05/10/2013 NA Tier 2: DB/FA/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Two things

1) If you guys are still discussing how that AC was hitting behind the gates at south hills… an AC below where you build a treb to hit lake tower can hit there behind south hills gate. Pretty standard tactic in tier 1 to clear out siege at south hills.

2) DB please please take this time to point out and educate some of your guys coming into the Tier 1 thread about how DB will come storming in, on how the rating system works.

Yeah, this dude knows what’s up. Even if we tick 300+ for most of the day (which is probably unlikely from here on out) we’ll still be in T2 for a few more weeks at least. 50+k wins It’s actually probably more likely at this point that a T1 server (dare I say, might it actually be JQ?) will drop down than it is DB will advance. If that happens, we’ll get eaten alive. The only way we’d have a chance in T1 right now is to improve our team builds, TS usage, and to become more diligent about following commanders in battle. A zerg who sends 5+ to burst down individual stragglers will soon find itself back at spawn.

Maintaining +50k isn’t a guarantee of moving up. The way the glicko system works is that you are, in some respects, fighting against your past selves. If you win two weeks by +50k, and you win the next week by +40k, chances are your glicko rating is going to DROP, not RISE that week.

Maintaining a +50k average will probably not end up pushing you up a tier, unless a server in the tier above does badly, consistently. At a +50k average, and with a stable tier above, you will just hit a sort-of equilibrium in the tier you’re in where your +50k wins aren’t actually increasing your rating.

Glicko is more complex than it seems from the initial glance. Moving up a tier pretty much requires a server to lay waste to the tier they’re in for two weeks, and often times that won’t even be enough if the tier above them is evenly matched and consistent. This was the case for a long time in T8/T7.

More folks need to read your comment cause you nailed it. I can assure you that T1 is extremly competitive right now 24/7 on all 3 servers. SoR population has really grown and BG population is slightly higher than JQ.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: WRod.3856

WRod.3856

this is the type of night we having.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

3) it’s really cute that you all wish DB would implode

I think most people are just curious where CO will transfer too next, they have no ill feelings towards DB itself.

This quote has nothing to do with CO this is in reply to someone from SoR

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: Omega.9601

Omega.9601

Score update from the upleveled mesmers team

Attachments:

Fort Aspenwood
Ectoplasm Ltd [GLOB] – Elementalist

in Match-ups

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

3) it’s really cute that you all wish DB would implode

I think most people are just curious where CO will transfer too next, they have no ill feelings towards DB itself.

This quote has nothing to do with CO this is in reply to someone from SoR

How does that change anything?

~ AoN ~

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

I shouldn’t have to explain this but the quote is in reference to T1 servers saying the hope DB implodes…. Where CO comes into the picture or where they transfer to really have nothing to do with that quote.

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Thank you guys for an eventful and busy night on TCBL tonight! Didn’t have to go far to find a fight and it was never-ending all night long.

That said, I really need to stop doing these 14 hour shifts, haha.

Good night everyone, may your loot bags find you a precursor!

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in Match-ups

Posted by: danni.1824

danni.1824

Hey DB, here’s a tip:

When you push into a point, you take it, and not run out.

Like this.

Happy travels.

Attachments:

Commander Diae Fair
x . x . x
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

Thank you guys for an eventful and busy night on TCBL tonight! Didn’t have to go far to find a fight and it was never-ending all night long.

TY for the cookie, it was yummy

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

You’re most welcome hon Did you bounce around?

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

HAHA I did, I was kinda of confused at 1st

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

I use those when I’m building siege .. always makes people laugh to see me bounce by holding a siege blueprint and hammering

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

I use those when I’m building siege .. always makes people laugh to see me bounce by holding a siege blueprint and hammering

Lol that would be a really funny idea…. Get a screenshot next time, be funny

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

I was amusing Ronin (Jadin) with it one day

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

I was amusing Ronin (Jadin) with it one day

Lol that has just made my night!

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

Had some fun tonight with CO and AGG on FA BL!

Great fights all around!

