Official Response: Drop Rate of Legendary Precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: Tyldor.9078

Tyldor.9078

After thinking about it for a while a simple solution would be to change the system as following:

Instead of the current recipe

4 x item -> 1 x item

with a probability of p for the resulting item being a precursor, make it as

4 x item -> precursor_shard (probability q) OR 1 x (non-precursor) item (probability 1 – q)

and make precursors available through the recipe

m x precursor_shard + fancy_stuff -> precursor (guaranteed)

By setting q / m = p the expectation value of a precursor stays the same as before. However, instead of an exponential distribution, the system now follows a binomial distribution, with a significantly smaller variance.

In simpler terms, it would be just like the system used for crafting mystic clovers. Can you imagine what it would be like if the only mystic clover recipe had a 1/250 chance of producing 77 clovers in one go, and 249/250 chance of producing random junk?

The suggested solution gives the system a coarse memory through the accumulation of shards, and cuts out worst excesses in both directions. In that system it’s still in average just as hard to get a precursor as before, but now that hardness is reasonably fair.

+1, a million times +1
Everyone should +1 this until the forums are a sea of this post and Anet is forced to notice it.

I can’t agree on this more. ANet should really start looking into this frustrating issue. It wouldn’t matter as much as it does now if they’d actually show interest and reported us they’re working on a solution and keep updating us on the status!

Grandmaster Tyldor
Leader of Business Class [BC]

in Crafting

Posted by: the aggro craig.2160

the aggro craig.2160

After thinking about it for a while a simple solution would be to change the system as following:

Instead of the current recipe

4 x item -> 1 x item

with a probability of p for the resulting item being a precursor, make it as

4 x item -> precursor_shard (probability q) OR 1 x (non-precursor) item (probability 1 – q)

and make precursors available through the recipe

m x precursor_shard + fancy_stuff -> precursor (guaranteed)

By setting q / m = p the expectation value of a precursor stays the same as before. However, instead of an exponential distribution, the system now follows a binomial distribution, with a significantly smaller variance.

In simpler terms, it would be just like the system used for crafting mystic clovers. Can you imagine what it would be like if the only mystic clover recipe had a 1/250 chance of producing 77 clovers in one go, and 249/250 chance of producing random junk?

The suggested solution gives the system a coarse memory through the accumulation of shards, and cuts out worst excesses in both directions. In that system it’s still in average just as hard to get a precursor as before, but now that hardness is reasonably fair.

+1

Once again, math wins. You would think Anet has people who have already considered this though…

in Crafting

Posted by: Harbard.5738

Harbard.5738

Lol.. cant help but not laugh at all of this.

Here we are yet again, 10 months has it been? And yet the talk of legendary wages on like a battle cry in the distance of a long war saying “its not over yet!”

Like many of u I have wasted gold into the mf sink.
And after soo many hours 1000+ after soo much reading after so much frustration. I have just decided to just play and have fun.

We should be learning from others mistakes however the thrill of chance is sometimes too good to give up.

Easiest solution is to make a precursor achievement based.

Eg: once at 9k points then that is the start of journey;
1. 100% world
2. 100k kills with particular weap.
3. New story quests once above is completed making u do at least 100 episodes.
4. Crafting all materials required. U can make some of the materials come from ONLY story episodes rewards.
5. After all above completed that will let u craft the precursor to which;
5.1. 100k kills
5.2. Story episodes at least 50
5.3. Demonstrate ur abilities with precursor via wvw eg 1000kills, camps taken, vets kills, champ kills.
6. Once above completed u can craft legendary. To which u need to destroy a champion boss solo. Making this some giant creature.

After all the above I think that should give somewhat of an entitlement to legendary status.

What do we do with those already aquired legendary. Cannot equip until all above requirements are met. Which means most will try to sell it to which we will be at the samr spot as now. However we give the rest of the user base chance to acquire over time with effort rather than gold.

Just my 2 cents worth….. thats alot of 2 cents lol imagine 2$….

But like some posted previously, its not going to change.

Those achievements are really worthy of a legendary. I absolutely agree with everything, even when you say it’s never gonna be like that, because it’s just too much common sense. Either because people who designed this system rushed it or because this system serves something else that i don’t care to speculate. Either way, still ridiculous.

