Some ANET interfered with our GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Gandalf The Grey.1058

Gandalf The Grey.1058

Glad to see I made the right decision when I quit this game

Oh what you quit the game? I guess your signature wasn’t enough. At least you frequent the forums so we all know that you left the game!

But serious question what’s the problem with sPvP arenas?

2 of you no longer play GW2 but you still frequent the forums? Must be nothing else to play I suppose. Also why does the apology even matter to you? I certainly wouldn’t care or even continue to goto forums of a game I don’t even play. -shrugs- seems odd to me.

Thanks I’ll put those up in the “Opinions I don’t care about” pile

I quit too and I come to the forums and see how worse everything is getting.

in WvW

Posted by: xephire.8324

xephire.8324

Glad to see I made the right decision when I quit this game

Oh what you quit the game? I guess your signature wasn’t enough. At least you frequent the forums so we all know that you left the game!

But serious question what’s the problem with sPvP arenas?

2 of you no longer play GW2 but you still frequent the forums? Must be nothing else to play I suppose. Also why does the apology even matter to you? I certainly wouldn’t care or even continue to goto forums of a game I don’t even play. -shrugs- seems odd to me.

Thanks I’ll put those up in the “Opinions I don’t care about” pile

I quit too and I come to the forums and see how worse everything is getting.

Believe me its roller coaster ride down to hell right now in the forums these days XD.

in WvW

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

I can kind of see his point though.

WvW has a limited amount of slots and there may have been a queue of players waiting to get in.

If there was no queue, then there is no reason for him to complain.

You guys are missing the point…
If a decent sized guild or 2 suddenly decided to go to said map, then there WOULD be a queue because of these misplaced gvg’ers…….
unacceptable

I do NOT support gvg. BUT, I do think that Anet should make a designated instance/map for it where all players can talk to each other in say chat while they gvg.
It is obviously something that a decent size of the game pop wants/enjoys.

This anet employee is ALSO free to play the game however he wants. If he wants to troll ppl, well then he fits right in with some of the other gw2 gamers.

I’ve had personal experience (on a previous server), being spawn-camped by a large group of NSP which included 4 Anet tags.
They’re obviously allowed to play however they want to, as long as they are not violating tos. (Which gvg seems to flirt with).

If what you enjoy in the game isn’t being supported, then rally together & make your voice louder to get what you want. But, don’t rag on an Anet employee for doing something that plenty of other players do normally. He’s a human being & if some of you had a nice shiny Anet tag, you’d probly flash it too.

Naz ©

in WvW

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

… BUT, I do think that Anet should make a designated instance/map for it where all players can talk to each other in say chat while they gvg.

Decent size.. what are we talking about here 1kish players? That wouldn’t be worth the development time.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in WvW

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

… BUT, I do think that Anet should make a designated instance/map for it where all players can talk to each other in say chat while they gvg.

Decent size.. what are we talking about here 1kish players? That wouldn’t be worth the development time.

Yet spvp gets dev time hmm…

in WvW

Posted by: Tellerion.8102

Tellerion.8102

I don’t see how that qualifies as "elitism" at all. Elitism would be expecting you to play perfectly and conquer the whole map. The only expectation here is for you to actually participate in the game. gvg is actively _avoiding_ that.

It qualifies as elitism for the simple fact that you would be telling others to leave the map because their not contributing as much as they should, in your eyes, towards the ppt-score. It’s exactly like telling people doing their dailies, jumping puzzles etc. in WvW, to get the hell out, because they sure as hell ain’t contributing towards the ppt-score either.

The meaning of an "elitist" seems to differ I suppose, and I should probably have expressed myself in a different manner. However I hope you understand my point regardless of this.

~~Ayeres~~

(edited by Tellerion.8102)

in WvW

Posted by: Gervhart.4035

Gervhart.4035

Bump to the anet’s public fail. Second on my memory after gs-signet kid build sharp used. Actually i demand more screens of anet’s failures.

in WvW

kokiman.2364

Yeah because the frameworks are already there and it was in the game since launch. GvG players ask for a completely new gamemode which needs stuff like, achievements, rewards, a completely new arena, etc.

