Week 7 - FA/SBI/DB [Wagon burning 2.0]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

Hey grab, sorry I havent been replying to ya in game, you catch me commanding most of the time.

We should duel this friday :p

Commander Nachonix

in Match-ups

Posted by: grabemx.9836

grabemx.9836

Hey grab, sorry I havent been replying to ya in game, you catch me commanding most of the time.

We should duel this friday :p

Game on!

Grabemx – Worst Necro NA
[SIC] – Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

If you were the melee ranger, then you and I dueled quite a few times. Your warrior chums kept jumping in and made it impossible to finish. I was the SIC warrior that was “hard to catch” and was running with BURN. We made up a 4 man group for quite some time and a 5th joined later.

wowza. this roaming warrior with <20k kills has some words to drop on yall.

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

in Match-ups

Posted by: Newbkakes.4971

Newbkakes.4971

Shout outs to RET HOPE APS RAM and BOMB
Thanks for the lootbags;)
You guys are always fun to find on the map. Hope we can find more of you guys. You keep us on our toes!

Great matchup so far!

Wipin zergs since 2012
Former Too Kitten [BÆST] leader/founder
[TBT] The Black Tides since ’14

in Match-ups

Posted by: GabGar.4962

GabGar.4962

Ok, are you kidding me? .
Ok lets see what about the SBI spyes in my channel in Ts3, what about the SBI spyes in the map ? what about the spyes killing my omega golem in SBIBL BAY.

Espionage is nothing new to any game or any battle ….
is it honorable and super cool that it happened? nope
is FA the only server that does it, Hell no

Yes!! Finally a server that understands that these things happen and yes, it sucks, but it is not the whole servers fault. Maybe someone should explain that to Yaks. They don’t seem to get it.

Lol, I personally informed your spies where the zerg I commanded was, thats how we beat your sorry butt that glorious friday when SBi ended third and crying in the forums, sorry to say it but SBI is not even good at spying

in Match-ups

Posted by: Juunro.7082

Juunro.7082

Apropos of nothing, perma-stealth specced thieves will always, always get emoted at when they die, unless they are actively trying to get an objective such as a ruin. Because the only way for me to kill you is if you kitten up.

For example, the one from DB last night that I went three rounds with in the ruins? You are a pretty cool guy; shame we got interrupted by 7 FA.

The one from FA that spent all evening tapping the SE tower and then blinking away the second someone hit him so much as once? You are terrible and had I been able to catch you without getting jumped by three of your friends, I would have spiked your kitten and then tea-bagged your skull, unapologetically.

Anyway, rant aside, been having fun so far. Shame about the matchup though; I think the last week being FA/SBI/YB would have been great fun; heck, having the last round of the leagues being the top three servers in the league is how it ought to really have been.

Axe Murdering, Longbowing tiny Asura Mohawk’d Warrior

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sungtaro.6493

Sungtaro.6493

I’m still trying to find the effort where I give two kittens about drama my ex-guild leader may have stirred up. Might as well blame him for the first IOJ exodus too.

No. However, how old is he? Was he in Dallas in November 22 in 1963?

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

Is the uplevel draining SBIBL garri supply a Yaks Bend player? Are they still doing that? FA doesn’t have a reason to bother with that, so I’m curious.

No idea. It could very well be a player in SBI trolling ourselves for whatever reason. But this same guy was here last week. Have a tendency to follow Abyss. :/ Now he even talks in map chat deliberately trolling us in words too.

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Roquefort.4160

Roquefort.4160

good fights with Olaf and SUPR from SBI, and NNK/TFV from DB.
tonight has gotta be a highlight of the past 7 weeks for me. Olaf, erry time you ran in, our strategy was “drop everything on ourselves and tank” and you wiped every time haha.
and then NNK/TFV, i honestly have no idea how we beat you in SBI bay. like really, i thought you had us for sure. somehow we just hung on though.
SUPR you have a HUGE aoe punch, but everytime we went against you open field i made sure everyone avoided it. you wiped us in rogues because
a. i mistimed your entrance into the camp hahaha
and b. in that tight little space we couldnt get out of the aoe bomb.

good fights all around! been a fun week!

Unreal Aussies [uA]
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Is the uplevel draining SBIBL garri supply a Yaks Bend player? Are they still doing that? FA doesn’t have a reason to bother with that, so I’m curious.

