error code 7:11:3:189:101

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Andy.2548

Andy.2548

‘’ I did the winsock reset and then rebooted my router, then my comp.
HUZZAH. I’ve had NO network lag or error 7’s last night or tonight…I’m a happy Kitty! Try resetting winsock like I did, see if that works. :> ’’ – KonekoKisses
Its on the 9th page…I’m not really tech savvy so I really don’t know much about it but im on someone else’s computer so I don’t want to try it unless i know it’s really the solution to our problems. Google Winsock Reset and it’ll tell you more info about it.

Posted by: Lokke.1087

Lokke.1087

Tried resetting both Winsock and TCP/IP protocol stack. Neither helped, and I’m still getting error 7. I can play with some noticeable lag during off-peak hours, and get error 7 every couple of minutes during peak hours.

Posted by: Levian.6742

Levian.6742

Tried the Windsock Reset (haha) and ipconfig/release /renew and nothing.

I can’t really test it off peak hours as I’m at work then, but I can usually play for 30 mins to an hour after 5pm before its starts lagging and kicking me off. Still no other issues with other games

Levian.6742

Oh and here’s my diag. Hope it helps in fixing this issue… I just want to be able to play again!

EDIT**

So after completely disabling my antivirus I still got lag and a crash, but this time with a new error – Code=1022:5:1:825:101

Attachments:

(edited by Levian.6742)

Posted by: Shimokawa.9720

Shimokawa.9720

I’ve been getting these errors 7:11:3:189:101 for the past 7-8 days or so. I don’t know if it has to do with an update/patch but my game was working soundly before that time.

It kicked me to the Character screen; at that point I can immediatly repick my toon (or a different one) and reenter.

It hits me in the open world, WvW, or in dungeons. It strikes at random, anywhere from 5 mins to an hour or two in. Though it should be noted that it seems to hit right before, during or right after an intensive fight…it rarely hits when nothing is going on (ie…i’m just walking out in the open). I’ve afked from my machine while my toon is in a safe area and it has never kicked me off if my toon is sitting idle. It does seems to come quicker during peak times.

However this evening, during peak time, it’s thrown me a new error; three times. I didn’t write the number down but it says a Network connectivity error and it kicks me all the way back to the log in splash screen. This during each reload and successive play it was kind enough to give me the 7:11:3:189:101 every now and again.

I’m hoping this evenings patch fixes things. But if it doesn’t, the game is mostly unplayable.

I will try some experimentation…if anything works I share with the masses

Posted by: MylesTheLionGomez.1496

MylesTheLionGomez.1496

Hate to beat a dead horse but man!

been follow thing the thread

the other day i did the netsh winsock reset and that seemed to work for a day but the very next day bam ERROR CODE 7

tonight the game was pretty unplayable gave up after 45 minutes of me loggging back in after being kicked off every 30-45 secs

also reread thread to see if i missed trying anything….and naw if tried all the fixes everyone has offered

Diadi: Guardian 80
Lyonrwar: Ranger 80 Lyonswrath: Mesmer 80
SoR :: Ethereal Guardians

Levian.6742

I’d love another post from aNet, even just something along the lines of “we acknowledge the problem exists and are working on a solution”. As it stands we have two posts from 12 days ago suggesting a fix that didn’t work, and a Diag log.

I wana play my GW2kitten

Posted by: Horizon.8043

Horizon.8043

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/error-code-7-11-3-189-101/first#post12471

I don’t have a “C:/Gamse”
What should I do?
How did you all get this to work?

Levian.6742

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/error-code-7-11-3-189-101/first#post12471

I don’t have a “C:/Gamse”
What should I do?
How did you all get this to work?

Are you trolling, or just not very good with computers?

Its a typo, he meant C:/Games

Although this is just the default install location for many people. Just find what ever folder your game is located in

Horizon.8043

no matter the path it doesn’t work. This is my third re-install

Posted by: Restingsound.3785

Restingsound.3785

WORKAROUND

First a disclaimer I just read this thread today and haven’t tried all the suggestions previously given. I have been experiencing this issue since the prelaunch though and have tried disabling anti-virus, and setting port forwarding to no avail.

