Some ANET interfered with our GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

i hope that troll got at least 15 verbal abuse reports… and hopefully more like 50.

More like thousands im betting when the euros come on and see the thread :P

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

Tbh, if he wouldn’t have tourned on his ANet tag, he would simply have been a kittenbag like there are many.
But with his ANet tag on, he represents the company and instead of being a kittenbag, he shows an incredible lack of professionalism and respect for the customer. While I agree that the community hasn’t shown much respect back, that’s still not acceptable behaviour when representing your company.

in WvW

Posted by: lemora.1304

lemora.1304

Wow thanks for sharing this. This is going to spread like wildfire and if/when this thread gets deleted it’ll bite them in the kitten even harder, hah!

My guild (and most guilds on BG) doesn’t gvg, but I fully understand and support the gvg community.

Lv 80 Guardian , Warrior, Elementalist, Necromancer and Mesmer
[GoF] of Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Such a narrow minded vision.

“This is WvW i made it for karma trains blobbing siegewar and PPT is all matter and if don’t play like this go spvp or gtfo, and i’ll do my best to force you to play it how i want or move somewhere else”.

Jeeeez.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i hope that troll got at least 15 verbal abuse reports… and hopefully more like 50.

More like thousands im betting when the euros come on and see the thread :P

reporting someone out of context doesnt really do anything… but itll log chats if done while present, and it was a 15v15 w/ spectators

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Morons try to play a unsupported game mode, get trolled by a quite humorous asura with power, come and complain to the source of said asura, because kitten logic.

Anet should make a title “exemplary customer” for role models such as these. I would rather “violate” (sic) the “game mode” (sic) and have fun doing it!

Because kitten logic!

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: Cyhann.2609

Cyhann.2609

Seriously you GvG guys are getting kitten annoying lately. You are constantly crying in
every stream, every third forum post, every post about bloodlust and now you can’t
handle an A-Net Dev who simply was standing around you and was watching you?
And all that for something you should have known prior to the game that it won’t
be included any time soon. Shouldn’t you try and polish your own image a little?
If this keeps on, GvG might really become a banable offense, and I doubt you would
like that, but this way I can imagine that the devs are fed up with this scene.

Read chat logs.

Oh, sorry haven’t seen that, I just woke up minutes ago. Well it’s wierd that a dev says
something like that but even so, I doubt that you will get your GvG if you keep it up
that way, and that’s why you guys should chill down a little, after all a new gamemode
would be a nice thing to see.

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

This is hilarious. Me thinks someone had a little bit too much to drink at last nights Anet office party.

Generally though, why you would want to actively discourage and criticise GvGs? They are organised community events just like any other and therefore Anet should be publicising and supporting them as fully as anything else. All this anti-GvG stuff just comes across as bitter and mean spirited.

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Opc.4718

Opc.4718

Seriously you GvG guys are getting kitten annoying lately. You are constantly crying in
every stream, every third forum post, every post about bloodlust and now you can’t
And all that for something you should have known prior to the game that it won’t
be included any time soon. Shouldn’t you try and polish your own image a little?
If this keeps on, GvG might really become a banable offense, and I doubt you would

Read chat logs.

Oh, sorry haven’t seen that, I just woke up minutes ago. Well it’s wierd that a dev says
something like that but even so, I doubt that you will get your GvG if you keep it up
that way, and that’s why you guys should chill down a little, after all a new gamemode

Weird is putting it mildly. You don’t run a business by insulting your customers. If they’re not going to introduce a GvG game mode, the least they can do is not interfere and troll existing GvG events.

Kehlirixx Q | Nixx Q | Classic Bunker

in WvW

Posted by: Bukkebruse.2810

Bukkebruse.2810

Why is every single anet dev playing asura?

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Read chat logs.

Yes yes things always get done if you just take officials interfering laying down and let them just kitten all over it guys… come on now…

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

People on reddit are so far up Anet’s butt I don’t know anymore.