No idea. It could very well be a player in SBI trolling ourselves for whatever reason. But this same guy was here last week. Have a tendency to follow Abyss. :/ Now he even talks in map chat deliberately trolling us in words too.

We had one follow us as well earlier in the week. I always thought the griefer(s) we’re actually from neither side, but simply claiming they were SBI or YB. Who knows really…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Adahilia.3678

Adahilia.3678

We had one follow us as well earlier in the week. I always thought the griefer(s) we’re actually from neither side, but simply claiming they were SBI or YB. Who knows really…..

Either way there should be an easier way to report this type of behavior with in game options. Just seems to me that most people don’t care about it unless it happens to them.

(edited by Adahilia.3678)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Apropos of nothing, perma-stealth specced thieves will always, always get emoted at when they die, unless they are actively trying to get an objective such as a ruin. Because the only way for me to kill you is if you kitten up.

For example, the one from DB last night that I went three rounds with in the ruins? You are a pretty cool guy; shame we got interrupted by 7 FA.

The one from FA that spent all evening tapping the SE tower and then blinking away the second someone hit him so much as once? You are terrible and had I been able to catch you without getting jumped by three of your friends, I would have spiked your kitten and then tea-bagged your skull, unapologetically.

Anyway, rant aside, been having fun so far. Shame about the matchup though; I think the last week being FA/SBI/YB would have been great fun; heck, having the last round of the leagues being the top three servers in the league is how it ought to really have been.

TL:DR

He hates thieves
He got owned last night
He wanted a different matchup

Many tears.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Heimlich.3065

Heimlich.3065

In the prior matchup thread, there are screenshots of supply-griefers playing on the YB server who are in SBI guilds (specifically Collecting Loot [Bags]) and in-party with SBI players.

Perhaps that explains why SBI players keep explaining to us how supply-griefing happens to everybody. Maybe it “happens” to every server that SBI faces, but it’s not something that I witnessed on YB in any other week of Season 1.

in Match-ups

Posted by: nikkistar.1409

nikkistar.1409

Maybe it “happens” to every server that SBI faces, but it’s not something that I witnessed on YB in any other week of Season 1.

I’ll concur with this statement. As much as I wvw, last week was the first time I have ever seen an opposing server have trolls that transfer over to grief. That’s not to say, there hasn’t been in the past, but they may have been less obvious in their endeavors. Maybe this time, they were more blatant about it and didn’t care. Who knows? I just know, this is the first time I have ever encountered it myself.

[Yak’s Bend] [BV] Blackwater ‘Buttwater’ Vanguard – Leader
Ele/Nanumee – Mez/Boba Bunny – Thief/Star Shadowfang

in Match-ups

Posted by: Adahilia.3678

Adahilia.3678

Maybe it “happens” to every server that SBI faces, but it’s not something that I witnessed on YB in any other week of Season 1.

I’ll concur with this statement. As much as I wvw, last week was the first time I have ever seen an opposing server have trolls that transfer over to grief. That’s not to say, there hasn’t been in the past, but they may have been less obvious in their endeavors. Maybe this time, they were more blatant about it and didn’t care. Who knows? I just know, this is the first time I have ever encountered it myself.

In the 6 months I’ve been playing(only been on SBI), I have only heard of this happening 4 times and that has been with the SOR match, week 1, 6, 7 of league. What I would like to see instead of blaming an entire server for the actions of one or two people is for Anet to implement an easier and more effective way to shut these people down. It misrepresents those who try to play it clean, no matter what server you’re on.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

W-What the….

Wow. I am severely disappointed FA.

Here I was expecting easily a dozen or more pages by tuesday, but it seems I had overestimated your PvF Warriors.

‘sniff’ I looked up to you guys. I am sad now…

….

Welp, guess this means that Yak’s Bend will take the PvF title of the Silver League!

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in Match-ups

Heimlich.3065

In the 6 months I’ve been playing(only been on SBI), I have only heard of this happening 4 times and that has been with the SOR match, week 1, 6, 7 of league. What I would like to see instead of blaming an entire server for the actions of one or two people is for Anet to implement an easier and more effective way to shut these people down. It misrepresents those who try to play it clean, no matter what server you’re on.

I definitely agree with you on your final points. It should be possible to /report a player specifically for wvw-griefing (in its many flavors), it should be harder to do in the first place, and ANet should penalize players for doing it (including penalties on their primary accounts).

