in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Dubious.7403

Dubious.7403

Read the first post in this thread.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Kerobyn.7210

Kerobyn.7210

so whats the fix now? cant find anything usefull after searching for "fash player causing low fps”

Low FPS - [merged]

Dubious.7403

You don’t need to search. Just go to any youtube video, right click on it and choose settings. Then make sure ’Enable hardware acceleration" is unchecked.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Onizuka.3089

Onizuka.3089

no chance for me

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Zakpu.2165

Zakpu.2165

http://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1119

Don’t know found those here, its a bit confusing if you ask me, you’re right those might be GW1 reqs. But why put them in a GW2 supprot page listing the reqs.

These are the system requirements ANet lists, so its not a hardware problem:

Guild Wars Recommended PC Requirements:

Windows® XP/Vista/7
Intel® Pentium® III 1 GHz or equivalent
512 MB RAM
CD-ROM drive (required for installation from physical editions only)
5 GB available hard disk space
ATI® Radeon® 9000 or NVIDIA® GeForce™ 4 Ti Series graphics card with 64MB of VRAM
16-bit sound card
Broadband Internet connection
Keyboard and mouse

This is not the minimum specs for Guild Wars 2, that looks more like the specs for Guild Wars the original game)

the minimum specs for guild wars 2 are:

Minimum System Requirements*

• Due to potential changes, system requirements may change over time, and you may be required to upgrade your current system (or obtain a new system) to continue to play the game.

Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or better
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 or better
2 GB RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800, ATI Radeon™ X1800, Intel HD 3000 or better (256MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)
25 GB available HDD space
Keyboard and mouse

(also remember thats the minimum meaning what your need to run this game on ultra low settings at about 30fps.)

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Adrekan.8265

Adrekan.8265

I understand your frustration but just to reiterate, don’t go spending any money yet man.
From someone who’s been suffering from, studying this issue since the release date the only surefire way of getting good FPS is to own a Desktop Based i7 (read, not a laptop) preferably current generation 3770k or superior.

The powerful i7 is the only thing that people having a good game experience seem to have in common. GPU doesn’t seem to matter to any great extent. RAM is more or less not a factor. The only thing that changes the game experience from bad/mediocre to good is the CPU and that will require you to pay around $1000+ for a whole new system.

It’s simply not worth it, nor is it fair that you should be expected to own a system like this to play the game. When there are people with laptop i7 processors and desktop based i3-i5s who are getting <30 FPS in PVE it’s the game with the problem, not your computer.

The issue is stability, and that’s for ANet to work out. Admittedly your system is old but you should be able to achieve a playable game with low settings. That has not been provided for you. You shouldn’t be expected to spend more money on hardware to get a stable low spec game experience.

Thank you so much everybody who helped me, it is appreciated. I understand i don’t have the greatest pc of all time but its nice for somebody to clarify that i shouldn’t be having as much of an issue as i am.

I also find it funny that somebody had to consolidate all the FPS issues into a new thread. Obviously shows how many people are suffering because of it.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Mightynandui.3467

Mightynandui.3467

I really wish they would implement a option to remove that horrible camera smoothing, feels like input lag x1000 it’s so unresponsive. :/

This! I have been complaining about that since the first betas but my post was never answered by a Dev.

The “Camera Smoothing” makes the low fps feel even lower.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: psyway.4356

psyway.4356

its not fps issues only also gpu usage and memory go up.at least give us simple `we work on it`.i was having 80+ fps untill last few days.
and this statement ``Note: Due to potential changes, system requirements may change over time and you may be required to upgrade your current system (or obtain a new system) to continue to play the game.`` is very mean and sinister,i bought tghe game because i knew i can play it at about 90 fps,which i did until last two patches.please fix it!

(edited by psyway.4356)

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Rootz.6270

Rootz.6270

its not fps issues only also gpu usage and memory go up.at least give us simple `we work on it`.i was having 80+ fps untill last few days.
and this statement ``Note: Due to potential changes, system requirements may change over time and you may be required to upgrade your current system (or obtain a new system) to continue to play the game.`` is very mean and sinister,i bought tghe game because i knew i can play it at about 90 fps,which i did until last two patches.please fix it!

