Issues with the trading post: please post here [MERGED]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SirNuX.2371

SirNuX.2371

The TP is also blank for me, even tho it has worked before after a simple relog but now thats not working anymore. I dont have a firewall and the repair didnt fix it neither. Anything else?

What happens when you log into this link?

https://account.guildwars2.com/login?redirect_uri=http%3A%2F%2Ftradingpost-live.ncplatform.net%2Fauthenticate%3Fsource%3D%252F&game_code=gw2

That link is the trading post that can be viewed from a browser.

More information can be found here:
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/45667-guildwars2spidy-graphs-of-the-trade-market/

…so don’t think it’s a hack attempt because the domain name is account.guildwars2.com which is owned by NCSoft/ArenaNet.

Anyway, if it doesn’t show up from that link either, then you’re problem is with the certificate still.

Well its under maintenance right now so I’ll check it out later

Yurkov – Necromancer – 80
Roma Yurkov – Warrior – 65
[DIE] Dragons In Exile – Far Shiverpeaks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Saelly.9218

Saelly.9218

Has anyone found a solution for this problem?

i m having trouble with 1 issue which is selling anything on the trade post! Every time i wanna sell something the trade post is stuck on loading your inventory and it stays blank!

Can anyone please advise the fix for this issue?
_________

Thanks for your help.

btw. i’m using Win XP SP 3
i tried to deactivate my sunbelt firewall, windows firewall and “noscript” on Mozilla Firefox

nothing worked

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

So I haven’t seen the following scenario posted, but I’ve encountered it twice now while on the TP.

I went to buy a dye, and I wanted to get 3 of them. There are 3 available at the lowest price of 80 copper. I enter 3 in the quantity box and hit buy , but instead of getting charged 2 silver 40 copper, I was charged over 3 silver. All I can figure is that in the time I entered my quantity and clicked buy that the 3 at that price had sold and that the TP automatically sold me the next lowest price. This also happened to my wife, but at much more dramatic rate, as hers jumped from 90 copper up too 45 silver as the next cheapest one was someone price gouging. Really need to have a confirmation box after clicking buy stating what price you are paying and if you’re OK with that, if the ones you’re buying sale in that time frame then it needs to error and reject the sale, not automatically sale the next lowest price.

It tells you how many is available at that price. If you put in custom order it will tell you what the next price is.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Siadea.3950

Siadea.3950

I can’t buy anything at the TP at all. The Buy button remains grayed out for me, despite my having enough money to buy the items?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: davo.5926

davo.5926

Ok, so i got blank trading post and gem store window problem too, read the whole topic, tried every suggestion none of it works, pretty sure it’s not my side as it was working when you guys released TP to 15 % random players (was lucky enough to be in that pool, it worked for me) after that nothing, blank screen, even tho your silly wiki site says it’s up for everyone it’s not up for me. I am running Win 7 64 bit, no firewall. None of the fixes are working. Will ANET care enough to fix that annoying bug or code error ?

“Care enough”? What’s wrong with you that you think they don’t care…

Try the certificate update fix 5 times in a row then reboot. Worked for others.

How is updating my certificates 5 times gonna do better than doing it once ? If it worked for someone that had to do it 5 times its prolly he didnt do it properly at first. Also my certificates were up to date in the first place, second thing is that I had it working, and it stopped working while I didnt modify anything on my pc, hence the assumption of lack of care from anet.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: davo.5926

davo.5926

I have windows 7 64 and was having the same issue, not able to see anything displayed on black lion tabs. My automatic windows update was set to disabled.

I have resolved the issue by allowing windows to update and also following the instructions below.

Cliff Spradlin.3512:
OK, so it sounds like the fix wasn’t perfect. So for those of you who are having issues loading the trading post in the last couple days, DaKwL offered a good suggestion. I’ll expand it a little bit.
Note, by following these instructions you will lose at least your graphics settings and have to set them up again:
1) Close the game client
2) Delete the local.dat file located in Documents\Guild Wars 2\local.dat
3) Open the game client
Hopefully this resolves your issue until we can apply a patch on the server. If you don’t feel comfortable doing this change, we’re still working on fixing it on our end.
Sorry for the trouble.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Keahi.3620

Keahi.3620

I’m still investigating these reports, but I don’t have any answers either way yet. One thing I can say is that more than 99% of the stuck transactions during that period are now completed.

