Posted by: Efface.8460

Efface.8460

TC sounds soo maddog mad….I think they thought they won last week….lol

(edited by Moderator)

05/17/2013 NA Tier 2: DB/TC/FA

in Match-ups

Posted by: Taras.4367

Taras.4367

The reason i love being on TC is because we crush peoples dreams. Kaineng fell few weeks ago and now its your turn to fall.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Relax just relaying the vibe hence the quotes over destroying. The context being TC got quite a lot of flak over our transfers which ol’boy seemed to miss.

Yeah, I’m kind of thinking of deleting it. I’m not even mad lol. I find all of this funny. Lani gets me the most though. If I check her posting history, will every post be something about TC trying to recruit her? Like this is news to anyone because, guys, TC TRIED TO RECRUIT MY GRANDMA!!!

The reason i love being on TC is because we crush peoples dreams. Kaineng fell few weeks ago and now its your turn to fall.

No, that’s FA. Here on TC, we make your dreams come true.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

(edited by Usagi.4835)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Well if you look closely, I wasn’t actually talking to you at first. I was responding to a post that implied DB deserved no respect because the server was “bankrolling” its guilds. That’s not exactly what is going on, no one is actually being paid to come here.

‘Getting more people’ is never going to be a strategy folks will respect. Doesn’t matter if you are paying them or not and any success a server has after getting a bunch of transfers is tainted.

I don’t understand that philosophy.

If a server receives an influx of players, which puts them on par with the servers above them, why is that a bad thing?

If a sports team lands the high-price, big name free agent, are they then “tainted” because they didn’t do it with less talent?

If the game is about coverage, and someone decides to address that issue, why are they badmouthed for trying?

In my view every time you get lots of transfers you end up robbing a server of its sense of achievement, its ability to measure growth and progression for a period of time. DB got to T2 on its own muscle, but because of transfers it never got to see how that version of the server stacked up in T2, to test how much they had improved since the last time they played FA and TC.

Your team analogy in my opinion misses the mark because you are not recruiting talent, you are recruiting coverage. If that same team started playing with an extra player on the field, how much respect would they get?

The overall sense of accomplishment in this game, the value of PPT, is always going to be diminished as long as it continues to be about getting more instead of getting better. We are fighting over points that are more impacted by coverage then strategy, how is that rewarding?

~ AoN ~

in Match-ups

Efface.8460

please don’t delete this post….diamond dawg quoting material right here

in Match-ups

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Wow, you guys don’t have anything better to talk about than server transfers? Who cares? Every server gets band-wagoned at some point, including all 3 in tier 2.

As for TC, the reason we came back at the end of last week and started strong this week is the return of our top 2 commanders.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

Well if you look closely, I wasn’t actually talking to you at first. I was responding to a post that implied DB deserved no respect because the server was “bankrolling” its guilds. That’s not exactly what is going on, no one is actually being paid to come here.

‘Getting more people’ is never going to be a strategy folks will respect. Doesn’t matter if you are paying them or not and any success a server has after getting a bunch of transfers is tainted.

If a server receives an influx of players, which puts them on par with the servers above them, why is that a bad thing?

If a sports team lands the high-price, big name free agent, are they then “tainted” because they didn’t do it with less talent?

If the game is about coverage, and someone decides to address that issue, why are they badmouthed for trying?

In my view every time you get lots of transfers you end up robbing a server of its sense of achievement, its ability to measure growth and progression for a period of time. DB got to T2 on its own muscle, but because of transfers it never got to see how that version of the server stacked up in T2, to test how much they had improved since the last time they played FA and TC.

Your team analogy in my opinion misses the mark because you are not recruiting talent, you are recruiting coverage. If that same team started playing with an extra player on the field, how much respect would they get?

The overall sense of accomplishment in this game, the value of PPT, is always going to be diminished as long as it continues to be about getting more instead of getting better. We are fighting over points that are more impacted by coverage then strategy, how is that rewarding?

I use the team analogy, because as you pointed out, coverage = talent in this system.

It’s not my ideal scenario, but that’s what it is.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I owe Holy Pickle a cookie.

Just sayin’.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in Match-ups

Posted by: ganeshori.6309

ganeshori.6309

I dunno….dont think TC has crushed our, (FA’s) dreams. Actually, I dont think we have any “dreams”. We pretty much like to kill people and break stuff…and we seem to be doing fairly ok at it.

But seriously guys…..can we just chill on the “he said, she said” stuff. Doesnt matter who gets who to join a server or such….as long as you have someone to kill and something to break,….its all gravy.