GuildWars 2

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

If those 1k leave the game, that means no hardcore WvW guilds left, so only pug blobs. Not a nice thought and extremely boring.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Sirendor.1394

Yeah because the frameworks are already there and it was in the game since launch. GvG players ask for a completely new gamemode which needs stuff like, achievements, rewards, a completely new arena, etc.

I don’t think that much work is involved:
1- Map: copy a pve map
2- Achievements: most of the people who GvG do it for the fun of it and take a record of their matches on sites outside of GW2.
3- Rewards: hardly necessary, since the guys who do GvG atm don’t get anything for it.

in WvW

Posted by: Aneu.1748

Aneu.1748

Oh dear, it looks like people that simply don’t understand why GvG occured and those who still find the “PPT” game worth while are attempting to make a point here.

The PPT game is not, I repeat once again for those who take some time to get it into their heads, is not a worth while game style. Arenanet validated this by making the system randomly generate whether a server goes up or down no matter how they rank vs their current opponents, you can win a matchup and still drop down the ranking or come up against less skilled opponents even if you have proven yourself to be worthy.

The other part is that the biggest indicator of who will win a matchup is how many people they have during “off peak” hours, ie: nightcapping. If you believe that primetime (6hrs) dictates who wins the matchup then you really are mistaken, it does not matter who is winning in primetime.

World vs World is not a competitive game type, it mitigates and circumvents all forms of competition via stacking/night capping and promoting what is prolific in the game right now – Zergs.

If the above is your idea of fun, you being insignificant in the long run, your input not actually mattering that much then by all means defend away!

There are many of us who wish for our game time and our input to be of value which is why a different style of gameplay arose, it wasn’t to take over WvW it was to run alongside WvW in conjunction with it for at maximum an hour or two our of a week (a week that these guilds still put huge swathes of effort into the whole WvW game-style – in order to train and get better).

I simply fail to understand how people can be so blinkered to the fact that they are defending a defunct gamestyle that could be so much more interesting and fun… WvW has far more to give than it currently does but overall the resoures spent on it are minimal in comparison to other game styles – so rather than fighting with one another it may be of more benefit to actually agree that WvW requires far more development consideration than it does.

Aneu | [VoTF]
http://www.votf.net

in WvW

kokiman.2364

I don’t think that much work is involved:
1- Map: copy a pve map
2- Achievements: most of the people who GvG do it for the fun of it and take a record of their matches on sites outside of GW2.
3- Rewards: hardly necessary, since the guys who do GvG atm don’t get anything for it.

But imagine they have to release it and people ask it what’s it all about.

“Uhm yeah so this is an area you should all know and uhm.. yeah you meet in the middle of the map and kill each other, there is no objective, there aren’t any rewards”

GuildWars 2

in WvW

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

It qualifies as elitism for the simple fact that you would be telling others to leave the map because their not contributing as much as they should, in your eyes, towards the ppt-score. It’s exactly like telling people doing their dailies, jumping puzzles etc. in WvW, to get the hell out, because they sure as hell ain’t contributing towards the ppt-score either.

Aside from the stomp points if they have a bloodlust buff, they aren’t contributing anything at all. At least the daily “Mists” achievements are activities conductive to the wvw match. All I really expect from gvg’ers is some effort to make sure you’re not interfering or having any negative impact on the wvw match. If the map is queued and we have 25 players (plus spectators) going out of their way to not participate, then there is a serious problem that needs to be fixed.

However, I do agree that jumping puzzles and exploration points should not be in wvw. They don’t serve any purpose for the wvw match, and they can be a huge roadblock for players trying to get world completion. Being stuck the same color for weeks is a huge problem, especially if you’re on the disadvantaged side of the matchup.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

in WvW

Posted by: Marquie Thomas.1873

Marquie Thomas.1873

If those 1k leave the game, that means no hardcore WvW guilds left, so only pug blobs. Not a nice thought and extremely boring.

Players will learn to adapt they will rise up take a stand and those 1k or so players will be replaced i think your over thinking player worth when new players and leaders will just rise again maby not automatically but eventually.

in WvW

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

“The players did nothing wrong, they just got angry because some people disturb their game.Its similar to provoking a lion and get eaten up as usual.It’s the response you are expecting to get.”

