Issues with the trading post: please post here [MERGED]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cliff Spradlin.3512

Previous

Cliff Spradlin.3512

Lead Programmer

Next

Hi,

It’s not in the patch notes, but in tonight’s build we rolled out some changes to the Black Lion Trading Company that may fix it for a lot of people.

If it was not working for you, please check now and see if it’s working now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

Trading post has been working fine for me, aside from Thursday night when it stole roughly 1 gold, 95 silver from me. Unlike the people who “lost” money yesterday, it was not delivered half an hour later. It has been 104 hours and I still don’t have it back, or any sort of response to my support ticket…

attempt to buy item -> doesn’t go through -> log out to go to sleep with over 2 gold in inventory -> log back in and have 37 silver in inventory and no items or money in the pickup tab in the trading post-> submit support ticket and bug report -> no response for over 48 hours -> also post on forums -> no response for an additional 56 hours.

What gives? NPCs shouldn’t be able to scam people out of their money, and arenanet shouldn’t be ignoring those of us who lost money this way.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

This probably has been already said in here, and sorry if i’m repeating, but i think this is important because it is confusing the sellers.

The problem is: The trading post is stealing our gold!

With this i mean that when we are selling something we have to pay posting fee (~5% of the selling price). It shows also the value that you will get when the items are sold.
However, this is not happening because after they have been sold we get a lower value (cut in ~10%) than we should receive like it was shown when we put the items for sell.

So, someone is stealing our gold! Please fix this!

PS: I think the one who developed the Trading Post is a Skritt descendant! -_-

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lekhi.9072

Lekhi.9072

I’m very sad because my TP is still blank. When I open it I see white flash for one second. Then its loading and still blank.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zcotticus.9670

Zcotticus.9670

I can’t buy or sell on Trading Post.
The gems count at the bottom of the screen reads “…”, as it does before it loads the correct amount, permanently.
“Buy” button is greyed out. Sell tab is blank.
Items names do not always load fully/correctly.
Item details aren’t displayed.
Previously, deleting local.dat and restarting client has fixed issue. Currently this fix does not work.
I have had this issue since I purchased the game. I have had no help or reply through official channels.
Today alone I have tried restarting several times and relogging character several times also.
No joy.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Damox.3256

Damox.3256

Minor bug:

Filtering in BLTC on Item Upgrades (sigils and jewels, etc) are borked. Filtering for armor upgrades show accessories updates, and weapons show armor upgrades (or vice-versa)

Most probably the filtering ids in the dropdown are wrong.

Update:

After investigating correct subtypes for the dropdown would be:
All -> Subtype=0 or subtype=[null]
Any (usable upgrades on all equipment, like jewels) -> Subtype=1
Armor (runes) -> Subtype=2
Weapons (sigils) -> Subtype=3

Hope this helps in any way,

Regards
D

(edited by Damox.3256)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Giles Marchand.6970

Giles Marchand.6970

I’m missing a black dye/2 gold, 69 silver, and 10 copper. It appears in the “Items I’ve bought” tab but not once in the last five days has this black dye appeared in “Pick Up” tab. I’ve sent in a bug report, a support ticket, and am now posting in the forums. I haven’t gotten a response and I find it a little irritating because as a company who claims to want to build a close community of gamers, you’re doing a terrible job of keeping your current player base. I’d appreciate a post or a reply to my support ticket, at least acknowledging the problem and letting us know that you are aware of the issue and hopefully trying to fix it.

(edited by Moderator)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

This probably has been already said in here, and sorry if i’m repeating, but i think this is important because it is confusing the sellers.

With this i mean that when we are selling something we have to pay posting fee (~5% of the selling price). It shows also the value that you will get when the items are sold.
However, this is not happening because after they have been sold we get a lower value (cut in ~10%) than we should receive like it was shown when we put the items for sell.

It charges a 5% posting fee, and a 10% fee on successful sale. That’s been explained multiple times already. I don’t like it, but it’s not a bug.

It is however stealing people’s money. And I mean all of it, not 15% of it. I finally got a reply to my support ticket that I submitted on Friday and they’re acting like I’m looking for a refund for a vendor purchase, which is not the case at all.

