Linking Issues/Questions [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Peachie.1532

Peachie.1532

First of all, I must apologize for making such an error .. it is my first mmo and my friend got me really interested into the game.

I would like to start by elaborating my situation.

I bought a $60 pre-purchase serial code from retail store called MemoryExpress. Then I created my account using that code. I went on to play with my friends for the first week and reached level 51(not that it matters). I went back to the store to pick up my standard copy and was confused that I received another serial code. This was where I got confused and created another account accidentally through the register.guildwars2.com because I thought I was updating my previous account.
Now that the grace period is over for the pre-purchase serial code I cannot access my account anymore and only have access to this current one which was accidentally created with the standard serial code.
I would really love to be able to play on my original account and had my support ticket made about 2 days ago. If anyone can help me out please contact me through
[email redacted]. Since that account is temporarily closed I wonder if my ticket will be ignored or not ..

Thank you!
[email redacted]

My two tickets using the older email:

120903-011634

120903-003125

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Cheeseypop.3974

Cheeseypop.3974

I’ve been waiting for about 5 days to try and fix my CE code, still nothing.
You might be waiting a while.

Posted by: Echo.7259

Echo.7259

Same exact problem, about 5 days no word yet. I dunno if anyone is doing these, hacked accounts seem to get priority over issues like this from what people on twitter are saying. But I could be wrong.

Posted by: Draven.1695

Draven.1695

Same thing happened to me!! My ticket still hasn’t been answered also. I hope they fix this soon for all of us because I know how frustrating it is to have a character stuck in limbo!!

Peachie.1532

I understand why hacked accounts would get priority but this should really be brought to their attention too
It really wasn’t made clear anywhere that was easily accessible that mentioned for us to update the account with the standard serial code after you received it ..

Posted by: Elnai Organu.5346

Elnai Organu.5346

Same thing happened to me with my CE serial code. Can’t access my account with all my characters, just an account with nothing.

Ticket number: 120903-001233

If any info could be provided on this, I would appreciate it!

EDIT: My issue is the same as Kalua’s below, that my GW1 and 2 credentials did not match and the registration dialogue was unclear.

(edited by Elnai Organu.5346)

Posted by: Echo.7259

Echo.7259

Are these issues getting reviewed at all, has anyone actually had one resolved? It sounds like they are incredibly understaffed, I mean when I do get a response they are nice, usually they only ask for information rather than taking an action, but they don’t seem rude or anything. Just ask a question, then disappear for 4-7 days.

Posted by: Moderator

Please refrain from posting your email address on a public forum.

Peachie.1532

Echo.7259

was it related to this incident? or was it a different ticket on something else?
This really brings me down if the only answer I’ll get to my unanswered ticket would be to ask for more information .. I can provide that in the ticket if I have to to expedite the process such as serial codes +emails and whatnot

Posted by: Kalua.1095

Kalua.1095

I am in the same situation, though because my GW1 credentials differed from GW2 and when asked if I had a “Guild Wars” (not GW2) account I provided GW1 credentials which failed to then link up to my GW2 pre-purchase account despite later in the form using the common e-mail address associated to GW2 (which I thought must be how they’d link the accounts up).

I received and applied my box code on Friday and have been waiting for a reply since.
Ticket: 120901-002179

I’d appreciate any attention forum support staff can give to mine and all of these types of tickets. Thank you.

Posted by: Raouwel.4876

Raouwel.4876

Same problem started a new character on new account and really hopping they can merge the accounts for us all.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Posts about issues related to linking accounts, or making an error in linking and needing assistance, should be posted here.

Please understand that we’re focusing mostly on account reinstatements for those who were innocent victims of account hacks, but the team will get you the help you need.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: painkiller.4738

painkiller.4738

I opened ticket number 120830-007345 on August 30th because my retail serial number linked to the wrong account. It has been 6 days and I have heard nothing. I am unable to log on to the actual account to use this forum, but this is the account that the serial number applied to. Please get back to me as soon as you can.

Posted by: Cheeseypop.3974

Cheeseypop.3974

If support get here my ticket number is 120829-013465.

painkiller.4738

I have the exact same problem. I’ve been waiting 6 days with nothing. Hacked accounts are bad, but fixing the accounts of people who pre-ordered and did nothing wrong should be the priority. ticket number 120830-007345

Posted by: Inviction.2945

Inviction.2945

I also have this problem and I’ve been waiting 4 days for help.

Posted by: david.5317

david.5317

I had the same problem, would like for my accounts to be merged, or at least the serial number to be moved from one to the other.

If support get here my ticket number is 120901-030262

obnixilis.9632 #120901-030262

Posted by: Inviction.2945

Inviction.2945

I am soooo glad I’m not the only one this happened to. I’ve been waiting 4 days now with no reply. I really hope we can get some attention to this problem here. My ticket number is: 120901-009025

Posted by: ReMix.4321

ReMix.4321

I had no such problem was you guys had but it must be pretty annoying

RemixBreaker-GH
[MM]Midnight Mayhem

Posted by: Diogo Augusto.6904

Diogo Augusto.6904

Same problem here. But I sent my ticket 10 days ago and still dont have an answer.