Consider me one of the remaining 1%
It’s been 3 days and i’m still missing 6-8g from cancelled buy orders, which is especially frustrating as it is essentially all of my gold and my trading ability is crippled without it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

I noticed that when I bought something just now and it failed with a network error. The item was no longer there(maybe someone beat me too it) but I did get my coinage back.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Easypeasy.1246

Easypeasy.1246

I’ve been investigating reports of money and/or items disappearing when using the Trading Post. I’m going to report my current status.

To start with – I have found no cases yet where money and/or items have actually been lost. There are however a number of issues in the current trading post UI which could lead players to think their stuff has been lost. Combined with intermittent delivery delays, this is leading to a lot of understandable confusion.

I listed items for sale, some sold, I looked at the sold items and the total was about 40-50s.

I received about 60 copper.

There also needs to be a buy confirm step – making multiple purchases due to the TP system lag is a problem.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: squeezoid.7528

squeezoid.7528

was working perfect this morning, now everything is empty…….

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Refraction.1892

Refraction.1892

It seems tonight (08/09/2012) i have lost everything that i was selling prior to the maintenance the trading post underwent earlier. No matter how I sort my auctions, they just aren’t there. That’s about 1g worth of stuff just gone and as im still quite new to the game, that’s half of my money gone.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: booyah.9082

booyah.9082

I have not been able to use the trading post at all. Please explain why. My friends can use it. I cannot. I go on the “trading post” tab and i can see the lists of items and search for different items on the post, but I cannot buy them.

When I go to the “sell at trading post” screen" it does not populate the page. It simply has the title Sell at Trading Post. I cannot add items to sell. Please help me.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: faith.8560

faith.8560

The “transactions” tab does not have a “next” button. When you have more than 10 items listed, for instance, you cannot see past the last 10 posted. Currently it seems that the only way to get at the things you’re selling or buying past the last 10 is to cancel the last 10 as well.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pony.3256

Pony.3256

Why is the trade broker back up?
It was down for a while and I thought things were getting fixed, but apparently not.
Sorry if I sound rude.
I’m just annoyed because when I want to buy something, i can’t do a wide search for items.
Let’s say i wanted to buy a high level armor piece to remodel the appearance of the armor i have.
I would want to look up Armor -> Coat – > Only show Available:
It will load up and show the first page:
Items on page 1-10
If i try to go to the next page, it goes blank and says ‘No Results Found’
Sometimes i can get to the sixth page, but then it messes up and i have to start all over again.
See why I’m annoyed?
I thought it was only me so I tried one of the fixes listed in this forum.
None of them worked.
So I asked my guild mates to try it out and it messes up for all of them too.

I know it’s a lot of work and there are going to be bugs since this game barely launched, but I don’t understand why the trade broker is even up if it’s still buggy.
—-
So after the game restart, it still doesn’t work?
Can we get an answer if this is even being looked into?
The new game update doesn’t even mention the trading post.

(edited by Pony.3256)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: PurdueEE.2703

PurdueEE.2703

The “transactions” tab does not have a “next” button. When you have more than 10 items listed, for instance, you cannot see past the last 10 posted. Currently it seems that the only way to get at the things you’re selling or buying past the last 10 is to cancel the last 10 as well.

I have this same problem as well. It’s a major usability issue. I was hoping that it would be fixed when I saw it go down this afternoon, but it’s just as bad today as it was last night.

I also have the issue where typing fast drops the 0 in the buy screen but it still calculates the price as if the trailing 0 was still there.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Celebrian.6098

Celebrian.6098

Is there a way to view my older listings? I believe they are still up, but I can only view up to my 10 last listings. for any list of sold, buying, or selling. If this was posted earlier in this thread and resolved I could not find it. Thanks for any help.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ahses.4062

Ahses.4062

The buy button is greyed out. I can’t buy anything. What do I do to fix this?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lollie.5816

lollie.5816

Is the trading post supposed to be up right now? I’m getting “invalid authorization” when I open trading post and the gem store, this has happened before…doesn’t always happen but right now that’s all I’m getting. I’ve been able to access both the trading post and gem store previously. Right now I can’t. Again. I have gems, and I can’t use them if I want to (denial of service, paid for goods but can’t access them). Can someone official fix this?

I also get the same message (“invalid authorization”) when I go to the gem store website —→ https://gemstore-live.ncplatform.net/ so repairing the client won’t help, I’m just not able to get into the gem store/trading post at times.

