[Merged] Fractal level reset is equity wiped. Discuss.

in Fractured

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

I agree completely with you Jmar.

The equity loss is more than just time here, it is access to better loot tables and rewards that these players (>30) have earnt in many cases.
I ran FoTM lvl 48s (once I had enough AR) after hitting lvl 38 knowing that the end daily chest has a better % chance of fractal/ascended weapons.

We the players had no idea how much difference lvl 30 loot tables are from lvl 50 – they would need to be significant to ensure people played the higher levels instead. This is what we are being denied access to. We now have to redo the levels (which are now easier to reach lvl 50) to get access to the same prior loot tables.

Now IF the loot table at lvl 30 (new) = existing loot table at lvl 48 – this would be more interesting. It still would not be fair but the sense of equity loss would be less.

Many people don’t read the news or new patch release notes until after the release hits. I expect more fireworks next week (not the “happy new year” fireworks type either).

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

in Fractured

Posted by: overEnd.2947

overEnd.2947

When fractals were introduced, there was no cap. Fractals were “infinite”

in Fractured

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Actually, i wouldn’t have any problem in doing that. But as the other solution i talked off – putting those titles and achievements and postpone the fractal patch for some months, so that the people interested in the rewards have enough time to put in effort and gain them – it is unfeasible. As they should change quite a bit about the scaling of the new content, and this isn’t something they can do in a day, and either a week (the amount of time since we know about the patch).

Then we agree they could, and should, have started it at 50? or 80?

At 50 – it could have been fine (i’m strongly opposed to that 80 for reasons that should be quite clear by now).
Albeit they probably avoided to do that due of some internal metric, since ultimately, not many people will have arrived to that level (and if i have to assume a reason, it is more like there was no incentive at all for many people to go to that level, rather than for a matter of difficulty).
Also, as they mentioned in another thread, the scaling made for very boring situations (dredge cart, ugh) due of numbers and hp sponges involved. Thus a lower level (thus a lower scaling) and variable maluses could effectively make for an enjoyable, but still difficult dungeon (albeit, this depends on the implementation, so we’ll see about that).

And to be clear, i never thought they’re doing the right thing (cause i also explained multiple times what i would find “right”) but rather, that by giving nothing at this point, they’re doing the less wrong thing, but nonetheless wrong. Cause either they enrage people who did it for the challenge, or people who didn’t do it because they found no incentive on doing it. Beside the second ones being the majority, adding said incentive when the content isn’t there anymore wouldn’t make much sense (and we’re back to the “right” solution i mentioned many times).

in Fractured

Posted by: JMar.3254

JMar.3254

Then we differ morally on what is right and what is wrong.

You get nothing! You lose, good day sir!

in Fractured

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

You can disagree how much you want, but the analogy is completely wrong – and i explained why just above.
And they put time and effort of their own initiative, well knowing it didn’t award titles, achievements or any other reward. I don’t see why they should get one now, when they are making such things unavailable.

Would it be fair to give a Mad King’s mask now to whoever finished 200 times the Mad King’s Clock Tower in the last halloween?
Obviously no. People didn’t expect a reward – they were never supposed to get one.
So why should this be different?

Reward of playing 50-80 is mostly about getting to the higher scale. Now when they remove those higher levels we lose most of our rewards.
You are probably also have a number which you are care about (whether it is achievement points, gear, gold, wxp, etc).

I certainly do. I am proud of my achievement score, and I like my gear and gold. I don’t WvW so no to wxp. The thing is, none of those things are relevant to the argument because none of those things correspond to Fractal Level in any meaningful way.

The argument about the Clocktower, that was a meaningful argument because that is close to a one to one correspondence. If each time you went up the tower it somehow got harder it would be even better. People climbed the clocktower over and over because it was fun and they enjoyed it, not for some arbitrary bonus gift. They got next to nothing for the effort, but it was fun and a thing to do. I enjoyed pushing myself to get up there five times in a single “match.” But I didn’t expect anything of it.

If they suddenly gave everyone who climbed it hundreds of times a title that would never return, now after the fact, I would be tweeked. I did not run it that many times. But I easily could have. If I’d been aware the title would be a thing I would have done it because I enjoy the JP and I like titles. I would feel I deserved that title because I could have earned it, and I would have earned it if I’d known.

