FAQ: Gem Store / BLTC / Trading Post

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Neito.5308

Neito.5308

Credit card keeps getting rejected even though I’ve bought Gems with it on multiple times before. Happened around the time of the Karka event too.

Posted by: Reinate.7594

Reinate.7594

130103-003154

put $450 on my credit card yesterday so it SHOULD work, called my mother who plays the game as well and she was able to use her credit card to buy gems.
Whats the dealio?
Using a Visa if that helps narrow things down.

Posted by: bane.6281

bane.6281

Having the same issue with most of the guys here. [Incident: 130103-000?779]
Tried to purchase some gems but shows "We appreciate your continuing purchases. Please contact customer support to confirm your identity before making additional purchases.”

Posted by: Heideran.8507

Heideran.8507

130103-002465

not sure if this is the right place, but tried to buy some stuff recentley from gem store and it was never delivered, mailbox was empty

Posted by: Lorkster.3174

Lorkster.3174

My wife got the “contact customer support” today. Card worked fine during christmas and credit has a large margin.

Posted by: Eamm.4863

Eamm.4863

Still…can’t buy gems

I posted a ticket about a week ago about not being able to purchace gems, even though I know that my card is alright and so my paypal account, to make sure I tried another credit card and still nothing, it always, aaalwaaays says “card aproval failed”. What is up with this problem? Is it being looking in to? Is there another way to buy gems that is not in-game? Seriously alot of people is having this problem…

Oh by the way, the wierd part is that I was able to buy 800 gems once like 3 weeks ago using the same card that its now being rejected…

Thanks

Posted by: Dusk.6821

Dusk.6821

ticket: 121231-000938 , please look into it for me.

Posted by: Bazinga.5907

Bazinga.5907

REF NO: #130106-001142

Same story, card is good and has funds but I am not able to make purchases via paypal or direct credit card information.
Trying to use a Visa.

Also when I tried to buy the game yesterday digitally from the GW2 website I was not able to do so because of the same problem.

Posted by: Kath.8957

Kath.8957

Hi,

I spent a bit (too much, evidently ) of money in the gem store (was buying Xmas gift for hubby) and got a security lock down of my gem-store. It said I needed to contact customer service to get it unlocked again, and I am uncertain how to go about this properly, so I am hoping you can help me from here.

Thanks!

[w**w] Consider this my official petition for more Mimics in games. [w**w]

Posted by: blackysharky.7581

blackysharky.7581

Dear Arenanet Team,

I wanted to buy some Gems from the Gemstore today but the Gemstore is giving me an error message that I need to contact you to verify myself so that it’s possible for me to order some more gems again. I already wrote you an e-mail via the support system but I haven’t received an answer yet and neither was it possible for me to make an purchase yet.

So it’d be very nice if you could check my account and unlock it from the security lock so I can make an purchase again.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Ticket: #121211-001166

Sir Masao
Warrior
Elonas Reach [EU]

Posted by: Hollywood.2407

Hollywood.2407

Purchased character slot, never showed up, however gems were taken.

Anyone else have this and find a resolution?

Posted by: tlfought.3280

tlfought.3280

Hey I recently purchased the Prime Evil Armor Skin from Black Lion as part of the New year’s weekend sale and i never received it. I used my own gold and it cost me 7g 62s so right now I’m not very happy with Black Lion I hope you guys at Anet will be able to give me the armor skin or reimburse me for the gold that was lost

Thanks!

Posted by: whitefur.7918

whitefur.7918

[Vorgang: 130105-002430]

tried to purchase gems via paypal, tried deleting the cookies and using another browser
nothing worked, hope you can solve this issue soon. its telling me that there was an error and if i press “retry” or whatever it puts me away from the side… maybe i got into some pament cap or something? bought quite a high amount before this error appeared. i hope you can unlock me again so i can keep purchasing

(edited by whitefur.7918)

Posted by: Matt.7025

Matt.7025

ticket: #130105-000879

was fixed, but now is back to not working.

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Ticket #130107-000788

I’ve attempted to buy gems, but have gotten errors when trying both the Paypal and credit card options. I’d like to be able to purchase gems so that I can continue leveling crafting professions. I’m not sure what’s causing the error, but hopefully it can be resolved soon.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Posted by: OTL.5603

OTL.5603

not sure if this is the right place, but is it intentional that I can only buy $10 or $20 worth of gems? I just got a $15 gift card. I would love to use it here, but I cant and I wont just use part of the card here, so you have lost a sale.

Posted by: Keldash.3602

Keldash.3602

Ticket #130108-000613

Tried Buying gems today and I got Card Approval Failed. This is the first time this has happened to me. I have only bought a couple of times and it wasn’t frequently either. I would like this fixed if it at all possible please.

