6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Heh. So can you still get in from SoS? Or does it work for some people and not others? I haven’t tried today since I read it was down, but then apparently someone from Anet said on twitter it was an issue accessing WvW from some worlds.

WVW is down on SOS side as well.

Ah, too bad, would’ve been a funny way to catch up and get some WXP lol.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Dear Tarnished Coast,

I miss you guys. I had gotten so used to fighting you, and now that you are gone from my life Guild Wars 2 is a little less fun. Why can’t things just go back to the way they were? QQ

<holds hand>

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Usagi.4835

And that is not making us feel any better about things.

In fairness, I think it can be interpreted differently; either as “Oh, you’re not good enough for us and are a waste of our time” or as “We’re going to pull back a little bit so that everyone in the matchup can enjoy themselves”.

You can’t win either way though, I guess. I think everyone’s doing a really good job at keeping the thread positive and upbeat. Reminds me of the BG/KN/TC days.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Usagi.4835

Sorry you can’t win a 1v1, but it’s alright. No one excels at everything.

Can someone contact that guilds leader and inform them of this?

LOL seeing Oktavia all like “WTF” in that last screenshot is priceless. In all seriousness though, I need to stop quoting things. Sorry, guise.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Clockradio.3257

Clockradio.3257

And that is not making us feel any better about things.

In fairness, I think it can be interpreted differently; either as “Oh, you’re not good enough for us and are a waste of our time” or as “We’re going to pull back a little bit so that everyone in the matchup can enjoy themselves”.

You can’t win either way though, I guess. I think everyone’s doing a really good job at keeping the thread positive and upbeat. Reminds me of the BG/KN/TC days.

We’re both (tc and sor) losing rating this week anyway, or gaining a poultry sum at best, so I think that everyone from those servers should just enjoy the ride this week and hope for a matchup where you’re not digging yourself out of a rating hole next week… It doesn’t matter that some on SoR claim to be “holding back” or that one of our heavy hitting wvw guilds “temporarily” transferred to JQ. Every time I’m on the field I don’t see anyone saying that they feel bad for TC and SoS, they’re doing their best to kick some butt. You guys should do the same.

Clockradio | [TSYM] | Sanctum of Rall
tsym.enjin.com

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Usagi.4835

We’re both (tc and sor) losing rating this week anyway, or gaining a poultry sum at best, so I think that everyone from those servers should just enjoy the ride this week and hope for a matchup where you’re not digging yourself out of a rating hole next week… It doesn’t matter that some on SoR claim to be “holding back” or that one of our heavy hitting wvw guilds “temporarily” transferred to JQ. Every time I’m on the field I don’t see anyone saying that they feel bad for TC and SoS, they’re doing their best to kick some butt. You guys should do the same.

We all knew what was going to happen, people will still play hard and stuff. But yeah, like you said, I think it’s important that people don’t take things too seriously and use the week to have fun (like you should be doing anyway!) and learn and improve etc.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Clockradio.3257

I’m stuck at work, so I can’t be there now, but if tc fights like they did last night you guys will narrow the gap quite a bit anyway. TC should know that their ocean/sea guys were ticking over 400 for most of the night….

tsym.enjin.com

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: grave of hearts.7830

grave of hearts.7830

Me: Trebs are down…. again…… (mumbling to myself “where do they get all these trebs???”)

That continued for about 5 hours… no joke. Constant… I went through 14 counter trebs…. and broke in watergate 4 times in 1 night just to take out there kitten trebbs…

SoS if your nothing else… your resilient and a pain in the back side.

And to think that we are nearly perma undermanned ,imagine if we werent.

SoS Defence and Emergency commander
If you see a gear above my head……run
If you see me Offline,its totaly not a trap

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

The culmination of RE’s first night on TC. I think one of our members got a vid of when we first started, but from my experience, it ended with a bang – the epic fight for SM. And much lag was had by all.

Attachments:

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

SoS! We were about to run through the gaping hole we trebbed in south SM (owned by SoR)….and someone says “Wait, did they repair the wall?” “Wait…is SM RED?!”

