11/1: SoR/BG/SoS (Gold League Round 3)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

JQ and SoR ts are run by the same dude, but not on the same server. For the record. JQ’s ts has been DDOS’d daily for about the last 6 weeks, usually during important pushes.

Yep. Same dude, different servers. He(us) aren’t idiots. We know when it’s a DDOS. Especially when an attack wipes 70 Terabytes(that’s right, 70 TB. A DDOS attack on our TS wiped 70TB of DATA from the provider.) of DATA and forces the TS to close for over a week. That was a very costly and annoying, not to mention downright low act. It’s a game, that’s fine and people can have competition, but seriously when you’re attacking providers simply because they provide TS for us, it’s pathetic.

(edited by Doomdesire.9365)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Punny.9210

Punny.9210

Stacking? Does one guild fill up an empty timeslot make a server stacked? If IRON does not make SOR stacked, why ZDs does? Afterall ZDs primetime is only two hours into IRON primetime like most of the IRON members reminded us over and over again. Pretty fair right?

Reason why people complain about stacking is that it’s an organized WvW guild going into a timezone with literally little to no competition.

1. - BG already got HB, RK, COIN… Are all 3 guilds combined that pitiful that they are not a match for IRON and AFTL? As for HB, one of their commander or even leader wasn’t happy with move as he/she saw that it was going to ruin the competition stating that ZD should’ve went to another server with more needs in that timezone. I guess HB does have a few good players who really prefers fights and competitive nature. During reset, of course there’s going to be fights… But as the week progresses, there’s going to be less and less.
  2. - BG already won the first tier 1 match. Do they really need additional guilds when all 3 servers were so close in scores? Common sense, which a lot of us don’t have would have said no need unless you did not win the match.

U could say the same to Jq when they had ATM and others and they still got Merc from

us and then what ? Life is not fair. Live with it

Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darkjoy.3092

Darkjoy.3092

So what you are saying is that someone on blackgate is committing a criminal act (ddos is illegal fyi) and spending money ( a successful ddos on a network like team speak isn’t cheap ) so they can TAKE HILLS ? Give me a break. The excuses are endless

not trying to defend SoR here, but ppl been ddosing for some gains in games for really long time now actually

take wow for example, ppll ddos there, wintrade, fake someone’s else ID to delete accounts etc.; all for title in arena; i am saldy not kidding

you have to realize that many kids play games and usually that are not very aware (nor want to be aware) that what they are doing is illegal

IF he got ddoss in wow they got his personal ip unless blizzards network engineers are made up of a kinder-garden class.

in Match-ups

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

JQ and SoR ts are run by the same dude, but not on the same server. For the record. JQ’s ts has been DDOS’d daily for about the last 6 weeks, usually during important pushes.

Yep. Same dude, different servers. He(us) aren’t idiots. We know when it’s a DDOS. Especially when an attack wipes 70 Terabytes(that’s right, 70 TB. A DDOS attack on our TS wiped 70TB of DATA from the provider.) of DATA and forces the TS to close for over a week. That was a very costly and annoying, not to mention downright low act. It’s a game, that’s fine and people can have competition, but seriously when you’re attacking providers simply because they provide TS for us, it’s pathetic.

You need 70TB of space to host teamspeak? o_O

Are you sure it’s not a hidden “video” collection? :P

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in Match-ups

Doomdesire.9365

You need 70TB of space to host teamspeak? o_O

Are you sure it’s not a hidden “video” collection? :P

Hell if I know why there’s 70 TB. That’s what we were told, and that’s why they closed our TS. The provider hosts a ton of TS’ across multiple games though. It’s not just JQ and SoR. There’s probably a lot of other things he/they also host besides TS as well.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cirus.5748

Cirus.5748

Just because you weren’t privy to something doesn’t mean it did or didn’t happen.

At the end of the day your picking on one tiny wincy aspect of my post, and completely ignoring that the whole entire reason it was brought back up again was, because members of your current server, and newer members of SoS have said SOR was the sole reason SOS imploded, at that time, which I was stating is utterly incorrect, and at the same time, also point to the fact that if the SoS people really wanted to hate a server they should perhaps look at BG since your, now current, server took the lions share of the SOS WvW guilds compared to SOR, JQ, TC and FA.

So please don’t be getting your knickers in a knot because of the small aspect of my post. but by all means please try to point out where in my reasoning that it, if there be any server that, should SoS hate a server more, when presented with the facts, it should actually be BG.

It looks like you still ignore half of my first post saying the same thing you’re complaining that I’ve ignored. Go read it again, JQ was a very large reason for all of those transfers.

Also “not privy” is hilarious. I’ve specifically been talking about AoI, I have not once mentioned anything regarding MERC, for example, being “bought.” Which btw, was the entire reason this buying guilds thing ever came about. When MERC posted that BG helped them pay transfer costs for some of their members. This isn’t even close to a secret. However you’ve got some twisted revisionist history, where most of the guilds were bought and only you know which ones.

Protip: You have no idea what you’re talking about.

Protip: your still ignoring the fact the BG took, stole, bought, borrowed, received, how ever you want to word it the largest amount of guilds causing SoS to implode more than any other server, thus what my post was actually about. But you being so pro and all would know that and wouldn’t go on for 3/4 posts about the wording I used… Oh wait ….

This simply is not true.

Neither Blackgate nor Sanctum of Rall had anything to do with SoS imploding.

