I want that !!!!!!!!!!
other one is empty.
NA #1 vs EU #1 , 1vs1
at next week, the loser will be changed by #2

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

^ I don’t know what to say. I’ve fought viz for a very long time being an EU original. They are quinticentially a whole new level of extreme. On the other hand, having fought SOR, it might be an even match as both servers are extremely good.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

SoS, SoR and TC are all “very high” server if you look the server list.

lol, true, I think last I looked literally every single NA server was either high or very high. I think that may be their categories being very broad though, or at least if the pops are that close to even (PVE included) I have no idea where all the players on some servers are hiding.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Yshyr.8709

Yshyr.8709

^ I don’t know what to say. I’ve fought viz for a very long time being an EU original. They are quinticentially a whole new level of extreme. On the other hand, having fought SOR, it might be an even match as both servers are extremely good.

That would most likely be a week of boredom for both servers. Prime times don’t match up. Given the fact most sea/oceanic seem to have gone to na servers I would guess na would win by virtue of coverage but who knows. I still think Anet would have done better to just have world servers instead of the split. WvW would be healthier over all.

The price of doing that would be slower connections for some people not sure if thats a good trade off or not.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

This match-up has been really fun. While the score isn’t even overall, the battles are pretty even in NA primetime. Since that is when I play, that is all that really matters to me.

Go TC!

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

SoS, SoR and TC are all “very high” server if you look the server list.

lol, true, I think last I looked literally every single NA server was either high or very high. I think that may be their categories being very broad though, or at least if the pops are that close to even (PVE included) I have no idea where all the players on some servers are hiding.

ANet has redefined their server population, there are now 6 Medium and 5 High Servers, as of yesterday.

Sure, you can say that SoS, SoR and TC are all “very high” servers, but they are all VERY different populations when it comes to WvW. SoR is currently the highest rating server, they have competed with the likes of BG, JQ etc for the better part of this year so any one who says “they have the same population” is delusional at best.

They fight a different fight than SoS or TC does, they fight on the battlefield AND in recruitment. SoS is happy where we were, just making the push into T3, but getting thrown in with the “big 6” after 2 straight weeks really sucks.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

That would most likely be a week of boredom for both servers. Prime times don’t match up. Given the fact most sea/oceanic seem to have gone to na servers I would guess na would win by virtue of coverage but who knows. I still think Anet would have done better to just have world servers instead of the split. WvW would be healthier over all.

The price of doing that would be slower connections for some people not sure if thats a good trade off or not.

Until Anet decides to merge EU and NA, we can only assume and speculate who will win. I wish there was a once a month thing where the best of each servers, na and eu, will get to fight each other to determine the number 1.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

ANet has redefined their server population, there are now 6 Medium and 5 High Servers, as of yesterday.

Sure, you can say that SoS, SoR and TC are all “very high” servers, but they are all VERY different populations when it comes to WvW. SoR is currently the highest rating server, they have competed with the likes of BG, JQ etc for the better part of this year so any one who says “they have the same population” is delusional at best.

They fight a different fight than SoS or TC does, they fight on the battlefield AND in recruitment. SoS is happy where we were, just making the push into T3, but getting thrown in with the “big 6” after 2 straight weeks really sucks.

I’ve never actually guested to SoR (that I remember) so I’m not sure with them if it’s WvW population or population in general, but I think generally speaking the ones with lower in WvW also have lower overall (coverage aside). Of course that could be wrong, but if they were a bit more specific with their population grades I think allowing transfers to lower ones would still make balancing things out a lot easier.

As much as I like even battles (and less lag!) the way the prices are right now, even if I was on SoR and staring at the potential of some really slow weeks to come, there’s no way I’d pay the transfer fee. Which they’ll probably find is true for a lot of people, if they were hoping we’d just spread out naturally.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Offski.4897

Offski.4897

Until Anet decides to merge EU and NA, we can only assume and speculate who will win. I wish there was a once a month thing where the best of each servers, na and eu, will get to fight each other to determine the number 1.