Posted by: Katsuma.4782

Katsuma.4782

i prepurchased the game n they gave me this code: [redacted], and when i received the game this is the code i was given in the box: [redacted], its telling me tehre is already an acount with that which should be im possible unless one of my friends or something which i hope wasnt the case got into my box before i did…

the fact is i bought the game n i did the prerelease part of if and now i cant play. please respond promptly i really wanna play my character called katsumasama lvl 5 warrior thanks in advance.

i had to go back to the retailer to buy another code i have been playing mmo’s since 2008 n this is the worst customer service ive ever received i hope i can be re enbursed or soemthign for my previous code for a game i already bought but because of lack of service waitign for 5 days i had to buy a new code which is:

[redacted], agian very disapointed at lack of customer service i hope you guys can compensate or resolve this issue now that i had to buy the game twice….

thank you and have a great day….

Support Account Creation
120904-002185
Updated
09/03/2012
im still waiting for help its been 24 hrs…..for serial code help….
120902-002180
Updated
09/01/2012
account issues with serial code
120901-000697
Unresolved

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Elnai Organu.5346

Elnai Organu.5346

Katsuma, you may want to delete your serial code from that post (you don’t want to post that publicly) but keep your Support ticket codes up.

Posted by: Roxy.7261

Roxy.7261

@Katsuma: You should remove the serial code from your post.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those
who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.

Posted by: Moderator

Do not post your game codes, email address or other private information on the forums. Anybody can view these forums, please keep yourself safe by keeping private information private.

Posted by: Katsuma.4782

Katsuma.4782

sry didnt know wont happen again

Posted by: Raven Trapt.6803

Raven Trapt.6803

Same problem. Got the headstart access and my heroes band and my reserved charCter names, but no other bonuses. 5 days after launch my account kep getting error 9 and on a whim I tried my original guild wars account (which is supposed to be linked to my new account) and it let me log in and I had my pre order stuff too ( but nO hall of monument stuff). I would really like to be able to play the characters with my reserved names and that I have already spent almost 30 hours on.

painkiller.4738

And now I can’t even log onto that account to see my tickets in the support station. Please get the live chat up or anything so that we can see that progress is being made. So far it seems like you are brushing us off…

Posted by: Noxide.6427

Noxide.6427

Also have this problem lvl 80 on an account and now can’t play on that account but can on an email with nothing on it. Even purchased some gems on that account so have multiple paypal transactions if needed.

120902-016845

(edited by Noxide.6427)

Posted by: soul.4053

soul.4053

Had been contacted by support asking for information regarding my GW1 account to correctly link the account to my GW2 account when it had automatically linked the wrong account for me on the first day of launch. It’s been days since I’ve replied to that email providing all the information I was able to, and still have not received any further information on the situation.

Hoping this issue can be resolved soon

Posted by: david.5317

david.5317

I am also having this problem, I’ve been waiting for around 3-4 days.

ticket number 120901-030262

obnixilis.9632 #120901-030262

Posted by: Alexixiv.4582

Alexixiv.4582

Same Issue, my ticket numbers are 120904-008557(original) and 120905-001491(prioritized)

Detailed Description: After registering the serial code I ended up with two accounts. One has the pre-purchase code, all my characters and guild on it (Alexixiv.8125) and the other has the serial code (Alexixiv.4582).

120901-018012 – Serial Key Issue

(edited by Alexixiv.4582)

Posted by: CyanideCapsule.6187

CyanideCapsule.6187

Same here. I opened my ticket on the 26th of August for the same reason. I gave as much info as I could but haven’t had any response since then. : (

painkiller.4738

120830-007345 This is my ticket number. It has been 6 days. Thank you very much for your help.

Posted by: CyanideCapsule.6187

CyanideCapsule.6187

Incident: 120826-013689 since the 26th of August. Thanks

Posted by: UtopianWarrior.9872

UtopianWarrior.9872

Incident # 120831-016567

My GW1 account is linked to the wrong GW2 account, I’m unable to use my own GW1 names because they are reserved for the wrong account.

It’s possible that those names are bugged somehow since all reserved names were supposed to be released for everyone to use after launch day. However even now I get the “it’s a reserved name” (not “already used”) error when trying to create a new character.

Posted by: Elsefyre.1924

Elsefyre.1924

ell ohh ell was my post in here deleted?

edit: lol it was… I highly doubt I didn’t click ‘post reply’

painkiller.4738

Weird bro. I know that feel

Elsefyre.1924

I was told that it was not contributing anything when it was indirectly saying that I’m also suffering this log in abnormality… There’s not a whole lot of difference between it and saying, “I’m also experiencing this”… No profanities…

Posted by: BogOtter.6918

BogOtter.6918

I’ve had two tickets open for days that might be able to be resolved if I can understand what the technical limitations are of the support department.

Like many people, I had trouble when I registered my Collector’s edition serial code. It created a separate account for me. So I no longer have access to the characters I was playing on during the headstart and first week. I have new account where my CE code and HoM rewards are on, but I’ve had to start brand new characters.