A week-long lockout on WvW participation following a server transfer would inhibit some griefing and level-locking siege use and blueprint-deployment would force the griefers to change tactics (i.e. require character level 30 before you can use siege and 40 to drop blueprints).

in Match-ups

Posted by: nikkistar.1409

nikkistar.1409

A week-long lockout on WvW participation following a server transfer would inhibit some griefing and level-locking siege use and blueprint-deployment would force the griefers to change tactics (i.e. require character level 30 before you can use siege and 40 to drop blueprints).

I don’t know why they haven’t implemented a WvW lockout in the first place. It would solve a whole lot of problems.

[Yak’s Bend] [BV] Blackwater ‘Buttwater’ Vanguard – Leader
Ele/Nanumee – Mez/Boba Bunny – Thief/Star Shadowfang

in Match-ups

Posted by: Atharsia.3249

Atharsia.3249

There’s love in the air in FA… CORE and RET hug and hold-hands every night.

That’s gotta tell you something.

in Match-ups

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I’m after a chat with a [uA] Norn male mesmer if anyone can help me out please

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

Looking for a love connection?

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: MokoToko.6890

MokoToko.6890

MISSED CONNECTION:
You:
Sturdy norn mesmer, with burly arms that seemed they could hold onto eternity, sporting ultra-sexy [uA] tag

Me:
Slick and smooth sylvari ranger, looking to be held by large burly arms into eternity, who knows and understands the forbidden fruit that lies within

Please send me in-game mail so we can get together for wine-tasting, pillow fighting and aggressive cuddling.

(edited by MokoToko.6890)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Adaneshade.2409

Adaneshade.2409

I definitely agree with you on your final points. It should be possible to /report a player specifically for wvw-griefing (in its many flavors), it should be harder to do in the first place, and ANet should penalize players for doing it (including penalties on their primary accounts).

This has been addressed before. ANet’s replies have always summed up to “this is PvP, ‘griefing’ is simply part of PvP…”.

~Shadowkat

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hawks.5736

Hawks.5736

Perhaps WvW rank requirements to deploy siege too. All the griefers that Ive seen the last week or so were accounts with less than 500 achievement points, so they werent transfers they were dummy accounts(I am sure there are also transfer griefers).

The one we have in this matchup, Star Playa(not to be confused with Star Player), is actually clever in that he wastes siege on things in places that a noob would do so you cant prove it with screens really.

Maybe some live moderators who can see without being seen, and are not actually playing the game, would be nice during tournaments.

Dexson

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

Isn’t this a conversation for the general wvw stuff?

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81

in Match-ups

Heimlich.3065

You’re never going to get to 30 pages by yourselves!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tyrion.5764

Tyrion.5764

SBI PLEASE TRY HARDER !!! LIKE I SAY YOU WILL NOT TAKE BAY WHEN IM ONLINE !!!

TE + SUPR+ABYSS+PUGS cannot do it !!!!

EU-pic !!

http://s24.photobucket.com/user/Scaniboro/media/gw269.jpg.html

Tyryon Delos Bravos – Leader and Commander [BOMB] Bomb On me

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

You’re never going to get to 30 pages by yourselves!

You make a very good point.

Without an actual 2v1, there isn’t enough to complain about!

With all the enjoyable fights I’m finding, I can hardly rag on anybody

Stop being good opponents SBI, it’s making it hard to tease you.

(edited by Furiousbeard.7602)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Super Kruegs.8967

Super Kruegs.8967

I know right. SBI making it real hard to hate them with all their bringing it. They don’t blob like TC or T1, they don’t tower hug, they bring fights, hardly any up levels, they bring it on all maps, not making excuses. aghhh I’m actually kind of liking them.

FA [WS]. Small group fights since 2012

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I know right. SBI making it real hard to hate them with all their bringing it. They don’t blob like TC or T1, they don’t tower hug, they bring fights, hardly any up levels, they bring it on all maps, not making excuses. aghhh I’m actually kind of liking them.

It’s been a blast, and hanging out on the TS has me giving new respect for the art of controlling a moving army. Not a zerg, per se, because they actually work on a tactical level other than “have more than other, then win”. Seriously.

And even if Bay on SBI BL seems really hard to take at all times, and our commanders have this fascination with taking it despite the REALLY stiff resistance built up around it, it’s been fun. Like the 15 minute fight for that supply camp there, where we couldn’t clear FA out enough to capture but weren’t getting wiped.

