05/10/2013 NA Tier 2: DB/FA/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

You mean you didn’t have DBBL queued? There were over 100 players fighting just outside of TC spawn, it was like an ocean of red. Good fights either way. I was just saying that after we had the celebratory welcome omen zerg we brought similar numbers to fight.

I think i know which fight you were referring to.

No there wasnt a queue but we were queued slightly earlier that night, and had lost maybe 30% of our number.

From my prespective, you had us outnumbered quite handily.

You had 2 distinct groups who tried to flank repeatly.

Our cmdr was drunk btw lol.

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

Welcome to DB – Omen Gaming Community! [OMEN]

all aboard the bandwagon, choo choo.

Don’t hate. Hopefully they’re an NA prime guild. DB could use more help during that timeframe. More fun fights for everyone.

Welcome to T2!

I’m not being hateful, i’m calling it what it is.

Like every server hasn’t had transfers. Our transfers just happen to be awesome and incredibly good looking.

^

Hello TC & FA, remember me, my name is January

Seriously.

Wasn’t FA “Isle of Jaspenwood” for a while? And I seem to recall TC claimed a number of CD guilds at the very least, and I imagine there were others.

In typical fashion, it’s all fine and well when someone transfers to your server. But they’re bandwagoners if they go elsewhere. And, heaven forbid they actually left your server – then they’re maggots who were never worth your time to begin with.

Having said that, I understand poking fun at those who always have to be on the winning side. But ‘to cast the first stone’ and all that.

I was also going to point out that DB’s first week in tier 3, FA received many guilds worth of transfers and completely kittened up what could have been a balanced tier 3 for like a month.
Why?
Because they wanted to move to tier 2 and not get stomped on. (It’s almost like… it’s the exact same thing we did…)

And yet here FA are being the most vocal about our transfers.

Look look! FA did the same thing we are doing that makes it right!!! Own it DB or should i say WB- its okay to do what you do but you’ll get flak. No big deal right? Own it.

What are you talking about?
Back during the whole “Isle of Jaspenwood” thing, we had a lot more courtesy regarding your transfers than you’re having about ours.

Every post coming out of FA is just “Dragonwagon this” or “Brandwagon that”,
Show some class and get over it.

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

Hah, what feels wrong about this transfer, compared to all the other ones, was that it was a stack onto an already dominant timeslot.
I didn’t mind the IOJ Oceanics going to FA, the CD SEA crew to TC, the NA groups going to DB. But when you stack onto an already dominant timeslot, it kinda hints that you want to
1. help push a server to another bracket
or
2. don’t want to be challenged and become stronger.
That being said, Omen does not field much right now, so it kinda lost itself in the sea of red DB names. You guys should of gone to FA, or even lower CD/SBI. Anyhow, welcome to T2!

They cover the Oceanic slot which DB had zero guilds. SEA =/= Oceanic. If we get more SEA guilds, I think our guys would get bored

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

Hah, what feels wrong about this transfer, compared to all the other ones, was that it was a stack onto an already dominant timeslot.
I didn’t mind the IOJ Oceanics going to FA, the CD SEA crew to TC, the NA groups going to DB. But when you stack onto an already dominant timeslot, it kinda hints that you want to
or
That being said, Omen does not field much right now, so it kinda lost itself in the sea of red DB names. You guys should of gone to FA, or even lower CD/SBI. Anyhow, welcome to T2!

They cover the Oceanic slot which DB had zero guilds. SEA =/= Oceanic. If we get more SEA guilds, I think our guys would get bored

Pft,
Everyone in North America knows there are only two timezones in the world.
American and OceaSEA.

Nothing else.

Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: ganeshori.6309

ganeshori.6309

Sweet man….Oh and Im not one of those DB/TC haters, hehe. Sure servers get transfers, blah blah blah. I just enjoy the battles, win or lose. As long as the battles are good from both sides. Who can hate that?