I am having fps issues with a gtx 690, thats a 850 pound gfx card so i doubt upgrading would solve anything…

I do think it’s more a nvidia driver issue tbh as the secret world suffers from the same problems on high end cards.

one would expect to sit on the front row with that kind of money spend on a gfx card but the truth is far from it

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: gjvah.2431

gjvah.2431

AMD 1100T @3.8
ATI 6970 2GB
8GB RAM

I’m getting 45-60 regardless of what’s happening on screen, with everything maxed at 1920×1080. Game seems well optimized on my end. My friend is getting similar results with a 1090t and 6950.

We only had a small issue of his game crashing as soon as he logged on, (serious error) turned out to be the Mumble overlay.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: amytheplanarshift.8520

amytheplanarshift.8520

I understand your frustration but just to reiterate, don’t go spending any money yet man.
From someone who’s been suffering from, studying this issue since the release date the only surefire way of getting good FPS is to own a Desktop Based i7 (read, not a laptop) preferably current generation 3770k or superior.

The powerful i7 is the only thing that people having a good game experience seem to have in common. GPU doesn’t seem to matter to any great extent. RAM is more or less not a factor. The only thing that changes the game experience from bad/mediocre to good is the CPU and that will require you to pay around $1000+ for a whole new system.

It’s simply not worth it, nor is it fair that you should be expected to own a system like this to play the game. When there are people with laptop i7 processors and desktop based i3-i5s who are getting <30 FPS in PVE it’s the game with the problem, not your computer.

The issue is stability, and that’s for ANet to work out. Admittedly your system is old but you should be able to achieve a playable game with low settings. That has not been provided for you. You shouldn’t be expected to spend more money on hardware to get a stable low spec game experience.

Thank you so much everybody who helped me, it is appreciated. I understand i don’t have the greatest pc of all time but its nice for somebody to clarify that i shouldn’t be having as much of an issue as i am.

I also find it funny that somebody had to consolidate all the FPS issues into a new thread. Obviously shows how many people are suffering because of it.

As I reported first when these forums first opened (my thread and/or posts have since been deleted or merged somewhere that I can’t find them, which I am still a little upset about), I am having framerate issues even with an i7-2700k @ 4 GHz and a GTX 680. I’ll post my dxdiag again so you can all see.

Today I was in WvWvW in a large battle getting 20 FPS. I checked my GPU usage: 20%. CPU usage was similar, around 50%. Something is wrong, and it is with this game or the Nvidia drivers, or both.

Attachments:

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: RJMazz.6798

RJMazz.6798

I make it a habit to explore every city with every character so I don’t have to do this later, and possibly achieve 100% map completion with each.

But through all of the time I’ve been playing, I’ve been having immense, unacceptable FPS losses when exploring the Black Citadel. From about 55, it drops to 5, it doesn’t matter whether I choose low end graphics or high, it stills keeps on 5.

This is something that shouldn’t happen when I’m using a GeForce GTX 560TI graphics card and have 16gb RAM memory.

Does A-Net have an input in this?

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Zebahan.4521

Zebahan.4521

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition
ATI Radeon HD 7970 3GB
16GB RAM
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 v1.2

25 – 40 FPS

It feels like my setup should perform a bit better, Help?

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Mario Lemieux.9107

Mario Lemieux.9107

This is a problem many people are having, not just with the Black CItadel, but also with Lion’s Arch and The Grove. Not everyone, but many. A-Net is currently dealing with a myriad of issues, but they don’t seem to have a fix, or even acknowledged, the FPS issues people are having…this will probably get merged into the FPS issues topic, though.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: dranneix.3816

dranneix.3816

My computer configuration is: Intel Core i3-540 (i know its nothing special)
HD 7850 oc 2Gb
8 Gb Ram
No matter which graphic settings i choose my average fps is 40,and i think i should have higher then that.When there are a lot of people on map it drops below 20. WvW is unplayable for me. All drivers are updated. When i try to apply latest update for graphich card: application profile cap 2 i can’t even play,it always below 20 fps. What should i do?

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Open up a youtube video (any) and right click the video > click settings > make sure “enable hardware acceleration” is NOT checked! Disabling this made my cpu usage go from 90+ to 60-70 and I have had 60+ frames again! I think it has to do with flash messing with your gpu. I was getting 8-15 fps before until I did this. May not work for all of you but it’s a miracle for me.

