FAQ: Gem Store / BLTC / Trading Post

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: TheResistance.7465

TheResistance.7465

Thanks Gaile, problem was my credit card was not from the same country i live in..

So i bought a 3v Visa Voucher and it worked.
However, i bought one today and it keeps failing.
#121020-002845

i even tried to use the voucher i used before with new money and it still failed although it succeeded before…

Never had so much trouble buying ingame money in any other game.. BIG flaw, it’s annoying the crap out of me.

(edited by TheResistance.7465)

Posted by: Tamaska.6543

Tamaska.6543

[Incident: 121020-002050]

Can’t buy gems with visa card.
If this could be fixed I would love to give you more money!

The issue could be that my card is a royal bank of “Scotland” card
and the only option i get to choose is “United Kingdom”

I really don’t know though…

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Max.4059

Max.4059

#121021-000737
Max.4059
cant buy gems
thanks

Posted by: Talek.6795

Talek.6795

Hello guys.
#121021-001267
Talek.6795
I purchased 10 fine transmutation stones and didn’t receive them by post. They still didn’t arrive. By the way: in purchased story didn’t noticed that i had bought stones.

Please help.

Cheers,
Alex

Talék

Posted by: TheVisad.5617

TheVisad.5617

121021-000603 is my ticket number, I was able to purchase gems up until yesterday when my purchases were denied. I contacted support who said, “In reviewing your account, I can see that I am able to override your purchase restriction for 24 hours. Please make your purchase within this time frame. If you are unable to make the purchase within that time, you may need to contact us again.”

Seriously? If I have to contact support every time I want to make a purchase, you will simply loose my purchases. I will not step through hoops to make a purchase and try to force my money on you. This is a joke, I am a legit player, doing legit things and playing a game I paid for. Please fix the system, there is nothing wrong with my cards, my account, my spending habits and there is plenty of money on the cards. I have the authenticator service on my account for added security, but still I have to contact someone at support, then wait to purchase. That makes me simply wish I had never bought two copies of the game in the first place.

Posted by: BareManny.7190

BareManny.7190

While i do appreciate good security in a game, sometimes there can be too much. Once again I’ve gone to purchase gems, so I have a nice little stock for when the added content patch comes out and once again I get the card denied\failed authorization message. This has become VERY VERY annoying. If you dont’ want players to purchase gems in game then REMOVE the ability to have to fill in all those kitten questions again, and REMOVE the buy button from the store. Having to email support every time I want to spend money in game has become old very very fast. When I decided I want to buy gems, I would like to buy them now, not when support decides to answer my email, and especialy not when i’ve provided the details they request in the original email, only to have a email come in asking me to provide the details I’ve already provided.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do something about this.

Posted by: Trixter.4091

Trixter.4091

Ticket: 121022-000213

Trying to buy gems, not allowing me to…

(edited by Trixter.4091)

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I do understand your frustration! Since you’ve already spoken to Support, could you please continue a discussion with the team via your existing ticket? You may ask to be routed to a team senior agent or lead. Perhaps there is a way to allow you to purchase more easily while still maintaining the security that is an essential part of business.

I am not an expect in purchases and billing, but I hope they can help you out!

And please accept my thanks for your support of our game! (Plus, yes, the Halloween items are amazing!)

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Exemplar.3758

Exemplar.3758

Hello, I have been unable to purchase gems with several different credit cards, and now my paypal account is no longer working either. I’ve had a ticket open for 3 days.

121019-001617

Thank you very much!

Posted by: summourn.4982

summourn.4982

Hello. I am growing incredibly frustrated and would like help or clarification.

My ticket number is 121020-000049.

I, like many others here, was told my card approval failed. After contacting customer support and proving I am myself and that I have indeed verified the usage of my card, I was given a vague and enigmatic “24 hour lift on the restriction”. I had to request another response just to know what this meant. I was, like many other confused people here, not given any information as to why I had to have a lift on what appeared to be a ban of sorts on my card, nor was I given any information as to if it was permanent, if I would be able to purchase again after an amount of time, what that amount of time would be, etc. Just nothing. I was very unhappy.

A day later, I received another automatic response which included a vague explanation that this ban “usually” sorts itself out after a 24 hour period (hence my guess that the 24 hour lift is so that I can purchase until the restriction goes away. However, I was not ever informed of any of that ankittenrying to understand this through mere guesswork.)

