11 —- 50/ 50 =100% 46/ 50 = 92% 206-127-157-94.ncsoft.com [206.127.157.94]
0/ 50 = 0% |
12 26 ms 4/ 50 = 8% 0/ 50 = 0% 206-127-158-1.ncsoft.com [206.127.158.1]

Now what?

Ping Issues [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Shaman.4513

Shaman.4513

Same here, major lag spikes, WvW is making me puke every time I join it so I rage quit, PvP was not any better.
I decided to go to old PvE, tried joining a Champ run, got my share of lag – but not as sick as what was happening in WvW.
If you really hate someone, just have them join EBG.
It would be comforting if least ifANet – out of respect – can share with us – the normal users – why is there so much lag -not in details as I am not a technical expert- and if there is serious action to fix it, because all I see is complains complains, and nothing on the horizon from your side.

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: Maximus.8376

Maximus.8376

Are you guys connected through wi-fi? I know from my own experience that gw2 doesn’t work very well thorugh wi-fi if you don’t have a good router.

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: Anandira.8756

Anandira.8756

It’s really not a question of how we are connected to the internet. I know of at least one person in my friends list who has the fibre and is connected via cable who experiences ping spikes up to 3k ONLY in guild wars2, not in other games.

Someone suggested that this might be a switch problem with some of the providers…

Recruiting for raid team here.

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Are you guys connected through wi-fi?

No.

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: Lord Victor.2174

Lord Victor.2174

I used to play with 200 average and that was normal for me. But going from 200 to 350-450 average makes it imposible to play, specially if it’s not consistent I can’t even estimate the time I need to press my skill buttons. I know my gf’s been having the same problem and it did start about 2 weeks ago.

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: boumz.9851

boumz.9851

ISP: T-Online

i just called them and asked why they keep slowing down my connection, they told me that everything is fine and it must be the game.

So I’d really love to know how i can fix this, i browsed the forum, other people have the same issue, will this ever be fixed on your end or will i have to look for an alternative?

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

Did you run a trace rout or ping path also without your location no one can really help you. It’s most likely the Internet, the path it takes to get to the game servers 99.9% of all lag issues are external from the game there are a number of local (your I house network) that can cause lag. The biggest one is to many people on the same connection, if you live in a house or dorm with a shared connection good luck especially if they are all streaming like Netflix and YouTube. Are you streaming in the background DON’T this is the number one game killer is streaming crap while you play. Also wifi is becoming overcrowded if you live in an area with high wifi population and you connect to the Internet with wifi, try running an Ethernet cable to your router. With everything and the toilet connected to wifi these days, this is a big issue. Have you checked your system for viruses and malware that are hijacking your internet or sending you through a proxy server. Good luck and it’s not the game!

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: nexusone.2367

nexusone.2367

As the title describes it … got disconnected after I already had massive lag spikes 10 min before. Now the game doesn’t let me back in.

There’s also a reddit thread of people having the same issue atm on different servers

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Same issue for me. I can’t log back in. Had several dc and then not possible to get back. And reset starts now

Ping Issues [merged]

nexusone.2367

Yep epic timing. I saw that it also downloaded a small patch for me at some point, dunno where that came from as I was playing before

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: grknwrt.5493

grknwrt.5493

Same here, gw2 was lagging all day too.

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: cassius.5809

cassius.5809

Same issue here, including the small (42mb?) patch. Just lagged, disconnected then it downloaded a patch. Unable to log back in ever since.

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: Schokoladenonkel.7295

Schokoladenonkel.7295

I got thrown out of PVP and can not get back in. Hey Anet, super happy customor here asking you to please fix your sh_it.

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: Heather.4823

Heather.4823

Keep getting dc’d too and taking ages to get back in

Siren – Aurora Glade

Ping Issues [merged]

nexusone.2367

Managed to get back in just for reset, was pressing f when everybody ran into a wall without me dcing for a minute. Restarted the game then and reset already happened << … anet pls freaking change the hamsters in the basement << (also in reference to the super massive wvw lag thread in the other forum .. hint hint)

(edited by nexusone.2367)

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: vits.5210

vits.5210

the same, DC and cant connect again. Connection lost every time… begin 20 min. ago

