The NA Bronze League Thread

in Match-ups

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

Good luck SF, HoD and GoM on the next match up.

I, personally, will be rooting for SF. Go spread the bro-mination, big bro!

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

Week 4 about to hit. We (DR) might get our only semi decent match of the league. DH will win of course but we used to face them often and there numbers weren’t near what hod sf or gom is putting out unless things have changed since our last bout. Speaking of this is probably the deciding week of the league with hod sf and gom all playing each other. We will get to see which is putting out the most numbers/coverage since we all know that’s what wins wvw. If I had to guess since we have played all 3 already I think sf put out the most coverage.

in Match-ups

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

The battle of the night/morning crews shall decide this match

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Match-ups

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

I looked at the poll and realized it would end up being a popularity contest.

See above posts.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

Week 4 about to hit. We (DR) might get our only semi decent match of the league. DH will win of course but we used to face them often and there numbers weren’t near what hod sf or gom is putting out unless things have changed since our last bout. Speaking of this is probably the deciding week of the league with hod sf and gom all playing each other. We will get to see which is putting out the most numbers/coverage since we all know that’s what wins wvw. If I had to guess since we have played all 3 already I think sf put out the most coverage.

We outnumbered HoD in the first 3 days of our matchup rofl (IMO at least), they just beat us anyways.

I really hope GoM does well in the next match, I want them to win so bad rofl. Other than that, it’ll just be SF’s zerg Vs. HoD’s skill/organization tbh, though I think SF’s numbers will win it for them in the end.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

(edited by Arius.7031)

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

That’s what we thought too, but HoD took like a 500 PPT on reset night while we had 2 queues and enough people to queue a third map but spread across the other 2.

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/46/

Bring your A game on reset night, numbers won’t be enough.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

clint.5681

That’s what we thought too, but HoD took like a 500 PPT on reset night while we had 2 queues and enough people to queue a third map but spread across the other 2.

Huh i thoroughly confused as to why people think we have more numbers? I mean we haven’t fought HoD in a while but I would think they had more.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior

in Match-ups

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Huh i thoroughly confused as to why people think we have more numbers? I mean we haven’t fought HoD in a while but I would think they had more.

Based off WvW population speculation based off the last time IoJ fought them, SF had more NA. However HoD has more off hour coverage, even if it is only 10-20 people. They can pvdoor all night.

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

I have fought you both. SF waaayyyyyy outnumbers HoD, at least based on our matchup with SF and HoD. I mean, Dh outnumbers HoD, and SF zerged US into submission.

Edit: This may have changed, no idea, just saying based on our week 1 matchup against SF and our current matchup against HoD.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

clint.5681

Based off WvW population speculation based off the last time IoJ fought them, SF had more NA. However HoD has more off hour coverage, even if it is only 10-20 people. They can pvdoor all night.

Ahh alright well that makes sense. All i can say is lets have fun this match and no QQ.

in Match-ups

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

Dunno about now, but on ET’s match against HoD, they could pull easily 25-30 on early morning on EB map. It was hard for us to keep up, DR put one heck of a fight also, which led to our defeat.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

(edited by azyume.6321)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Dunno about now, but on ET’s match against HoD, they could pull easily 25-30 on early morning on EB map. It was hard for us to keep up, DR put one heck of a fight also, which led to our defeat.

Everyone zerged ET on EB, simply because ET doesn’t like EB… Even Kain and GoM kept zerging us there… With orange swords… At all times…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in Match-ups

clint.5681

I felt like we needed another thread to talk about the SF/HoD match up. I mean we have 3 so far, why not four?

in Match-ups

Posted by: madchatter.7964

madchatter.7964

Only reason threads get closed is because they are full of tears from the losing sides. Since this should be a competitive match up and HoD and GoM seems to have some cool cats on their forum crew i doubt that will happen.

I also wish i could set up a betting system but idk if thats against Anets rules or not.

Would you settle for a polling system? :P
http://strawpoll.me/673580

I want to lodge a complaint. This seems to only let you vote once per IP. Since there are two of us one the same IP, I do not get a vote.

I DEMAND A RECOUNT!!!

:P

GoM – [ASH] | Check out the GoMmunity!
main: Medeina (human d/d ele)
alts: yes xP

in Match-ups

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Only reason threads get closed is because they are full of tears from the losing sides. Since this should be a competitive match up and HoD and GoM seems to have some cool cats on their forum crew i doubt that will happen.

I also wish i could set up a betting system but idk if thats against Anets rules or not.

