Recent Market Shifts. Follow-up: Precursors

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bonscha.6473

Bonscha.6473

I would really reform the meaning of precursor. What if you get an unusable weapon at character creation what you carry with yourself during your character evolution. It gets stronger and stronger while you explore the game. It gets first blue than green rare, exotic etc with reaching major points in game. When you reach 80, when you finish all dungeons all path, you kill 5000 ppl in WvW, when you hit 1-2-3-4 …. crafting to max etc etc etc. And when you completed all you can turn that into a precursor by an npc.

And THIS is an epic idea!
Obviously, it has to be applied to all existing characters… But hey, this absolutely makes sense and I like the idea a lot.
Make them chose after 10 levels or so, which weapon style they want to choose and get them the low-level precursor to “level it up” as they go.

(sorry for double-post)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kindeller.3072

Kindeller.3072

I just bought my Dusk a few days ago. Now, this comes out, which could drastically lower the cost of a pre-weapon….. Should I just sell my Dusk and buy other mats needed or just keep my Dusk?

This is some BS.

At this point we have no idea what exactly arena net are planning to do, I have ideas but nothing conclusive. Unfortunately if they remove the RNG factor of precursors or increase the drop rate or add a secondary method of acquiring one, it will undoubtedly reduce the value of the item(s) as more supply become available. (note as mentioned the incident with the permanent Halloween exotics)

I’d consider this just bad timing, but alas all we can do is speculate. I figure though that the aim of any change they do make to precursors will be an attempt to reduce market value enough to balance supply and demand.

My suggestion is to keep your dusk at this point no one will be going anywhere near the TP for precursors until they find out what is in store, so not only will you not be able to get rid of it for anywhere near the same price but you will lose out on fees and taxes (which of 300g will be a mighty sum). I can only attempt to comfort you by saying, some people have wasted twice the amount you’ve paid gambling for several precursors.

I’d also like to point out as mentioned reducing the price of precursors by whatever means does not devalue the legendary since most of the game play and actual grinding for materials and badges are in no way related to the precursors. To achieve one requires random luck. (To a degree of gold gambling that in my opinion has shot the price to far higher than Arena Net anticipated. I imagine all they wish to do is equalise the equation and reduce the monetary value of the item, effectively reducing the impact of the randomness of the drop)

As a result more legendaries would show up as people have said with enough time you can farm everything else but those people would still have earned them. The time and dedication required to gain all of the necessary recipes and gifts for each item has been put in just like everyone else.

I would really reform the meaning of precursor. What if you get an unusable weapon at character creation what you carry with yourself during your character evolution. It gets stronger and stronger while you explore the game. It gets first blue than green rare, exotic etc with reaching major points in game. When you reach 80, when you finish all dungeons all path, you kill 5000 ppl in WvW, when you hit 1-2-3-4 …. crafting to max etc etc etc. And when you completed all you can turn that into a precursor by an npc.

This is a great idea, however it zero’s the market value for a precursor since everyone has an equal 100% chance of attaining one. I get the feeling Arena Net still want a drop or controllable ratio to reduce the numbers and keep the legendary status of the weapons. Something along the same lines but outside the realm of the current requirements for a legendary would work great (:

(edited by Kindeller.3072)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

And THIS is an epic idea!
Obviously, it has to be applied to all existing characters… But hey, this absolutely makes sense and I like the idea a lot.
Make them chose after 10 levels or so, which weapon style they want to choose and get them the low-level precursor to “level it up” as they go.

(sorry for double-post)

And since you’re the one creating the legend on said precursor/legendary, it would be cool to have the crafter’s name on the weapon, as in “Eir’s bow”. Say your character name is Thor, then have “Thor’s Colossus” (the hammer precursor).
You should be able to get 2 precursors (Since you’re getting 2 gifts of exploration anyway) per character with this leveling method.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

They are adding ascended gear to the game which puts it above legendary. You can all go home now bis is not legendaries its ascended gear and you just need to run a dungeon easy peasy!

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

I just bought my Dusk a few days ago. Now, this comes out, which could drastically lower the cost of a pre-weapon….. Should I just sell my Dusk and buy other mats needed or just keep my Dusk?

This is some BS.

I dont think they will somehow reduce the prices .. by giving us easyer way to obtain precursors. That would be like screwing over every dedicated and HC player they have.