Jade Quarry had stacked itself to the point that it was winning match ups by more than 150k points, and they didn’t even need to try. (destroying tier 1 and the 2 competition in the process)

MERC wanted to move, and discussed moving with some of it’s close allies (ND and AOI) to move together. MERC approached Blackgate, and Blackgate (like any other server such as Sanctum of Rall) were welcoming to these guilds and gave the gold they had available to assist these guilds.

In the end MERC received a few hundred gold for the entire guild, and brought over more than 200 active hardcore WvW’ers. The gold received was so small that it wasn’t enough to subsidise the members. It would not have been more than 2 gold per member, when the cost of transferring was 45 gold per member.

So because the gold was so small and was not even enough to make a difference in subsidising members, it went to the guild bank to be used for WvW utilities. To pay for the transfers, MERC’s had to farm their own gold in CoF for a week.

And I know this because I was on Sea of Sorrows since release, I was both in MERC and AOI while on SoS, and I was in both guilds at the time of transfer.

The notion of Blackgate, buying, stealing, borrowing guilds is ridiculous and couldn’t be further from reality.

During the period of the transfer, some Sanctum of Rall posters were accusing Blackgate of buying guilds and thus doing shady business. (being the dirty cheating server that Blackgate is) Some MERC members responded to these rumours by posting exaggerated figures on the forums to enrage the Rallian keyboard warriors.

E.g a forum post from a MERC commander “I can confirm that MERC’s 1000 Oceanic members received over 20,000g from Blackgate to transfer over”

It was humour that may have been lost on some serious people!

Vanguard Of Exiled Mercenaries – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

U could say the same to Jq when they had ATM and others and they still got Merc from

Thought ATM prime is different than Merc? I thought only some of Merc left and there’s still another Merc on BG? Also, why you discounting OMEN and PLX that disappeared from JQ and showed up in BG? Yes, we know life isn’t fair and BG likes it this way… (non competitive way where they can beat opponents by 100k and chest thump on forums)

-S o S-

in Match-ups

Darkjoy.3092

you are full of it. Please tell me how a ddos wipes data. If your provider got a virus or had “password” as his password, thats not blackgate fault

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

you are full of it. Please tell me how a ddos wipes data. If your provider got a virus or had “password” as his password, thats not blackgate fault

He meant it wiped the bandwidth amount they had alotted for them more than likely.

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Punny.9210

Punny.9210

Thought ATM prime is different than Merc? I thought only some of Merc left and there’s still another Merc on BG? Also, why you discounting OMEN and PLX that disappeared from JQ and showed up in BG? Yes, we know life isn’t fair and BG likes it this way… (non competitive way where they can beat opponents by 100k and chest thump on forums)

lol dude. Most of us have pulled over time playing to tank the points in weak time zone in this season. ( that’s why it looks so much better than before season) If your server is not dedicated enough then that how you can’t win

Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

Both TS’s are being DDos’ed, not just because we complain and moan that TS went down and look for a convenient excuse. No we’ve been told by the server provider that it was DDos, the thing is that we have to be measured in what accusations are being made.

SoR’s and JQs TS are highly populated TS servers, and therefore are targets for trolls – just because it affects a group in a PvP game doesn’t mean that the source is necessarily from the competition. For all we know and all you know it could be a random griefer that will see a highly active internet community and screw with them for lulz. Correlation doesn’t necessarily imply causation, just keep that in mind if you accuse any “server” of DDos – there is no physical evidence that there was any more intent other than to troll.

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

in Match-ups

Darkjoy.3092

So I hear this guy plays a thief on Blackgate…

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

heh, finally had the chance to cross paths with ZDs.

if i’m not with the zerg, i’m roaming around but always on TS. and whenever i hear ZDs i’m like, “someone’s talking about us??” and then i realize. nope. lol. XDDD

all in good fun. heh, can’t speak for the scores… but hey! still been having a ton of fun the times i’ve gotten on to play.

BG and SoR, stop posting kittenty posts. [added: obligatory “you know who you are”, “not speaking of the entire server but of course, select individuals”]

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

Both TS’s are being DDos’ed, not just because we complain and moan that TS went down and look for a convenient excuse. No we’ve been told by the server provider that it was DDos, the thing is that we have to be measured in what accusations are being made.

SoR’s and JQs TS are highly populated TS servers, and therefore are targets for trolls – just because it affects a group in a PvP game doesn’t mean that the source is necessarily from the competition. For all we know and all you know it could be a random griefer that will see a highly active internet community and screw with them for lulz. Correlation doesn’t necessarily imply causation, just keep that in mind if you accuse any “server” of DDos – there is no physical evidence that there was any more intent other than to troll.

You’re right in that aspect. It could be anyone. Some random troll that doesn’t even know what GW2 is about, yet simply sees an opportunity to troll, but keep in mind most DDoS’s come from bot sites that users pay to DDOS. A random troll paying real money to DDOS is unlikely. Not to mention that

A) These always used to happen within minutes of reset

B) These normally happen when we make pushes

While I can see where you are coming from, even then, it’s has to be a really dedicated troll.

Sure enough, I mean the reason why I think it might be a random troll is that often as not TS would go down at a really wierd time from DDos such as mid EU where we were fighting Coin/PLX. Sure we were fighting them, but they weren’t hitting keeps or coordinating pushes -as of what would be expected if there was malicious intent from a server side context. Although I think the more that people complain about DDos the more likely its going to happen as trolls are always looking for that attention and gratification for upsetting people; I mean for all we know it could be a SoR player that has an axe to grind. We just have to accept it happens.

