im very happy =D

Attachments:

SFR – [Opt] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqRdpJAUXqQ
Chuck Noriis – Warrior

Opening 1000 regular Dragon Coffers [Merged]

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

I bought 25 hoping to find at least 2-3 tickets, hearing from those who reviewed it before it was released, but i found NONE. This is the same as the southsun supply crates, if you hated them then hate these ones too.

Here’s why I don’t buy coffers, crates, chests, Black Lion keys, etc. Or gems anymore for that matter.

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: lithiumwing.5493

lithiumwing.5493

Farmed 30 and got a ticket. Gonna farm some more later for that shield.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Artereis.1260

Artereis.1260

Like usual, I budgeted $10 in gems for this event. Since there were no items on the store for a straight up purchase, I bought 10 boxes. Got one ticket, so I’m pleased.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

So I’m guessing we shall expect threads like these to pop up every month now since it is quite obvious that Anet has found a clever, if somewhat morally wrong, way to sap suckers out of there money with this ticket system.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: blakkrskyrr.7413

blakkrskyrr.7413

ridiculous. i spent a ton on the flame&frost chests and opened like 200 of them and got 2 tickets. i am not spending anything more. freakin stupid waste of money. no monetary value in it. this is a ploy to gain money. i’m not happy.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

ridiculous. i spent a ton on the flame&frost chests and opened like 200 of them and got 2 tickets. i am not spending anything more. freakin stupid waste of money. no monetary value in it. this is a ploy to gain money. i’m not happy.

Do keep in mind that these are the regular chests, which have a lower drop rate than the rich one. However, with a drop rate likely to be less than .5%, it is unlikely that any ordinary player is likely to see one come from a standard dragon coffer.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

I got 3 tickets HOOHOO!

vvuevv

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

The drop rate is .4% on the wiki drop rate.
you need 4000 chests to get a 100% chance to get one weapon with the common coffers.

I have no clue what the drop rate of Rich Coffer, but if I had to guess from what others are saying it’s close to 1 out of a 100.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

Opened 10 rich coffers, 300 dragon coffers, and 0 weapon tickets. 3-4 minis, and the rest are candy + misc. I’m really sick of RNG. Why can’t I just get the ticket as per normal (rox shield etc).

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Aria Cloudancer.2780

Aria Cloudancer.2780

Once again I was foolish enough to believe Anet and bought 100 Rich Coffers for the Anet preferred drop rate on Dragon’s Jade Weapon Tickets. Yes, I was happy to get 2 Knight minipets thank you but i really would have preferred a ticker or two for the account bound rare weapon skin – No tickets – Not one. Shame on me…

Maybe its time that Anet do a little more for the people that support the game after purchase and have some type of cutoff. For example if you buy 50 Rich Coffers you get a ticket regardless. Thanks for souring the Dragon Bash with false advertising and impossible attainments (Dragon Wings = 10,000 pieces Zhaitantaffy) and empty coffers.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

Opened 10 rich coffers, 300 dragon coffers, and 0 weapon tickets. 3-4 minis, and the rest are candy + misc. I’m really sick of RNG. Why can’t I just get the ticket as per normal (rox shield etc).

If you could buy it straight out for a ton of gems to keep it prestigious, some would feel that is pay to win. Even though it is cosmetic, people would feel that those with much $$ in real life, or tons of gold in game would be the only ones able to get them. By making it a chance, those who are wealthy, those who are not, receive the same chances.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

in Dragon Bash

TheKillerAngel.3596

you need 4000 chests to get a 100% chance to get one weapon with the common coffers.

I have no clue what the drop rate of Rich Coffer, but if I had to guess from what others are saying it’s close to 1 out of a 100.

It’s less than .04%, not .4%. If it were .4% it would be dropping at roughly the same frequency as the potions.

(edited by TheKillerAngel.3596)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

Got 2 tickets from around 150 rare coffers and 1 ticket from 50 coffer drops

vvuevv

in Dragon Bash

Aria Cloudancer.2780

I am afraid that I have to agree with the majority here. I have learned my lesson and will not be purchasing or farming any more chests, boxes, coffers etc. Even the few of you that did get a ticket with a purchase of a few rich coffers need to look at the bulk of the comments then multiply that number some ten fold for all the people that say nothing and just turn off the game. All they have to do is offer a ticket with the purchase of some set number of boxes. They might even sell more chests.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

If you could buy it straight out for a ton of gems to keep it prestigious, some would feel that is pay to win. Even though it is cosmetic, people would feel that those with much $$ in real life, or tons of gold in game would be the only ones able to get them. By making it a chance, those who are wealthy, those who are not, receive the same chances.