Tried this didn’t work, my game ran on medium settings with playable FPS until the last patch released on 09/09/12. I never bothered to check my FPS before because it was running satisfactory to me, however my game will not go above 20 fps when I am out the field solo. When I am in a crowded area such as LA the fps is usually around 5-7. I have set the game up on the lowest possible settings at this point.

intel i5 2.53 ghz
4 gb ram
1 gb ati 5650

My system is by no means top of the line in fact it’s almost 2 years old but it exceeds the minimum requirements by quite a bit. The minimum requirements have to be more than simply booting the game up or that would be misleading and false advertisement companies tend to stay away from that sort of thing to avoid lawsuits. Also Anet has stated that they want their game playable on a wide variety of systems and that you do not need the most top of the line model to play the game. To reiterate the game ran fine for me in the past 2 weeks I made no changes to my system I shut it down went to bed got up the next day patched it now it runs terrible.

“Our goal with Guild Wars 2 is to have it run on a wide range of Windows gaming PCs.

Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or better
Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3 OR AMD Athlon 64 X2, or better
2 GB RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800, ATI X1800, Intel HD 3000, or better (256 MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)
25 GB available HDD space
Keyboard and mouse"

Furthermore many users who have system specs that are far higher than what are required, what I would consider an actual gaming machine are having the same issues as I am and after patches that came out over the weekend. Something is definitely wrong here. If you can play the game without issue then you are lucky go play the game, enjoy it I know I wouldn’t be hanging around here if my FPS had taken such a dramatic decrease.

At this time a response from the developer either on the forum or facebook would be reassuring and well just pleasant in general. hint hint

(edited by MastaNeenja.1537)

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Akim.3208

Akim.3208

You didn’t say what processor you have. Cities are very CPU bound. If you have a weak processor don’t expect to have 60fps. But I agree, this game needs to be optimized more, much more.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: RJMazz.6798

RJMazz.6798

I didn’t say what processor I have because I don’t really remember it. I know, though, my processor is a not so current i7 version. Still, it shouldn’t really be a problem. I know the processor is good, I can run Battlefield 3 with Ultra Settings, for example.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Mightynandui.3467

Mightynandui.3467

I have been monitoring this forums for 2 days now and it is fun to see moderators merging (including my extensive post) and closing posts about fps/performance issues but not replying with at least a macro like “We are aware”.

I know that ANet has been very communicative about the game, but regarding performance they are quiet.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Adrekan.8265

Adrekan.8265

Just a quick one and i know this isn’t exactly what some people want to hear,

After giving up on the FPS on WvW i decide to go and do structured (as it is only when there 50+ people spamming spells do the issues come up).

Maybe just do this for bit? I am not making excuses for them in the slightest and think it is shoddy. Why have a game mode you can’t play???

For those that it is affecting all modes related to pvp (and in some cases pve) i truly am sorry. But after playing structured i am enjoying it even more. I am actually playing PVP and not P vs fort wall.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Sunzzofman.8596

Sunzzofman.8596

I contacted amd and asked about guild wars 2 because of the bad gpu load and fps some people are getting even with an amazing computer,they said to do this survey so they get more infomation and said if i know others with problems get them to do it to,even if your gfx card isnt listed (like mine i have a 4870 so i clicked other) the more info they get the better.least this gives us the best chance of the some gw2 fixes in the next driver releases etc,even if your series if 4000 or lower.link below

http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D20B2F3EBF

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Jin Lightning.9820

Jin Lightning.9820

I’m having indescriminate FPS.
Is my PC able to run a stable framerate?

Processor: Intel® Pentium® D CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
RAM: 3.25GB
Windows XP

My average FPS is between 15-20, but sometimes drops to around 5-10.
Is there anything I can do here, or is my PC just sluggish?

-Jin

-Jin

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Idolicious.6091

Idolicious.6091

Open up a youtube video (any) and right click the video > click settings > make sure “enable hardware acceleration” is NOT checked! Disabling this made my cpu usage go from 90+ to 60-70 and I have had 60+ frames again! I think it has to do with flash messing with your gpu. I was getting 8-15 fps before until I did this. May not work for all of you but it’s a miracle for me.

Edit: Refresh the youtube page after doing this then launch the game or relaunch if it was already open.