Here is the CM’s exact response: "We have implemented new purchase limits to help prevent fraudulent credit card use. These limits restrict the number of purchases for each product per household and/or credit card used within a certain timeframe. This is a system-wide security measure. Trying to purchase past the limit on a different or new account will result in the same error.

When this happens, you can always contact us for assistance. If you do not wish to do that, you can simply wait 24 hours from the last failed attempt and try again. This particular issue in our billing system is one that usually resolves on its own after 24 hours."

Well, I decided to be extra cautious and wait about three days before trying a small $10.00 gem purchase to see if it had resolved itself as it should have. It has not. I still receive the error upon hitting ‘confirm’ that my card will not be approved and that I have to prove my identity. Please help me. Especially with the approaching Halloween event, I am afraid I will be punished and miss out on these items that are available for a limited time only. I am becoming incredibly frustrated. I love this game, but the treatment I am receiving with this has left me feeling very sad.

Posted by: Whoflung.7240

Whoflung.7240

looks like ive joind the multiple people with this issue ..ive been using paypal np since game started now as i tryed to purchase gems for halloween im getting a unable to finalise purchase error ,tryed using my credit card but get a failed erroe pls contact customer support i have put in a ticket (ticket no [Incident:121022-001287] )
here is a copy of the response i got
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2012 12:43 AM
To: ………………………………
Subject: Error in finalising my gem purchase [Incident:121022-001287]

Response
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Guild Wars 2 Support! You’re receiving this automated message based on information provided in your original submission indicating that the information below may resolve the issue.

Do you see 3 points in your Hall of Monuments?
Please note that some players may be seeing 3 points in the rewards calculator, however, you will not be able to use the Hall of Monuments unless you have applied Guild Wars Eye of the Northto your original Guild Warsaccount.

Missing Rewards
There are several issues that could affect your ability to gain access to your Hall of Monument rewards. The most common issues are as follows:
Your Guild Wars 2 account is not properly linked to the appropriate Guild Wars account.
Instructions on how to link your accounts can be found here: http://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/answers/list/kw/8961
Your Guild Wars 2 account is linked to a banned Guild Wars account.
You have not logged into Guild Wars 2 and received a Portal Stone from Scornheart who is located at Hooligan’s Route in Lion’s Arch.
You have not logged into Guild Wars 2 and talked to Kimmes.
Kimmes The Historian is an NPC located in the Hall of Monuments and you can access him by using your Portal Stone.
You have not logged into the original Guild Wars and visited the Hall of Momuments.

Make sure that you have completed all of the steps above as they are all necessary to resolve this issue.

If these suggestions do not address the issue that you’re experiencing, please reply with the following information and we’ll be happy to investigate further:
The account (login) name of your original Guild Wars account which has the desired Hall of Monuments.
The account (login) name of your Guild Wars 2 account on which you want to receive the Hall of Monuments.

Additional Information
If you were experiencing any other issues with the Hall of Monuments, we ask that you please try again as the issue should be resolved.

Additional information on the Hall of Monuments can be found here: http://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9029

If none of the above information answered your particular question, please reply to this email and let us know.

Discussion Thread
Customer By Web Form (……………………………..) 10/22/2012 08:43 AM
ive been buying gems from bltp since ive started playing this game i just tryed to purchase some more and now i get error in finalising purchase can you help pls as halloween is almost here

will you pls fix this ty

Posted by: Lordeceiver.9826

Lordeceiver.9826

It seems I am one of many who are having the same problem.
I recently tried to purchase gems from the gem store to use them on the awesome Halloween items, yet keep getting “Card Approval Failed”. This has only recently been a problem since previous purchases have been just fine.
Incident #121023-002744

Posted by: Toaster.3269

Toaster.3269

I’ve been having problems with the in-game gem shop.

It tells me card approval failed.
Incident: 121023-003333

Posted by: Nerradus.2590

Nerradus.2590

Is there a way to buy Gems other than in game?
I pointed out in Beta, that I didn’t like the idea of buying or using my credit card details in game, and some of my concerns back then seem to have become a reality.

Can’t we have something in our account page on the main site, or buy something like game cards which could then be sold in a store?

I’d like to see something like a subscribtion based system as an option, so I could set up to have XX amount of gems a month.

Posted by: Quilliam.7026

Quilliam.7026

I was able to buy gems before halloween, then I bought the 10$ amount fine and decided I wanted more to buy a costume. At that point I got unable to purchase please contact support if problem continues.