Cheers folks. I’ll have to play WvW more often if this sort of fun keeps up. Because it’s way more fun to me than TF2 was, even if I’m also terrible

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Match-ups

Posted by: JetLu.1874

JetLu.1874

I was talking last night with Boo Boo Boo Boo of whatever the name was. hahaha He told me that Star Playa was his 7 year old cousin. He said, “I showed him how to put up siege now that’s all he wants to do”. But for some odd reason, when I kept inviting Star Playa to join me, he kept declining then put his player in the offline mode. And another thing, it was late and a 7 yr/old should have been in bed already.

Yeah dude, like we all have stupid written across our foreheads. Please don’t insult the intelligence of a well seasoned adult. hhhhm garlic, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, nom nom nom.

Perhaps WvW rank requirements to deploy siege too. All the griefers that Ive seen the last week or so were accounts with less than 500 achievement points, so they werent transfers they were dummy accounts(I am sure there are also transfer griefers).

The one we have in this matchup, Star Playa(not to be confused with Star Player), is actually clever in that he wastes siege on things in places that a noob would do so you cant prove it with screens really.

Maybe some live moderators who can see without being seen, and are not actually playing the game, would be nice during tournaments.

What the hell. my entire post just went poof.

Crappy WvW player, but I try. SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: JetLu.1874

JetLu.1874

Trying again.

I was talking last night with Boo Boo Boo Boo of whatever the name was. hahaha He told me that Star Playa was his 7 year old cousin. He said, “I showed him how to put up siege now that’s all he wants to do”. But for some odd reason, when I kept inviting Star Playa to join me, he kept declining then put his player in the offline mode. And another thing, it was late and a 7 yr/old should have been in bed already.

Yeah dude, like we all have stupid written across our foreheads. Please don’t insult the intelligence of a well seasoned adult. hhhhm garlic, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, nom nom nom.

Crappy WvW player, but I try. SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

those workday jitters.
To the thief from [PINK] that keeps tapping SBI EB keep for hours. gives hugs and cookies You are awesome, I wish we had someone on SBI to do the same to FA.

Don’t give this guy credit, he is a well know hacker/botter. Basically a merc for hire who will tap that keep all day and night and glitch into the keep to destroy all siege. He was on Crystal Desert when we fought them, running between SM and Keep keeping them tapped for hours. SBI doesn’t want the hacks

Yes, I know he is an exploiter, that is not what I want. I want someone to tap FA keep 24/7 so they stop doing it to us. WTB merc, 1 dolla

We did have a dude on our garri for 12 hours on sat or sun! Dudes relentless.

That was me, and ive been doing it nightly since, but to a lesser extent. I grouped up with two FA guys throughout the matchup, a Ranger from RET and thief named Dues Ex Zongarr for some 1v1’s. In between the duels i’d take off to tag the keep and they both said the same thing, more or less:
“LOL, you’re that $#&%ing ranger whose been tagging our keep? You are making people in teamspeak rage!”

On the upside, maybe you’ve gotten to kill me a few times. Eventually people started waiting for me, so routine tags became suicide missions. Certainly thieves or engies are better suited for the job.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

in Match-ups

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Boo Boo has been a friend of mine for a lot of years, I’ll ask him about it.

SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dr Wah.2153

Dr Wah.2153

those workday jitters.
To the thief from [PINK] that keeps tapping SBI EB keep for hours. gives hugs and cookies You are awesome, I wish we had someone on SBI to do the same to FA.

Don’t give this guy credit, he is a well know hacker/botter. Basically a merc for hire who will tap that keep all day and night and glitch into the keep to destroy all siege. He was on Crystal Desert when we fought them, running between SM and Keep keeping them tapped for hours. SBI doesn’t want the hacks

Yes, I know he is an exploiter, that is not what I want. I want someone to tap FA keep 24/7 so they stop doing it to us. WTB merc, 1 dolla

We did have a dude on our garri for 12 hours on sat or sun! Dudes relentless.

That was me, and ive been doing it nightly since, but to a lesser extent. I grouped up with two FA guys throughout the matchup, a Ranger from RET and thief named Dues Ex Zongarr for some 1v1’s. In between the duels i’d take off to tag the keep and they both said the same thing, more or less:
“LOL, you’re that $#&%ing ranger whose been tagging our keep? You are making people in teamspeak rage!”

