FAQ: Gem Store / BLTC / Trading Post

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Tiny Terror.6752

Tiny Terror.6752

Do you already have 10 (non-NPC) mail in your inbox?

Nope.

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Nope my mail is completely empty.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

Tried buying stuff from TP, looks like it’s all wonky at the moment, eating money and not giving anything. Other people are reporting the same thing as well (I’m on Stormbluff). Since I just used maybe a silver at most, I’m gonna write it off as a loss, but you two will probably want to put in support tickets.

Posted by: Flukeshot.4632

Flukeshot.4632

i bought 40 omnomberry bars in the ah and it took my gold but the items never showed up

Flukeshot
gates of maddness
Havok Reaper

Posted by: Meijo.7415

Meijo.7415

They announced the TP is having problems on their FB page and they are looking into fixing it.

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

I brought the total make over kit and never got a mail.

Regards

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Posted by: DJRiful.3749

DJRiful.3749

Same thing just happened here! I didn’t get anything from Mail. My Mail is completely empty 0/10 mail.

350 gems are GONE for NOTHING!

Stormïe ~ Tarnished Coast | My little monster <3 – http://valid.canardpc.com/6nbdeq

Posted by: nawrasz.6219

nawrasz.6219

Mailbox wasn’t full, checked mail. Deleted any NPC mail just to make sure. Relogged, ported out of overflow to see if that was the problem.

So…am I going to still be getting this thing or did I just lose the 4g and have to buy a new one?

Tiny Terror.6752

They announced the TP is having problems on their FB page and they are looking into fixing it.

That’s great and all but what about our items/gold. Last time this happened myself and a few friends never got their stuff back. I hope they can reroll or something.

Tiny Terror.6752

No one knows. It’s happening on every server and overflow.

Posted by: Bassanium.6314

Bassanium.6314

Regards

I’m having the same problem.

Posted by: DJRiful.3749

DJRiful.3749

Why they announce on Facebook? I don’t even have Facebook or use it at all. I absolutely hate Facebook.

GW2 Forums should be the official one first.

Stormïe ~ Tarnished Coast | My little monster <3 – http://valid.canardpc.com/6nbdeq

Posted by: anowyn.6813

anowyn.6813

[incident #121127-002497]
After numerous attempts I bought 800 gems for $10 USD. After that went through, I purchased one Total Makeover Kit, bringing my gem total to 450. However, it’s been over a half hour now and I have not received the Makeover Kit in my mail. I have plenty of space in my mail box and even deleted a few mails because I read that would “fix” it, to no avail. I’ve restarted the client multiple times. Nothing. Where did it go? Is this something that can be fixed?

Attached is a screenshot showing my inbox, inventory, and Trading Post (with proof of purchase) – yet there is no Makeover Kit. I do hope this can be resolved.
Also just in case you need it:

Character : Nerys Velaryon, 80 Elementalist
Server : Fort Aspenwood
Gem Purchase Method: Visa CC

Attachments:

(edited by anowyn.6813)

Posted by: Xalugami.2096

Xalugami.2096

Regards

Same here too; Feels terrible that I spent real money and never received the item.

Posted by: Leira.9702

Leira.9702

Full inbox in the mail 10/10 letters already there? Delte those – bam you get your items

Posted by: Plaxy.4617

Plaxy.4617

Actually there seems to be a problem with the Trade Post(auctioun house, ah, TP, BL). and this has nothing to do with the mail box being full or not.

Posted by: Leira.9702

Leira.9702

Oh! Is see. This is new Thanks for that info ^^

Posted by: Meijo.7415

Meijo.7415

Why they announce on Facebook? I don’t even have Facebook or use it at all. I absolutely hate Facebook.

GW2 Forums should be the official one first.

I don’t know why they would put it there first. Maybe ask them but I doubt you will get an answer lol.

Posted by: shockwave.1764

shockwave.1764

“Please check your card details and try again. If you continue to get this message, please contact support.””

Is this due to what everyone’s been kittening about today or is this another issue as I’ve only seen problems with receiving items and not rejecting CCs.

Shóckwávé 80 Elementalist, Shawk 80 Guardian,
Aolbjorn 80 Engineer | Rank 29
Staunch Evon Supporter

Posted by: Talon Silverhawk.3574

Talon Silverhawk.3574

I now have this issue logged it through the in game bug reporter. Wont let me buy Gems tells me approval has been refused, nothing wrong with card, funds in account.

Case number #121128-002438

(edited by Talon Silverhawk.3574)

Posted by: Rafiel.5936

Rafiel.5936

Hey guys,

I just got an email with an analysis and a work-around on one of the Gem Store purchase issues, where you try to buy and cannot click “next” to complete the purchase. Granted, this doesn’t solve every issue, but it’s a step forward and I want to share this work-around:

What is happening is that the “next” button on the final screen does not get enabled after filling out their billing information. What seems to be happening is the form does not recognize that the customer has entered all the information into the form and in turn, they cannot complete their purchase. If the customer simply “tabs out” of that last field (for the card’s expiration date), they are able to click next and confirm the purchase on the following page.