Viz would stand no chance, if they have opposition during night, morning, day hours they will not turn up or be so much less effective. Coverage is alot better on na servers.

Offski
Necromancer – Sanctum of Rall[IRON]
http://www.iron-gaming.com/

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

Just for the record, Guild Wars 2 isn’t on the Asian market yet. Which is ironic seeing as NCSoft is based in the Asian market but once ArenaNet releases the Asian version of the game, things will likely change, and we’ll be glad that there is a split simply due to WvW already having more than enough lag to make some fights be based on pure luck.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

Viz would stand no chance, if they have opposition during night, morning, day hours they will not turn up or be so much less effective. Coverage is alot better on na servers.

I wander if anyone from viz is reading this. Bashing Viz, you’re no match for na. Haha

ps. you got to tell me when you guys are running in wvw; so i can spot you guys.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

(edited by Sovereign.1093)

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ahka.6705

Ahka.6705

Nice work TC with the mega zerg in EB earlier tonight. It was fun trying to maneuver around and clean you guys up, but you really brought it! Just curious how many you guys actually had though… anyone know?

We did a supply check just before heading to Golanta and had approx. 63 people. This was just before RE got in EB when Odinzu was commanding. The RE zerg was about the same size just before the servers went down.

Ahka – Elementalist
[ZzZz]Zombie Coast, [CERN]When Zergs Collide
Tarnished Coast

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

VS cannot fight SOR, sor is too stacked for them, but then VS is 1 timezone server.

they might be as good as JQ currently, but not on par with SOR/BG in terms of coverage

However, in terms of tactics and strategy, and i don’t mean at fighting! no NA server is even close to them.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Afro Dude.8423

Afro Dude.8423

I would just like to say, thanks for the free SM cap SoR!

Attachments:

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

However, in terms of tactics and strategy, and i don’t mean at fighting! no NA server is even close to them.

I disagree.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shifty.4985

Shifty.4985

I feel that VS suck in open field play, yet when it comes to defending towers/keeps and taking them i feel they are a lot stronger some how

never the less it would be awesome if somehow anet can arrange a Na T1 Vs EU T1 aswell as NA T2 Vs EU T2 etc… would be awesome to see how it differs

Ex [HB]|[IRON][][RIP][RawR]
The rebirth begins

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

SoS, SoR and TC are all "very high" server if you look the server list.

TC be so very high sky be crying trolls think it rain.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

I disagree.

its my OPINION, do u know what it means?

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Godsend.3815

Godsend.3815

I disagree.

its my OPINION, do u know what it means?

I believe he does. He was just stating his as well.

Käï | Sanctum

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Haha, SoR is out in FORCE today. Only had a handful on EBG trying to take some of our stuff back, but having fun anyway.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

They just introduced new PvE Content and Minis…. almost all the Maps around LA just went into Overflow on TC

NAGA|TC

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

They just introduced new PvE Content and Minis…. almost all the Maps around LA just went into Overflow on TC

Yeah, I feel that our WvW population will be somewhat….lacking…the next couple days.

ANet! Grr.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

The more interesting story line is that SoR and BG are only 3 glicko points away from swapping spots… wonder which server will have an easier time gaining ranking.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Yeah, I feel that our WvW population will be somewhat….lacking…the next couple days.

ANet! Grr.

If it makes you feel better, I think SoS isn’t going to take advantage…or will we?

Seriously though, I see that IRON isn’t interested in dragon coffers, or are just really motivated to cap everything so they can get to them. +510PPT on a day new content was released? I admit, Canach was a snore; but even I took a day out to check it out.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: renmei.3102

renmei.3102

Can anyone confirm if these dragon coffers drop off enemies in wvw? I want that staff and shield for my guardian so bad but grinding mobs just.. bleh.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Can anyone confirm if these dragon coffers drop off enemies in wvw? I want that staff and shield for my guardian so bad but grinding mobs just.. bleh.