Now read the bolded part of the developer’s response.

We’ve received a large amount of feedback about Legendaries becoming unreachable. This is actually a topic we’ve been tracking for quite some time.To ease your minds I am here to say that it’s something we’ve been watching and we’ve been listening to your feedback. You can expect to begin to see changes addressing the issue starting with our next build.

Now read another bolded part of another developer’s response from another related thread.

We’ve seen players discussing the topic of crafting legendary precursor weapons and claiming that we’ve made changes to make this more difficult. We’d like to be clear that we did not make any across the board changes to reduce the drop rate, nor was it our intention to significantly increase the difficulty in acquiring these precursor weapons.

We did fix a few bugged recipes that were rewarding Legendary precursors more often than they should have been. These recipes were mostly using Rares in the level 70-75 range and mostly affected the precursors for the greatswords and the dagger. This has had some effect on the drop rate when using lower level rares to attempt to get a precursor but it was never intended for that to be the best way of acquiring these weapons. The recipes for throwing in level 80 exotics have not changed at all.

We have been watching the prices climbing on Legendary precursors and share your concerns about some of them becoming too expensive. We will continue to monitor the situation and will make any adjustments we feel are necessary.

What these translate, in reasonable amount of certainty, is that the prices is somehow not in acceptable range as far as Anet is of concern. More specifically, it is the price climb that in the first place that is non-static. I personally do not mind paying 350+ gold for a precursor and it would quite a bit of time to achieve. But be realistic, it will not stop at 350+ gold when these low supplied items can command a higher price. So Dogblaster, for ANet to do what you claim or hope they will do, the developers have to backpaddle on their responses.

(edited by mosspit.8936)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/linsey-murdock-unveils-new-high-end-ascended-gear/

You’ll also see more Legendary items in the future and an update to our existing Legendary weapons. Legendary items were always intended to be on par with other “best-in-slot” items. So fear not, all existing Legendary weapons, which are currently on par with Exotics, will be upgraded to be on par with Ascended weapons at the same time that we add Ascended weapons to the game. Thus Legendaries will remain “best-in-slot” items. All Legendary items going forward will be of Ascended power. We also have plans to add more fun ways to acquire Legendary precursor items with a more “scavenger hunt” feel than they are acquired currently.

Can we close this messy thread now

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zadarr.6542

Zadarr.6542

I am now in the progress of making my legendary, will it be possible to complete it like before? i only need 150k karma now……

(excuse my bad english i am not an native speaker)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cisza.9540

Cisza.9540

They are adding ascended gear to the game which puts it above legendary. You can all go home now bis is not legendaries its ascended gear and you just need to run a dungeon easy peasy!

Legendary > ascended.
Guess you have much to learn when it comes to reading.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cisza.9540

Cisza.9540

I am now in the progress of making my legendary, will it be possible to complete it like before? i only need 150k karma now……

(excuse my bad english i am not an native speaker)

I’m almost sure they only will add new/change a way to get precursor item, other gifts will stay the same.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nimraphel.7819

Nimraphel.7819

I’m anyone. I have a legendary.
Played the game as intended and found after 700 hours of play I already had 75% of the materials for one.

Anyone else spot the hilarious incongruity of this? ^^

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kratic.8763

Kratic.8763

700 hours of play? Sheesh… I play most nights after work and I’m no where near 700 hours lol

250 years later, still haven’t forgotten…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LordGustoff.3752

LordGustoff.3752

My two copper:

I just recently started my journey to get a legendary and I am not very far along. I see a lot of people complaining about having to farm for XYZ rare components… and I don’t really see the problem with that mechanic. Legendaries to me are supposed to say “I played the game; I know this kitten back and forth.” I don’t like PvP, but the legendaries need 500 Badges of Honor, I just see part of the pain as part of the gain.

I am however happy that there is something being done about the precursors…. grinding for mats is one thing but, outright gambling your hard earned cash and getting lucky isn’t really Legendary. I myself was just going to save up all the gold I made while farming the other materials and just buy the precursor outright – it would probably save me time and frustration.

So hopefully the change in getting precursors is something truely epic that fits with the “I’ve played and know this game like the back of my hand” theme.