I’m not entirely sure how you would go about asking for a “refund” for theft, but I’m going to keep asking for one until I get one, or at least get a response to my ticket instead of a generic response where they lump me in with a completely separate issue. >:(

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dufox.3150

Dufox.3150

The gems count at the bottom of the screen reads “…”, as it does before it loads the correct amount, permanently.
Previously, deleting local.dat and restarting client has fixed issue. Currently this fix does not work.
I have had this issue since I purchased the game. I have had no help or reply through official channels.
Today alone I have tried restarting several times and relogging character several times also.
No joy.

open gw2 from the install directory, find your gw2 launcher and go to properties then compatibility tab.
click run this program as administrator and apply it.
run the game from the install directory and confirm that its fixed.
(you can try running as administrator with a shortcut but its always better to deal with the original program when trying to fix something like this)

worked for me^^

dont need a sig, im famous *#!@& :D

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aria.6473

Aria.6473

It charges a 5% posting fee, and a 10% fee on successful sale. That’s been explained multiple times already. I don’t like it, but it’s not a bug.

It is however stealing people’s money. And I mean all of it, not 15% of it. I finally got a reply to my support ticket that I submitted on Friday and they’re acting like I’m looking for a refund for a vendor purchase, which is not the case at all.

I’m not entirely sure how you would go about asking for a “refund” for theft, but I’m going to keep asking for one until I get one, or at least get a response to my ticket instead of a generic response where they lump me in with a completely separate issue. >:(

Oh boy, Similar issue. Anyone else here from the trading post / gemstore crash of 9/19/12 (early PST) ? I too got a response from Anet today which sounded a bit misleading.

The MAIN ISSUE here is that the trading post took our gold. I lost a hard 40g on “orders” that were not refunded during the lag/crash along with 600 gems that were spent on Bl-Salvage kits but never came into the mail, (before the system broke itself completely and went unavailable that day).

The newest support email sounds very generic and misdirected, and it has been nearly a week since the issue arose. I gave them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to TP refunds (as this is far from the first time it happened) but losing 40g does hurt, wonder if others are in the same boat:

1) Lost hard gold/gems on crash during Sept 19, 2012 crash
2) Received a very… generic or misdirected email about it recently

It is quite depressing but I suppose I have to take the 40g loss as a loss.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Animatronic Lenin.8127

Animatronic Lenin.8127

Just an update: the recent patch didn’t help with the blank Sell/greyed out Buy problem, but before it was applied, deleting Local.dat fixed it — for one session only, it was right back when I restarted the game. Later on, deleting the file again did nothing.

Scoured this thread again and found someone suggesting manually importing the certificates (gw2.exe → properties → digital signatures → details → install). Tried it -- it seems to have fixed the problem on my current session, though there’s no telling if it’ll be permanent.

Odd that these two completely different solutions would work, but hey, maybe this will help someone.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nasty Qwerty.3482

Nasty Qwerty.3482

Still can’t buy nor sell anything on the BLTC/TP. It’s been 3 days. I’m getting frustrated.

Edit: Importing the certificates works, as stated in the above post

(edited by Nasty Qwerty.3482)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Snowy.1469

Snowy.1469

If importing certificates doesn’t work (like in my case where Windows crashes when I try to do it), try finding Awesomium_Process in the temporary files then delete them – specifically the .dll and the .txt files because the .exe is removed after closing the game. I find that I have to do this after every update otherwise all the tabs will be blank and if they’re not blank then I won’t be able to buy or sell anything. After doing so it takes a few tries to get the TP client to work (usually about three or four tries of opening, closing and loading different tabs – oddly it seems to be the transfer tab that most often gets the client going for me). If you can’t find Awesomium_Process then the easiest way I find is to open the task manager when the game is working, find it in the processes tab, right click and select open containing folder – you’ll need to exit the game before deleting the files though.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Varine.8231

Varine.8231

I am trying to buy items to level my crafting but the buy button doesn’t work.
I have the money but nothing is happening when i click on buy.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

If this is intended, it is plain stupid.

When you pay the 5% fee, the value that appear as the total selling price should be the gold you get back. If they want to make this system as it is now, they should add the value that will be received (with the 10% fee) in case of a successful sell and prior to the actual sell.

If someone is working with the TP and actually trying to make a profit of their hard work they could loose money (if their profit is under 15% globally), simply because they were not expecting that fee!