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Match-ups

danni.1824

GJ on FA BL tonight, TC

Attachments:

Commander Diae Fair
x . x . x
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Saruon.4085

Saruon.4085

Thanks ZN and DIS for the fights on FA BL tonight

[Aggression] -Relentless by Nature-
We <3 Haters
The Prophet of Aggression

in Match-ups

danni.1824

Thanks ZN and DIS for the fights on FA BL tonight

Attachments:

Commander Diae Fair
x . x . x
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: ajm.2931

ajm.2931

TCBL was loads of fun tonight. FA’s Bait Golem was sooo tempting… it’s like right there… just a few more… oops dead too far.

Wanted to shout out to our commander tonight, Garbon was doing a fantastic time of wiping the militia into shape. Explaining combo fields, ticking siege, claimer buff, etc.

Obic – Tarnished Coast
Yak Cultist and follower of the Great Golem God

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lenador.1436

Lenador.1436

T.T love the double team in ebg, i really do. TC dont let fa take all ur hard work in flipping our towers. Bring the pain

Cön-Guardian DB
[Con] Supreme Team of Con

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shadow Gathering.5649

Shadow Gathering.5649

Seems like the TC server we faced just a few weeks ago is returning. TC took a break the same time DB came into T2 and I started to wonder if DB was ever going to see the powerful numbers TC can bring.

Some of us on FA have been a little surprised that DB beat TC the last couple weeks, and a little dumbfounded that we beat TC too. I still think TC has the highest PPT potential of all three servers and could take green if it decides to.

Rockrain
FA

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

I like us better us better when we are red.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Had an absolute blast on FABL tonight. Lots of small group skirmishes. Lots of wins, lots of losses, lots of fun. One of the more fun WvW nights in a while.

in Match-ups

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

That’s a nice song!

I like us better us better when we are red
I like us better us better when we have our enemies dead
I like us better us better that’s what she said
I like us better us better this song is stuck in my head

:P

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

I do too. I think TC has a great “scrappy underdog” mentality. We get excited when we’re up against the wall.

“On desperate ground, fight.” – Sun Tzu

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lauren.3061

Lauren.3061

Headed to sleep after logging at least 12 hours in WvW today O_O Huge thanks to Commander Garban Yahoo who managed TCBL for at least that long, and longer I think today – patiently guiding our militia and teaching everyone. Very proud of the Toast <3

Also props to FA – you guys have got some very nasty 4-5 man camp flipping teams that I swear we threw 10-12 bodies at trying to wipe in various camps – and they held on, and on… and on! O_O

Cheers to FA and DB both for some fun fights and moments – really enjoying our matchups! Best of luck!

~Arabella

in Match-ups

Posted by: Im Not So Nice.2360

Im Not So Nice.2360

Nice attempt at OL in EB, FA. I guess this new guy didn’t know how to fire an AC at a gate. Or how to call out when there’s a 30+ man zerg when it’s right in front of him, ramming down a gate. It’s okay, we’ll teach him.

You guys sure did pick the perfect gate to hit, though. I wish I had that kind of foresight.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Professor Sensei.2941

Professor Sensei.2941

Nice attempt at OL in EB, FA. I guess this new guy didn’t know how to fire an AC at a gate. Or how to call out when there’s a 30+ man zerg when it’s right in front of him, ramming down a gate. It’s okay, we’ll teach him.

You guys sure did pick the perfect gate to hit, though. I wish I had that kind of foresight.

Actually saw that fight happening. Was kinda rooting for it to end. Skill lag out the pooper.

Professor Sensei – Thief
Everything Purple

in Match-ups

Posted by: OutspokenAardvark.9781

OutspokenAardvark.9781

Score + Map update

Attachments:

Rhyme – Commander
[DIS] Dissentient – http://dissentient.org
[TC] Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

Also props to FA – you guys have got some very nasty 4-5 man camp flipping teams that I swear we threw 10-12 bodies at trying to wipe in various camps – and they held on, and on… and on! O_O

Cheers to FA and DB both for some fun fights and moments – really enjoying our matchups! Best of luck!

If you are talking about a certain fight at north camp, we had that must have lasted something like 30 minutes as our two camp flipping teams ended up joining up there and deciding to stay and fight, yes that was most enjoyable. Was especially enjoyable when one of our guardians just stayed around and came back to rez our group.