I want to lodge a complaint. This seems to only let you vote once per IP. Since there are two of us one the same IP, I do not get a vote.

I DEMAND A RECOUNT!!!

Halp! HoD is zerging our strawpoll!

in Match-ups

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

I DEMAND A RECOUNT!!!

Everyone WP, we can still save it! [Strawpoll Waypoint]

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

in Match-ups

Posted by: madchatter.7964

madchatter.7964

I DEMAND A RECOUNT!!!

Everyone WP, we can still save it! [Strawpoll Waypoint]

What’s the timer???

GoM – [ASH] | Check out the GoMmunity!
main: Medeina (human d/d ele)
alts: yes xP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Plains of Ashes.5941

Plains of Ashes.5941

AR ahead of ET right now. can they tie up last? Does GoM need second to stay in the hunt for 3rd in bronze? HoD and SF too close to call! Can Kain upset zerghaven? Loving bronze league i have to admit it!

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

AR ahead of ET right now. can they tie up last? Does GoM need second to stay in the hunt for 3rd in bronze? HoD and SF too close to call! Can Kain upset zerghaven? Loving bronze league i have to admit it!

Its wierd… ET beat Kain, Kain beat AR and AR beat ET… I guess we are the rock/paper/scissors.

BTW, we’ll not tie in last because ET and AR will face each other again next week: GoM/ET/AR (It will be a tie breakers unless ET get 2nd on week 6 and AR get 3rd). But HoD and SF can tie in first, if they win 1 each.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in Match-ups

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Its not that unusual. when there is a really strong server against 2 weaker servers the stronger server has a huge influence in who takes second place.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Plains of Ashes.5941

Plains of Ashes.5941

Its wierd… ET beat Kain, Kain beat AR and AR beat ET… I guess we are the rock/paper/scissors.

BTW, we’ll not tie in last because ET and AR will face each other again next week: GoM/ET/AR (It will be a tie breakers unless ET get 2nd on week 6 and AR get 3rd). But HoD and SF can tie in first, if they win 1 each.

AR needs a second this week to at least tie it up, but yeah AR has its work cut out for them to get the coveted “not-last!” bragging rights.

in Match-ups

clint.5681

Well we will see how the scores look once the weekday hits. I doubt AR can keep up with ET during the weekday, thy have forever been in last place for a reason.

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

Well we will see how the scores look once the weekday hits. I doubt AR can keep up with ET during the weekday, thy have forever been in last place for a reason.

It will ultimately be defined by who FC will roll over… As the current ET state, I’d say it’s pretty much even paired with AR, and that we were lucky of actually getting second from Kaineng last week.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

We just had 25+ AR at one side of our Garrison with another 25+ Fergs at the other side of our Garrison breaking down two gates, with golems, simultaneously, I think this is exciting times.

Good job, ET on the repel! It was hairy stuff.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

This SF /HoD/GoM match is nucking futs.

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

in Match-ups

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Matchup is meh at best…Mainly just huge zergs running at off-peak times (in relation to each other). HoD zergs, then disappears, SF zergs then dwindles, then GoM takes up the slack.

Would probably be a lot more fun if the times were more in sync (did someone say NSync?)…As it stands now HoD can just PVdoor at 3am NA and win this thing.

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

Most probably know this already but this schedule overall is not balanced.

FC and DH are basically fighting over 3rd place. They play each other twice. If they go 1 and 1 split, then DH gets 3rd place because DH only has HoD/SF in 3 of their matches where FC has HoD 3 times and SF once.

stupid system. 8 weeks could have had every server play every server twice. instead we get ET once and AR once and HoD 3 times???

so no matter what happens the league is already decided:

1st HoD
2nd SF
3rd DH

in Match-ups

Draygo.9473

Its 7 weeks not 8. Unless your point is that leagues should be 8 weeks long? I think the reason for an odd number of weeks is to reduce the possibility of a tie.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in Match-ups

Solstice.1097

Its 7 weeks not 8. Unless your point is that leagues should be 8 weeks long? I think the reason for an odd number of weeks is to reduce the possibility of a tie.

it should be 8 so every server plays all servers twice. not some once and some 3 times.

it might not be so bad if the ratings were accurate and Kaineng wasn’t rank 1 lol.

in Match-ups

Draygo.9473

If people didn’t try so hard to keep kaineng in silver kaineng wouldn’t have been ranked 1 in bronze at the start of the season.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in Match-ups

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

Well at least we have mostly proven that we weren’t tanking on purpose.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

HoD folks, do you think Dh will stand a chance against SF in week 7?