No, that’s not what I think. I think if I can get it as a cosmetic item from gem store, it feels like I’m supporting Anet monthly, instead of a money cash grab with RNG boxes. That’s what I think. I got 1 mini out of 10 rich coffers with some misc food and I was wondering why I supported Anet RNG boxes.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I just wish people would stop buying the RNG boxes altogether. It’s the only real way to win.

in Dragon Bash

Geotherma.2395

No, that’s not what I think. I think if I can get it as a cosmetic item from gem store, it feels like I’m supporting Anet monthly, instead of a money cash grab with RNG boxes. That’s what I think. I got 1 mini out of 10 rich coffers with some misc food and I was wondering why I supported Anet RNG boxes.

It may not be what you think, but if you take a look at all the people having trouble even making 1g in game who are casual and don’t have as much irl cash, you can see the difference. A games quality items whether they be cosmetic or functional should never cater to a financial standard that can make people feel inferior. You can look at this economically in most countries, Africa for instance generally has the super rich and the super poor. Those with wealth have respect and control, those without live in terrible standards of living.

I think people on either end of the spectrum deserve the same quality of life, and the same holds true for the game. I can go toss $2,000 on gem cards and buy anything i wish, but if that gave me an advantage over those who couldn’t I would feel bad, and feel as though the game left out an important amount of people. Since everything is essentially cosmetic or convenience I don’t feel that way. But as far as prestigious items, I truly believe for now a random chance to get is more fair than just allowing richer players with more gold/cash to outright buy them. Becoming the majority holders of said prestige items through wealth alone. That just doesn’t feel right.

Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

The difference between the rich and regular coffers isn’t really big and regular coffers are cheap/easy to acquire(plus you get more rolls on minis & consumables).

It’s kinda funny they added non-gemstore options and it ends up being better. Just convert your gems to gold and buy the normal ones and you’ll have better luck there.

in Dragon Bash

Aria Cloudancer.2780

“If you people wanna keep spending ya real cash on gambling then complain when it screws you over.. sorry but blame lies on you not ANET or NCSoft.”

Here is a new flash little new-age pal, thievery is a crime, the thief goes to jail not the victim. That is because it is morally wrong to steal. I have watched this obtuse vilification of victims in the USA for some time now. You people that go this argument that the victim is the one to blame all need to pull your heads out of a tight dark place and understand that the thief is not the purchaser. The thief is the company that makes ambiguous comments bordering on falsehood in order to dupe people of all ages into wasting their money.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Drakonis.4579

Drakonis.4579

“If you people wanna keep spending ya real cash on gambling then complain when it screws you over.. sorry but blame lies on you not ANET or NCSoft.”

Here is a new flash little new-age pal, thievery is a crime, the thief goes to jail not the victim. That is because it is morally wrong to steal. I have watched this obtuse vilification of victims in the USA for some time now. You people that go this argument that the victim is the one to blame all need to pull your heads out of a tight dark place and understand that the thief is not the purchaser. The thief is the company that makes ambiguous comments bordering on falsehood in order to dupe people of all ages into wasting their money.

QFT

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

So I’m guessing we shall expect threads like these to pop up every month now since it is quite obvious that Anet has found a clever, if somewhat morally wrong, way to sap suckers out of there money with this ticket system.

Are you stupid? I’m asking because it’s quite clear my thread is about regular dragon coffers, not the ones bought on the gem store.

in Dragon Bash

Geotherma.2395

Also don’t forget the coffers drop pretty much everywhere, this includes Orr. So keep that in mind as far as farming events, you could end up with quite a few if you catch an event chain with many mobs.

in Dragon Bash

TheKillerAngel.3596

The math so far shows that regular coffers have a less than .05% chance of yielding a ticket.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I got a ticket from a regular coffer after opening around 125 to 150 of them.

So torn, I cannot decide!!