This is the same thing. The better solution is the one they’re absolutely going to follow, to just move forward like they always do and not give out arbitrary honors for something that doesn’t exist anymore.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Fractured

JMar.3254

This is the same thing.

It is not. The clocktower had an end and was implemented as temporary content.

Fractals of the Mists was introduced as an unlimited permanent dungeon.

Horrible, horrible analogy.

in Fractured

Posted by: McSlappy.1372

McSlappy.1372

As far as no reply’s from ANet, they can’t. If they tell you it’s going to happen anyways it’d PR bust. It’s coming out tomorrow so it’s coming out the way they intended so for them the best best is silence and to delete posts and threads. You have a choice. You can like I will try them out and see if they are more rewarding to do then other content. Or not it’s that simple. If you choose to do them cool. If not there other GW2 content or content in other games.

I personally played my part in protesting Anet by this weekend making sure that two people I met this weekend at a gaming group will not bother to even consider buying GW2. They asked what games I play and I listed them and mentioned that they really didn’t wanna even bother with GW2 because…..then went in to many of the unfun blunders they’ve made over the past year. Will continue to get the word out about how aweful it is till they’ve fixed their game.

But for us that already have it you have a choice. Do what if anything you think is fun in the game.

in Fractured

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

This is the same thing.

All entirely irrelevant facts to the situation. Try actually reading.

No, the biggest issue is that we weren’t told. If we had known about this many of us wouldn’t have grinded to scale 80. And at least those who did would have known what they were up to.

It’s really sad so many think this is fair. Developers mess up and instead of standing together people attack those who got hurt. Really awful community.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

in Fractured

Kal Spiro.9745

This is the same thing.

No, the biggest issue is that we weren’t told. If we had known about this many of us wouldn’t have grinded to scale 80. And at least those who did would have known what they were up to.

It’s really sad so many think this is fair. Developers mess up and instead of standing together people attack those who got hurt. Really awful community.

No one got hurt, You are not being hurt by this. You may be getting set back and you knew very well you weren’t supposed to even get to 80. If you didn’t that’s still your bad, not ANets.

I will not stand with people whose only argument is, I want a thing because I’ll have to do new content at a lower level than I was for the older “content” that won’t exist anymore. It’s not a valid argument. You don’t deserve anything. You didn’t actually earn anything. You reached a very high level in content you weren’t intended to reach it in, with no incentive but because you wanted to. You’re not being stopped from trying to do it all over again in the new content. Nothing you actually physically earned is being removed from you, only an arbitrary number that is associated with a difficulty level that will no longer be relevant to the game.

If that makes you sad, then be sad. But it still doesn’t mean you deserve anything.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

in Fractured

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

This is the same thing.

No one got hurt, You are not being hurt by this. You may be getting set back and you knew very well you weren’t supposed to even get to 80. If you didn’t that’s still your bad, not ANets.

I will not stand with people whose only argument is, I want a thing because I’ll have to do new content at a lower level than I was for the older “content” that won’t exist anymore. It’s not a valid argument. You don’t deserve anything. You didn’t actually earn anything. You reached a very high level in content you weren’t intended to reach it in, with no incentive but because you wanted to. You’re not being stopped from trying to do it all over again in the new content. Nothing you actually physically earned is being removed from you, only an arbitrary number that is associated with a difficulty level that will no longer be relevant to the game.

If that makes you sad, then be sad. But it still doesn’t mean you deserve anything.

give me an official Statement or whatever prepatch january that we weren’t ment to go there or at least I wasn’t ment to go there otherwise your Statement is invalid. I can give you the new teaser Video = unlimited Levels and the original News also unlimited Level.. So please give me a Statement pre january patch that states I wasn’t ment to go there ty!

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I don’t think it’s a big deal at all. They are mechanically changed how the levels work in Fractals. They set everyone back to the point where it starts to become different.

New 30+ fractals isn’t the same things as old 30+ fractals.

Like I said before, with the leaderboards, different boss fractals, different rewards and different mechanics all count as a different experience.

In a way you could say the older fractals are being taken out of the game in favor for a new ruleset.

Starting with the mistlock instabilities on lvl 50 might be in the interest of people who did go that far, but for those who aren’t crazy enough to grind fractals all day, level 30 is just fine. Asking that is asking other players to grind more, because you grinded? That’s a very selfish view on the matter.