And I love gravy.

Sgt Rock / Necrotic Charm —- Dcon
2nd Battalion / 5th Marines – Hotel Company – Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: sparklevision.8109

sparklevision.8109

Motor boat, tea float

Furnished Host | Angels of Eternal Destiny
On hiatus from GW2 since mid-July 2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Now back to the rainbows and butterflies

Seriously, I got stuck doing work at work, um pretend I didn’t say that quite like that, all day and come back and I go through FOUR pages of catch up that I mentally summed up with:

"Drama yada llama..." and "Ooo, cookies and ice cream" and "Weird rhymey thing."

FINGER! MOON!

We need a new game with a new word. Someone makes a troll post, first one to slap ’em with the word wins and saves the rest of us the effort of paying that much attention.

I propose "NARF".

Attachments:

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Andy.9137

Andy.9137

Just sayin’.

Would make me feel better. I just died twice due to point blank spread shot from a ballista.

I actually don’t know why I went straight back to standing in front of the ballista like it would be different from last time.

(edited by Andy.9137)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

So much anger!! Looking forward to fighting our new opponents!

One question: do you guys turtle or do you actually come out and play?

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

(edited by Evalana.5480)

in Match-ups

Posted by: RoninDB.9540

RoninDB.9540

I dunno….dont think TC has crushed our, (FA’s) dreams. Actually, I dont think we have any “dreams”. We pretty much like to kill people and break stuff…and we seem to be doing fairly ok at it.

But seriously guys…..can we just chill on the “he said, she said” stuff. Doesnt matter who gets who to join a server or such….as long as you have someone to kill and something to break,….its all gravy.

And I love gravy.

I have a new boy crush! Watch out Blackgate!

Zero Negative [ZN]
Public Relations/Inter-Guild Relations Officer
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

And I love gravy.

This. Just simmer down. Yes, DB is getting transfers. Yes, FA has in the past. Yes, TC has in the RECENT past. WHO CARES? It happens.

Good for DB. They’ve built a good looking server that guilds are choosing to flock to. Good on ‘em. If they go T1, it’s a job well done on all fronts. If they don’t…we have stiff competition here in T2 which we all love. Without that, it gets boring.

As much as we all jab at each other, I’ve got respect for the skill and dedication I see coming out of both DB and FA. They’re both great servers, and T2 is a wonderful tier to be in.

Even though TC and FA have a long-standing rivalry, one wonderful thing about both of our servers is that we NEVER quit, and we take our defeats as more of a reason to get back up and kick tail. /respect

in Match-ups

Posted by: Drakh.3128

Drakh.3128

The overall sense of accomplishment in this game, the value of PPT

If you really think that, you’re doing it wrong. PPT is ~90% population\coverage and has nothing to do with how well anyone actually plays. Stressing over the things you cannot control (population\coverage) is what leads to servers falling apart.

- Drakh (BT)
- Blackgate

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

If you really think that, you’re doing it wrong. PPT is ~90% population\coverage and has nothing to do with how well anyone actually plays. Stressing over the things you cannot control (population\coverage) is what leads to servers falling apart.

Anyone who has faced BT in open field combat should agree with this. Same goes for Agg.

They’re tough as nails, and very skilled. PPT may not always reflect that.

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

Just sayin’.

Would make me feel better. I just died twice due to point blank spread shot from a ballista.

I actually don’t know why I went straight back to standing in front of the ballista like it would be different from last time.

But .. but .. you’re unkillable! ><

What the heck?

Cookies incoming.

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Just sayin’.

But .. but .. you’re unkillable! ><

What the heck?

Cookies incoming.

I generally put down plates of mango pie. Is pie almost as good as cookies?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gellor.6497

Gellor.6497

Anyone who has faced BT in open field combat should agree with this. Same goes for Agg.

They’re tough as nails, and very skilled. PPT may not always reflect that.

I love BT and hate BT at the same time. Usually Hate cause I’m dead <3 Ev

Bodacious Gellor/Adela Grace/Cherry Poptartz [rB]
www.recklessbravery.com
DB since Headstart

in Match-ups

Efface.8460

Do yall ever break shells, or do you only fight in your comfort zone?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

‘Break shells’?

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

‘Break shells’?

I think he’s referring to breaking into a “turtled” structure. /shrug

in Match-ups

Efface.8460

‘Break shells’?

nvm…jeez

in Match-ups

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

I’m not claiming higher ground. We took a lot of flak and nastiness for trying to recruit in our weak timezones; expect the same.