I think you should watch the video again and look at the players immediate responses. That is not how you respond to people. Players wonder why others are viewing the community as Toxic. This is the reason.

in WvW

Posted by: Empyre.2531

Empyre.2531

Funny guy.. you know where the “wvw community” would be without the dedicated guild out there that do gvg?

Those players would most likely still be doing wvw. The fact that many of these gvg’ers also participate in wvw isn’t really a factor.

There’s no room in wvw for gvg, says who? Read the ToS, CoC etc.. the only one who did something wrong was the Anet official by harassing other players. Gvg is not against any rule from Anet, so yes, the only one offended by gvg or doing wrong (ban-worthy behaviour) is you (and everyone else moaning about it or harassing).

Technically, you could apply the ‘match manipulation’ rule to gvg. The text of it says “pvp” not “spvp”, and wvw should qualify as a form of pvp even though it doesn’t follow the spvp format. It’s a bit of a stretch to do so, but if Anet chose to enforce it as such, the rule is there and could very well apply.

As far as wrong-doing in the recent incident, there is just as much, if not more, wrong with the gvg participants’ actions. Almost immediately resorting to insults, name calling, and inappropriate language doesn’t earn them much sympathy. Would they have acted any differently if the person standing in the middle was legitimately unaware of what was going on? They were very quick to assume that he was there to troll them, so I think they would have done the same if it was just an unknowing bystander.

An Anet dev not knowing what is going on in their own game and therefore interfering unintentionally? Yes, I would believe that seeing how Anet patches, they don’t play their own game. Besides that his written word shows he’s well aware of what he is doing. Intentional harrassement = ban for normal people.

“Those players would most likely still be doing wvw. The fact that many of these gvg’ers also participate in wvw isn’t really a factor.”

So why do you care if what they do is a non-factor for the game?

More then often the gvg guilds are highly organised and share this organisation with teh server, be it either experienced commanders with a solid core to back him/her up, hosting server wide comms, hosting server forums etc. If those gvgers didn’t exist at all, meaning they wouldn’t play gvg nor wvw at all you’d have is more prey for your organised enemy. No smaller force you could reliably send to a keep to take it while your 75 pu zergball is somewhere else.

Be careful what you wish for.

[RG]

in WvW

mrstealth.6701

gvg’ers are not the only hardcore wvw’ers. That type of thinking is precisely the problem I’ve been pointing out.

in WvW

Empyre.2531

“The players did nothing wrong, they just got angry because some people disturb their game.Its similar to provoking a lion and get eaten up as usual.It’s the response you are expecting to get.”

I think you should watch the video again and look at the players immediate responses. That is not how you respond to people. Players wonder why others are viewing the community as Toxic. This is the reason.

You mean as toxic when the "WvW"ers call out a noobie who is randomly putting a ram at a door or does build a treb facing the wrong direction? Your finger pointing is unnecessary as it happens on every community.

[RG]

in WvW

mrstealth.6701

So why do you care if what they do is a non-factor for the game?

It’s not a factor in the sense that their contribution to wvw does not validate the lack of contribute, and potential interference, gvg represents.

If those gvgers didn’t exist at all, meaning they wouldn’t play gvg nor wvw at all you’d have is more prey for your organised enemy.

You say that as if those players would just not exist if there was no gvg. Being a gvg guild isn’t some prerequisite for being organized in wvw, gvg is a subset of that if anything.

in WvW

Tellerion.8102

Certain people still seem to feel obligated to point out what other people can and cannot do in WvW. Let me stress once again, that I’ve paid for this game in the same way you have, so am I not allowed to find enjoyment in other aspects of this gametype, that might not necessarily cater towards your vision of what WvW should be like? (As long as it’s within the rules of the game of course)

~~Ayeres~~

in WvW

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

“You mean as toxic when the "WvW"ers call out a noobie who is randomly putting a ram at a door or does build a treb facing the wrong direction? Your finger pointing is unnecessary as it happens on every community."