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

(edited by Tarkus.4109)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kiff.8157

Kiff.8157

Stacking? Does one guild fill up an empty timeslot make a server stacked? If IRON does not make SOR stacked, why ZDs does? Afterall ZDs primetime is only two hours into IRON primetime like most of the IRON members reminded us over and over again. Pretty fair right?

Reason why people complain about stacking is that it’s an organized WvW guild going into a timezone with literally little to no competition.

1. - BG already got HB, RK, COIN… Are all 3 guilds combined that pitiful that they are not a match for IRON and AFTL? As for HB, one of their commander or even leader wasn’t happy with move as he/she saw that it was going to ruin the competition stating that ZD should’ve went to another server with more needs in that timezone. I guess HB does have a few good players who really prefers fights and competitive nature. During reset, of course there’s going to be fights… But as the week progresses, there’s going to be less and less.
  2. - BG already won the first tier 1 match. Do they really need additional guilds when all 3 servers were so close in scores? Common sense, which a lot of us don’t have would have said no need unless you did not win the match.

I like it when people saying common senses, I am going to talk to you in common senses and comaparison theory. I assume your whole point is about fair and balanced? Let aside zds first, why did sor recruit Kiss when they had iron? Were 30+ men IRON not matched HB and RK who couldnt even field half the map not saying they dont play everyday. Stop telling me KISS doesnt exist, they used to be there. Please note that I am talking about history of sor stacking. So if sor did that, what makes you think you are qualified to blame other servers?

I dont see exactly correct ZDs filling up an empty gap cuz at some point, it is not that empty, some SOR SEA are used to play until 1am and that is exactly 2 hours after zds start their raiding. no resistance? absurd, it only happens if SOR SEA decide to change their schedule. Whom to blame again? BG? Brilliant. So BG is now your mommy with responsibility to ask you when to go to bread?

If JQ is allowed to stack their ocx/sea and SOR NA(remember WARD? I bet you dont), give me a reason why BG is not allowed to have a russian guild? and you know what, I think in your mindset, BG is not allowed to have any guild.

(edited by Kiff.8157)

in Match-ups

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

Just because you weren’t privy to something doesn’t mean it did or didn’t happen.

At the end of the day your picking on one tiny wincy aspect of my post, and completely ignoring that the whole entire reason it was brought back up again was, because members of your current server, and newer members of SoS have said SOR was the sole reason SOS imploded, at that time, which I was stating is utterly incorrect, and at the same time, also point to the fact that if the SoS people really wanted to hate a server they should perhaps look at BG since your, now current, server took the lions share of the SOS WvW guilds compared to SOR, JQ, TC and FA.

So please don’t be getting your knickers in a knot because of the small aspect of my post. but by all means please try to point out where in my reasoning that it, if there be any server that, should SoS hate a server more, when presented with the facts, it should actually be BG.

It looks like you still ignore half of my first post saying the same thing you’re complaining that I’ve ignored. Go read it again, JQ was a very large reason for all of those transfers.

Also “not privy” is hilarious. I’ve specifically been talking about AoI, I have not once mentioned anything regarding MERC, for example, being “bought.” Which btw, was the entire reason this buying guilds thing ever came about. When MERC posted that BG helped them pay transfer costs for some of their members. This isn’t even close to a secret. However you’ve got some twisted revisionist history, where most of the guilds were bought and only you know which ones.

Protip: your still ignoring the fact the BG took, stole, bought, borrowed, received, how ever you want to word it the largest amount of guilds causing SoS to implode more than any other server, thus what my post was actually about. But you being so pro and all would know that and wouldn’t go on for 3/4 posts about the wording I used… Oh wait ….

This simply is not true.

Jade Quarry had stacked itself to the point that it was winning match ups by more than 150k points, and they didn’t even need to try. (destroying tier 1 and the 2 competition in the process)

MERC wanted to move, and discussed moving with some of it’s close allies (ND and AOI) to move together. MERC approached Blackgate, and Blackgate (like any other server such as Sanctum of Rall) were welcoming to these guilds and gave the gold they had available to assist these guilds.

In the end MERC received a few hundred gold for the entire guild, and brought over more than 200 active hardcore WvW’ers. The gold received was so small that it wasn’t enough to subsidise the members. It would not have been more than 2 gold per member, when the cost of transferring was 45 gold per member.

So because the gold was so small and was not even enough to make a difference in subsidising members, it went to the guild bank to be used for WvW utilities. To pay for the transfers, MERC’s had to farm their own gold in CoF for a week.

And I know this because I was on Sea of Sorrows since release, I was both in MERC and AOI while on SoS, and I was in both guilds at the time of transfer.

The notion of Blackgate, buying, stealing, borrowing guilds is ridiculous and couldn’t be further from reality.

During the period of the transfer, some Sanctum of Rall posters were accusing Blackgate of buying guilds and thus doing shady business. (being the dirty cheating server that Blackgate is) Some MERC members responded to these rumours by posting exaggerated figures on the forums to enrage the Rallian keyboard warriors.

E.g a forum post from a MERC commander “I can confirm that MERC’s 1000 Oceanic members received over 20,000g from Blackgate to transfer over”

I can confirm, that 300g we got really helped buy every MERC member to BG.

Lel, it’s funny BG’s “Warchest” is so big that it managed to fund 1.5g per member which is a whopping 2.5% of the transfer cost at the time.

#Buygate

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Doomdesire.9365

This simply is not true.

I can confirm, that 300g we got really helped buy every MERC member to BG.