I tried a different card, same issue. I waited a day tried both cards and same problem continues so I just sent something to support.
#121024-002336

I well say the support page was slightly confusing, as I thought I had to log into my game account to do a ticket, but it it appears as if a support account is different than a game account, confusing so I just did nothing and sent in a ticket, I hope.

I really want to buy the mad king costume before Halloween ends…

Posted by: Taliso.4785

Taliso.4785

I too have sent in a support ticket. I am getting the same credit card failed error. I would like this issue resolved so I can buy some Gems and get my account gussied up with extra character slots and Halloween costumes.

Ticket #: 121024-002738

Posted by: permeus.8347

permeus.8347

i too am having this problem (not been able to buy Gems) but i haven’t put in a ticket as im guessing that they already know this is happening, what with all the money there not getting.

note for next event (most likely Christmas) get Gems well before the event starts.

CWR

Posted by: Badwrong.3596

Badwrong.3596

Seems I can’t buy gems. I have bought a decent bit of them previously and since GW2 has kept me from buying any other video games lately I thought I’d nab some more to get some halloween stuff.

I did submit an incident ticket: 121024-003139

Posted by: Lamarius.3201

Lamarius.3201

I’m unable to purchase gems as well. Says it can’t validate my credit card. Paypal fails as well.

Posted by: Onslaught.5864

Onslaught.5864

I had the same issue, geting the same message but i got it to work all i did was log out of the game close the client and right clicked the GW2 desk top icon and ran it
as administrator then i was able to purches gems. not sure if this will work for you guys
but worked for me.

Posted by: Tammuz.7361

Tammuz.7361

hey onslaught’s fix worked! thx

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I had the same issue, geting the same message but i got it to work all i did was log out of the game close the client and right clicked the GW2 desk top icon and ran it as administrator then i was able to purches gems. not sure if this will work for you guys but worked for me.

Awesome advice, Onslaught! Thanks for sharing this with other players — it clearly has already helped others!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Kynas.2105

Kynas.2105

I haven’t put in a ticket for this, as there seem to be numerous instances of this already mentioned in this thread.. but I can’t get any of my credit cards to work with the gem store. I’ve used them to purchase them in the past without issue, so I’m pretty sure the problem isn’t on my end.

Posted by: Pandora.7981

Pandora.7981

Incident number : #121025-001302

card approval failure asking me to confirm my identity.
sigh, getting this again and again even after a week.. have only been given lifts so each time i want to buy things from the gem store i have to write in.
so frustrated.. please look into it for me again as i want to buy halloween event related items.

Posted by: Dark Priest.3041

Dark Priest.3041

I have exactly the same issue. Ticket number: #121025-001369.

Posted by: muse.7904

muse.7904

Ticket Number: 121023-002998

I’m having the same problems as everyone else. I’ve confirmed this issue is not on my bank’s end. I was able to successfully purchase gems on October 8th but am getting failed attempts ever since. I would like to purchase more gems to take advantage of the holiday event. I would really appreciate any help. Thanks.

Posted by: vaerlyn.7419

vaerlyn.7419

I am unable to purchase gems tried the run as admin fix, was not working.

my support number for this is 121025-002129

(edited by vaerlyn.7419)

Posted by: Artermis.6792

Artermis.6792

I tried to buy gems ingame from the trade post and ended up getting banned 24 hours later because my card company flagged the transaction as fraud. I spoke to them to tell them the transaction is fine.

I have paid for the gems, i have not received them and been banned.

Terrible.

My ticket number is: 121024-002169

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Is there a way to buy Gems other than in game?
I pointed out in Beta, that I didn’t like the idea of buying or using my credit card details in game, and some of my concerns back then seem to have become a reality.

Can’t we have something in our account page on the main site, or buy something like game cards which could then be sold in a store?

I’d like to see something like a subscribtion based system as an option, so I could set up to have XX amount of gems a month.

Yes, gem cards are available! Please read this page for more information.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I haven’t put in a ticket for this, as there seem to be numerous instances of this already mentioned in this thread.. but I can’t get any of my credit cards to work with the gem store. I’ve used them to purchase them in the past without issue, so I’m pretty sure the problem isn’t on my end.

