Liadri alienates a lot of gw2 players

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Video of you doing this on Ele? I would love to see it, as her grasps alone out damage all the heals I have. And if I do go condition, I cannot stack them fast enough during phase 2 to beat the timer.

A person playing their elementalist main was the first person to beat her in my guild.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

@Shakki: I’ve completed Liadri on my ele with both zerker and knights gear, and on my guardian with knights gear. You do not need a “specific gear setup” or a “specific class/build” in order to kill her. All you need is the will to keep trying.

And what if it’s a failry new Player,who don’t have 8 chars wioth differenty gear but only one and no money to modify it for example has an Ele Support healing Power build, you think this player can kill her? i think not.

That person needs to do the best with what they have.
And perhaps they give it their all and they still don’t succeed. I see no problem with that. This boss is by no means beatable for everyone.

Video of you doing this on Ele? I would love to see it, as her grasps alone out damage all the heals I have. And if I do go condition, I cannot stack them fast enough during phase 2 to beat the timer.

Now please, PLEASE quit your whining and man up. It can be done.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

You are not asking for nerfs.

You are asking for FIXES.

But will they fix any of that before the content is gone? Will get, instead maybe on or two of those things fixed for the next, time, and probably a st of different bosses and achievements, so we can’t have a go at them again after fixes?

[…]

Some people doing it means nothing. Not everyone is under the same external conditions such as system specs and connection quality.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

You are not asking for nerfs.

You are asking for FIXES.

But will they fix any of that before the content is gone? Will get, instead maybe on or two of those things fixed for the next, time, and probably a st of different bosses and achievements, so we can’t have a go at them again after fixes?

[…]

Some people doing it means nothing. Not everyone is under the same external conditions such as system specs and connection quality.

The person i was quoting was asking for videos as proof it can be done on an elementalist. I agree with the fixes though.

Btw it wasn’t meant to be completed by everybody but as you said, bugs shouldn’t
be a factor.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

All those in favour of having the difficulty reduced on this boss: (post a comment to show your support and your ideas on how to fix the issues)

From the mountain of bugs:
Obstructed cosmic rifts ( a bug which has been there since launch AC burrows I feel they should just be removed (the rift not the burrows))
Camera in circular dome ( smart idea arenanet the camera sucks as it is your just making it worst)
The targeting system ( it sucked kitten launch and it still sucks hard GW1 had a better system)
Previous bosses not despawning ((doesnt happen all the time) wasting tickets and money on repair)

Attacks
The AOE (overpowered I think the pattern should remain the same as phase 1 or either reduce the damage)

• The clones* ( same issue reduce damage)

Clearly designed for hardcore gamers. I wouldn’t mind the one-shot downs so much if it was a group event like in a dungeon but not in a 1vs1 fight, it’s just like quick scoping on CoD, just leaves a bad taste in your mouth

Arenanet need to remember not everyone is a hardcore gamer what happens to the casual games that arenanet are excluding with theses events. Not everyone wants to play a berserk practically all the guides online used a berserker build

I know a lot of people are complaining about this on the forums, and I think with good cause there are many issues that need resolving.

You’ve got this just in one. I left. kitten this, kitten so called testers who didn’t manage to tell the devs the plethora of bugs. Or kitten devs who ignored the testers telling them about the bugs.

kitten camera zooming on my ears, because when I have kittening time bombs who will one kittening shot me it makes sense that I wish to examine my ears in detail instead of, you know, something dumb like WANTING TO HAVE MY CAMERA ZOOMED BACK AS MUCH AS I CAN.

kitten double bosses. Because when a boss is hard its kittening delightful to get a second boss at the same time.

kitten one shot mechanisms. kitten them hard. If I wanted to play Dark Souls I’d be playing Dark Souls. The pirate crew was tough but once figuring out how to stun, who to kill and dodging at the right moments we can get past.

kitten orbs lolobstructed. A kittening bug that has been around since the start of the game. What the kitten are your testers doing that didn’t even see that bug?! The FIRST time I entered the arena I IMMEDIATELY noticed the obstructed message!

kitten waiting anywhere between two to six minutes between tries. Who had this brilliant idea? We can’t even see what the kitten is happening in the area since we can’t see health bars! So what’s the point? Theater? Having made an instance with a spectate mode would have assuaged that desire for spectators watching an endless stream of… slow… damaging… mesmers/elementalists… slowly… whittling…down….a…boss…. until….. the….. timer…. runs…… out…..