I don’t know if they drop off players, but they do drop off NPCs. I got one this morning. Only played for about 5 minutes, too. Not sure what the rate is.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Yshyr.8709

Yshyr.8709

ANet! Grr.

If it makes you feel better, I think SoS isn’t going to take advantage…or will we?

Seriously though, I see that IRON isn’t interested in dragon coffers, or are just really motivated to cap everything so they can get to them. +510PPT on a day new content was released? I admit, Canach was a snore; but even I took a day out to check it out.

SoR has a sizable population that never sets foot in pve.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

ANet! Grr.

SoR has a sizable population that never sets foot in pve.

Yeah, this is pretty much what I expected.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Offski.4897

VS cannot fight SOR, sor is too stacked for them, but then VS is 1 timezone server.

they might be as good as JQ currently, but not on par with SOR/BG in terms of coverage

Really Salluks??

they have one tactic/strategy – pvd everything when there is no opposition at all, get t3 and put a load of ac’s up and then camp every tower/keep. They never won/win in prime time. You do spout some rubbish sometimes.

Offski

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Offski.4897

ANet! Grr.

Majprity of our players dont do pve. Also we are starting to get worried about our rating as BG are about to go above us (Ahh what are Anet thinking), which means we may well get another one sided match up next week.

Pls note I am not talking about skill, but about coverage.

Offski

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

ANet! Grr.

Majprity of our players dont do pve. Also we are starting to get worried about our rating as BG are about to go above us (Ahh what are Anet thinking), which means we may well get another one sided match up next week.

Pls note I am not talking about skill, but about coverage.

Eh, not that it matters all that much. A particularly bad random roll could send them to T3 even if they are rated above you…

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Also we are starting to get worried about our rating as BG are about to go above us (Ahh what are Anet thinking), which means we may well get another one sided match up next week.

Please note there is little-to-nothing you can do to influence that by PvDooring your Rating up. SoR entered the week with a roughly 70 point lead on BG and still ended up getting paired with the #4 and #7 Ranked Servers. BG finishing 5-10 Rating higher than you isn’t going to put them out of reach nor reduce the chances of you facing them.

If you want to “play for the Gold Medal” fine but stressing about Rating for future matchups doesn’t really make sense. The amount of RNG is just too high right now.

NAGA|TC

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

The amount of RNG is just too high right now.

Pretty much this. The weight of the random roll should be cut in half from what it currently is.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Catixie.6351

Catixie.6351

New Minis?!?!?! Must.. Wake up properly… And seeeeee before I go and take the little one to kindy. Yay minis.

Great week so far, Thanks to SoR for all the open field bags and I’ve hoped you enjoy mine too o/

@ The SoR I knocked off the cliff in Garri last night while he tried to beat on my up leveled ranger, Thanks for the laugh I was sure my neighbours heard it too

Katixie TC

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zen.8497

Zen.8497

Majority of our players dont do pve. Also we are starting to get worried about our rating as BG are about to go above us (Ahh what are Anet thinking), which means we may well get another one sided match up next week.

The new system is messed up considering that a sever can outrank another from rating outside of a direct confrontation. Any competitive ranking needs to be transparent and should never be based on gambling. The random roll can favour a server or another rating outcome based on the matchups. regardless of the true server strength. There is no way to verify the random roll and there is no 3rd party involved to predict and verify the results. It seems that Millenium site also waiting for ANet to provide the random roll (through the API or leaderboards) before the end of the matchup so they would then be able to predict next matchups.

Grand Emperor Of Common Sense

(edited by Zen.8497)

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

So we face a force easily 3x the size of our 20 person zerg on TCBL, they drive us back to garrison from bay, and then they simultaneously /laugh at us. My chat log is having convulsions right about now.