Here’s a more plausible suggestion. Call them CoFgendaries, RnGendaries, Grindgendaries, TPGendaries with the respective associated titles such as “Invisible Hand” if you got it from playing the tp, “Agribusiness Tycoon” if you got it from farming and so on.

Give me game. Not grind, not gating, not RNG, not +stat junk, not checklists.

in Crafting

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

I worked my butt off for 2300 hours and now have two Legendaries (no precursor drops, crafted both of them) and very little cash.

Works fine for me. Stop complaining and make a plan to get your Legendary!

in Crafting

Posted by: Stig.7120

Stig.7120

I think the best way to help people out to get your precursor is to increase the drop rate of rares… then you wont mind chucking them into the Mystic Forge to have a chance.
I have over 2500 hours of playing time and have created 1000s of rares to risk in MF but when we first started playing rares were a happy and welcome drop and quite common (maybe 1 or 2 per event in cursed shore) now they are getting rarer than hens teeth so people are not doing the normal events because all they get is crap whites,blues and the occasional green.
This will also reduce the price of rares and let the average player risk going for an exotic in MF.

in Crafting

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

They should at least make other drops remotely exciting. It’s either a legendary or some kitten skin, the only inbetween are skins that cost 400g and in that case you might as well buy a precursor.

in Crafting

Posted by: Fey Zeal.7032

Fey Zeal.7032

600g+ worth of farming not skill to “earn” a Precursor.

in Crafting

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Or lucky draw of the rng where you spend 3 seconds killing a risen chicken and getting it.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in Crafting

Posted by: Chullster.3608

Chullster.3608

Or lucky draw of the rng where you spend 3 seconds killing a risen chicken and getting it.

I can speak from having done it both ways.

My first precursor I got from the MF. However I didn’t use rares like everyone else seems to.

There was an official post from Anet on this forum saying level 80 exotics are highest chance for a precursor, so obviously I used that method, took about 50-60g buying exotic hammers at just over 2g each.

Then one first day of dragon festival Zap dropped for me in cursed shore while I was doing shelter on my own, everyone else was looking at the new shines.

I have never, ever understood why people who actually want a precursor to craft with rather than sell, use rares and sell the exotics, it’s like they’re in love with gambling preferring lower odds but more attempts, madness.

in Crafting

Posted by: Osi.3504

Osi.3504

I think the best way to help people out to get your precursor is to increase the drop rate of rares… then you wont mind chucking them into the Mystic Forge to have a chance.
I have over 2500 hours of playing time and have created 1000s of rares to risk in MF but when we first started playing rares were a happy and welcome drop and quite common (maybe 1 or 2 per event in cursed shore) now they are getting rarer than hens teeth so people are not doing the normal events because all they get is crap whites,blues and the occasional green.
This will also reduce the price of rares and let the average player risk going for an exotic in MF.

What 99.9% of Guild Wars 2 players fail to realize is at this very moment, Arenanet DOES NOT want to make precursors more common by popular demand. If that was they case they would simply have to adjust the drop rates/MF chance. The entire point of these highly sought for Precursors is to remain EXPENSIVE and RARE. Why RNG? It’s the only way to keep them rare on a fairish playing field, you can’t get precursors from skill, then only 0.01% of the population would be good enough to control all the precurors coming into the game from whatever skill based activity is implemented because they want to keep them rare.

What else does rarity do? People are playing the game, getting mediocre loot like rares (which is exciting to a lot of people) and they are throwing them into the forge or selling them to others willing to do that. Mystic Forge was a great addition, it keeps the market going round and round, and eliminates inflation and why? Because of highly sought for items such as Precursors.

What everyone is suggesting in this thread is to make precursors more common, crash the price… allow everyone to quickly earn and craft a END GAME reward(lots of grinding) so they end up getting bored and the economy crashes and is flooded with items they will no longer mystic forge.

People have tested the drop rate on the MF which is probably extremely similar in monster drops but at a EXTREMELY slower rate since the initial drop off monsters is a couple to none a day where the MF is as many as you buy off the TP and throw in. Out of at 30,000+ sample size, people got precursors with exotics at roughly a 1% chance, and yellows at a 0.2% chance since it takes 1 in 5 tries to get an exotic, so the same chance really. So in theory every time you get a exotic weapon, you have a 1 in 100 chance to get a precursor instead. With that data provided, you would need 300 exotics on average to receive a precursor from the forge since you get 1 back each throw in. 300 gold x 2g (tp average price for an exotic dagger) is about the same as the weapon Spark… what does this mean? Crash precursor demand & prices and the entire economy drops too. Not many will want to risk throwing in expensive rares and exotics if the precursors are cheap which means they will decline, the price of ecto will decline.