You guys are ninja kings. Our mumble erupted with laughter.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

grave of hearts.7830

Sorry for the ninja cap,i found a golem with 19k hp left and said it was a waste to let it despawn

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

loving the vibe in here. : ))
keep on truckin’, TC, SoS and yes, you too, SoR.
can’t wait to join in on the fun.

i will definitely always be bringing my best to you folk. ; )) heh.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: IXJac.4197

IXJac.4197

I love fighting you guys.

Kitten of Rall

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

how many of the RE guys and girls I knew on dh r still around besides ethersin ??

and congrats on ur move to tc they r a great server

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Sorry for the ninja cap,i found a golem with 19k hp left and said it was a waste to let it despawn

Haha that’s incredible. Awesome move.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Masamoon.3864

Masamoon.3864

I think this entire game needs a Counting Workshop. Seriously, it not hard to figure out the size of a zerg just by looking at it, this goes for your own. If you were outmanned 3:1 you’d have the dumb outmanned buff and literally would be less than 20 people, which you guys(mainly TC really) would have, and you guys are running easily 40+, a server can’t have more than 80 people on a map and i’ve never really since any side other than in tier 1 run a blob bigger than 60.

Please, l2count.

Sanghae, legends can be true.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

I think this entire game needs a Counting Workshop. Seriously, it not hard to figure out the size of a zerg just by looking at it, this goes for your own. If you were outmanned 3:1 you’d have the dumb outmanned buff and literally would be less than 20 people, which you guys(mainly TC really) would have, and you guys are running easily 40+, a server can’t have more than 80 people on a map and i’ve never really since any side other than in tier 1 run a blob bigger than 60.

Please, l2count.

No way man. SoS had a 350 man zerg on EBG earlier.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dontcare Aboutnames.9284

Dontcare Aboutnames.9284

Score Update!!!!!

Attachments:

Shhhhh
No Tears
Just Dreams

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

grave of hearts.7830

Please, l2count.

No way man. SoS had a 350 man zerg on EBG earlier.

Shhh we are hiding our zerg

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Eivene.9127

Eivene.9127

This made me laugh so much.

Just want to hop in here and say I’ve been loving the battles against TC and SoS both.

TC, you are resourceful, inventive and bold! You’ve got some really well organized groups and I’ve seen some awesome mesmers on your side not afraid to jump off a besieged tower to wreak some havoc and other fun things like that.

SoS, I haven’t had the opportunity to play against you as much, but your players are so resilient. In the face of overwhelming odds you are incredibly persistent (as I guess the treb example up there shows haha), and it’s awesome. I have a lot of respect for you guys.

So far, it has been a pleasure facing you both.

Perfectionists’ Cult [NICE] - Family Friendly PvE/WvW community
Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Eivene.9127)

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: amonian.3596

amonian.3596

tc is too strong, but sor unexpectedly weak ^^.
pls. dont kill me.^^

(edited by amonian.3596)

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: neomccoy.2657

neomccoy.2657

Hi everyone, just want to shar [RE]’s first WvW night as members of TC family. We are having a blast so far.

Everything Purple [EP] – Tarnished Coast
Stone Walled – Guardian; Plaguefest – Necro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjs6MOa8ukw

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

This has been an awesome matchup, really fun even if the score says otherwise. Tonight, watching SoR on TCBL treb/take down hills north wall, only to be sent out by ACs a few times, then split to break south gate, repulsed again, then north wall again, set up trebs on the west wall, take out siege, break inner wall, repulsed for a bit, then finally take it… very innovative, we countered some of your stuff well but you definitely deserved Hills. (Yes, I know that was a really long run-on sentence. Ha.)

Pretty impressed with your cohesion and whoever was commanding. GJ, and really fun fight!

Hi everyone, just want to shar [RE]’s first WvW night as members of TC family. We are having a blast so far.

I’ve missed the RE videos! Welcome aboard fellas, glad to have you with us!

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

(edited by Dhampyr.2104)

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

To the 6-8 SoR spawn camping SoS on TCBL, you guys give your server a bad name.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: magikfox.9658

magikfox.9658

How? lol

Song The Fox
~(-_-~) RALL (~`3`)~
[FOX]

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

How? lol

How what?

Theres like 2 SoS there, and people just have to spawn camp them? It’s a pretty kitten move.