I took her to 5% and 2% and it kept me going at it but kitten this. I’m not breaking my keyboard over an achievement. A BADLY CODED AND BUGGED ACHIEVEMENT.

(edited by Kanto.1659)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Arenanet need to remember not everyone is a hardcore gamer what happens to the casual games that arenanet are excluding with theses events. Not everyone wants to play a berserk practically all the guides online used a berserker build

How does the content exclude casual players? Casual players can still attempt the content, and potentially complete it.

I’d call a gamer who expects to be able to complete everything, and when they can’t complete everything they call for nerfs because ‘it excludes casual gamers’, an entitled gamer, to be honest. This coming from a casual gamer.

If there’s bugs that stop things being completed, fair enough. That’s not a nerf, that’s making content work as intended. They need to be fixed.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

DONT nerf her – shes fine
and bring more from this AND make it a pre for coming legendarys and stuff

im rly anoyed by all this playerz wanna running around spamming 1 farming whatever is there and think they deserve everything

same with legendarys – just a joke in this game here and there should been always fights like this for precursor and all the other materials you need so it can truly have the status: legendary

dont nerf her – bring more – add skill to the game

thx

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Dedalus.3065

Dedalus.3065

For the love of god, do not nerf her! This boss is an example of the hard content this game desperately needs! It’s rather humorous to hear people say that legendaries are not legendary and just require farming, then we see people complain when things get challenging. A boss like this is (probably harder though) is what should be dropping precursors.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: florence.1674

florence.1674

I have never ever seen Arenanet nerf any of their events before. Why is anyone worried about a nerf to Liadri?

WvW law #1: nobody in WvW can count.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Thryfe.2576

Thryfe.2576

Arena net please don’t nerf Liadri, you guys did a kitten job with this fight and it is indeed possible for any class. All these nerf threads are just people whining because its difficult and they feel entitled to getting the Achievement.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

I was having a hard time with it… Till I noticed in the second mode (when she is active…) The patern for the falling orbs is actually counter-clock wise…

… 1
4><2
… 3

If at the start 1+3 are safe, just run from 1 to 4 and keep moving in that direction, just range her down… Just did it as a necro/condition build with no food/boosts on.

(edited by Miku.6297)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

Everything is fine just fix the bugs like mobs not despawning from previous challenge etc, liadris is fine as it is…. maybe orbs could be ranged thats it but aoe skills already kill that so… :/
Did it as a necro fairly quickly, know the pattern and learn to play your class, all classes can do it, you dont really need mobility it might make it easier but not needed at all, just use a ranged weapon imo, condi removal on 2nd phase and kite him moving in the same direction, any class can do that.
Did all but 8 orb achievement on necro went through most of it on power build, liadri on condi build and 5 gambit achievement on a MM necro.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

The dome definitely needs to go. The bad camera is unjustifiable.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

I did it on my ranger. I used shortbow/greatsword. Took me 80+ tries to get it, but I finally got it.

Yes my pet was dead the whole time.
Yes Signet of Stone does not work against the AOE.
Greatsword #4 counter does not block the AOE either.

It was the toughest fight I’ve ever done but it is possible on a ranger.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Noctes.2537

Noctes.2537

@Shakki: I’ve completed Liadri on my ele with both zerker and knights gear, and on my guardian with knights gear. You do not need a “specific gear setup” or a “specific class/build” in order to kill her. All you need is the will to keep trying.

And what if it’s a failry new Player,who don’t have 8 chars wioth differenty gear but only one and no money to modify it for example has an Ele Support healing Power build, you think this player can kill her? i think not.

That person needs to do the best with what they have.
And perhaps they give it their all and they still don’t succeed. I see no problem with that. This boss is by no means beatable for everyone.

My computer would die if I tried recording and fighting her at the same time. But here’s a screen shot tho. I did every gauntlet achievement on my ele, except for the 5gambit one (which I did on my warrior).