I mean, playing the game to challenge yourself to get as far as you could possibly get was the point. Being able to pick higher to get to the next level in order to challenge yourself is the whole point.

Now, new challenges are being put in from 30 onwards. If you would retain your old level (50 80 whatever) you can never ever claim to yourself that you rightfully gained the reward level that you had gotten before the new mechanics. You basically cheated your way out by doing the content before certain things came on your path.

I mean, as for the whole fractal business, it’s just alot better if everyone starts right before where things start to get different and interesting. As per experience rather than some artificial attained level you have gotten through grinding/cheesing your way to the older version of fractals.

That said, it would be nice to get maybe some one time reward for your effort before you did so, like 1 loot roll from the lvl 80 chest/lvl70 chest/lvl 60 chest) or whatever your highest level was.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

in Fractured

JMar.3254

This is the same thing.

Wow, this is incredibly rude. You really should try to be polite.

The facts I mentioned were/are relevant. People knew clocktower wasn’t going to stay around. So you did it or you didn’t.

FOTM was advertised as being endless. We tried to get as far as possible, and now our level is being reset because of that.

Please stop being so rude and insulting.

in Fractured

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

I don’t think it’s a big deal at all. They are mechanically changed how the levels work in Fractals. They set everyone back to the point where it starts to become different.

New 30+ fractals isn’t the same things as old 30+ fractals.

Like I said before, with the leaderboards, different boss fractals, different rewards and different mechanics all count as a different experience.

In a way you could say the older fractals are being taken out of the game in favor for a new ruleset.

Starting with the mistlock instabilities on lvl 50 might be in the interest of people who did go that far, but for those who aren’t crazy enough to grind fractals all day, level 30 is just fine. Asking that is asking other players to grind more, because you grinded? That’s a very selfish view on the matter.

I mean, playing the game to challenge yourself to get as far as you could possibly get was the point. Being able to pick higher to get to the next level in order to challenge yourself is the whole point.

Now, new challenges are being put in from 30 onwards. If you would retain your old level (50 80 whatever) you can never ever claim to yourself that you rightfully gained the reward level that you had gotten before the new mechanics. You basically cheated your way out by doing the content before certain things came on your path.

I mean, as for the whole fractal business, it’s just alot better if everyone starts right before where things start to get different and interesting. As per experience rather than some artificial attained level you have gotten through grinding/cheesing your way to the older version of fractals.

That said, it would be nice to get maybe some one time reward for your effort before you did so, like 1 loot roll from the lvl 80 chest/lvl70 chest/lvl 60 chest) or whatever your highest level was.

with this Argument you are ok if pvp rank gets reseted every new map .. or if they implement a new better mmr because you know everything is new and stuff… same for wvw rank when they introduce new mechanics because it’s changed the gamemode so all should start on equal ground from when the gamemode changed ( wich means wvw rank reset…)

if you ok with this ok.. but don’t complain about ppl who think this is unfair

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Kal Spiro.9745

This is the same thing.

give me an official Statement or whatever prepatch january that we weren’t ment to go there or at least I wasn’t ment to go there otherwise your Statement is invalid. I can give you the new teaser Video = unlimited Levels and the original News also unlimited Level.. So please give me a Statement pre january patch that states I wasn’t ment to go there ty!

The fact that it is physically impossible to go past 80 because 81 is locked out discounts unlimited levels right there. Unlimited levels was a concept, not a reality. ANet capped it themselves at 80, that was something they put in after the fact, so that would be your official statement. Pretty much everything you’re saying here loses meaning after that, but I’ll continue anyway.

The soft cap on AR is level 50. Therefore you weren’t intended, by game mechanics, to go beyond 50, yet. Rather than losing 50 levels you should only be getting set back 20 levels, less than half all the levels you should have achieved. That shouldn’t be that big a deal.

in Fractured

JMar.3254

The soft cap on AR is level 50. Therefore you weren’t intended, by game mechanics, to go beyond 50, yet. Rather than losing 50 levels you should only be getting set back 20 levels, less than half all the levels you should have achieved. That shouldn’t be that big a deal.

Soft cap could have been hard cap if we weren’t supposed to go past that.

You can have unlimited levels. Don’t have a cap. Make it so hard and impossible that nobody can get past it. As soon as somebody completes it, open up 10 more levels. Not that hard really.