Is that a bad thing? Perhaps not but I don’t want to get rares that are worth the same price as I can sell it to the vendor on top of 9 of 10 people using a legendary weapon making all the effort and work I put into getting the exclusive weapon… well not so exclusive. I get enough whites, blues, and (now greens) since they are no longer worth mystic forging into yellows since the price of them crashed from 30-40s down to an average of 15-20s.

If Arenanet does implement their scavenger hunt I bet it will be a server based thing and only 1 person on the entire server can get it a day, or week meaning it won’t really effect the overall market and still keep them very rare. Don’t hold your breath.

(edited by Osi.3504)

in Crafting

Posted by: azazil.9541

azazil.9541

@ Osi.3504 , It is Arena.Net …. never ever hold your breath.

in Crafting

Posted by: Osi.3504

Osi.3504

@ Osi.3504 , It is Arena.Net …. never ever hold your breath.

Any point to this? Do I need to space arena net for you to be happy?

in Crafting

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

What everyone is suggesting in this thread is to make precursors more common, crash the price… allow everyone to quickly earn and craft a END GAME reward(lots of grinding) so they end up getting bored and the economy crashes and is flooded with items they will no longer mystic forge.

My endgame started sometime around Halloween, is it fair that during my end game I didn’t get at least precursor why others have tons of them and control the market? I don’t think so.

If Arenanet does implement their scavenger hunt I bet it will be a server based thing and only 1 person on the entire server can get it a day, or week meaning it won’t really effect the overall market and still keep them very rare. Don’t hold your breath.

I am not worried of economy. Scavenger hunt can grant soulbound precursors and it will be long and boring (but reliable to get one in the end) so they will stay rare and won’t mess up with the TP prices that much.

in Crafting

Posted by: dostunuz.3982

dostunuz.3982

This is how i got my Precursor.

My friend retired from game and went TERA (i know right). Then one month ago he checked for what is new or not. And i asked him to give some of his money (he had 350g more or less). Then he sent 50g to me then i bought 80 Carrion Krait Slayer(27g).

Ofc i started to merge them on Mystic Forge and guess what happened. I got my DUSK on second try, SECOND. Then i was so happy ofcourse and sold it for 600g and bought Spark (615g).

Finally i was able to finish all materials for my Incinerator so i got mine yesterday after all that farm and ofcourse my friends helped me about with T6 mats.

in Crafting

Posted by: BOSS.6243

BOSS.6243

This is how i got my Precursor.

My friend retired from game and went TERA (i know right). Then one month ago he checked for what is new or not. And i asked him to give some of his money (he had 350g more or less). Then he sent 50g to me then i bought 80 Carrion Krait Slayer(27g).

Ofc i started to merge them on Mystic Forge and guess what happened. I got my DUSK on second try, SECOND. Then i was so happy ofcourse and sold it for 600g and bought Spark (615g).

Finally i was able to finish all materials for my Incinerator so i got mine yesterday after all that farm and ofcourse my friends helped me about with T6 mats.

same case .. but i used cof hammer <3 and had worth 350g exo hammer dint even used one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r04o0WQeTzc

I Hunger For Battle
Captain Hot Stuff. [NAGA]

in Crafting

Posted by: cdunning.6815

cdunning.6815

Got my dusk after forging 12 exotic GS. So happy to have the famed twilight

in Crafting

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

Whats with those risen chickens anyways, They get me every kitten time.

in Crafting

Posted by: Orpheus.7284

Orpheus.7284

Began legendary project January.

Currently have all but precursor (Spark)
Sank nearly 400 Gold to Mystic Forge on 80 rare/exotic daggers.

I refuse to buy it from TP because most likely the seller of it is someone undeserving that got really lucky, and because of that I am bitter and just won’t buy it from those people out of jealousy and spite.

Have since stopped gambling for it and spent gold for Cultural armors, Infused Fractal Backpieces, Ascended Accessories for my many alts, and hope a Spark to drop for me one day, if it never drops, whatever, I feel more accomplished from my Sword/Dagger/Pistol Fractal Weapon set since that is actually obtained via doing something less braindead aka Fractal 48s.