They think it’s a vocal minority that posts GvG stuff on forums. They don’t realize that it’s the Commanders of the 250+ man guilds with GvG sections that are posting and if they quit then most of the guild will quit or be displaced.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

(edited by kerona.3465)

in WvW

Posted by: Dakan.9463

Dakan.9463

Hmm what did say at the eurogamer expo? Oh yeah, this:

"Q: Thoughts on PvP and Guild vs Guild? A: We know there is a loud community for GvG and for PvP features. We want to support you guys and always listening"

*cough*

in WvW

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

Hmm what did say at the eurogamer expo? Oh yeah, this:

“Q: Thoughts on PvP and Guild vs Guild? A: We know there is a loud community for GvG and for PvP features. We want to support you guys and always listening”

cough

We listen by disbanding the team looking into GvG because we need more people working on the absolute horrible story telling during our “Living Story” content that people seem to maybe like but not really cause we force it down their throats every 2 weeks.

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

in WvW

Posted by: Veteran Oakheart.4035

Veteran Oakheart.4035

Awesome Anet ! like em :o

Spirit Spammer Joe – Legend x2 (S1) ~ GW 2005-2007 best gaming experience~
www.youtube.com/user/stephnbf
www.twitch.tv/veteran_oakheart

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Morons try to play a unsupported game mode, get trolled by a quite humorous asura with power, come and complain to the source of said asura, because kitten logic.

Really hoping and expecting this to be a sockpuppet.

More like really hoping this guy found a way to hack an ANet guild tag/symbol!!

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

I can defend anet for many things, but this was seriously unprofessional. in WvW, as long as you are fighting and killing people from the other servers, you are participating in the “game mode.”

Plus, the reality is, we paid for this game. We play the game how we want to. No one was botting, hacking, or cheating.

The dude was seriously out of line, and needs to work on his customer service skills.

in WvW

Posted by: Opc.4718

Opc.4718

Really hoping and expecting this to be a sockpuppet.

More like really hoping this guy found a way to hack an ANet guild tag/symbol!!

Ha! I’m wondering if that’s what happened too.

Kehlirixx Q | Nixx Q | Classic Bunker

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

for when this thread get’s closed, there’s a reddit thread raging along too

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1narbe/an_anet_dev_interferred_with_our_gvg_and_trolled/

Yeah, and the fanboys are out in full force there. Too funny.

G v G ruins wvw for others and the spots taken by the guilds couldve been used by others to attack the enemies cohesively.

But it’s nice to see there is at least one here too!

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

(edited by Herr der Friedhoefe.2490)

in WvW

Posted by: Im Not So Nice.2360

Im Not So Nice.2360

“I’m watching you guys violate my game mode”

That’s the problem. They don’t give a kitten about the community and they certainly don’t respect it either. WvW isn’t for the players, it’s for the Devs. But since they made it, they might as well let us play, I guess.

Eventually, the Devs are going to wonder where everyone went and I’ll be here to link them to this picture album. It’s hard to maintain a playerbase when you act like this.

in WvW

Parisalchuk.9230

Bunch of whining kids who think they are entitled to everything , nothing has changed. G v G ruins wvw for others and the spots taken by the guilds couldve been used by others to attack the enemies cohesively.

if anything its a fair advantage as 2 servers suffer the same penalty. In addition open field combat is not against the spirit of WvW which in turn implies a GvG is perfectly fine.

Please explain to me how this is different then the groups that form up and duel each other. They take up the space of other players to play ‘cohesively’.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Bunch of whining kids who think they are entitled to everything , nothing has changed. G v G ruins wvw for others and the spots taken by the guilds couldve been used by others to attack the enemies cohesively.

Um check the servers… That isn’t T1. Your arguments are invalid.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

kerona.3465

only the top 6 servers have serious problems cramming their people into servers that gvg would be a disturbance

Maguuma [PYRO]

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Why don’t GvG pay for a custom arena and conduct there GvG there?

Your completely equal there and no one can interfere with you?

The cost is insignificant to multiple guilds, so that can’t be a problem.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

there are no queues on those 3 servers.

they arent taking up spots that would otherwise be filled.
they are playing in an area that is out of the way of any normal pathing you would take to any objective or pve event.
(hell, they would probably help any uplevel get the nearby skill point)

shoo fly

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

Appalling actions by anet

He should lose his job

And a public formal apology should be made to those players present.