Lel, it’s funny BG’s “Warchest” is so big that it managed to fund 1.5g per member which is a whopping 2.5% of the transfer cost at the time.

#Buygate

When people refer to BG’s warchest they mean the relatively recent, popular image of one of BG’s leaders hosting a server fund for transfers. Of course this was post MERC transfer. That was a long time ago.

in Match-ups

MagiKarp.8201

OH WOW GEE A SERVER FUNDRAISING INGAME GOLD OMG SCANDALOUS.

Can’t tell you the multitudes of times I’ve been in meetings telling guilds we have some gold but nowhere near enough to help you get across, we can’t all be Jade Quarry and suddenly have someone splurge 40k gold from ebay to pay for transfers.

If you want to see a warchest try finding that JQ dude.

Blackgate WvW Commander

in Match-ups

Doomdesire.9365

Can’t tell you the multitudes of times I’ve been in meetings telling guilds we have some gold but nowhere near enough to help you get across, we can’t all be Jade Quarry and suddenly have someone splurge 40k gold from ebay to pay for transfers.

Well, RISE did just tell us that BG tried to buy back RISE at ~90G per member. Seems like you guys have the money.

in Match-ups

SleepingDragon.1596

I dont see exactly correct ZDs filling up an empty gap cuz at some point, it is not that empty,

SOR NA(remember WARD? I bet you dont), give me a reason why BG is not allowed to have a russian guild? and you know what, I think in your mindset, BG is not allowed to have any guild.

Yes, we know ZD isn’t filling any empty gap because it’s already quite stacked when compared to the competition. Also, not just WARD, it’s also ACO. JQ lost 2 guilds to SOR… Nobody says BG not allowed to have a Russian guild or 10 Russian guilds. Common sense says for competition sake, you shouldn’t need to overstack when it’s proven that you could win Tier 1 against 2 of the other strongest servers already. Why tip the balance till it comes crashing down? Are you saying that the first win was a fluke??? In your mindset, BG should get even more guilds till there’s basically 100% no competition left to even fight except NPC’s.

-S o S-

in Match-ups

MagiKarp.8201

Well, RISE did just tell us that BG tried to buy back RISE at ~90G per member. Seems like you guys have the money.

Yeah cuz RiSE aren’t trolls at all.

Blackgate WvW Commander

in Match-ups

Kiff.8157

They really have got to see how those JQ so called chinese farmer “donating” thousands of gold when JQ warlord called for a “fundraising” prior to MERC’s transfer. Want to hear some real stories of warchest? You really should go for JQ SEA. Don’t ask, it is true that they were so proud of their farmer and couldnt wait to tell everyone how great their pve community is.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cirus.5748

Cirus.5748

They could or couldn’t be. I’d trust them over a massive forum troll like magikarp, though.

I wouldn’t

Vanguard Of Exiled Mercenaries – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elano.2014

Elano.2014

I dont see exactly correct ZDs filling up an empty gap cuz at some point, it is not that empty, some SOR SEA are used to play until 1am and that is exactly 2 hours after zds start their raiding. no resistance? absurd, it only happens if SOR SEA decide to change their schedule. Whom to blame again? BG? Brilliant. So BG is now your mommy with responsibility to ask you when to go to bread?

If JQ is allowed to stack their ocx/sea and SOR NA(remember WARD? I bet you dont), give me a reason why BG is not allowed to have a russian guild? and you know what, I think in your mindset, BG is not allowed to have any guild.

SoR’s SEA always had a sharp decline in numbers after midnight. By sharp, I mean at least 60%. That was since summer. I know that how? Because I play SEA every day, and I log off when everyone logs off.

That comparison is flawed. Every server in T1 has SEA and NA, it’s only a question of filling 4 maps or 3 (or maybe 2, in the case of SEA). However, I am pretty certain that no server in NA can field a 40-men Russian guild in that time slot except ZDs. They could possibly be the ONLY decent-size Russian guild on any NA server, which means they can attack any structure without a guild group opposing against them.

in Match-ups

MagiKarp.8201

SoR’s SEA always had a sharp decline in numbers after midnight. By sharp, I mean at least 60%. That was since summer. I know that how? Because I play SEA every day, and I log off when everyone logs off.

That comparison is flawed. Every server in T1 has SEA and NA, it’s only a question of filling 4 maps or 3 (or maybe 2, in the case of SEA). However, I am pretty certain that no server in NA can field a 40-men Russian guild in that time slot except ZDs. They could possibly be the ONLY decent-size Russian guild on any NA server, which means they can attack any structure without a guild group opposing against them.

Just sayin’ replace the word ZDs with the word IRON and you’d be from BG or JQ.

Blackgate WvW Commander

in Match-ups

Kiff.8157

I dont see exactly correct ZDs filling up an empty gap cuz at some point, it is not that empty,

SOR NA(remember WARD? I bet you dont), give me a reason why BG is not allowed to have a russian guild? and you know what, I think in your mindset, BG is not allowed to have any guild.

Yes, we know ZD isn’t filling any empty gap because it’s already quite stacked when compared to the competition. Also, not just WARD, it’s also ACO. JQ lost 2 guilds to SOR… Nobody says BG not allowed to have a Russian guild or 10 Russian guilds. Common sense says for competition sake, you shouldn’t need to overstack when it’s proven that you could win Tier 1 against 2 of the other strongest servers already. Why tip the balance till it comes crashing down? Are you saying that the first win was a fluke??? In your mindset, BG should get even more guilds till there’s basically 100% no competition left to even fight except NPC’s.

