1. Thief
2. Ranger
3. Warrior

(Alvyn | Crystal Desert )

Vote for the Profession Collaborative Development

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

I have a hard time understanding all the engi posts they singularly feel like the most well-rounded right now. Their primary issue I’d say is how garbage turret builds are and aesthetically the Hobosack… pls no more hobosack. Outside of that I’d say it’s a l2p issue and people wanting things to be what they dream up in their heads instead.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Teldo.1473

Teldo.1473

1) Elementalist
2) Mesmer
3) Engineer

I like engineers!
www.twitch.tv/teldoo
www.youtube.com/teldo

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

1. Ranger
2. Thief (new roles (currently only roaming in WvW), survivability outside of stealth which would also mean less dependence on stealth…)

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

Are we listing classes that need Balancing or Development Time?

Because I think the number tweaks between classes are largely okay. But there are definitely certain classes that have clunkier gameplay, lackluster utility choices, awkward traitlines, buggy or buggy-seeming performance, etc.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Gwenryth.9450

Gwenryth.9450

1. Ranger
2. Ele
3. Necro

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ithir Darkleaf.7923

Ithir Darkleaf.7923

1) Necromancer
2) Ranger
3) Elementalist

~ The light of a new day

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I have a hard time understanding all the engi posts they singularly feel like the most well-rounded right now. Their primary issue I’d say is how garbage turret builds are and aesthetically the Hobosack… pls no more hobosack. Outside of that I’d say it’s a l2p issue and people wanting things to be what they dream up in their heads instead.

I was actually surprised too but I’m assuming they mean buffs to gadgets,flamethrower etc…skills that aren’t used. Playing with nades, bombs is only fun for so long, more diversity is always great

in Profession Balance

Posted by: fizzle.6784

fizzle.6784

1. Mesmer BUGS
2. Necro
3. I don’t even need to say that Ranger needs serious help

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Ithir Darkleaf.7923

Ithir Darkleaf.7923

Are we listing classes that need Balancing or Development Time?
Because I think the number tweaks between classes are largely okay. But there are definitely certain classes that have clunkier gameplay, lackluster utility choices, awkward traitlines, buggy or buggy-seeming performance, etc.

^This.
So my votes would be then:
1)Necromancer (development time)
2)Ranger (balance)
3)Elementalist(balance)

~ The light of a new day

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

1. Ranger
2. Elementalist
3. Thief

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

1) Necro;
2) Ranger;
3) Elementalist.

It doesn’t seem to be a fair system anyway.

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

in Profession Balance

Posted by: solrik.6028

solrik.6028

1) Ranger;
Needs more condition cleanse.

Needs a specialty. E.g. mesmers have portals, warrior have cc, engineers have aoe etc.

High-point traits should not improve utilities so much that they are much worse than without the trait. E.g. Traps should have their conditions doubled, the trait should instead add utility to them. The added utility can be something like the short immobilize with spike trap.

Also, please don’t nerf more! Rangers are very restricted to tanky builds. Past nerfs like the nerf on SB to make LB more appealing was an ugly move.

2) Engineer
They need more viable builds (just as rangers do.) Almost every engineer I meet in wvw uses the same build or something that is a lot like that build.

3) Thief
Something has to be done with BS + HS spam. Not because it’s overpowered (in some cases) but because a lot of thiefs see that as the only effective way to play a thief.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

1. Elementalist

2. Mesmer

3. Ranger

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

1) Elementalist
2) Ranger
3) Mesmer

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in Profession Balance

Posted by: livlaender.8790

livlaender.8790

from spvp/wvw view

1. Elementalist
2. Ranger
3. Mesmer

die Gedanken sind frei

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Aznspeed.6730

Aznspeed.6730

1) Ranger
2) Ele
3) Engineer

The Guardian of Hope [GoH]- Maguuma
Aznspeed-Ranger; Säber Pendragon-Guardian; Aüster-Ele; Titänià- Warrior

in Profession Balance

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

Entirely for PvE:

1) Necromancer
2) Ranger
3) Necromancer again, just to be sure

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Hey everyone,

For our upcoming CDI projects, we would like to collect your ideas for professions that need balancing. Since there are 8 professions, we would like to do one at a time and would like you to vote on which one comes first.