Attachments:

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Noctes.2537

Noctes.2537

Not everyone plays classes that have access to several evades, blocks, invulnerability, massive melee damage. So there really isn’t a fair option for some classes. Hell there is a video of a full zerk warrior just eating the shadow aoe and clone explosions as he kills Liadri in under 5 seconds flat. This challenge is broken. Period.

You probably should first learn few things about the encounter. Or pay more attention when watching that video.

I know the orbs need to be melee’d not all classes melee. Period.

Untrue. Ele’s lightning scepter2 and fire scepter3 are both capable of killing orbs from ranged distance.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Did mine as a condition warrior. Sat there and spammed rifle shots all day, knocked her back with Rifle butt if she got too close, and slowed her constantly.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Dogger.1867

Dogger.1867

I’ve done the fight, but getting Light Up The Darkness achievement is practically impossible. It’s so stupid to have temporary content achievements that are this insanely difficult. So many people will never be able to even get past phase 1 of this fight. Just because I am a hardcore gamer does not mean this fight is okay, I want my friends to have a chance. It needs a nerf bad.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

I would be willing to bet that if there was no achievement and/or minipet for beating Liadri, people wouldn’t even care about her being a tough fight.

They’d just give up and go somewhere else.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: psicologia.8312

psicologia.8312

I cant beat her, warrior or guardian… Impossible for me.

Anyway, how much time this event is going to be? There is any possibility of win the mini in the future?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zhavari.7190

Zhavari.7190

The problem with Liadri isn’t the difficulty, it’s the creativity. Once again it’s a fight that’s completely dull and devoid of imagination.

I mean, if this is what you guys think of as challenging and fun, more power to you. I don’t find it as either, and this 2 week content schedule is shaping up to be fairly bland to me.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: psicologia.8312

psicologia.8312

The problem with Liadri isn’t the difficulty, it’s the creativity. Once again it’s a fight that’s completely dull and devoid of imagination.

I mean, if this is what you guys think of as challenging and fun, more power to you. I don’t find it as either, and this 2 week content schedule is shaping up to be fairly bland to me.

Its all about showing the mini, saying you acomplished somethign unusual. For me… Is hard, probably I’m not a good player, but after two days diying… kitten it. Graphics ultra low, money, time… For nothing. Its not worth it, creativity or difficulty, just not worth it for me.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

I just want to be able to see the red circles…that is not asking for much…

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Korsbaek.9803

Korsbaek.9803

I’ve done the fight, but getting Light Up The Darkness achievement is practically impossible. It’s so stupid to have temporary content achievements that are this insanely difficult. So many people will never be able to even get past phase 1 of this fight. Just because I am a hardcore gamer does not mean this fight is okay, I want my friends to have a chance. It needs a nerf bad.

its stated to be a fight not everybody can do because it is hard and i think it fits that without the bugs ofc.
the obstrucked orbs could be intentinal tho but bosses from othere fights and stuff like that is defendly not intended

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: seandkiller.8471

seandkiller.8471

One of the problems with this are certain bugs (I’ve actually bugged into a persons Liadri attempt)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lord Erik.6903

Lord Erik.6903

I wouldn’t mind a nerf, but I still think I can beat her. I’m actually more concerned with getting the 8 orbs of light achievement.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

They didn’t fix the bugs with Adnul after people asked for the entire event, so I doubt very much that they’ll fix these bugs.

What ever dev thought it was a good idea to put the gauntlet in an area that encourages massive zerging and farming below is a genius. Pure genius! It’s great that someone who has to turn down their graphics every time a legendary spawns just to see the red-on-grey AoE circles

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Was finally able to beat her.
The only thing i will say is fix the bug where the orb is obstructed like 50% of the time….this is extremly annoyning.

Also I think the 8 orb of light is a little too over the top, my guess is only a dozen or so people have been able to accomplish that, while kudos to them, content designed for less than a tenth of a percent is just ridiculous.
With that said, I know i will be able to eventually even acquire this achievement but doing so after 100+ tries isnt exactly my idea of fun.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: seandkiller.8471

seandkiller.8471

They didn’t fix the bugs with Adnul after people asked for the entire event, so I doubt very much that they’ll fix these bugs.

What ever dev thought it was a good idea to put the gauntlet in an area that encourages massive zerging and farming below is a genius. Pure genius! It’s great that someone who has to turn down their graphics every time a legendary spawns just to see the red-on-grey AoE circles

If I remember right, didn’t they address a bug that caused him to use his special more than he should?