If you did what they did, you would have what they have.
You have what you have because you do what you do.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kacigarka.5176

Kacigarka.5176

‘’Scavanger hunt’’ might be another term for ‘’gringing material’’ btw

I am happy ive just got mine precursor and almost all lodestone required. Now .. farming time, again

Its really motivating to know, one day .. sooner or later I will have legendary. Even if it takes few months from now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gyudon.1582

Gyudon.1582

well i’m fine with the other mats for making legendary, i just don’t like the precursor thats all, because really you buy it for 200-300g, it really breaks your heart when gold goes to a legendary really…. i would suggest to remove the precursor thats all. and replace it with another gift(well a new 1 of course) and the mats would be dungeon tokens like 1k dungeon tokens and you need like 4 of a kind of 1k tokens and put it in mystic forge to get the gift. i would seriously love that. because from i can see you can kill 2 birds with 1 stone there. 1st, it would lessen the grind for making a legendary. 2nd dungeon party would be more active. i mean seriously i hardly see people doing dungeons anymore. they either go to plinx or tunnel farm back and forth to shelter and penitent. i mean thats not right… spending your time killing zombies over and over again, i rather do dungeons to make my moneys worth of this game(because this game is awesome) rather than saying hello to the risen every single day of the week.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ulquiorra.6903

Ulquiorra.6903

well i’m fine with the other mats for making legendary, i just don’t like the precursor thats all, because really you buy it for 200-300g, it really breaks your heart when gold goes to a legendary really…. i would suggest to remove the precursor thats all. and replace it with another gift(well a new 1 of course) and the mats would be dungeon tokens like 1k dungeon tokens and you need like 4 of a kind of 1k tokens and put it in mystic forge to get the gift. i would seriously love that. because from i can see you can kill 2 birds with 1 stone there. 1st, it would lessen the grind for making a legendary. 2nd dungeon party would be more active. i mean seriously i hardly see people doing dungeons anymore. they either go to plinx or tunnel farm back and forth to shelter and penitent. i mean thats not right… spending your time killing zombies over and over again, i rather do dungeons to make my moneys worth of this game(because this game is awesome) rather than saying hello to the risen every single day of the week.

you know the other mats cost more than the precursor right?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Feni.4306

Feni.4306

My two copper:

I don’t like PvP, but the legendaries need 500 Badges of Honor, I just see part of the pain as part of the gain.

Friendly tip: The WvW jumping puzzle yields 3-6 badges and you can do it once a day on each character. The badges are account bound so you can just pool them all together. Just stick to doing the puzzle in our own zone and you normally won’t have to fight anyone.

It’s a chest so you might be able to get rares out of it too.

Warrior – Ríse[MoM]. Guardian – Ekria. Necro – Reimia. Engi – Feni Navi
Tarnished Coast.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Motoko.2875

Motoko.2875

My two copper:

I don’t like PvP, but the legendaries need 500 Badges of Honor, I just see part of the pain as part of the gain.

Friendly tip: The WvW jumping puzzle yields 3-6 badges and you can do it once a day on each character. The badges are account bound so you can just pool them all together. Just stick to doing the puzzle in our own zone and you normally won’t have to fight anyone.

It’s a chest so you might be able to get rares out of it too.

If I am not mistaken the badge reward varies based on level. On the borderlands jump puzzle I think you are correct on the badge amount. However the EB JP has a much higher reward of up to 17 badges if I am not mistaken. I have bought a few WvW items solely from this puzzle reward.

(chance to get rares is almost non-existant however and this puzzle is sometimes a pain if you aren’t quick at it and don’t know how to use all of the invisibility options)

IGN: Motoko, Motoko Kai, Gladiator Motoko – Zero Quality [zQ], [LaG], [USA]

(edited by Motoko.2875)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rook.2071

Rook.2071

I just want you to make Infinite Light Easier its like a legendary but its not a precursor. but i still like it :’(

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gyudon.1582

Gyudon.1582

you know the other mats cost more than the precursor right?

yeah i know the other mats are more expensive than the precursor alone, but individually the precursor is one of the most difficult items to obtain. take the icy runestone for example, you need 250g to get 250pcs to make your legendary, but an npc sells it and the price never fluctuates and it can be easily access by just doing “claw of jormag” DE. while the precursor you could either spend 200g-600g on the mystic forge to try and get it, but there is no assurance that you would get it, instead you are at the mercy of the people selling it at the TP who keeps increasing the prices every now and then . and as for the tier 6 crafting mats like the powerful blood and stuff like that. those things can either be obtain thru farming or just using the mystic forge, when i was making mystic clovers in MF when it fails i usually get 30pcs of tier 6 mats, so its no issue to me for getting tier 6 mats since its fairly easy to get. remember the other mats are fairly easy to obtain.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hookoha.3698

Hookoha.3698

For the ones that did not read it yet:

Patch Notes November 15th

The mighty Zommoros has slightly increased the drop rate on Legendary precursor weapons from the Mystic Forge from both Rares and Exotics.