Why didnt you answer why JQ stacked ocx and sea? I assume you are from JQ? or if you are SOR, why did SOR stack EU and NA?
What makes you think BG can beat JQ with no zds? Did you ever realize how stacked JQ sea and ocx are? It is like a combination of china and india.

in Match-ups

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

I thought we only won the first week because we simultaneously 2v1ed both JQ and SOR.

Or we only won because we attacked their TS.

Everyone forgets that we lost TKG, MERC, SUPR, RISE rB and RICH within two to three weeks of League starting.

We’ve gained EE, Zero and ZDs.

No, the difference in the numbers you are seeing in the BL is not “buygate”.

We do not detag to discourage our “new WvW players”. We teach them, get them into TS and recruit them into the WvW guilds. All of our WvW guilds have gained in numbers throughout the last three weeks, while SORs map numbers have slowly shrunk.

Its true once or twice when defending garrison we’ve asked achievement hunters to get off if they aren’t on a lvl 80 but it is not the norm of our server at all.

BG has a very large PvE community. We had a large one before Teq, but now its much much larger. Why?

Because the leaders (not myself) of BG were smart enough to open our WvW TS up for the PvE players to use and coordinate to take down Teq. In fact, two of our best WvW commanders became consistent Teq raid leaders and got a huge influx into their guilds because of it. BAM GW2 announces on their facebook page how awesome BG is in PvE and we have a huge influx of PvEers transfer over from everywhere, because everyone wants to beat Teq while they can still get the achievements.

Now comes the part where ANET makes achievements that have a limited time window that can only be done in WvW, aka League. (this is after they give “awesome” chests out for every 500 achievement points you gain). What did you think would happen, all those PvEers flocked into our WvW maps.

Do we complain? Do we detag? No, we do everything we can to show the fresh meat how awesome WvW is by organizing massive TS permission drives for our new players to get into TS. All our WvW guilds recruit like crazy. Some guilds get so full, the only time they can all fit is off hours, like Oceanic or late EU.

Don’t blame BGs influx of numbers on a zerg of 30 Russians. We’ve been working on reaching out for new WvW blood for months, and its starting to hit critical mass.

And for the love of Pete, don’t blame low SOR ticks during NA or Oceanic on that zerg of 30 Russians who are asleep or at work.

in Match-ups

Posted by: casterfaster.9146

casterfaster.9146

RISE should go back to BG. many korean friends waiting for you. dont you know that?

in Match-ups

Kiff.8157

uh…JQ MERC? or IRON/KISS who run 40+ with map blob in a timezone which they destroy any structure without great resistance?

Anyways, I play OCX and SEA too. Our SEA players go offline by midnight but some guilds they are willing to stay late and contribute. Is it our fault that your SEA players do not want to stay late during the league and because of that we should not get any guild? Whatever, just saying, I used to see whole NYS and SONG running in midnight.

in Match-ups

SleepingDragon.1596

Why didnt you answer why JQ stacked ocx and sea? I assume you are from JQ? or if you are SOR, why did SOR stack EU and NA?
What makes you think BG can beat JQ with no zds? Did you ever realize how stacked JQ sea and ocx are? It is like a combination of china and india.

JQ did not stack OCX since JQ was weak on that timezone. Prior to the return of TKG, JQ had almost no guild(s) on that time. BG always did and even with part of Merc leaving to assist, BG is still strong on that timezone. JQ did stack sea but it only hurt them more than help since the achievement chasers came out to play too. SOR did not stack NA, they had Tsym who semi went into hibernation mode so they stolen some guilds from JQ to buff theirs. SOR indeed stack EU first. But BG is now beating them badly and have out stacked SOR to create a mega power door farming group. Their skills will be tested on how many doors and veterans they can beat up on now. If any players who was once willing to come out to play decided it’s not worth it since it’s more of a time waste, then it’s the doing of the overstacking. And what makes you say BG can’t beat JQ without ZD? They have already didn’t they? First match? Did you not even get in during the entire week so you didn’t know that match existed? Please check on the close match that BG won. Maybe that will tell you that BG is already a strong server without ZD. It’s now overkill. It’s like combining the nukes of America and Russia…

-S o S-

in Match-ups

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

About SoR, I don’t hate you I hate the mentality of few guilds members/leaders you have there and that are selfish elitists and believe to be godlike with no need of militia (that they name pugs or rallybots…).

You mean rallians, which is a sign of respect. And you’re wrong and simply telling. All the major guilds treat the rallians. By far the worst treatment of pugs I’ve seen came from some merc commasnders back on sos

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Match-ups

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I notice you don’t actually deny it

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

You understand that your farce doesn’t even make sense. 90g to transfer isn’t a profit.

in Match-ups

MagiKarp.8201

Didn’t realise you didn’t understand the definition of troll or the context in which it was being used, by calling them trolls implies they are trolling you, like they did when they told BG they were looking to transfer back for 3 weeks

This; http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

Blackgate WvW Commander

in Match-ups

Doomdesire.9365

I thought we only won the first week because we simultaneously 2v1ed both JQ and SOR.

Everyone forgets that we lost TKG, MERC, SUPR, RISE rB and RICH within two to three weeks of League starting.

We do not detag to discourage our “new WvW players”. We teach them, get them into TS and recruit them into the WvW guilds. All of our WvW guilds have gained in numbers throughout the last three weeks, while SORs map numbers have slowly shrunk.

