Gunnar/Piken/Riverside - 31/5

in Match-ups

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

Piken, go find your own SM! .. oh wait :S

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in Match-ups

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

A picture is worth a thousand words.
(Note the time stamp on this screenshot.)

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

Cunning Gunnar’s strikes again.

Cheers for the commander, don’t forget about the wall next time tho :P
http://imageshack.us/a/img515/9674/gw130e.jpg

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bond.4602

Bond.4602

Enjoying this week, it is certainly a challenge.

RS you guys certainly seem to know how to use siege, you do seem a bit more defensive but that is no criticism.
PS had some awesome open field battles your guild groups are hard cookies to crack.

Looking forward to making it on a few more times this week and playing y’all.

Skirr
37 WvW kills, R2 PvP and no legendary

in Match-ups

Posted by: Raybunny.6190

Raybunny.6190

Don’t feel sorry, it will just be boring, because I am not inclined to even bother spending time in WvW when we are so thoroughly mismatched. Both Piken Square and Riverside can field mor people on 1 map than we can on all 4 combined. I will be PvEing this week. Maybe A-Net can get it right next week.

This says it all. I liked the small fights we had the last 2 weeks. Now its just big blobs against a few of us. If you already check the maps, u can already see the outcome of this match-up.

Thanks Anet, well done on this mess.

For this reason, I’m out.

Same. Our fights last 2 weeks on T7 were epic. We like to be on that Tier and that is where we have the most of fun. We will see next week. So no one should feel sorry for us.

Raybunny – Warrior
[Midnight Mayhem] – Gunnar’s Hold

in Match-ups

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

Had some nice duels with RS guild [KEKS] last night /salute, feel free to /whisper me to organize duels

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

Had some nice fights against gunnars @ the north gate of SM last night, when I was on my S/D Ele. I must have been particularly annoying last night as apparently a lot of you gunnars wanted to kill me lol/salute to the D/D Ele from the HT guild that gave me some nice fights, finished the night with a nice Duel with a FURY warrior , I don’t normally hang out in EB, normally roaming the borders, was pleasantly surprised by the fights I had so might stick my head in more often.

I already do some regular duelling with gunnars, but will defo visit the windmill area tonight in gunnars borders for some duels, if that’s the official area for it.

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

(edited by Loco.4561)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Commanche.3985

Commanche.3985

DRUCKWELLE [dw] wants to thank HoB for the GvG. We had a great time and enjoyed the fights. It was often very close! Thanks also to the visitors, who cheered and watched the game (I saw FURY, VII, GoW, IF). It was a pitty we had to delay our GvG due to some ppl disturbing it. Nevertheless, thanks for the evening, hope to see you again soon!

Anyone who’s interested, we streamed the evening. Once Guardian POV (http://www.twitch.tv/c0mm4nch3/b/412566299 starting at 1:33:00) and Elementalist POV (http://www.twitch.tv/lildriz/b/412568198 starting at 1:27:00). Have fun

Commi

[dw] Commï
DRUCKWELLE
Riverside

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vayle.7964

Vayle.7964

yesterday afternoon, I had about 20 people in RSBL, first we tried golemrush on Bay but since there was a billion ac’s in there we couldn’t get any further then getting the inner gate down.

after that we had a mass battle for greenvale and greenbrair. this battle was something like 20 vs 90, from which the 90 were of course on the rs side.

during this battle we took down brair walls and gate down for 3 times, after which we saw views inside like in the attached screenshot. (dat ac’s)

after a long struggle, we capt brair (against that 90 men blob), after which RS bunkered inside Vale and built 2 trebs to hit Brair, besides that they had about 5 superior arrowcarts and a couple of normal ones inside the camp, which was the reason they took Brair back. (I still wonder why not just ram the gate down with 90 people)

but it was great fun ^^

Attachments:

Commander Vayle The Eternal,
Guild Leader Varangian Guard [VG]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kyven.7514

Kyven.7514

Vayle: pass along my props to the guy who has the zombie looking sylvari in your party. He looks really cool.

Killing yaks at midnight/1am my time (5-6am GMT) was all fun and games until i became someone’s loot bag. PS norn warrior guy gaveme a good chase until he got me in the end. Oh well!