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

If I remember right, didn’t they address a bug that caused him to use his special more than he should?

He was riddled with them, but that was probably the worst..and they still never fixed it. They never had a dev address the bugs on the forums, so I doubt very much that any of these will be addressed, I mean, they gotta work over time on the next 2-4 week living story event where they get people in a zone, throw a bunch of mobs, point and say “farm”

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

They did fix Adnul because he was also impossible to beat without luck / hp regen bug.

+1 for nerfing her, i’ve beaten her as well and it was just lucky that i could destroy the orbs right away before they pulled me into the disaster. Most of the time you jus tget pulled, right into the AoE and dont even have a chance to react, that is simply a broken mechanic to me.

Also 8orbs for the Light the Darkness is way too much, if you’re not incredibly lucky or got nice pulls such as Engi / Guardian its just frustration and rather make people quit than enjoying the game.

Because: this has nothing to do with skill at all, its just another RNG lottery if your lucky or not, nothing to achieve here except for paying for lots of repairs

Reaper – Anguîsh

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

I have never ever seen Arenanet nerf any of their events before. Why is anyone worried about a nerf to Liadri?

They did nerf the Belcher’s Bluff guy. Adnul Irongut.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

All I wants is to make those aoe fields more visible. I really gotta squint my eyes among all the chaos to tell whether its red or not.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I cant beat her, warrior or guardian… Impossible for me.

Anyway, how much time this event is going to be? There is any possibility of win the mini in the future?

We have no official word about how much it’ll last, but based on previous events, probably a month.

About the mini returning, they said that the queen’s jubilee is meant to be a recurring event like the winterday and halloween ones, so it’ll probably return, but no idea if the mini will.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Bogy.2953

Bogy.2953

the bugs that get you an extra boss or gambit apply to every fight so yes they should be fixed

as for the dmng , nop get good or no mini and achievement for you, simple

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

I get into 2 phase but then she jumps at me and im down pretty much instantly. Also, how do you dodge the grasping from her? i strafe run circles but it still hits me. Tapping left and right doesn’t work either. if i do manage to get a bit further im usually pulled into an orb .5 before after the “shadow” AoE falls. I’m sure if i kept going i would eventually get it. But really the frustration and complete waste of the time and cash just makes it frustrating and turns people away.

The NPC’s should res. The Camera is terrible as is so you put it in a dome? Well I guess that’s my fault for making a charr .. Need to have extended FoV also so I can watch both her AND the ground instead of one or the other. And one shot attacks are cheap and terrible designs. It only means that Anet are running out of ideas for mechanics.

I’ve been a huge supporter, always bought gems and store items and enjoyed most content. But for some reason after this last update I am playing less and less. I log on and I’m bored within minutes. its zerg champ farming now. thats it. mindless 11111111111111.

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: yesfourme.8906

yesfourme.8906

imho, she is horribly hard and take a long time to understand how to beat her.
Surprisingly enough, I just beat her. I strongly advice for anyone reading this to focus on the shadowfall. That’s the biggest issue to see and avoid. More advice at wiki. Best of luck to all the noobs (alike me).

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Talk:Liadri_the_Concealing_Dark#My_notes_based_on_all_my_100.2B_failures

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I have beaten her, and I agree on some of your points.

This thread is not asking for a nerf, this is a thread asking for ArenaNet to fix to what it should have been.

However, I do not agree to nerf her one-shot ability. While it’s true we have many of them in this game, this time you can actually see (somewhat) what it is that one-shots you, and that is the shadows walking towards you, and the red circled on the ground. (which is pretty hard to see on this tiled floor.)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

I used every 80 I had and no luck beating her. Eventually I saw a vid where a PD thief did it. I had tried but failed with that early on. 6-7 encounters later I got it done and was at half health at the end. There is a learning curve here and it is massive but at the same time reducing the difficulty of the encounter undermines the achievement of those before you. I reality there is no tittle and just a mini attached to this for recognition. In the long run this is personal achievement and that’s about it. Fix the bugs but leave the difficulty alone.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: BrandonBandicoot.3968

BrandonBandicoot.3968

If I had to guess, it took me nearly 80 tries before i beat her, and I did not have fun at all.

