05/10/2013 NA Tier 2: DB/FA/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nyta.4769

Nyta.4769

That said, I hope you guys get a few more numbers.

This. Even though I’m on TC, FA’s long overdue for a T2 victory, and I hope they get the transfers to pull it off. <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Someone’s obviously angry that their sense of entitlement to a free bandwagon win has been disrupted twice now by TC and FA.

10/10 would wat again

I never said TC didn’t deserve this week’s win. I never said that DB “should have” won or “deserved” to win. All I did was nominally criticize one aspect of TC’s game. If you can’t take that, it’s not my problem

You absolutely said TC didn’t deserve this week’s win when you said that TC’s win was dependent on FA’s help, willing or not. Man up and stick by what you say instead of trying to get away with this doublespeak kitten.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Someone’s obviously angry that their sense of entitlement to a free bandwagon win has been disrupted twice now by TC and FA.

10/10 would wat again

I never said TC didn’t deserve this week’s win. I never said that DB “should have” won or “deserved” to win. All I did was nominally criticize one aspect of TC’s game. If you can’t take that, it’s not my problem

You did a bit more than “nominally criticise”. You forgot the part where you said that TC wouldn’t have won without FA’s help. Nobody likes a smart-aleck!

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in Match-ups

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

The only guild I’m actively threatened is BT and AVTR when they were around. I guess I don’t wvw as often as I should, but since DB is still pretty new, I’ve yet to see individual guilds stand out atm.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

Funny to see DB get mad about getting 2nd. Hope this doesn’t hurt wagonbrand’s ego too much.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arkanfel.8403

Arkanfel.8403

10/10 would wat again

You did a bit more than “nominally criticise”. You forgot the part where you said that TC wouldn’t have won without FA’s help. Nobody likes a smart-aleck!

Right, so I’m a “smart alec” for doubting it, but it’s perfectly okay for TC to say they would have “still won” without FA’s help.

Got it.

Sarabi “the Roaring Fury” Aminata

in Match-ups

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

We pulled a monumental effort this morning, as a server, and no amount of this or that can discredit our win. It feels disingenuous to try and pin it on something else.

Your silly theorycrafting won’t change that and, frankly, it’s a little classless and disrespectful to the people who stayed up to push.

Then you both understand what it’s like, every single victory DB has had since Tier 5 has been discredited as either “Asians” or, now, “Bandwagoners”.

Congratulations to TC on the win,
I remember how good it feels to overcome a 10k point deficit in the last 48~ hours.
But you’ll find it’s a victory you’ll largely only share within your server, as everyone else is going to theorycraft away and pin it on other things until they convince themselves that your victory had nothing to do with your effort.

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

We pulled a monumental effort this morning, as a server, and no amount of this or that can discredit our win. It feels disingenuous to try and pin it on something else.

Your silly theorycrafting won’t change that and, frankly, it’s a little classless and disrespectful to the people who stayed up to push.

Then you both understand what it’s like, every single victory DB has had since Tier 5 has been discredited as either “Asians” or, now, “Bandwagoners”.

I remember how good it feels to overcome a 10k point deficit in the last 48~ hours.
But you’ll find it’s a victory you’ll largely only share within your server, as everyone else is going to theorycraft away and pin it on other things until they convince themselves that your victory had nothing to do with your effort.

You’re lovely.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in Match-ups

Usagi.4835

10/10 would wat again

Right, so I’m a “smart alec” for doubting it, but it’s perfectly okay for TC to say they would have “still won” without FA’s help.

Got it.

Because it’s true. All FA did was turn up to the party uninvited and cause some trouble by camping your spawn in EB and then taking Jerrifer’s. You know, the whole WvW meta doesn’t revolve around LLK and EB. Or were you not paying attention to TC flipping your borderland red? Get over yourself.

I’m going to be honest here; I have no problem with the original DB crew But some of you who’ve just transferred onto DB run your mouth like nobody’s business

Don’t traipse into this thread, chest-thumping and acting like you’ve been on DB since launch or have worked as hard as the native DBers have. Everything was down to them, not you.

Earn your stripes and then we’ll talk. I see you promptly shut up when we turned your victory on its head. Bite me.

(edited by Usagi.4835)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

10/10 would wat again

Got it.

First of all:

FA didn’t help TC at all.

Second of all:

TC won because they worked their arses off over the past 24 hours.

We did absolutely nothing to influence that, other than hope that they’d win to shut your braggy transfers boasting about how DB is ‘winning T2’ up.

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in Match-ups

Arkanfel.8403

All FA did was turn up to the party uninvited and cause some trouble by camping your spawn in EB and then taking Jerrifer’s.

You are almost as adorable as you are delusional.

in Match-ups

EnRohbi.2187

You’re lovely.

My sarcasm meter ticked a bit,
But it’s so hard to tell with only two words in text

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

10/10 would wat again

Got it.

Because it’s true. All FA did was turn up to the party uninvited and cause some trouble by camping your spawn in EB and then taking Jerrifer’s. You know, the whole WvW meta doesn’t revolve around LLK and EB. Or were you not paying attention to TC flipping your borderland red? Get over yourself.

Actually FA turned all of eb blue pretty much the other night. That was pretty impressive. When FA wants something, they usually get it.

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

You’re lovely.