Lareswen-Human Warrior/Zinnia Epsilon-Asura Mesmer
The Tyrian Institute (TI)
One of the few Americans on Gunnar’s Hold (EU)

in Match-ups

Posted by: street.2176

street.2176

yesterday afternoon, I had about 20 people in RSBL, first we tried golemrush on Bay but since there was a billion ac’s in there we couldn’t get any further then getting the inner gate down.

after that we had a mass battle for greenvale and greenbrair. this battle was something like 20 vs 90, from which the 90 were of course on the rs side.

during this battle we took down brair walls and gate down for 3 times, after which we saw views inside like in the attached screenshot. (dat ac’s)

after a long struggle, we capt brair (against that 90 men blob), after which RS bunkered inside Vale and built 2 trebs to hit Brair, besides that they had about 5 superior arrowcarts and a couple of normal ones inside the camp, which was the reason they took Brair back. (I still wonder why not just ram the gate down with 90 people)

but it was great fun ^^

Dont forget to mention that RS didnt build any AC that afternoon on open field, that the 2 golem rush (which cost you some normal Golems and 4 Omegas) failed at outer Gate of Bay, the billion Trebs you lost and that you had 6-7 AC in briar before we capped it.
Oh, and also that PS also played with a blob often, though nvm, Im sure it was a coincidential meeting of FG, INC, some other PS Guild i dont remember and friendlies running together…

Oh and we probably didnt just “ram the door down with 90 people” because we werent even 90 People. But go on believing that we can only win when we outman PS 3:1 and build ACs…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rompy.1429

Rompy.1429

ITT: Pikeys complain about RS playing defensively and using siege as much as they please, calling them cowards and cheaters.

There, saved you 8 pages of text.

Regards, your friendly neighborhood Asura from Gunnar’s.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vayle.7964

Vayle.7964

wait… did I complain? I dont see where I complained… I said I had fun that afternoon while fighting while heavily outmanned… I didn’t complain…

and omegas? I dont know what you are talking of, but my golem rush only contained 6 alphas. there is no need for massive amounts of golems in my opinion, besides that, I wasn’t there when FG and INC fought together, because I always run my small Goodgame [GG] raid seperately (except when we are needed to take a keep together with [KA] for example which happened sunday I think)

also btw, great thnx to [VM] who gave us lots of fun earlier this week.

Commander Vayle The Eternal,
Guild Leader Varangian Guard [VG]

(edited by Vayle.7964)

in Match-ups

Posted by: cubed.2853

cubed.2853

I feel like fighting against Guardian Square… ;-)

it was written…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jesus.2619

Jesus.2619

Some name calling because it’s frustrating: [SA] farming ppl 2vs1 at the windmill.

[BNF]/[TDA]
Angrywheelchairman/Safetyfirstman
(currently on Piken)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runty Choir.4893

Runty Choir.4893

I dont want to moan too much this week but seeing Golden Horde and Sparta running hand in hand on GH border in a massive blob was rediculous. GH have gone toe to toe with Redguard so why arent you guys roaming or just running as a guild? why do you feel the need to crush us so hard with those numbers? RS blobs arent too hard to fight and even with their numbers we can still have fun but you guys are solid guilds on your own, why do you need to adopt the blob playstyle?

Alpha
Victrixx [xVx]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jue.6493

Jue.6493

I dont want to moan too much this week but seeing Golden Horde and Sparta running hand in hand on GH border in a massive blob was rediculous. GH have gone toe to toe with Redguard so why arent you guys roaming or just running as a guild? why do you feel the need to crush us so hard with those numbers? RS blobs arent too hard to fight and even with their numbers we can still have fun but you guys are solid guilds on your own, why do you need to adopt the blob playstyle?

I may be wrong but I believe Golden Hordes usual raid leader (Richmond) took a break, probably what you are seeing is [GH] combining with Sparta because a lack of raid leader?

in Match-ups

Posted by: AngelsShadow.7360

AngelsShadow.7360

Gunnars just put up an amazing fight, taking back their own tower when we had just captured it!

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

I may be wrong but I believe Golden Hordes usual raid leader (Richmond) took a break, probably what you are seeing is [GH] combining with Sparta because a lack of raid leader?

Richmond as many of my guildmates are gradually returning to active WvW raiding. I’m not playing GW2 this week and wouldn’t be the next one so I can only guess. At our prime we were running 25 tops, usually 20-ish. Now it is more like 10. You can’t do much on global scale with 10-15 and we neither are used to small-scale mentality nor find much fun in that. I mean the tasks small forces usually take responsibility for.

AFAIK Sparta doesn’t run big numbers atm either (though I may be wrong on that) so I wonder how two of us could form a “massive blob”.

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Schtizzel.5497

Schtizzel.5497

Would be nice if [FG] doesn’t blob on Piken Borderlands. VU wanna look for some fair open field fights…

(edited by Schtizzel.5497)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Balzamon.1396

Balzamon.1396

we have the only commander there and even when we would badge down and just play for us and not the server the friendlies would follow us

Commander Ireth Alcàrin [NíP]
Piken Square
Community Officer @ http://gw2community.com/

(edited by Balzamon.1396)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Koots.9608

Koots.9608

Vayle: pass along my props to the guy who has the zombie looking sylvari in your party. He looks really cool.

http://i.imgur.com/SLzJf4s.jpg

Never thought about it as a zombie look until people in my guild mentioned it.