Its true once or twice when defending garrison we’ve asked achievement hunters to get off if they aren’t on a lvl 80 but it is not the norm of our server at all.

BG has a very large PvE community. We had a large one before Teq, but now its much much larger. Why?

Because the leaders (not myself) of BG were smart enough to open our WvW TS up for the PvE players to use and coordinate to take down Teq. In fact, two of our best WvW commanders became consistent Teq raid leaders and got a huge influx into their guilds because of it. BAM GW2 announces on their facebook page how awesome BG is in PvE and we have a huge influx of PvEers transfer over from everywhere, because everyone wants to beat Teq while they can still get the achievements.

Now comes the part where ANET makes achievements that have a limited time window that can only be done in WvW, aka League. (this is after they give “awesome” chests out for every 500 achievement points you gain). What did you think would happen, all those PvEers flocked into our WvW maps.

Do we complain? Do we detag? No, we do everything we can to show the fresh meat how awesome WvW is by organizing massive TS permission drives for our new players to get into TS. All our WvW guilds recruit like crazy. Some guilds get so full, the only time they can all fit is off hours, like Oceanic or late EU.

Don’t blame BGs influx of numbers on a zerg of 30 Russians. We’ve been working on reaching out for new WvW blood for months, and its starting to hit critical mass.

And for the love of Pete, don’t blame low SOR ticks during NA or Oceanic on that zerg of 30 Russians who are asleep or at work.

That’s the difference between BG & SoR. BG guilds are PvX and recruit as many people as they can. More people = more ppt

SoR is hardcore WvW orientated with a bigger focus on guild quality. CHOO/TW/FEAR/Hel/IRON/ONE/RISE are all under 150 quality members each and are hardcore WvW. We like to keep it that way. We don’t have a warchest. We don’t buy guilds. We don’t field insane numbers into oceanic, or massively recruit. But at the end of the day, we keep our dignity. Grats on the finisher, Blackgate. See you tomorrow during NA.

in Match-ups

Darkjoy.3092

good post . this is actually what you are seeing now

in Match-ups

Kiff.8157

JQ did not stack OCX since JQ was weak on that timezone. Prior to the return of TKG, JQ had almost no guild(s) on that time. BG always did and even with part of Merc leaving to assist, BG is still strong on that timezone. JQ did stack sea but it only hurt them more than help since the achievement chasers came out to play too. SOR did not stack NA, they had Tsym who semi went into hibernation mode so they stolen some guilds from JQ to buff theirs. SOR indeed stack EU first. But BG is now beating them badly and have out stacked SOR to create a mega power door farming group. Their skills will be tested on how many doors and veterans they can beat up on now. If any players who was once willing to come out to play decided it’s not worth it since it’s more of a time waste, then it’s the doing of the overstacking. And what makes you say BG can’t beat JQ without ZD? They have already didn’t they? First match? Did you not even get in during the entire week so you didn’t know that match existed? Please check on the close match that BG won. Maybe that will tell you that BG is already a strong server without ZD. It’s now overkill. It’s like combining the nukes of America and Russia…

I hope you realize that BG lost 3/4 of the OCX. TKG is a significant existance and I reckon that is stacking JQ bought MERC when TKG already transfered back.

PVE pugs? They can be trained. More is better than none. I wish we could have more pugs coming in when we are losing. Outmanned buff irks me a lot.

After you mentioned so ‘many’ guilds leaving SOR and JQ, how about BG, did you try to list out guilds and numbers that we lost? Have you been fair? or maybe let me help you, let see, we lost TKG, MERC (more than 50%?), SUPR, RICH, rB, RISE? any guild I missed? And all of them are core wvw guilds of BG.

Talking about first week match, that is 3 way match. Always there will be another party to pull you back. JQ schedule contributed a lot to that result as well. If you still don’t get it, wvw is completely incomprehensible to you.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elano.2014

Elano.2014

uh…JQ MERC? or IRON/KISS who run 40+ with map blob in a timezone which they destroy any structure without great resistance?

Anyways, I play OCX and SEA too. Our SEA players go offline by midnight but some guilds they are willing to stay late and contribute. Is it our fault that your SEA players do not want to stay late during the league and because of that we should not get any guild? Whatever, just saying, I used to see whole NYS and SONG running in midnight.

BG had superior OCX comparing to JQ and SoR. Now that OCX is a little bit more balanced between JQ and BG, you’re saying they’ve overstacked?

BG always had EU guilds before IRON.

I never said it was your fault that our SEA cannot play longer. I wish they could. But considering we had a very close week 1, do you still think you need to ask ZDs to join?

SONG came to SoR at the end of June. They’ve never run past midnight for more than 10 times. I’m +8 by the way, not sure if you’re +10 or something. NYS is just a group of drunks.

in Match-ups

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I forgot to mention, I also have another fund to bribe other servers into 2v1 against the third server in our match ups.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in Match-ups

Kiff.8157

That’s the difference between BG & SoR. BG guilds are PvX and recruit as many people as they can. More people = more ppt

SoR is hardcore WvW orientated with a bigger focus on guild quality. CHOO/TW/FEAR/Hel/IRON/ONE/RISE are all under 150 quality members each and are hardcore WvW. We like to keep it that way. We don’t have a warchest. We don’t buy guilds. We don’t field insane numbers into oceanic, or massively recruit. But at the end of the day, we keep our dignity. Grats on the finisher, Blackgate. See you tomorrow during NA.