The easiest way for Engineers to do this would be to use bombs that are completely buffed by the Explosives traits that apply to them, and when her 2nd phase starts stay close to the center of the ring so you can weave in and out of the pattern the aoe instakill attacks make, you’ll be constantly walking into the attacks that already happened with walking out of the ones setting up, so you won’t have to waste endurance dodging too much. And just never stop dropping bombs.

Doesn’t hurt to stack as much condition damage and duration you possibly can.
All in all I did not have any fun fighting this boss compared to all the others who were both challenging and fun in various ways. For everyone sake I hope the cosmic rift can get locked away never to be seen again.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

All those in favour of having the difficulty reduced on this boss: (post a comment to show your support and your ideas on how to fix the issues)

From the mountain of bugs:
-snip-

The Rifts: I actually thought those were built around being hit only by melee as being able to kill them from range would’ve just made things so much easier.. If they’re meant to be killable from range then by all means it should be fixed tho.
The Camera: Really, I’ve had absolutely no problems at all with the camera, in any of the fights.
The Targeting System: While the GW1 system is a favourite of mine, this one works just fine. What you want to do is make sure you call target on liandri and thus you can just hit “assist” to focus her.
Previous Bosses Not Despawning: Haven’t seen this one yet, but I’ve seen players end up being in a duo.. windcaller+Liandri vs a Thief + Guardian? Lets just say it wasn’t a fair fight.

In reality tho: None of these are actual arguments for reducing the difficulty, the top one is either a bug or intentional, I’m not sure which, but if it needs fixing it would definitly not be “nerfing” the fight. The next 2 are game mechanics and doesn’t actually warrant a nerf. And the last one is a nuissance, an annoying little bug that needs to be squished, again, it doesn’t quite warrant a nerf when it is an unintended difficulty you get thrown your way tho.

Attacks
The AOE (overpowered I think the pattern should remain the same as phase 1 or either reduce the damage)

• The clones* ( same issue reduce damage)

Clearly designed for hardcore gamers. I wouldn’t mind the one-shot downs so much if it was a group event like in a dungeon but not in a 1vs1 fight, it’s just like quick scoping on CoD, just leaves a bad taste in your mouth

Right, onto the attacks:
The AoE is really simple, if you can’t avoid it, you simply haven’t been paying attention and if you haven’t paid attention, you really don’t deserve that exotic minipet.

See attachment for the pattern it follows in both P1, and P2. The way itt rotates leaves you with half the room safe at all times, if you keep walking in a circle, you’ll always be as safe as you can be stuck in a dome with someone whos trying to kill you until you die.

The Clones: The concept behind them is to not get hit, getting hit by them is hard, in P1 it is all about positioning yourself, and in P2 they’re of no importance as they will all be left far behind if you keep running in aforementioned circle.

As for comparing this to quickscoping? I would rather refer to Havel The Rock from Dark Souls, he is prone to get you downed in one hit, but if you learn his moves, you’re going to take him down and when you do, there will be no sour taste.

I know a lot of people are complaining about this on the forums, and I think with good cause there are many issues that need resolving.

Right so because people haven’t been able to beat something within a couple of days, it is too hard and arenanet only caters to hardcore players? Big newsflash friend: There is 0 content in GW2 for hardcore gamers.

Now the moment we actually got a challenge, you want to have it nerfed because you’re not willing to learn the mechanics, why not just scrap the boss? Infact heres a thought: Why not make it so bosses in dungeons are “linked” to your account, so if you’ve beaten them once you get to choose wether or not you want to battle them again the next time you enter a dungeon, or if you just want to open the chest again. (And to make this brand new content challenging, lets make it so the chest can only be opened once a day.. hardcore).

Your own fault for following a guide tho, theres no need for zerker gear.

As for myself :I play maybe 10h per week in GW2, my character has been PvPing for most of its time and is still wearing a mix of masterwork and rare armorpieces, slotted with “of the pirate” + 1x “of the noble” runes, the armorpieces have (statswise) no unity at all, it is a mix of carrion/rabid/soldier stats.
Yet, I beat liandri, no foodbuffs, no boosters, but it did require me to replace 2 of my unity skills.