Workaround: Whenever I am on a skype call or downloading a large file Guild Wars 2 runs flawlessly. As soon as the call ends or the download finishes I lag out and receive the 7 error within 5-10 minutes. Hopefully this workaround works for others and/or leads ArenaNet to the root of the problem. Let me know if it works for you.

Posted by: Prototype.9852

Prototype.9852

I’ve never had ANY problems before. I got over 200 hours of play (I know that’s a lot) and I’ve never been disconnected. Today, I kept getting disconnected every 20 minutes. It’s pretty annoying since I usually only do WvWvW, and the queue is kinda long. I’ve tried everything and it doesn’t work. I haven’t changed anything on my computer / internet. Please help…

I’m from Quebec, Canada.

(edited by Prototype.9852)

Posted by: gigawang.7261

gigawang.7261

Just adding my name to the list too. I’ve been playing with no issues until a few days ago.

Posted by: Robocorgi.4390

Robocorgi.4390

Just wanted to add that I am using Cox Communications as an ISP, and STILL get this error a week later. My friend, who lives 3 miles away and also uses Cox Communications for their ISP, can play just fine. I played at his house all weekend with NO connection issues. I REALLY hope this gets fixed… I have some pretty bad GW2 addiction issues that I need fixed

Posted by: sixfeetunder.6508

sixfeetunder.6508

i get this crap every day no mater what i do.

Before i got real internet u-vers at&t i was using verizons usb modem since im on a laptop..never had this issue through that until i got u-vers. So this tells me its 100% server side problem…love how these devs on games try to make it seem like its the gamers fault for somthing not working….btw i want my money back.

Posted by: Superlol.3741

Superlol.3741

Its really sooo annoying…. That 200 hours of gameplay so smooth and just now it starts. Its really annoying and all my guild having no problem at all

[CIR] – Blacktide

Posted by: Bobby Fizz.5706

Bobby Fizz.5706

Just adding my name to the list, no problems with the game so far until last night, now I keep getting the 7:11:3:189:101 error.

I’m on EU world Gunnar’s Hold, all ports are open on my router and this problem has only started for me over the past 2 days.

edit: just to add to this a bit, I am having similar problems as others here, I can login to game fine, pick my char, it’s loads in to game and then seems to disconnect (can’t fire off skills, all npc’s/players stop moving) after about 2 seconds. I then get kicked out to the character screen, where i can immediately pick my character again, and repeat.

(edited by Bobby Fizz.5706)

Posted by: Crucifer.2831

Crucifer.2831

I have gotten this issue since Launch except mine seems more extreme than most…here is what is happening for me:

I believe this is some weird reverse sudo-DDOS issue on ANETs server side to selected ISPs (I am running Comcast). I have done Winsock resets/IP changes/Packet dumps and updated every single driver I have.

I find that if I even once Alt+Tab out of GW2 the issue becomes 100% prevelant. As it seems the game tries to replicate itself when it is re-opened which then surges the outgoing packet information the larger issue I am having though is when I get the 7:11:3:189:101 errors they will not stop after the first one hits. Then it gets worse; it will kill my modem and drop my Internet connection completely until the bottleneck clears out. Which it seems can be anywhere from 1-2 million bytes of data that pile up.

This is extremely annoying as I have had my internet crash from GW2 for over 45min. Something needs to be fixed here.

Posted by: Superlol.3741

Superlol.3741

Just adding my name to the list, no problems with the game so far until last night, now I keep getting the 7:11:3:189:101 error.

I’m on EU world Gunnar’s Hold, all ports are open on my router and this problem has only started for me over the past 2 days.

edit: just to add to this a bit, I am having similar problems as others here, I can login to game fine, pick my char, it’s loads in to game and then seems to disconnect (can’t fire off skills, all npc’s/players stop moving) after about 2 seconds. I then get kicked out to the character screen, where i can immediately pick my character again, and repeat.

+1 also in gunnars hold..

[CIR] – Blacktide

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Last night was horribad for me too. I kept getting kicked from the game with this error message. Server: Far Shiverpeaks, EU.

