Launcher Issues [merged]

Launcher Issues [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: rohan king of gods.4238

rohan king of gods.4238

Yea my guild wars 2 is still not working. I got tech support to help me and tired some of the steps .But still not working. I am burn out and tired of trying steps. I will wait for a fix to my guild wars 2 game. However I want to add I rebooted my computer clicked my guild wars 2 game right away and it worked even tested out some of the new guild wars 2 features but then it crashed again. The game crashes or freezes at up load screen.

(edited by rohan king of gods.4238)

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Enigma.6089

Enigma.6089

I’m having a very similar issue as well.

I click on Guild Wars 2 and the patcher opens, its gets through “initializing…” and my log in information appears in the correct way however this is as far as I am able to get. The patcher seems to crash at this point and I am unable to interact with it in any way and I cant close it either by pressing the cross in the corner, I have to right click the box and close it that way. I run windows 7.

The patcher did crash while updating but the patcher crashes EVERY time I update GW2 so that has never been a cause for concern as it normally works fine after that.

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: rohan king of gods.4238

rohan king of gods.4238

hope fully there will be a fix by noon today want to my daily please =)

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Zeral.8249

Zeral.8249

This seemed to work on Windows 8.1 (latest updates): disabling “Automatically detect settings” in the Network > Proxy control panel.

Not sure if this was just coincidence, or something else was fixed. Perhaps the new launcher is more sensitive to network issues / crappy proxy detection? I had previously tried basically everything everybody else had in this thread (repair, run as admin, disable firewall/av, uninstall/attempt to reinstall).

It’s a simple setting to test out, so it might be worth a shot.

YMMV.

Windows 8.1, this worked for me, thank you.

How do I get to where those setting are? i see alot of positive responces

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Spook.5847

Spook.5847

I was finally able to get my Win XP 64 computer working by copying over the GW2 file from another comp (Win 7) that was not having any problems running the game.

Launcher Issues [merged]

Zeral.8249

never mind, found it, but it’s only helped a little bit, I can now attempt to login…but it still crashes.

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: kantochampionred.9456

kantochampionred.9456

I took 2 days off work to play through this patch and there isn’t a fix yet.. I want to play :/

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: RobinOh.5207

RobinOh.5207

Hi,

“Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings”

don’t work. So the same problem.

Use Windows 7 prof. 64bit with a local IP address (192.168.×.x) in our Intranet.

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Nurgle.6597

Nurgle.6597

launcher completely non responsive since patch

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Karel.5968

Karel.5968

Having the same problem. How do I fix this, Arenanet? I REALLY want to play the new patch. Hoping you’ll respond very soon.

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Lithoniel.1278

Lithoniel.1278

Posting only to state that I run Windows 8.1. Launchers crashed for me and CoherentUI was not running in Processes.

Shortcut command prompt fixed the issue temporarily, allowing me to return to game. Turning off automatic detection as per instructions of:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/CoherentUI-Anti-Freeze

Solved the issue. Granted, launcher does not remember my password even when prompted to.

this specific thing they mentioned helped me fix mine but instead of turning off Automatically detect settings (because it was already off) for some reason my Use automatic configuration script was on so i turned it off and GW2 works again WOOT!

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: fulvio.9475

fulvio.9475

Same problem here!

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Ouisauce.3896

Ouisauce.3896

Ok guys i need help ! i did everything mentioned in that thread, last i was able to play with the -email -pw -nopatchui but i got dc for some reason and now not able anymore to get on the game by that short cut, so i tried to go for the LAN seeting who was already turn at off… My scrip is on but when i turn it of it just ask me to press OK not APPLY. So idk if its the reason, i dont know anymore what to do so i hope we will have a fix for this cause its made 2 days right now that im waiting….

disapointed client !! DO SOMETHINGG

Launcher Issues [merged]

Ouisauce.3896

Can anyone help me, im realy bad with computer i dont know what to do ! I can let you come on my Team Speak 3 so you can help me with Vocal…. if someone think he can help me, let me know here i will give you the TS

Launcher Issues [merged]

Ouisauce.3896

like i dont even care me about ttrading post lol i just wanna play

Launcher Issues [merged]

Ouisauce.3896

??????????????

Launcher Issues [merged]

Ouisauce.3896

Im litterally gonna spam here till ONE nice guy help me !

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: jway.8293

jway.8293

My situation was:

• The gw2 Launcher got stuck at “Initializing…” screen.

Cause:

• My COMODO Firewall was blocking the “CoherentUI_Host.exe” from accessing the Internet. (it got “sandboxed”)

Solution:

• Add that file to Trusted in my COMODO firewall. now my gw2 works fine.
  • Note: I also added that .exe file to trusted in win7’s firewall.

Suggestion to Anet:

• At least showing error messages in Launcher saying something like: “Error connecting to the Internet, please make sure your firewall grants Internet access for gw2.exe and CoherentUI_Host.exe”

System:
Win7 64 bit

(edited by jway.8293)

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Patinka.1906

Patinka.1906

I have the same problem with the client.
I get every time crash when I want to log in on my character, the map is loading and after that I get crash…..
What is wrong…. everything was Ok before the patch, now I can’t even play….