As an example:
I want to sell a sword for 100g.
The trading post says that to sell that sword for 100g i have to pay a fee of 5g (5%)!
After the sell, i get 90g (cut of 10%), without prior notice!
If i have bought the sword for 90 gold to sell it for 100g, to have a profit of 5g after the 5% posting fee,i will loose money because instead of having a profit of 5g, i will have a loss of 5g (due to the ninja fee)!

I can’t find many dumb thing in this game, but truth be told, this is one of them!

Not fine to me. Fix it please!

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Blue.2014

Blue.2014

Buying things from the trading post is manageable but selling things is just about impossible. When I click on my sell tab It takes about 30 seconds for a list of items that i can sell to show up. Then when I click on an item that I want to sell; it takes about 10 minutes for it to pop up the box with the sale options and posting prices associated to that item.

The way it normally does this is when i click on the item it takes about 3 or 4 minutes then it pops up the box but it will be blank. Then another 5 or 6 minutes later the sale options will finally pop up then I can sell the item as normal.

The problem is that in order to sell 10 items that’s 100minutes roughly for me to do that.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Darkhadia.7564

Darkhadia.7564

No joy.

This and I have checked this morning. It has only ever worked, at most, twice for me.

I’ve tried the suggested, run as admin fix stated above this post but no luck. Isn’t ruining my enjoyment but I can’t buy or sell anything and I would like to be able to buy from the gem store, too! I managed to get the celebration hat on one character on the one day the TP worked for me and had tried to get it on my other characters but not a single other character could get it so that’s a shame, but not important xD

But, yeah. I would dearly love to be able to either buy from the gem shop or sell my greens on the TP instead of vendoring them. Until then, though, I am still having a blast

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: jokermo.3058

jokermo.3058

Hi,

It’s not in the patch notes, but in tonight’s build we rolled out some changes to the Black Lion Trading Company that may fix it for a lot of people.

If it was not working for you, please check now and see if it’s working now.

i did and its not still same old error invalid authorization
idk what that means but its been that way since launch and nothing suggested so far seems to fix it

in Black Lion Trading Co

Damox.3256

If this is intended, it is plain stupid.

When you pay the 5% fee, the value that appear as the total selling price should be the gold you get back. If they want to make this system as it is now, they should add the value that will be received (with the 10% fee) in case of a successful sell and prior to the actual sell.

If someone is working with the TP and actually trying to make a profit of their hard work they could loose money (if their profit is under 15% globally), simply because they were not expecting that fee!

As an example:
I want to sell a sword for 100g.
The trading post says that to sell that sword for 100g i have to pay a fee of 5g (5%)!
After the sell, i get 90g (cut of 10%), without prior notice!
If i have bought the sword for 90 gold to sell it for 100g, to have a profit of 5g after the 5% posting fee,i will loose money because instead of having a profit of 5g, i will have a loss of 5g (due to the ninja fee)!

I can’t find many dumb thing in this game, but truth be told, this is one of them!

Not fine to me. Fix it please!

We understand … and we agree, perhaps it needs to be explained better.

But this is not the thread for this, this is for reporting bugs. Not things you think should be done differently regardless if we agree or not. This is working as intended (even if you dont agree) so its NOT a bug.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Damox.3256

Minor bug:

Filtering in BLTC on Item Upgrades (sigils and jewels, etc) are borked. Filtering for armor upgrades show accessories updates, and weapons show armor upgrades (or vice-versa)

Update:

Regards
D

There is a similar bug in the consumables filtering.

I’ll check the BLTC with the webrowser to check the correct subtype ids for filtering and edit this post with the correct ids.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Previous

Cliff Spradlin.3512

Lead Programmer

Next

Minor bug:

Update:

Regards
D

There is a similar bug in the consumables filtering.

I’ll check the BLTC with the webrowser to check the correct subtype ids for filtering and edit this post with the correct ids.

We’ve got a bug on this now. Thanks for the report.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Makovorn.1706

Makovorn.1706

I just want to jump in and ask if the issue with the text break-up in the BLTC on a small UI setting, is being investigated? I’ve noticed that when you set your UI scale to small, the font used in the BLTC seems to scale very poorly. I like that font better than the new font they’ve implemented for everything else, however, the new font scales beautifully with all UI size settings.