Absolutely. There is no reason to resort to name calling like the players did in that video. Some posters want an apology from the dev directly. All I am saying is that those players were also in the wrong with how they acted. I am happy the video is out there so others can see what happened and how badly both sides behaved.

There are a good deal in this thread that believe the players were in the right to act that way. I am simply saying that is not the case.

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

I’m Disgusted by the vast GvG community of Harrassing, Belittling and Insulting that staff who feel Ashamed and Remorseful of his wrongdoings.

As the saying goes, “a tooth for a tooth”

Now it will be your turn GvG to be treated Mercilessly.

You will be chased to the far corners of WvW and be no more.

Wvw is a place of Understanding, Mercy and Forgivness… and that, is Not Where You Belong.

Mark my word

Embrace yourselves for the Enforcer.

-WvW will regain its Honor and Dignity-

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in WvW

Sirendor.1394

Players will learn to adapt they will rise up take a stand and those 1k or so players will be replaced i think your over thinking player worth when new players and leaders will just rise again maby not automatically but eventually.

And you think those people won’t get attracted toward more tactical and skillful combat? Wrong.

in WvW

Sirendor.1394

gvg’ers are not the only hardcore wvw’ers. That type of thinking is precisely the problem I’ve been pointing out.

I don’t play GvG myself, but if I had the opportunity to do it more easily than it is now, I would do it without hesitation. I count(ed) myself as a hardcore WvWer but lately the imbalance between servers just gets worse and worse (the last 2-3 months).

in WvW

mrstealth.6701

There are a good deal in this thread that believe the players were in the right to act that way. I am simply saying that is not the case.

Some of those players definitely deserve a suspension. It doesn’t really matter what the Anet employee did, there is no excuse for them to behave that way. Both sides of this are wrong. The Anet employee was inappropriately representing his/her company in a very unprofessional manor, and the gvg team was blatantly violating the Code of Conduct with their language and insults.

I can’t really say what the dev was actually doing is wrong. Standing in a field isn’t any more ‘wrong’ than using that field for a gvg. Neither side had any more right to be there than the other, and neither were actually participating in wvw. This empoyee’s wrong doing is limited to the inappropriate use of the Anet tag/logo as a (at least how I interpret it) validation of his/her personal opinion.

in WvW

Posted by: Veteran Oakheart.4035

Veteran Oakheart.4035

DRAMA PLS ! Oh wait… 22 pages of drama arldy !

EDIT: I’m confused, some people post 3 or 4 times a page ! Otherwise this topic would fit in 3 pages !

Spirit Spammer Joe – Legend x2 (S1) ~ GW 2005-2007 best gaming experience~
www.youtube.com/user/stephnbf
www.twitch.tv/veteran_oakheart

in WvW

Empyre.2531

ANet should reveal the name of that lead which was harassing the innocent players tbh. Would shed further light on how they think about wvw/gvg internally.

[RG]

in WvW

Posted by: Radioactive.1248

Radioactive.1248

The staff himself has not shown himself to be remorseful in any way. He had somebody apologize on his behalf. How sincere is that? I apologized long ago, and continue to apologize at this juncture, but I’m sure many of you are just posting out of your kitten , eager to prove the GvG community (of which I am not an active member) is somehow solely at fault for the pathetic actions of an EMPLOYEE of the game. Did I use foul language? Yes. Should I have handled it in a different way? Definitely. Should the ANET employee be held to a higher standard? Yes, we are not employees, and yet we are man enough to apologize, not send a liaison to send a cookie cutter apology to the community and call it good. Don’t ask for the guild leaders to apologize if you are ok with ANET’s apology, ask for some random viewer who can “talk on my behalf” about “how sorry I am”.

Pathetic, and a total cop out of an apology. I hope you realize that this isn’t something worth settling for.

Star Player
[KEK]

(edited by Radioactive.1248)

in WvW

mrstealth.6701

Certain people still seem to feel obligated to point out what other people can and cannot do in WvW. Let me stress once again, that I’ve paid for this game in the same way you have, so am I not allowed to find enjoyment in other aspects of this gametype, that might not necessarily cater towards your vision of what WvW should be like? (As long as it’s within the rules of the game of course)

The most important part is that it’s WvW, not GvG. WvW is in the intended and designed game format, so of course that takes priority. GvG is not “another aspect of this gametype”, it’s a separate player-generated gametype that happens on the same maps.