(edited by Orpheus.7284)

in Crafting

Posted by: the boot knifer.2016

the boot knifer.2016

This thread is ridiculous! There is only thee things this game requires grinding. Fractal skins, Legendary’s and the odd release items like weapon tickets. Where is everyone’s sense of achievement? Everyone knows the chances of getting a precursor, that is what gambling is all about. If you lost 600g trying to get your precursor; well that is your own fault. You should have just saved up and bought it out. Yes some people get lucky and others aren’t, that’s life.

Crafting the pre’s? No, that is a stupid idea. Once everyone is running around with a legendary it isn’t going to feel special finally earning it for yourself. This game is already easy enough as is. Let me grind fotm for a skin and hope one day I get a precursor drop farming Orr or a dungeon. Not every item can be readily available to everyone. I wanted one item from the dragon bash event, after dropping 26g on coffers I finally got a ticket. It makes me happy knowing everyone won’t be running around with the same shield skin as I have. Also makes me feel happy for those new lucky players and older players who snagged a ticket after 100 coffers, maybe that was their first bit of good luck in the game. I do feel bad for those who opened 5k coffers and didn’t get a single one. There is an official wiki explaining just about everything that is in the game. Do your research before you make a risky move.

Everyone needs to grow up.

in Crafting

Posted by: the boot knifer.2016

the boot knifer.2016

The only way to fix the ridiculous pre prices is for people to stop ordering precursors. But that’ll never happen

For people after the legendaries, I’m sorry but GW2 only caters to people who use real $$ – they don’t care about the rest of us who don’t. You will be sick & tired of GW2 by the time you’re halfway done.
But Kudos to you who entirely farmed for them & actually made them. Lemme know what it’s like to not have a life.

Just find a different MMO to play. easy fix

You know, gw2 has killed the sub fees so people don’t have to spend money every month. They still need to support wages, server equipment bill, etc. They do this with their optional Gem store.

Guild wars did AMAZING with how their gem store works, you can’t exactly buy the best equipment out there and just win. It is not Pay to win. Anyone can EASILY save up for exotics. Sure some of the cheaper exotics aren’t pretty but that’s wear grinding comes in(for once in this game). If you really want those legendary or flashy skins then pour $15 a month into the Gems and convert them into gold. Except with guild wars your $15 will actually help out your account, not just go into Anets pocket. They didn’t make any weapon so powerful and expensive that you need your credit card to obtain them. This game is based on skill, money will not make you a better player in anyway.

in Crafting

Posted by: Saber Rider.7680

Saber Rider.7680

spent 300g on Named GS and forged em… gues what. Nothing. Same with 200 Rare GS. so finally 200 exotic+200 rares and no PC… Lots of guildies made it in 2nd try. thats gambling, and it sucks..

in Crafting

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

I have 3 legendaries, you know how? I didn’t gamble at all, I just saved my coin and bought the stuff.

Oh and im about 150g away from the 4th.

in Crafting

Posted by: Juan.4569

Juan.4569

There is a reason its called “Legendary” Its not supposed to be something that easily obtainable, yeah so some people are lucky and get it from a random chicken in orr, Big deal. The chance for that is really low, and guess what, that lucky kitten could just aswell have been you. Everyone has the same chance for the precursor drop. And you crying over thakittens “grindy”. Ofc it is! Why would it not be? So that you could get it in a day and then be happy with yourself? No, it gives you a goal, something to strive to achive in the future. I have recently made my Legendary “Rodgort” and I farmed for it all. Bought my precursor, and It actually felt like you achived something when you put the 4 pieces into the Mystic forge and got that Purple weapon back. So stop crying over that precursors arent falling on your head like snowflakes. It does not matter how much gold you have thrown into the mystic forge, its RNG and thats the basic fact of it. Either you get one or you dont.

in Crafting

Posted by: Bloodchild.2680

Bloodchild.2680

So much hate spewing in all directions here, people need to relax man. lol

I understand both sides of the fence. RNG is a joke when it comes to pre’s I think everyone agrees on that to an extent. The % chance has no bearing on skill, time, effort, etc. Some say you should just save up your money and give it to the handful of people who intentionally manipulate the pre-market. Some say you need to use exos, or rares, or that it should be craftable etc.