I dont think the thieves are any different. I think its the visual thats freakin me out. Got so used to never seeing you guys. Id either get the drop on ya and get lucky or Id run off to fight another day. Its a little more spooky when I see ya…see the crazy damage spike….see ya disappear….then back at it again. But because yer in and out so much….it makes me wanna stay and fight. Anyways…great fights, even tho I wasnt in it for long, lol. Was kinda fun being the main target….If I had time to type it….I woulda been spammin… " get the warrior….Yo!!!! the warrior, hey!!!…that guardian looks tasty!"

hehe

Sgt Rock / Necrotic Charm —- Dcon
2nd Battalion / 5th Marines – Hotel Company – Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

or

They’re not already? TC probably fields about 50 people total during much of the SEA timeslot, and by the look of it, FA is fielding less than that.

If PvDooring undefended structures down day after day isn’t already boring….I don’t know what is. DBs SEA coverage is kinda amazing.

But yes, DB’s NA/Oceanic coverage is lacking. Not gonna hurt anything to bolster yourselves there.

in Match-ups

Posted by: BAITness.1083

BAITness.1083

You mean you didn’t have DBBL queued? There were over 100 players fighting just outside of TC spawn, it was like an ocean of red. Good fights either way. I was just saying that after we had the celebratory welcome omen zerg we brought similar numbers to fight.

I think i know which fight you were referring to.

No there wasnt a queue but we were queued slightly earlier that night, and had lost maybe 30% of our number.

From my prespective, you had us outnumbered quite handily.

You had 2 distinct groups who tried to flank repeatly.

Our cmdr was drunk btw lol.

Yeah we had an omen com and an re com both running with large groups on them, we had like a 20 minute fight there. Good times.

Hyade and his flamethrower

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hadan.2841

Hadan.2841

Give it a rest about the bandwagon kitten, During NA DB is usually in third ppts(not trying to talk kitten lol). I feel its an even matchup tho i wish DBers would roam some more!!!!. SEA has always and will always be their strong slot. As a former Dber myself i can say DB had small to zero oceanic coverage. We used late night NA players to try and fend off FA’s huge RET zerg. If this gives to some better fights at tht timeslot then who cares. If you play during NA primetime then who cares what happens during the oceanic/Sea timezones. As long as we get our fights and the ppl in tht timeslot get their fights i dont understand all the nonsense drama. Can we please not have this turn into the t5 matchup thread(which is pathetic) of all the drama and fighting.

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

(edited by Moderator)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rawr.5930

Rawr.5930

Yeah we had an omen com and an re com both running with large groups on them, we had like a 20 minute fight there. Good times.

Yeah i remember that.

Hadnt seen one of those larger fights in a while, there was a time in T2 when FA KN and TC would have huge groups duking it out like that, but numbers have dropped quite a bit since the AC patch and i think general burnout.

Hope FA come back strong soon.

Meega Kweesta

in Match-ups

Posted by: Atine.8623

Atine.8623

Score Update :

Attachments:

Sanctum Of Roger “Oldroar” Rall
Cras es Noster!
My posts are strictly my own, they do not represent my server nor my guild.

in Match-ups

Posted by: holojiejie.1029

holojiejie.1029

or

I stand corrected. Bring the pain OMEN

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hadan.2841

Hadan.2841

BTW: Fight club tonight at 9pm est in FA BLs at south camp in the back near the windmill. 1v1s, 2v2s, 5v5s, w.e you want we can set up. I feel our servers will be stuck in this matchup for a while so lets try and build some friendly rivalry with eachother and just have a chill night and get some duels in, learn our classes even more and test our skills out. Keep ur egos away from here, we dont care if your guild is the best around or what not, its all about having fun and chillen with ppl and just having a good time. I will give my vent info for ppl on TC and DB if they would like to come on and talk with us to set up some fights.

Leader/Driver of Krew/MR

(edited by Hadan.2841)

in Match-ups

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

It seems DB really needed those transfers. Nice work, TC and FA

Any fellow GoT fans sees the irony here? An individual trolling about guilds switching sides while in a guild named after a mercenary band (stormcrows) known for flipping sides when faced with losing.