As you point out, we all paid for the game, so I should not be denied enjoyment from playing wvw because someone else wants to use that map for their own unrelated purpose.

There is a huge difference between saying “you can’t gvg” and “don’t gvg when it will interfere with wvw”
What I am saying is the latter. Have your gvg, but you need to realize that it can, and does in some cases, infringe upon the wvw community.

in WvW

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

They probably have class bias too.

Yup they do it’s why the thiefs are still OP and rangers still suck

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

I’m actually quite pleased about this somewhat. The fact that he actually went and risked his job to argue with players about WvW means that guy has quite a bit of passion for the game.

If he didn’t give a kitten about WvW and how it’s turning out This wouldnt’ve happened. Anyone else think this?

in WvW

Posted by: Requiral.7689

Requiral.7689

I’m Disgusted by the vast GvG community of Harrassing, Belittling and Insulting that staff who feel Ashamed and Remorseful of his wrongdoings.

As the saying goes, “a tooth for a tooth”

Now it will be your turn GvG to be treated Mercilessly.

You will be chased to the far corners of WvW and be no more.

Wvw is a place of Understanding, Mercy and Forgivness… and that, is Not Where You Belong.

Mark my word

Embrace yourselves for the Enforcer.

-WvW will regain its Honor and Dignity-

wat?
It feels like every page just repeats itself on the forum,
People skip the first 20 pages and think they bring in new points to the argument,

From my personal experience, attacking a wooden gate, killing a champion and receiving some WxP is not a worthwhile experience,

For those that enjoy that type of gameplay go ahead, just don’t be surprised if you get bored of this game, I know many people are burnt out in my guild because of these repetitive matchups and/or the reduced amount of gvgs that resulted from the orb update. GvG’s genuinely get me excited to log on and have fun, every fight is an adrenaline rush and I would hope people have the chance to experience it before they criticize those that enjoy it.

I would not be surprised if more people take a break from this game during the leagues, especially when SoR, JQ, BG start stomping the lower tier servers constantly and that makes me sad.

Requiral

I Swear She Was Eighteen [Gwen]

in WvW

mrstealth.6701

ANet should reveal the name of that lead which was harassing the innocent players tbh. Would shed further light on how they think about wvw/gvg internally.

That would be about the worst thing they could possibly do. Gaming communities in general have proved again and again that they cannot act with any decency when given the chance to personally attack a dev that has offended them in some way. Releasing this person’s name would likely result in a social media harassment campaign.

And it does nothing to “shed light on” the company’s opinion of gvg. The company’s overall stance on it is the product of the accumulated beliefs of everyone on the wvw and pvp teams. This employee’s actions represent his or her personal opinion. According to Chris Whiteside, the person in question is not even on the wvw team.

in WvW

Posted by: Gamadorn.2670

Gamadorn.2670

kitten , sooo many views and posts…I didn’t even get a chance to pop in do some dev bashing! Ya’ll beat me to it! lol….well good job Anet…you keep on fighting the good fight and driving your PvP game modes into dirt…instead of monetizing them properly and making a butt load of money!! CHOO CHOOO!!!!!

Dragonbrand
Underwater Operations – [WET]

in WvW

Empyre.2531

The most important part is that it’s WvW, not GvG. WvW is in the intended and designed game format, so of course that takes priority. GvG is not “another aspect of this gametype”, it’s a separate player-generated gametype that happens on the same maps.

As you point out, we all paid for the game, so I should not be denied enjoyment from playing wvw because someone else wants to use that map for their own unrelated purpose.

There is a huge difference between saying “you can’t gvg” and “don’t gvg when it will interfere with wvw”
What I am saying is the latter. Have your gvg, but you need to realize that it can, and does in some cases, infringe upon the wvw community.

You better not interfere with my fun when I gvg.