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Draygo.9473

My guess is no having faced both servers. Unless they implode this week because of HoD.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tossed Fish.7380

Tossed Fish.7380

Man, my predictions is all kittened up now.

Tossed Fish//Necromancer
Valkyria Immortalis [VLK]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sean.8274

Sean.8274

SF will destroy you in prime time…they are very formidable until about 3am EST. However their 24h coverage is not strong. DH seemed strong around mid-day/early afternoon NA…if you guys can hit hard then, you may or may not have a chance.

From what I can tell SF is a tight group, with some good and interesting tactics, I have learned a few things from them. For one, they are very good at supply traps (something HoD needs to get better about). They tend to be a bit Omega happy (not unlike DH) so be ready for that — sentry your keeps all day. Always build cannons first! I noticed that about DH, you guys would fortify before you would build cannons…a pair of sentries on cannons can do major damage to a golem rush if prepared.

Lucy Ursa~80 Guardian | Worf Rozhenko~80 Warrior | Vera Valentine~80 Mesmer | Cupcake~80 Engi
King Arcturus X~80 Ranger | Suki Serra~80 Thief | Count Charon~80 Necro | Regulus Leo~80 Ele
HoD since launch

in Match-ups

Solstice.1097

i still don’t know how we beat SF 2 weeks before leagues started. they must have just not been prepared.

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

SF will destroy you in prime time…they are very formidable until about 3am EST. However their 24h coverage is not strong. DH seemed strong around mid-day/early afternoon NA…if you guys can hit hard then, you may or may not have a chance.

From what I can tell SF is a tight group, with some good and interesting tactics, I have learned a few things from them. For one, they are very good at supply traps (something HoD needs to get better about). They tend to be a bit Omega happy (not unlike DH) so be ready for that — sentry your keeps all day. Always build cannons first! I noticed that about DH, you guys would fortify before you would build cannons…a pair of sentries on cannons can do major damage to a golem rush if prepared.

Thanks for the tips. We’re looking to beat them in week 7 and take 2nd place, muahahahahahaa. Don’t lose either of your matchups or that won’t be possible -.-

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

i still don’t know how we beat SF 2 weeks before leagues started. they must have just not been prepared.

They probably just had a larger influx of achieve hunters and whatnot, giving their population a bigger boost than other servers. Same with GoM, they turned from a server that could barely match AR into a server that challenged FC and Dh lol.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Solstice.1097

Thanks for the tips. We’re looking to beat them in week 7 and take 2nd place, muahahahahahaa. Don’t lose either of your matchups or that won’t be possible -.-

we’re going to beat you next week, don’t get ahead of yourself

in Match-ups

clint.5681

SF was going through some things at the time and we weren’t playing as a server or helping each other. That was something that was brought up and we tried to work on. Losing to FC was a good wake up call for us.

in Match-ups

Solstice.1097

SF was going through some things at the time and we weren’t playing as a server or helping each other. That was something that was brought up and we tried to work on. Losing to FC was a good wake up call for us.

interesting. maybe HoD’s whooping will send you back to that place.

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

we’re going to beat you next week, don’t get ahead of yourself

Haha, I’m looking forward to that matchup so much.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

clint.5681

We can still beat DH and FC without a problem, lets not get too happy here lol

in Match-ups

Posted by: Talia.7412

Talia.7412

I definitely think you guys stand a good chance. SF may have huge primetime zergs, but they have gaping holes in their coverage. From what I’d seen last week, you definitely have a better spread around the clock. If you use that knowledge to your advantage, you will have the upperhand against them. Good luck!

Charter Vanguard [CV], on HoD since the betas
http://cv.englishmist.com

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

We can still beat DH and FC without a problem, lets not get too happy here lol

We’ll see : ).

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

clint.5681

So did everyone forget about our fight week 1?

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

That was weeks ago… We’ve changed.

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/28/119

HoD pulled way ahead of us for 2 days, which was around the time when Dh pretty much gave up. Before that (on monday of our matchup) we were closer to HoD than you are.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

As to learning from other servers. Yeah I start to carry supply traps with me now. I never realized how useful they could be.

in Match-ups

Solstice.1097

umm FC finished closer to HoD than DH did.

in Match-ups

clint.5681

That was weeks ago… We’ve changed.

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/28/119

HoD pulled way ahead of us for 2 days, which was around the time when Dh pretty much gave up. Before that (on monday of our matchup) we were closer to HoD than you are.

Alright, well will see like you said. I’d rather have an interesting make than a blow out any day.