In the end it boils down to exclusivity for people, it seems. Should these items be gated by RNG and luck, or should the scavenger hunt be instituted? For me, what other people have has no bearing on me. Why should it? I don’t care what you have and I don’t. I enjoy playing the game to play the game. I would like to obtain one for myself because I like the way they look and it seems like the best thing to do as far as Legends always being top stats, so I’d never need one again. I have been sitting, waiting, trying to get my pre for months now, it’s the only thing left to do. I don’t have the luxury of playing 2800 hours grinding dungeons all day, nor do I have the extra cash laying around to just buy myself a pre with real money., some of us have families to support, lives to live. So I’m not asking for it to be made easier, but a little more information from ANET, an official post, would be nice as far as pre’s go. I know we basically have most of the info, but a little more information wouldn’t hurt.

Oh and you know if anyone has a Dusk laying around collecting dust you can always mail it my way, would certainly appreciate it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

There are at this point in time 7 TOTAL dusks available for sale ingame with the price at over 700gold. WTF. I am sick of this bullkitten and I know that I will NEVER get a legendary without GRINDING COF1.
WOW, after 1000+ hours I have only seen one legendary precursor drop and that was in beta.
Some people have gotten 3+ drop for them and I am sick of RNG bullkitten inhibiting something that I am aiming for. I have everything else except the precursor and I am NOT GRINDING COF1 for the 700 gold that I need. How is that fun? What a crappy game.

And to all those people who say tough kitten? GW1 had significantly higher odds at getting something that was of value. GW2 is nickel and kittening dime until you can afford something. There is no risk vs reward content so I am stuck doing the same meta events for a year…gg.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

(edited by Stormcrow.7513)

in Crafting

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

They should at least make other drops remotely exciting. It’s either a legendary or some kitten skin, the only inbetween are skins that cost 400g and in that case you might as well buy a precursor.

I agree 100%
There are no middle ground rare weapons that are cool looking and cost about 200g ish.
For many there is nothing left to do but to forge a legendary weapon, but the anger stems from not being able to reasonably get one without a) gambling in the toilet, b) uber lucky drop, c) Run CoF1 till your eyes bleed.

There is also the nice achievement panel when you log in to remind you that you have that space empty and you will never ever be able to fill it without doing a,b or c.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

in Crafting

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

RNG is being RNG. That’s all understood and all, but when we have people here saying they found 3+ precursors you HAVE to question how the whole RNG thing works. Is it affected by something they’re doing? Is it affected by something they’re using or having in their inventory. Because at 3+ precursors it is not considered LUCK anymore. LUCK is finding one precursor. Finding 2 would be considered something unimaginable, that is if RNG was being RNG. So you have to agree why we’re questioning the whole RNG idea when it comes to precursor. Me, as many people here, have had all their gifts crafted just so we can “show it off” sitting in my bank.

I also love how back when they first introduced the concept they said: “Legendary Weapons are the end result of an epic adventure in Guild Wars 2. You’ll travel all over, collecting items and amassing materials to build your Legendary Weapon.” They forgot to mention that you also have to either
a) Farm till you’re completely burned out or
b) Have luck that 99% of people do not have.

in Crafting

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Getting a precursor from RNG is not “legendary”.

Imagine all the crying from the RNG supporters if you could only get a precursor by getting 10000 achievement points — omg we’d have to play the game!!!!

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Crafting

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

Precursor prices should be up from the increased demand for raw materials from the Bazaar of the Four Winds.

The precursor hunt through the forge is doing a lot of work in sinking materials ATM; precursors should be rare, expensive things and the price ATM is high but reasonable. The real problem is the lack of any progression in working towards one beyond saving a ton of money, which feels really bad.

Expect the scavenger hunt, when it comes out, to be extremely time consuming; enough so to make the current prices on the TP seem reasonable.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

If you actually think Anet is gonna do anything about precursors, then you are delusional. It’s been months and months and months and months with nothings changed, just “chat” from Anet about it. Do yourselves a favor and just accept this is how it is gonna be. Will make the game much more fun since you won’t spend all your time dwelling on the idea of precursors.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

Expect the scavenger hunt, when it comes out, to be extremely time consuming; enough so to make the current prices on the TP seem reasonable.