(edited by lollie.5816)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tofucouncil.4028

tofucouncil.4028

Still have not received any ITEMS and GOLD losses from the September 6th maintenance. Anyone else still facing the same problem?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: darkangel.4620

darkangel.4620

Trading post is down again for everyone?? Cant get access and everyone on my chat EU Whiteside Ridge says they cant get in TP.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: bluemonkey.1762

bluemonkey.1762

I’m having a few problems that are annoying:

1) I’ve got a long list of items for sale, but only the first 10 are ever displayed. I know the remaining are all there as they reappear as items are sold or cancelled.

2) Several times today (9/7/12) while searching for items, such as Wool Insignia, the list would indicate 20+hits. But after clicking “next” once or twice, the trading post would error & show no results.

3) Frequently, when I used the auto-fill feature to complete a name in the search engine, it would proceed to crash the interface. Closing & reopening the Trading Post window would restore usability, but I’ve stopped using the auto-fill function as a result.

4) The items I’ve bought using custom purchase requests don’t appear on my buying history. However, items I buy “instantly” do populate the list.

Loving the rest of the game; would love it more if Trading Post was more reliable.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Myto.3826

Myto.3826

So trading post was down last night EU time. And it’s down now. I don’t know if it was up at any point in between. (Underworld server)

No mention of trading post problems in the latest game status update. This is getting unacceptable.

Edit: It’s up now, I suppose it was down for the update below.

(edited by Myto.3826)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cliff Spradlin.3512

Previous

Cliff Spradlin.3512

Lead Programmer

Next

Hi,

A few fixes have just been deployed to the live game:

1. When a buy order partially or completely fails, the unspent coins are now refunded back to your character’s wallet. Previous a bug had the unspent coins going to the pickup tab.
  2. The My Transactions page now allows you to access all of your transactions – it now paginates properly.
  3. Icons should now properly appear in the My Transactions page

Note – when cancelling a custom buy order or completing a sell order will still be returned to you via the pickup tab. This is by design.

We’ve got more fixes and improvements in the pipeline, and we’re still researching players’ problem reports. We hope these fixes help.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Arkane.7610

Arkane.7610

Hi.
Trading Post doesnt work for me at all.
I’m playing for 2 weeks, and i’ve never seen working TP.
Just nothing happens when i open TP window.
That’s not about maintenance, cuz other players trading perfectly in same time with me.
That’s annoying. Looks like I’m the only one with broken TP.
Any ideas?
Thx.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Myto.3826

Myto.3826

Arkane, someone mentioned that they had the same problem and it was because of their proxy settings; the trading post is a web page so your internet connection configuration affects it.

So you might try going to Internet explorer → Connections → LAN settings and disable everything there. (Or enable the proxy if you are playing from somewhere that needs it to access web pages.)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KerenRhys.1694

KerenRhys.1694

Is the TP supposed to be up right now?
I still have it “Down for maintenance”.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Imp.9025

Imp.9025

HEY…. THIS SEEMS TO FINALLY WORK FOR THOSE THAT HAVE PROBLEM LOADING THE TRADING POST IN WIN7 x64.

This seems to work for me.

1. Close the game client
2. Download and run http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/rootsupd.exe
3. You’ll probably have to click ‘run’ or ‘allow’ a couple times, but after that, nothing will appear. But that’s OK, your root certs have now been updated.
4. Open the game client and try to access the trading post

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: dslocknel.6293

dslocknel.6293

worked for me, nice find, gonna have to share it with my guildmates

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zonix.7549

Zonix.7549

The TP is also blank for me, even tho it has worked before after a simple relog but now thats not working anymore. I dont have a firewall and the repair didnt fix it neither. Anything else?

https://account.guildwars2.com/login?redirect_uri=http%3A%2F%2Ftradingpost-live.ncplatform.net%2Fauthenticate%3Fsource%3D%252F&game_code=gw2

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/45667-guildwars2spidy-graphs-of-the-trade-market/

…so don’t think it’s a hack attempt because the domain name is account.guildwars2.com which is owned by NCSoft/ArenaNet.

Anyway, if it doesn’t show up from that link either, then you’re problem is with the certificate still.

I can see the trading post from here.
In game I still see the spinning (loading) yellow circle.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ravensbane.3960

Ravensbane.3960

Items and cash that the TP ate 5 days ago on the collection tab are still not returned. This includes level 80 exotic orichalcum jewellery :|

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Yinari.3189

Yinari.3189

Right now I can’t buy anything because the “buy” button stays gray. And I also can’t sell anything because the items from my bag don’t show up in the sell window…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Morzhul Audron.5672

Morzhul Audron.5672

Not sure if anybody mentioned it already, but I wanted to buy some number of items, say, 10 – it automatically increased the price to the correct value, then I pressed buy and success message popped up. The problem is, I received only 1 item instead of 10 and all my gold is lost now cause it has not been refunded so far.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Arkane.7610

Arkane.7610

Arkane, someone mentioned that they had the same problem and it was because of their proxy settings; the trading post is a web page so your internet connection configuration affects it.