From last week’s thread:

Look look! FA did the same thing we are doing that makes it right!!! Own it DB or should i say WB- its okay to do what you do but you’ll get flak. No big deal right? Own it.

It’s only okay to mimic bad behavior if you do it, but everyone else is held to a higher standard?

Not at all. Each server has gotten kitten at one time or another for recruiting- it is your turn right now deal with it.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

(edited by Asudementio.8526)

in Match-ups

Posted by: I Deschain I.4623

I Deschain I.4623

So many DB in their own BL. I think they didn’t appreciate our appearance in their beach party in Bay.

3rd player NA to reach Diamond Invader (WvW Rank 6445+) on 10/29/14.
Retired.

in Match-ups

Niim.9260

I use the team analogy, because as you pointed out, coverage = talent in this system.

It’s not my ideal scenario, but that’s what it is.

It is entirely feasible for a server to increase talent, by getting better, and progress up the ranks without increasing their coverage. While they both may achieve the same goal they are not equal because one has much higher intrinsic value, ie respect, then the other.

~ AoN ~

in Match-ups

Niim.9260

Who said I stressed over it? I have won a single match in maybe 7 or more months, specifically and by choice. I long since gave up playing for PPT for the above noted reason. I would however like to play for PPT if it meant something and thus my post.

~ AoN ~

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

For my part (and I think most of my guild agrees) I don’t really think DB is going to Tier 1 with her current coverage formula. Even if she did, it would probably take the better part of a month anyway. TC is a stronger server than a lot of people in DB have faced yet, and I don’t think that was fully realized after our first match in T2. TC makes a great gatekeeper to Tier 1.

This post makes me proud to be on TC – thanks for saying this. Wanted to also point out that FA does a heckuva good job in T2 as well. I wouldn’t say any single server is a T1 gatekeeper; each server in T2 kicks butt. T2’s current matchup is awesome, competitive, and fun, and any time you’re in a tier where any of the three servers can win (and have won!) the week… Well, I think we should all consider ourselves pretty lucky.

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zoja.2631

Zoja.2631

Another update for our still at work players :

Attachments:

Zona Eshe
Too Drunk To PvP[LUSH]
Standing United[STUN]-TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

For my part (and I think most of my guild agrees) I don’t really think DB is going to Tier 1 with her current coverage formula. Even if she did, it would probably take the better part of a month anyway. TC is a stronger server than a lot of people in DB have faced yet, and I don’t think that was fully realized after our first match in T2. TC makes a great gatekeeper to Tier 1.

This post makes me proud to be on TC – thanks for saying this. Wanted to also point out that FA does a heckuva good job in T2 as well. I wouldn’t say any single server is a T1 gatekeeper; each server in T2 kicks butt. T2’s current matchup is awesome, competitive, and fun, and any time you’re in a tier where any of the three servers can win (and have won!) the week… Well, I think we should all consider ourselves pretty lucky.

I dont think you appreciate how scarred the “old guard” was by TC when you came to t3. FA was bad but you were worse. No disrespect intended to FA.

Someone mentioned something about how Db never got to see how well we would have done without the transfers in T2. Considering we were bottom ppt during NA in T3 when our opponents mobilized hard, Im pretty sure I can imagine what would have happened. It would not have been pretty.

Both TC and FA whupped on us during NA prime when you were floating between t2-t3. This forged a lot of server pride when week after week, even though there was no real end in sight before sos collapsed, there were dedicated NA guilds out there fighting.

Truthfully I think FA and TC are looking a gift horse in the mouth when it comes to the server transfers to DB. The new guilds have made T2 the most competitive and most fun tier in WvW.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vash.9183

Vash.9183

What underhanded tactics and back room deals, tell it to the public since you choose to bring it out here, bring out all your evidence that we spread lies and deceit on the t1 servers. yet another underhanded attempt at trying to create dissension among the dragonbrand guilds.

Oh thank you lee for asking I will happily tell the world everything you an raw did but don’t go QQing with all your kitteness you asked for it.

1. Raw told JQ he was covering JQB at the meeting than choose that night to try and switch with [FIRE] which ended up backfiring and leading to raw basically crying in TS to his guild and saying no one appreciates him and other guild leaders are oh so mean! blah blah blah.

2. Made a post saying despite everything he is quitting ‘due to real life issue’ next day is back in WvW on DB didn’t even take a day break lmfao. Not to mention the 2600 gold you guys basically robbed because no one in EMP has seen it. Week later he appears in T2 forums claiming to be the representative of DB.