Although you can still read most of what’s going on in the trade post, it becomes quite difficult when you’re presented with really small text. In some instances, you cannot distinguish 8’s from 6’s or even 0’s, and reading descriptions of items becomes challenging at best. It’s almost like there are pixels missing. Perhaps they could implement the same, new font for the BLTC as well?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Caramulo.3976

Caramulo.3976

For anyone who:

- Tries to open the trading post, remotely or on site of the NPC, and doesn’t see anything on any tabs of it (sell/buy/pick up etc etc);
- Can only buy gems and other stuff but can’t sell;
- Can only see what are the top items tab;
- Can’t see any items on the “Sell Stuff” tab that exist on his/hers inventory and can’t sell anything;
- Other random issues that are related to the Trading Post but not mentioned above;

Then try this, I did it 2 days ago and it worked:

1 – Go to the options menu, go to the 1st tab if I recall correctly, and change the language of the text. English to Spanish, Spanish to French, German to English…it doesn’t matter;

2 – Go to the options menu, go to last tab if I recall correctly, check what is the key attributed to the action “Toggle Language”. It should be near the end of the list and by default I think it’s the Right Ctrl Key;

3 – Close the option menu;

4 – Open the Trading Post;

5 – Choose one of the existing tabs and then press the key to “Toggle Language”. Try to hit the key, choose another tab on the Trading Post, hit the key again and see if it works at any time and you have your old Trading Post menu working. You should see the names of the items, menus and even quests change. Don’t worry;

6 – If your issue was something like mine, it should be working now. You only need to revert the options on the menu and no more need to press “Toggle Language”;

7 – If you close the client and relog, you might get the same little issue. I know it’s not perfect but until the tech team figures out what is wrong, it’s the best one can do about it;

8 – If it doesn’t solve your specific issue, don’t give up.

Hope it helps, best regards to all adventurers out there,

Caramulo

THANK YOU! I have been so frustrated with this issue and this seems to work for me. And for anyone else that tries this, it still worked for me when I changed my language back to English in the options menu. If it reverts for you, just try doing it again.

:)

Glad it helped you and several others that took the time to write here.
For me, it’s still happening and I’m still working around it it with the language refresh. But happens a lot less after the latest patch.

Hope it gets repaired for good soon.

Best regards.

(edited by Caramulo.3976)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

I have been crafting exotic bows lately and i released that Trade Broker charge me twice when i am selling the item.

When i finished crafting the bow i clicked on it, and said: Sell on the trade broker. The TB comes up usually with the best price offered for that item. In this case for the exotic bow, there was an offer for 2gold 20 silver. Next to it there was a message: listing fee is 9.50 silver. I clicked OK. My wallet in my inventory has been charged for 9.50 silver and when i went to Pick Up label, it turned out there only 1 gold and 94 silver.

So basically selling 1 bow on Trade Broker cost me 35.50 silver. WTF?!

Something is fishy about this for me. Only for me? If you have any experience please share with me.

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aria.6473

Aria.6473

Anybody else from the Sept 19, 2012 TP / Gem Store crash who lost their gold still here?

I was probably one of the more heavily hit ~40g / 600gems but I figured more people would respond given that it has been a week+. Did you guys end up getting your stuff back or have you simply quit?

I am starting to get the typically customer support loop around / deflection responses. It sounds as if nothing ever happened that date. My god it is getting annoying, does anyone know if Anet keeps a log of every mail/tradingpost/gemstore transaction and pickup? I know I go through hundreds of transactions a day and would not mind doing the extra work if that is what they are afraid of. I just want my money back or simply a statement that they f’d up and cannot restore because of ineptitude.

Every second I spend in this game I fear of losing a part of my work/fortune, that really fun feeling =/

in Black Lion Trading Co

jokermo.3058

well my tp is working but i am having trouble trying to read any of it as the font is really tiny and mushed together i also cannot even see if the thing ill be buying will be better then what i have now as it wont show me the popup box to show what it does i also am wanting to know if it will ever be possible to preview the item before i buy it

well i was wrong i can buy but not sell so nothing new here

(edited by jokermo.3058)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Areann.1304

Areann.1304

I have been crafting exotic bows lately and i released that Trade Broker charge me twice when i am selling the item.