12 hours – that’s dedication. At first I questioned how you could have fun doing that for such an extended period, but then I remembered.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude

in Match-ups

Posted by: Scarlet.8605

Scarlet.8605

those workday jitters.

There true you can find her here in these post’s about it
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/A-Thief-in-TC-LLK-in-WvW
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/1-enemy-thief-permantely-contesting-keep
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Waypoints-too-easy-to-contest
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Thiefs-Arrow-WvW-Bug-ANET-allows-hackers
you can find her fame in many more if you look lol she is pretty well known… +1 to you

in Match-ups

Posted by: Virmire.7385

Virmire.7385

Trying again.

Boo was joking with you. That troll came to SBI last week during the fight with EBay and YB, and was throwing ballistas build-sites on supply piles whenever we took camps. He’s settled down a bit this week and now makes it less obvious that he’s trolling.

SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

Thanks for letting us farm you today at north camp SBI! I got maybe 300 kills in like 10 minutes

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in Match-ups

Posted by: Miss Firesss.3704

Miss Firesss.3704

He changed his name to “Somebody Else” yesterday afternoon, which was actually quite funny, because I saw “Somebody stole my golem!” I replied with “It was Somebody Else.” Yeah lol.

Did you notice his [Abys] tag name yesterday? It was “Bring Your Own siege” :|

I did have a conversation with him yesterday in NW tower, as he was building ballistas, and he said “I really like building siege.” It does get old when you are trying to upgrade/repair/build, but I don’t think there’s much we can do, I heard that if we report too much, WE get in trouble.

Ah well, still having good fights this week, it’s been fun FA. I don’t see many DB, and when I do, they wait til I am alone, then gank me with five or more. I will take it as a compliment though, rather then rage about it.

[Abys]

in Match-ups

Miss Firesss.3704

Thanks for letting us farm you today at north camp SBI! I got maybe 300 kills in like 10 minutes

It’s posts like this that make people roll their eyes at you.

Congrats anyway, I would like to think you got a precursor, but you probably got a bunch of barbs/spikes.

[Abys]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

Congrats anyway, I would like to think you got a precursor, but you probably got a bunch of barbs/spikes.

Killing SBI is enough reward for me :P

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

Cheers to that mate!

in Match-ups

Posted by: ResetSmith.3719

ResetSmith.3719

I enjoy the unidentified dye drops.

I have a dye problem.

FA – lehcar elocin [CORE]

in Match-ups

Miss Firesss.3704

I should say the same after this last N camp fight.

[Abys]

in Match-ups

Posted by: bigblah.3285

bigblah.3285

Yeah I stomped like 500 people in 30 seconds #rekt #swag #yolo

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tyrion.5764

Tyrion.5764

I love how all the trash talkers, just stop after they cannot take my BAY in sbibl or HILLS in fabl^^ now you are facing me. Not like yesterday when i was offline ^^

GG SBI <3 I love you all !!

Tyryon Delos Bravos – Leader and Commander [BOMB] Bomb On me

in Match-ups

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

I love how all the trash talkers, just stop after they cannot take my BAY in sbibl or HILLS in fabl^^ now you are facing me. Not like yesterday when i was offline ^^

GG SBI <3 I love you all !!

Complains about trash talkers, trash talks in every posts.

You’re too funny. Keep siege hugging buddy

Commander Nachonix

in Match-ups

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

12 hours – that’s dedication. At first I questioned how you could have fun doing that for such an extended period, but then I remembered.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude

Not really. The real pleasure in the tagging is knowing how much of a difference you can make for your map on an individual level. By keeping garri tagged I influenced the outcome of almost every major attack on the east side of the map more than anyone besides maybe the commander, because I single-handedly increase respawn times. In many cases I’m one of the only SBI actively monitoring bloodlust on the map, which has a significant effect on score. throw in that the center of the map is a great place to be from a scouting perspective. These contributions dont net a lot of wvw exp, but they contribute far more to the effort than the average zergling.

there are also some incredibly good 1v1 fights to be had in the process from players around the ruins or leaving garrison (or large groups chasing me angrily out of garrison), which is exactly the kind of fights i enjoy

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

in Match-ups

Furiousbeard.7602

I’ll be watching out for you

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sad Tas.2509

Sad Tas.2509

you coming online today, SBI? I was excited for some fights today