queensdale and then this issue starts.

First I got this error code:
7:0:0.990:101 The game client lost its connection to the server. Please wait a few minutes before restarting the client and trying again.

Second try I got this error code:
1083:5:7:1595:101 Network error. Please check your internet connection and try again.

I tried to load up my another character who is in Metrica Province, she did load up. Then I load up my main, and she load up too, but when I tried to get Wayfarer Foothills, these same errors occurred. And now it seems that my another character is stucked in Metrica Province too.

ISP: Saunalahti
Server region: NA Fort Aspenwood.

EDIT:
Just after I post this info, everything started to work in the game. So at this moment issue is solved. Thank you.

Attachments:

(edited by Ilmatar.6709)

Posted by: Lorealin.7485

Lorealin.7485

This patch really punched me in the nether space.
I can’t believe how Bad the servers are messed up. It’s unplayable! I just hope they don’t lose and character data or items. I mean its freakign horrible right now.

Posted by: Piedplat.3597

Piedplat.3597

Same here, it’s unplayable.

/Piedplat Ranger80/Palissade Guardian80/Mystyphika Mesmer80/ ArmataTenebrae[AT] BG
http://www.armata.ca/

Posted by: cyraxisragnarok.4603

cyraxisragnarok.4603

It was happening prior to the patch that went out a hour or so ago also. I logged on earlier, noticed a good 3-5 second lag on everything (at that time), then got the “new build” prompt. Logged out for that, came back in, was fine until about 10-15 mins ago.

Posted by: Taliyahna.3516

Taliyahna.3516

points to the half a dozen or so other threads talking about the same thing. It’s the latest patch. They’re aware, they’ve tweeted that they’re working on it as well as posted it here.

Posted by: Snowking.2638

Snowking.2638

At the risk of sounding repetitive, I’m getting the same kind of issues. First the network randomly disconnected in the middle of a personal story instance, then again during a loading screen. Now the game cant get past the character selection on most tries without shutting down, and those that do are so laggy that the game becomes effectively unplayable. I’ve checked both my router and computer up and down for issues and couldn’t find any, so this ones on ANet. I don’t know what went down with the most recent build but someone certainly stepped in it.

Azhael.5726

Game is broken cant load the mission for the exp.

Posted by: cyraxisragnarok.4603

cyraxisragnarok.4603

points to the half a dozen or so other threads talking about the same thing. It’s the latest patch. They’re aware, they’ve tweeted that they’re working on it as well as posted it here.

There can be DCs/inability to load in without lag (I do suspect the in game lag and inability to connect are related, though, in this case). Plus not everyone uses Twitter. No other post explictly stated a lag issue.

Jonwpatterson.4538

Divinity’s Reach map went down the toilet again, the network problems showed up again. It was fine till I got to the Seraph Headquarters in Divinity’s Reach and the network error popped up again.

Posted by: Donnie P.2813

Donnie P.2813

…. and it tanked again. I suppose that playing any longer right now is just not happening. Maybe they will have it working in the morning?

Jonwpatterson.4538

I think we all need to log off and try in a few hours, just maybe the problem is getting corrected, but they need time to get it done. Hopefully with some luck and lots of caffeine the Dev’s can pull the game through.

Posted by: shirow.6832

shirow.6832

Same problem…

Posted by: Martin.9506

Martin.9506

Ok this is ridiculous Arena could at least put a post in the login client letting us know their is an issue! Get your kitten together Arena!

Posted by: Martin.9506

Martin.9506

kitten… how cute they replace s**t with kitten.

Posted by: kornfanxxx.9143

kornfanxxx.9143

Client worked for me for about 45 minutes, then pvp experience huge skill delay followed by HYPER SPEED! Haha, But seriously i was channeling crystal hibernation in like half a second. Somethings either being worked on or something is getting broken(er). Anyhoo tried loading into LA from Hotm. got booted again and trying again to no avail.

Posted by: Starligh.5214

Starligh.5214

I’ve been having the problem since last weekend. Got the new build, then the next new build, but still having the same problem.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

It’s serious if they are talking the servers offline entirely. Don’t think other than patching I’ve seen any actual “game’s offline for maintenance” ever.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Raven.1524

Raven.1524

Internet my butt! Just a mistake by Anet.

This type of posts makes me wonder if people actually read the previous posts before posting something.
Also, they didnt purposely writte that message, the system interprets it’s an issue like that. Kinda like when people say someone needs to eat more because they are skinny but in fact thats an issue caused by a massive amount of kitten……. ok, i guess i had too much internet for the day. -.-

Posted by: Raven.1524

Raven.1524

Ok this is ridiculous Arena could at least put a post in the login client letting us know their is an issue! Get your kitten together Arena!

For gods freaking mustache sake!! “THERE IS”,“THERE IS”!!!!!!

Posted by: Eagelseye.6312

Eagelseye.6312

Almost copy paste the initial post. However I am facing such a problem if the character is in Heart of Mists or Lion’s Arch. If it is in general map like the Foothills, then the game runs smoothly.

The forums however is taking ages to load. Please help.

I am enclosing a screenshot

Attachments:

PvP mail DH and Thief, PvE main Staff Tempest/Druid/PS

Posted by: dhurak.2951

dhurak.2951

while i was playing i was disconnected from game with a message that some other client logged in. now, i cant login to login server with the error code above. it sounds like a server problem but i wanted to be sure if everyone is experiencing the same thing… anyone ?

Posted by: AlumAtWar.8206

AlumAtWar.8206

Don’t know if it’s related or a complete fluke, I was about to post “me too” on this problem- all my characters never got past loading screen but a friend suggested I do a repair from this guide:
https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/28148006-Repairing-the-Game-Client

Took about 10 minutes and then I logged in and everything’s great – hopped multiple characters, doing things, changing zones

Tried this and it did not work at all. The update ran – updated client and now whenever I try loggin I get error message
Build: 54696 Error Code: 58:11:5:535 .

Wont even go to message screen let alone get to any characters. ID and password checked dozens of times and are correct.

Posted by: Despot.3048

Despot.3048

Having the same problem. I logged off for a minute to grab a bite and can’t log in now