The drop rarity of Rare and Exotic weapons from certain places in the world (champions, veterans, and players in WvW) has been increased. Rares and Exotics should be much more likely to drop and every champion should be guaranteed to drop loot. This was to ensure that world loot drops were not a significantly worse way of acquiring rare and exotic items than crafting and running dungeons.

The amount of loot that drops for downscaled players has been increased. You should now be able to receive level-equivalent loot until you are fighting at a downscaled level that is less than 2/3 of your actual level. You should also receive loot a greater percentage of the time as well as receiving a greater percentage of experience, gold, and karma. For level 80 characters, this means level 55+ areas will be able to drop level 80 gear and give about 75% or so of the other rewards. Previously, these areas would give level 77 gear at best and closer to 60% or so of your rewards.

Awesome scavenger hunt feeling!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Selenya.6410

Selenya.6410

Omg this was the BEST Trolling ever, really…. This discussion just made a lot of people sell theyr Precursors at the lowest offers.
Hence I tell you… GO BUY THEM NOW, because exos drop rate from rares outta Mystic Forge isn’t increased.

>>>> tried 100+ Mystic Forging straight after patch <<<<
got even less exos than what i used to get..
kitten

Nexon = Advanced Cancer

(edited by Selenya.6410)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: chtiyonki.6284

chtiyonki.6284

I noticed no increase in drop rate on WvW…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

i’ve been getting more rares, more blueprints (golem even) and more badges in WvW but not always high level gear, just more loot in general. i like it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

So about that precursor scavenger hunt…that ever going to happen or was that more false information given to us by ANet?

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shako.3456

Shako.3456

They said that they are working on the scavenger hunt. And that it will not be released by the next build. It will probably be ready after christmas. (I have this information from the forums and from a blog post where one of the devs answered questions).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DJRiful.3749

DJRiful.3749

Tier 6 mats are so expensive! 500g at least to complete a legendary!

Stormïe ~ Tarnished Coast | My little monster <3 – http://valid.canardpc.com/6nbdeq

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Arkhaios Daimon.6813

Arkhaios Daimon.6813

I was reading through all the posts and if I was Anet, I would do this myself.

Firstly, I have almost completed my own Twilight, and will offer my views from this perspective. The game is about the looks, not the stats as we all know. Once you get exotic, you’re set, so chasing a “Legendary” skin is an optional task that should be designed only for players willing to invest the time and effort to obtain one.

After completing the personal story, you should be rewarded with 2 account bound precursors of your choice (to match the 2 gifts of exploration from world completion) which is IMO a proper reward from completing your personal story. A legendary should be something you strive to get AFTER you have completed the game. Logically, doing this, you should then remove ALL precursors from ANY source of RNG ( Mystic Forge, Temple chests, drops, etc…)

My second point involves the ridiculous amount of gold needed for the “Gift of X” Legendary specific recipe. Lodestones are used for things other than Legendaries and thus those items will affect the price of them. I suggest removing the lodestones completely from the “Gift of X” recipe and to replace it with a different item, dropped from the Temple chests in Orr. This will make players play in your “endgame” zones more and help out with earning karma for shards. Chests should drop one of these replacement items always, and have a small chance ~10% of receiving a second one.
Icy Runestones were very poorly designed, (why buy 100 for 1g each, when you can buy 1 stone for 100g, there is no reasoning for it as they are only used for one thing essentially) buying a purple item used specifically for a Legendary from a freely accessible vendor is just plain silly. Instead, I would remove the Icy Runestones completely and substitute them for 3 different items that are used for a different weapon depending on the item (i.e. Gift of metal is used for Frostfang, Incinerator, Sunrise, Twilight, The Juggernaut, The Moot, The Flameseeker Prophecies, Bolt and Maw of the Deep) and be obtainable from the chests that drop from the dragon world bosses, with each dragons’ chest dropping one of these 3 items depending on what dragon it was (i.e. The Shatterer’s chest only drops item A). After doing this, the items required should be reduced so players don’t find it to be a “grind” to get these and should drop at the same rate as the Lodestone replacement items I suggested.