3. Lied to FOO telling them JQ doesn’t appreciate the work they do and they make fun of FOO commanders and Waha behind their back, in a attempt to get them to go to DB. When any single person on JQ would tell you this is not the case we love Waha and FOO and appreciate all the work they do.

4. Despite being told no from many people you persist and persist sending mails with items and promising gold for transfers, and even offering to transfer guilds [OMEN] is the latest to jump on this Wagonbrand. Which from what I was told, from OMEN members I know. Only about 50% made the jump so yea you succeed in breaking up another gaming community, I am so proud.

5. Probably my favorite so far is all the guild all the guilds you try to get to transfer from JQ to DB that tell you no almost daily now lol. Not to mention the amount you DB clowns show up in T1 forums trying to sidetrack or derail the thread.

6. My favorite part about all this is how badly you guys got played by MERC and some of the other SoR/BG guilds lol, they played you into thinking that with this move you would De-stablize JQ and the rest of T1 in fact they just wanted you out of T1.

Or just the way you handle yourself lee telling people who followed you donated to you and supported your command, to either “Get with the program or get out we don’t need you. This choice to move to DB was made by our leaders so either support us or get out.” You are a cancer lee and you treat people as expendable assets for you to use and throw out as you please, I only hope DB realizes what you RE bunch are before its to late and they distance themselves because all you are gonna do is drag that server down and hop ship when you do.

Edit: Apparently FIRE decided to transfer and follow you too the Wagon also lol good-luck on the sinking ship FIRE

Whoah, you are so mad, bro. Don’t pop a blood vessel or anything, it’s not quite worth it… not when DB isn’t actually a sinking ship. Wouldn’t you say that’s JQ? I see why you would be so angry.

Let there be love!

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

in Match-ups

Jayne.9251

I dont think you appreciate how scarred the “old guard” was by TC when you came to t3. FA was bad but you were worse. No disrespect intended to FA.

Someone mentioned something about how Db never got to see how well we would have done without the transfers in T2. Considering we were bottom ppt during NA in T3 when our opponents mobilized hard, Im pretty sure I can imagine what would have happened. It would not have been pretty.

Both TC and FA whupped on us during NA prime when you were floating between t2-t3. This forged a lot of server pride when week after week, even though there was no real end in sight before sos collapsed, there were dedicated NA guilds out there fighting.

Truthfully I think FA and TC are looking a gift horse in the mouth when it comes to the server transfers to DB. The new guilds have made T2 the most competitive and most fun tier in WvW.

Just keep reminding the naysayers that you guys did indeed get to T2 on your own merit. I think people, in all this mudslinging, forget that sometimes.

As for transfers, eh let people screech. Not much they can do about it, can they?

Just be sure the “old guard” has the loudest voices, ok? Cos you guys are great.

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Heck no. I love T2, and I’m glad we still have some healthy competition going on!

Also, we love KH. Like…love love. Like……love love love. Those of us who have run with them in mumble and had them on the map understand fully how great they are. They have a great attitude and great skill. They’re another of our guilds I’m so glad I don’t have to face in a head-on fight.

A lot of our medium-sized guilds could take lessons from how KH does things.

in Match-ups

I Deschain I.4623

http://mos.millenium.org/na
Now with live scores – for the ones at work.

Retired.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

Whoah, you are so mad, bro. Don’t pop a blood vessel or anything, it’s not quite worth it… not when DB isn’t actually a sinking ship. Wouldn’t you say that’s JQ? I see why you would be so angry.

Let there be love!

JQ is currently beating BG pretty convincingly…….

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in Match-ups

Posted by: Blackelk.3784

Blackelk.3784

Let there be love!

Hey lee asked and I delivered and no I meant Wagon brand you know that 3rd place T2 server.

Guild Lead -[MMAC] Mixed Martial Arts and Crafts
Bluntski

in Match-ups

Posted by: MarauderKing.4572

MarauderKing.4572

[quote=2062622;Blackelk.3784:]

Haniko – [FIRE] FIRE Gaming Community
Dragonbrand (Ex-JQ)

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Woo!

Is that API documented anywhere?

in Match-ups

Posted by: MarauderKing.4572

MarauderKing.4572

Edit: Apparently FIRE decided to transfer and follow you too the Wagon also lol good-luck on the sinking ship FIRE

We aren’t interested in being forum warriors or forum trolls – I did just want to state we enjoyed our time on JQ and many of us had been there since release and fought hard for the server. Our only interest is in having good fights, a good time, and be a part of a good sever community.