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Khyber.2693

Khyber.2693

I bought 40 and got a ticket, and people in my guild are showing more success with the normal ones than the rich ones.

On another note, if you want a skin which one do you want? I’m thinking I either want the Gs for my ranger or the longbow for a warrior I will make soon.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

Have some market manipulation bro. ~100 posts full of google doc spreadsheets disagree with you ^__^

You’re better off refusing to buy ANY coffers and protesting Anet’s RNG system for acquiring event skins. They should just allow us to buy event skins in the gem store for 800-1200 gems a pop

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lady Lue.5601

Lady Lue.5601

750 Coffers, 40 Rich Coffers 0 skins… I feel like i’m being scammed by a money hungry company. If you don’t make this right Anet its Buh bye for me.

in Dragon Bash

TheKillerAngel.3596

Have some market manipulation bro. ~100 posts full of google doc spreadsheets disagree with you ^__^

You’re better off refusing to buy ANY coffers and protesting Anet’s RNG system for acquiring event skins. They should just allow us to buy event skins in the gem store for 800-1200 gems a pop

This is true. Regular coffers have a less than .05% chance of yielding a ticket. You will have to spend a significant amount of gold for a chance at a ticket regardless.

in Dragon Bash

TheKillerAngel.3596

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

i opened around 85 rich coffers and a about 37 regular coffers, no ticket, skin, or wing drop. these “higher” chances from getting them from rich coffers are extremely off. i know random is random though what exactly are the chances of getting them from regular/rich coffers?

regular coffer 0.5%
rich coffer 1%

just my guess.
whatever they are, they’re extremely way too low.

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I just wish people would stop buying the RNG boxes altogether. It’s the only real way to win.

I agree, this is getting beyond a joke..

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: DivineBuddha.1589

DivineBuddha.1589

Well I must say quite impressed by Anet here they refunded my $40 I spent in the gem store and after a huge effort of trading/farming and at about 200 Rich Dragon Coffers and 1000 Normal Dragon Coffers(All spent with In game Money) I have gotten 1 Ticket for the Jade Weapons. I would really like to support this game but unfortunately until Nexon jr. aka NCsoft changes the RNG aspected of the gem store I’ll probably not spend anymore real money and implore the rest of you to do the same we as a community can get them to change some of the ways they do stuff for the gem store. Im sorry for my out rage earlier you would be pretty steamed if you wasted money also.

in Dragon Bash

TheKillerAngel.3596

i opened around 85 rich coffers and a about 37 regular coffers, no ticket, skin, or wing drop. these “higher” chances from getting them from rich coffers are extremely off. i know random is random though what exactly are the chances of getting them from regular/rich coffers?

regular coffer 0.5%
rich coffer 1%

just my guess.
whatever they are, they’re extremely way too low.

Regular coffer is more like less than .05%.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

The math so far shows that regular coffers have a less than .05% chance of yielding a ticket.

I just can’t see it, unless I’m the luckiest guy in the world. A few over 100 so far 2 tickets 4 minis. First one was on my third coffer. GF has been farming with me, so far she has 3 minis but no tickets =(. Wish I could just give them to her I don’t even want them.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Dumb Woob.9415

Dumb Woob.9415

For any n independent events with outcome x having probability less than 1, in order to ensure (100% chance, or probability of 1) that P(x)=1, n would have to be infinite.

This concept can be better simplified by flipping a coin. If I flip a coin twice, I can expect, on average, to get one ‘heads’ result. However, there is a .25 chance of two flips not being heads. Three coins, you say? Well, the chance of no heads is still .125. Four coins? .0625 and so on. For any finite number of coins, that probability of a negative result will always be greater than zero.

Edit: it should be obvious given the context, but I should specify that n is a positive integer.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Although I have only found 9 coffers so far and got nothing special from them, those 9 coffers were found during the time I did my daily and Jormag. Those 9 coffers also equal the numbers of crates I found in about 100 hours in Southsun!

Theftwind (HoD)

in Dragon Bash

TheKillerAngel.3596

I just can’t see it, unless I’m the luckiest guy in the world. A few over 100 so far 2 tickets 4 minis. First one was on my third coffer. GF has been farming with me, so far she has 3 minis but no tickets =(. Wish I could just give them to her I don’t even want them.