I’ve been waiting on the following tickets regarding this situation:

120824-005216
120903-002227

I’d prefer to get my old account back so my reserved names and headstart time wasn’t just a big waste. But if the answer is going to be that support cannot move the CE serial code and HoM link back to my original account, I’d rather just know now so I can give up and start leveling new characters on the new account.

Thank you.

Posted by: Mesmereyz.8061

Mesmereyz.8061

I thought I had linked my NCSoft master account but I think it actually linked my second GW account.
When I signed up I was sure that we were told to link our NCSoft Master Account, I even logged into my NCSoft Master account to do the password stuff… The GW account attached to my NCSoft Master Account is different from my NCSoft Master account email….which regrettably is the same as my second GW account.
How can I link my NCSoft Master Account? I can’t unlink an account that I already have linked….but the second gw account I had was just indulgence…. and I didn’t get The Eye Of The North expansion for that one…
I worked so hard for my HoM rewards and I also wanted to play my reserved names…. I’ve been waiting for 5days with no help or answer.
I thought that they were going to have GW2 running on the launcher…like all the other games.

Ref# 120901-027541

Elsefyre.1924

To add to this is I also purchased 3 additional character slots and have pre-made/customized all characters beforehand w/ unique names (not transferred from GW1) that I would not exchange for anything else… Relevant?

Posted by: Alvin.2731

Alvin.2731

Hi there,

When I went to apply the retail code from Gamestop onto my prepurchase account last week, I accidently clicked "No’ on the Do you have a Guild Wars account? (I thought it referred to guild wars 1)

So since 12:00 A:M on 9/2, I have been unable to play on my proper prepurchase account that already had a level 29 or so warrior from the 3 day head start. I cannot use the retail code again because it says it has already been used.

So right now I have two accounts
Two tickets:
#120904-001179
#120902-005108

thanks again!

painkiller.4738

Also, since my account has been un-usable for 6 days, I am not longer able to log on to the support sight to see or update my tickets. 120830-007345

Alexixiv.4582

Same issue 120901-018012

Alexixiv.4582

Same issue 120901-018012

Posted by: coltpython.1260

coltpython.1260

I accidently activated my retail key to a brand new account, ( coltpython.1260 ) instead of my initial account (to which i activated my pre-order code).

i don’t want to start over my characters/server world/character names. All i want to do is transfer my Retail Key over from this mistakenly created account to my original account.

Ive already created a ticket but its been well over 7 days now with no reply. should take no more than 5 minutes. ive provided proof of everything in my ticket as well.

120903-001353

Thanks in advance!

Daniel

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I accidently activated my retail key to a brand new account, ( coltpython.1260 ) instead of my initial account (to which i activated my pre-order code).

i don’t want to start over my characters/server world/character names. All i want to do is transfer my Retail Key over from this mistakenly created account to my original account.

Ive already created a ticket but its been well over 7 days now with no reply. should take no more than 5 minutes. ive provided proof of everything in my ticket as well.

120903-001353

Thanks in advance!

Daniel

You need to wait for the team to help you fix this issue. Moving to the Linking merged thread.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Radian.7935

Radian.7935

I’m a pre-purchase customer with the exact same problem but one more thing. When I entered the serial code the other day, I typed in my Guild Wars 1 info so my GW 1 got linked to that account. I would rather have my pre-purchase account though.

ticket # 120901-001425

I sent my first email on saturday or so and got a response totally irrelevant to my ticket’s request and then followed up immediately with another email and haven’t got a response since then. I hope I wasn’t forgotten :[

Posted by: Trapiki.3019

Trapiki.3019

When applying my CE Serial code I keep getting the “Serial Code Overlap” error. I submitted a ticket on the 30th and have yet to receive any kind of reply. I view the video on how to stack the serial codes and the SCO issue was briefly mentioned with some vague way of getting around it that confused me to no end. I do not want to have to make a new account and lose both my Hall of Monuments rewards, that I worked for quite hard and my characters that I have become very attached to.

I believe this is the ticket number and i hope this issue is sorted out as soon as possible. 120830-001763

Also there should be a better FAQ entry on this issue, I’ve seen several posts by people in different places that are just as confused as I am.
~Trapiki

Posted by: Qaletaqa Hania.9658

Qaletaqa Hania.9658

I first contacted support on 04/20/2012, the first month anyone was able to make a GW2 account, got a reply saying I should contact support “Closer to launch” and that “Your situation will be fixable”.

Contacted support “Closer to launch” on 08/23/2012, ticket #120824-001881, the last update I got from support was on 08/31/2012 saying:

Hi there,

I wanted to update and let you know that we’re still working to resolve your issue and that we haven’t forgotten about you! We will update you again as soon as we have additional information for you.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Honestly, I’m running out of patience. I’ve essentially been waiting 138 days. And now seeing that other people get priority infuriates me. Hundreds of people, maybe even thousands of people “Cutting in line” is in my honest oppinion, NOT OK.

Hacked accounts getting priority: OK.
People that exploited getting priority: NOT OK.

And I know that people that KNOWINGLY EXPLOITED have been unbanned already after submitting a ticket.