A week ago, I had this problem as well; I thought I had solved it by using portward, in addition to the /port 80 launcher (portforward was not enough, I needed the /port 80 launcher). All ports are open, I triple checked with the Portforward utility. While these “fixes” worked for me for about a week, yesterday evening the problem came back with a vengeance. I was kicked from the game every other 5 to 10 minutes or so.

Very, very frustrating.

Posted by: Omnius.4782

Omnius.4782

I too have been suffering from the dreaded Error 7:11:3:189:101

It’s very sporadic and I can sometimes play for hours with no problems, then suddenly I am kicked to character select where I can immediately log back in only to get kicked a few minutes/seconds later.
I had no such issues after release day so I’m not sure what it is.

Anyway Attached are the Diagnostic file and LSP.txt

Server: Desolation
ISP: Plusnet

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Ticon.5346

Ticon.5346

yah i have been a victim of this dreaded Error 7:11:3:189:101 code since offical launch. i returned my system to get it checked up. i re -configured my connection like the Q&A in the GW2 site says about router and firewall issues.

i have an NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 555M – I finally got 2 responses from support they sent me a video from nvidia on how to configure somethings (which i have prob have done in the past)- we will see…

i found out from some guild mates that these error messages have been going on since GW1- so i dunno, this maybe the big pink elephant in GW2.

I hope they look into this issue promptly-ive never encounter so many error in one mmo game that wasnt taken care of fast!

seems like D3 all over again.

if this helps-
Crystal Desert player.
Uverse (AT&T) 2wire 3600hgv internet gateway
Florida,USA

getting kicked out in a middle of a dungeon run is getting tiring.

(edited by Ticon.5346)

Posted by: Clytle.4378

Clytle.4378

Ticon,
Can you link the video that they sent you, I also have a GT 555m. Thanks in advance hope it works for you.

Posted by: Makara.7312

Makara.7312

I experienced error 1022 since tonight’s client update.
I solved it using the /clientport 80 shortcut ; but now it is replaced by error 7.

Nothing was changed on my side; same hardware, same AV / FW without modifying any settings.

Could it be linked to tonight’s update? I’m playing everyday since pre-realease and it is the first time i’m experiencing errors.

Posted by: Fish of doom.4137

Fish of doom.4137

errors are still going on for me. In the morning though the game worked perfectly with no lags at all. right now the game is unplayable at all and kicks me out after 2-3 minutes
and skill delays are at about 2-5 seconds (until it get stuck and kicks me out).

non of the suggested solutions worked.

Posted by: astiller.4367

astiller.4367

I opened a ticket about lag spikes and err=7 since few days. The submit screen stated that ANET is aware of err=7 problems in EU and is working on it.

Today i could not even finish one sPvP match.

Horizon.8043

Ncsoft has been more helpful for me in suggestions and acknowledgement then anet seems to be, and they are just a publisher.

Posted by: Warrek.1074

Warrek.1074

I’ve been having terrible, unplayable lag for almost two weeks now while playing during peak hours, and a decent amount of lag outside of them – but today has to be the very top, getting this error and being disconnected repeatedly, one or two minutes into every gaming session, and with lag from the moment I pop in til I get thrown out.
And, of course, not a single word anet! That’s very nice. Very professional.

For the record, I’ve never lagged so badly that far into a game’s life, and I’ve seen enough launches and such. Not once. Very disappointed with the game at the moment, and can’t see myself staying for long if those problems continue.

Posted by: TheodoreSmooth.9185

TheodoreSmooth.9185

Still getting error 7, played for a few hours but now can’t log into lions arch at all.

Posted by: Ticon.5346

Ticon.5346

NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 555M-

Thank you for updating us on this issue. In reviewing your Game Advisor, I found that your laptop uses Optimus technology. If you’re unfamiliar with this term, it simply means you have two video cards which can be used for various tasks. The low-powered Intel card is for daily web surfing and HD videos, while the higher-powered NVIDIA card is designed for gaming. The issue is the Intel adapter is the default adapter in Windows, and as such, games default to this adapter. To resolve that, NVIDIA has setup a tutorial video showing how to configure your laptop and force the use of the NVIDIA adapter for gaming. Please view this video at

. You should also make sure you have the latest drivers first,

MylesTheLionGomez.1496

Tired it again this morning

When I started up the game it updated for like 5-7 minutes downing files or what not after I logged in played for 2 hours no DC issues then about I logged in later today played for an hour and 1/2 no issues got some instances done and events with other plays at least 10 of them….hoping to see what’s up tonight

Notes: last night after game was in playable I did that netsh winsock reset again and restarted my computer and reset my router but didn’t play went to bed jnstead

Posted by: Andy.2548

Andy.2548

Please keep us updated on how it goes tonight…i might try the winsock reset if you end up not getting any more errors.