I expect the “fun and innovative” so-called scavenger hunt will actually be a new Mystic Forge recipe requiring a Charged Star (needs 1.000 Charged Lodestones), Dungeon Stars (requires 1.000 tokens from a given dungeon), Ectoplasm Stars (requires 1.000 ectos) and a corrupted weapon. The “scavenging” will be grinding for those materials and tokens in order to craft the precursor.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

in Crafting

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

I predict the scavenger hunt will involve something along the lines of inputing a credit card into the gem store to buy required pieces since we all know that Anet has destroyed the fun of farming for stuff ingame.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

in Crafting

Romo.3709

I expect the “fun and innovative” so-called scavenger hunt will actually be a new Mystic Forge recipe requiring a Charged Star (needs 1.000 Charged Lodestones), Dungeon Stars (requires 1.000 tokens from a given dungeon), Ectoplasm Stars (requires 1.000 ectos) and a corrupted weapon. The “scavenging” will be grinding for those materials and tokens in order to craft the precursor.

As sad as it is, this would STILL be a better system than what we have now. We could at least see how much closer we’re getting to acquiring thus precursor.

in Crafting

Posted by: Devilsmack.5736

Devilsmack.5736

Too expensive for simple looks if you ask me.

Alanna Grisel (M) / Devilsmack (N)
Kildemort (W) / Killer Claws (G)
Deadly God (En) – Fort Aspenwood

in Crafting

Romo.3709

You can Settle for pearl. But as far as I’m concerned this game is all about the looks. Look at the prices of dyes?

in Crafting

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

For anyone who is still wondering about chances:

One in 5 trys with rares give back an exotic on average.
One in 130 exotics is a precursor on average (=650 trys with 4 rares = 2600 rares)

So far my numbers – I noted more then 9k trys ( more then 36k rare items) and got 14 precursor so far.

Good luck.

in Crafting

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

For anyone who is still wondering about chances:

One in 5 trys with rares give back an exotic on average.
One in 130 exotics is a precursor on average (=650 trys with 4 rares = 2600 rares)

So far my numbers – I noted more then 9k trys ( more then 36k rare items) and got 14 precursor so far.

Good luck.

So then according to your theoretical and empiracle evidence, there is a .15% chance to get a precursor from the mystic forge. So so slim.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Crafting

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I think you got it all wrong.

1 ecto star would be 250 ectos and you’d need 250 ecto stars for a precursor. So its 62500 ectos you need, which seems more reasonable.

Sidenote: 36K items at an average 20s price… That’s only 7200 gold. Oh dear. Unless those 14 precursors was all Dusk, its still a loss.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in Crafting

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Hey I can barely count the number of fingers on my hand and still got 7 skillpoints left until I have everything for Bifrost due to being lazy, but I do know that greatswords are up to ~30s on the buy orders. But maybe you didnt toss in two handed weapons or crafted them, I dont know or care.

in Crafting

Posted by: Bloodchild.2680

Bloodchild.2680

If you actually think Anet is gonna do anything about precursors, then you are delusional. It’s been months and months and months and months with nothings changed, just “chat” from Anet about it. Do yourselves a favor and just accept this is how it is gonna be. Will make the game much more fun since you won’t spend all your time dwelling on the idea of precursors.

Blog post comes out the next day. Would you like some salt to eat these words? lol.

I’m sure the Scavenger hunt is going to be a pain, but it’s better than what we had.

in Crafting

Romo.3709

It is better in every way possible.
BUT “We aren’t quite ready to go into all the details here, but …”
This line alone pretty much says:
“Yeah it won’t be complete anytime soon guys, so keep holding your breath, but…”
I’m betting late December, maybe 1st Quarter of 2014.
Since they did mention that in Januray’s next 6th months project and nothing been done, so I wouldn’t hold my breath for this year really…

in Crafting

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

i know some people who’ve thrown like 1000 rares in forge and no precursor. some people have started playing like few months ago and thrown couple rares in forge and got several precursors.

sounds really insane to me.

i try to enjoy all aspects of the game pve, dungeons, fractals, wvw, spvp. i don’t have time to go camp world boss events to get rares or grind cof for gold. still i kind of feel that i have some sort of right to get that precursor some day without being filthy rich by RNG. or grinding ap or t6 mats whatever. it’s just horrible.

loot mechanics in this game in general are horrible too, you can spend thousand hours doing wvw or spvp and do fun stuff, but rewards you get is like plus minus zero. they really need to balance time consumption/skill and rewards instead of making this RNG grind.