Please pick the three professions that you feel need the most help right now and list them in order of priority like so:

Example
1. Profession1 (this needs the most help by far)
2. Profession2 (this needs help, but not more than 1)
3. Profession3 (this needs help, but not more than 1 & 2)

Please keep your post to just your 3 votes. If you have any questions, you may ask them here as well.

We will collect the information at the end of the day tomorrow (5:00pm pacific), so make sure to get your vote in before then!

Thanks!

You phrased the question in such a way that people are going to answer with professions which are in the worst shape (meaning underpowered and/or poor mechanics).

However, in order to achieve balance, wouldn’t it also make sense to ask what professions people feel are over the top (too powerful / synergy too stong)?

What if you have a situation where profession X, Y, and Z need the most help, but really it only appears that way because profession A is so overpowered it keeps X and Y from being more widely accepted?

For example, in tPvP, Mesmers and elementalists are nigh non-existent, but that’s actually because thief is so overpowered for that role, elementalists and mesmers have no place in the meta.

In PVE, elementalists are actually really awesome for dungeons, but are far outclassed by warriors because warriors are so overpowered for dungeons.

In WvW, elementalists are good in zergs, but again, warriors are simply better (leaving ele’s relegated to glorified might stackers).

Also, isn’t the primary objective of the balance team to kitten the profession balance in the game and make adjustments to achieve balance? Why do they need our input? Isn’t that kind of like the car manufacturer asking me where he should put the airbags?

(edited by Thedenofsin.7340)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Seraphina.6859

Seraphina.6859

1) Ranger
2) Elementalist
3) Necromancer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

It’s most definitely just a desire to make turrets more viable in multiple areas of the game and improving their AI. AI improvements would be seen in the Ranger pets as well.

Aside from turrets, Engis are in a pretty good spot compared to the poor ranger

@thedenofsin – If all professions are brought to the level of Guardian or Warrior, then nothing’s imbalance and everything’s super powerful (how it should be)

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MikazukiYuki.5036

MikazukiYuki.5036

-Disclaimer: These are from a PvE point of view.-

1. Ranger.
> The profession feels unfinished and unpolished. Its class mechanic is somehow simultaneously hardwired into the game code and feels very alien in a faster-paced action MMORPG. The general lack of synergy in its traits and weapons leaves at least me very confused. My main method of condition removal is to shove them onto ~30% of my damage and hope it doesn’t die? 5 of my traits exist solely because this ~30% of my damage can’t equip gear? This ~30% of my damage can neither dodge nor jump when those mechanics are increasingly becoming the only method of damage mitigation? My ‘best’ weapon has an autoattack that roots me in place and prevents dodging? I could go on and on.

2. Elementalist.
> The archetype of the cloth caster exists in MMOs because the role of the magic-user in a table-top RPG – where magic could open doors, see far away places, befuddle foes, etc – cannot be realized. IE, when combat is the only activity that matters, magic must be given something so that it can compete with physical damage. In a typical game, a profession like the elementalist, with its tiny health pool and lowest armor class, would deal ridiculous amount of damage. And they do, “assuming 25 stacks of might, fury, 25 stacks of vulnerability on the foe, etc.” The point is, there is no reason for them to have such a weakness if their “strength” relies on absolutely perfect conditions. Further, looking at their traits, I almost felt like the right answer was given to me, and that the rest existed to give the illusion of choice. When a trait is good, it’s really really good, but when it’s bad, it’s AWFUL.

3. Warrior.
> This profession is listed here because the topic was unclear as to what “help” meant. I’m going with the idea that “help” means “some sort of looking at”. Honestly, it would be #2 if I didn’t have to list the issue I have with Elementalist first for my complaints to make sense. Warrior suffers for the same reasons Elementalist does; it just suffers differently. When combat is the only activity that matters, and there is an undisputed king of combat, why does anything else exist? With high health and high armor, plus higher-than-average damage out of the box, a warrior can afford to build soft and still eat hits to the face that other professions dare not. And when you open the trait menu, it’s as if the right answers are jumping out at you. This may be a bit of profession bias showing, but if I can kit out my warrior in Devona’s armor – straight off the TP, not even bothering with Scholar runes – a Berserker’s Greatsword of Bloodlust, 30/20/0/0/20, 5 signets, and Berserker of Assassin trinkets and go fight pretty much anything semi-afk while texting, while my fully kitted out ANYTHING ELSE has to use every trick available to it with my full attention…I don’t know. It again makes me wonder what the point of anything else is other than flavor. Heck, it makes me wonder what the point of any build other than pure DPS (which I wasn’t even doing correctly!) for Warrior is. That is not a good place for a profession to be.