It could be your bank that is the issue, or our fraud protection systems may be preventing the purchase. If you contact Support the team will help you figure out the cause and, if it’s on our end, work with you to resolve it.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Here is how I see the last batch of reports:

121020-002845 Resolved
121019-001617 Resolved
121020-000049 Resolved
121022-001287 Resolved
121023-002744 Resolved
121024-002738 Resolved
121025-001302 Resolved
121025-001369 Resolved
121023-003333 Resolved — did you check with your bank about why they were preventing you from making purchases?
121020-002050 Suggestions supplied on 10/20
121021-000737 Info provided 10/21
121021-000603 Info provided 10/21
121022-000213 Info provided 10/23
121021-001267 Info sent 10/21 — are you ok now?
121024-002336 As explained yesterday, your bank is preventing these purchases. Please contact them and get back with Support if you need help after that.
121023-002998 In queue for review
121025-001638 Moved to Technical Support Forum

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Calamity.8267

Calamity.8267

#121025-003128

Hey. I bought the Mad King’s Outfit + a Black Lion Key from the Gem Store 24.12.2012, and have not received the items yet. Can you please look into this?

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

It’s most helpful if players will allow the Support Team a few days before they post in this thread. There’s no need to post right after submitting a ticket, but rather, wait a few days to see if the issue can be resolved and post here if the issue continues, or if you have a repeated issue.

Thanks for understanding.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Abaddons Acolyte.7438

Abaddons Acolyte.7438

Hello..
Thank you for getting back to me Gaile, and It seems that the 24 hour time window they gave me had been removed and I was able to make the purchase of the 150$ on October 19th
Now, LOL……..the issue with me is that I always work a large amount of over time at my work and as a thank you my boss likes to treat me with Mastercard/visa gift cards.
So I got another one today, Low and Behold…….BLOCKED ……Again….
So I submitted a ticket, [Incident: 121026-000031]
I only want to buy the dang Witch costume, so I am worried I wont get it in time.
But oh well its just a skin.
Anyways I heard in another forum that there may be some sort of gem limit in a 7 day period, is this true? Or is it….
You guy just dont like me 0_0
Why you no want my money !!?!?!

(edited by Abaddons Acolyte.7438)

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Hello..
Thank you for getting back to me Gaile, and It seems that the 24 hour time window they gave me had been removed and I was able to make the purchase of the 150$ on October 19th
Now, LOL……..the issue with me is that I always work a large amount of over time at my work and as a thank you my boss likes to treat me with Mastercard/visa gift cards.
So I got another one today, Low and Behold…….BLOCKED ……Again….
So I submitted a ticket, [Incident: 121026-000031]
I only want to buy the dang Witch costume, so I am worried I wont get it in time.
But oh well its just a skin.
Anyways I heard in another forum that there may be some sort of gem limit in a 7 day period, is this true? Or is it….
You guy just dont like me 0_0
Why you no want my money !!?!?!

Oh dang it! I was thinking as I read “Gift card, that should work!” But I see… not so much. ~sigh~

I love the witch costume, I don’t blame you at all. But be assured it’s available through the event! And while this is irritating, please don’t take it personally. We do <3 you and we definitely would like to accept your money.

Let me see if I can find out about whether there’s a limit.

EDIT:

Just talked to a team member, and he told me that it’s the financial institution that is blocking the purchases. He suggests that you contact them — your bank, perhaps, or the credit card company — and pursue this issue. After you do that, I’d suggest you update your existing ticket and tell the agent what you learned, and if there is further trouble, update the ticket again and we’ll throw another hamster into the giant Wheel O’ Business on our end.

I’m sorry for all the hoops — we’re working to reduce those, but must be watchful for the large number of illicit transactions that are attempted each day. :-/

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: hazlettwolfe.9310

hazlettwolfe.9310

I purchased the free devil horns and a 5 pack of keys off the gem store, and never received them in my character’s mail, please look into this, all the bugs in this game are starting to get to me, for a game I payed 150 for not including my gem shop money, I’d expect atleast the payshop to be squared away.

Posted by: Flumburken.6217

Flumburken.6217

#121026-000860

I’ve tried to buy more gems, but I keep getting (Card Approval failed) when I confirm my credit card. And I see no transactions coming from my bank. What to do?

Posted by: EchoedPulser.9341

EchoedPulser.9341

I just used my paypal account to buy something most likely the exact same process as what Arena Net uses (that is pure speculation). I bought some skin on Leagues of Legend, and bought the points through paypal, and all worked out great! Went imminently to GW2 to give it a try and nothing… I got same problem as everyone else, so not worth going into it, but glad to see that i have people to share in my frustration, and that alot of money is not reaching Arena Nets hands. Well I wouldn’t say thats a good thing bec i love the game, but I can’t help but hold some animosity for the current issue at hand.