Then why are sor crying about BG stacking when SOR are focusing on quality and decent fight? Isn’t it better if the opponent shows no quality and you get to show them what is the real skill? I don’t understand, this is like the puzzle of the century.

in Match-ups

Kiff.8157

BG had superior OCX comparing to JQ and SoR. Now that OCX is a little bit more balanced between JQ and BG, you’re saying they’ve overstacked?

BG always had EU guilds before IRON.

I never said it was your fault that our SEA cannot play longer. I wish they could. But considering we had a very close week 1, do you still think you need to ask ZDs to join?

SONG came to SoR at the end of June. They’ve never run past midnight for more than 10 times. I’m +8 by the way, not sure if you’re +10 or something. NYS is just a group of drunks.

Well, because it sounds like your servermates are blaming BG for inviting ZDs to come over to fill in the empty slot. Mind scrolling a few pages back? Ugh nevermind, the whole thread is about that. Any page will do.

Anyways, I don’t want to tell you this but, actually, we invited ZDs because we need to fight maguuma.

in Match-ups

SleepingDragon.1596

I hope you realize that BG lost 3/4 of the OCX. TKG is a significant existance and I reckon that is stacking JQ bought MERC when TKG already transfered back.

PVE pugs? They can be trained. More is better than none. I wish we could have more pugs coming in when we are losing. Outmanned buff irks me a lot.

After you mentioned so ‘many’ guilds leaving SOR and JQ, how about BG, did you try to list out guilds and numbers that we lost? Have you been fair? or maybe let me help you, let see, we lost TKG, MERC (more than 50%?), SUPR, RICH, rB, RISE? any guild I missed? And all of them are core wvw guilds of BG.

Talking about first week match, that is 3 way match. Always there will be another party to pull you back. JQ schedule contributed a lot to that result as well. If you still don’t get it, wvw is completely incomprehensible to you.

I did not try to mention guilds in specific. I only added to what was omissions by BG forum warriors. 3/4 was considered lost when part of Merc left and BG constantly saying it won’t make that much of impact when they did leave? Wow… I’m amazed. You should not discount OMEN and PLX. I remember those guilds seems to get on late NA time and into OCX times. As for the 3 way match, are you saying openly that JQ was double team because of their schedule? I remember everyone saying everyone was doubled team with BG pulling out ahead. If you still don’t get it, wvw is completely incomprehensible to you.

-S o S-

in Match-ups

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

It is this exact elitist attitude that proves my point.

in Match-ups

Doomdesire.9365

Then why are sor crying about BG stacking when SOR are focusing on quality and decent fight? Isn’t it better if the opponent shows no quality and you get to show them what is the real skill? I don’t understand, this is like the puzzle of the century.

It’s a mixture of both. We can be like BG when it comes to PPT, but at the end of the day, we aren’t going to ruin our guilds by recruiting PvErs who are there for the free ride, nor will we buy guilds for PPT. We run tagless with our guild and have fun. That’s exactly what we did today. Had the pleasure of fighting OnS and KNT blob today with 30 CHOO, 20 TW, 25 ONE running separately. At the end of the day, it comes down to having fun. The health of our server > PPT. PPT is second to fun. Why do you think practically no major guild has left SoR? The only one I can think of at the top of my head is KISS, who went back to EU. It’s also the reason why SoR climbed from rank 17 to 1(well, 3 now or w/e it is). Unlike BG and JQ, we don’t have a massive PvE population to carry us, nor do we want to be carried by people who won’t be at our backs when we need them. We work with what we have, and that’s mostly the guilds alone.

Just the fact that the majority of rB left blackgate after a few weeks of it’s community and went to SoR says alot.

(edited by Doomdesire.9365)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Atine.8623

Atine.8623

Well, because it sounds like your servermates are blaming BG for inviting ZDs to come over to fill in the empty slot. Mind scrolling a few pages back? Ugh nevermind, the whole thread is about that. Any page will do.

Anyways, I don’t want to tell you this but, actually, we invited ZDs because we need to fight maguuma.

The thing is, ZDs normally plays when SEA logs off and EURO is not on yet. the slot is “empty” for all of us. I just don’t understand why would ZDs go to a time slot where they are nobody to fight. But hey, maybe they’re having fun with it, who knows?

Gaming is supposed to be fun. People can have fun in different ways.

Sanctum Of Roger “Oldroar” Rall
Cras es Noster!
My posts are strictly my own, they do not represent my server nor my guild.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kauza.6751

Kauza.6751

This probably should be posted on the sor forums, but since it seems sor doesn’t want to care about their server pride at the moment I’m just going to spill it here.

There’s been a problem brewing on sor for some time, it just hadn’t reared it’s ugly head before the season started but it’s something I noticed as the weeks went by, a certain attitude from sor guilds and and sor commanders. Last week “for the fights” mantra I kept hearing really made me disappointed in sor as well. Look, every player and guild has the right to play the game however they want, I’ve been a part of guilds like that, but there is a time and place for these things.

We all have had an entire year to go around to just “for the fights!” and not worry about the scoreboard, the moment we started the season that should have been put aside until certain things happened. When we’re far ahead or behind in score with no chance of the score flipping towards the end of the week, hey forget the siege and go for the fights, no one would have a problem with that.

The first three days of a match up when we’re all fighting to take the lead put your efforts before yourselves and do something for your server, get the points from ppt or grab the orb buff and get to stomp. If you can’t find it in yourself to help your server win a match up in a season then please get off the top 3 servers where everyone went to get the top competition. You can find fights just as well fighting on the other side and arrange your gvg’s as well if that’s your thing.