I have no issues with the Gift of Mastery or the Gift of Fortune, as they seem appropriately named for what you need to do to obtain them, except maybe changing the obsidian shard in the Gift of Mastery recipe to something else, because to obtain 250, the only thing you seem to be a master of, is farming, lol.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Giles Marchand.6970

Giles Marchand.6970

I suggest removing the lodestones completely from the “Gift of X” recipe and to replace it with a different item, dropped from the Temple chests in Orr. This will make players play in your “endgame” zones more and help out with earning karma for shards. Chests should drop one of these replacement items always, and have a small chance ~10% of receiving a second one.

This is very logical, I don’t know why ArenaNet hasn’t made this a reality. In a game about exploration and discovery it seems strange that ArenaNet is funnelling us into dungeons or WvW.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

As it is, only the obscenely rich can acquire legendaries.

Or the incredibly lucky//persistant. My full magic-find set has done nothing in the way of getting me lodestones

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Karan Patel.4829

Karan Patel.4829

I was reading through all the posts and if I was Anet, I would do this myself.

Firstly, I have almost completed my own Twilight, and will offer my views from this perspective. The game is about the looks, not the stats as we all know. Once you get exotic, you’re set, so chasing a “Legendary” skin is an optional task that should be designed only for players willing to invest the time and effort to obtain one.

After completing the personal story, you should be rewarded with 2 account bound precursors of your choice (to match the 2 gifts of exploration from world completion) which is IMO a proper reward from completing your personal story. A legendary should be something you strive to get AFTER you have completed the game. Logically, doing this, you should then remove ALL precursors from ANY source of RNG ( Mystic Forge, Temple chests, drops, etc…)

My second point involves the ridiculous amount of gold needed for the “Gift of X” Legendary specific recipe. Lodestones are used for things other than Legendaries and thus those items will affect the price of them. I suggest removing the lodestones completely from the “Gift of X” recipe and to replace it with a different item, dropped from the Temple chests in Orr. This will make players play in your “endgame” zones more and help out with earning karma for shards. Chests should drop one of these replacement items always, and have a small chance ~10% of receiving a second one.
Icy Runestones were very poorly designed, (why buy 100 for 1g each, when you can buy 1 stone for 100g, there is no reasoning for it as they are only used for one thing essentially) buying a purple item used specifically for a Legendary from a freely accessible vendor is just plain silly. Instead, I would remove the Icy Runestones completely and substitute them for 3 different items that are used for a different weapon depending on the item (i.e. Gift of metal is used for Frostfang, Incinerator, Sunrise, Twilight, The Juggernaut, The Moot, The Flameseeker Prophecies, Bolt and Maw of the Deep) and be obtainable from the chests that drop from the dragon world bosses, with each dragons’ chest dropping one of these 3 items depending on what dragon it was (i.e. The Shatterer’s chest only drops item A). After doing this, the items required should be reduced so players don’t find it to be a “grind” to get these and should drop at the same rate as the Lodestone replacement items I suggested.

I have no issues with the Gift of Mastery or the Gift of Fortune, as they seem appropriately named for what you need to do to obtain them, except maybe changing the obsidian shard in the Gift of Mastery recipe to something else, because to obtain 250, the only thing you seem to be a master of, is farming, lol.

I agree with most if not all of everything you said. The precursors, though the more popular ones, i.e. the ones that are required for Legendary skins that actually look Legendary, may be a problem due to being very expensive, but the other materials required for the gifts sometimes tend to be more expensive than te precursor themselves. Without 500-1000g, you should not expect a Legendary. Without pure grinding, whether it be Orr, Dungeons or Fractals, or dishing out about $500-$800 (Since 1 gold is about $0.90-$1.00 if you buy gems and convert), you should not expect a legendary. Your idea would help fix a severely failing economy imo, which in turn, would allow people to buy mats for other weapons/armor, not legendaries,w ithout having to cash out or mindlessly grind.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Richard Eberhard.9046

Richard Eberhard.9046

For the ones that did not read it yet:

Patch Notes November 15th

The mighty Zommoros has slightly increased the drop rate on Legendary precursor weapons from the Mystic Forge from both Rares and Exotics.