My sarcasm meter ticked a bit,
But it’s so hard to tell with only two words in text

I was being sincere, you should know better

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sharpoon.8197

Sharpoon.8197

All FA did was turn up to the party uninvited and cause some trouble by camping your spawn in EB and then taking Jerrifer’s.

Take a nap! Get all that cranky out of your system.

in Match-ups

Arkanfel.8403

10/10 would wat again

Got it.

Actually FA turned all of eb blue pretty much the other night. That was pretty impressive. When FA wants something, they usually get it.

Yeah, I saw kitten of that! FA seems to get what they want when they want it… I just don’t think they have the population to do it consistently. Someone did a Game of Thrones breakdown of the servers a few weeks ago. My interpretation is that FA is the North: tactically adept, they win battles. But TC (Lannisters) have the numbers and the gold and their overall strategy is superior. kitten if I know who DB is though, we don’t really have an identity in this tier yet :P

EDIT: what. the. deuce. ANet, please fix this filter. My first sentence is “I saw a screenshot of that,” although “screenshot” is abbreviated. Why this is filtered I cannot begin to comprehend.

(edited by Arkanfel.8403)

in Match-ups

Usagi.4835

I am adorable, like your crocodile tears.

in Match-ups

EnRohbi.2187

I’m going to be honest here; I have no problem with the original DB crew But some of you who’ve just transferred onto DB run your mouth like nobody’s business

Don’t traipse into this thread, chest-thumping and acting like you’ve been on DB since launch or have worked as hard as the native DBers have. Everything was down to them, not you.

Earn your stripes and then we’ll talk. I see you promptly shut up when we turned your victory on its head. Bite me.

You say “you” a lot in reference to people who’ve transferred in while responding to me, so I should clarify:
I have been on DB since launch

Workin’ in WvW right alongside all the other native DBers who kept fighting after the first round of bandwagon guilds peaced out on us.

My stripes were earned while Kaineng was still a joke in tier 8.

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Usagi.4835

You say “you” a lot in reference to people who’ve transferred in while responding to me, so I should clarify:

Workin’ in WvW right alongside all the other native DBers who kept fighting after the first round of bandwagon guilds peaced out on us.

Sorry, this is like the second time I’ve done this; not YOU lol.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shrouded.6450

Shrouded.6450

Kain was a great server in T8, they were just screwed by transfers who wanted to get to T1 as quickly as possible instead of developing it’s already great community. That’s all Im gunna say about that.

Congrats TC!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jimmybass.2159

Jimmybass.2159

TC turned up the heat. When they get the urge to fight, they do so. That should be obvious by now.

Congratulations on your win TC. You deserved it.

King Kong Bundy
Blood Work [RED]
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

EnRohbi.2187

Sorry, this is like the second time I’ve done this; not YOU lol.

It is an unfortunate reality, though,
That servers that get heavy transfers get kitteny for a while.
The worst attitudes come out during these phases.

DB is not unique in this,
FA were right kittens when they absorbed IoJ.
Kaineng was one of the worst mannered opponents I’ve ever faced while they were rising to tier 2. And that says something from someone on a server that was matched against Maguuma for more weeks than I can count.
SoS spawncamped us the entire week immediately after they poached all our wvw guilds.

Of course,
Nowadays most people consider FA to be great opponents,
And from what I read, when Kaineng hit tier 2 their forum warriors shut up as well.

Kind of just have to deal with it until things settle.
I don’t think a lot of the core DBers are particularly happy about the reputation we’ve been amassing so far in tier 2. <—- I’m actually gonna make a special footnote about this; that is a completely unfounded opinion and I don’t claim to speak for anyone. I couldn’t think of another closing statement and I was bored of writing this post

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: FrankieBonez.8361

FrankieBonez.8361

10/10 would wat again

Got it.

Yeah, I saw kitten of that! FA seems to get what they want when they want it… I just don’t think they have the population to do it consistently. Someone did a Game of Thrones breakdown of the servers a few weeks ago. My interpretation is that FA is the North: tactically adept, they win battles. But TC (Lannisters) have the numbers and the gold and their overall strategy is superior. kitten if I know who DB is though, we don’t really have an identity in this tier yet :P

EDIT: what. the. deuce. ANet, please fix this filter. My first sentence is “I saw a screenshot of that,” although “screenshot” is abbreviated. Why this is filtered I cannot begin to comprehend.

We’re the Dragon crossing the Narrow Sea of course!

Building up – our full potential not yet realized.

Overlord Sorin | Sorin Rising | Ansorin
Elephant Ambush [EA] | Dragonbrand | GW2 YouTube!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Holy hell this is still anyone’s game.

GOO TC GOO!

everyone except fa

FA has already won the battle of ugliest server.

FTFY

xD

Just comes off kind of amateur…

Haha, I think it was just a friendly jab.

Somehow I expected something more witty, is all. Shrug.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Habis.2910

Habis.2910

10/10 would wat again

Got it.

We’re the Dragon crossing the Narrow Sea of course!

Building up – our full potential not yet realized.

This. And Dynarys Stormborn talking to Grey Worm about being free men is like the original DBers chatting with the newcomers – grateful for the help and telling them they can decide their own destiny =)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Moderator.9672

Moderator.9672

Hi everybody,

Due to the recent reset of the WvWvW match-ups, this thread is now closed.

Thanks for your understanding and have fun in the upcoming fights!

By the way, did you know the WvW sub forum is also ruled by a Code of Conduct? Have a look at this page before posting in other threads