Much respect for SoS though. You guys are hanging in there, and you’ve shown more determination then other servers that have been in T2 when the going gets tough.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Velzer.1325

Velzer.1325

How? lol

How what?

Theres like 2 SoS there, and people just have to spawn camp them? It’s a pretty kitten move.

Much respect for SoS though. You guys are hanging in there, and you’ve shown more determination then other servers that have been in T2 when the going gets tough.

Who cares? I’ve witnessed every server spawn camping with a small group of people in the past two days. 6 people is a very small sample size of any of our wvw populations

Phasor Domain [TSYM]
Sanctum of Rall

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ghedoriah.4290

Ghedoriah.4290

What’s worse is that we’ve been sitting in Lake in SoR BL for the past two hours and no-one really seems to want to attack us. AC’s don’t make bags themselves, yaknow!

Sea of Sorrows

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

How? lol

How what?

Who cares? I’ve witnessed every server spawn camping with a small group of people in the past two days. 6 people is a very small sample size of any of our wvw populations

O.o Who on TC was spawn camping? We’re VERY much against this as a server.

Regardless of who though, it’s very unclassy and not sportsman like at all… especially against a rank 7 server.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

LameFox.6349

Hahaha, got danced on by some sylvari in [LeeT] after SoS zerged our tower where we had all of five people… probably on the entire EB… and they still lost numerous rams and catapults and took ages to knock the gate down. So sad.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

magikfox.9658

How? lol

How what?

O.o Who on TC was spawn camping? We’re VERY much against this as a server.

Regardless of who though, it’s very unclassy and not sportsman like at all… especially against a rank 7 server.

The thing is it ain’t that big of an issue in my opinion. There are literally 3 possible exits that a player can exit from their base. Maybe the possibility of a player taking an alternative route to the one being camped isn’t in the TC or SOS playbook?

And again, there were only 6-8 players stated as spawn camping. That’s nothing.

I take even more offense that this is meant to give a bad image to SoR. It’s bogus. Sure, it’s not the nicest thing to do, but it ain’t a biggy.

Didn’t know spawn camping was still something to moan about on forums. Usually we just stick to zerg size and arrow cart use, so yeah.

Song The Fox
~(-_-~) RALL (~`3`)~
[FOX]

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

magikfox.9658

Hahaha, got danced on by some sylvari in [LeeT] after SoS zerged our tower where we had all of five people… probably on the entire EB… and they still lost numerous rams and catapults and took ages to knock the gate down. So sad.

“Lost numerous rams and catapults.” Sounds like you were using ACs. If I was that sylvari I would /sit /sit /sit /sit /sit /sit all day long over that take.

Song The Fox
~(-_-~) RALL (~`3`)~
[FOX]

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

LameFox.6349

…and now apparently I’m looking for a group? lol. Guess that was why some random added me during the SoS’s failed zerg on our keep.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

LameFox.6349

“Lost numerous rams and catapults.” Sounds like you were using ACs. If I was that sylvari I would /sit /sit /sit /sit /sit /sit all day long over that take.

They lost the rams to ACs, they lost the catapults to a treb (and possibly other ACs but to me it was obscured from them).

But yeah, I’m sure you’re horribly offended when 5 people use siege to defend their base from your zerg, LOL. It must be so hard for you, trying not to get trampled to death by your team. D;

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azure.8412

Azure.8412

Im sorry CERN, your PvDoor overtime won’t work anymore. HIRE and co. are in full force to prevent you guys from doing so.

Vorae [GC] – Necromancer
Sanctum Of Rall.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Clockradio.3257

I was just wondering if [HIRE] was going out in force this week… PPT would tell me that they indeed are there tonight!

tsym.enjin.com

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Thanks for the badges….

Attachments:

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

LameFox.6349

Frankly that door is stupidly designed. It should be common knowledge by now that people will gladly take an opportunity to prevent opposition from leaving spawn areas to play the game, regardless of what game it is.

On the plus side, the people outside it like 15 min ago made pretty decent loot themselves…

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deyja.6745

Deyja.6745

.. a server can’t have more than 80 people on a map and i’ve never really since any side other than in tier 1 run a blob bigger than 60.