[RG]

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

When was the last time yaks bend had a full queue on every map? Last october? When does gvg ever interfere with you?

in WvW

Sirendor.1394

xD Do I see this expanding into a server-wide war???? o-O
Now that would be interesting. One server full with people who like GvG and one with only zergers. I bet the GvG people would lead with 5 to 1 and still do GvG all the while with the 3rd server.

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

woah yesterday there were a lot of anet tags running around. anyone else noticed that? the jq anet guy kept ganking people like a boss and our fa anet guy joined us in our 40 omega golem rush and helped us to get our bl back.

maybe anet asked them to play with their tag to prove that not all of their employees lose their temper like that. it is good to hear though that anet is not against gvg…now lets hope its not gonna take them another year for a big update. please anet improve guild content!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Empyre.2531

That would be about the worst thing they could possibly do. Gaming communities in general have proved again and again that they cannot act with any decency when given the chance to personally attack a dev that has offended them in some way. Releasing this person’s name would likely result in a social media harassment campaign.

And it does nothing to “shed light on” the company’s opinion of gvg. The company’s overall stance on it is the product of the accumulated beliefs of everyone on the wvw and pvp teams. This employee’s actions represent his or her personal opinion. According to Chris Whiteside, the person in question is not even on the wvw team.

He’s not on the wvw team yes, but he’s a lead in an uberly important part of the game’s development and even more implementation.

[RG]

in WvW

mrstealth.6701

I would have no reason or desire to interfere with a gvg that isn’t causing any issues for wvw’ers.

in WvW

Empyre.2531

I would have no reason or desire to interfere with a gvg that isn’t causing any issues for wvw’ers.

That limitation is what is wrong in your argument. Gvg is on equal level with wvw as it’s not violating any rule set by Anet. So basically if you harass a gvg that is, in your opinion interfering with wvw as they e.g. dont defend your keep, you are the only one doing wrong.

[RG]

in WvW

mrstealth.6701

When was the last time yaks bend had a full queue on every map? Last october? When does gvg ever interfere with you?

Queues are pretty common on the weekends. It wasn’t long ago that I saw a queue on every map. Not that it requires every map to be queued for there to be a problem. Home borderland queues would be the biggest problem.

And I have actually seen a few instances in the past month or so where gvg matches have created queue issues. Thankfully in at least one incident, the gvg was moved to another map.

in WvW

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

Incredible, sad and utterly disappointing. What ever happened to the game made for the players?

Over the last year I’ve been playing on again off again. Lately I’ve been more in the forums than in game as I’ve been reading dev replies to eke out snippets of where the game is heading.

There’s been so many ‘two steps forward, two steps back, two steps to the side’ updates, I struggle to see how or even if the game has improved. Not to mention, the forums are a scathing experience, and it’s sad how the GW1/pre-GW2 community I remember is not reflected in the GW2 community of today, and I don’t fully blame the players for that.

But I think I’m done. Blizzard is bringing D3 where it deserves to be, Eternal Crusade seems like something that would do PvP justice, and EQNext is something I’ll intently follow from hereon.

I’m sorry ANet, I completely supported GW2, it was the game I held closest to my heart. When I fell in love with GW, the sequel gave me high hopes, but I cannot stand behind it any longer.

And I’m fully aware of the replies that come after posts such as mine. I know “I wont be missed”, right? Well, sadly, the feeling is mutual. Even so, all the best to players and devs alike.

in WvW

mrstealth.6701

That limitation is what is wrong in your argument. Gvg is on equal level with wvw as it’s not violating any rule set by Anet. So basically if you harass a gvg that is, in your opinion interfering with wvw as they e.g. dont defend your keep, you are the only one doing wrong.

By the same standard, there is no rule saying I can’t stand in the middle of the field near the windill, or kill anyone I find there.

wvw and gvg can co-exist, but it requires mutual respect. gvg’ers can’t reasonably expect non-interference while they are interfering themselves. While I would prefer gvg’ers to postpone their match and assist if requested, continuing their match is not a problem if there is no queue. If their presence is creating a queue issue, then they need to move. At that point they are certainly interfering with wvw.

in WvW

Tellerion.8102

The most important part is that it’s *WvW*, not GvG. WvW is in the intended and designed game format, so of course that takes priority. GvG is not "another aspect of this gametype", it’s a separate player-generated gametype that happens on the same maps.