The irony is that we are still on JQ while so many others pussed out to Bandwagonbrand.
And yes, we got paid to stay – with bags.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

American and OceaSEA.

There are TWO? ZOMG... there’s Tampa time and what?

But ’to cast the first stone’ and all that.

My asura Zetti would reply: "Maximize efficiency, utilize a trebuchet."

Edit: By the way, I thought WvW matchup threads were, um, interesting. But then I’m seeing the posts about Crab Toss. My gods, I love you people SO. MUCH. compared to those folk with a case of crabs.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

(edited by WyldKat.4712)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

That’s copyrighted bro…..

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

American and OceaSEA.

There are TWO? ZOMG… there’s Tampa time and what?

But ‘to cast the first stone’ and all that.

My asura Zetti would reply: “Maximize efficiency, utilize a trebuchet.”

Edit: By the way, I thought WvW matchup threads were, um, interesting. But then I’m seeing the posts about Crab Toss. My gods, I love you people SO. MUCH. compared to those folk with a case of crabs.

I tried the crab toss for a while. It would have been way more fun if I’d had an arrowcart.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

That’s copyrighted bro…..

come down here and do something about it

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

TC becoming yaksbend of T2 with the night crew QQing.

I honestly don’t care. I’m happy with where TC is currently, but I don’t understand your reasoning for moving to a server that already has the most consistent coverage in Tier 2 (so you’re not making DB “more competitive”). I don’t know much about FA’s presence during the various timeslots, but surely it’d make more sense to move to FA or even a server in Tier 3 or Tier 4.

It seems JQ is in somewhat dire straits atm, so you’re basically unbalancing both tiers.

Like Eva, I’m going to insert a disclaimer so that everyone knows that my views do not reflect those of my server or my guild etc.

Noobles is in EA and has been on DB, not a transfer

I know, I meant in general. Probably my fault for not making that clear, it wasn’t directed at Noobles.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

TC becoming yaksbend of T2 with the night crew QQing.

I honestly don’t care. I’m happy with where TC is currently, but I don’t understand your reasoning for moving to a server that already has the most consistent coverage in Tier 2 (so you’re not making DB “more competitive”). I don’t know much about FA’s presence during the various timeslots, but surely it’d make more sense to move to FA or even a server in Tier 3 or Tier 4.

It seems JQ is in somewhat dire straits atm, so you’re basically unbalancing both tiers.

Like Eva, I’m going to insert a disclaimer so that everyone knows that my views do not reflect those of my server or my guild etc.

Noobles is in EA and has been on DB, not a transfer

I know, I meant in general. Probably my fault for not making that clear, it wasn’t directed at Noobles.

Cool thanks for the clear up, I might have misunderstood who you were referring too.

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

100 man zergs are really mesmer clones and necro pets.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in Match-ups

Usagi.4835

Cool thanks for the clear up, I might have misunderstood who you were referring too.

Nope, it’s totally fine. In hindsight, I can see why you’d think I’d made that mistake lol. All good.

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Especially considering you can’t actually get 100 players from a single server on a map…

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

Especially considering you can’t actually get 100 players from a single server on a map…

I wonder if DB has told their new transfers about how stubborn TC is yet?

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

I wonder if DB has told their new transfers about how stubborn TC is yet?

No

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: FrankieBonez.8361

FrankieBonez.8361

Back during the whole “Isle of Jaspenwood” thing, we had a lot more courtesy regarding your transfers than you’re having about ours.

I’ve decided that Asudementio wanted an easy stomp (like he had when FA was in T3 – even after their IoJ transfers) . He (notice i said he, and not the whole FA) didn’t get the easy win and is bitter about it.

I’ve never seen anyone complain so much about an abundance of targets on the field and a decently competitive tier.

Overlord Sorin | Sorin Rising | Ansorin
Elephant Ambush [EA] | Dragonbrand | GW2 YouTube!