I wanted to post this right away, and I’m hoping that someone will let me know if this suggestion does work for them. We have a “bug” listed for this, but I’m super curious about whether this work-around is effective.

Thanks for any info you can provide on this!

Yes, it works. I found that bug while trying to figure out why I couldn’t buy anything. Unfortunately, that is not the bug preventing me from purchasing anything. It’s the lack of a “confirm” button on the NEXT page after that. Very frustrating. I tried buying gems over the black Friday sale (3 days running) and got nowhere.

~holds up handful of money~ I want to give it to you, I REALLY do. But.. you just aren’t making it easy to do!

:)

I’m having this same problem. I can get through the information page, but the following page titled “Review Your Order” seems to be bugged.

It tells me “You’re Buying” on the left, but the gem order isn’t listed. Then it has “Payment Method” on the right with the credit card listed under. Finally the confirm button is grayed out.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

We had a maintenance:

Billing Maintenance: 28th Nov 5:00AM PDT (13:00 GMT)
We will be taking down the commerce system for maintenance at 5:00 AM PDT (13:00 GMT) on November 28th for 3 hours.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Billing-Maintenance-28th-Nov-5-00AM-PDT-13-00-GMT/

But I don’t think that applies to this situation, as the hours don’t seem to align. I think you should contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page. They will be able to assist you.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

An internal email yesterday stated that there was sometimes a few hours’ delay between the time of purchase and the arrival of the kit. I’m sorry that it took so long, but I imagine that you all received your kits by now.

If not, I encourage you to contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

The kits were taking some time (occasionally a few hours) to arrive but I believe all were delivered by last evening. Please contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page if you still have issues.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I believe this was resolved a few hours after you made this post. If that’s not the case, please contact Support.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: JHall.4295

JHall.4295

Card approval failed for me. Nothing wrong with my card. Paypal isn’t working either. I opened up a ticket and it was suggested to me to lower security or try another browser, but that didn’t work. And it still doesn’t explain why my credit card isn’t working in game.

Incident 121123-001705

Posted by: fritselman.5764

fritselman.5764

hey, I bought an instant repair canister yesterday and didnt receive it. I thaught i had done something wrong but when i bought 5 zomoros stones today and didnt receieve them I figured I would probably let you guys know so this can be fixed.
By the way according to the Blacklion page I have purchased them…

Thanks

Posted by: Rafiel.5936

Rafiel.5936

This post is in response to my previous post. I was able to successfully get around the bug I posted a few posts ago.

In the page where you need to put all your credit card information, there is a button to change your order. I changed the order to an order that I did not want. Then I changed it back to the order I wanted. At this point I clicked next.

The “Review Your Order” page correctly displayed my order now. Everything seems to work after this.

Posted by: amberlin.5124

amberlin.5124

Gem Cards I purchased from BestBuy are not redeeming.

I submitted ticket: 121130-000602

[edit – now the entire Black Lion Trading Company interface is down – ERROR: invalid authorization]

[edit 2 – UPDATE: following the fix of TP my codes (as reported in the ticket) have now been authorized and I’ve been credited with 2000×2 gems. —ISSUE RESOLVED]

(edited by amberlin.5124)

Posted by: Valhalla.5620

Valhalla.5620

It has been few days now and I still can’t buy your kitten gems. What’s wrong with you and the support?

121116-002679

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Hello,

Recently I tried to purchase 1600 gems using my credit card, but I received this error message after I input all the information and pressed “confirm”

What’s the problem? If anyone could help me with this issue, it would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments:

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

It has been few days now and I still can’t buy your kitten gems. What’s wrong with you and the support?

121116-002679

As the team has responded a couple of times, your purchases were declined by your bank. Therefore we are not able to fulfill your purchase requests. You might consider purchasing gem cards at a retail store and adding gems to your account in that manner. Unfortunately, it does not appear that we can accept the credit card you’ve been attempting to use.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Gem Cards I purchased from BestBuy are not redeeming.

I submitted ticket: 121130-000602

[edit – now the entire Black Lion Trading Company interface is down – ERROR: invalid authorization]

[edit 2 – UPDATE: following the fix of TP my codes (as reported in the ticket) have now been authorized and I’ve been credited with 2000×2 gems. —ISSUE RESOLVED]

Thank you SO much for updating to let us know that the issue was resolved. Many times it’s unclear if something is OK, and looking into the matter takes time away from other issues that are still a problem. Thank you again for updating!! <3

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

This post is in response to my previous post. I was able to successfully get around the bug I posted a few posts ago.

In the page where you need to put all your credit card information, there is a button to change your order. I changed the order to an order that I did not want. Then I changed it back to the order I wanted. At this point I clicked next.

The “Review Your Order” page correctly displayed my order now. Everything seems to work after this.

Good to hear the “work around” is functional, even if a bit awkward. Our team is aware of the issue and I’m sure they’ll be working on the functionality issues to make the purchase process a bit smoother for everyone.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Hello,

Recently I tried to purchase 1600 gems using my credit card, but I received this error message after I input all the information and pressed “confirm”

What’s the problem? If anyone could help me with this issue, it would be greatly appreciated!