Matt, [SWD], Piken Square

in Match-ups

Balzamon.1396

yeah we blob…
;)

Attachments:

Piken Square

(edited by Balzamon.1396)

in Match-ups

Posted by: qweman.5298

qweman.5298

Also Pikeners love eating little babies

https://www.youtube.com/user/trial19911
Qwe Man
Visceral Effect [vE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

Would be nice if [FG] doesn’t blob on Piken Borderlands. VU wanna look for some fair open field fights…

Yeah because you make a lot of sense. You were chasing us near bay with ~70 people.
We got 1 FG commander with loads of friendlies following us, clearly you have 2 groups, VU and the pug (?) group, yet you still decide to group up to blob us. Well done.

Tried to make a screenshot because that was actually the biggest blob of red names I’ve seen, too bad I crashed and the screenshot was blank. ;[ Not worth it.

Just stop making these pointless comments.

in Match-ups

Posted by: BloodyB.4320

BloodyB.4320

VU again tell a story about how there were only 30+ ,when in fact they are always moving in blob with another raid and have more than 70+?
Lol

Guild Leader of the No Limit [RuNL]

in Match-ups

Yaro.3251

I wish we had some kind of enemy/friendlies counter built-in. Like many other MMOs have in form of add-ons. Something that would report that there’s x friendlies and y enemies in a 1200 feet circle around your character. Or something like that.

I my opinion this game lacks horribly in the area of extensibility in general and all kinds of live info/stats in particular.

You see a sea of red nameplates on the screen but green ones are scattered or maybe partially behind you. You make tactical decisions based on this kind of [mis]information which is bad on itself, but then you come to forums and complain about enemy’s blobbing and your opponents think “wth is he talking about, it was exactly opposite!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: street.2176

street.2176

Of course you do.

So, are the other 30-40 people with you there just to observe, or…?

Thats around 40 RS Players and 27-30 PS you can see on the minimap.
So much for the big 70-80 Blob some ppl are making up again.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lert.6287

Lert.6287

Thanks to Piken and 10min after to Riverside for letting me take tower twice for my own. You guys da best! Keep the “good” work.

Attachments:

Engineer / Piken Square
Former Team Psy [Psy] member/ [BNF] guest
YT Channel

in Match-ups

Yaro.3251

Try this with rest of professions and then come back. THEN maybe we’ll be impressed.

Thief doing his job well. Wow. What else is new….

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zgorzel.4902

Zgorzel.4902

Try this with rest of professions and then come back. THEN maybe we’ll be impressed.

Umm, isn’t that an elem in the picture?

Midnight Mayhem [MM] – Gunnar’s Hold
Gunnar’s Hold Server Forum

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kyven.7514

Kyven.7514

http://i.imgur.com/SLzJf4s.jpg

Never thought about it as a zombie look until people in my guild mentioned it.

Well whatever it is, it’s kitten cool.

Lareswen-Human Warrior/Zinnia Epsilon-Asura Mesmer
The Tyrian Institute (TI)
One of the few Americans on Gunnar’s Hold (EU)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pheppo.9286

Pheppo.9286

VU again tell a story about how there were only 30+ ,when in fact they are always moving in blob with another raid and have more than 70+?
Lol

Give us a break. We run for about 2 hours on our own with about 25 people. At our raid end we have been asked to support the current map-commander to support him tapping the bay.
Thats why we joint together for this one action to counter your massive blob.

So be cool now and stop flaming Its all about fun guys ^^

Server: Riverside [DE]
Chars: The fluffy Flapsi (Ele), Fipsip (Mesmer), Flappo (Necro), Fenix (Engi)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Schtizzel.5497

Schtizzel.5497

@all the haters:
As a reaction to the big piken blob, we cooperated with LLS+Zornig so we could stand a chance against you. Nothing more, nothing less…

in Match-ups

Posted by: flowjob.7934

flowjob.7934

Pikens should just shut up. They blobb more than we do. Here another example. 50-60 Piken for only 1 kittening T1-Tower, you guys are so awesome … NOT! You need 15 minutes, 3 trebs, 2 ac’s and 2 katas to take this tower. HAHAHA

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: ConnorHD.3842

ConnorHD.3842

Had some nice fights against gunnars @ the north gate of SM last night, when I was on my S/D Ele. I must have been particularly annoying last night as apparently a lot of you gunnars wanted to kill me lol/salute to the D/D Ele from the HT guild that gave me some nice fights, finished the night with a nice Duel with a FURY warrior , I don’t normally hang out in EB, normally roaming the borders, was pleasantly surprised by the fights I had so might stick my head in more often.

I already do some regular duelling with gunnars, but will defo visit the windmill area tonight in gunnars borders for some duels, if that’s the official area for it.