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

I’ve decided that Asudementio wanted an easy stomp (like he had when FA was in T3 – even after their IoJ transfers) . He (notice i said he, and not the whole FA) didn’t get the easy win and is bitter about it.

I’ve never seen anyone complain so much about an abundance of targets on the field and a decently competitive tier.

Sadly I think he’s one of ours Just ignore him. Or take a look at his posting history.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

I think the comments are more about those transferring, recently transferred, then DB itself. In many ways they are separate entities.

~ AoN ~

in Match-ups

Posted by: FrankieBonez.8361

FrankieBonez.8361

Sadly I think he’s one of ours Just ignore him. Or take a look at his posting history.

Already have, just making it known to others

On that note, my goodness TC!! – i thought you guys would be vacationing in Southsun Cove for a lot longer – didn’t like the new resort or something? Great fights the last few days, score is tightening up.

Overlord Sorin | Sorin Rising | Ansorin
Elephant Ambush [EA] | Dragonbrand | GW2 YouTube!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zoja.2631

Zoja.2631

Score and Map Update!

Attachments:

Zona Eshe
Too Drunk To PvP[LUSH]
Standing United[STUN]-TC

in Match-ups

Usagi.4835

You know very well that I left FA because I didn’t get along with the community.

But hey, spin your kitten anyway you need.

So why can’t other guilds come to DB if they didn’t get along with their original servers’ community?

Because Mif isn’t a guild, but it is rumoured that he has cake. Mif cake.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asbrandr.6324

Asbrandr.6324

Ok. Hope you have fun losing another week in Tier 2

Dont forget to thank NNK, TFV and AT.

That’s where your ppt comes from.

Actually NA is kicking tail too. We just spent the past few days farming gold to help transfers instead of doing WvW. To the person saying we have too many numbers… together we were able to queue up that map you guys were already queued up on : )

OK.. you guys are awesome etc etc. You guys got more guilds etc etc, none of my business, nothing new for us SEA Toasties, but I’m just curious about this 2nd or 3rd post from you guys saying that the other server has a map queue. Pls enlighten how YOU are sure that the other side has the same map queued? Or did you mean something entirely different?

When we see a group of 100+ players in one spot on the map, we assume it is a full queue. I take it by the posts around here that the assumption is quite accurate.

100+ … assume… assumption… accurate…

Oooookay!

I can respond to this, as I was part of that TC zerg. We were called in as reinforcement from FABL to defend Hills, like we had been doing periodically throughout the night. The fact that we were able to get all those players in means that the DBBL was woefully understaffed at that time. In fact, we switched between all three BLs multiple times last night; we only hit a queue the first time we did so around 11:00PM EDT, after that we were able to transfer the entire group without queues.

Around the time our group left FABL for an extended amount of time was when DB and FA started splitting FABL between themselves; it had previously been completely owned by us.

Zevkk | 80 Necromancer | Vyhrr Sootshroud | 80 Thief
Cyrus Quintillus | 80 Mesmer | Asbrandr Godrikson | 80 Warrior
Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Good fights last night in TCBL/FABL. We were a little outgunned most the night but I think we did great with what we had. I did enjoy charging into all the uplevels and laying waste to them before eating the dirt

Keep the good fights coming!

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

You know very well that I left FA because I didn’t get along with the community.

So why can’t other guilds come to DB if they didn’t get along with their original servers’ community?

And he’s pretty awesome <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

And he’s pretty awesome <3

/gives cookie bribe as discussed

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Because Mif isn’t a guild…

Rambo wasn’t a guild either, but he sure owned a Borderland or two back in the day.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Asudementio.8526

I don’t want an easy stomp but don’t let me persuade you otherwise. What i want is a competitive tier with well-mannered opponents, but i gave up on that long ago when i first saw how DB decided to portray themselves. No one i playwith enjoys easy fights, but we enjoy condescending kitteny opponents even less.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

(edited by Asudementio.8526)

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Because Mif isn’t a guild…

Rambo wasn’t a guild either, but he sure owned a Borderland or two back in the day.