Hi there. What region are you in? And when did you attempt to purchase? Thanks for this report — the team is on the case!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Ursan.7846

Hello,

Hi there. What region are you in? And when did you attempt to purchase? Thanks for this report — the team is on the case!

I’m based in California. I am on server Crystal Desert. I attempted to make this purchase earlier this morning at 3 am. It’s also my first attempt at purchasing gems, if it matters.

Thanks!

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Hello,

Hey there. We’ve looked into this and we’re not seeing a general problem. Have you tried again? Did it work ok later? Thanks for any update you can give us!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

121116-002679

As the team has responded a couple of times, your purchases were declined by your bank. Therefore we are not able to fulfill your purchase requests. You might consider purchasing gem cards at a retail store and adding gems to your account in that manner. Unfortunately, it does not appear that we can accept the credit card you’ve been attempting to use.

I just checked on your ticket and I think you’re ok to go now! Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Ursan.7846

Hello,

Hey there. We’ve looked into this and we’re not seeing a general problem. Have you tried again? Did it work ok later? Thanks for any update you can give us!

Hello Gaile,

I attempted it twice last night (or this morning I suppose.) I am on a night shift so I won’t be able to go back until very late, but when I do I will try again and edit this post with the results.

Thanks again.

EDIT: I have tried again, and it worked like a charm. Thank you!

(edited by Ursan.7846)

Posted by: Redaphile.2506

Redaphile.2506

I am trying to purchase gems with a prepaid mastercard, but it keeps giving me the same error. I have had this before and they said that they had to override my purchase restriction for 48 hours. After that it worked. I am trying to buy gems again and it is keep giving me the same check card details error. My ticket has been out for a few days and we have exchanged some info and questions and they say they would escalate it but nothing has happened. Whatever they did last time worked.
My ticket is 121129-000304 and want to get this resolved quickly before gems go down.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated – Redaphile.2506

Posted by: sderoche.5024

sderoche.5024

Hi…I love the idea of being able to change appearance and gender from the gem store…however, I would like to know if it is possible to change my name. I changed my mesmer from female to male and now he`s this strapping young lad with a girl`s name! Help!

Posted by: Varakdon.7489

Varakdon.7489

edit worked sry

Posted by: CattyV.2715

CattyV.2715

I submitted a ticket #121202-000974 when i try to buy gems i get the message that i have to contact support to confirm my identity. I bought already diamonds in the past but now i can’t because i get always this message. Thank you for your help .
Edit: Issue Resolved thank you for help

(edited by CattyV.2715)

Posted by: HyprDmg.7642

HyprDmg.7642

Bought some gems on Monday with no issues, after that I have been unable to buy any…

121130-000982

Posted by: Docoloth.1086

Docoloth.1086

Hi,

I have been interested in purchasing gems for a while. However, whenever I try to order gems, I get the following error (see screen shot):

In anticipation of the regional question, I am currently working in Shanghai, China and attempting to purchase with my American Credit Card. All the information is correct and the card is in good standing.

Is there any way for me to purchase gems digitally? Retail cards are inconvenient.

Best,

Doco

Attachments:

(edited by Docoloth.1086)

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

exact same issue. tried to use my card multiple times over the weeks, but nothing ever succeeded. I have submitted a support ticket before, but I never got a response.

my current ticket number is #121203-000122. I did recently move and update my billing address, but this should have no effect on this. I tried weeks before I moved and it didn’t work then either.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Vilgefortz.4581

Vilgefortz.4581

suppot ticket number 121203-001180
Both cards are noy working, paypal is not working. I checked with bothbanks and its not their isuue.
I also purchased cards but tey cant be redeemed. All that happened around 2 weeks ago when i bought 12000 gems in the store/( had to buy lots of things

Please solve this for me

Attachments:

Posted by: rhysisgrant.3406

rhysisgrant.3406

incident # 121203-001954

I just bought a 15 dollar 1,200 gem card from gamestop and I can’t redeem the code, every time I try to enter the game says to code is invalid. Can this be fixed, don’t tell me I just wasted 15 dollars?

Attachments:

Posted by: Sedeena.2863

Sedeena.2863

Ticket number – 121204-000752
I am getting seriously agitated with this. I have bought gems before successfully and now for some reason I cannot purchase any. I had this problem before and was told that my account was locked for some unknown reason. The person I talked to “fixed it for the day” or I’m assuming temporarily gave me rights to spend my money? He also told me to wait at least a few days before I try again. It’s been some time now, tried again, and now I am getting the same failure notice. I sent in a support ticket but it seems the support team is… busy, I’ll go with that. I decided I would post something here, in hopes that I will get a quicker response than I did with my last two tickets. Please help me get this resolved before gem prices change. Thank you.

(edited by Sedeena.2863)

Posted by: Fatal.2815

Fatal.2815

121204-001679

Cant buy gems using card that already worked for me twice to do it.

Support answer was to check the bank that actually has nothing to do with it as it recognised no payments.

Amazing Fatal | [VoTF]
http://www.votf-online.net
My mesmer video -http://tinyurl.com/pele5bm