05/10/2013 NA Tier 2: DB/FA/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

We cleared out FA BL Hills for our friends and family on far away servers. That and it was the only WP Dragonbrand had left.

DB BL’s Bay was a real deathtrap…
(forgive the ’ its late. nitenite)

Attachments:

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mattjavelin.5164

Mattjavelin.5164

Thanks TC!!!! <3. And goodjob on your efforts to close the gap between you and DB :p

lvl 80 Engineer, Commander Berylia Berret, (BKB) Black Knight Brigade

in Match-ups

Posted by: Issues.5789

Issues.5789

Score update for my lovely Eva.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

Man, that score makes me sad I’m not home. Looks to be a nail-biter this week. T2 is still very much anyone’s tier.

Go TC! Finish strong! xD

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caliburn.1845

Caliburn.1845

Good push TC, keep it up.

The prior two weeks were pretty much already decided at this point. but you’re making this week far more exciting. I hope you can keep up this level of intensity in WvW, it makes it so much more fun to play.

Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc.
Darkhaven>Dragonbrand>Blackgate>Maguuma>Yaks Bend>Stormbluff Isle>Yaks Bend

in Match-ups

Posted by: fragmented.9854

fragmented.9854

Alright guys DB NA crew is done farming for coins so we will be back in full force tomorrow. And welcome Omen to the server. Omen plays oceanix time not sea time. So arguments invalid. O TC is full so does that mean it is a bangwagon server too? Plus DB server matter is nothing to do with other servers so please mind your own business.

Great push yesterday!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Issues.5789

Issues.5789

Good push TC, keep it up.

The prior two weeks were pretty much already decided at this point. but you’re making this week far more exciting. I hope you can keep up this level of intensity in WvW, it makes it so much more fun to play.

Not everyone plays WvW for points lol.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Big Congrats to TC on their win. Well done mate !

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

Good comeback, TC… congrats!

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: warsock.7830

warsock.7830

What win? Fuzzion why you so obsessed with dragon brand brah? Go take care of your server in game. If you spent less time crying about noodles you guys might be doing better. I Dont think anyone in tc fa or db gives two dookies about your opinion on t2. “My servers dying and I’ll cry if I want to cryyy if I want to!” Just let it go man. Also if you would like to talk to me on TS I’m down. Man talk. You need someone to save you from yourself. I’m here for you baby cakes. <3

Warsock
Leader of Reckless Bravery [rB] (Dragonbrand)
www.recklessbravery.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: warsock.7830

warsock.7830

Also on a lighter note I friggin love TC and FA our 3 servers play harder, with more heary , and love for the battle than any servers around

Warsock
Leader of Reckless Bravery [rB] (Dragonbrand)
www.recklessbravery.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Insignia.6345

Insignia.6345

Going to be a fun reset day, good thing i have off of work. Race to reset is on!

Attachments:

Asuranaut Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

What win? Fuzzion why you so obsessed with dragon brand brah? Go take care of your server in game. If you spent less time crying about noodles you guys might be doing better. I Dont think anyone in tc fa or db gives two dookies about your opinion on t2. “My servers dying and I’ll cry if I want to cryyy if I want to!” Just let it go man. Also if you would like to talk to me on TS I’m down. Man talk. You need someone to save you from yourself. I’m here for you baby cakes. <3

He won’t take you up on that, he’d rather just smart off and run his mouth like he knows something.

Good fights last night in TC BL, our small group had a ton of fun even after TC showed up in force hehe

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

(edited by Aeonblade.8709)

in Match-ups

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

Keep the updates coming for those of us stuck at the office!!!!

So great to see this match-up going down to the wire!!!

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

in Match-ups

Posted by: destoyer of lives.7963

destoyer of lives.7963

Fuzzion.2504

Big Congrats to TC on their win. Well done mate !

Fuzzionx [EMP]

Asura/ WvWvW Ele/ JQ 4eva

You should worry more about BG than posting on a thread that doesnt involve you.

[IMPS] Southern Superman
Jade Quarry God/and sometimes commander
~80 Guardian

in Match-ups

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Holy hell this is still anyone’s game.

GOO TC GOO!

All is vain.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Andy.9137

Andy.9137

GOO TC GOO!

everyone except fa

in Match-ups

Posted by: Habis.2910

Habis.2910

GOO TC GOO!

everyone except fa

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Escthiil.3210

Escthiil.3210

GOO TC GOO!

everyone except fa

Moar sexeh score updates, pl0x.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

GOO TC GOO!

everyone except fa

FA has already won the battle of sexiest server.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: kevinskyrider.3271

kevinskyrider.3271

Go for it, Zombie Coast!

Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Score update for my lovely Eva.

... Colonial’s story is SO SAD! *cry*

We need donations to fix his teeth. *holds out a cup*

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

GOO TC GOO!

everyone except fa

FA has already won the battle of ugliest server.

FTFY

xD

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

FTFY

Half the time, I flip flop with Uma Thurman. Rawr to EEK to Rawr to EEK. Just sayin’.