AMD X4 970 Black Edition
AMD 6850 gpu
8g ram

Not sure why my thread (or was it posts? impossible to tell now) was merged here, but I just wanted to report that my Flash was already set with Hardware Acceleration disabled, so this ‘solution’ does not help. I wish it was something this easy/stupid though, but I have a feeling A.Net has been messing with the game engine and nothing we do will help…

Would like some clarification by devs, but that may be wishful thinking…

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Clexzor.6351

Clexzor.6351

for ati user this worked for me stabilized my fps

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117633

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Swordbreaker.2581

Swordbreaker.2581

Time for a new computer me thinks.

Asrock X79 Extreme4 mobo / I7 3930k @ 4.7ghz / 16gb Kingston HyperX 1600mhz
/ 2x XFX R9 290x in Crossfire

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Deadpool.3175

Deadpool.3175

My current computer’s specs are:

Processor: AMD A6-3400M APU with Radeon™ graphics (4 CPUs) ~1.4GHz
Memory: 4096 RAM
Graphics card: Radeon HD 6720G2 (but for some reason in dxdiag lists it as Radeon HD 6520G)

I’m not very tech savvy at all. And I was wondering if running Guild Wars 2 at 15-20 FPS on low is normal for this kind of computer, or if there’s something that I can do to maximize performance. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you in advance. (It also drops to around 10 FPS when there’s activity.)

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Swordbreaker.2581

Swordbreaker.2581

Short answer – yes, it is normal

Asrock X79 Extreme4 mobo / I7 3930k @ 4.7ghz / 16gb Kingston HyperX 1600mhz
/ 2x XFX R9 290x in Crossfire

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Casshern.7056

Casshern.7056

You need a new computer mate. Not much you can do with that.

Intel i7 3770K @ 4.0ghz /16GB DDR3 @ 2600mhz
2 x GTX 680 SLI / 512GB SSD / 2TB HDD / Win 7
5.1 THX Optical Speakers / 120hz BenQ Monitor

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: psyway.4356

psyway.4356

Everyone in this thread is running very old hardware, including Nova. You cannot expect to run modern games well on 5 year old processors and 4+ year old video cards.

If it meets or passes minimum requirements your claim is invalid.

No, it isn’t. Minimum requirements are there to show what it will take to get the game to actually start. In no way do minimum requirements relate to running the game optimally.

The game is not working on my i7-720qm, ati 5850, 6gb ram rig.
It does not work on my cousin’s i7-2600, ati 6870, 8gb ram rig.
It works perfectly fine on my friends 5 years old laptop with a 256mb Geforce 9300 graphics card except in WvW.

You sir are correct, the problem is indeed with people’s rigs and not Arena Net’s problem.

Seriously, you people have nothing better to do than troll the forums and defend Anet like they’re paying you to do it.

you are not right at all,for example my rig is much worse than both you mentioned,and i play since 28th august with 80-90 fps until last two patches.its problem with this patches.arena should re-roll last two updates

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: dekaneas.2841

dekaneas.2841

Same here unfortunately.After last patch my fps lowers from 40+ to 3-5fps rendering the game unplayable.Anets solution was…you know do this,and do that…but they already know the issue and …will fix it in the future.
The thing is that my fps is low at any setting so its a patch thing.Maybe they shoud reroll the last patches.Till then we just wait..
Oh dont forget…the youtube thing didn work for me.

(edited by dekaneas.2841)

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: ddak.3150

ddak.3150

Can someone explain to me why are smoke effects so demanding? Everytime I go to some marsh, or Personal Story (Pale Tree memory or destiny) where everything is foggy and smoky, FPS drops to 25.

Check the screenshot down.

My computer is iMac 27" 2011 Intel i5 2400 3.2ghz
Ati Radeon 6970 1 gb videoram
8 Gb system ram

Everything on off or medium – except textures on high. Thats Autodetect, I even turned Post Processing to NONE, as it was on LOW on autodetect.

Why is this happening? Game was fine in beta, and during leveling, as soon as I hit lvl 80, everything changed.

EDIT: is it perhaps Frame Limiter, that I set up to 60 ?

Thanks

Attachments:

(edited by ddak.3150)

Low FPS - [merged]

Dubious.7403

The Youtube fix has stopped working for me.
Now when I do it the FPS rises for about 60 seconds before dropping again.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: IPunchedyour family.7294

IPunchedyour family.7294

I considered the possibility of the Youtube fix being a placebo effect last night.