-edited for grammar. goes back to lurking-

Professional Lurker
Suffers from Altaholism and Necromancitosis

(edited by MikazukiYuki.5036)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: smitske.4912

smitske.4912

It’s most definitely just a desire to make turrets more viable in multiple areas of the game and improving their AI. AI improvements would be seen in the Ranger pets as well.

@thedenofsin – If all professions are brought to the level of Guardian or Warrior, then nothing’s imbalance and everything’s super powerful (how it should be)

It should not be like that, putting everything on warrior level is serious power creep which would make much content too easy.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Cloud Inva.1765

Cloud Inva.1765

1. Ranger!!!
2. Engineer
3. Elementalist

in Profession Balance

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

1 Ranger
2 thief needs help so be awesome without invisibility.
3 Elementalist

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Abrilete.1439

Abrilete.1439

1. Ranger
2. Engineer
3. Thief

Baruch Bay, Ranger.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Grax.9204

Grax.9204

If you really only want the ones that need to be buffed:

1. Engineer (condi removal)
2. Ele (cooldowns, lots of useless/niche skills)
3. Mesmer (condi removal)

What I would actually consider more helpful would be nerfs on following classes:

1. Warrior (way to much defense and offense bundled together. Face-rolling. Coming from someone that mainly plays warrior atm.).
2. Necromancer (AI spam, condi spam).
3. Ranger (AI spam).

Asura Mesmer – Gragx – Kodash
Virtus – [VRTS]
http://virtus-gilde.de/gw2map

in Profession Balance

Posted by: The Spiral King.2483

The Spiral King.2483

1. Ranger
2. Elementalist
3. Necromancer
I would love to have included Engineer because they need help as well, but these are my absolute top three.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Paz Shadow.9715

Paz Shadow.9715

1) Ranger
2) Engineer
3) Thief

Green Eye of Grenth | PR Officer | JQ

in Profession Balance

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

1. Ranger
2. Elementalist
3. Mesmer

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MFoy.3284

MFoy.3284

1. Ranger
2. Elementalist
3. Necromancer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

1. Ranger
2. Ele
3. Eng

JQ Druid

in Profession Balance

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

I was actually surprised too but I’m assuming they mean buffs to gadgets,flamethrower etc…skills that aren’t used. Playing with nades, bombs is only fun for so long, more diversity is always great

No doubt I feel you there, more variety is always good (nades/bombs/elixir/decap bunker and tri-kit builds are still very functional though)it was just my understanding this was for those who had the most severe problems across the board. Engis at least have multiple builds that work well across multiple game modes. I’d of course like more options for engis but I think there is some other stuff that should take priority for other classes right now despite my love for Engi.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

1. Ranger (Overall performance)
2. Thief (Pigeonholed into a poorly designed stealth)
3. Necromancer (So much great potential spoiled by buffs and nerfs uncalled for)

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Beardmonger.4692

Beardmonger.4692

1. Ranger
2. Engineer (turrets)
3. Necromancer
Honorable Mention: Thief (stealth rework)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Derond.7930

Derond.7930

1. Elementalist(!)
2. Ranger
3. Necromancer

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Repuran.1859

Repuran.1859

1. Mesmer
2. Elementalist
3. Ranger

Full time Engi, Part time Ele

in Profession Balance

Posted by: tsurusennin.4218

tsurusennin.4218

1. Necromancer
2. Engineer
3. Ranger

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Kenshin.2680

Kenshin.2680

1.Elementalist
2.Mesmer
3.Ranger

in Profession Balance

Posted by: phiplayer.2865

phiplayer.2865

1. Ranger ( pet AI, F2 lags, need to be fully traited for signets to work etc. etc.)
2. Necromancer
3. Engineer

Ranger pet needs mechanic changes.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: moronwmachinegun.3815

moronwmachinegun.3815

1. Ranger
2. Engineer (specifically non-grenade)
3. Elementalist

Quaggan is not a bad calf. Quaggan is a good little calf.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: DiamondMeteor.8345