Not that I’m saying FA is Uma. Or TC is Daryl Hannah. DB is Lucy Liu?
Who wants to be David Carradine? Before his incident. I really thought that was how MJ was going to go out. I think I stop talking now.

Last edit: SONNY CHIBA DA BOMB YO!

(edited by WyldKat.4712)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Iconik.8712

Iconik.8712

Looks like DB is intentionally tanking this week so they don’t have to move.

Oh Hey Girl – Troll Thief Extraordinaire Tarnished Coast – www.twitch.tv/iconikk

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

GOO TC GOO!

everyone except fa

FTFY

xD

Just comes off kind of amateur…

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Match-ups

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

Why does every discrepancy in the score have to be a server wide conspiracy to manipulate glicko?

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Why does every discrepancy in the score have to be a server wide conspiracy to manipulate glicko?

Yeah, that assumption shows a general misunderstanding of how glicko works…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Iconik.8712

Iconik.8712

8k deficit made up over night?

Oh Hey Girl – Troll Thief Extraordinaire Tarnished Coast – www.twitch.tv/iconikk

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

With transfers coming in to all three T1 servers, DB isn’t moving for a very very long time.

in Match-ups

Posted by: FrankieBonez.8361

FrankieBonez.8361

It’s the new meta that only Dragonbrand knows, obviously!

In other news:
Welcome back TC!! Excellent push – Today is gonna be close one!

Overlord Sorin | Sorin Rising | Ansorin
Elephant Ambush [EA] | Dragonbrand | GW2 YouTube!

in Match-ups

Posted by: FrankieBonez.8361

FrankieBonez.8361

Dragonbrand has closed insanely worse deficits before. You haven’t participated in competitive match-ups in a long time huh? Or did you trick yourself into thinking Dragonbrand was this sort of super-monster-server and T2’s match-ups were decided already? We’re a strong T2 server just like FA and TC – 99.8% of Dragonbrand knows it – certain posters from across all 3 servers just hyped us up and you seem to have bought into it.

Read my previous post on p.13

Overlord Sorin | Sorin Rising | Ansorin
Elephant Ambush [EA] | Dragonbrand | GW2 YouTube!

(edited by FrankieBonez.8361)

in Match-ups

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

GOO TC GOO!

everyone except fa

FTFY

xD

Attachments:

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Match-ups

fragmented.9854

Dragonbrand has closed insanely worse deficits before. You haven’t participated in competitive match-ups in a long time huh? Or did you trick yourself into thinking Dragonbrand was this sort of super-monster-server and T2’s match-ups were decided already? We’re a T2 server just like FA and TC – 99.8% of Dragonbrand knows it – certain posters just hyped us up and you seem to have bought into it.

No I think dragonbrand tricked itself by challenging TC/FA to get them below 200 ppt. Yeah, we won’t forget that one.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Few hours ago in EB we have been guesting FA giving their backbottom to TC will be in history for ever ! was fun ^^
What difference in glicko point winning or losing for such small points anyway? I doubt it matters lol
What matters is that I had fun and gg TC and fellow old CD there. Not sure who will win yet but it will be very close one^^

(edited by Titan.3472)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

Dragonbrand has closed insanely worse deficits before. You haven’t participated in competitive match-ups in a long time huh? Or did you trick yourself into thinking Dragonbrand was this sort of super-monster-server and T2’s match-ups were decided already? We’re a T2 server just like FA and TC – 99.8% of Dragonbrand knows it – certain posters just hyped us up and you seem to have bought into it.

No I think dragonbrand tricked itself by challenging TC/FA to get them below 200 ppt. Yeah, we won’t forget that one.

Bulletin board material is exactly that, but I seriously doubt it’s a factor even worth mentioning in the actual score.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kreaven.3172

Kreaven.3172

I don’t care if we fall below 200 ppt. The fact is DB is putting up a great fight. FA you guys are also putting up a great fight, score does not reflect your skill enough. If you had coverage you would be a scary contender. Long story short. All 3 servers fought there touches off this week and each server should be proud of there own achievements.

Commander Ravana Mace[CERN] – 80 Ranger
~Tarnished Coast since the beginning

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

So one person says something about PPT and that suddenly encompasses hundreds of players.

Yea I reach when I feel threatened too. We are at least a competitive T2 server now from the NA transfers we got, before We would of been the spoilers, bouncing between t2 and t3. I don’t think anyone wants that.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Puddin Cheeks.8539

Puddin Cheeks.8539

And most people don’t take a forum troll’s words to speak for a whole server, or do they :S

- Puddin Cheeks [W]
- [EA] Elephant Ambush
- DragonBrand since 8/25/12

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

GOO TC GOO!

everyone except fa

FTFY

xD

Haha, I think it was just a friendly jab.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

If JQ stabilizes, it’s going to take a massive collapse of either TC or FA (and at least two weeks of demolishing them) for DB to move out.

Things tend to snowball, hopefully JQ does stabilize, but most servers do not. Too many guilds that like to be carried and bail at the first sign of hardship.