Keep it classy, SoR. Keep it classy.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: uneditedbrute.8136

uneditedbrute.8136

i usually don’t post my videos on the official forums, however, im bored and LOVE getting trolled so here you go!
http://youtu.be/GQUet1prmY4

-Marrett-
-=Charr Jesus=-
[ZN] Zero Negative of Blackgate

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

So we face a force easily 3x the size of our 20 person zerg on TCBL, they drive us back to garrison from bay, and then they simultaneously /laugh at us. My chat log is having convulsions right about now.

That was just to get your guys to charge out it wasn’t anything personal.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

i usually don’t post my videos on the official forums, however, im bored and LOVE getting trolled so here you go!
http://youtu.be/GQUet1prmY4

Cool charr toon.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Majority of our players dont do pve. Also we are starting to get worried about our rating as BG are about to go above us (Ahh what are Anet thinking), which means we may well get another one sided match up next week.

The new system is messed up considering that a sever can outrank another from rating outside of a direct confrontation. Any competitive ranking needs to be transparent and should never be based on gambling. The random roll can favour a server or another rating outcome based on the matchups. regardless of the true server strength. There is no way to verify the random roll and there is no 3rd party involved to predict and verify the results. It seems that Millenium site also waiting for ANet to provide the random roll (through the API or leaderboards) before the end of the matchup so they would then be able to predict next matchups.

That could happen in the old system as well.

BeeGee
Beast mode

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Into 3x our number? Not likely. xD

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

The more interesting story line is that SoR and BG are only 3 glicko points away from swapping spots… wonder which server will have an easier time gaining ranking.

Rating has very little meaning anymore. Just the fact that a tier 1 NA server, by random luck of the draw, got matched with out-coveraged servers results in a huge loss of rating unless you completely crush them into the ground. On reset night, as soon as the new matchup was set we lost 100 rating, which sucks, but it’s whatever. Not sure how much rating BG is getting as I haven’t looked at their rating, but presumably a bunch pretty easily with the DB/JQ matchup.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Karnage.6749

Karnage.6749

Btw, you guys had more than us at Bay with your little catapult attempt on the gate. We wiped half your zerg the rest of you ran and then regrouped and then got pushed back to your garrison gates. We ended up pushing you back three different times. Where you get we had “3x your number” and only 20 people is hilarious. You had about 20 people initially guarding the catapults alone then another 30-40 stacked/grouped. We enjoyed cutting through you like warm bread.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Context? who/who, what, when?

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Floy.2056

Floy.2056

Into 3x our number? Not likely. xD

From our perspective, you had greater numbers than us, our commander found it hilarious that you were running when you had such a big Zerg, the laughing wasn’t meant as anything malicious, we just found the situation of a 60 man Zerg running away from us humerous.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Karnage.6749

If you call “running” standing at your garrison sentry and wiping you three times. Oh, and then there was the time we wiped you when you tried to go save your supply camp next to bay.. Shucks though we sure did “run.” :p

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Karnage.6749

Oh btw we had about 30 initially with the IRON commander and then about 45 after we wiped you three times.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

We had a terrific fight on SoS bl my playtime last night. Both TC and SoR made some huge pushes and SoS held and pushed wherever possible.

All servers/individuals have their own motivation for playing or not, but I thank those who turn up and provide the fun each week.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Floy.2056

Floy.2056

If you call “running” standing at your garrison sentry and wiping you three times. Oh, and then there was the time we wiped you when you tried to go save your supply camp next to bay.. Shucks though we sure did “run.” :p

I’m not sure what group you wiped 3 times, but it wasn’t the same group that was /laughing at you.

6/7 SoR/ TC/ SoS

in Match-ups

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

I’m not sure what group you wiped 3 times, but it wasn’t the same group that was /laughing at you.

No, he was with the SoR Group doing the laughing, and providing such a wonderful example for his community just like his posts here.

NAGA|TC