We expected more levels after an update (some waiitng at 50, some waiting at 80). Not to be reset to 30 because the devs made a mistake and chose to take it out on the playerbase.

in Fractured

Kal Spiro.9745

This is the same thing.

Wow, this is incredibly rude. You really should try to be polite.

The facts I mentioned were/are relevant. People knew clocktower wasn’t going to stay around. So you did it or you didn’t.

FOTM was advertised as being endless. We tried to get as far as possible, and now our level is being reset because of that.

Please stop being so rude and insulting.

They’re not relevant because in this scenario the Clocktower has already been shut down. As of right now Halloween is over, there is no clocktower.

FotM has never been endless. There is a hard cap on the levels, therefore that argument is also irrelevant. It doesn’t matter what it was advertised as, only what it is. FotM isn’t being discontinued, it is evolving, you will still be able to run FotM and gain levels in it, you will just have to start at a maximum of level 30. So again the endlessness of FotM is an irrelevant argument.

None of these arguments are relevant to the scenario where people get a title, that will never return for any reason, for running the clocktower JP over 200 times, now after Halloween events have already ended.

I have no control over how you take my comments, nor any interest in doing so. If you’re going to try to argue against me, use arguments that are relevant, or I will call you out on them.

in Fractured

Kal Spiro.9745

You can have unlimited levels. Don’t have a cap. Make it so hard and impossible that nobody can get past it. As soon as somebody completes it, open up 10 more levels. Not that hard really.

We expected more levels after an update (some waiitng at 50, some waiting at 80). Not to be reset to 30 because the devs made a mistake and chose to take it out on the playerbase.

Your expectations fell short. In my opinion that’s your fault for having expectations. I’m probably jaded because I main a Ranger, but I still know better than to have expectations where ANet is concerned.

The reality, though, is that ANet is not beholden to you. Nor is it their responsibility to uphold your expectations, nor mine. They chose a different path, and it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks of that path, nor right nor wrong. All that matters is that ANet chose that path and is following it. Everyone else can either get in line, or not, but no one is getting any more than that.

in Fractured

JMar.3254

Your expectations fell short. In my opinion that’s your fault for having expectations. I’m probably jaded because I main a Ranger, but I still know better than to have expectations where ANet is concerned.

The reality, though, is that ANet is not beholden to you. Nor is it their responsibility to uphold your expectations, nor mine. They chose a different path, and it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks of that path, nor right nor wrong. All that matters is that ANet chose that path and is following it. Everyone else can either get in line, or not, but no one is getting any more than that.

Lol. “Tarnished Coast – Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), GS/LB, Signets, Cleric Spec, 30/10/20/0/10”

This was just pointed out to me by a special friend. Obviously, this conversation with you is not worth it.

in Fractured

FrizzFreston.5290

with this Argument you are ok if pvp rank gets reseted every new map .. or if they implement a new better mmr because you know everything is new and stuff… same for wvw rank when they introduce new mechanics because it’s changed the gamemode so all should start on equal ground from when the gamemode changed ( wich means wvw rank reset…)

I am not complaining, I was simply stating my opinion. If you disagree that is fine.

I don’t think PvP rank and WvW rank are all the same as fractal level, so obviously there is a different concept for either of those. Let’s say ArenaNet would make it easier to get PvP ranks or WvW ranks. I mean, they did this before with gladiator ranks in GW1, and really people that got really high were still complaining, saying that things were so different right now that it was easier to get.

In a sense, the new 30+ fractals are a new game mode, so people should start on equal ground from that, especially when making it into a leaderboard.
Perhaps in order to show an old school leaderboard for the old school fractals could be an idea, but I doubt anyone who got that high really cares for that.

That’s why I proposed for people who attained such high ranks to still be able to pick that difficulty level they had attained before while starting out at reward level 30. In that sense, “progress” isn’t lost, leaderboards aren’t negatively affected, only the reward level they had gotten before is set back a little. Actually, leaderboards could work independently from the fractals in-game and set everyone at 30 adding +1 whenever they attempt a higher level fractal.

That said, I don’t know what level of rewards they have set out, so people might get certain rewards much easier, simply because they got there in a different version of it. Or the progression might be fine for someone who goes through it naturally, while people that want to attempt at a higher level straight away might run into numerous problems, like lack of AR, lack of knowledge of the new fractals and such things and fail miserably.