So you might try going to Internet explorer -> Connections -> LAN settings and disable everything there. (Or enable the proxy if you are playing from somewhere that needs it to access web pages.)

Hi.
When I enable proxy, there is only one difference: i don’t see yellow downloading circle (not always), but there is still empty TP window.
About root updates: this link doesn’t work for me.
Can someone give link on working fresh root updates for Windows 7 64.
Thx.

(edited by Arkane.7610)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ephant.8691

ephant.8691

Items and cash that the TP ate 5 days ago on the collection tab are still not returned. This includes level 80 exotic orichalcum jewellery :|

I’m still investigating these reports, but I don’t have any answers either way yet. One thing I can say is that more than 99% of the stuck transactions during that period are now completed.

Consider me one of the remaining 1%
It’s been 3 days and i’m still missing 6-8g from cancelled buy orders, which is especially frustrating as it is essentially all of my gold and my trading ability is crippled without it.

This!

Im still waiting for 8-9g . Whatever… I lost all hope already.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sirleo.7812

sirleo.7812

I can browse and buy on the trading post, but selling is unavailable. There is just a blank screen.

I also cannot see the gems that I have purchased with in-game currency.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TwistedTera.4853

TwistedTera.4853

I can’t seem to buy anything on the trading post when it isn’t down for maintenance. My buy button is greyed out, although I usually have the funds to buy whatever it is I’m attempting to buy.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dzejks.9073

Dzejks.9073

Well all Black Lion Trading Company applications are blank for me.
People told me to restart my client but that didnt help even after I restarted my client several times.
Anyone else having this problem?

Hi
I have same problem as you.
All menu in Black Lion Trading Company is blank

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dante.8574

Dante.8574

Selling items currently is not profitable for any player who understand a bit of economy.

Currently selling items you have to pay a listing fee which in general isn’t much, but after several attempts I find that the listing fee that deducts from your trade profit is double the amount.
I have tried various different items and various different pricing and deducted the problem to be in that one single variable.

example.

250 copper ore selling 20 each
profit is 50 silver
listing fee for the amount is 2 silver 50 bronze

total profit is supposed to be 47 silver and 50 bronze

i get 45 silver

in total in this manner have lost approximately 30-40 silver just trying to find out what could be the cause of the issue

on the other side there is a good thing to it where a lot of players currently are trying to buy items to resell them for fast money (buying 250 copper for 18 = 45 silver then sell for 20 should get 47.50 yet gets 45 so no gains or losses), but then it effects those who try to earn in a fair way by mining ores and chopping down trees.

Edit:

After reading a few more pages I found that apparently the listing fee is 5% of the total sale which will not be refunded if canceled (fair enough) and that not only there is a 10% deduction to the amount gained through the sale.

using simple math this still does not add up properly. anyone have any ideas of what could be the cause of the problem??

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those
who in times of great moral crises
maintain their neutrality

(edited by Dante.8574)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: AlexV.7904

AlexV.7904

I’m now into day 7 of having the game, and I cannot buy anything from the BLTC screen, I cannot sell anything from the BLTC screen, and I can’t claim my free Celebration Hat either.

Also, as part of experimenting, I bought myself some gems with gold… the money has disappeared, but I cannot find anything anywhere that tells me if I actually got the gems.

I’ve tried deleting and replacing Local.dat, running the game as Admin, and anything else I can think of and am getting… nothing. Anyone got any thoughts?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SirNuX.2371

SirNuX.2371

I can see the trading post from here.
In game I still see the spinning (loading) yellow circle.

The TP is still blank for me, even after the maintenance screen… Also I cant buy anything either. Still the same bug…

Yurkov – Necromancer – 80
Roma Yurkov – Warrior – 65
[DIE] Dragons In Exile – Far Shiverpeaks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Doctorfun.3470

Doctorfun.3470

I have the tooltip problem. I can list items and buy them (didn’t try to sell anything) and pick them up. But I can’t see a single tooltip for items listed or even for items in the gem shop. Also the gem shop refuses to display the amount of gems I have. This wasn’t happening earlier, so it’s either due to a patch or a local file error. I’ll try the -repair procedure and see what happens.