A good player knows his limitations, a great player figures a way around them. – Cell (DBZ)

Posted by: Matt.7025

Matt.7025

ticket: #130109-000385

Error code: “We appreciate your continuing purchases. Please contact customer support to confirm your identity before making additional purchases.”

How do I go about confirming my identity with you guys? also how can i stop this from happening? this is the second time in just about a week.

Posted by: Zeik.1435

Zeik.1435

I tried a few times to buy gems, no luck. What’s going on?

Posted by: Never.8147

Never.8147

Cannot buy gems, card has worked in the past but I can no longer purchase more gems, even after re-entering my info. What’s wrong? =(

Heemi – Asura Necromancer

Posted by: Dazzerd.9524

Dazzerd.9524

I’m having an issue purchasing gems as well. continues to say there is an issue with my card and to contact support. I have submitted a ticket and I am making a post here as well about it.

Posted by: djgambit.7192

djgambit.7192

I too am getting the same message. “Identity cannot be verified please contact customer support” I checked my bank and I just made a gem purchase on the 1-8-13 that went through fine. Please fix this problem. I am relieved that it’s not an isolated issue.
On a side note, Phone support would be a bonus. very frustrating to navigate your “support” system. The more companies get away from personal service the worse off the company is.

Posted by: fRiZzLeFrY.4376

fRiZzLeFrY.4376

Ticket #130111-000818

I tried to purchase the $35 gem pack and was told my credit card failed. But the charge is showing on my statement. Please help me get my gems or at least a refund. Thank you.

Posted by: iRawr.7856

iRawr.7856

I try to Buy Gems and it gives me a card approval failure message. I have tried with 3 different debit cards all of which have been used to buy gems before and all have funds on them. Thank you.

Posted by: T Dawg.3468

T Dawg.3468

Hello, I recently tried to buy gems. I have actually been trying to buy them for the past few days… Today I called my bank to make sure it wasn’t them, it wasn’t. A few days ago I submitted a ticket question thing and have not herd back from them. I do not know what else to do so I am coming here. So, why can’t i buy gems? Sorry if this is not the right place to post this. I havn’t had any reason to come onto the site until now. I think the error code thing is 130111-000283. I just made a thread with the exact message and then I saw this thread and thought i should post it in here.

Posted by: Iris.2358

Iris.2358

130112-002048

Tried buying gems for the last 2 days. Keep getting failed message when attempting to finish the transaction. Bank says its not them as they don’t even see the attempts in their records. All info being entered is correct.

Posted by: KripTed.2806

KripTed.2806

“Card Approval Failed”

no incident number.

Posted by: Beeca.9467

Beeca.9467

This is crap i cant buy gems because of the way you have things set if this is because i HAVE spent to much and you shut me down how dare you this my my CC and i will do what i want and when i want with my CC.

I want this fixed ASAP and i will not fill out your tickets this is YOUR screw up not mine , and now they have blocked my complaint account.

I had a number 130113-001821 who gives you the right to shut it down and ask me if it is mine for gods sakes of course its mine i have the darn thing for over 20 years .

I take stuff to do with credit cards very personal and i want this fixed or i will leave and never give you guys another penny.

You guys have no RIGHT to to this to me because of some DUMB policy you put in .

80-Ranger/80-Necro/80-Warrior/
80-Guardian /80- Mesmer

Posted by: Metaphysicist.9427

Metaphysicist.9427

If you have tried to make a purchase in the Gem Store and have experienced issues, please post in this thread. Kindly include your 12-digit Incident Number in your post.

Thank you!

Incident: 130116-001535

I want to buy gems but can’t, character in a half-finished state because of this.

Posted by: Prime Time.9506

Prime Time.9506

I am also having the same issue that alot of people seem to have. I am unable to purchase gems using my credit card(which i have tried 4 different cards) and pay pal. This is extremely frustrating. This problem needs to be addressed soon. If you can’t purchase gems whats the purpose of even having that option. I have been emailed on my account several other meens to buy coins or gems which i know is illegal but at this point it just about seems the only way to solve the problem(i have no intention of doing so ever). I sincerely hope this issue is fixed asap. ty gws2 team.

Posted by: Prime Time.9506

Prime Time.9506

I am also having the same issue that alot of people seem to have. I am unable to purchase gems using my credit card(which i have tried 4 different cards) and pay pal. This is extremely frustrating. This problem needs to be addressed soon. If you can’t purchase gems whats the purpose of even having that option. I have been emailed on my account several other meens to buy coins or gems which i know is illegal but at this point it just about seems the only way to solve the problem(i have no intention of doing so ever). I sincerely hope this issue is fixed asap. ty gws2 team.

Posted by: multani.1452

multani.1452

I’m also having an issue. Just this morning I tried paying for gems with my saved credit card and low and behold I get a message stating “please confirm your identity” when attempting to purchase gems. I’ve purchased gems before and haven’t had a problem.