The drop rarity of Rare and Exotic weapons from certain places in the world (champions, veterans, and players in WvW) has been increased. Rares and Exotics should be much more likely to drop and every champion should be guaranteed to drop loot. This was to ensure that world loot drops were not a significantly worse way of acquiring rare and exotic items than crafting and running dungeons.

The amount of loot that drops for downscaled players has been increased. You should now be able to receive level-equivalent loot until you are fighting at a downscaled level that is less than 2/3 of your actual level. You should also receive loot a greater percentage of the time as well as receiving a greater percentage of experience, gold, and karma. For level 80 characters, this means level 55+ areas will be able to drop level 80 gear and give about 75% or so of the other rewards. Previously, these areas would give level 77 gear at best and closer to 60% or so of your rewards.

Awesome scavenger hunt feeling!

Hello,

is this the complete “precursors patch”? Many news pages has anounced that craftig legendary weapons will be much easier. This only seems to be a “little correction”.

Thanks

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

I dont think they will do anything about it and yes I agree with you they dont care.
Just look at the sad state of affairs the game is in.
Economically few hold rest hostage.
PVE is fractal dungeon 24/7 best loot-gear-gph. Open world dead and 0 loot.
Spvp – done like dinner
WvW — dead except T1 and EB on other tiers.

Yes a few people controlling the top end market is just fine with anet- Just please buy some gems to get that item. Cant wait for them to start adding +1 to the stats.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Humpink.2306

Humpink.2306

I object to trivializing precursors.

Players who grasp the GW2 economy are easily able to obtain them now.

Plenty of people have obtained Legendaries already and frankly if everyone has one it is no longer Legendary at all, it becomes Common.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

I say just put all precursors on an npc vendor for 400g.

Allow us to keep getting them as very rare loots/mystic forge rewards as we do now, just have the vendor sell account bound precursors too. So now all the precursors will sell for less than 400g and it’ll never be too out of hand. Great money sink for the game too for anyone that ends up buying from the vendor due to lack of availability on the TP.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: eligecos.8429

eligecos.8429

I’m not sure if this was brought up in the discussion thus far. But I would like to see changes to the manner in which not only legendary weapons, but also unique mystic forge weapons as well.

I don’t mind keeping the recipes the same. But I would like to have event chains that reward components for them that span various maps around Tyria, much like how the baby black moa chick quest chain worked in the original GW1.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

I say just put all precursors on an npc vendor for 400g.

Allow us to keep getting them as very rare loots/mystic forge rewards as we do now, just have the vendor sell account bound precursors too. So now all the precursors will sell for less than 400g and it’ll never be too out of hand. Great money sink for the game too for anyone that ends up buying from the vendor due to lack of availability on the TP.

God no. Some precursors are currently less than 200g even. Doing what you suggest with cause an inflation of all precursor prices in the market to match the 400g of the vendor’s offer.

Or is it that you assume that everyone wants a GS precursor?

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Of course they do. Do you know anyone who plays an Engineer, Thief, Elementalist or Necromancer? I sure don’t.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mage.3570

mage.3570

Tie pre-cursor to story-mode completion. Problem solved. The story-mode is such a long drag after the first time it is completed and could arguably be the longest ‘scavenger hunt’ I can think of.

For example: Completing the story-mode on a character gives a “Book of Secrets” (GW1 fans will know this) that could be exchanged for a pre-cursor (of choice) from a NPC in LA eventually.

Been there, done that. What’s next?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ErikxRod.4832

ErikxRod.4832

I dont think they will do anything about it and yes I agree with you they dont care.
Just look at the sad state of affairs the game is in.
Economically few hold rest hostage.
PVE is fractal dungeon 24/7 best loot-gear-gph. Open world dead and 0 loot.
Spvp – done like dinner
WvW — dead except T1 and EB on other tiers.

Yes a few people controlling the top end market is just fine with anet- Just please buy some gems to get that item. Cant wait for them to start adding +1 to the stats.