Posted by: Warrek.1074

Warrek.1074

I tried winsock, I tried changing between dynamic and static IPs, port forwarding and all of that. Nothing seems to help. People should still try to see if, perhaps, it’ll help with individual cases, but I think the majority of us went through all their options.

Posted by: TheodoreSmooth.9185

TheodoreSmooth.9185

Installed new nvidia drivers, managed to load into game and run about, soon as I went to another zone got error 7 again.

Posted by: xBEASTx.3824

xBEASTx.3824

Add me to the list. I KNOW it’s not MY internet because my husband is 3 feet away from me playing just fine. I also know it’s not my computer because I just spent $6000 building our computers and they are IDENTICAL! Never had this issue till yesterday. Now I’m getting kicked every 30 seconds.

Levian.6742

**UPDATE***

So it seems it may be a route issue. If you have a lot of devices using the wifi from your router it may not be configured properly, or some such. I had someone call up my ISP while I was at work and they did something (not sure what), and also said they will be sending out a technician do to.. something.

So far I’ve only been disconnected once today, and I’ve had no noticeable lag after having this problem for 3 days straight now. Will probably post an update either if the lag comes back, or in a few days if this solves the problem

Posted by: Arika.8364

Arika.8364

There has been serious latency issues for weeks where pings are between 280-350ms. tracerts show 130ms averages to the Anet servers but in game is noticeably higher. Ever since last night’s update I have started to get the 7:11:3:189:101 error. Until last night I never received this error and hadn’t seen a disconnect since opening weekend. Now The game is unplayable because I can’t stay logged in long enough to play anything.

This really seems like an issue with the latest game builds and I really believe Anet should revert to a prior game build and test this theory. If in fact true, they should revert builds for everybody until this issue is fixed so that those having the problem can actually play the game.

The fact that some quests are still bugged makes me believe that its going to take Anet weeks to track down this issue and resolve it for good. I for one will have moved on long before then.

Posted by: Kwizat.3165

Kwizat.3165

LAG SPIKES AFTER PATCH FIX (worked for me):

After last patch I got terrible lag spike and would lose connection to server every 5-10 minutes. The game would simple become unresponsive and then a would get kicked with the message “lost connection to server” (or similar), but no error code CD.

This is NOT a ISP problem like many trolls keep telling people (I have 10MB/s uninterrupted)

I guessed the problem to be a corrupted file that occurred during a patch DL.

Found this elsewhere on GW2 forums and it worked:

You need to repair the files with -repair extension:

Go to you GW2 folder (c:\programfiles\guildwars2) is the default.

Drag and copy the GW2.exe to desktop and make a new shortcut
Right click – properties and add -repair extension
Should now read this in target:
“c:\programfiles\guildwars2\gw2.exe” – repair (notice -repair is AFTER the quotation)
Run this and it will file check (about 10 minutes or so)

NO more spikes after this for me.

MylesTheLionGomez.1496

Okay so last night was my first night that i played with NO DC’s!!! It was awesome!!! Didnt lag either! I literal just farmed events and got like 4 or 5 lvls in a 3 hour period. Played 10pm-1am EST no problems the only thing kinda noticeable is that after i long in it takes like 30-45 seconds after i login for my character to screen to pop up but after that no issues

Gonna play several at several times today(morning, middle of the day, and tonight) to check if this keeps up

heading to login wish me luck

Posted by: Firetongue.6038

Firetongue.6038

LAG SPIKES AFTER PATCH FIX (worked for me):

After last patch I got terrible lag spike and would lose connection to server every 5-10 minutes. The game would simple become unresponsive and then a would get kicked with the message “lost connection to server” (or similar), but no error code CD.