Someone who was there needs to goto a gaming news site with those

in WvW

Parisalchuk.9230

Maps are far too small to fully make organized movements.

Now if they were to add GvG friendly maps to PvP this would make sense but the way that sPvP is set up is so each point is only accesable by various narrow lanes and each point has defensable points. Its not ment for 15 per side.

Also you cant get 30 people in a server.

in WvW

kerona.3465

spvp does not support fights larger than 8v8.

Maguuma [PYRO]

in WvW

Parisalchuk.9230

spvp does not support fights larger than 8v8.

You can do 10v10, but as I outline above there are even more limiting conditions beyond that.

in WvW

Posted by: Nev.5316

Nev.5316

for when this thread get’s closed, there’s a reddit thread raging along too

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1narbe/an_anet_dev_interferred_with_our_gvg_and_trolled/

Yeah, and the fanboys are out in full force there. Too funny.

G v G ruins wvw for others and the spots taken by the guilds couldve been used by others to attack the enemies cohesively.

But it’s nice to see there is at least one here too!

Pretty ignorant to the facts, what i stated is 100% true.

in WvW

Posted by: Darfod.9375

Darfod.9375

I don’t GvG, and to be honest, I wish you guys took your fights somewhere else.

But, as you have nowhere to go, I accept that you are going to be on the WvW map.

I consider that chat log to be completely unacceptable, and I am hoping for a rapid developer response.

This could bite ANET quite badly if it makes more people like me (who don’t want you in WvW) rally behind you.

Outnumbered and facedown in WSR borderlands…
… again

in WvW

Posted by: Bunta.5267

Bunta.5267

Exactly.

I don’t see what the dev did wrong, you ARE ruining his game mode. Players there should be there for wvw. Its one thing to play the game how you want, and another thing to deprive other players the opportunity to play the game as it was intended.

in WvW

kerona.3465

Exactly.

I don’t see what the dev did wrong, you ARE ruining his game mode. Players there should be there for wvw. Its one thing to play the game how you want, and another thing to deprive other players the opportunity to play the game as it was intended.

Who was deprived here on this empty map?

Maguuma [PYRO]

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Exactly.

So many ignorant people here commenting who don’t even understand what’s going on. There are no queues, this isn’t a tier 1 zergfest. So they aren’t taking up spots of anyone. It is in an out of the way location so they aren’t interfering with anyone.

in WvW

Posted by: Ophidian.9043

Ophidian.9043

Anet, your voilating ’’my’’ game mode with your Bloodlust.

VoTF

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

kelvei cen scaethem
is the dev’s name

Interesting… according to this, he was a part of The Raven Alliance back in 2009. TRA is on Maguuma now, and I’ll ask them about him.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

Posted by: KcB.6890

KcB.6890

Exactly.

Look at the score tick. Arena.net already deprived players the opportunity to play the game as it was intended by giving them a matchup that was decided the second it was rolled.

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

I don’t GvG, and to be honest, I wish you guys took your fights somewhere else.

But, as you have nowhere to go, I accept that you are going to be on the WvW map.

I consider that chat log to be completely unacceptable, and I am hoping for a rapid developer response.

This could bite ANET quite badly if it makes more people like me (who don’t want you in WvW) rally behind you.

A GvGs take place completely out of the way and do nothing to inhibit WvW play.

The guilds that generally partake in GvG are very active in the regular WvW scene.

in WvW

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

Please just quit. They don’t care anymore, I just uninstalled, checked back for this image and someone finally posted it thanks.

Wvw is dead. go get that ppt and ascended lust

:( noooooo

Dont cry. It Will make me cry

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

in WvW

Posted by: nielscase.6258

nielscase.6258

If this is an employee, then there is no way they should allow this. Completely unprofessional, and makes them look silly. I want to see the video.

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

Exactly.

If these guys are indeed violating his game mode (lol), and are breaking the ToS, then they should be banned rather than having to endure this lame dev coming in and trolling them.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Please just quit. They don’t care anymore, I just uninstalled, checked back for this image and someone finally posted it thanks.