Extreme luck, that’s all.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

From 250 non-gemstore coffers:

Attachments:

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Voltar.8574

Voltar.8574

If only statistics worked that way.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

They should at least make the kitten skins tradeable on the TP. Or do like in Halloween and introduce another source for the tickets to drop at better rates.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Voltar.8574

Voltar.8574

Yeah, the more people keep buying these things, the more they’ll keep selling them and gating skins behind them. I remember back in the day when skill was supposed to be important in this game. I haven’t bought the Perfect World boxes since Halloween.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Rama.6439

Rama.6439

True, I wouldn’t buy any of them coffers, and those rare dragon wings that drop from the coffers, look like fairy wings. Hope the achievement wings look better.

Arcubus Balefire – 80 Guardian
Välkyri – 80 Warrior
JQ[Lulz] – Kill fur Thrillz…

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The main issue here is that people were led to believe that Rich Dragon Coffers would have a significantly higher chance at dropping Dragon Jade tickets than normal Coffers. Judging by the stories being told here and elsewhere, that doesn’t seem to be the case. (Or if it is, the difference is miniscule, like an increase from a 0.5% chance to a 2% chance.)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

It’s a shame they’ve gone down the RNG route once again. I really like the Jade skins but I will not be endorsing RNG by buying the boxes. I will support Anet if they started offering the skins in sets or in the gem store. I’m not a gambler, as much as I feel bad for those that have once again lost out due to the boxes you have been told.. Don’t buy them.. Simple..

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

They should at least make the kitten skins tradeable on the TP. Or do like in Halloween and introduce another source for the tickets to drop at better rates.

I wish they would make it so you could trade them. I don’t want the two I have would gladly give them to her or sell them.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

I always find the complaints about this fascinating. People are buying a product and getting mad at it for acting as described.

From a game design and business standpoint, this model makes too much sense. It keeps the cosmetic items lucrative, and it obviously makes ArenaNet and NCSoft a lot of money because people time and time again fall for the same supposed “trick.”

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

I think arenanet are not behind this. A lot of people say that it is NCsoft. I don’t know for sure, but from my experience with arenanet, i don’t think they would come up with this kind of cheap sale offers…

You’ll find that all of the systems they use to limit loot, DR, nerfs, RNG are designed specifically by NCsoft. That’s why I’m extremely leery about Wildstar. I refuse to buy the thing at launch because this kind of thing with the loot didn’t start with GW2 until 2 months after launch.

I love that you named this image “ggblizz.” LOL.

The main issue here is that people were led to believe that Rich Dragon Coffers would have a significantly higher chance at dropping Dragon Jade tickets than normal Coffers. Judging by the stories being told here and elsewhere, that doesn’t seem to be the case. (Or if it is, the difference is miniscule, like an increase from a 0.5% chance to a 2% chance.)

This would be a 200 percent increase. Statistically, that’s a massive difference.

(edited by Lopez.7369)

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

About 600 regular coffers, no ticket.

in Dragon Bash

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Me ? Where did I say anyone was a fanboy? I merely said that the particular person perhaps wants us to spread a word of warning about this oh, quite vocal fanboy population. It was your own idea to think I try to suggest you are one of them. Perhaps for a reason, hmm ? (:

Claiming that you only rephrased another person’s point (that I do not see related to your post at all to begin with) and had no intent behind that is a really disingenuous tactic and it won’t work on me.

See, there you define people who feel they were ripped off by Anet as irresponsible maniacs and whatnot. Now that I call you a fanboy it’s a logical flaw.

If someone spends a quite large sum (enough to buy the groceries of 2-3 days) on virtual gambling in the expectation to receive a rare drop I do think they are irresponsible with their money. Though I want to emphasize I did not intend to address OP or anyone specifically.
But the main issue here is that it’s hypocritical to participate multiple times in said gambling and complain only afterwards, instead of boycotting it, i.e. voting with your wallet, or open a critical thread in general protest. It seems most people complaining about this are, after unlucky drops, asking for better chances at the RNG instead of a wholly new system.
So, you have chosen some uneasy allies Master of Timespace.
In contrast, disagreeing with a critique of one certain facet of the game does not make one a fanboy at all. No “irony” here.