It was ALOT of fun by the way, loved the gauntlet, could do without the zergfest down below tho.

Don’t nerf this.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Toby.2357

Toby.2357

I am having so much stressing so much.

Attachments:

Level 80 Kudzu Ranger – SFR

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

My problem with this fight so far is several things.

1. If I use my Ranger’s GS#4 to block, and if her regular attack hits me, I COUNTER ATTACK THIN AIR instead of continually blocking like I’m supposed to.

2. The fact that the light portals you use can spawn ON THE OUTSKIRTS OF THE ARENA. This makes it impossible for you to get any of her helpers in there, and guarantees a loss.

3. Said helpers can also 1-shot you if they get close, which will happen if and when you lag.

4. The fact that her AoE attack suddenly starts hitting most of the field easily when you hit phase 2.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

(edited by RyuDragnier.9476)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Sendra.5709

Sendra.5709

+1 for Nerf
I’ve defeated her and have done all the event achievements for past events, including jumping puzzles.

While I think Liadra and her basis are a great idea, I think a few tweaks would help immensely. The first is a bug fix. The Cosmic Rifts are glitched where ranged attacks, even up close, are obstructed. If this is actually intended, perhaps a statement release about that, or simply make it range-able or remove them from phase 2 all together.

The next few are suggestions. Perhaps make the light orbs last longer and can be picked up by rolling over them, and/or making it so you can move while tossing them/targeted not AOE. Having it be targeted could perhaps help with some of the camera angle issues. Maybe even more pools of light or some-such, or other suggestions already said.
This should help those who have issues with her flawed design, and also help those going for the 8 orb achievement.

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Warzaw.2708

Warzaw.2708

My problem with this fight so far is several things.

1. If I use my Ranger’s GS#4 to block, and if her regular attack hits me, I COUNTER ATTACK THIN AIR instead of continually blocking like I’m supposed to.

2. The fact that the light portals you use can spawn ON THE OUTSKIRTS OF THE ARENA. This makes it impossible for you to get any of her helpers in there, and guarantees a loss.

3. Said helpers can also 1-shot you if they get close, which will happen if and when you lag.

4. The fact that her AoE attack suddenly starts hitting most of the field easily when you hit phase 2.

I’ve used my GS4 for blocking a few times, and it took me awhile to realize I only did the swing if I walked over the light portals. Otherwise her necro grasp and AoE would just get blocked regularly, sparing me damage/death.

BREAK YOURSELVES UPON MY BODY
FEEL THE STRENGTH OF THE EARTH
Vicodium – Ranger (IX) Coldsnap

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

That fixed that problem, thanks! Now if only she wasn’t so annoying to deal with…because I can’t DPS her down without my pet. :/

EDIT: 80 tickets used on phase 2 deaths, never seen her below 75% health…yeah, she needs a nerf bad, at least in the HP department.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

(edited by RyuDragnier.9476)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

Looks like anet wants us to be participating as blind contestants. I can’t see the red aoes properly, the camera angles are kitten useless, and all I can say is this final boss is more puts the entire gauntlet thing as unfun. Thank you anet.

(edited by LoneWolfie.1852)

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I don’t think she needs a nerf per se, but the whole encounter just needs a little bit more thought to avoid cheesy game design. Things like: not having a mesh-like floor that makes it so much harder to see the edges of the AoE rings; not having the one-shot clones spawn right on top of you; not confining the arena battles to enclosed domes that cause all manner of camera issues; not spawning legendaries below the arenas which inevitably leads to lag and sudden drops in FPS due to the zerging; not creating content that is obviously going to take many attempts to complete and expecting players to pay out sizeable amounts for armour repair and waypointing.

A few thoughtful tweaks would remove much of the frustration without eliminating the challenge. I think many players love a good challenge, but aren’t prepared to deal with much of the associated tedium involved.

Gandara

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

just get her cripple away and it would be totally fine + some more fps..

Reaper – Anguîsh

in Queen's Jubilee

Posted by: Seyu.2981

Seyu.2981

I dont know if im the only one but im looking at videos (how to beat liadri) and i keep seeing red circles on the floor. When im fighting her i cant see a circle which its kinda difficult especially in phase 2.
Anyone got same prob or a fix smth?