I was that ele and yeah those were fun fights!

Conleav – Elementalist
[JDGE] – Gandara

in Match-ups

Yaro.3251

Umm, isn’t that an elem in the picture?

Oh wow. I don’t know why I thought that was a thief. There was a reason for that, I’m convinced… LoL. Anyway, they must have been way too busy with something else to leave an elem inside. Point taken, nice job

in Match-ups

Yaro.3251

Pikens should just shut up. They blobb more than we do. Here another example. 50-60 Piken for only 1 kittening T1-Tower, you guys are so awesome … NOT! You need 15 minutes, 3 trebs, 2 ac’s and 2 katas to take this tower. HAHAHA

It’s 40 at best by the count on screenshot but yeah, that’s more than enough. Was there anything else on the map that required urgent attention of anyone on this screen?

in Match-ups

Posted by: shinta.8906

shinta.8906

no need to get unpolite. it happens on both sides except of one.

was fun repping the wall in front of your eyes – nearly got my eyes closed awaiting your beatings – and try to farm as much as i can after.

in Match-ups

Posted by: onion.4213

onion.4213

To be honest this match up has been very positive for Gunner’s. Fighting against bigger numbers tends to focus the mind some what and we have come up with tactics and ways of taking keeps that before we would never have thought of.
We move better than we did and seem to be more aware of what is happening and are reacting quicker than we ever did before. Our zerg is more disciplined and I’m sure our WvW guilds have taken a lot of good from it too.
I don’t feel any animosity towards any of the servers we have faced this week, we all play the game differently but we have taken a lot from this and to be honest I feel sorry for whoever we face next week.
Thanks to all for the fights and for an educational week.

Jonni Braavo 80 Ranger—-Ben Braavo 80 Guardian.
[MM] Midnight Mayhem-Gunner’s Hold

(edited by onion.4213)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Lol

Give us a break. We run for about 2 hours on our own with about 25 people. At our raid end we have been asked to support the current map-commander to support him tapping the bay.
Thats why we joint together for this one action to counter your massive blob.

So be cool now and stop flaming Its all about fun guys ^^

That is actually incredibly flattering, considering the “massive blob” in the zone (ie FG, the only sizeable guild there) had roughly the same numbers. When we won, it was mostly tactics, not numbers. We got the better of you this entire evening, except when the 60+ blob gave us little option but to attack (cant exactly flee it, except I did survive lol). VU nearly managed to wipe FG at the hills left walls due to having high ground and siege – the only reason we won was because hills was untagged and we could quickly regroup by respawning.

Anyway, wtf was Gunnar doing in bay in Piken border, lol? You had 30+ if not more people inside and Piken had less than 10 random people inside on a PUG commander. You cleared us easily on the hill, yet you didnt attack inner (we didnt really expect to win, we just wanted to fight). After that we where just standing on the wall observing you. When you ran out everyone was just lulwat?!?! and ran out after despite knowing full well that your 3x size group would wipe us again.

I honestly think that is the first time an enemy guild has literally bored me to death.

in Match-ups

Posted by: genowefapigwa.5769

genowefapigwa.5769

Inc was there close to 5 min. We collected our bonus for tower . Hob farmed the noobs inside. You are riverside and you cannot fight without AC outside buildings

Goraca Mariola
INC&Garaz Runkaraki
Ele from Piken Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: JoiLink.5084

JoiLink.5084

Pikens should just shut up.

Okay =(

Attachments:

Golden Horde [GH]
Desolation

in Match-ups

Posted by: Flower.3476

Flower.3476

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

Classic Riverside
Man is all about the Points!!!

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: genowefapigwa.5769

genowefapigwa.5769

GH \o/ Who is the man with the red ring ?
https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/76417/__________3.jpg

Goraca Mariola
INC&Garaz Runkaraki
Ele from Piken Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runty Choir.4893

Runty Choir.4893

Yea thats nice but for the first 2 hours you werent solo. Once you flipped everything you may have roamed. I got respect for GH you guys are a very good guild but for that reason i wanted to meet you guys in the field alone.

Alpha
Victrixx [xVx]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Harmonizer.4210

Harmonizer.4210

Did RS seriously exploit cap SM?

…………………………………………………….

If not, please tell me how. I hear you had golems.. but you guys didn’t have enough supply to build golems, nor the ability to get them to the door without being spotted… everyone here is baffled.

(edited by Harmonizer.4210)

in Match-ups

Balzamon.1396

they have a fully upgraded BL supply for golems is not hard to get

Piken Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rich.1528

Rich.1528

I dont want to moan too much this week but seeing Golden Horde and Sparta running hand in hand on GH border in a massive blob was rediculous.

You’re talking about 4 guys from Sparta, who joined to my guilraid yesterday? Or i dunno

Richmond
Golden Horde [GH]