Imagine what he could accomplish in a PiNK naked zerg!

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

I don’t want an easy stomp but don’t let me persuade you otherwise. What i want is a competitive tier with well-mannered opponents, but i gave up on that long ago when i first saw how DB decided to portray themselves. No one i playwith enjoys easy fights, but we enjoy condescending kitteny opponents even less.

Some TC bashed DB before we got into T2, so what is that portraying? Yea let’s generalize an entire server because of what some individuals said or did.

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: GabGar.4962

GabGar.4962

Some TC bashed DB before we got into T2, so what is that portraying? Yea let’s generalize an entire server because of what some individuals said or did.

Seriously Adela you hug TC too much, it is becoming suspicious…

in Match-ups

Posted by: EdotMP.1835

EdotMP.1835

Actually NA is kicking tail too. We just spent the past few days farming gold to help transfers instead of doing WvW. To the person saying we have too many numbers… together we were able to queue up that map you guys were already queued up on : )

Again with this. I’m really quite curious. How on earth do you know we have queues?

They have a few spies on the server, as does FA. Quite obvious too.

The FA spy really likes to complain and spam Team chat a lot in EB.

Tarnished Coast – [TSF]
Unofficial Fruity Ezio

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

Again with this. I’m really quite curious. How on earth do you know we have queues?

They have a few spies on the server, as does FA. Quite obvious too.

The FA spy really likes to complain and spam Team chat a lot in EB.

Oh I have my list of five or so that when I see them log on, I make it kind of a game to find them and then follow them around

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

Am I being called a TC spy or because I generally try to be nice, I have become suspicious? Or am I being trolled by a server mate?

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: Efface.8460

Efface.8460

(Ejiofor is my hero)

in Match-ups

Posted by: GabGar.4962

GabGar.4962

Am I being called a TC spy or because I generally try to be nice, I have become suspicious? Or am I being trolled by a server mate?

None of the above, but is very irritating see a DB commander defending TC in that way, like they cant self defend, thats all.

in Match-ups

Asudementio.8526

(Ejiofor is my hero)

That was funny i recommend everyone check that out if they haven’t seen it before.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

in Match-ups

Posted by: EdotMP.1835

EdotMP.1835

You’re not even on my list lol, these are people that make it obvious they are dual accounting and letting others on their server know where our guys are or what maps have presence. They also like to talk a mad amount of smack in Team or Map.

Tarnished Coast – [TSF]
Unofficial Fruity Ezio

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

Think you’re being trolled, because you’re lovely.

in Match-ups

Posted by: nomdeplums.5780

nomdeplums.5780

FA’s huge RET zerg.

RET has a zerg? Did I miss something or are we multiplying before my very eyes?

Oh, and kudos to the ONI elementalist who I dueled with on the roof of the camp entrance in DB BL The interruptions (and my clumsiness) prevented us from reaching a proper conclusion, but you probably would have won on normal terrain.

(edited by nomdeplums.5780)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vash.9183

Vash.9183

I’m glad to see Tarnished Coast pushing hard whenever they can. It’s good to see such spirit from a server- you guys did the same thing when Blackgate dropped down the other month.

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

in Match-ups

Posted by: nibbles.2408

nibbles.2408

Maybe I’m blind but I’m pretty sure that the “Wagonbrand” stuff is coming in equal measures from both TC and FA members. Dunno why FA is being singled out?

Regardless, must it be repeated that servers are not a collective hive mind? I’m from FA and I could care less about DB transfers. So why can’t that be the opinion that is plastered on the “this is what FA thinks” board instead of only negative ones?

FA’s huge RET zerg.

RET has a zerg? Did I miss something or are we multiplying before my very eyes?

I believe he was referring to back in our T3 days before RET split into the new RET and VK.

Wechlas [Echo]
Charr Ranger
Fort Aspenwood (www.fort-aspenwood.com)