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: fearscream.4057

fearscream.4057

Same thing happens to me.
Right now (20:42) I have 700ms ping time, but with a tracert:
1 6 ms 3 ms 2 ms 192.168.1.1
2 16 ms 21 ms 18 ms static-213-205-16-189.clienti.tiscali.it [213.205.16.189]
3 19 ms 17 ms 18 ms static-213-205-21-209.clienti.tiscali.it [213.205.21.209]
4 22 ms 21 ms 15 ms static-213-205-23-53.clienti.tiscali.it [213.205.23.53]
5 15 ms 22 ms 15 ms static-213-205-17-65.clienti.tiscali.it [213.205.17.65]
6 31 ms 30 ms 27 ms static-94-32-135-165.clienti.tiscali.it [94.32.135.165]
7 22 ms 22 ms 26 ms ae3-300.trn30.ip4.gtt.net [77.67.82.229]
8 54 ms 54 ms 66 ms xe-7-2-0.fra61.ip4.gtt.net [89.149.183.85]
9 51 ms 50 ms 50 ms cdnetworks-gw.ip4.gtt.net [77.67.71.122]
10 41 ms 43 ms 40 ms 206-127-157-94.ncsoft.com [206.127.157.94]
11 257 ms 43 ms 42 ms 206-127-157-102.ncsoft.com [206.127.157.102]
12 52 ms 49 ms 52 ms 206-127-159-163.ncsoft.com [206.127.159.163]

It seems that all is fine.
It happens since 3 weeks randomically, every day after 19:00 (Italy time)

Ping Issues [merged]

nexusone.2367

And now that it went well for half an hour i’m getting dced every 30s while TS is not lagging at all and all the rest is working smooth. 10 min before half our zerg in the BL dced too

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: innocens.1582

innocens.1582

me to.
started at teq, took ages to log back in.
now im disconnected about every minut or so

a man who doesnt make mistakes doesnt do anything

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: reffe.5647

reffe.5647

Same for me, I was trying to do personal story on my Necromancer, but I get ping spikes up to my normal 30-50ms to 1500, and everything freezes in the world, and I time out. Now I tryed to enter a portal, it’s just loading, and nothing happens. I get disconnected all the time. When I try to ping the IP to the server, I get packetloss aswell. Have checked, and it’s not on my end, only GW2 that it’s effected right now.

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: FredVK.4025

FredVK.4025

Same here, fix this please!
Had no connection errors on my internet or what so ever. Played fine the entire past 2-3 hours and suddenly I get a random dc, dc’d 4 times more after that. Game shut down on me 3 times with it and once I couldn’t log back in. Can log in now but still insta dc when I select a character…

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: canis lupus albus.7891

canis lupus albus.7891

I will just add my +1 here… Getting disconnected and all that. I am glad to see it is not only me.

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: grknwrt.5493

grknwrt.5493

Having intense ping issues for hours, not playable atm !

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: reffe.5647

reffe.5647

I think everyone having the same issue, it’s not your connection. It’s something on Anet’s end I suppose. I could’t play either, get disconnects all the time and ping spiking all the time.

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: DjZeBeR.3549

DjZeBeR.3549

+1 Got home today excited to play fracs.. After path 1 or even at the start it will just instant crash! Frustrating! Restarted Ruter box hoping that would fix the problem.. Finely looked on the forums to see people having the same problem..Every update gw2 has brings another problem to the game!

Without music life would be a mistake!

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: Wolfington.5406

Wolfington.5406

Also having huge connection issues. Log on, select character, load into level, lag out more or less instantly, disconnect. Every time.

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: Ska Fever.1896

Ska Fever.1896

same here. disconnects en masse and login probs

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: Supertramp.5430

Supertramp.5430

I have the same problem.

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Same issue, kicked in fractal run. Tried logging back in (now over 5 times), stuck on loading screen then crash.

Error code:

Code=7:11:3:191:101

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Ping Issues [merged]

Sirendor.1394

In case you (ArenaNet) haven’t noticed: there’s an ongoing problem at the moment of people (including me) unable to connect to the game, disconnected several times in a row and then unable to get past loading screen.

There have been mentions both on reddit and the bug forum, but no reaction yet.

So please, address this issue. It’s obviously on your side, because many at the same time are experiencing it.