The interesting thing about JQ is that they have a large amount of smaller guilds, so a snowball effect is far less likely. During SEA they were ticking at 500+ ppt , granted that SOR and BG called it a match, but stuff like that will help them maintain their ELO. I honostly, as a keen observer of wvw, that if a server goes on to full implosion, it will be BG before JQ. Also, keep in mind that JQ is only around 25k points behind BG….. hardly a massive collapse that is required.

The way im seeing things evolve right now, is that JQ will be in tier 1 for a loooooooong time. Sorry DB, but the math is most definitely not in your favor to reach tier 1.

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

And most people don’t take a forum troll’s words to speak for a whole server, or do they :S

… never. Nope. Not us. Uh uh.

FINGER! MOON!

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Go baby go! :-D

Attachments:

in Match-ups

fragmented.9854

Guild leader/officer = forum troll?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Puddin Cheeks.8539

Puddin Cheeks.8539

… never. Nope. Not us. Uh uh.

FINGER! MOON!

Lol, love it I point back!

Attachments:

- Puddin Cheeks [W]
- [EA] Elephant Ambush
- DragonBrand since 8/25/12

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

If JQ stabilizes, it’s going to take a massive collapse of either TC or FA (and at least two weeks of demolishing them) for DB to move out.

Things tend to snowball, hopefully JQ does stabilize, but most servers do not. Too many guilds that like to be carried and bail at the first sign of hardship.

The interesting thing about JQ is that they have a large amount of smaller guilds, so a snowball effect is far less likely. During SEA they were ticking at 500+ ppt , granted that SOR and BG called it a match, but stuff like that will help them maintain their ELO. I honostly, as a keen observer of wvw, that if a server goes on to full implosion, it will be BG before JQ. Also, keep in mind that JQ is only around 25k points behind BG….. hardly a massive collapse that is required.

The way im seeing things evolve right now, is that JQ will be in tier 1 for a loooooooong time. Sorry DB, but the math is most definitely not in your favor to reach tier 1.

There’s also the fact that overall, TC and FA are -very- stable servers.

TC got a handful of transfers a couple weeks ago (and I think FA might have as well), but overall, the people who are on TC stay on TC. The same goes for FA. We both have burnout weeks, and we both come back strong every time. We have an incredible amount of “server pride” and most of us wouldn’t transfer off regardless of WvW performance or standing. We’re far more similar than we would probably like to admit. :-P

DB will just have to be careful to avoid the KN scenario. A lot of people transferred to KN with the hope that KN would end up a T1 server. When it became clear that that wasn’t going to happen…KN fell apart. I don’t think DB, as a whole, has massive aspirations for T1, but some of the recent transfers might. If they can hold on to them anyway, that’s awesome. If they can’t, they will just have to be careful that they don’t suffer as a result.

I’m by no means pronouncing doom and gloom for DB, just hoping they don’t end up the latest in a long stream of stuff we’ve all seen before.

(edited by Hickeroar.9734)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

GOO TC GOO!

everyone except fa

FTFY

xD

I liked you better on Kain. You’ve changed.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

There’s also the fact that overall, TC and FA are -very- stable servers.

TC got a handful of transfers a couple weeks ago (and I think FA might have as well), but overall, the people who are on TC stay on TC. The same goes for FA. We both have burnout weeks, and we both come back strong every time. We have an incredible amount of “server pride” and most of us wouldn’t transfer off regardless of WvW performance or standing. We’re far more similar than we would probably like to admit. :-P

DB will just have to be careful to avoid the KN scenario. A lot of people transferred to KN with the hope that KN would end up a T1 server. When it became clear that that wasn’t going to happen…KN fell apart. I don’t think DB, as a whole, has massive aspirations for T1, but some of the recent transfers might. If they can hold on to them anyway, that’s awesome. If they can’t, they will just have to be careful that they don’t suffer as a result.

I’m by no means pronouncing doom and gloom for DB, just hoping they don’t end up the latest in a long stream of stuff we’ve all seen before.

DB is more stable than that. The core of DB stays. And that core is enough for us to stay in T2 (most probably in third place). As you rightly mentioned, a lot of us don’t have major aspirations… in fact, we were pretty content with T3 as well. Anyway…

I’m loving the close finish this week. If FA gets a few more transfers, T2 will become the most exciting place to be!

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

Bulletin board material is exactly that, but I seriously doubt it’s a factor even worth mentioning in the actual score.

I’m not buying it. The forum stuff spreads like wildfire, at least on FA.. pretty much every WvW based guild has at least a couple people lurking, plus the server VoIP and zone based chats/private forums tend to mention topics from these forums often enough.

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

Lol, love it I point back!

The good news is I had trouble seeing the finger. The bad news is the shimmy shiny armor sorta blinded me, so it’s hard to see the moon too.

The forum stuff spreads like wildfire, at least on FA...

Yar. Come, taste the Toast instead. *holds up a slice and a jar of jelly*