Dragonbrand has been very welcoming, and from our short time here seems to have a great community of people and they have a great group of wvw’ers. We really don’t care which tier we play in as long as we can fight hard and have a good time in peace. I wish you all the best of luck on JQ.

Haniko – [FIRE] FIRE Gaming Community
Dragonbrand (Ex-JQ)

in Match-ups

Vash.9183

Let there be love!

Hey lee asked and I delivered and no I meant Wagon brand you know that 3rd place T2 server.

You delivered nothing but hate and drama in a forum that you don’t belong in. Being 3rd place in a tier that is highly competitive among all 3 servers hardly means anything. Just ask FA, they are skilled but have placed 3rd in tier 2 many times. Same with TC. Please stop the unnecessary drama.

Here on Dragonbrand, we are all getting along. New and old. The forum warriors don’t mean much at all in-game.

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

in Match-ups

Posted by: tehfoks.5120

tehfoks.5120

As a “wagonbrander” I have to say i love being on DB and I’m enjoying the hell out of this tier!

Also, I’m like 3 pages late (kitten this thread for moving so fast!), but great fights vs BT last night

[Agg]ression – Nfn

in Match-ups

I Deschain I.4623

Woo!

Is that API documented anywhere?

I dunno, sorry. There are still a few problems as it seems, but I guess you could bookmark it for the future. Nevertheless – cute Asura score update pictures are always welcome. :-)

Retired.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zoja.2631

Zoja.2631

I dunno, sorry. There are still a few problems as it seems, but I guess you could bookmark it for the future. Nevertheless – cute Asura score update pictures are always welcome. :-)

\o/ I still have a purpose for a little longer…
Score updates give me a reason to log in, slack off and not pack. :P

Zona Eshe
Too Drunk To PvP[LUSH]
Standing United[STUN]-TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Blackelk.3784

Blackelk.3784

Let there be love!

You delivered nothing but hate and drama in a forum that you don’t belong in. Being 3rd place in a tier that is highly competitive among all 3 servers hardly means anything. Just ask FA, they are skilled but have placed 3rd in tier 2 many times. Same with TC. Please stop the unnecessary drama.

Here on Dragonbrand, we are all getting along. New and old. The forum warriors don’t mean much at all in-game.

Well enjoy your version of menaace lol. I was doing what I felt was my duty in letting you know the truth, due to JQ having already suffered from a similar version of this in a leader of the community. You can take it anyway you want though that’s your right as a person just as it was my right to post here after all the RE and some other choice DB forum warriors choose to invade T1 forums taking smack like they would be in T1 within the week lol. If you want to keep T1 people out of your forum try keeping your people out of T1’s could do wonders.

Guild Lead -[MMAC] Mixed Martial Arts and Crafts
Bluntski

in Match-ups

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

Let there be love!

Well enjoy your version of menaace lol. I was doing what I felt was my duty in letting you know the truth, due to JQ having already suffered from a similar version of this in a leader of the community. You can take it anyway you want though that’s your right as a person just as it was my right to post here after all the RE and some other choice DB forum warriors choose to invade T1 forums taking smack like they would be in T1 within the week lol. If you want to keep T1 people out of your forum try keeping your people out of T1’s could do wonders.

This entire “You did it, so we’ll do it too” attitude is completely kittening kitten . If people from DB are invading your tier 1 thread, report their kitten and be done with it instead of coming here and making your server look just as arrogant.

EDIT: I know I seem angry, but sometimes I just think it looks so ridiculous with “kitten” being thrown in everywhere that I just swear when I really don’t have to

Dragonbrand

(edited by EnRohbi.2187)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

Let there be love!

This entire “You did it, so we’ll do it too” attitude is completely kittening kitten . If people from DB are invading your tier 1 thread, report their kitten and be done with it instead of coming here and making your server look just as arrogant.

I dont see how he is making his server look arrogant tbh.

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

in Match-ups

Vash.9183

Let there be love!

I dont see how he is making his server look arrogant tbh.

That’s because you’re doing the same thing

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

While I don’t agree with why DB is seeking/getting more transfers (no, not coverage, that other reason.) I am glad. Based on what I’m seeing, you guys need them to stay in T2 and since T3 is more balanced now then it was, it looks like we need you guys here now too.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Andy.9137

Andy.9137

I love the new features. Updates every few minutes and includes a live map!