Political correctness is common sense driven to insanity!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gary.1850

Gary.1850

I managed to run thekittentrading post by ussing ssh tunnel and putting it as proxy in internet explorer, but thats not a solution, obviously the trading post is using some packets/ports that are blocked or unaccesible by my isp, or maybe it is that my isp doesnt provide public ip to me, but then again, everything was fine with it few days ago, your devs must have made some change that prevents me from accessing trading post without proxy. Every other game/site/internet dependant application works fine for me so I am sticking with my theory that the fault is on ANET. Should any rep need more info on the fix/ my system/ isp I am happy to provide it. Not gonna use ticket anymore tho, all the help i got there was automated msg about “trading post transactions”. Really poor support tbh.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: barbour.3062

barbour.3062

Just found this thread. Reposting my problem here:

I have went to buy items from the trading post with my coins and the buy button doesn’t work. Doesn’t light up at all. Tried to use make an offer as a work around but the offer button isn’t working as well. Sent screen shot ingame to gm. Hopefully this issue gets solved.

Also all items in the trading post are showing up as needing lvl 0 to use them. Didn’t notice it when I sent my original report in game.

Anyone else having these issues? Anyway around them?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Yocy.4160

Yocy.4160

My buy button is grayed out/unclickable aswell. And when I try to sell things my inventory won’t even load up

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: zIRaX.5362

zIRaX.5362

a minor issue, though quite annoying.
I went to buy some stuff, and after my first purchase it said Success.
I thought I had to confirm or something, but no, just success. Alright now I know what to look for then.
Then I continued to buy some more armor, and it didnt said Success, it said nothing. No matter how many times I clicked “Buy”, nothing happened.
Then I tried with some other items, no change.
Then I noticed I’ve spend on my gold, but I haven’t :S
It seems that for each time I clicked Buy, it bought an item, althoug it never actually told me that. So I waste 1g on this silly issue, which is infact not silly, but annoying.
Now I’ve learned my lesson, but I am sure I am not the first one to fall into this trap.
Is this intentional or?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: MadChef.4203

MadChef.4203

I scanned through this thread and I don’t think anyone has written about this issue yet…

When buying quantities of a single item that are divisible by 10 (10, 20, 30, etc…), the system seems to be dropping the 0 in the quantity amount, but keeping the full amount you are being charged.

For instance, I just tried to buy 40 onions and 40 carrots. I was charged the full price for 40 of each, but I only received 4 of each.

Is there any way I can get reimbursed for this?

As you probably know by now from reading the other posts. This is because as you clicked buy, someone else probably bought those. The rest of your money should be in the pick-up box or still on the I’m Buying section as it’s now put them into order mode for when more come in and the price you paid.

No, that isn’t what is happening. What is happening is a bug where when you type 40 in the buy box, the 0 disappears and you only end up receiving 4 items even though it charges you the money for 40. The money is not returned to the wallet or into the pickup window.

The same thing happens with any multiples of 10 so it seems the 0 is the problem.

This happens a lot so I’ve been careful to go back in and retype the number when it drops the 0, but I’ve slipped a few times and lost quite a bit of silver to the void in the process.

Here’s a screenshot..

Bumping this post in hopes of getting a staff response…

Here’s the screenshot, again.

Attachments:

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Halbarad.5832

Halbarad.5832

I’m also one of the ones who can’t buy anything due to the Buy button being greyed out. And can’t sell anything because my inventory doesn’t load.

Also, tooltips aren’t working for me in the TP (they work in the rest of the game though), so I can’t compare gear or even see an items description.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Doctorfun.3470

Doctorfun.3470

I’m happy to report that my tooltip probelm is solved after performins a -repair. Not only that but the game performance has improved, especially zoning times.

Thanks for the tips here

PS: after the first comms error (the usual “GW 2 can’t access the login server at the moment” that happens on weekends – one would think they had enough time to sort it out by now) the problem is back. I’m doing a new -repair right now, but this is getting annoying.

Political correctness is common sense driven to insanity!

(edited by Doctorfun.3470)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Caprila.4951

Caprila.4951

I can buy things, but not sell.

Tried leaving it ‘loading inventory’ for 10 minutes or so, but nothing appears :/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Greezelet.1092

Greezelet.1092

I can’t buy anything from the TP because the buy button turns grey as soon as the TP loads and despite having more than enough money it never activates. I’ve tried multiple item types and quantities and tried to make purchases in the overflow and normal servers with the same effect. I’ve been able to buy and sell on the TP in the past.

I can’t sell items because that page hangs up at search inventory.