As for what level is “supposed” to be attained:

On the wiki:

Difficulty 51-80 is not intended to be unlocked at the moment, Jade Maw’s agony kills instantly at 50+. However, some players unlocked these levels before that blockade was implemented and are still able to open them. Odd difficulties can be completed (including potential level progression for other players), but reward the same as the lower tier.

Thus setting everyone to level 50 should be just fine, as there’s no increase in reward above lvl 50.

Hell is if it’s a possibility, set Mistlock instabilities at lvl 50+.

(edited by FrizzFreston.5290)

in Fractured

Wethospu.6437

Wiki is edited by the players….

in Fractured

JMar.3254

As for what level is “supposed” to be attained:

On the wiki:

Difficulty 51-80 is not intended to be unlocked at the moment, Jade Maw’s agony kills instantly at 50+. However, some players unlocked these levels before that blockade was implemented and are still able to open them. Odd difficulties can be completed (including potential level progression for other players), but reward the same as the lower tier.

Wiki is not a reliable source. If it’s not intended they should have just put the hard cap at 51, not 81.

in Fractured

FrizzFreston.5290

It’s just as reliable as any arguments that are being made otherwise.

EDIT: So I did some research myself here, because everyone is lackluster to do so and went back to some posts about 50+ fractals and when this was made impossible:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Fractals-past-lvl-40/first#post1384758

(edited by FrizzFreston.5290)

in Fractured

JMar.3254

It’s just as reliable as any arguments that are being made otherwise.

EDIT: So I did some research myself here, because everyone is lackluster to do so and went back to some posts about 50+ fractals and when this was made impossible:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Fractals-past-lvl-40/first#post1384758

Good point. I guess we were never intended to get past 40.

Silly us.

in Fractured

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The fact that they have completely redone lvl 31-50?
Isn’t that reason enough?

If they completely redid Orr would you still complain that you had to rediscover WPs that are in completely different places from before?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Fractured

Posted by: lekyii.9856

lekyii.9856

The fact that they have completely redone lvl 31-50?
Isn’t that reason enough?

If they completely redid Orr would you still complain that you had to rediscover WPs that are in completely different places from before?

Completly redone? they just use the gambit system from the queen patch…

to me this was just a way to keep the player base with “End game” while they make new content.

And cmon everyone can see that the Leaderboards was a last minute call to excuse the “reset” on the fractals level.

in Fractured

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

If you polled the SPvP forum I’m pretty sure the vast majority of players there would be in favor of a rank reset due to what a joke the current system is. I know I would be. Would you prefer if ArenaNet simply left fractals to rot instead of dealing with the many issues present, progression being one of them?

in Fractured

lordkrall.7241

Completly redone? they just use the gambit system from the queen patch…

to me this was just a way to keep the player base with “End game” while they make new content.

And cmon everyone can see that the Leaderboards was a last minute call to excuse the “reset” on the fractals level.

And changed scaling.
And added new fractals.
And added new rewards.

And no, it is not even close to the Gambit system from QJ.
The gambit system was something you could influence yourself, while these Instabilities are here whether you want them or not.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Fractured

lordkrall.7241

Hey so the personal level wipe was worth it! It’s just so fair that the first person to grind his #### off to 50 deserves to be there forever. GG ANET.

How is it more fair that people would automatically be on the top when the leaderboard was introduced making it impossible for anyone else to get there?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Fractured

JMar.3254

Hey so the personal level wipe was worth it! It’s just so fair that the first person to grind his #### off to 50 deserves to be there forever. GG ANET.

How is it more fair that people would automatically be on the top when the leaderboard was introduced making it impossible for anyone else to get there?

Neither. It’s a horrible idea and poorly implemented.

I’m still recovering a little bit after watching that thief gameplay.

in Fractured

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Guys, we need to prove ourselves. Anet had to use p/p thief, staff guardian, staff necro, lb ranger and some other thief to even think about completing new fractals.

Reset justified.

(edited by haviz.1340)

in Fractured

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Since the most heard complaint is the fact 1 guardian makes fractal WAY easier.

Why didn t they test it at 50 without guardians just to prove the game is balanced?

(answer: because its not)

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Fractured

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Since the most heard complaint is the fact 1 guardian makes fractal WAY easier.

Why didn t they test it at 50 without guardians just to prove the game is balanced?