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Nate Shuuya.9586

Nate Shuuya.9586

i don’t use a proxy server and I can’t find that option. SO it’s still not working. I hooked it up through Ethernet and still nothing. now my client won’t even entirely load. this is the second day of this, which is complete bullkitten. ArenaNet you need to do something. I am getting kittened. I waited all yesterday and you didn’t do anything so you better do something today before I uninstall the game all together. you guys are really lacking in a lot of areas such as mounts and housing, and even crafting, so frankly, get this fixed by today or I and many others may never come back.

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Exelord.7293

Exelord.7293

The -email -password -nopatchui shortcut used to work for me, but that is no longer the case and I am no longer able to play.

Im litterally gonna spam here till ONE nice guy help me !

I should sadly inform you that this is not something that will make people want to help you. The truth of the matter is that we’re all trying to figure out what’s wrong and find ways to play until ANet gets back to us with a concrete solution.

Some people here have found workarounds; these are temporary solutions that have absolutely no guarantee to be of any help whatsoever. If nothing here works (as is my case), then your only option is to wait until a new solution is presented. Hopefully, we’ll receive feedback from ANet and things will return to how they should be.

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: caw.7964

caw.7964

I solved the problem by deleting this script:

file://C:\Program Files (x86)\SmarterPower\bin\Pac9064.js

As it was the script for the Auto detect network settings. I couldn’t for some reason uncheck the box as everybody says so i deleted the script.

(windows 8.1)

Hope you get it all working!

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: phystic.9567

phystic.9567

The launcher downloads, commences initialization, but the subsequent window that “launches” has no body but only an invisible top bar that may only be seen when it is minimized or maximized. Tech support should investigate the new method of drawing windows and revert to the old method.

new isnt ALWAYS better (Windows 7)

(edited by phystic.9567)

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Vyr.8569

Vyr.8569

Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings
Make sure “Automatically detect settings” is UNchecked
That fixed it for me as well, thx!

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: CrimsonRipper.5087

CrimsonRipper.5087

I am still waiting on a solution to this broken as hell launcher. I can’t even install the game now. There is something wrong with your launcher that is preventing it from running properly. It constantly gets stuck at certain screens at one point or another.

I tried running a diagnostic and everything seems fine connection wise, so my only assumption is that your launcher is broken and will not function.

I am currently attempting to run the client on Windows 7 64-bit.

EDIT

That fixed it for me as well, thx!

I unchecked Run Automatic Configuration Scripts, and that fixed my installer issue. Don’t know what the patch will do after that.

(edited by CrimsonRipper.5087)

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Vyr.8569

Vyr.8569

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: fulvio.9475

fulvio.9475

Dont’ work for me!

Launcher Issues [merged]

Zeral.8249

Same, nothing’s worked for me so far.

In detail, I open my client in admin.
It opens the starting phase (Initiating / 0kb/0kb) etc.
then dissappears.

And then either it’ll stay invisible or open up the launcher, with missing text and it’s frozen. and uncloseable unless I right click the bar at the bottom. (Windows 8. )

I went to try the LAN settings business, but it was already unchecked so…

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Squirty.9046

Squirty.9046

been more than 24 hrs now and still like this… no other work arounds that i can think of… already exhausted everything i knew as a tech support.
Crash <—*
Assertion: Timed out while creating browser context
File: ..\..\..\Engine\ArenaWeb\AwCohContext.cpp(128)
App: Gw2.exe
Pid: 3856
Cmdline:
BaseAddr: 01390000
ProgramId: 101
Build: 38620
When: 2014-09-10T19:18:49Z 2014-09-11T03:18:49+08:00
Uptime: 0 days 0:00:41
Flags: 0

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: RobinOh.5207

RobinOh.5207

Hi – arghhh!

OK, please excuse me first my not perfect English language. But I found out this:

Now my Launcher starts normal after I have disabled the checkbox “start the game automaticly”, closed the Launcher, started it again, then I have clicked manual the button “account login” and wait some seconds.

Then the button “play” will be able to start the game. Clicked it and GW2 started normaly.

“Men, men … :-)”

(edited by RobinOh.5207)

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: frymaster.4721

frymaster.4721

My symptoms seem similar to at least a subset of people here, the launcher updates itself then when it gets to the username/password/autoplay screen it becomes unresponsive. Sometimes not all the UI “furniture” appears on that screen

I use a proxy configuration script (this is so only a very small amount of things actually go through the proxy) – if I disable that (internet options → connections → LAN → untick “use automatic configuration script”) then I can launch gw2. But I don’t want to do that long-term

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: IXJac.4197

IXJac.4197

I have the same issue as above, where the game updates, but the launcher becomes completely unresponsive and leaves me unable to enter my password or click the launch button.

I have managed a workaround by editing a GW2.exe shortcut file with “C:\. . .\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe” -email email@here.com -password “P@ssword G0es H3re” -nopatchui

This allows me to enter the game, although it also seems to disable the Trading Post, so it’s a short term solution.