Posted by: Crispyseaweed.4870

Crispyseaweed.4870

Incident: 121025-003237

Well I also can’t buy Gems from the store. I’ve tried my card and Paypal, errors on both when finalising. I put a ticket in and got a response from support saying they had overridden the restrictions for 24 hours, BUT said I needed to wait another 24 hours from the time I last tried to make a payment before trying. Unfortunately I had already tried it just as the email arrived. Will this break the process? Do I still have to wait 24 hour? Its all kind of frustrating. Any help or clarification on the process would be helpful. Many thanks!

Posted by: Crispyseaweed.4870

Crispyseaweed.4870

Got another response from Support. They say I have to wait 24 hours before I can make a purchase, then I can only buy for 24 hours. Well, its cool that I’ll probably be able to buy some gems but I wonder why my accounts broken like this. Is this a bug being looked into?

Posted by: Dinudur.6358

Dinudur.6358

INCIDENT: #121026-002011

I tried PayPal and direct credit card and error’ed out on both ends. Unknowingly, I did the credit card transactions twice with a failure response but the transaction went through and I did not receive ANY of the gems requested. I only wanted one transaction, not the double whammy All relevant information is detailed in the incident report.

Cheers.

Posted by: Vartal.8453

Vartal.8453

Hey, I bought the devil horns and the mad king armor, my gems were definetly debited, but when I went to my mail, there was nothing there. I even tried logging into my alts and they still werent there.

Posted by: Stunzeed.4918

Stunzeed.4918

It seems that if you made “x” amount of purchases, you will get flagged. Once you do, don’t expect to buy anything in the near future unless u send a ticket per each time u wanna buy something and apparently they will make a 24 lift on your account. Although multiple emails back and forth, they never once mentioned that to me. What was said to me was basically after spending “x”, you must now wait “x” amount of days till you can buy gems again. And no, thats not just cards that includes paypal too. So I like many others have been put on the shelf till their system “feels” it’s the right time to let me/others purchase again. The purpose of this post is to make people aware who may have similar issue as me.

(edited by Stunzeed.4918)

Posted by: Morpheis.2356

Morpheis.2356

Incident# 121027-001222

Card approval failed.

Nothing has managed to piss of me off at ANet quite like this. I want to spend my money when I want to spend my money, however much of it I wish to spend. When your automated system decides to block my NORMAL purchases for 24 hours I get quite aggravated (especially during a limited time event). This was not an issue a week ago, please get this crap fixed.

P.S. Also I called my bank to make sure and they are not blocking/rejecting/declining any of my transactions with NCsoft.

Stormbluff Isle
Shining Force [SF]
www.shiningforce.net

(edited by Morpheis.2356)

Posted by: Areznaroque.6124

Areznaroque.6124

Hi Gaile,

Like the others I’m trying to buy Gems with either Credit Card or Paypal and it’s just not going through. My support ticket number is #121027-001226.

Thanks a bunch~ I hope there’s no 24 hour ban but I guess it’ll be better than nothing… I know there’s a whole bunch of these, but I hope you can help!

Posted by: Eurion Crows Eye.6107

Eurion Crows Eye.6107

Same boat Ticket number -121027-001236

Just want to purchase some more gems for the holiday event. Seems silly that Arenanet won’t take money that I want to give them…..

Posted by: Tom.8142

Tom.8142

i can’t buy the gem from yesteterday, the error is"card approval failed"

Posted by: Heiliger.8625

Heiliger.8625

I am having the same issue with buying Gems with my Credit Card. It keeps asking to confirm my identity even though I just recently bought gems(2-3 days ago).

Ticket #: 121027-002200

We will only truly give up when we lose the will to fight for the future. Long live Tyria!

Posted by: vaerlyn.7419

vaerlyn.7419

I am also experiencing this issue, it has been going on since the evening of the 24th. I get the same “card approval failed message”. This is very frustrating with a limited time event such as this.

121025-002129

Posted by: Pandora.7981

Pandora.7981

I’ve been repeatedly experiencing this lately,
resolved only for awhile, and it surfaces again:

Ticket: 121027-002846

Thank you for helping out Gaile.