DiamondMeteor.8345

1. Ranger (Just read peoples post please, the entire profession is a mess)

2. Elementalist (sPvP)

3. Engineer (Similar problems to Rangers in many respects)

Ranger / Revenant – Crystal Desert

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Sentient.7892

Sentient.7892

1. Mesmer
2. Engineer
3. Ranger

They just really need to fix Illusionary Leap. I spend way too much in-combat energy attempting to avoid fighting my opponent on slight inclines… On top of that, every offhand weapon besides the pistol has some manner of bug that makes them undesirable (iRiposte’s animation lock, iMage’s blatant unpowered state, iWarden’s attack bug.) The mesmer doesn’t need that much work, a couple of bug fixes would address almost all of the problems, but they do need to be fixed…

Besides that, the engineer class has suffered since the launch of the game from well documented issues, and the ranger class has always existed in, what feels like, an unfinished state.

(edited by Sentient.7892)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: raubvogel.5071

raubvogel.5071

1. necromancer (poor damage, no real build diversity in pve due to no cleave/bounce on several weapons, boring gameplay -> many skill activations but less results/damage)

2. warrior (reasons: to good in everything: damage or buffs via traits, raw damage, buffs via shouts and sign (fury), armor class, high health pool, heal via shouts, condition management)

3. elementalist (poor health pool, bad survivability, bad game design if you want to roll in one attunemnet due to no weapon swap design, fires is great rest is bad or to narrow designed)

-
-
-

4. engineer (bomb and grenades are viable, flamethrower is rather poor damage wise, pistols are rather useless due to the less damage)

5. guardian (poor health pool especially when without buffs/shouts, less build diversity, missing +25% speed signet)

6. ranger (poor damage on the GS, No evade on sword AA, bad push mechanic on LB for melees; add bounce to SB and LB, bad positioning of traits: traps in the precision trait line etc)

7. thief (rather ok, pp is great in pve, s/p is also okay)

8. mesmer (never played, missing +25% speed signet)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Guardian, really?

It is the most balance and aware class in the game. the guardian is great everywhere and has no real flaws, not OP and not weak.

It should not be like that, putting everything on warrior level is serious power creep which would make much content too easy.

It wont make content easy. It will make content as difficult as a level 80 going to queensdale, pretty much so easy that there is no reason to even do the instance.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Profession Balance

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

Since everyone is going to name the class they play the most as the no.1 spot anyway…

1. Necro (for so many reasons)
2. Ranger (since their pets are just as lousy and have the same low build diversity)
3. Ele (since they’ve been nerfed into dust)

So, like I said, for what its worth.
Aside from warriors and guards of course since it’s pretty obvious they’re doing just fine.
I have a feeling that the actual class that needs help is not going to get noted here. The class that people mostly play or want to play will be the no.1 spot. It’s not a matter of fixing the class needing the most attention; it seems as if this would be more on the level of catering to the majority of the playerbase. If that makes any sense. Though as long as something gets fixed right? lol

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

1) Elementalist
2) Ranger
3) Necromancer

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Erdy.3201

Erdy.3201

1) Ranger (only few of PVE people tolerate them in fractals)
2) Engineer (more viable builds)
3) Elementalist (I am dominantly PVE player, so I dont know why, but it has never happened that an elementalist killed my phant-builded mesmer alone)

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Redfox.7890

Redfox.7890

1. Ranger
2. Engineer
3. Elementalist

in Profession Balance

Posted by: Yoshifxe.8346

Yoshifxe.8346

Hahahahaha…. NO
To be brief and blunt more than half of our options for builds are either buggy beyond belief or have little to no integration with traits (gadgets and profession mechanic).

That being said
1) Engineer
2) Elementalist
3) Ranger