As usual good fights today, though minor qualm about TC hugging Lake (which they owned)tower on TCBL when they outnumbered us greatly but no matter it is a legit tactic I suppose.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

Seems like the TC server we faced just a few weeks ago is returning. TC took a break the same time DB came into T2 and I started to wonder if DB was ever going to see the powerful numbers TC can bring.

Some of us on FA have been a little surprised that DB beat TC the last couple weeks, and a little dumbfounded that we beat TC too. I still think TC has the highest PPT potential of all three servers and could take green if it decides to.

it might be close, but i dunno. my gut still tells me that DB holds the advantage over us. their oceanic and SEA presence is brutal. i mean, if they were just a PvDoor mob, it wouldn’t be so bad, but they’re not. NNK is an pretty well disciplined and organized group. they absolutely embarrassed me one day by picking apart a tower i did the write up on for our server, by using the attack methods i spelled out in the gigantic arrowcarts uber thread. the irony was literally overwhelming. and they pulled it off beautifully. i was just in awed shock the whole time.

so DB will usually be holding the PPT lead during those hours, meaning TC would have to dominate NA primetime to be able to catch up. i mean, eventually TC could pass DB up, but that would be quite a while down the line.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lenador.1436

Lenador.1436

fun time in eb thief gank sqaud T.T semi failed but it got us two ninja towers ;so much work contesting keeps something im way to lazy for

Cön-Guardian DB
[Con] Supreme Team of Con

in Match-ups

Posted by: GabGar.4962

GabGar.4962

I just want to ask if this kind of behaviour should be tolerated/allowed by Anet, guilds, servers and players.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

I just want to ask if this kind of behaviour should be tolerated/allowed by Anet, guilds, servers and players.

TC used to do it to FA too lol. Just take it as a compliment that you were worth the effort.. not worth giving any attention to really and I doubt ANet does anything about it

in Match-ups

Posted by: Atine.8623

Atine.8623

Score update with 15 chars.

Attachments:

Sanctum Of Roger “Oldroar” Rall
Cras es Noster!
My posts are strictly my own, they do not represent my server nor my guild.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aytrix.4059

Aytrix.4059

That’s odd… we usually don’t see that classy behavior from TC until they are in first place.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

TCU and MoM send her regards <3

A nice decor no?

Attachments:

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

in Match-ups

GabGar.4962

A nice decor no?

Perhaps will be nicer if you can hold it for more than 10 min

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Eh, people do it on all the servers. I know FA’s done it a time or two, lol

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sharpoon.8197

Sharpoon.8197

I think I remember one of FA’s guilds ran under the name “Cant Spell Fail Without [FA]” or something along those lines. Cracked me up, it did

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

I think I remember one of FA’s guilds ran under the name “Cant Spell Fail Without [FA]” or something along those lines. Cracked me up, it did

LOL yeah. There’s all kinds of silly ones. People with a sense of humour appreciate it. Stick in the muds… well, don’t.

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in Match-ups

Posted by: I Deschain I.4623

I Deschain I.4623

Are you mad?

3rd player NA to reach Diamond Invader (WvW Rank 6445+) on 10/29/14.
Retired.

in Match-ups

GabGar.4962

Are you mad?

Nope.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

I shouldn’t have to explain this but the quote is in reference to T1 servers saying the hope DB implodes…. Where CO comes into the picture or where they transfer to really have nothing to do with that quote.

What makes you assume that the curiosity is tier based?

~ AoN ~

in Match-ups

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

A nice decor no?

Perhaps will be nicer if you can hold it for more than 10 min

oh no you didn’t! zigzag snap snap snap

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Match-ups

Gellor.6497

Morning Score Update..

Attachments:

www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

Congratz to FA turning most of EB blue last night. That was a heck of a push. Wasn’t on EB, but saw the map, lol, was pretty impressive!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Issues.5789

Issues.5789

okay guys i agree

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

TC used to do it to FA too lol. Just take it as a compliment that you were worth the effort.. not worth giving any attention to really and I doubt ANet does anything about it

I think there was a phase when we first hit T2 this time when FA had troll-named alternatives for all the major TC WvW guilds. Some people are legitimate trolls (the “Your server is trash” one is classless), but mostly it’s just a fun jab at the enemy.

I know we had a [HOGS] guild for a while in response to…..certain events. :-P