Please, l2count.

Just wanna chime in and say I’ve personally had 84 people show up in a supply count before with more running around inside the tower I was in at the time and I’m assuming more on the map elsewhere, I’d say it is within the realms of possibility. This was on the first day of the WXP patch though.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

Please, l2count.

I thought it was 125 per map, or have I missed some information provided by Anet?

The match up does have some really fun moments. The issue’s I see is that the competitve edge has been taken away due to huge disparity’s in coverage. It is hard to motivate yourself in this scenerio. I think all 3 servers feel this way.

This has lead to many not playing, levelling other chars, trying different things. In SEA/Eu time yesterday (through no fault of TC’s or SOS’s), we were just border hopping looking for fights, as pvd got boring very quickly. I was just about to log when a TC zerg appeared in EB, best hour I had had all day(even if it was painful at times).

As a guild the turnout this week is way down on normal and it really concerns me that anet decisions are having this affect on our player base.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shaojack.3871

Shaojack.3871

I’m not too sure anymore, I’m curious how many times they have stealth changed it trying to get different results.

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

LameFox.6349

I really think they should have allowed free transfers to lower pop servers tbh. I guess they’d rather hope for the money or something, but evening out coverage/pop is really the only way the system makes any kind of sense right now – they could address some of the difficulties faced by smaller groups vs larger ones, but that would still mean the larger groups get less fighting. Then again they raised the caps, maybe they’d prefer merges. Even in PVE huge areas of the game are often quite desolate, while the popular spots are in overflow. I’ve often wondered why there are so many servers if the population is going to be so focused that the result is overflow either way.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I watched a zerg of 120 players, last night, invade the EU server borderlands I transferred to. I’m not even joking. Counted each and every one of the 120 heads while they were lined up on the north hills wall getting ready to attack. Have never seen a zerg that big, never on NA at least. For perspective: the zerg took up the entire north hills wall from the north gate all the way to the south end corner, not a single gap, all a big massive sea of red — and then some of the zerg headed to the north inner gate as well, so it was even a bit more than the 120 I counted on the wall. So unless they have different rules for EU map cap than NA, I can tell you it’s at least 120 players from the enemy. EU is crazy. But in a good way.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

^ Wow. I wonder what is player cap per map. I thought it was 80. Does anet have an official say in this?

Anyway, waiting for GVG with SOR. Noms some chicken.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

^ Wow. I wonder what is player cap per map. I thought it was 80. Does anet have an official say in this?

Jayne was clearly drunk and was unable to count correctly. I doubt it really is that high unless EU has a different cap.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Definitely over 80, i have about 50 guildies on one map (special WvW event) with about 30 pugs and there still wasn’t a queue, a queue was reached when another guild came on the map aswell.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

Definitely over 80, i have about 50 guildies on one map (special WvW event) with about 30 pugs and there still wasn’t a queue, a queue was reached when another guild came on the map aswell.

I see. Now that means the cap might be reaching 90 to 100. Though I do hope ANET will comment on this or if there is any official information out there. ;3

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Jayne was clearly drunk and was unable to count correctly. I doubt it really is that high unless EU has a different cap.

lol I’ll take a screen cap next time … I don’t fib. It blew me away seeing so many, because I thought, like you guys, it was much less than that. I wonder if EU does have a different cap tho.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sao.7146

Sao.7146

I really think they should have allowed free transfers to lower pop servers tbh. I guess they’d rather hope for the money or something, but evening out coverage/pop is really the only way the system makes any kind of sense right now – they could address some of the difficulties faced by smaller groups vs larger ones, but that would still mean the larger groups get less fighting. Then again they raised the caps, maybe they’d prefer merges. Even in PVE huge areas of the game are often quite desolate, while the popular spots are in overflow. I’ve often wondered why there are so many servers if the population is going to be so focused that the result is overflow either way.

SoS, SoR and TC are all “very high” server if you look the server list.

Sanctum of Rall
Sao Dexan Lvl 80 Elementalist

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

Thanks NYS for doing a GVG with my guild, guild leader, and friends.

NYS is a classy guild.

- Sov (that norn with the toy sword and candy cane)

Attachments:

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

(edited by Sovereign.1093)