It’s sad that sor is not motivated by the season, servers like maguuma and sos fought and stayed in gold league while others may have tanked, even though they have no chance to compete in it. I’m glad they’re making a wvw overflow map, a lot of guilds are going to fit right in there, no points for the server, plenty for yourselves, and nothing but fights.

Sor is self destructing because of the guilds, some of them are unwilling to play with others, they pull good players from the server into their guild and then play among themselves. I’ve heard commanders sound disgusted they have too many pugs with them, some will do things to shake them off, some commanders are unwilling to work with pugs at all, which I think is very important to maintaining numbers on your side.

If you are not out there leading whether we’re winning or losing with the pugs they will give up wandering around aimlessly getting slaughtered. But I suppose that’s what you want right? well 12:30pm on a saturday outmanned on a bl, the pugs have already given up and the ap hunters are gone so who’s left to fill the space?

Now you guilds have what you wanted, an open queue and a ton of bg to fight, but the price? There is hurt pride and broken morale all in the name of just looking for fights to fill your bags up, and it’s only week 3 of 7 where we were expected to compete for first, instead what’s left of the season is talk of waiting to 2v1 with jq on bg on week 7, so I guess we should just get the karma train running for 4 weeks huh.

I know commanding the pug zerg can be trying on the nerves, but if you want better players you need to train and lead them, all I ever hear is blame being set on them for anything that goes wrong. Even the week before the season I mentioned in chat that commanders should be out and leading, and yet I got back the “it’s training week for guilds” that attitude was bound to bite us back.

Then I constantly hear well bg has two times our numbers, of course they do they use their pugs, you fight with your minimum numbers and claim to have better skill but unless the lag and skill lag goes away completely, or you have more skillful players than the other side then it means nothing, numbers will crush you and be available at more places than you can be at once. Your pugs will also not get better if you keep throwing them to the wolves, ridicule them, and blame them for everything.

We still have a number of excellent guilds and commanders around, I appreciate the work they do to coordinate us and creating the fun that can be had from wvw. I don’t need to name other guilds or commanders this was in regards to, if you read this and are offended then really ask yourself if it’s true, do you care enough to help the server or not, if you’re not offended then I’ll say keep on fighting please, the people that follow appreciate it, Rally up Rall.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

I don’t know who fired the first shots, but to answer your question on my end and probably a lot of other rallians. The fact that BG is saying SoR has completely given up the fight, which is not true, we are not fighting as hard as the first 2 weeks because most of us are used to only playing within our time zones and minimally outside of it, when the league started the feveor of 1st place took over and many people overplayed. After the weekend is over our score grdually tanked in the first week, then drop massively in the 2nd week. Most of us realise there is no way we can compete with the coverage. certain times of the day we can only maintain and slowly bleed until our timezone ends and SEA/Early NA takes over, by then we have lost by many PPT.

Start of the 3rd week, PPT war has ended for SoR, we went back to just playing in our own time slot, or at least minimally, while BG still hang on to it’s coverage. As with any server though, demoralization of the pugs and possibly WvW guild members is always the case in these situations, so the numbers of those drop drastically on SoR. While BG pugs see’s the win and every pug and their mother joins in the fight. Keeping the numbers lopsided.

Personally, I am here for the fights and not really sure how or why the back and forth of this pointless thread started. I do have a few friends on BG from my old server and one of them did question me on why SoR quit the match, and I only try to explain to him as I do now, but his fear was losing guilds on BG because a lack of a fight on SoR. And I don’t think he whole hearted believed me when I told him SoR OC this week is pretty much how it has been every week, that is how much we have every time we play.

But I know some BG will keep going on about every SoR quitting WvW. But I can assure you the WvW regualrs are always there doing their best every day, regardless of what goes on in this thread.

[DONE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Read the first page. One of your guys got mad that someone thought SoR still had a shot at winning.

in Match-ups

Kiff.8157

I did not try to mention guilds in specific. I only added to what was omissions by BG forum warriors. 3/4 was considered lost when part of Merc left and BG constantly saying it won’t make that much of impact when they did leave? Wow… I’m amazed. You should not discount OMEN and PLX. I remember those guilds seems to get on late NA time and into OCX times. As for the 3 way match, are you saying openly that JQ was double team because of their schedule? I remember everyone saying everyone was doubled team with BG pulling out ahead. If you still don’t get it, wvw is completely incomprehensible to you.

What, are you talking about NA guilds? why not tell us what NA guilds JQ gained prior to the league?

OMEN is late ocx guild just so you know and their number? 10? or 15 max? I never saw they running more than 30. The rest are pugs. You know pugs right?

Reading your post, I realize that you have some sort of selective tendency of reading. It’s like you choose what to read it depends whether it suits your opinions or something you can fight back as a pvf warrior.

I thought everyone had already ‘hint’ JQ that you could not get #2 nor #1? BG was being double teamed the first day because SOR wanted #1. SOR being double teamed the 2nd day because BG wanted #1. JQ being double teamed the day before reset because JQ wanted #2. That simple.

in Match-ups

Doomdesire.9365

It is this exact elitist attitude that proves my point.

Today, two more myths were busted
That SOR murders BG in open field fights.

That BG blobs more than SOR.

We don’t suck in open field, we take the lead with it.

You created this monster. Deal with the consequences.

Keep sending us the bags in BGBL. We ate your entire map zergs over and over and over and over and you never took it.

Blackgate takes it as a compliment you guys have to do things like this to beat us.

I’m sorry were we talking about elitist attitudes jared?