(answer: because its not)

Because obviously you need at least 1 guardian to tag all the mobs at higher levels or they just break combat and reset. Common knowledge really. I guess staff necromancer covers the tagging a bit so you could theoretically run with 2 staff necros instead. But then you lose swifness and empower.

in Fractured

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Aegis, reflect and stuff….makes life easier….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Fractured

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

Guys, we need to prove ourselves. Anet had to use p/p thief, staff guardian, staff necro, lb ranger and some other thief to even think about completing new fractals.

Reset justified.

No, dont trust that video.

That thief with the P/P is one of the worst thieves Ive ever seen. If I remember, the other Dev commented on him being bad. No 2nd weapon set….. no other weapon sets actually, bad utility or two and never changing utilities to fit the needs of the fight, Im betting bad trait setup too.

I almost was in tears how bad it was and feel sry for newer players watching it think thats how a thief is played.

IDK if his heart isnt into thief or what, Im not saying he is a bad player at all, Ive never seen him play other classes, just he shouldnt play thief on live video next time ^^

SAB or RIOT

in Fractured

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

We’re still waiting for a kitten answer ArenaNet.

in Fractured

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Reset justified.

I’m always wondering if the tester team does that on purpose or is it just their legit gameplay.

Leman

in Fractured

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

I’m always wondering if the tester team does that on purpose or is it just their legit gameplay.

I’m sure they do it on purpose. I mean, how else would you explain just one human in their party?

(edited by haviz.1340)

in Fractured

Posted by: zMajc.4659

zMajc.4659

Wow so much entitlement here. People are complaining like it will take them months to reach their old fractal level. Not days …

You had access to old content for as long as you had. That’s not the same content.

in Fractured

Wethospu.6437

Could you give me your estimate? How many days it will take me to reach scale 80? I can play like 2-3 hours a day.

in Fractured

lordkrall.7241

Could you give me your estimate? How many days it will take me to reach scale 80? I can play like 2-3 hours a day.

You are not supposed to reach scale 80, and hopefully they will make it impossible with this update.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Fractured

Wethospu.6437

So how many days?

in Fractured

lordkrall.7241

That is of course impossible to say since we don’t know how the new Instabilities will effect stuff, nor how the new scaling and new fractals will be.

But I would say that before next Tuesday it is likely that at least one group have cleared scale 50.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Fractured

Wethospu.6437

If you don’t know the answer why don’t you just let zMacj answer?

in Fractured

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Id say people will have 50 within 2 days max. I know my group could max it within a few days. Unfortunately I dont have that much play time.

in Fractured

lordkrall.7241

If you don’t know the answer why don’t you just let zMacj answer?

No one CAN know, since we don’t have all information yet. And we don’t have a clue how good or bad you are, so there is simply way too little information to make an estimation.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Fractured

Wethospu.6437

Apparently zMajc does! Why else he would say that I can reach my level 80 in few days?

Id say people will have 50 within 2 days max. I know my group could max it within a few days. Unfortunately I dont have that much play time.

I don’t really care about 50. Casual content. And that wasn’t my old fractal level.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

in Fractured

lordkrall.7241

Apparently zMajc does! Why else he would say that I can reach my level 80 in few days?

I don’t really care about 50. Casual content. And that wasn’t my old fractal level.

Lvl 80 is irrelevant, since you were never supposed to be on that level (and you couldn’t get to that level without either exploiting yourself or using someone else that have exploited (which in effect would make you use the exploit as well)).

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Fractured

Wethospu.6437

Are you telling me that it never was my old fractal level? At least entering with number 80 seemed to make enemies much stronger.

in Fractured

Posted by: zMajc.4659

zMajc.4659

Lvl 80 is irrelevant, since you were never supposed to be on that level (and you couldn’t get to that level without either exploiting yourself or using someone else that have exploited (which in effect would make you use the exploit as well)).

What he said. Official lvl 51 – 80 fractals do not exist, therefore you’re not loosing access to something you never should have had in the first place..

(edited by zMajc.4659)

in Fractured

lordkrall.7241

Are you telling me that it never was my old fractal level? At least entering with number 80 seemed to make enemies much stronger.

No, I am just saying that you were not supposed to be there, and thus you can’t really use that as a measurement for the new system where the limit (hopefully hard-capped) will be 50.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square