Wvw is dead. go get that ppt and ascended lust

:( noooooo

Dont cry. It Will make me cry

:’(

PS: why did i start posting to reddit someone save me. please.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: draugris.9872

draugris.9872

So unprofessional ANET. Quite shocked to be honest.

Yeahh, but the most shocking thing is that i am not surprised at all about that behavior from the staff. They want to ruin GvG and the scene since months because they are scared that this would ruin their SPvP and E-Sports efforts when GvG Streams had more viewers than kittening tournaments.

Mondsucht [MS] – Kodash

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Now, i don’t know if are more sad Anet devs acting that way or player actually tinking that PPT are all that matters and blame GvGers for having fun, fighting and wasting their spots in the zoneblob.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Cmon ANet guy, you’re doing it wrong.

You’re suppose to build a treb in the camp and fire it into the GvG. Dudes can’t even troll properly, I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Centrix.4065

Centrix.4065

Wow!

If I were there and he said “I’m watching you guys violate my game mode”, I would’ve sooo said “since when do you care?” He wouldn’t need to come there and complain about how we “ruin” his game mode if he paid more attention to WvW and actually did stuff the players are interested in. You don’t have to do everything we want, but come on.

If you look at the screenshots you would know that he wasn’t just “standing around and watching”…

I hope it’s all a joke or some odd mistake, because it’s really weird to see a dev act like that when theres already heated discussions about gvg/wvw on the forums. It makes them seem delusional/ignorant/stuck-in-their-own-bubble (just keeping it real)

Lv.80 Elementalist, Guardian, Necromancer, Thief
[VII] Seventh Legion | http://twitch.tv/censtudios

(edited by Centrix.4065)

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

If they just added a separate map in WvW specifically for GvG that didn’t have anything to capture and was just open field fighting, this wouldn’t be an issue. That’s what we’ve been asking for. We don’t want lame SPvP, so no, that is not an option. We want to use our builds that we worked on, not some crappy amulet. And spvp makes a lot of builds impossible to replicate. I hate it. I like to mix things, i’m picky about certain stats. Customization is limited, and besides that I want to use the gear I grinded for, not some preset crap. Just make a separate map WITHOUT bloodlust where we can fight with our WvW gear that’s just as big as the rest of the borderlands.
And then watch people come onto our GvG map from the other borderlands asking for help when they finally pull their heads out their kitten and realize the guilds that participate in GvG were the biggest contributors to WvW in the first place and we tell them to F off because why should we help people who talked down to us this entire time when we did more than they ever did?

(edited by Nikkinella.8254)

in WvW

Posted by: Nev.5316

Nev.5316

For everyone threatning to quit just do it lol. Nobody is going to care and new players will replace ya guys so goodbye.

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

If they just added a separate map in WvW specifically for GvG that didn’t have anything to capture and was just open field fighting, this wouldn’t be an issue. That’s what we’ve been asking for. We don’t want lame SPvP, so no, that is not an option. We want to use our builds that we worked on, not some crappy amulet. And spvp makes a lot of builds impossible to replicate. I hate it. I like to mix things, i’m picky about certain stats. Customization is limited, and besides that I want to use the gear I grinded for, not some preset crap. Just make a separate map WITHOUT bloodlust where we can fight with our WvW gear that’s just as big as the rest of the borderlands.
And then watch people come onto our GvG map from the other borderlands asking for help when they finally pull their heads out their kitten and realize the guilds that participate in GvG were the biggest contributors to WvW in the first place and we tell them to F off because why should we help people who talked down to us this entire time when we did more than they ever did?

The lack of stat (and therefore build) options is one of the main reasons why I don’t play sPvP.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: Sacrx.6721

Sacrx.6721

LMAO this is golden!.

22mins in the video. Standing there in middle of field clearly trying to troll, hoping they would say get out the way. Ensue guys telling him which is clearly what he wanted the reason he was there in first place. Then get mad? from the drama you wanted and try to act big man with anet tag.

This is just classic comedy material your giving away.

Red Guard – Ultimate Dominator World First 25/6/13
if carlsberg played Guardian.

(edited by Sacrx.6721)