When i finished crafting the bow i clicked on it, and said: Sell on the trade broker. The TB comes up usually with the best price offered for that item. In this case for the exotic bow, there was an offer for 2gold 20 silver. Next to it there was a message: listing fee is 9.50 silver. I clicked OK. My wallet in my inventory has been charged for 9.50 silver and when i went to Pick Up label, it turned out there only 1 gold and 94 silver.

So basically selling 1 bow on Trade Broker cost me 35.50 silver. WTF?!

Something is fishy about this for me. Only for me? If you have any experience please share with me.

I have noticed the exact same thing as you!

Arenanet still has to anwser my ticket.

in Black Lion Trading Co

jokermo.3058

well back to error invalid authorization again
i know i have already said that before but i almost had use of my tp for a moment then back to the usual

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Libertine Lush.1320

Libertine Lush.1320

This is has been occurring to me for about a week: When I search for an item, then click on the item, nothing happens. It stalls, showing the rotating yellow circle. So I can’t purchase items.

An ArenaNet employee who is on IRC suggested that I delete the “gw2cache…” folder. I did that and it merely allowed the TP search to work a couple times. Soon after, it went back to stalling when I click on an item to try to display more info/sellers for it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Inshi.6970

Inshi.6970

Trading post is ‘eating’ money…
I just sold 10 Unidentified Dyes for lowest sell price 4,97 / piece, that should give me 49 silver 70 bronze, but when items got sold, I got only 44,71 from Trading Post NPC…
so… where is the rest of my money?

To answer probably obvious hints, I didnt misscalculated price, and I did calculated the costs of placing a sell item. This was strictly monet that I should get from NPC.

I tried the same with couple other items, and I always got less that I wanted to sell for.
So do we have another bug or am I missing some hidden costs?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: NoScope.9531

NoScope.9531

Trading post bugged atm?

I’m buying items but all the items I buy don’t show up in the pick up list.

If I’m placing an offer with an item I get “Error placing offer” (or something like that, don’t remember it anymore). I lost the item out of my backpack and now it is just gone.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Charybdis.9153

Charybdis.9153

ok for anyone who has been having blank tabs in their trading post – i live behind a proxy for GW2 as i am in Australia and found that it was my proxy that caused the blank tabs – well seems proxycap to be precise – if this can help anyone else i am happy

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tawnee Em.8214

Tawnee Em.8214

This has been reported on support ticket 120922-003995 and pretty much NOTHING has been done about it. On 09/21/2012 I bought 1600 gems. My credit card was charged and I received the 1600 gems. I bought a mini-pet pack, a dye pack and a bank pane. I received everything just fine and had a gem balance of 500. A little later on I tried to buy another mini-pet pack and nothing happened when I clicked on confirm. After several attempts I finally gave up. Now here is the issue. When I logged back into the game on 09/22/2012, I discovered my gem balance was 0, the extra bank pane, the mini-pets and the dyes I had purchase the day before were GONE. On 09/26/2012, I received a canned response from support about how my email account is full and that is what is delaying the delivery of my items. It’s as though they did not even read what the issue is. Nothing is being done about this issue. It has been 9 days since this happened. As far as I’m concerned, this constitutes theft.

This issue plus all the broken skill challenge issues are really souring me on this game. Hopefully posting this here will get the ball rolling. But I’m not holding my breath.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wechsl.2907

Wechsl.2907

Does any1 else ever notice that some items if you try to sell on the trading post are getting lower offered prices then the actual vendor sell value? I get this with armor and weapons past lvl 20… I was under the impression that you can’t bid lower then vendor price +1 copper. It may have something to do with the fact that different lvl items of the same type have the same name.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: vampiregoat.4763

vampiregoat.4763

I have the problem when I go to sell items it comes up blank and I am just sick of not being able to use it. LORD forbid if I want to buy it works like a charm but selling FORGET IT.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MrGeektastic.3056

MrGeektastic.3056

Hey no idea if this is a bug or i just can’t find them but i bought four dye pack off the BLT and i haven’t recevied them, is this a bug or am I just missing something here?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bionic.2416

Bionic.2416

I wrote this on another topic, copy/pasting it here also:

""
Tried to buy 400 gems, this past night, it said “Failure”. At first money wasnt gone, 1g 49s 1c. I logged for the night, but uppon return this morning i see money is gone and still 0 gems….