Ticket:: 130119-001041

“I got ten voices in my head and NONE of them like you.”
~Eliana Veilstrike~
Yak’s Bend (TBE)

Posted by: blackysharky.7581

blackysharky.7581

Can’t buy gems now for 2 days, already wrote to customer support but they didn’t write back yet and haven’t increased my limit again, I’d be very happy if someone of you guys could look at my issue and let me make another purchase, thanks.

Ticket Nr.: 121211-001166

Sir Masao
Warrior
Elonas Reach [EU]

Posted by: Vilgefortz.4581

Vilgefortz.4581

incident-130120-000427

cant buy gems. Both credit cards and paypal dont work. Please increase my purchasing limit.

Attachments:

Posted by: Ninjacricket.3590

Ninjacricket.3590

Ticket #130121-000502

I too have the same problem. Tried 3 different Master Card CCs and get the “authentication failed…please contact support error message.”

Posted by: Watch It Bro.8067

Watch It Bro.8067

Yeah, I’ve been getting frusterated for a long time now. (Long time as in a week)
I’ve tried 4 different credit cards, my prepaid vista giftcard, and paypa to buy :
800 gems
1600 gems
my friend the 60$ version of the game.
I mean come on guys I’m trying to give you money and you won’t except it. It’s getting ridiculous how this is happening. I’ve posted two tickets which apparently merged into one and havn’t gotten a response in like a week (aprox, no idea how long exactly).
Here’s my ticket number. Please fix this bull asap. Thanks guys.
130118-000449

Posted by: Axit.4982

Axit.4982

#130122-000628

please look into it please.
This is basically what everyone on this forum having trouble with.

Posted by: eclipsedemon.3864

eclipsedemon.3864

How do I get the lock on the buying gems from the gem store on my account unlocked? I am confirming that I am the (only) person buying the gems and using the card to buy the gems.

Thanks for your guys’ time and effort. (:

Posted by: tyral snippa.5182

tyral snippa.5182

I don’t have a incident number but…I appear to be having the problem with buying gems as well. I was fine until about 15minutes ago. They say to contact costumer support to authorize my account but it just redirected me here.

Any help unlocking this would be thankful

Posted by: Provider.3217

Provider.3217

I attempted to purchase 800 gems but I got an error message stating that the transaction failed. I checked my online bank account and it says I have THREE pending transactions being held against my account even though I only tried to buy one set of 800 gems (which I never received). #130128-000039

Posted by: HoChiS.9304

HoChiS.9304

I tried to purchase gems but received a “card approval failed” message, and was told to contact customer support.

Could you please assist? Thanks.

My ticket number is #130128-000969.

Posted by: Agnes.5634

Agnes.5634

i’ve bought Broom but i didn’t receive it… -250 gems and no item :/

Posted by: Dastreus.2316

Dastreus.2316

Been trying to buy gems with my credit card, but the Confirm button won’t light up. At times, Ohio/OH shows up red and I have to wait for it to go through.

Posted by: Rastille.8610

Rastille.8610

I am having the exact same problem. I bought the Broom yesterday and I still have not received it. I don’t have a ticket number.

i’ve bought Broom but i didn’t receive it… -250 gems and no item :/

Posted by: Nicolle Rodgers.4926

Previous

Nicolle Rodgers.4926

Next

Been trying to buy gems with my credit card, but the Confirm button won’t light up. At times, Ohio/OH shows up red and I have to wait for it to go through.

Hi Dastreus,

Can you tell me… when this happens, does the number of gems you’re purchasing and your total price show up on the left side of the window?

Previous

Nicolle Rodgers.4926

Next

If you did not receive your broom, trying checking your mailbox to make sure it isn’t full. If it is not full, try deleting at least one player-sent mail anyway, and see if the item shows up after that.

Posted by: Cathern Starlight.2901

Cathern Starlight.2901

every time i try to use the Black Lion Trade, they say i need to log 9in, i am loged in, don;t understand what is going on.

Previous

Nicolle Rodgers.4926

Next

every time i try to use the Black Lion Trade, they say i need to log 9in, i am loged in, don;t understand what is going on.

Do you have an antivirus program or firewall running?

Posted by: Rastille.8610

Rastille.8610

Okay… so this worked to get delivery of the broom.

But then… the broom disappeared after a single use. Hmm… maybe the store description should mention that?

Alternatively… holy wow the gem store purchases are incredibly buggy! I think I’ll be holding on to my money until I get a broom or a refund. Sigh.

If you did not receive your broom, trying checking your mailbox to make sure it isn’t full. If it is not full, try deleting at least one player-sent mail anyway, and see if the item shows up after that.

Posted by: ochoa.1285

ochoa.1285

“Review your order” confirm button not working