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

in Crafting

Posted by: Belmont.4682

Belmont.4682

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-guild-wars-2-in-2013/

“Legendary Gear and Precursors

We aren’t quite ready to go into all the details here, but what I can say is you will see a specific way to build precursor items on your way to a legendary. On top of this, you’ll also see new legendary weapons and new types of legendary gear in 2013. Building your precursor will require a large amount of the new crafting material rewards listed above, 500 in crafting, and likely a combination of other items earned for completing more specific content in the game.

In addition, we’ll also improve the functionality of legendaries, allowing you to set their stats when out of combat to any stat combo available, so you don’t need to transmute stat changes for legendaries. Legendary gear will remain with the same tier of stats as ascended gear and will not be made more powerful than other gear, it will simply be slightly more convenient since it will no longer need transmutations to change stats."

There we go, assuming this new method will not include hardcore RNG like the toilet, i guess we can /thread this

in Crafting

Romo.3709

Wow, this would suck… Imagine: "We came up with a system that helps you beat that RNG based precursor drop with a new updated system of RNG based drop materials that when you put tons of them together you’ll make a “definite” precursor!"
Because as far as I’ve read it’ll use crafting professions in levels between 400-500 that will use account bound based crafting materials like Charged Quartz Crystals.

in Crafting

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

i know some people who’ve thrown like 1000 rares in forge and no precursor. some people have started playing like few months ago and thrown couple rares in forge and got several precursors.

Why ppl still think 1000 rares are much? If you throw in 1000 rares and get a precursor, than you are a very lucky guy. Chances are around 2600 rares into the forge (on average!)

in Crafting

Romo.3709

Why ppl still think 1000 rares are much? If you throw in 1000 rares and get a precursor, than you are a very lucky guy. Chances are around 2600 rares into the forge (on average!)

Because if we take the average 20s per rare (Not counting Gs or Staff that are in upper 30s on average), 1000 rares would be 200g. Not a lot of people have that laying around especially after making all the gifts. with 2600 rares would be around 520g which is (on average) way more than most of the precursors (again, not counting Gs and Staffs). And still speaking from experience, 2600 does not guarantee the precursor. And just like u said if you throw in 1000 of them in and get a pre, you’re lucky. But we keep seeing more and more often people throwing in 1000 and getting 3-4 of them, which suggesting that RNG being “Actual” RNG would be UNIMAGINABLE luck. That’s why people are complaining because more and more data shows that some accounts have just way more luck than other accounts. And we’re not talking about an exotic here and there, but constant flow of them.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ravenhunt.2735

Ravenhunt.2735

Luck Accounts exist? Big Question.
One guildmember becomes his 6th or 7th precursor in short time. Only luck?

And ANet? Data manipulation? Bug? Unknown exploit?

RNG/Luck in a game is no luck. Humans programmed this game, humans are not perfect.

(sorry for my englisch…)

Ventari says: “Act with wisdom, but act”
Meme says: “Meme?”

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

3 million accounts means the HAS TO BE at 3 accounts that are 1-in-a-million levels of lucky .

Its not coding goofs, its math.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Crafting

Posted by: Qearuzajon.3504

Qearuzajon.3504

i must say i LOOOOOVE mystic forge! got my 5th precursor from it 2 days ago! and our guild had abt 8 precursors same day in abt 1hr 30mins from it!

in Crafting

Posted by: VidGhost.3215

VidGhost.3215

i must say i LOOOOOVE mystic forge! got my 5th precursor from it 2 days ago! and our guild had abt 8 precursors same day in abt 1hr 30mins from it!

Good for you! . I’ve been playing this game from the start.. and i got to my Level 80 END Game 1 month after it was released…
Started farming for a Legendary Pre courser and have been ever since

Put in about 1000g++ in the forge in every way conceivable over that time
Rares and exotics, named and unnamed, COF runs and 500+ L48+ Fractals ( no GS skin) VERY UNLUCY! RNG

I’ve had ZERO ( 0 ) precursors.. and still farming to get one.

I’m at the point of saving to buy from the TP
Wish it wasnt like that but its sooo RARE to get one that buying is now my only option.

Once you put in 1000g worth of stuff into the forge you SHOULD be allowed to have a pre curse no MATTER what!

This will NOT flood the market at all and give people who have slaved over this game like myself and have NOTHING to show for it some happiness

ANET needs to fix this.

(edited by VidGhost.3215)