You Sir are 100% right! though i gotta admit that I still keep logging in sayin that with an alleged onlinetime of over 1,2k hours ingame. ive been watching the game since headstart and with those betas even before, but the game’s state from release and even now is still a horrible experiences in too many issues.. even my hope for the game will die sometime..
and considering anet’s bad communty moderation and them bringing out solemn news about upcomming “features” like the fractal reconnect fix within 2months, the hushed up dealing with precursor and even justifying this current game state is hypocrite and ridiculous.. to quote anet itself “its done when its done” whoever told this was definitely done!
now theyre talkin about minor bug fixes in january, and an eventual upcomin content patch in march 2013 thatll then add nothing new but instead shell fix the game how it should have been from day one like a workingt non crazy rng world?? yeah hats off for that… gw2 sadly is paytoplay beta when only superficial features are kinda polished

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Booler.6598

Booler.6598

I’ll point this out as I have done so many times.coming from a person who has a legendary I think precursor are far to expensive and my biggest concern? Let’s take player A a person with limited time to play the game each day. Player B someone that can throw a lot of time at the game each day. Both equally have the right to achieve a legendary. Player B farms and farms from launch buying precursor for cheap , lodestones for cheap and t6 mats. Player A chips away buying what he can facing massive inflation across the entire market . The result? Player B achieves the SAME legendary for a quarter of the price player A does. Why should any get a “legendary” for less than another does that make me 4x as legendary as player B?

They need to do something about precursors and make them more obtainable.they say they are monitering this yet we see nothing but a one time chest whoms supply got quikly chewed up.

Anet you undermine yours years of work on this game and your customers with your lack of communication and fixes.I hope you address these problems soon and tell people that you are

Always in all ways

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

Of course they do. Do you know anyone who plays an Engineer, Thief, Elementalist or Necromancer? I sure don’t.

Yes, because those 4 classes are not liked at all and not a single person has ever played one /sarcasm

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

God no. Some precursors are currently less than 200g even.

Hell, the precursors for the worse-looking/less flashy legendaries and the underwater ones might not even break 50g, in fact I think I’ve seen some of the underwater ones around the 20g mark before.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Plays WvW for 5 mins
I know about 25 of the middle two.

Seriously, I have several of all of those classes in my guild. Your newbie is showing.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Inflames.6340

Inflames.6340

passed 2 months but you guys did nuthing lol this is how you take care business ?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

so many ppl doing legendary AND it is basically the same as exotic so what is the point ?
cuz of some skin ? ><

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: grogreen.2160

grogreen.2160

For my 2 cents worth, Arkhaios Daimon.6813 ideas seem right on the money.

if this was a democracy I’d vote for him.

Relentless United Respectful

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

passed 2 months but you guys did nuthing lol this is how you take care business ?

They told us how they are taking care of business: Slowly.

Any such adjustment to the process WILL NOT mak an appearance in the next two and a half months, and even then is still only in the discussion phase.

If this is a hot-button issue for you I suggest dumping the game for a few months – you’ll see it when you get back, and nothing is going to give them a sense of urgency quite like declining player base.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

(edited by Nike.2631)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Inflames.6340

Inflames.6340

They told us how they are taking care of business: Slowly.

Any such adjustment to the process WILL NOT mak an appearance in the next two and a half months, and even then is still only in the discussion phase.

If this is a hot-button issue for you I suggest dumping the game for a few months – you’ll see it when you get back, and nothing is going to give them a sense of urgency quite like declining player base.

Lets be clear about that ; I dont hate this game im not a hater or something. They said there would be no farming and grinding etc too … But here we are, farming dungeons farming events and farming fractal etc… So what are you doing for obtain your precursor ? arent you farming dungeons, events or grinding ? Are you standing where you are to get your precursor weapon ? I’m doing whole these craps since i started to play to get legendary . And im not saying to get legendaries should be easy but the god kitten price shouldnt be high that much. was it good when dusk’s price about 250-200 g, wasnt it ?

(edited by Inflames.6340)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Biohazard.4196

Biohazard.4196

Plays WvW for 5 mins
I know about 25 of the middle two.

Seriously, I have several of all of those classes in my guild. Your newbie is showing.

I could be wrong, but I think your lack of a sarcasm sense is showing.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kuldred.2436

Kuldred.2436

You obviously don’t WvW, because that’s 80% of what’s out there.

Yak’s Bend