Think about it. The fellow who posted it originally came up with it yesterday. We all had great success with better frame rates yesterday. If it can stop working, then it never actually worked at all; and I think this raises more questions then it answers.

I’m not at home now but I’ll see how I go when I get home. If I’m not receiving the consistent gameplay I had last night (I was actually getting 40+ FPS in medium>large events which has never happened since I got the game) I’m going to have to assume that the Youtube fix is bunkum.

This seems like it could had something to do with the time we all were on yesterday. There was possibly a decreased server load which allowed us all to run our games better, less players on etc. Either that or ArenaNet have actually been working on the problem and we just happened to think we had fixed it, when it was really them with their most recent hotpatch.

The good news for those of us who are struggling is that if it CAN run as well as it did yesterday then it eventually WILL.

i53570k, HD6970, 8gb Ram – 60FPS

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Arson.4189

Arson.4189

Welcome to the age of paying to be a beta tester guys. This seems to be the future.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Thunderstruck.5368

Thunderstruck.5368

The latest patch you just put into the game 9/6/12 lowered my fps by about 10-15 fps
was getting a steady 45-60 out in the world now at 30 -45

Vista32
intel core 2 quad q6600 2.4 ghz
3 GB Ram
AMD 6850 overclocked through CCC 900/1150 (Driver 12.8)
1920×1080

UPDATE***
Todays patch 9/10/12 (May have been 9/9/12 patch didnt play sunday) returned my fps back to 45-60 as a matter of fact the fps even spiked at times into the high 60’s which is awesome.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: rebalnz.3869

rebalnz.3869

well i have

gtx 670
i72600k
8gb ddr3 RAm

found out last night after spending hours trying to attempt to fix that it was my cpu bottlenecking in heavy situations. not sure if it is throttling down or something but def the cpu. what was weird was i temporary OCed cpu 100mhz and it yielded massive fps increase. a hell of alot more than it should. (cant keep OC cause of temp issues)

therefore ive come back to the conclusion the game is just poorly optimized in demanding situations. seems to put to much stress on the cpu compared to te video card. for instance in lions arch if i dropped all my settings to low would only give me a 5fps increase which is a joke.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Y u mad its vydia.6324

Y u mad its vydia.6324

I usually run the game at 30+ FPS, but whenever I enter Bandithaunt Caverns (Queensdale), my FPS instantly drops to 5-10. This problem is new to me and I have first noticed it yesterday (I have played Queensdale many times before and did not have this issue).

The FPS drop starts as soon as I step into the caverns and ends as soon as I leave, or in the Champion Bandit Leader area (the game runs normally in that section of the cave).

So far, this is the only area where this happens to me.

Malaakh. [EU] Desolation.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Voltage.8965

Voltage.8965

i have fixed my issue….. install win 8 ( for my CPU ) install the 3.02 beta driver from nvidia. and disable hardware acceleration within flash i went from having 25-35 fps now im constantly running 60-100 fps

Nobody is perfect.
But I am so close it scares me

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: baltes.6379

baltes.6379

where are we suppoed to post our problems with this? my post on THIS issue was moved to a “crash” topic, i’m not having crashing problems, i’m having low fps.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Calleh.1540

Calleh.1540

Recently cleaned out my Asus G73JH, installed a new SSD aswell as applied new thermal paste. This along with the youtube fix made my GW2 running great. 50-60 fps with vertical sync.
Had almost giving up hope for this game running well on this laptop, but I sure am happy now. Hopefully it will stay this way.

Low FPS - [merged]

Dubious.7403

I considered the possibility of the Youtube fix being a placebo effect last night.

Think about it. The fellow who posted it originally came up with it yesterday. We all had great success with better frame rates yesterday. If it can stop working, then it never actually worked at all; and I think this raises more questions then it answers.

I’m not at home now but I’ll see how I go when I get home. If I’m not receiving the consistent gameplay I had last night (I was actually getting 40+ FPS in medium>large events which has never happened since I got the game) I’m going to have to assume that the Youtube fix is bunkum.