Kitten of Rall

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Peets.8529

Peets.8529

download it from the site and it worked for me.

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Felloz.1204

Felloz.1204

hello,
i’m having the same issue. i wanna reinstall it, but i can’t even download it from the site. the log in screen is just missing. i can see it in my task bar, but when i click it, nothing appears. it was working fine before the patch. don’t know what to do. please help. thank you.

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: jesterchaos.5907

jesterchaos.5907

Been over 24 hours still cant install and so far silence from anet. Just a response as to the tune we are looking into it would be nice.

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: mobtek.3075

mobtek.3075

http://imgur.com/V6IeMx1

it’s baaaaaaaaack! This is the new build that is available right now

The program Gw2.exe version 1.0.0.1 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
Process ID: 1770
Start Time: 01cfcd50bc31a79f
Termination Time: 4294967295
Application Path: C:\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe
Report Id: 025ce894-3944-11e4-825e-1040f3e76b35
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

(edited by mobtek.3075)

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Squirty.9046

Squirty.9046

aaargh, im tired troubleshooting this game…i submit for today but tom will be a new day for me.
thank u anet for finding a solution for less than 48hrs and hopefully u guys find ur ways fixing this.
to be honest this new patch created a mass destruction of depression for those who play after work.(that includes me)

i guess u need to release a patch that will fix the coherentui that will eliminate incompatibility issues.

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: mobtek.3075

mobtek.3075

okay it’s working now without making any changes my side sigh

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: ralphy.4708

ralphy.4708

Reinstalled it,client freezes(everytime), now i cant even download the game.

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Zajinn Matuin.8732

Zajinn Matuin.8732

I just wanted to add to my previous problem…

I’ve now gone back and forth with tech support over the past 24 hours with no solution.

The -email -password -nopatchui used to work for me, but after today’s hotfix, it no longer does.

I am sure you are working on it Anet, but we would definitely appreciate you at least acknowledging how widespread this is and that you are working on a solution. As a player with almost 5000 hours since the game was released, it is very disconcerting that we have not yet found a real solution to this issue, and it is making me seriously consider looking into getting a life. That is a dangerous step, and one I don’t want to take. HELP ME! >:P

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: DirtyT.5129

DirtyT.5129

hola

If the following applies to you:

->Launch Guild Wars 2 -> Launcher begins to update – > Then freezes

Try – Start -> Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Connections -> LAN settings -> CHECK Automatically detect settings.

This worked for me.

*It might also be worthy to attempt to delete the Local.DAT file.. As always, back this up just in case!

To locate the file:

Start->RUN-> Type into the pane(With out quotations) -> “%appdata %” and press enter. -> Double click the folder ROAMING and the find the folder called Guild Wars 2. Open the folder and delete the Local.Dat file *After making a copy of it.

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Nurgle.6597

Nurgle.6597

still not working

Attachments:

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Nasser.5703

Nasser.5703

When I run my client it crashes instantly. It doesn’t even display the client. Goes straight to the error message.

—> Crash <—
Assertion: g_alphaBlendTable[alpha][value] == (value * alpha + 0×8) / 0xf
File: ..\..\..\Engine\Gr\Img\ImgAlpha.cpp(626)
App: Gw2.exe
Pid: 4008
Cmdline:
BaseAddr: 000B0000
When: 2014-09-11T07:19:07Z
Uptime: 0 days 0:00:00
Flags: 0

EDIT: I can’t even uninstall without this message popping up. Wtf.

(edited by Nasser.5703)

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Nasser.5703

Nasser.5703

I can’t reinstall or anything at all. This is ridiculous.

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Ellis.7190

Ellis.7190

I tried to log in, but my launcher kept “freezing”. So I tried to install GW 2 again, but that failed too … Now the installer launcher also keeps freezing. Mèèèhhh …
So I have the same problem as you guys! I hope the solution comes soon …

Oh and the “Automatically detect settings” didn’t work for me either …

(edited by Ellis.7190)

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

imo, ArenaNet should hotfix CoherentUI out of the launcher ASAP as a temporary solution. I had a friend complain to me today about not being able to login since the patch. Being a casual player, she has never visited the forums, probably doesn’t know how to contact support and probably would have waited days for the problem to fix itself.

I can only imagine how many other people out there are in the same situation.

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: wargasm.4081

wargasm.4081

still have the same problem, come on Anet give us a clue

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: WildMonkey.6927

WildMonkey.6927

WTF? Arenanet STILL hasn’t found a fix for us?.. This is an absolute travesty. WHY aren’t you helping us??? And why are me and tons of other people having this problem, this new update has been a real big drag. Why do WE have to change anything to make the game play? :/ I’ve done evrything recommended in all pages of this forum so far. STILL doesn’t work for me. That’s pretty bad..

Sorry if this post is so negative, but i REALLY love this game and i seriously want to try out the new patch. But i am completely locked out of this game for some odd reason.

(edited by WildMonkey.6927)

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: AsteroPe.1869

AsteroPe.1869

same there…

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: HungInc.1864

HungInc.1864

My TP doesn’t load. Is there a fix to this?