This is NOT a ISP problem like many trolls keep telling people (I have 10MB/s uninterrupted)

I guessed the problem to be a corrupted file that occurred during a patch DL.

Found this elsewhere on GW2 forums and it worked:

You need to repair the files with -repair extension:

Go to you GW2 folder (c:\programfiles\guildwars2) is the default.

Drag and copy the GW2.exe to desktop and make a new shortcut
Right click – properties and add -repair extension
Should now read this in target:
“c:\programfiles\guildwars2\gw2.exe” – repair (notice -repair is AFTER the quotation)
Run this and it will file check (about 10 minutes or so)

NO more spikes after this for me.

^^ is this gona work or is this a troll because this Error code 7 is made me all most give up on this game Anet no post on this page for time WOT IS GOING ON plz ???

Posted by: CountDucoo.7901

CountDucoo.7901

latest patch seems fixed my error 7 problem. Did not get a DC the whole day. I believe this error is caused by corrupted file at client side for most people.

Posted by: Syron.9427

Syron.9427

I play in Europe,Italy,Boltiere(BG)
Server: Ring of Fire
I have already tried everything about this issue but it was all useless.
It doesn’t seem to be my connection the problem because I can play without lag in any else online-game.
As provider I have TeleTu.

Posted by: Crusty.8943

Crusty.8943

Same problem here. Since yesterday it is really laggy. It is not my PC or internet connection. They work fine with any other online game and I had no problem before yesterday.

Posted by: pigasosaek.5078

pigasosaek.5078

Same from Greece..usually 20:00 ~ 22:00 local time a lot of dc’s
(7:….) .new router , internet its fine.Starts with lag in skills and after ~5sec error code (7..).

Someone mention about wishock reset?any info?

PS. i think its not our problem. Arenanet must check it.

Posted by: SkiBallz.9032

SkiBallz.9032

So this issue is still persisting on my end. I have tried all the fixes, and I even uninstalled the client and reinstalled hoping it’d help. It hasn’t. The lack of any form of a response from ANet is a little disturbing. Right now the game itself is unplayable for myself and my wife. It feels like I’ve wasted $120. Very frustrating.
I love this game, but right now I’m considering just uninstalling from my PC altogether. As the game is now, it’s just taking up space and memory and has no value at all.

Posted by: Kaltamok.4738

Kaltamok.4738

Ohh dear, Anet WHAT have you done with this latest patch. I was having the non-stop disconnects, code 7 to the point of i was just gonna stop playing and come back in a few months and hope to god it was all fixed. But someone suggested WTFast proxy software and to my amazment i got 5 days of totally dc and lag free playtime. Just got home from work, down loaded the patch and attempted to login, attempted to login again and then again and then after a lengthy hang time i managed to get in. Then the code7 started again, 2 steps forward DC to character screen, login 2 steps and DC (well rinse and repeat, you get the idea). I had such high hopes Arena-net would make some headway with this issue with this patch

Posted by: Caine.3648

Caine.3648

I find it odd that it keeps popping up for different people at sporadic times. Normally I’d expect something like this to happen in one burst, but it the issue still seems to be hitting some people even recently.

Posted by: Marmalade.9750

Marmalade.9750

I am not the biggest expert, but I managed to get rid of the networking errors. One thing I can confirm – the advices in the Knowledge Base do not work, at least not with Belkin routers. No amount of forwarded ports will help you stay online in GW2. The only thing that helps is putting the PC you play with in DMZ.

Posted by: Zeth.3920

Zeth.3920

Tried all fixes and none have worked. I love this game but as of the last 3-4 days im completely unable to play the game for more then 2 min. Very disappointed and i feel as though i have wasted my money.

Posted by: Max Steele.5178

Max Steele.5178

I am not the biggest expert, but I managed to get rid of the networking errors. One thing I can confirm – the advices in the Knowledge Base do not work, at least not with Belkin routers. No amount of forwarded ports will help you stay online in GW2. The only thing that helps is putting the PC you play with in DMZ.

I put my desktop on the DMZ. This did not stop my disconnects.

I reset Winsock. This did not stop the disconnects.

I have attempted every suggestion in this thread so far, and still I receive Error 7 and 3032, disconnecting me anywhere from 2 – 30 minutes into gameplay.