This seems like it could had something to do with the time we all were on yesterday. There was possibly a decreased server load which allowed us all to run our games better, less players on etc. Either that or ArenaNet have actually been working on the problem and we just happened to think we had fixed it, when it was really them with their most recent hotpatch.

The good news for those of us who are struggling is that if it CAN run as well as it did yesterday then it eventually WILL.

I disagree. Now when I try to use the Youtube fix the game does work well, but for 60 seconds or so. You can acutally see my fps rising to 55-65, I can play normally and then out of nowhere it drops to below 10.

There are some serious issues going on with this game. I sent an email to Arena Net asking for a refund. I want nothing to do with this game anymore.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: miiksu.3741

miiksu.3741

Something is badly wrong as I statement before. When setting everything lowest as possible I get 45 fps in Black Citadel. I have AMD FX eight core and Radeon 7850.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: PrinceAli.3140

PrinceAli.3140

My SLI 570’s can’t hold 60fps on the lowest setting @1024x768. GPU usage is only
10-20% my card’s should be dumping all over this game.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Lokiie.7690

Lokiie.7690

I have noticed this as well, actually since sunday give or take i have had a huge frame rate drop across the game, but its really bad in that specific cave.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Skyfield.1934

Skyfield.1934

I agree on that there is some serious issues on this game on Arena Net’s part. All we can do is wait until they fix it. Don’t think its your rigs people just wait for a fix and don’t listen to those trolls that blame it on your computer. Just be patient.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Quoting this from a thread I started on the matter (for the record):

System Specs:
AMD FX-4100 OC’d @ 4.0Ghz.
8GB DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) RAM
HIS IceQ Radeon HD 7870 @ 1100Mhz (Latest WHQL Catalyst drivers (12.8))
Just upgraded from HIS Radeon HD 6750 (Latest WHQL Catalyst drivers (12.8))
3dMark11 Performance before vid card upgrade (Performance setting):
CPU: ~3300
GPU: ~1600
Combined: ~1850
3dMark11 Performance after vid card upgrade (Performance setting):
CPU: ~3300
GPU: ~6900
Combined: ~5550
GW2 settings for all tests (unless otherwise mentioned):
1920×1200
Unlimited framerate
No vertical sync (even disabled it at the driver level to be sure)
Before vid card upgrade in GW2:
Medium-high settings, no AA, some bells and whistles turned off, 20-45 FPS depending on the scene, dropping to slideshow speed in large boss battles.
After vid card upgrade in GW2:
Same settings, same framerate as before.
Ultra settings, same framerate.
Ultra with *super*sampling enabled, same framerate.
Ultra with *sub*sampling enabled, same framerate.
Vertical sync, same framerate.
Everything turned all the way down, no bells, no whistles, subsampling, etc: 30-50FPS.
What in the world is going on? This system, even with the mid-range CPU, should be playing this game like a bat outta hell. I get roughly the same framerate in the 3dMark11 tests as I get in the game.
The average framerate seems to be sitting right around 35FPS across the board.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Strange-Performance-Issues/first

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

I agree on that there is some serious issues on this game on Arena Net’s part. All we can do is wait until they fix it. Don’t think its your rigs people just wait for a fix and don’t listen to those trolls that blame it on your computer. Just be patient.

QFT

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Alpha Bootis.2371

Alpha Bootis.2371

I have problems with FPS, completely at random, I normally get 60FPS (capped because of Vsync) on max setting eveb in huge areas its well over 50, now its struggeling to get 10.
PC Restart may fix it but game restart certainly does not.
Have the latest non-beta drivers installed, i’m not to keen about installing beta drivers suggested by Arenanet just because I do not like potentially unstable things.

GeForce 460GTX, Intel i5 2500k Quadcore, 16GB ram, GW2 is installed on a 120GB SSD drive.

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Mooncrosser.7519

Mooncrosser.7519

GPU: AMD 7850, 2GB GDDR5
CPU: AMD Bulldozer 6100 (6 cores, 3.3gh)
12 GB of RAM
Latest BETA drivers of AMD Catalyst

FPS: on “Best Performance” – barely 20-30, on “Auto-Detect”-less than 20

Low FPS - [merged]

Posted by: Wiwaxia.2791

Wiwaxia.2791

Yesterday I logoff with no problem and 60fps at max setting@1920x1200.
Today 09/11/2012 I have around 15-20fps.