Sources:
(https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3h01kv/anyone_else_having_connection_troubles/)
(https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Disconnected-and-can-not-log-back-in/first#post5382565)
(https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Keep-Dcing-5-mins-loading-screens/first#post5382544)

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: SairaJayn.2065

SairaJayn.2065

Same issue. It’s annoying. FIX IT.

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: Vikcen.4160

Vikcen.4160

Hello.

Same problem here, suddenly disconnected two hours ago aprox. and can not log back in.

Ping Issues [merged]

DjZeBeR.3549

Chill peepz, no one carez about this problem, we can’t login to defend in wvw but for some reasons the enemy was online…
Calm down go drink a beer.
If it’s an internal problem it will be resolved after couple of hours after the admin call some friends, or pay the tax for the ddos…

You will find everyone is chilled! We’re finding out what the deal is with the connection problems at the moment with Guild Wars 2. And ArenaNet will care about the problems if people can’t play their game.

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: Cafe.4832

Cafe.4832

I’m having all of the above issues.

Life is simple, why not love?

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: Thyrm.8352

Thyrm.8352

Throwing my hat in the ring too.

It started out with lagspikes, however chat was working fine (no delays, could see messages from others). Shortly after I disconnected. Now I can enjoy loading screens for hours it seems.

Up the Irons.

Ping Issues [merged]

Sirendor.1394

Update: finally managed to log back in, hope it stays that way..

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

I hope you people are aware that there is many many parts making the internet between you and the game servers can break?

It’s not always on Anet side

Someone in CA has been attacking fiber optic lines the past couple of months.
Hardware dies.
Construction crews cutting cables by accident
Under water ocean fiber optic lines get cut
list goes on

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

(edited by JediYoda.1275)

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: Djinn.2809

Djinn.2809

I can’t log in. I get as far as to the character menu but then when I’m loading into the actual game I get disconnected (everything’s going a lot slower too). I eventually got into Lion’s Arch but I can’t see my friends that are online, nor that I’m in a guild. Also there’s a message that keeps popping up: "The game client is unable to gain acces to the log-in server at this time etc. Code=42:0:9001:4418:101

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: Frostfire.7492

Frostfire.7492

I was playing a lvl 50 fractal when the game decided to kick me out with no valid explanation. I tried to reconnect several times restarted the Router and PC, dosn’t help. After the fractal was over I could join back in the game. I wasted one houre because of this kitten server problems! Fix this kitten!!!

Edit: Thx for auto editing my swear words, feeling better now!

(edited by Frostfire.7492)

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

I’ve found a temporary fix pretty helpful personally:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Connection-Bug/first#post5252570

This one helped me and a few others, not sure if it will be beneficial to you though.

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

Uninstall and reinstall

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: Robroy.4073

Robroy.4073

Same problem for me, stuck at Lion’s Arch loading screen atm.

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

42:0:9001:4418 error here too.

Build 51902

Can’t login after patch.

Would like to be able to log in my home instance before reset (2 hours).

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: Djinn.2809

Djinn.2809

Update: Restarted my PC and router etc. but get the same error message as before. I managed to get in on my other character who was in Rata Sum and not Lion’s Arch. However when I then wanted to proceed to join my friends in WvW I get the same error message as before and get kicked back to the character selection. Then I see that it now says 0 % map completion on the character that had 100 % and he’s no longer visable.

Ping Issues [merged]

DjZeBeR.3549

Update: So after some time logging in and out I have noticed when you finely get into WVW you can play pretty much without a problem. But as soon as you play fracs everything starts going all buggy again. I have open all the ports needed for Guild Wars 2, restarted router box and all the usual stuff you do when games don’t work..

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Logged out briefly, now cannot get back in. Took 5+mins for kessex hills loading screen to disappear and disconnect and then was unable to login through char select screen. Still gets stuck on loading screen. was fine maybe half hour prior.

EU/UK, Gunnars Hold

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: Purgatory.5702

Purgatory.5702

+1
Temple of the silent storm is unplayable for me. This map causes me to DC which feels horrible because I know that my team has to play 4v5 without me.
Please fix your servers.

Ping Issues [merged]

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Instanced content seems super buggy. Finally got in Gendarren fields, but when clicking home portal stone, fail to connect again.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Ping Issues [merged]

DjZeBeR.3549

Bump.. Want this at the top so Admins see the post.