Please fix.
Regards
""

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DjJazzman.4031

DjJazzman.4031

My issue with the BLTP is still been going on for over a month now, I’m still gettign that grey screen for everything except for the last tab in the Auction house.

This is seriously getting really annoying, I can’t make any money if I can’t sell it.

Leyologist Tibbol, [I]Arcane Leyline Expert and Synergetics Graduate[/I] Tarnished Coast

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tawnee Em.8214

Tawnee Em.8214

And another canned response to my trouble ticket that has nothing to do with my situation. I have come to the conclusion that no one actually reads the support tickets

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: axle.8620

axle.8620

Caramulo.3976: your language trick work for me too, thank you very much!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lucrezia.6503

Lucrezia.6503

Hello,

When I try to buy/sell something via the trading post, I get a network error (1041:56:2:1002:101).
Additionally, the game often shows an hourglass on the search result list.

The rest of the game is totally fine and my roommate playing via the same connection does not have this issue.

Thank you very much for you help, kind regards,
Lucrezia

in Black Lion Trading Co

jokermo.3058

ok cliff we got a problem again same error invalid authorization when i log in this morning if its the interface or preview its ok really i can live just the trading post will be fine

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

I tried to buy some ancient wood logs. When I placed my order it gave me an error, took my 24 silver, and didn’t give me any logs. When I placed my next order it gave me a partial success, gave me half the logs I ordered, but still took the full 25 silver out of my inventory. I ended up spending over 60 silver on 24 logs.

If an error occurs, it shouldn’t take the money, it should only take as much as you are actually given.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

in Black Lion Trading Co

jokermo.3058

well i should amend that i have never had it steal money or anything of that sort just the error

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Grezko.7950

Grezko.7950

There seem to be a problem with TP prices updating in real time. When i search for an item it shows me one price, when i get there i see another. and it is NOT due to some item being put on sale just when i click. I can confirm this with expensive items that do not get traded too often.

Officer of Executed [EXE] from Piken Square.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chuckles.3754

Chuckles.3754

I can confirm what Grezko above is saying, the trading post seems to be off since the patch. I was attempting to purchase a greatsword for the 20 silver price and when getting to the actual listing page it was 26 silver.

Unless you watch what you’re doing, you could loose some big money due to things not updating properly.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Previous

Cliff Spradlin.3512

Lead Programmer

Next

We’ve confirmed an issue where the search results’ prices can get out of sync with the actual prices of items. We’re working on a fix. Thanks for the reports.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wolf Piede Ombra.1409

Wolf Piede Ombra.1409

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fixintothrill.1067

Fixintothrill.1067

Just came across an ArenaNet Dev post about the Blank Trading Post screens…

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/arenanet-tracker/topic/234625-issues-with-the-trading-post-please-post-here-merged/

Hi,

Thanks to skagrin, I have a new solution for people who are unable to load the trading post. I’ve tested this on a Windows XP VM here to make sure it works, but haven’t done much.

The theory is that the root certs on your computers are not up to date. Follow these steps to update them:

1. Close the game client
2. Download and run http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/rootsupd.exe
3. You’ll probably have to click ‘run’ or ‘allow’ a couple times, but after that, nothing will appear. But that’s OK, your root certs have now been updated.
4. Open the game client and try to access the trading post

If you haven’t been able to load the trading post at all, try these steps. If this works for you, I’ll ask our customer service team to write up more formal documentation on this procedure.

Thank you so much for this Felgor! I am happily able to use the TP/Gem Store again after doing this… Those blank screens were on the verge of driving me insane.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shailyn Slay.7234

Shailyn Slay.7234

I had the same problem (all tabs of the Gem-store weren’t loading, Gold & gem’s I had did not display at all) and this fix worked.
Now idea how it happened though: this computer has Win7-Prof and though I didn’t use it the last month it did the Windows update today and Gemstore was working during the beta.

Okay update:
So the fix worked – and somehow still works. But I had to reapply it after shutting down my Pc, no idea if its a problem on my side or a (possibly) generall issure; also I only works if I run this file before starting GW2. Just wanted to add this

(edited by Shailyn Slay.7234)