It is another aspect though, created by the players themselves. In my opinion GvG’s belongs in WvW, because the whole setup is based on WvW, just the spectators, surrounding the area, gives a different feel to it. Ideally thought there would be guild halls for each guild, where these could battle against one another, but at current time WvW is the only reasonable places these guilds can face off each-other.

You should also not be denying others from enjoying themselves, regardless of how "unrelated" you think their purposes are.

There is a huge difference between saying "you can’t gvg" and "don’t gvg when it will interfere with wvw"

You simply don’t have the monopoly or authority to decide whats right and wrong here. While I understand where your going with this you also have to try and understand that you cannot dictate how others are meant to be playing the game, as we are all equal here.

~~Ayeres~~

in WvW

Empyre.2531

They are playing the game the way they want, the way ANet says they want it to be played.
The gvgers are in a seperate part of the map, if you come there to “stand around” it’s certain you don’t have good intentions. If you kill someone, ye go ahead, the gvg guilds are organised enough to have you be killed easily by the enemy team.

About queues, ye you create a queue just like a gvger does. Nothing wrong, you both play the game the way you want, again, the way ANet wants you to play.

[RG]

in WvW

mrstealth.6701

It is another aspect though, created by the players themselves. In my opinion GvG’s belongs in WvW, because the whole setup is based on WvW, just the spectators, surrounding the area, gives a different feel to it. Ideally thought there would be guild halls for each guild, where these could battle against one another, but at current time WvW is the only reasonable places these guilds can face off each-other.

You should also not be denying others from enjoying themselves, regardless of how “unrelated” you think their purposes are.

It’s not related to wvw at all, other than taking place on the same maps. And that only happens because there is no other place in the game where it’s possible. It has absolutely nothing to do with wvw.

You simply don’t have the monopoly or authority to decide whats right and wrong here. While I understand where your going with this you also have to try and understand that you cannot dictate how others are playing the game, as we are all equal here.

By the same right, gvg’ers on a queued map have no right to be denying wvw’ers access to that map. Yet that is exactly what they are doing. You are expecting non-interference from the same people you are interfering with.

A gvg can happen on any map, the location doesn’t really matter at all. For wvw, the map we’re on is important. If a map we hold is being attacked, that’s where we need to be. Being denied access to that map because of a gvg (that could be on another map, with no negative effect to the gvg’ers) puts the gvg’ers in the wrong.

in WvW

mrstealth.6701

He’s not on the wvw team yes, but he’s a lead in an uberly important part of the game’s development and even more implementation.

Is this information buried somewhere in the previous 20+ pages of this thread? There is only one dev response, and it makes no reference to this person’s actual position at Anet.

Were you not just stating that Anet should release this person’s name? You seem to be claiming that you already know who it was.

in WvW

Empyre.2531

Ye, the streets already know the name of the person responsible, so I see no point in ANet further trying to conceal it, but it’s their call.

And the dev post on here actually does make a claim towards that guy’s position “not on the wvw team”, because that obviously makes the deed less harmful.

[RG]

in WvW

Tellerion.8102

It’s not related to wvw at all, other than taking place on the same maps. And that only happens because there is no other place in the game where it’s possible. It has absolutely nothing to do with wvw.

According to you it isn’t, but look at the bigger picture. GvG’s might be used as training sessions in order for guilds to improve their general playstyle against like-minded guilds. In the long run the guilds doing GvG’s will get more experienced, and this is something their servers will benefit from, as these guilds will be better suited to handle open-field fights etc.

By the same right, gvg’ers on a queued map have no right to be denying wvw’ers access to that map. Yet that is exactly what they are doing. You are expecting non-interference from the same people you are interfering with.

Your in no right to deny me access to WvW regardless of what my intentions are, just as I’m not allowed to deny you access for the very same principle (This has been my point ever since my very first post today).

I never said I expected non-interference while I GvG, I however appreciate the common decency the majority seems to show, in game, by not doing so.

~~Ayeres~~